PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Hill vs Rockport-Fulton

panfan
11-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Panthers are rolling. Probably play in San Antonio somewhere against Rockport. I hear they are run based team as well, running the T. Guess we'll see who does it better.

Sweetwater Red
11-22-2014, 10:42 AM
L-h-h-s

LV_Bearfan
11-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Panthers are rolling. Probably play in San Antonio somewhere against Rockport. I hear they are run based team as well, running the T. Guess we'll see who does it better.
You guys switching back to the T this week? ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2014, 11:21 AM
Rockport Fulton playing better defense than they did earlier in the year. Good luck RF keep it going.

panfan
11-22-2014, 12:36 PM
You guys switching back to the T this week? ;)

New fangled offense. Spread T. Daddy D has a picture of it.

Seacarp12
11-22-2014, 01:55 PM
I said it with the Canyon Lake game and I'll say it again. To beat rockport your going to need more big plays than they do. Happened yesterday. CL had 3 big plays, Rockport had 4.

1st and goal
11-22-2014, 05:54 PM

That's my favorite line up on my tudor electric football game. :)

Cam
11-22-2014, 06:29 PM

hear we go again!!!....:doh:

solocam
11-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Where is the game going to be at

solocam
11-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Saturday 1:00 oclock Alamo dome

Cam
11-22-2014, 07:40 PM
the slot-T requires unbelievable concentration, dedication, hard work, and intelligence.....so, to help acquire those attributes, every LH player is given this panther origami assignment....then they have buff4ever come over and paint every one of them black!!:D:crazy1:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/cat.jpg

panfan
11-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Saturday 1:00 oclock Alamo dome
Alamo stadium

SintonFan_inAustin
11-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Alamo stadium

great get to see Liberty Hill and our neighbors Rockport Fulton

Only other time seeing Liberty Hill was against Pleasanton in Alamo Dome.

solocam
11-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Alamo stadium

thanks for the correction

panfan
11-22-2014, 09:45 PM
[QUOTE=solocam;1844713]thanks for the correction[/QUOTE
Newly renovated, many a playoff game has been played there. Judson rockets (my alma mata) beat Churchill there in 1983 to move on to the state finals. LH is primed and ready to take on Rockport. I'll say the same thing I told Gonzalez, get ready for some smash mouth ball to come your way.

Leopardfan201
11-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Give me LH by 26, only teams to beat LH are LG and Abilene Wylie and Rockport no whr near that talent level

Seacarp12
11-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Give me LH by 26, only teams to beat LH are LG and Abilene Wylie and Rockport no whr near that talent level
Rockport is talented don't let that fool you. They are very underrated. The HC has been in this situation before and he can get those boys ready. Expect a big game from rockports star QB Resendez

solocam
11-23-2014, 09:43 AM
expect a big game from panthers offense controlling the clock,panthers move on to next round

99IHSMustang
11-23-2014, 11:20 AM
Go RF!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pudlugger
11-23-2014, 12:05 PM
A good game close until the 3rd quarter when LH pulls away. LH by 14.

panfan
11-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Rockport is talented don't let that fool you. They are very underrated. The HC has been in this situation before and he can get those boys ready. Expect a big game from rockports star QB Resendez
Pirates flounder in second half.

panfan
11-23-2014, 01:17 PM
the slot-T requires unbelievable concentration, dedication, hard work, and intelligence.....so, to help acquire those attributes, every LH player is given this panther origami assignment....then they have buff4ever come over and paint every one of them black!!:D:crazy1:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/cat.jpg
What can we say, got some smart kids!

panfan
11-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Will be glad to oblige!

LHPfactory
11-23-2014, 02:33 PM

Rockport Runs the Slot-T under head coach Jay Seibert. Seibert is from Coach Vances Coaching Tree. He played for Vance as a student and then coached for him in Jr High. This makes the match up more interesting. The Teacher taught the student all that the student knows but not all that the teacher knows.... LH by 20!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-23-2014, 02:50 PM
Rockport Runs the Slot-T under head coach Jay Seibert. Seibert is from Coach Vances Coaching Tree. He played for Vance as a student and then coached for him in Jr High. This makes the match up more interesting. The Teacher taught the student all that the student knows but not all that the teacher knows.... LH by 20!lol I was wondering when somebody would connect the dots. Rockport Fulton runs it well..

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 04:28 PM
Then forget the schemes....this game should come down to the execution of the players on the field. Sounds to me like LH executes the offense more effectively more often than does RF.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Hill big.

