PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale (12-0) vs Argyle (12-0)

texas_wildcat
11-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Can someone put who played who scores and stats

garciap77
11-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Argyle

toddg
11-22-2014, 09:55 AM
in most cases Todds have to back each others play..we're Todds..the few, the proud....but i have to go with our District champs in this one..GO KENNEDALE WILDCATS!!

Celina8
11-22-2014, 10:03 AM
Kennedale's running back vs Argyle's running back as both teams relied on these two individuals to carry the load. I have to go with Argyle just because they keep winning and are the defending State Champs.

toddg
11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
Kennedale's running back vs Argyle's running back as both teams relied on these two individuals to carry the load. I have to go with Argyle just because they keep winning and are the defending State Champs.

like i have stated on other threads..JW can turn a mouse hole into an 80 yarder..he jogs a 4.6 40!! but key on him too much..RH can burn you too..

Celina8
11-22-2014, 10:17 AM
like i have stated on other threads..JW can turn a mouse hole into an 80 yarder..he jogs a 4.6 40!! but key on him too much..RH can burn you too..

Oh no doubt about the ability of Kennedale's running back, but Argyle has played against a lot of great running backs so I think they will be ready.

Sville
11-22-2014, 11:05 AM
When, where, time?

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 11:11 AM
When, where, time?

Friday 6pm in Mesquite at Hanby Stadium

Aguilafanatico
11-22-2014, 11:15 AM
Ralston, Rodgers, Estrada, Markwardt, Ledford, McCook, Chalk.......... I see your two and raise you 5.

bleedgreen
11-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Argyle hasn't lost since November 30, 2012. Oops, I just jinxed it.

Aguilafanatico
11-22-2014, 11:24 AM

Did you make it to the game last night? You mentioned a cold.

Aguilafanatico
11-22-2014, 11:27 AM

That makes zero sense. A ton of good venues between Argyle and Kennedale and Mesquite is not one of them.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 11:33 AM
Wylie-Graham is at Birdville ISD, so I guess that means they are leaving the western half of the DFW area for some Region 1 playoffs. Since Argyle and Kennedale are in Region II, they will play in a Region II venue. That's my best guess of what happened.

bleedgreen
11-22-2014, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't make it to the game as bad as I wanted to go. I can't imagine how nuts it was on the Kennedale side as the Wildcats drove down the field with about 2 minutes left. I should be able to shake this cold and go to Mesquite.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Now that Kennedale has just experienced a close encounter, that should ensure that the Wildcats will approach this game with all the tenacity that can be possibly mustered by the coaching staff and players in preparation for this big game(as if the game itself wasn't big enough already, lol). Argyle better wake up and smell the coffee, because Kennedale already has. They will come to this game with a resolve they didn't even know they had inside of them. But they discovered it last night, and now they know they have it. Coming from behind in the latter minutes of a playoff game to win in the final seconds is a big boost for the morale of any contender. Just about all of Argyle's wins this season have come as a result of leading late in the game.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Can someone put who played who scores and stats

We'll wait to post the stats of both teams and their respective opponents/results after they have been tabulated from last night's games.

texas_wildcat
11-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Thank you

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 12:18 PM
To beat Argyle you have to stop Ralston...forget the rest, he is the heart of the Eagles and you have to stop the heart to stop the blood flow. And you CANT give him short fields to work with or he will NEVER tire.....put them deep or he will punish the wildcats

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 12:34 PM
To beat Argyle you have to stop Ralston...forget the rest, he is the heart of the Eagles and you have to stop the heart to stop the blood flow. And you CANT give him short fields to work with or he will NEVER tire.....put them deep or he will punish the wildcats

Kaufman tried that last night and that's how Ralston had 305 yds on 15 carries

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Kaufman tried that last night and that's how Ralston had 305 yds on 15 carries

Yep, and scored 5 TD's in only a little over 3 min. into the 3rd qtr. Then he sat the rest of the game. In fact, I believe he had only one carry in the 2nd half and that was that first possession where he broke one for 62 yds. for the score, right? Then he sat.

Celina8
11-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Argyle just does not have many weaknesses. They have a big strong offensive line that controlls game clock with just long sustained drives that seem to always end with TD being scored. Their defense is very quick and any little criss that seems to be their is quickly closed. Ralston is just a work horse or elephant that is strong , quick, and just administers punishment to the defense on every carry. He does not tire, but just gets stronger and better as the game progresses. For this old man the player he reminds me of is Larry Czonka back in the day when Miami Dolphines went undefeated.

garageoffice
11-22-2014, 01:24 PM

Are you sure about that Eagle Nation? We were told 7:30pm.

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Are you sure about that Eagle Nation? We were told 7:30pm.

We heard 6 pm from the school district. I would rather it be 7:30

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 05:34 PM
Yep, and scored 5 TD's in only a little over 3 min. into the 3rd qtr. Then he sat the rest of the game. In fact, I believe he had only one carry in the 2nd half and that was that first possession where he broke one for 62 yds. for the score, right? Then he sat.

And without NR youre not position to let your RB sit in the 3rd. Whether ya like it or wanna believe it, Argyles 2015 wont be near their 2013 or 2014.

briandumith*
11-22-2014, 05:37 PM
This is gonna be a good game..Good luck to both teams..lord keep them safe and healthy...

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 05:44 PM
This is gonna be a good game..Good luck to both teams..lord keep them safe and healthy...

:iagree:

83Indian
11-22-2014, 06:34 PM
Argyle wins by two or three tds. I just don't see the kennedale defense stopping Argyle. I would love to see the Wildcats pull off the upset but close games with Alvarado and Athens in the last minute lead me to believe Argyle is the clear favorite.

Deuce
11-22-2014, 06:44 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if Argyle wins by 21!

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 06:49 PM
And without NR youre not position to let your RB sit in the 3rd. Whether ya like it or wanna believe it, Argyles 2015 wont be near their 2013 or 2014.

I believe Coach Rodgers and his Staff have proven to be highly qualified in their field of endeavor. I also know for a fact that the philosophy at Argyle is to cross one bridge at a time. It's the Coaching Staff's job to worry about what happens in the future for Argyle, not the fans or the players.

firstdown
11-22-2014, 08:04 PM
Blah blah blah. That's the same junk we heard last year about Sadler and here we are again.

bleedgreen
11-22-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't remember what game it was but Washington took the opening kickoff at the 1 yard line and ran it back for a touchdown. I looked at the clock and it read 11:48. That's haulin' buttocks with all that football gear on.

Aguilafanatico
11-22-2014, 08:55 PM

Only losers talk about next year. We have a big game ahead of us on Friday, that's it. Last I heard NR is playing for Argyle Friday night.

