PDA

View Full Version : Burnet / Robinson

lv2937
11-22-2014, 12:16 PM
7:30 in Belton at UMHB. We beat them once this year. Can we do it again?

stardog
11-22-2014, 12:54 PM
YES - Friday - 11/28 - @ 7:30

UMHB - Crusader Stadium

Rabid Cougar
11-22-2014, 02:13 PM
7:30 in Belton at UMHB. We beat them once this year. Can we do it again?

Ah hell. We got to listen to Cam and his "NASAs" for another week. :dispntd:

ac515
11-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Game is now friday @ 8pm at the new Baylor stadium

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Well, yeah you'll have to listen to Cam another week, but you'll have to put up with NASA's for at least two more weeks. Hey, I had to get this in and say it before he did.

Bosqueville
11-22-2014, 03:27 PM
Game is now friday @ 8pm at the new Baylor stadium

Yes!!

Rabid Cougar
11-22-2014, 04:16 PM
Well, yeah you'll have to listen to Cam another week, but you'll have to put up with NASA's for at least two more weeks. Hey, I had to get this in and say it before he did.

Heck I hope you play until the week before christmas. Its Cam and his NASA.

Oh he is going to completely discumbobulated about trip to Waco No. FOUR!

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Heck I hope you play until the week before christmas. Its Cam and his NASA.

Oh he is going to completely discumbobulated about trip to Waco No. FOUR!

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard the venue. I'm curious how it came to be. He'll probably blame it on Greendawg, his go to scapegoat.

stardog
11-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I couldn't believe it when I heard the venue. I'm curious how it came to be. He'll probably blame it on Greendawg, his go to scapegoat.

Cam and his pack of DAWGS have connections. (We might form an electric football league)

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 04:38 PM
I fully expected Cam to have a BB v RR poll thread set up first thing this morning. Where is that slacker??

stardog
11-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I fully expected Cam to have a BB v RR poll thread set up first thing this morning. Where is that slacker??

Cam is taking a nap. Long tough Friday night. He may have partied hard at the River Walk until daylight.

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 05:08 PM
Cam is taking a nap. Long tough Friday night. He may have partied hard at the River Walk until daylight.

Oh yeah, San Antone/Mexican food/tequila/fiesta.....:thumbsup:

Cam
11-22-2014, 05:48 PM

OK fine!!....I'm officially changing the name to, the Robinson SpaceX'ers!!!!!:taunt:.......I was also considering the Robinson European Space Agencies....but, something just didn't sound right!!

Cam
11-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Oh yeah, San Antone/Mexican food/tequila/fiesta.....:thumbsup:

actually....just got back from San Antone a little while ago.....

Hey, can someone add a poll to this thread?....I don't know how unless I start the thread from scratch......I have minimum puter technamanology edumacation!!!....

Cam
11-22-2014, 05:53 PM

....it was his fault!!....

Cam
11-22-2014, 05:54 PM
anybody wanna see a few game pics?....or am I borin' ya?......

Cam
11-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Marble Falls Daily Tribune game story:

http://www.dailytrib.com/2014/11/21/burnet-offense-much-king-56-27-bulldogs-win/

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 06:04 PM
anybody wanna see a few game pics?....or am I borin' ya?......

Sure, the better to scout with. If you can get us some game plan audio that would be great too!

BTW, I like NASAs better than Space Xers or whatever that was you said, if you're taking a vote.

Cam
11-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Sure, the better to scout with. If you can get us some game plan audio that would be great too!

BTW, I like NASAs better than Space Xers or whatever that was you said, if you're taking a vote.

scouting info?...you don't need any of that stuff!!....you've already seen Burnet.....well, most of it:thinking:........this game is a tribute to a pretty tough District 13!!.....whatever the outcome, it's been a fun bunch to watch!.....but the NASA's be's in trouble...Burnet on a space mission....and they still have a bad taste in their doggie breath mouths from last year's 3rd round playoff exit!!!....:foul:

taking a vote??....what is this, a democracy??

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 06:53 PM
scouting info?...you don't need any of that stuff!!....you've already seen Burnet.....well, most of it:thinking:........this game is a tribute to a pretty tough District 13!!.....whatever the outcome, it's been a fun bunch to watch!.....but the NASA's be's in trouble...Burnet on a space mission....and they still have a bad taste in their doggie breath mouths from last year's 3rd round playoff exit!!!....:foul:

taking a vote??....what is this, a democracy??

I'm just hoping we make it more respectable than last time.

So, I guess that's a no on the audio?

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm just hoping we make it more respectable than last time.

So, I guess that's a no on the audio?

OK OK....I'll let you in on a few secrets.....Burnet will be suiting up our new out of state move-in.....a 6'4" 400 lb. RB!!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/400.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:14 PM
a few X's & O's from Burnet playbook...please forward this to Robinson coaches....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/sos.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:20 PM
be careful with this play!....it's a doozy!...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/scri.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:21 PM
more X's and O's from the Burnet playbook:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/xo.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:30 PM
Coach O'Callahan makes sure the boys pay attention!:eek:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/coach.jpg

solocam
11-22-2014, 07:33 PM
He is transferring to Liberty Hill Monday,new QB in the spread slot t

Cam
11-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Soph. RB Steven Gallardo on the move!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0030.jpg

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Cam, that's some really funny stuff. Thanks for the tip on the RB, we'll bring a few bags of potato chips to distract him and make his fingers greasy, and susceptible to fumbling.