Seacarp12
11-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Was wondering during the 2nd half of the CL game why rockports QB wasn't getting the chance to run the read or keep the ball, just found out why though. I believe if he had the ball more the Canyon Lake game would be a lot more different looking. Except this guy to have the ball a lot this next game for big plays he's been doing it all year against teams that were " more dominate" as some put it. Also noticed liberty hill squeaked by CL. Apparently shows on film to from what I hear.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2014, 05:32 PM
Was wondering during the 2nd half of the CL game why rockports QB wasn't getting the chance to run the read or keep the ball, just found out why though. I believe if he had the ball more the Canyon Lake game would be a lot more different looking. Except this guy to have the ball a lot this next game for big plays he's been doing it all year against teams that were " more dominate" as some put it. Also noticed liberty hill squeaked by CL. Apparently shows on film to from what I hear.

Um, ok. I think I understand.

LHPfactory
11-23-2014, 06:08 PM

Yes, we did squeak by Canyon Lake, but that means nothing this week.... Rockport just Squeaked (and didnt get by) when they played Gonzales.... doesnt mean anything come Saturday.

garciap77
11-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Liberty Hill Rolls. Good luck to all the Purple People Eaters!:2thumbsup

panfan
11-24-2014, 08:31 AM

What shows on film against CL is LH playing like crap, and still getting the win and same for Taylor. Its the playoffs, both teams know its do or die, so you can expect both teams to come out and give their very best game. Question remains, is the LH's best game good nuff to beat the Pirates? I think it is.

greendawg84
11-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Barney's roll one more time ! :kiss:

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 12:06 PM
Rockport Runs the Slot-T under head coach Jay Seibert. Seibert is from Coach Vances Coaching Tree. He played for Vance as a student and then coached for him in Jr High. This makes the match up more interesting. The Teacher taught the student all that the student knows but not all that the teacher knows.... LH by 20!

Seibert was my 7th and 8th grade coach. Awesome guy.

He's a Gregory Portland player from way back. Been around great football since he was little. Turned Troy around in 2011, I'm pretty sure.

Going to be more about Joe's than X's and O's.

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Liberty Hill Rolls. Good luck to all the Purple People Eaters!:2thumbsup

Get out of here and go to your own thread! :redxpoke:

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Just saw where Brenham is still in the 5A playoffs. LH beat them :evil:

Cam
11-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Looks like the folks at Dave Campbells are tryin' to ruffle some LH feathers!

From DC:

Team To Watch:

Rockport-Fulton. We haven’t talked much about the Pirates this season, but it’s time to start paying attention. Rockport-Fulton advanced to the regional semifinals after knocking off Zapata in bi-district and taking care of business this week against Canyon Lake, 27-21. Rockport-Fulton is dominant on the ground out of the Slot-T with dual-threat quarterback Anthony Resendez and running back Austin Sengdara. If the defense can step up, Rockport-Fulton might be able to top Liberty Hill this week.

so, how is the Rockport defense doing anyways??.....

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2014, 02:33 PM

From DC:

Team To Watch:

Rockport-Fulton. We haven’t talked much about the Pirates this season, but it’s time to start paying attention. Rockport-Fulton advanced to the regional semifinals after knocking off Zapata in bi-district and taking care of business this week against Canyon Lake, 27-21. Rockport-Fulton is dominant on the ground out of the Slot-T with dual-threat quarterback Anthony Resendez and running back Austin Sengdara. If the defense can step up, Rockport-Fulton might be able to top Liberty Hill this week.

so, how is the Rockport defense doing anyways??.....pass defense is the weak spot but that shouldn't be a problem in this game. they defend the run a lot better and played couple of 5a slot T teams early in the season in Tuloso Midway and Alice. RF qb has some speed 4.5 and I his 3rd season as qb.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Seibert was my 7th and 8th grade coach. Awesome guy.

He's a Gregory Portland player from way back. Been around great football since he was little. Turned Troy around in 2011, I'm pretty sure.

Going to be more about Joe's than X's and O's.I think he was a qb when he played for GP. Might of been under slot T coach Bruce Bush.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-24-2014, 02:41 PM
I think he was a qb when he played for GP. Might of been under slot T coach Bruce Bush.

Yep, definitely sounds like he played for Bruce Bush's Slot-T

Man I want to go to this game! I haven't seen a Slot-T vs. Slot-T game in years. For the old school football purists like myself, this game is like Heaven on Earth.