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 09:02 PM
Would love it to be a game because I love an underdog...... But after 4 years I know what the Argylians bring to the table......that's tough to beat. Besides that I'm hoping for an Argyle/Navasota final. That would be awesome. Good luck Kennedale!!

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 09:11 PM
Oh it'll be a rockem sockem game alright....no worries mate. Kennedale is not 12-0 because they are lucky, lol. They are the real deal, for sure. It will take a complete effort by the Argyle Eagles in this one to come away with a big "W". And that's exactly what most fans on both sides of the stadium will be watching....a slobberknocker in the trenches.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 09:17 PM
In fact, I'm gonna git in my truck and come to Mesquite for this one. :cool:

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 09:22 PM
In fact, I'm gonna git in my truck and come to Mesquite for this one. :cool:

BTW, that's a 2 1/2 hr. drive one way if I make good time. The day after Turkey Day, when there's some football on the tube. Now that's sacrificing.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 10:22 PM
So what's the gig here anyways? Does this game not rate a poll? I mean....geez golly. You have two undefeated teams here in Region 2 D-1 that are rated in the Top 5 all season and no poll???? What does it take to earn the right for a poll on this site? I would think this game would be of a fairly large scale interest to the viewers to rate a poll, wouldn't you?

Aguilafanatico
11-22-2014, 10:26 PM
So what's the gig here anyways? Does this game not rate a poll? I mean....geez golly. You have two undefeated teams here in Region 2 D-1 that are rated in the Top 5 all season and no poll???? What does it take to earn the right for a poll on this site? I would think this game would be of a fairly large scale interest to the viewers to rate a poll, wouldn't you?

Sound like you are ready for this one Regal. Fear not, so are your Eagles.

garageoffice
11-22-2014, 10:29 PM
BTW, that's a 2 1/2 hr. drive one way if I make good time. The day after Turkey Day, when there's some football on the tube. Now that's sacrificing.
Just make sure you arrive at the right time. I just got an email from KHS that the game is at 7:30 but it sounds like some Argyle folks were told 6:00.

football8
11-22-2014, 10:37 PM

No, it doesn't deserve a poll. Argyle rolls. Kennedale so one dimensional, easily defeated by real contenders and Argyle is a real contender.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 10:41 PM
No, it doesn't deserve a poll. Argyle rolls. Kennedale so one dimensional, easily defeated by real contenders and Argyle is a real contender.

You left out one little detail....they're damn good one-dimensional. Otherwise somebody would have already beat them.

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Only losers talk about next year. We have a big game ahead of us on Friday, that's it. Last I heard NR is playing for Argyle Friday night. fantico shut ya pie hole, I.dont think anyone suggested he was playing anywhere else bright one....you better beat the wildcats and keep rolling because you know it and so does everyone else, your chance to repeat is on Ralston. Without him the eagles are not even close to what they are now. Yep it was said when sadler left argyle wouldnt be as good and theyre not and now the second half of the double threat is finishing up and you metrofolks can say whatever you want, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER RALSTON WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR!! So, if you gonna win another and go back to back you better get it done now because id bet next year its round ball time for argyle about the second round.

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 10:56 PM
But id be shocked if ARDENLEWSMOUNDGYLE wasnt already scouting the metro some talent to get settled in .

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 10:57 PM
fantico shut ya pie hole, I.dont think anyone suggested he was playing anywhere else bright one....you better beat the wildcats and keep rolling because you know it and so does everyone else, your chance to repeat is on Ralston. Without him the eagles are not even close to what they are now. Yep it was said when sadler left argyle wouldnt be as good and theyre not and now the second half of the double threat is finishing up and you metrofolks can say whatever you want, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER RALSTON WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR!! So, if you gonna win another and go back to back you better get it done now because id bet next year its round ball time for argyle about the second round.

bearbear78....you know that's very possible for just about any team in the playoffs this year or any year. What Argyle HAS proven in the past is they are a contender in just about every UIL event.....something that evidently hasn't registered with you yet.

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 11:09 PM
bearbear78....you know that's very possible for just about any team in the playoffs this year or any year. What Argyle HAS proven in the past is they are a contender in just about every UIL event.....something that evidently hasn't registered with you yet.

As they should Regal...no reason they shouldnt...need a point guard ? Head to denton and get one. Need a linebacker? Head to Dallas and get one. Need a tuba player? Head to lewisville and get one. You get the picture....and then thump your chest because your teams can beat true small town (not metro suburb towns) that produce homegrown talent and work hard to get where they wanna be, because going out and recruiting isnt an option. Cry piss and moan city boys I dont care, bear can handle you lashing out with anger at the truth....I hope the cats spank dat arse good.

bearbear78
11-22-2014, 11:13 PM
FYI...I like the boys on the Eagles roster and have seen solid talent and great talent like NR....its you argyle fans that try and sugarcoat what it.really is that I laugh at.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 01:14 AM
fantico shut ya pie hole, I.dont think anyone suggested he was playing anywhere else bright one....you better beat the wildcats and keep rolling because you know it and so does everyone else, your chance to repeat is on Ralston. Without him the eagles are not even close to what they are now. Yep it was said when sadler left argyle wouldnt be as good and theyre not and now the second half of the double threat is finishing up and you metrofolks can say whatever you want, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANOTHER RALSTON WAITING FOR NEXT YEAR!! So, if you gonna win another and go back to back you better get it done now because id bet next year its round ball time for argyle about the second round.

Argyle vs Graham last 2 years
Argyle 73 Graham 41. Argyle 2-0.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 01:17 AM

No sugar, no coat. Is what it is.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 01:46 AM

Damn near 1-1 after game two but you boys pulled it off....without the workhorse your team is wrecked . Dont have to admit you know it, but you do know it.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 01:49 AM
As they should Regal...no reason they shouldnt...need a point guard ? Head to denton and get one. Need a linebacker? Head to Dallas and get one. Need a tuba player? Head to lewisville and get one. You get the picture....and then thump your chest because your teams can beat true small town (not metro suburb towns) that produce homegrown talent and work hard to get where they wanna be, because going out and recruiting isnt an option. Cry piss and moan city boys I dont care, bear can handle you lashing out with anger at the truth....I hope the cats spank dat arse good.

Where did your QB play football last season? Honestly?

slingshot
11-23-2014, 01:50 AM
Damn near 1-1 after game two but you boys pulled it off....without the workhorse your team is wrecked . Dont have to admit you know it, but you do know it.Not sure what your point is--they DO have the workhorse?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 01:51 AM
Damn near 1-1 after game two but you boys pulled it off....without the workhorse your team is wrecked . Dont have to admit you know it, but you do know it.