Cam
11-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Things got a little scary in the 3rd quarter when this Burnet player suddenly levitated and started flying around the field as if possessed!....Note the ref making a mad dash to the end zone exits...He was heard yelling, "I didn't mean to throw that flag! It was an accident! Everybody run!"....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0093.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Soph. RB Steven Gallardo

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0169.jpg

Rocket Man
11-22-2014, 09:13 PM
Things got a little scary in the 3rd quarter when this Burnet player suddenly levitated and started flying around the field as if possessed!....Note the ref making a mad dash to the end zone exits...He was heard yelling, "I didn't mean to throw that flag! It was an accident! Everybody run!"....

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0093.jpg

What, are trying out for comedy writer somewhere? Like me, you need to keep your day job.

Cam
11-22-2014, 09:23 PM
Junior LB #34 Trent Rockafellow....his grandpa is my neighbor....Closing in on King RB #20 Roger Arkadie....Arkadie is one tough runner!.....Briefly met Arkadie after the game. Very polite young man!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0076.jpg

Cam
11-22-2014, 09:24 PM
What, are trying out for comedy writer somewhere? Like me, you need to keep your day job.

For sure!!!

BullDawgDad
11-23-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm sure Eric Walker will make his presents known next Friday. He didn't get the pleasure over running over any Robinson players last time. He is averaging about 180 yards over the last 2 games. So if Robinson keys on Big Joel it will be a long night indeed for Robinson.
http://instagram.com/p/vM6bIVlVcI/http://instagram.com/p/vM6bIVlVcI/

Pudlugger
11-23-2014, 12:09 PM
Burnet gets their offense going early to ride out a 14 point win.

toddg
11-23-2014, 12:45 PM
....it was his fault!!.......always is..

panfan
11-23-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm sure Eric Walker will make his presents known next Friday. He didn't get the pleasure over running over any Robinson players last time. He is averaging about 180 yards over the last 2 games. So if Robinson keys on Big Joel it will be a long night indeed for Robinson.
http://instagram.com/p/vM6bIVlVcI/http://instagram.com/p/vM6bIVlVcI/

What is he bringing gifts?

LH Panther Mom
11-23-2014, 02:19 PM
Hey, can someone add a poll to this thread?
:thumbsup:

LHPfactory
11-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Burnet won the first time 45-23 .... 22points. Its the play offs, anything can happen.

I expect it will be a tougher fight this time, but still say Burnet by 14.

This week is not a given, but Cam is getting nervous about what we in the Purple and Green towns are hoping for on December 5th.

If this happens I hope we get Bible Stadium in Leander.

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 04:18 PM
I saw the first meeting between these teams, and walked away smh about Robinson. Then they showed up last week against a very good La Vernia team. Are they still Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde? I dunno, but I'm gonna bet they WILL NOT play like they did in the first meeting. Burnet's passing game mixed with the run had their defense struggling in the second half. I believe the Robinson coaching staff will be much better prepared for Burnet this time around. I still think the secondary for Robinson is suspect though, and the Burnet qb is an accurate thrower with a good arm. My best guess is that Robinson will do a good job offensively this time around, and will force the issue with scores. I still don't see Robinson stopping the Burnet offense. It should be interesting to see how this game unfolds.

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2014, 05:26 PM

Ah what football game?:cool:

Cam
11-23-2014, 06:20 PM
What is he bringing gifts?

panfan....you're just too edumacated for the rest of us!!......but maybe he did mean presents.....like maybe a few TD runs just for the Burnet folks!!.....IDK.....:vrycnfsd:

garciap77
11-23-2014, 06:45 PM
:2thumbsupI got Burnet!:2thumbsup

garciap77
11-23-2014, 06:46 PM

:crazy1::crazy1::crazy1:

bulldog60
11-23-2014, 06:55 PM
Burnet won the first time 45-23 .... 22points. Its the play offs, anything can happen.

This week is not a given, but Cam is getting nervous about what we in the Purple and Green towns are hoping for on December 5th.

How about Bertram its the half way point!!!!

LHPfactory
11-23-2014, 07:07 PM
How about Bertram its the half way point!!!!

LHHS and Panther Stadium is only about a mile from Bertram, thats even better.

Well from the BCISD line that is....

I dont want to end up in Marble Falls, its not a bad drive for either of us, but that rinky dink visitor side would not contain either of our towns, everyone will be at this game if it happens.

Rabid Cougar
11-23-2014, 07:24 PM
LHHS and Panther Stadium is only about a mile from Bertram, thats even better.

Well from the BCISD line that is....

I dont want to end up in Marble Falls, its not a bad drive for either of us, but that rinky dink visitor side would not contain either of our towns, everyone will be at this game if it happens.

Burnet will pick Waco again....... they like it up here.

LHPfactory
11-23-2014, 07:43 PM

Im sure, doesnt sound like they got a fair deal on the coin flip for this Friday. I would think Georgetown would have been a more Neutral site.