And yes, I'm also a Slot-T guy. Just sucks I'm not coaching like I wanted to.

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 02:42 PM
I think he was a qb when he played for GP. Might of been under slot T coach Bruce Bush.

Yes sir. Almost positive that is correct. Jay's worked under THE two Slot-T guys in the state of Texas, pretty neat.

LHPfactory
11-24-2014, 07:02 PM
Yep, definitely sounds like he played for Bruce Bush's Slot-T

Man I want to go to this game! I haven't seen a Slot-T vs. Slot-T game in years. For the old school football purists like myself, this game is like Heaven on Earth.

And yes, I'm also a Slot-T guy. Just sucks I'm not coaching like I wanted to.

I first saw this offense in action in 2004 when I moved to LH.... I became intigued with it and fell in love with the offense. This is not something you can buy a book for and start running like the Wing-T, its a Unique Texas version of the Wing-T that has roots from Chesty Walker, Burce Bush, Jerry Vance (The Slot-T Godfathers).

Many of the coaches and assistant coaches running it played for some of these guys at Gregory Portland, San Marcos, and Liberty Hill.

I have been running it in the LH Youth League for 3 years now, we are going Spartan and raising the warriors up from a young age in the Hill.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-24-2014, 09:17 PM
I first saw this offense in action in 2004 when I moved to LH.... I became intigued with it and fell in love with the offense. This is not something you can buy a book for and start running like the Wing-T, its a Unique Texas version of the Wing-T that has roots from Chesty Walker, Burce Bush, Jerry Vance (The Slot-T Godfathers).

Many of the coaches and assistant coaches running it played for some of these guys at Gregory Portland, San Marcos, and Liberty Hill.

I have been running it in the LH Youth League for 3 years now, we are going Spartan and raising the warriors up from a young age in the Hill.

You're forgetting Charlie Williams. I believe that's who Bruce Bush learned the Slot-T from if I recall my Slot-T family tree correctly.

garciap77
11-24-2014, 10:12 PM
Get out of here and go to your own thread! :redxpoke:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DaddyD11GrahamFan.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DaddyD11GrahamFan.jpg.html)

Super_R
11-25-2014, 08:35 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DaddyD11GrahamFan.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DaddyD11GrahamFan.jpg.html)

I miss Daddy D 11.

I remember the day he wore that hoodie

Come on with the come on!!!

LH wins in the battle of the better slot T

panfan
11-25-2014, 08:51 AM

From DC:

Team To Watch:

so, how is the Rockport defense doing anyways??.....

Or is Cam trying to ruffle some fur? Don't matter. If LH puts up the kind of numbers it has the last several weeks, we'll be fine. Defense has allowed a few big plays, but so far those haven't hurt us because we have put more points on the board early. While RF is a run first team, I do expect to see a lot more passing out of them then they might normally do. I believe we will contain the run fairly well. They will ahve some success driving the ball, but in the red zone we have been particularly stingy. Still watching film on them. But I think we'll have a game plan to deal with them pesky pirates.

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Alright Seacarp, I'm calling you out. Where's the numbers? None on Maxpreps, looked through the Rockport rag and nothing there that I could find. Numbers give us numbers.

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:24 AM

Is Daddy D's head really that big? Dang......

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Biggest Surprise upset thread..... Pirate4state Said:

La Vernia losing
Rockport winning :1omg!: Guess there aint no love lost between these two pirate ships.

panfan
11-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Been thinking about this a bit. From the few numbers I can find, the PF/PA ratio falls in RF favor. However, It certainly has to do with who you have played. I tried to find the strength of schedule thread for a couple week back and couldn't. But I know we had a tough one, and I'm not sure what RF faced in terms of their strength of schedule, but I'm suspecting it wasn't close. Sure they had a few tough games, and I'm not taking anything away from them winning a big proportion of those, but when the dust settles (or the little black beads) on Saturday, LH is moving on, and RF is gonna set the sails on their pirate ship back home to play round ball on Monday.

Last week yet again, we had a high number of players sick. Seems like some would get well and few days later other would get it. But reports this week are that most are finally getting over the bug.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2014, 10:31 AM
I miss Daddy D 11.

I remember the day he wore that hoodie

Come on with the come on!!!

LH wins in the battle of the better slot T

Garcia, Super: I just laughed out loud in class. People looked at me and everything. That is an awesome picture.