Of course itll depend on your recruiting. Argyle is pretty solid in that department

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 01:55 AM
Goodnight.....fanatico you really should be watching game film from around the north metro...you guys need to be working on replacing that horse. Eat sleep recruit, repeat.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:01 AM
Goodnight.....fanatico you really should be watching game film from around the north metro...you guys need to be working on replacing that horse. Eat sleep recruit, repeat.

Where did your QB play football last season?? Does he play the tuba?

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Not sure what your point is--they DO have the workhorse?

I don't get it.....

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 02:08 AM
Where did your QB play football last season?? Does he play the tuba?
One guess...it wasnt denton plano dallas lewisville flowermound or even the area. Id love to know truly how many Argyle athletes have resided in any of these districts...lol im sure it would be interesting. Far more than grahams LT from big springtown tx.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 02:10 AM
And thats what makes Graham excellent...we keep competing with the programs like this with our local boys that grow up here and.we shouldnt have a chance.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:10 AM
One guess...it wasnt denton plano dallas lewisville flowermound or even the area. Id love to know truly how many Argyle athletes have resided in any of these districts...lol im sure it would be interesting. Far more than grahams LT from big springtown tx.

Where did your QB play football last year??? Easy question.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Where did your QB play football last year??? Easy question.

Also, who are you wondering about? I will tell you.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Already answered that genius and they were a powerhouse let me tell ya. LoL

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 02:23 AM
Also, who are you wondering about? I will tell you.uh huh

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:26 AM
Already answered that genius and they were a powerhouse let me tell ya. LoL

QB home grown from Graham?? What's the enrollment at GMS? Just curious.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 02:27 AM
uh huh

What does that mean? Ask me.....

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 05:40 AM
This is a great time of the year in the football season, and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to be posting negatives and lies concerning the hardworking athletes over at Argyle and their coaching staff. The inuendos and suggestions made were clearly a slanderous verbal attack against these same individuals and I personally will call it what it is for all to see. Your attempts to denigrate others on this site have only resulted in self-denigration that your peers can plainly see. I think you may have let your emotions for the Steers overtake your better judgement in your postings on this site. I hope this post will bring an end to any other such slanderous posts against any other individuals. There is simply no place for that on this site.

bleedgreen
11-23-2014, 06:50 AM
I've noticed a pattern building with Kennedale: came from behind late in game against Alvarado, came from behind late in game against Athens, Now Kennedale is playing another town called Argyle. All these cities start with the letter "A". Hmmmmm.

The Herd
11-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Bear bear, let me respond to your points one at a time:
1. Life without Ralston would crush Argyle's chances. Show me a team in the world who could lose their best player and not be severely affected by it
2. Argyle imports players as needed. I believe there is 1 offensive lineman, 1 defensive lineman and 1 secondary player that did not play here in at least junior high. The OL came here in 10th, the other 2 in 9th. The rest are home grown boys including Ralston and Sadler.
3. Argyle is a product of suburbia. If that is all it takes, why aren't the other 4A suburbians as successful? There are dozens of teams that live in the same "dream world" as Argyle, but not nearly as successful.
You are very proud of your team, and rightfully so. But when you spout off the above excuses, it sounds like jealousy.

ccmom
11-23-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm sure the poster who started this thread either forgot to include a poll or didn't know how to do it. If you pm a mod, they will add a poll.

texas_wildcat
11-23-2014, 01:12 PM
i just was not thinking, lol
here is the poll

texas_wildcat
11-23-2014, 01:14 PM
so does anyone have who who has played and stats yet

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 02:04 PM
so does anyone have who who has played and stats yet

It'll take me awhile, but I will put something together here.

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 02:45 PM
Ok, let's get the opponents of both teams up there first. Here's a look at who each team played and the final scores of those games:

ARGYLE EAGLES(12-0)
8/29 Abilene Wylie 34-28
9/05 Denison 42-35
9/12 Celina 41-29
9/19 Graham 35-27
9/26 Paris 38-14
10/9 Ranchview 72-42
10/17 Willmer Hutchins 65-7
10/24 Dallas Carter 56-14
10/31 Dallas Pinkston 65-14
11/07 Sanger 44-7
11/14 Lake Worth 70-7
11/21 Kaufman 49-13

PF=611 PA=237 Avg/game=50.9-19.75

KENNEDALE WILDCATS(12-0)
8/29 Crowley 56-20
9/05 Gainesville 14-7
9/12 FW Dunbar 76-7
9/19 Kaufman 56-13
9/26 Dallas Carter 70-21
10/10 Springtown 58-10
10/17 Lake Worth 71-0
10/24 FW Castleberry 57-0
10/31 Alvarado 30-27
11/08 FW Diamond Hill-Jarvis 63-0
11/14 Wilmer Hutchins 62-20
11/21 Athens 30-26

PF=643 PA=151 Avg/Game=53.58-12.6

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Just looking at the above records/opponents/points for and against....this game appears to be a literal TOSS-UP!!!

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 02:53 PM
By analysis, I'd say Kennedale has a pretty darn good defense.....something we aren't hearing much about. Everybody talks about Juwan Washington, but obviously there is much, much more to the Wildcats this season than just a star running back. And somebody's got to be paving the way for Washington to get all those yards to begin with, esp. with a "one-dimensional" offense, LOL.

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 03:01 PM
Looks like Kennedale is averaging 416 yds. rushing while putting up 33 yds passing/game. On the other hand, Argyle averages 226 yds. rushing and 186 passing/game. Simple differences in the offensive schemes run by each team. Both teams are very effective at what they do offensively.

ronwx5x
11-23-2014, 03:03 PM
[QUOTE=regaleagle;1844442Just about all of Argyle's wins this season have come as a result of leading late in the game.[/QUOTE]

Even as late as the final buzzer?

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Nope....you're right, haha. I forgot about the Denison game in Jerryworld. We hit that TD pass late in the game to beat Denison. That one was headed to overtime before Argyle scored in the final minute. The game was tied at the time, if I remember correctly.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 03:57 PM
This thread is really funny. People use to get mad and say teams like Celina and Abilene Wylie recruited because of their success now it's Argyle's turn I guess to get that badge. How quickly people forget the success of small town Gilmer, small town Carthage, small town Daingerfield, small town Stephenville, small town Brownwood. None of those teams have a metroplex surrounding them, but they have done pretty dang good for themselves.

Point is bear bear your point is not a good one. Go Eagles

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 04:47 PM
This thread is really funny. People use to get mad and say teams like Celina and Abilene Wylie recruited because of their success now it's Argyle's turn I guess to get that badge. How quickly people forget the success of small town Gilmer, small town Carthage, small town Daingerfield, small town Stephenville, small town Brownwood. None of those teams have a metroplex surrounding them, but they have done pretty dang good for themselves.