Cam
11-23-2014, 08:29 PM

:foul:

Cam
11-23-2014, 08:32 PM

I don't do "nervous"....but I get the feelin' you might be feelin' a little bit of anxiety yourself seeing that the word "nervous" is in your vocabulary!.....:D......

Rocket Man
11-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Cam, do you why the venue ended up in Waco? I haven't heard why it worked out like this.

Cam
11-23-2014, 08:38 PM
Hey Rocket Man....you got a boy on the team?.....

Rocket Man
11-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Hey Rocket Man....you got a boy on the team?.....

No, only the Jr High cheerleader. My wife and I have been going to the games since 1992; I'm a lifer.

Cam
11-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Cam, do you why the venue ended up in Waco? I haven't heard why it worked out like this.

....well.....there's this little restaurant......actually, I have no idea.....my guess is the coaches decided to flip for home....but I really don't know..I was expecting Copperas Cove or Killeen....guess I better book another hotel room!...I ain't drivin' back that night!.....Hey, when coming back yesterday from San Antonio, we stopped for some fast food....car battery died!!!.....I got some nice fella to jump start us.....He said to me, "Hey, aren't you that Cam fella from the DownLow?".......I said, "Huh?".......Old fella said, "Nevermind, you just reminded me of some idiot I know from some forum!".......

Rocket Man
11-23-2014, 09:05 PM
....well.....there's this little restaurant......actually, I have no idea.....my guess is the coaches decided to flip for home....but I really don't know..I was expecting Copperas Cove or Killeen....guess I better book another hotel room!...I ain't drivin' back that night!.....Hey, when coming back yesterday from San Antonio, we stopped for some fast food....car battery died!!!.....I got some nice fella to jump start us.....He said to me, "Hey, aren't you that Cam fella from the DownLow?".......I said, "Huh?".......Old fella said, "Nevermind, you just reminded me of some idiot I know from some forum!".......

That guy was my brother! He said your battery was in the worst condition he's ever seen and that you didn't even offer him a tip.

I've got to find out about this venue thing. If it had gone the other way, I wonder where y'all's coaches had picked. Hmmm, Batman's on it.....to be continued...

FB-fanatic
11-24-2014, 12:36 AM
Pretty sure Varsity Parent and I will be at the game Friday at McLane. Maybe we'll see Rocket Man and Cam up there.....

panfan
11-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Robinson has some steam but I'm afraid that the Dawgs are gonna put the fire out this Friday. Rockets won't be able to overcome the previous loss mentality to pull this one out. Besides probably about half of LH will be in Waco watching this game since we don't play til Saturday. Calf puppies roll on .

panfan
11-24-2014, 09:13 AM
panfan....you're just too edumacated for the rest of us!!......but maybe he did mean presents.....like maybe a few TD runs just for the Burnet folks!!.....IDK.....:vrycnfsd:

Admit it, you wanted to say something too. :rolleyes:

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2014, 09:15 AM

Well there is this two headed Silver Dollar. Burnet chose tails, probably twice.

hollywood
11-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Calf puppies roll on.

:fnypost:

greendawg84
11-24-2014, 11:03 AM
They had decided on UMHB but a game came open at RG3 , Burnet coach called Robinson coach and they agreed it would be a great place for the boys to play . Since we will be driving they agreed we would be home team . Thats what I heard from my son anyway .

So not my fault ! I do know the boys are really excited to be playing there .

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 11:15 AM
They had decided on UMHB but a game came open at RG3 , Burnet coach called Robinson coach and they agreed it would be a great place for the boys to play . Since we will be driving they agreed we would be home team . Thats what I heard from my son anyway .

So not my fault ! I do know the boys are really excited to be playing there .

Mystery solved, but you know Cam is still going to blame you. Though I live up here in the vicinity, it will be my first time there. I hear we'll need to bring a little extra $$ for concessions and parking.

Cam
11-24-2014, 11:22 AM
Mystery solved, but you know Cam is still going to blame you. Though I live up here in the vicinity, it will be my first time there. I hear we'll need to bring a little extra $$ for concessions and parking.

Don't forget a little extra $$$ to buy a box of tissue at the nearest Walgreens for after the game!....:bigcry:.....and when you're done with it, give the rest to panfan since he says he's gonna be there....he'll be needing it the following week!......:D:crazy1::stirpot:

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Don't forget a little extra $$$ to buy a box of tissue at the nearest Walgreens for after the game!....:bigcry:.....and when you're done with it, give the rest to panfan since he says he's gonna be there....he'll be needing it the following week!......:D:crazy1::stirpot:

We prefer to just let tears of joy stream down our faces; however, there is a psyche place in Waco called the DePaul center that treats depression. I can go ahead and reserve a room for you if you want.......probably be a late Friday night arrival?? :taunt:

panfan
11-24-2014, 11:28 AM

Calf puppies countin their range cubes before they are out of the bag there huh? :eek::eek:

Cam
11-24-2014, 11:29 AM
We prefer to just let tears of joy stream down our faces; however, there is a psyche place in Waco called the DePaul center that treats depression. I can go ahead and reserve a room for you if you want.......probably be a late Friday night arrival?? :taunt:

I'll take it!!....better than spending money for a hotel room like I planned!......I'll just celebrate with the other patients!.....