Speaking of class....today is my last day of law school........ever. I am EXCITED.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Been thinking about this a bit. From the few numbers I can find, the PF/PA ratio falls in RF favor. However, It certainly has to do with who you have played. I tried to find the strength of schedule thread for a couple week back and couldn't. But I know we had a tough one, and I'm not sure what RF faced in terms of their strength of schedule, but I'm suspecting it wasn't close. Sure they had a few tough games, and I'm not taking anything away from them winning a big proportion of those, but when the dust settles (or the little black beads) on Saturday, LH is moving on, and RF is gonna set the sails on their pirate ship back home to play round ball on Monday.

Last week yet again, we had a high number of players sick. Seems like some would get well and few days later other would get it. But reports this week are that most are finally getting over the bug.All 5 teams were playoff teams that Rockport Fulton face before district. Sinton is the only one still in playoffs from those 5. One of the scrimmages was against Gregory Portland and they dominated that scrimmage, Gregory Portland also still in the playoff in 5a.

Daddy D 11
11-25-2014, 10:49 AM
All 5 teams were playoff teams that Rockport Fulton face before district. Sinton is the only one still in playoffs from those 5. One of the scrimmages was against Gregory Portland and they dominated that scrimmage, Gregory Portland also still in the playoff in 5a.

Yep. More I think about it, more I get nervous that RF is gonna give us a tough, tough game.

panfan
11-25-2014, 11:11 AM
All 5 teams were playoff teams that Rockport Fulton face before district. Sinton is the only one still in playoffs from those 5. One of the scrimmages was against Gregory Portland and they dominated that scrimmage, Gregory Portland also still in the playoff in 5a.

We are there as well. All five pre season teams we played made the playoffs. AW and La Grange still going. Brenham still going. Of those, we lost to AW in a one possession game and got our butts kicked by the Leps. We beat Brenham. We scrimmaged S'Ville early on.

So strength of schedule - LH has an edge here in my book. None of that will matter though as both teams are meeting this coming Saturday to decide who moves on. RF will give us a game, and we will give them one as well. Alamo stadium if fixing to be the house of pain. Somebody's going home a winner, somebody's going home the victor. My $$$$ is on LH.
GO PANTHERS!!!

Inmateboss
11-25-2014, 11:25 AM

I remember buying him that hoodie for Christmas, and he still can't have a Red Rider BB gun!!! He'll shoot Garcias lens out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Daddy D 11
11-25-2014, 01:07 PM
I remember buying him that hoodie for Christmas, and he still can't have a Red Rider BB gun!!! He'll shoot Garcias lens out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

Can't believe Garcia still had that photo! The internet keeps everything haha

panfan
11-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Crickets from the RF side...... Come on, ya'll are in the playoffs dag namit.

Cam
11-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Crickets from the RF side...... Come on, ya'll are in the playoffs dag namit.

....they're gonna sneak up on ya panfan!!.....

Gontex
11-25-2014, 08:13 PM

Last week yet again, we had a high number of players sick. Seems like some would get well and few days later other would get it. But reports this week are that most are finally getting over the bug.

Apaches beat the Pirates pretty handily very early in district play. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates pull off the upset (they are the last team standing in our district), I just don't see them winning this ball game. It would be a huge upset.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Apaches beat the Pirates pretty handily very early in district play. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates pull off the upset (they are the last team standing in our district), I just don't see them winning this ball game. It would be a huge upset.Rockport beat Sinton, Ingleside beat Rockport and Sinton beat Ingleside handily and Siinton beat the team that dominated Gonzales. Rockport also beat Orange Grove, it was OG only loss til Wimberley beat them this past week.

Forget who beat who, both teams are playing good and team that better executes will win this game. Liberty Hill is the favorites no doubt though.

panfan
11-25-2014, 11:25 PM
....they're gonna sneak up on ya panfan!!.....

Nope I got cat like reflexes. Least I used to...:rolleyes:

panfan
11-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Forget who beat who, both teams are playing good and team that better executes will win this game.

:iagree:

Daddy D 11
11-25-2014, 11:37 PM
Apaches beat the Pirates pretty handily very early in district play. While I wouldn't mind seeing the Pirates pull off the upset (they are the last team standing in our district), I just don't see them winning this ball game. It would be a huge upset.

Sounds like you were iimpressed with LH's Slot T?

panfan
11-26-2014, 12:26 PM
So has Rockport had any following at all on here this season? or are they on some south texas board?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-26-2014, 12:33 PM
So has Rockport had any following at all on here this season? or are they on some south texas board?one or two tops and rarely post. No other place really other than maybe twitter or facebook.

panfan
11-26-2014, 12:51 PM
one or two tops and rarely post. No other place really other than maybe twitter or facebook.