:ditto:

garageoffice
11-23-2014, 05:31 PM
BTW...Finally got an email today that the game IS going to be at 6:00pm. Wonder if it was an Argyle request or a venue issue? Doesn't matter, really. I expect a really good game.

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 05:38 PM
BTW...Finally got an email today that the game IS going to be at 6:00pm. Wonder if it was an Argyle request or a venue issue? Doesn't matter, really. I expect a really good game.

Good to know since I'll be traveling a bit of distance for the game. I guess I need to take into account Friday traffic, even though it will be the day after T-Giving.....Black Friday and all the shoppers, lol. Probably better with a 6 pm start on that day, anyway. That means the game will be over earlier and my trip back won't be so late. OR....I could just make other plans in celebration after the game, haha. YEP.....that would definitely be a better way to go. Sure hope the Eagles win.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 05:48 PM

Yeah, argyle doesnt pick up any metro athletes, whatever!!! Enrollment at two schools is damn near equal to the town population! Feed that crap to someone else...im not having it. And my point is how do you expect an argyle or wylie to not be that good with those resources... they should easily win at everything.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah, argyle doesnt pick up any metro athletes, whatever!!! Enrollment at two schools is damn near equal to the town population! Feed that crap to someone else...im not having it. And my point is how do you expect an argyle or wylie to not be that good with those resources... they should easily win at everything.

:sleeping::sleeping:

orange machine
11-23-2014, 06:05 PM

Ok so explain the success of these other schools including yours that are consistently making deep runs in the playoffs that are not surrounded by a huge population?

orange machine
11-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Also try to explain why teams such as Anna, Lake Worth, Aubrey and other around the metroplex struggle every single year? By what you are saying they should be rolling teams over, but these team are lucky to win 2 or 3 games a year and are getting beat by 3A schools.

slingshot
11-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Yeah, argyle doesnt pick up any metro athletes, whatever!!! Enrollment at two schools is damn near equal to the town population! Feed that crap to someone else...im not having it. And my point is how do you expect an argyle or wylie to not be that good with those resources... they should easily win at everything.Now you're going to try to bring Wylie into your conspiracy theory, mass cheating, recruiting bull____? Dude--you are delusional. We have a few move ins on our team--exactly one (backup WR) from AISD. Our kids are homegrown, work their butts off and are just as honest as yours. If you think Coach Sandifer recruits (cheats) why don't you just go up to him and ask him? Would love to see that one...

orange machine
11-23-2014, 06:40 PM
Fact is good coaches don't need to recruit they know how to coach up the players. I really can't believe we are discussing this recruiting stuff and accusations being thrown out as facts. Welcome to liberal America folks. Obviously liberals are infiltrating are small towns in Texas now!

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 06:41 PM
I think what OM means is that it may actually be easier to establish and develop a successful football program in a small town than it would be in or near a large city due to a number of circumstances. One being that there are many other distractions and other activities for the kids to take part in around a metro area than in a more rural setting. Another is that the atmosphere and support systems for a community may be more difficult to develop in or around a metro area than a smaller town. The people generally do not feel as included as they would in a small town setting. They may not know very many of their children's parents until their children start competing in school functions. That's just the opposite of a small town atmosphere....I know because I grew up in a more rural and smaller town that Graham(Goliad). We all played with each other from grade school all the way thru high school, and nowadays the communities have even greater resources to draw from than back 40 yrs ago. The coaching staffs are much better and larger today than ever before, and there is much to be offered by a small community as far as quality of life for good coaches to consider. Argyle is rather the exception than the status quo regarding surburban "small" classification schools with a winning tradition in a metro setting. Usually these "smaller" schools get overrun and are forced to move-up in classification fairly quickly. Hence they have trouble competing at the next level(Lovejoy, Prosper, Justin NW, Little Elm, McKinney schools, etc.). Don't expect Argyle to "jump" classifications any time in the near future. It should be a while for this school district to move up to the 5A enrollment size. Right now the enrollment stands at just 698. It would have to nearly double to move up to 5A numbers. Class 4A will be stuck with Argyle for a good number of years to come, imo. AISD is a landlocked school district with certain building restrictions in place by the City to keep Argyle's area "rural" and appealing.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 06:41 PM
Now you're going to try to bring Wylie into your conspiracy theory, mass cheating, recruiting bull____? Dude--you are delusional. We have a few move ins on our team--exactly one (backup WR) from AISD. Our kids are homegrown, work their butts off and are just as honest as yours. If you think Coach Sandifer recruits (cheats) why don't you just go up to him and ask him? Would love to see that one...
Quit your crying. I didnt say wylie recruited. I said how can they not be good? With the location and athlete pool theres no reason they wouldnt be stout.

garciap77
11-23-2014, 06:42 PM

:evillol:

orange machine
11-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Bear what got you so fired up on Argyle?

slingshot
11-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Bear what got you so fired up on Argyle?Because Graham can't beat them?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 06:50 PM
Because Graham can't beat them?

Your boys beat Graham in the last two meetings?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 06:59 PM
Ill hop on later and explain that in detail. Oh and Argyle doesnt compare to Celina, Dfield, ville, or the wood dynasty eras.

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 07:02 PM
Ill hop on later and explain that in detail. Oh and Argyle doesnt compare to Celina, Dfield, ville, or the wood dynasty eras.

Cannot compare....only been in existence less than 15 yrs. But for the last 10 seasons, it's right at the top of all schools in winning percentage....what else could anyone ask for?

firstdown
11-23-2014, 07:11 PM
Niether does Graham and ya'll have been at it longer.

Aguilafanatico
11-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Bear what got you so fired up on Argyle?

Who cares?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Regal if the illegals from mexico start settling in youll be 5a sooner than you think !!