Cam
11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Calf puppies countin their range cubes before they are out of the bag there huh? :eek::eek:

Aren't you??.....:thinking::D

panfan
11-24-2014, 11:36 AM
I'll take it!!....better than spending money for a hotel room like I planned!......I'll just celebrate with the other patients!.....

You'll fit right in. just make sure to leave your drawers on, we don't need no Arse peek a boo from patient gowns.

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2014, 11:37 AM

Doesn't cost anything to park. Come in from LaSalle (the southeast). You won't get hung up on the I-35 access road. You can always go lauch your Jon Boat and boat right up to the stadium.

The consessions are what they are.

greendawg84
11-24-2014, 11:39 AM
Not me , this is going to be a hell of a game . I for sure dont expect the NASA's to play like they did the first game . Both teams are better than they were for that game .

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Doesn't cost anything to park. Come in from LaSalle (the southeast). You won't get hung up on the I-35 access road. You can always go lauch your Jon Boat and boat right up to the stadium.

Excellent, thanks for the La Salle suggestion.

Cam
11-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Not me , this is going to be a hell of a game . I for sure dont expect the NASA's to play like they did the first game . Both teams are better than they were for that game .

I agree with you Greendawg....I'm just tryin' to stir things up....hey, somebody has to!!.....this is going to be a barn burner of a game....I don't like playing the same team twice...I would've preferred La Vernia to be honest....but I'm also glad to see two district 13 teams going at it.....it is what it is...if these Burnet boys really want to make a statement..now is the time!!...This game could go either way IMO.....The NASA's have some fine athletes!!...Plus, the biggest, bestest, baddest, and boldest fan in NASA land, Rocket Man!!!.......But I'm stickin' to the Dawgs!.....

.....this is all your fault!....

Cam
11-24-2014, 12:15 PM

Are you gonna be there RC?

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 12:28 PM

I would bet my daughter's bottle of her favorite shade of pink fingernail polish that he will!

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 12:42 PM
I'll be in Waco for the Baylor-Kansas State game on the 6th. Fingers have been crossed for a couple weeks hoping the game is in either Brownwood or Waco (IF LH and Burnet win, of course). Catching both games would be GREAT.

Cam
11-24-2014, 12:59 PM
That guy was my brother! He said your battery was in the worst condition he's ever seen and that you didn't even offer him a tip.

I've got to find out about this venue thing. If it had gone the other way, I wonder where y'all's coaches had picked. Hmmm, Batman's on it.....to be continued...

....that guy was your brother??....I didn't know you were Vietnamese???......:D

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 01:29 PM
....that guy was your brother??....I didn't know you were Vietnamese???......:D

I was adopted

Cam
11-24-2014, 02:14 PM
I was adopted

well OK then....ya think ya could get me a nón lá??....those things are awesome!!....

Cam
11-24-2014, 02:18 PM
for Thanksgiving....we're flyin' some of them Estes model rockets......the boys and I are gonna see who can shoot one down first with a shotgun!....:devil:

Cam
11-24-2014, 02:25 PM
From Dave Campbells:

Biggest Winner:

Robinson. All season long, we couldn’t stop raving about La Vernia and its defense. After all, the unit looked like one of the best in the state and slowed down just about every team it faced this season. But La Vernia was no match for Robinson. Stud running back Le’Vonte Owens scored a couple of touchdowns as the Rockets came away with a 31-28 victory. Robinson will now face Burnet, a team the Rockets lost to by 22 during the regular season.

varsity parent
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Pretty sure Varsity Parent and I will be at the game Friday at McLane. Maybe we'll see Rocket Man and Cam up there.....

Yep! Wouldn't miss it! Be there wearing my RED shirt that I wear every Friday! (ie, RED FRIDAY). I expect a much tougher game this time around. Funny thing is, when you no longer have a dog in the fight, the pulse rate stays even keel, you notice the loud parents and the multitude of "Refs" in the stands much more. FB fanatic and I were once in that group. Now we just watch the game that we love!

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Cam,

There were some misspelled words in your post, I fixed it:

From Dave Campbells:

Biggest Winner:

Robinson. All season long, we couldn’t stop raving about La Vernia & Shirley and their defense. After all, the unit looked like one of the best in the state and slowed down just about every team it faced this season. But La Vernia & Shirley were no match for the NASAs. Stud running back Le’Vonte Owens scored a couple of touchdowns as the NASAs came away with a 31-28 victory. The NASAs will now face Brunettes, a team the NASAs lost to by 22 during the regular season.

Cam
11-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Cam,

There were some misspelled words in your post, I fixed it:

From Dave Campbells:

Biggest Winner:

Robinson. All season long, we couldn’t stop raving about La Vernia & Shirley and their defense. After all, the unit looked like one of the best in the state and slowed down just about every team it faced this season. But La Vernia & Shirley were no match for the NASAs. Stud running back Le’Vonte Owens scored a couple of touchdowns as the NASAs came away with a 31-28 victory. The NASAs will now face Brunettes, a team the NASAs lost to by 22 during the regular season.

NICE!....La Vernia & Shirley!!!...:tisk:....

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 04:48 PM
NICE!....La Vernia & Shirley!!!...:tisk:....

It was so hard to resist and there was no disrespect intended.

Rabid Cougar
11-24-2014, 08:11 PM

It will be a long day on the river. Run the chains at noon and watch Robinson that evening.