:dispntd::dispntd::dispntd::dispntd: Guess I'll have to talk to the other Pirate team about this Pirate team. So tell me SFIA, what are your impressions of RF pirates. Ya'll played them, right?

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2014, 06:59 PM
Is Daddy D's head really that big? Dang......
Actually the red hoodie makes it look small. :D

LH Panther Mom
11-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Speaking of class....today is my last day of law school........ever. I am EXCITED.
:clap: :clap: Yay for you! When do you take all the bar tests & stuff?

garciap77
11-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Garcia, Super: I just laughed out loud in class. People looked at me and everything. That is an awesome picture.

Congrats!!! Just don't sue me! You ROCK!!

See Link below:

http://www.jibjab.com/view/9nLmAomQAvD8aLZD

panfan
11-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Actually the red hoodie makes it look small. :D
I was wondering if it was due to all that edumicatin he was gettin.

panfan
11-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Pirates should enjoy their bounty today, cause come Saturday we're sending them to the brigg. :doh::D

LHdog
11-29-2014, 10:09 AM
Is the game being broadcast on radio or Kmac sports?

solocam
11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Kmac should be carrying it

region4fan
11-29-2014, 01:32 PM
I'll have to tune in

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:16 PM
TD RF on 4th and 2!!!!

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:16 PM
151 left in 1st QTR. RF 7 LB 0

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Just like that LH scores on a quick TD. RF 7 LH 7

Seacarp12
11-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Wish I was there this is going to be an entertaining game for sure

Seacarp12
11-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Just saw LH answered right back quick 7-7

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:32 PM
LH went for it on 4th and 2 and they scored a TD. LH 14 RF 7

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:44 PM
LH kicks a FG with 117 left till half. LH 17 RF 7

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 02:54 PM
Half: LH 17 RF 7

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 03:21 PM
RF scores to open up the second half. LH 17 RF 14

Seacarp12
11-29-2014, 03:23 PM
A lot of Resendez (QB) action it seems. He's the key

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Wow RF goes for it on 4th and some change and gets a TD. RF 21 LH 17.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 03:51 PM
Wow... what a goaline stand by RF. LH turnover on downs. RF just needs to get a first down.

Seacarp12
11-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Rockports Defense has been playing big time the past few games!

Seacarp12
11-29-2014, 04:01 PM
Yeah rockports DBs prove yet again they can't cover anything.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 04:02 PM
Yeah rockports DBs prove yet again they can't cover anything.

That was tough. Wow. I can't believe that they wouldn't have gone to some type of prevent.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 04:10 PM
LH scores 2 TD's in less than 2 mins and ices this game.

99IHSMustang
11-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Great season RF. You guy's have a lot to be proud of.

LHdog
11-29-2014, 06:00 PM
Can someone fill in the last 2 mins. of the the game for me. The last I heard was that the Pirates had the ball with a first and ten at their 15 yd. line leading 21-17 with 2 min. remaining. What happened?

SintonFan_inAustin
11-29-2014, 07:02 PM
Can someone fill in the last 2 mins. of the the game for me. The last I heard was that the Pirates had the ball with a first and ten at their 15 yd. line leading 21-17 with 2 min. remaining. What happened?
Kmacsports.com fast forward to last 50 seconds. Its worth hearing again

Cam
11-29-2014, 08:13 PM
Kmacsports.com fast forward to last 50 seconds. Its worth hearing again

......that's great!....I think he might have crapped his pants and herniated a disc!!!!.....:spitlol:

LHPfactory
11-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Rockport-Fulton's kids played hard and took it to the wire, I would say they are an up and coming program. Great Season Pirates, these games are harder to take than a run-away loss.

panfan
11-29-2014, 09:32 PM
Rockport played tough through the entire game. Solid ball club.

Gontex
11-30-2014, 12:22 AM

Liberty Hill hit a hail Mary with 38 seconds left to play to go back ahead 24-21. Following kickoff, Liberty Hill recovered a fumble by the qb as he tried to scramble and make a play and took it in for the score to go up 31-21. I didn't have a dog in this fight and just watched for the enjoyment of watching good Texas high school football. Looked to me like RF took the fight to LH in the second half and then LH hit the hail mary which probably could have just as easily been intercepted as completed. Ball hung up for a long time. Pirates made themselves proud. Nothing to hang your head about. Takes a little luck to win these kinds of games and LH had just enough.