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 07:16 PM
Regal if the illegals from mexico start settling in youll be 5a sooner than you think !!
Think ill start a roofing company in Argyle

orange machine
11-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Think ill start a roofing company in Argyle

Hey if you can't beat them join them right???:smoker:

slingshot
11-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Your boys beat Graham in the last two meetings?Didn't say we did. Just pointed out that you guys can't seem to beat Argyle. But while we're on the subject, how do ya'll stack up across the board? Men's basketball? Women's basketball? Volleyball? Tennis? Track? Ya'll are even with us I believe in football overall... EVERYTHING else, miles behind. Congrats.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Didn't say we did. Just pointed out that you guys can't seem to beat Argyle. But while we're on the subject, how do ya'll stack up across the board? Men's basketball? Women's basketball? Volleyball? Tennis? Track? Ya'll are even with us I believe in football overall... EVERYTHING else, miles behind. Congrats.
We do alright for less than 10,000 and one school.....whats wylies numbers?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 07:46 PM
OM its not that im down on them...hell they just play who theyre told to play...the system is bs.

orange machine
11-23-2014, 07:50 PM
OM its not that im down on them...hell they just play who theyre told to play...the system is bs.

please explain the system your speaking of. By the way I'm not trying to argue, but this is pretty interesting stuff.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 08:02 PM
It needs explaining? I dont think so. Theres no reason for teams like abilene wylie and argyle to name a couple , not to be able to stack and reload year after year. Where the hell is graham going to reload from? Yet we still show up and give em hell and thats what the metro folks cant stand

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 08:04 PM
And I agree fully that the coaching is a huge role, but we would all have a genius for a coach if they were that easy to pay for.

ccmom
11-23-2014, 08:06 PM
It needs explaining? I dont think so. Theres no reason for teams like abilene wylie and argyle to name a couple , not to be able to stack and reload year after year. Where the hell is graham going to reload from? Yet we still show up and give em hell and thats what the metro folks cant stand

I really don't follow. Do you think WISD has all of the city of Abilene to draw from?

orange machine
11-23-2014, 08:07 PM

I don't get your argument then. You say we're does Graham reload from, but yet yall are in the thick of the race every year. It seems like your argument is counter productive here. Gilmer reloads every year, Stephenville reloads every year. I'm just not seeing your argument here and I'm really trying.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 08:13 PM
I really don't follow. Do you think WISD has all of the city of Abilene to draw from?
None of your kids are from abilene?

orange machine
11-23-2014, 08:14 PM
You know come to think of it there are a ton of teams that are power programs year after year that don't have big cities around them. Cisco, Newton, Mart, Burnet, Monahans, Boyd.

ccmom
11-23-2014, 08:19 PM
None of your kids are from abilene?

Are you answering my question with a question? ;). I'm not trying to fight here, dude. I'm trying to understand where you are coming from.

Students in WISD must live within the boundaries to enroll. It's a closed district. The opposite is not true...AISD will accept students who do not live within their boundaries. As far WISD being "from Abilene"...sure, some (a lot) live within the city limits...my kids included. But they also do not live in AISD boundaries. The city of Abilene and AISD are totally different things.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Are you answering my question with a question? ;). I'm not trying to fight here, dude. I'm trying to understand where you are coming from.

Students in WISD must live within the boundaries to enroll. It's a closed district. The opposite is not true...AISD will accept students who do not live within their boundaries. As far WISD being "from Abilene"...sure, some (a lot) live within the city limits...my kids included. But they also do not live in AISD boundaries. The city of Abilene and AISD are totally different things.yeah I know how that works ccmom, I used to live in dfw and it wasnt hard at all to make sure my kiddo went to the school I wanted him in. Of course they didn object to having a linebacker move in knowing he wasnt living where his paperwork said he was. It wasnt for athletic reasons but based more on the crime rate in our district. So yeah I know how easy it is and.many do it for athletic gain. FYI he made starting linebacker but we chose to sit it out and wait until we moved back home. Didnt feel right in any jersey but a graham jersey.

BwdLion73
11-23-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm conflicted...is this not strange or what?

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm conflicted...is this not strange or what?its been roundball for the loins since week 1 of the POs...so yeah id expect anything related to a grahamite would conflict you.

BwdLion73
11-23-2014, 08:49 PM
its been roundball for the loins since week 1 of the POs...so yeah id expect anything related to a grahamite would conflict you.

Yeah that damn Wylie and Argyle stole our best players. What is a grahamite?

ccmom
11-23-2014, 08:50 PM
yeah I know how that works ccmom, I used to live in dfw and it wasnt hard at all to make sure my kiddo went to the school I wanted him in. Of course they didn object to having a linebacker move in knowing he wasnt living where his paperwork said he was. It wasnt for athletic reasons but based more on the crime rate in our district. So yeah I know how easy it is and.many do it for athletic gain. FYI he made starting linebacker but we chose to sit it out and wait until we moved back home. Didnt feel right in any jersey but a graham jersey.

Year after year our teams are made up mostly of kids who started kindergarten together at WISD...just like GISD. If they are falsifying their residency I guess we are really good at it. :rolling eyes:
Regardless, with all of Graham's success in football, I just don't see your beef. We have a great rivalry with y'all and y'all have beaten Wylie the last two meetings and several other times over the years. Graham also gave Argyle a run for their money earlier this year. Just be proud y'all are able to keep up with all the lying, cheating SOBs...at least in football. :rollingeyes:

Good luck to Graham Friday. It's always a great game between these two schools. Your son is a beast...on that I think we can agree.

Argyle/Kennedale...you can have your thread back. ;)

ccmom
11-23-2014, 08:55 PM
Year after year our teams are made up mostly of kids who started kindergarten together at WISD...just like GISD. If they are falsifying their residency I guess we are really good at it. :rolling eyes:
Regardless, with all of Graham's success in football, I just don't see your beef. We have a great rivalry with y'all and y'all have beaten Wylie the last two meetings and several other times over the years. Graham also gave Argyle a run for their money earlier this year. Just be proud y'all are able to keep up with all the lying, cheating SOBs...at least in football. :rollingeyes:

Good luck to Graham Friday. It's always a great game between these two schools. Your son is a beast...on that I think we can agree.

My rolling eyes aren't working?? Omg!!! Now THAT'S a problem!!

garageoffice
11-23-2014, 09:00 PM

LOL...it's all good. All the Argyle and Kennedale folks are just looking forward to some good football. The distractions...aka ranting and raving...are quite entertaining, though. :clap: :clap:

BwdLion73
11-23-2014, 09:01 PM
My rolling eyes aren't working?? Omg!!! Now THAT'S a problem!!

Your defenseless...:):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

regaleagle
11-23-2014, 09:13 PM
So after looking at the season stats of both teams, does everybody still think Argyle is a prohibitive favorite??? Usually "prohibitive favorite" means at least 2 td's.

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Hey I like the bulldogs and if we arent in it im pulling for them. Im simply saying their resource pool is deeper than ours and if thats not true I dont see how. If that wads your undies then your wound a bit tight. The dogs are the biggest most imposing team ive seen all year and I think theyre totally improved bada$$es. Imo argyle would get donkey stomped in a rematch with them and think graham would win in a close one against argyle if we meet again. Friday graham vs AW is going to be one hell of a slobber knocker. Thanks for the props on my boy. Yall have a fleet of mack trucks over there in wylie

bearbear78
11-23-2014, 09:15 PM
Back to wildcats vs eagles.....wildcats pull off the win.