Rocket Man
11-24-2014, 10:46 PM
It will be a long day on the river. Run the chains at noon and watch Robinson that evening.

Are you gonna be there Saturday, I think I'm gonna get a chance to be one of the spotters for the South Lake game.

BullDawgDad
11-24-2014, 10:49 PM

It was obviously a typo error via my voice dictation. But it is also the Holiday season so it maybe some presents of some kind!!!!

panfan
11-25-2014, 07:37 AM
I heard they were gonna televise this game, anybody got any info on that?

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:19 AM
It was obviously a typo error via my voice dictation. But it is also the Holiday season so it maybe some presents of some kind!!!!

obviously....:spitlol:

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:22 AM
I was adopted
splains everything.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Are you gonna be there Saturday, I think I'm gonna get a chance to be one of the spotters for the South Lake game.

Possibly. If I get the Christmas decorations up that morning.

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 10:37 AM
splains everything.

Oh my, you haven't seen anything yet Bucko!! :1popcorn::thinking:

So we have the Chinese Springs, the NASAs and the Brunettes. Let's see how creative our group can be with the fourth one in our little group:

Liberty Ant Hill

Not that great, just off the top of my head. I'm sure we'll come up with something good

Cam, Rabid: y'all have any suggestions???

panfan
11-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Oh my, you haven't seen anything yet Bucko!! :1popcorn::thinking:

So we have the Chinese Springs, the NASAs and the Brunettes. Let's see how creative our group can be with the fourth one in our little group:

Liberty Ant Hill

Not that great, just off the top of my head. I'm sure we'll come up with something good

Cam, Rabid: y'all have any suggestions???

Too late my friend - we are the barney's - been that way since i got on here a few years back. Unfortunately it stuck. I personally like the calfpuppies instead of Brunettes.

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 11:01 AM
Too late my friend - we are the barney's - been that way since i got on here a few years back. Unfortunately it stuck. I personally like the calfpuppies instead of Brunettes.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Barney's..........that's pretty good.

Well, maybe Cam and Rabid with come up with some stuff and we can have a little fun during the week...........we gotta entertain ourselves some how.......I'm free game so fire away, our "new" software update here at work is really sluggish today, so I'm waiting minutes in between processes instead of seconds; therefore, I need something to do.

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Sentimental favorite is "the Barney's". I used to have all the songs memorized 18 or so years ago. Calf puppies is fine too. We haven't played Burnet enough to develop bad taste for them yet. Too bad we won't play in baseball. Will miss playing Lorena twice a year too. Get VERY chippy.

bulldog60
11-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if we can pay to see the 12Noon and 4PM games and stay for all three games including the Burnet vs Robinson game on Friday?

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Sentimental favorite is "the Barney's". I used to have all the songs memorized 18 or so years ago. Calf puppies is fine too. We haven't played Burnet enough to develop bad taste for them yet. Too bad we won't play in baseball. Will miss playing Lorena twice a year too. Get VERY chippy.

Isn't the baseball alignment the same as the basketball alignment which puts us back into Region III, District 17; same schools?

greendawg84
11-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Isn't the baseball alignment the same as the basketball alignment which puts us back into Region III, District 17; same schools?

Yes it is .

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 03:34 PM

Yep.... I was wrong about Lorena. we will have Gatesville instead of West though.

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Yep.... I was wrong about Lorena. we will have Gatesville instead of West though.

That's a shame, I bet that really ticked Coach Kent at RR off when he found that out............LOL

Cam
11-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Barney's..........that's pretty good.

Well, maybe Cam and Rabid with come up with some stuff and we can have a little fun during the week...........we gotta entertain ourselves some how.......I'm free game so fire away, our "new" software update here at work is really sluggish today, so I'm waiting minutes in between processes instead of seconds; therefore, I need something to do.

well.....there is such a thing as a "purple pansy"!!!.....or we could call them the Liberty HIll Porfirio's!!!.....In Spanish the meaning of the name Porfirio is: Purple!......but I'm like Rabid...I still like the Barneys!!....I think panfan likes it too...just look at his avatar!!!......

Bosqueville
11-25-2014, 05:14 PM

So far they have not charged for parking at the high school games I've attended. But yes, bring LOTS of $ for food and drink. Dr Pepper will set you back $4. But it's an incredible venue!!

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Just found out that I will probably be working the chains for all three games Friday.

Cam
11-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Just found out that I will probably be working the chains for all three games Friday.

who else is playing there Friday?

Nevermind just found it:

Rockwall-Heath (10-2) vs. Tyler John Tyler (10-2) Friday 12:00pm McLane Stadium, Waco

Dallas Skyline (11-0) vs. Klein Collins (11-1) Friday 4:00pm McLane Stadum, Waco

Robinson (8-4) vs. Burnet (10-2) Friday 8:00pm McLane Stadium, Waco

Bosqueville
11-25-2014, 05:25 PM
Tough break!

Cam
11-25-2014, 05:26 PM

try not to run me over or hit me over the head with them things!!.....

Cam
11-25-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm way overdue with a limerick....might be a little rusty but here goes....