Deuce
11-23-2014, 09:54 PM
So after looking at the season stats of both teams, does everybody still think Argyle is a prohibitive favorite??? Usually "prohibitive favorite" means at least 2 td's.

I thing Argyle wins by 21. This game won't be close after the half. As far as all the other BS on this thread, I couldn't care less.

garageoffice
11-23-2014, 10:02 PM
Just one comment on the talent pool issue and I'll stay out of it after that. I can't speak to the other schools, but I I'm extremely proud of the fact that Kennedale is one of those schools that is having success across the board. You can argue about why we haven't gone deeper in the football playoffs over the past several years...whether it's the wing T, coaching, personnel...but I'll give you another reason.

We have some incredible athletes...that don't even play football. We have big, strong, fast kids playing basketball...state semi-finals last spring and a championship a few years back...baseball...a recent state championship...we even have some pure track athletes...state championship and perennial sprint and relay power. Add in what the girls are doing along with the band and Kennedale is almost always in the running for the UIL Lone Star Cup...not a winner...yet...but in the top four 3 times in the last 4 years.

Kennedale is also a land-locked district, but not many move in specifically for the schools...or sports. Most in this area are looking to move to Mansfield or Midlothian or even certain parts of Arlington...not Kennedale.

catgut
11-24-2014, 07:00 AM
I've never saw Kennedale but I have watched Argyle play our team for the past few years. Very impressive with their running back and OL. They are lucky to be in an area where they can get move ins. I don't think we've had anyone move into our district in several years. I'm picking Argyle and hoping we beat LE so we can get a rematch. Not that I think we could win, but feel we've improved a lot since we played the first time.

Tom Foolery
11-24-2014, 09:50 AM
If Bear Bear lived in the Metroplex and then moved to Graham, does that not make him a move in?

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2014, 10:27 AM
If Bear Bear lived in the Metroplex and then moved to Graham, does that not make him a move in?

:thinking::thinking:
I wouldn't try to use reason when discussing this topic on the downlow. It's confusing enough already. The best I can tell is that Graham move-ins aren't considered move-ins because they generally come from more than 2 counties over? Also, once they get there they are immediately considered "home-grown" (a little known rule found in the archives of UIL statutes) so the move-in term simply does not apply to Graham. A move in must come from a county you are touching or, in the case of multiple in-county schools, another school within the county.....unless the Graham "home grown" statute applies.
It's very confusing, only Bearbear can explain it.:confused:

jason
11-24-2014, 10:28 AM
For some reason I think Argyle runs away with this. Argyle by 28+...

defense51
11-24-2014, 12:00 PM
If the Kennedale D-line can keep their composure in this game, I see this being a 1 td toss up...

rb585
11-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Argyle by 20+.

Kennedale played a garbage schedule. Their district was weak and they played teams like Dallas Carter, Gainesville, and Dunbar outside. Athens is by far the best team they've played and they nearly lost. Meanwhile, Argyle prepped on Graham, Celina, Wylie, and Paris.

bearbear78
11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
My sons never played anywhere but graham and was born in graham. We lived in DFW for a short time due to some o&g business and decided to play football and later chose to wait.until returning to graham. You metro slickers can sit and cry piss and moan and scream lies all you want. Its bs , ive seen exactly how success is achieved in that area. We didnt live in the district where the more successful sports program was but that didnt have any bearing. Address on paper was not where we lived. Been there and seen it....pretend all you want slickers. It is what it is

firstdown
11-24-2014, 01:58 PM
My sons never played anywhere but graham and was born in graham. We lived in DFW for a short time due to some o&g business and decided to play football and later chose to wait.until returning to graham. You metro slickers can sit and cry piss and moan and scream lies all you want. Its bs , ive seen exactly how success is achieved in that area. We didnt live in the district where the more successful sports program was but that didnt have any bearing. Address on paper was not where we lived. Been there and seen it....pretend all you want slickers. It is what it is

The only person pissing and moaning is the one that you see in the mirror every day. Give it a rest, it's starting to sound like sour grapes on your part. We have a good program and our kids work as hard as yours do. Maybe next year, given the opportunity to play, you guys might win. I promise we won't complain about your unfair advantages. We won't make excuses. What we will do is shake your hand tell you good game and start preparing for our next game. Good luck to Graham this week I think you're gonna need it.

slingshot
11-24-2014, 02:04 PM
The only person pissing and moaning is the one that you see in the mirror every day. Give it a rest, it's starting to sound like sour grapes on your part. We have a good program and our kids work as hard as yours do. Maybe next year, given the opportunity to play, you guys might win. I promise we won't complain about your unfair advantages. We won't make excuses. What we will do is shake your hand tell you good game and start preparing for our next game. Good luck to Graham this week I think you're gonna need it.Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

RPF2666
11-24-2014, 03:26 PM
I am pretty much convinced that whenever you all sort it out in D1R1, Argyle will be there waiting on you!

slingshot
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
I am pretty much convinced that whenever you all sort it out in D1R1, Argyle will be there waiting on you! No doubt...

RPF2666
11-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Be a great chance for Wylie or Graham (to try again) to show Argyle how a 'clean' program can overcome all the unfair practices
of those 'townies'!:rolleyes:

RPF2666
11-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Until proven otherwise, Argyle is the team to beat as the remaining, defending Champ!

They have a developed a program to contend with... and if people want to move to the district
to get their kids into that winning program... to the victor go the spoils!

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 03:45 PM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=231

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 04:10 PM
#20 RB Juwan Washington(5-7, 171), Sr. 243 carries in 11 games for 2379 yds = 9.8 average
#26 RB Ronald Hayes(5-9, 175), Sr. 150 carries in 12 games for 1148 yds = 7.7 average
#5 QB Jake Michener(6-2, 170), Sr. 70 carries in 12 games for 617 yds = 8.8 average; 17/41 passing for 403 yds = 33.6/game
#4 FB Cody Gillespie(5-11, 180), So. 49 carries in 12 games for 504 yds = 10.3 average

These are the stats of the starting backfield for the Wildcats. It appears that Washington gets almost half the carries per/game over the season. Whether that happens Friday night or not is still to be determined.

bearbear78
11-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Aint any pissin and moanin on my end..like I said., it is what it is and when the truth "typed" out loud you lil crybabies get slapped in the mouth with it and it bunches you lil panties up. We continue to compete and be a thorn, no pissin and moanin to be done there.

toddg
11-24-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=231easy drive for K-TOWN folks,,great venue for sure!

Bullaholic
11-24-2014, 04:43 PM
I don't know if Argyle is the best team in 4A or not, but I still believe they are one of the hardest to beat teams in Texas---they just ooze confidence and deliver week after week. I think they do it again this Friday by 10-14--and I don't dislike or not respect Kennedale-- they always have some great athletes and tough kids who will pound the other teams for 4 quarters.