"The NASA Limerick"

The Rockets refueled and want to launch,
Burnet is ready, able, willing, and staunch,
These Dawgs do bite don't think they can't,
As sure as a leg lift on a fire hydrant,
Robinson, we have a problem, just lost by a bunch!!....................:D:crazy1:

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!.......

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 07:54 PM
I'm way overdue with a limerick....might be a little rusty but here goes....

"The NASA Limerick"

The Rockets refueled and want to launch,
Burnet is ready, able, willing, and staunch,
These Dawgs do bite don't think they can't,
As sure as a leg lift on a fire hydrant,
Robinson, we have a problem, just lost by a bunch!!....................:D:crazy1:

.....this is all Greendawgs fault!.......

Now, I can't let this go by without a response. Nicely done, by the way. I don't know the rules of a limerick but I cans rhyme.

"The Pretty Brunettes"

All dressed to the nines for a night on the town
The Pretty Brunettes wore all their best gowns
They primped and they primed all the week long
For their date with the Rockets from Robinson
At long last their big day it arrived
The Rockets showed up and gave them a ride
When the dates were done and the lights went dim
The Pretty Brunettes found themselves in the gym

Cam
11-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Now, I can't let this go by without a response. Nicely done, by the way. I don't know the rules of a limerick but I cans rhyme.

"The Pretty Brunettes"

All dressed to the nines for a night on the town
The Pretty Brunettes wore all their best gowns
They primped and they primed all the week long
For their date with the Rockets from Robinson
At long last their big day it arrived
The Rockets showed up and gave them a ride
When the dates were done and the lights went dim
The Pretty Brunettes found themselves in the gym

:clap:.......Rocket Man, you and me need to hang out!!!

oh...rules of a limerick: 5 lines total....first two lines must rhyme with last line.....
......this is all Greendawgs fault!......

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 09:03 PM
try not to run me over or hit me over the head with them things!!.....

We will be on opposite sidelines.

Cam
11-25-2014, 09:06 PM
We will be on opposite sidelines.

not quite....I have a tendency to wander over to the visitor side.....less traffic usually....plus, I get a better feel on how the opponents are reacting.....

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 09:33 PM
not quite....I have a tendency to wander over to the visitor side.....less traffic usually....plus, I get a better feel on how the opponents are reacting.....

I deduce a newspaper man, photog or school admin?

Rabid Cougar
11-25-2014, 09:43 PM

Firiday
12:00 Rockwall Heath vs Tyler
4:00 Skyline vs Klein Collins
8:00 Burnet vs Robinson

Sat
1:00 San Angelo Central vs Carroll

Cam
11-25-2014, 09:47 PM

photog......

Rocket Man
11-25-2014, 09:52 PM

He iz not photog, he iz spy!! Ve don't like ze spies on ze Rocket side. Ve must git picture of zis man, he iz not good for detente. :evil:

greendawg84
11-26-2014, 08:29 AM

He does have a tendency to wander ....... as you have all seen !

Not my fault .....

panfan
11-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Anybody heard if this game will be televised.

Rabid Cougar
11-26-2014, 09:41 AM
Anybody heard if this game will be televised.

It will not be televised.

panfan
11-26-2014, 10:35 AM

troublemaker, at least that's what G-dawg says.:D

LV_Bearfan
11-26-2014, 11:56 AM
I think the good Robinson shows up again. Rockets by 1.

stardog
11-26-2014, 07:16 PM
I think Robinson was playing some good football when Burnet played them earlier. Waco is Burnet's home away from home (this is 4th game in Waco area) and Burnet is the Home team for this playoff game. Have every one healthy for the game and team is ready to roll. This team plays as a team. Everyone contributes to each play. We always watch who's got the ball or who's making the tackle. But its fun to watch the O-linemen doing their blocking or D-line taking on the offense blockers. Burnet is playing good team football and I predict:

Burnet 45 - Robinson 20

BLEEDZGREEN
11-27-2014, 02:13 PM
Dawgs by 10

Bosqueville
11-28-2014, 08:20 PM
The crowd waiting to get into the stadium his HUGE!!

Bosqueville
11-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Still waiting in line to get in. I doubt some will make it in until halftime.

panfan
11-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Burnet and Robinson - Tied up at 7 near end of 1st quarter

FB-fanatic
11-28-2014, 09:28 PM
We had a friend in line buy our tickets. Got in at kickoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

FB-fanatic
11-28-2014, 09:29 PM
10-7 Burnet

FB-fanatic
11-28-2014, 09:30 PM
I bet 300 people in line at kickoff.

panfan
11-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Burnet up 17 - 7

FB-fanatic
11-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Burnet 17 RR 7

panfan
11-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Burnet 17 Robinson 14

panfan
11-28-2014, 09:49 PM
Burnet 24 Robinson 14

panfan
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Burnet 24 Robinson 21
31 seconds left in the half

FB-fanatic
11-28-2014, 10:03 PM
24-21 half

panfan
11-28-2014, 10:32 PM
Robinson 28 - Burnet 24 start of the 2nd half

panfan
11-28-2014, 10:34 PM
Burnet scores next play

Burnet 31 Robinson 28

panfan
11-28-2014, 10:47 PM
Burnet 38 Robinson 28 5:08 left in 3rd

panfan
11-28-2014, 10:50 PM
Burnet 38 Robinson 35, Robinson scores first play of the next drive.

panfan
11-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Burnet 38 Robinson 35

Robinson Kicked to tie up game and missed. bout 3 minutes left. Burnet has the ball 3rd and 4 to go for first down.

panfan
11-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Burnet 1st down. Victory formation.

panfan
11-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Burnet wins 38 to 35 over Robinson

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Nice win Brunet! Heck of a season Robinson!

Rocket Man
11-29-2014, 01:16 AM
Kudos to the Brunettes!!

They made the plays when they needed to and we had our chance at the end and fell short.

Full speed ahead, keep representing the 13!!

Cam
11-29-2014, 03:50 AM
Kudos to the Brunettes!!

They made the plays when they needed to and we had our chance at the end and fell short.

Full speed ahead, keep representing the 13!!

That was a great game to watch!....I just walked in the front door......too tired to sleep!.....Neither team deserved to lose IMO!....Robinson looked like a much improved team..and man are they big!!!......RB De'Vonte Owens is a beast!...looks like Eric Dickerson with them goggles.....Congrats to the NASA's on a fine season!!!.....:2thumbsup

YTBulldogs
11-29-2014, 04:00 AM
Congrats Cam and Burnet.

BullDawgDad
11-29-2014, 09:20 AM
IMO...I believe the biggest miss by the Baylor hosts was the handling of ticket sales and opening of the gates. We arrived at the stadium at 6:15 and didn't get our tickets until about 7:20. The gates didn't open up until about 7:20 and we finally got in and walked around to the other side and got our seats at about 7:45. It was my understanding that Burnet had no option to pre-sale tickets while Robinson supporters did. A rep from the stadium staff told us the hang up was not opening the gates until the previous games fans had exited the stadium. Of course they started game on time and left several hundreds of people waiting in line just to get their tickets at kickoff. I believe next time Baylor decides to host again that they have their ticket window open throughout the day while games were being played. Other than that issue the Baylor stadium was an excellent choice for these boys to play their game. Congrats to Robinson for making it a well fought game...no one left early this time. Burnet Bulldogs rule the night twice. Ready for next weekend!!!

stardog
11-29-2014, 09:58 AM
OUTSTANDING game !!! Agree with BullDawgDad on getting into game. Long line getting tickets, then get into long line to get in. Previous game had all close parking. Maybe needed extra hour between games to clear parking and long lines waiting. Like to get seats early visit and watch teams warming up. Fans still coming in after KO. Hope schools made good payouts since tickets $10 vs been paying 6, and food and drinks $4 vs been paying $2 & $3. At least parking free even though a mess.

Anyway beautiful stadium felt like indoor with AC turned down little low. Both teams played hard and great. Plenty of exciting plays not like the dull slot T games.

Teams talk about playing tough pre-dist games to get them ready for district and playoffs - hog wash - District 13 was very competitive and tough exciting games. Robinson lost couple of district games should have won. They regrouped and came back strong. See you next year for some good football.

On to the next game - Burnet ready and rolling. Ready for who ever.

Nice playing central and south this year. Better football weather. If its Liberty Hill will be Austin area, and if Rockport-Fulton will be San Antonio again.

Rabid Cougar
11-29-2014, 11:39 AM
OUTSTANDING game !!! Agree with BullDawgDad on getting into game. Long line getting tickets, then get into long line to get in. Previous game had all close parking. Maybe needed extra hour between games to clear parking and long lines waiting. Like to get seats early visit and watch teams warming up. Fans still coming in after KO. Hope schools made good payouts since tickets $10 vs been paying 6, and food and drinks $4 vs been paying $2 & $3. At least parking free even though a mess.

Anyway beautiful stadium felt like indoor with AC turned down little low. Both teams played hard and great. Plenty of exciting plays not like the dull slot T games.

Teams talk about playing tough pre-dist games to get them ready for district and playoffs - hog wash - District 13 was very competitive and tough exciting games. Robinson lost couple of district games should have won. They regrouped and came back strong. See you next year for some good football.

On to the next game - Burnet ready and rolling. Ready for who ever.

Nice playing central and south this year. Better football weather. If its Liberty Hill will be Austin area, and if Rockport-Fulton will be San Antonio again.

On the Baylor Stadium thing.... Baylor charges the schools $9,000 a game to play there. The stadium pays all the expenses from the gate and then returns whatever is left to the schools. If they have open gates, like Cowboys Stadium does at the SC, schools get the shaft in regards to thier proceeds. Thus no ticket sales prior to the game and the gates not being open unitl the stadium is empty.

They are trying to get the most games in a day. There were three games and started on time. (12, 4, 8 pm) There was more than an hour between the end of the games and the start of the next. It is unfortunate that it took people so long to get in. The exit off I-35 for Robinson and Burnet was as bad as it is on Baylor games. Robinson had the best turnout of all the games, and I think of ANY playoff game that have been held there this year.

Personally, I don't think Baylor was ready for the turnout last night.

Rabid Cougar
11-29-2014, 11:49 AM
Oh I met CAM last night. he was sniffing around the Robinson bench. he was talking to his wrist the whole time. I was sad to see him wear a very very poor excuse of a hoodie..... Also CAM How did you know it was me? There were two other members of the chain gang that were dressed the same. Are you profiling me as the fat old man??????