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 04:51 PM
My personal opinion, having seen the development of the school and its programs since inception, is that Argyle has great teachers and coaches that get the most out of the students. They know how to communicate effectively and instill confidence in the students to develop a deep desire to succeed. That understanding and desire translates to commitment, and commitment to success for the individual and the organization as a whole. This is what Argyle is very good at, and it starts at the grade school level. Community and parental support is very high at Argyle, so that makes all the difference, also.

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 05:03 PM
To follow up....obviously the students that attend Argyle schools are NOT the most talented in the area or their classification, but they continue to succeed in just about every UIL sanctioned competition. They may not win every competition, but they are very competitive with the top-level schools each and every year in most activities. So Argyle is NOT going outside and "recruiting" band members, athletes, and "brainy" geekers, lol. They are developing what is already there from an early age. Congrats!!!

waterboy
11-24-2014, 05:39 PM

:D I doubt that! Argyle does what Argyle does, regardless of what you post!

Argyle wins this one.

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey, there's 1350 chairback seats on the home side of Hanby. Who's gonna be the home team in this one, anyways? And I wonder if noisemaker gizmos are allowed..... And what about a gameday tailgate in the parking lot....I reckon that should be allowed.

garageoffice
11-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Hey, there's 1350 chairback seats on the home side of Hanby. Who's gonna be the home team in this one, anyways? And I wonder if noisemaker gizmos are allowed..... And what about a gameday tailgate in the parking lot....I reckon that should be allowed.

My guess is that Argyle will be the home team...at least based on the bracket organization.

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2014, 08:12 PM
Aint any pissin and moanin on my end..like I said., it is what it is and when the truth "typed" out loud you lil crybabies get slapped in the mouth with it and it bunches you lil panties up. We continue to compete and be a thorn, no pissin and moanin to be done there.

Graham's opponent this week is Wylie but you haven't posted once on that thread.... Plenty on the Argyle vs Kennedale thread trough. Says volumes.

slingshot
11-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Be a great chance for Wylie or Graham (to try again) to show Argyle how a 'clean' program can overcome all the unfair practices
of those 'townies'!:rolleyes:Leave us out of that bellyaching... we have absolutely nothing but respect and admiration for Argyle and their program. Top to bottom probably the only one in the state in 4A that tops ours. We know how hard it is to excel in multiple sports/disciplines... not just one or two like many others do.

regaleagle
11-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Not much has changed in Region 2 for Argyle this season, really. This is the round we typically meet Gilmer(usually highly ranked) in the playoffs, but now we get another highly ranked team in this round in Kennedale. So it doesn't really matter what division or region you may have been "moved" to.....in Round 3 of the playoffs chances are your team is playing another very good team. It's elimination time for some very good teams this week.....I hope it's not Argyle, LOL. Kennedale is a very worthy opponent for the Eagles this week. The winner will most likely(but not necessarily) capture the Region 2 D-I trophy. But first things first.....one week at a time.

bearbear78
11-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Graham's opponent this week is Wylie but you haven't posted once on that thread.... Plenty on the Argyle vs Kennedale thread trough. Says volumes.
Itll need to get shaken up a bit before worthy of my opinion....we going to need a winch to un wad your panties since I dared to not submit to argyle? Lmao

ccmom
11-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Itll need to get shaken up a bit before worthy of my opinion....we going to need a winch to un wad your panties since I dared to not submit to argyle? Lmao

You sure do mention panties and undies a lot. I'm not judging...to each his own. ;) :taunt:

bearbear78
11-25-2014, 12:47 AM
Maybe because they sure do get bunched up a lot on the txdl forum :)

defense51
11-25-2014, 01:53 AM
You sure do mention panties and undies a lot. I'm not judging...to each his own. ;) :taunt:

There should always be panties and undies mentioned at some point in every thread! :clap:

Celina8
11-25-2014, 06:04 AM
I think Argyle takes this by two TD's or more as they seem to be clicking in all areas of the game. My thoughts are that Argyle will score on most of its possessions controlling the clock with long sustained drives and eating up yards with 4 to 6 yards gain at a time when they run the ball. It will be Argyle's defense though that actually shines Friday night as Kennedale will be surprised at the Eagles quickness and size. They will be able to contain the running game Kennedale brings much better than any team Kennedale has played this year. It always seems to be the same story with any game Argyle playes. When they have the ball they just drive it down your throat eating up yards in chunks. They usually score then kick to the other team which for the most part will go 3 and out sometimes they will get a few first downs then punt. Argyle takes possession and proceeds to drive down that field again eating up time and yards they score and before you know it you are behind 14-0 in the first quarter. Second quarter your down 21-0 and your whole game plan has changed and your just hoping to get to the half before they have another possession. I have read this story several times and every now and then they play a Gilmer, Carthage, or AW who matches them play for play, but even then Argyle seems to find a way to win it seems. I think Argyle wins this one 38-14.

regaleagle
11-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Wow....the Argyle coaches would just love for this game to go exactly as you have described Celina8. And in past games what you have so vividly described actually took place. However, I think it would be the better part of discretion for the Eagles and their fans to look upon this game for what it really is.....an opportunity to keep playing if and only if the team wins, if only by one point. The object is to respect the abilities of your opponent to the point that NOTHING is taken for granted and a full and complete team effort will be required of each player individually to achieve a victory. Any viewpoint otherwise would be foolhardy and unwise. Kennedale is not undefeated by chance.....they come to the battle in full gear....ready to rumble and give their best effort of the season to win this game. On their side of the fence they have never defeated Argyle, never been in this kind of position before, and never had a rb as talented as Juwan Washington. They see this as THE game....not just a playoff game. A Kennedale win here would mean so much to the Wildcats and their supporters it's almost beyond words to describe, as far as they are concerned. You can bet your boots the Kennedale Wildcats will be prepared to throw the gauntlet down on the turf at Hanby Stadium come Friday night and play with a determination that transcends being the underdog. Let this warning to the Eagles not go unnoticed that a big fight is coming your way to take away something you have worked hard for up to this point. I only hope you will answer this challenge with all the poise and determination of a true defending champion. If you do that then you will win this game and advance to the regional final. It won't be easy.....because anything worthwhile never is and Kennedale will not allow it. You'll have to play tough, physical football and impose your will to come out on top. That's just the way it is.

regaleagle
11-25-2014, 10:30 AM
http://www.adjustedstats.com/ratings-stats/tools/txhsfmatchup.php

regaleagle
11-25-2014, 10:36 AM
That one didn't turn out.....try this one:

www.adjustedstats.com

Celina8
11-25-2014, 11:18 AM
I understand you are trying to have a respectful and cautious attitude in regards to Kennedale, but I just think Argyle is so much better than any team they have played. That is just my opinion.

garageoffice
11-25-2014, 02:54 PM
I understand you are trying to have a respectful and cautious attitude in regards to Kennedale, but I just think Argyle is so much better than any team they have played. That is just my opinion.