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:09 PM
Burnet junior WR Joel Johnson's sliding catch.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR9910.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Burnet senior Kaleb Bell on the chase

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR0066.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:21 PM
Robinson RB De'vonte Owens. What a player!

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR9966.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:27 PM
Burnet senior DE Travis Freeman & Robinson QB Michael Davila

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR0060.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:45 PM
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR9922.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Burnet senior DT Cameron Chafin

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR0094.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 12:53 PM
Burnet soph WR Steven Gallardo

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR0034.jpg

Cam
11-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Oh I met CAM last night. he was sniffing around the Robinson bench. he was talking to his wrist the whole time. I was sad to see him wear a very very poor excuse of a hoodie..... Also CAM How did you know it was me? There were two other members of the chain gang that were dressed the same. Are you profiling me as the fat old man??????

Actually no....I wasn't talkin' into anything....I just couldn't get enough of that cologne I sampled at Wal-Mart before the game!!:D....What was wrong with my hoodie??....How did I know it was you?...I didn't!!!....But I figured since you have some pretty big humans for sons that it was 2 of the 3 chain gang fellas....I walked up behind the other big fellas first...I asked him, "Are you rabid?"....You shoulda seen the look on his face!!!...then I realized he was pretty young so I just said, "Never mind"......that's when I approached you......Too bad we were both too busy to exchange insults or pleasantries......

Cam
11-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Senior WR Cody Jones

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/_CMR0109.jpg

stardog
11-29-2014, 02:11 PM
On the Baylor Stadium thing.... Baylor charges the schools $9,000 a game to play there. The stadium pays all the expenses from the gate and then returns whatever is left to the schools. If they have open gates, like Cowboys Stadium does at the SC, schools get the shaft in regards to thier proceeds. Thus no ticket sales prior to the game and the gates not being open unitl the stadium is empty.

They are trying to get the most games in a day. There were three games and started on time. (12, 4, 8 pm) There was more than an hour between the end of the games and the start of the next. It is unfortunate that it took people so long to get in. The exit off I-35 for Robinson and Burnet was as bad as it is on Baylor games. Robinson had the best turnout of all the games, and I think of ANY playoff game that have been held there this year.

Personally, I don't think Baylor was ready for the turnout last night.
I think Burnet had as good a crowd as Robinson. There were more people on the Robinson side (visitor side) because there were a lot of other folks other than Burnet / Robinson sitting on that side because everyone entering the gate on that side and sit on that side where Burnet fans had to go around to home side.

Rabid Cougar
11-29-2014, 07:34 PM
I think Burnet had as good a crowd as Robinson. There were more people on the Robinson side (visitor side) because there were a lot of other folks other than Burnet / Robinson sitting on that side because everyone entering the gate on that side and sit on that side where Burnet fans had to go around to home side.

Last nights game out drew todays 6A game of Southlake vs San Angelo. Better game too.

Rabid Cougar
11-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Actually no....I wasn't talkin' into anything....I just couldn't get enough of that cologne I sampled at Wal-Mart before the game!!:D....What was wrong with my hoodie??....How did I know it was you?...I didn't!!!....But I figured since you have some pretty big humans for sons that it was 2 of the 3 chain gang fellas....I walked up behind the other big fellas first...I asked him, "Are you rabid?"....You shoulda seen the look on his face!!!...then I realized he was pretty young so I just said, "Never mind"......that's when I approached you......Too bad we were both too busy to exchange insults or pleasantries......

You did smell kinda purty. Made up for the t-sip hoodie. :D

Cam
11-29-2014, 08:06 PM
You did smell kinda purty. Made up for the t-sip hoodie. :D

....it wasn't just a t-sip hoodie....I think you noticed the big "TEXAS"....but the fine print said, "University of TEXAS Health Science Center San Antonio".....where my boy goes....so, it's a special hoodie to me!....:taunt:...btw, I'm not a big UT fan myself.....just the music the UT band plays is enough to drive a man to drinkin'!!!......

BullDawgDad
11-29-2014, 09:55 PM
....it wasn't just a t-sip hoodie....I think you noticed the big "TEXAS"....but the fine print said, "University of TEXAS Health Science Center San Antonio".....where my boy goes....so, it's a special hoodie to me!....:taunt:...btw, I'm not a big UT fan myself.....just the music the UT band plays is enough to drive a man to drinkin'!!!......

Have you ever noticed UT's fight song music is a lot like "Row, Row, Row your boat"

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Damd it - DP

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2014, 09:31 AM

Oh man.... 1,000 apologies. Did not see the fine print. :1omg!: That's the boy that played against my oldest right? Nice!:clap:

Rabid Cougar
11-30-2014, 09:35 AM
" I'm not a big UT fan myself.....just the music the UT band plays is enough to drive a man to drinkin'!!!" - CAM

I knew you were a good man..... not sure how.....but I knew it.

Cam
11-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Oh man.... 1,000 apologies. Did not see the fine print. :1omg!: That's the boy that played against my oldest right? Nice!:clap:

No need for apologies.....I kinda figured what you saw and mean't......yep, I think so...he graduated in 2011 but he was part of the kickoff team during that 09' playoff meeting as a soph...don't think he ever played Chinese Springs after that......