Well...I don't like your opinion. :weeping: :D

Seriously, though, I'm just hoping it's a good game. Argyle has an incredible program and is always a very disciplined team. Kennedale just hasn't turned that corner yet. If they play like they did last week...unforced turnovers and defensive penalties on 4th down to extend drives...Argyle will kill them. If they play a clean game I think it could be a close one.

defense51
11-26-2014, 12:01 PM
Does anyone know who the home team is in this game?

Eagle Nation
11-26-2014, 12:13 PM
Argyle is the home team

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 04:11 AM
T minus 17 hrs and counting for many kickoffs later this Friday of Round 3. Congrats to all the teams that have extended their season to this Thanksgiving weekend. For those faithful fans of both Argyle and Kennedale, I pray you give the utmost respect to the players and coaches of each team tonite on the field of battle. Root for your team with the greatest of vigor, realizing all the hard work, sacrifice, pain, and dedication that has carried them to this game. This is more than a game tonite between Kennedale and Argyle.....it is a celebration of high achievement on the Gridiron of Glory for all to witness. Think on what started as being conceived, then believed, and now finally achieved by these players and coaches. It will stand as a personal testament in their minds and hearts for the rest of their lives...regardless of the final score. The outcome will be a positive one....and all those on each sideline will be the benefactors. I pray that any injuries which may occur will be minor, and that all who attend will find their way safely back home. Texas High School football is more than a game, and that's what makes it so great. And that's why we support it. GO EAGLES!!!

texas_wildcat
11-28-2014, 04:20 PM
Let's go Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bleedgreen
11-28-2014, 05:21 PM
The thing about Argyle is they are a target all teams are shooting for because they are the reigning state champs.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 06:57 PM
Good luck wildcats! Anything can happen

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:16 PM
Kennedale up 13 to 3 in the first qtr.

Washington 2 carries over 100 yards rushing

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:20 PM
13 to 10 Kennedale

6:27 1st qtr

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Kennedale 20
Argyle 10

2:19 first qtr

Washington close to 200 yards rushing with two tds

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Turnover on kick off

Kennedale converts 4th down and then scores

Kennedale 27
Argyle 10

:27 seconds 1st qtr

Celina8
11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Wow, Kennedale I apologize as I severly underestimated how good the Wildcats really are and they have a huge offensive line it sounds like. Argyle behind 27 to 10 end of 1st quarter.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 07:38 PM
Wow! This is going to kill my brackets.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:41 PM
Argyle scores with 11:17 left ind 2nd qtr

Kennedale 27
Argyle 17

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Argyle makes big 4th down stop

Argyle ball on own 22

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Argyle 3 and out

Kennedale ball on own 36

Celina8
11-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Kennedale is just moving the ball in huge chunks it sounds like.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 07:53 PM
6:09 2nd qtr

Kennedale converts 4th and 1

Ball on own 48

BwdLions
11-28-2014, 07:57 PM
Sounds like a very good game. Thanks for the updates.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:01 PM
4th and 1 on the 1

Washington stuffed. Argyle ball on own 1

Around 2 minutes left in 2nd qtr

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:06 PM
Kennedale intercepts but gets called for interference. Ball on 48

Less than a minute

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:10 PM
Kennedale intercepts to stop an argyle scoring chance

Kennedale 27
Argyle 17

Half

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Argyle starts on own 26 to start the 3rd qtr

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:38 PM
Ralston goes the distance but called back due to a holding penalty. Ball on Kennedale 32

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:42 PM
Argyle scores

Kennedale 27
Argyle 24

8:19 3rd qtr

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Washington returns kick inside argyle 20 yard line

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:48 PM
Kennedale scores

Kennedale 34
Argyle 24

6:25 3rd

Argyle mental mistake kicking the ball to Washington

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:50 PM
Argyle starts on own 30

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 08:51 PM
Kennedale scores

Kennedale 34
Argyle 24

6:25 3rd

Argyle mental mistake kicking the ball to WashingtonDangit

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:55 PM
Argyle scores with 3:34 left in 3rd qtr

Kennedale 34
Argyle 31

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:57 PM
Kennedale starts on own 35

83Indian
11-28-2014, 08:59 PM
Michener takes qb keeper all the way on first play of drive

Kennedale 41
Argyle 31

Around 3 minutes left in 3rd qtr

I honestly did not see this coming

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:01 PM
Argyle driving on Kennedale 47

BwdLions
11-28-2014, 09:03 PM
I wish I could have gone to this game. Two great teams.

Sville
11-28-2014, 09:04 PM
I have been crowing about Juwan Washington for 3 years now, ever since I saw him play as a sophomore. That kid is a special talent that has a good football team around him this year.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:05 PM
Argyle on Kennedale 5

1st and goal

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:07 PM
Ralston scores for argyle

Kennedale 41
Argyle 38

:31 seconds left in 3rd

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:09 PM
Kennedale starts on own 35

End of third qtr

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:11 PM
Kennedale 4th and 1 on own 45

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Kennedale picks up first down but gets penalized for illegal formation.

Kennedale try's fake punt but gets stopped way short

Argyle ball on Kennedale 37

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Argyle first down on Kennedale 21

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Argyle down to Kennedale 13

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Argyle first down on Kennedale 5

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Argyle 3rd down on 1 yard line

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:19 PM
Argyle scores

Argyle 45
Kennedale 41

8:18 left in 4th

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:20 PM
Kennedale starts on own 25

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Argyle scores

Argyle 45
Kennedale 41

8:18 left in 4th

Awesome!

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Kennedale first down on 35

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:22 PM
Kennedale first down on argyle 49

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:23 PM
Kennedale first down on 34

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Is anyone lining up defensively for either team? LOL

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Kennedale first down on the 12

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Kennedale scores

Kennedale 48
Argyle 45

5:00 left in 4th

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Last team with the ball wins I guess

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Ralston takes it to the house 57 yards.

Argyle 52
Kennedale 48

3:59 left in 4th

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:31 PM
Kennedale starts on own 20

Celina8
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Wow, this game is crazy and Kennedale , I am just really impressed with your team . I thought Argyle would dominate this game, but I just did not understand how good the Wildcats are.

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Kennedale ball on 40

3 and 5

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Kennedale first down on 49

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Kennedale 4th and 8 on argyle 49

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:37 PM
Washington throws back to Michener for first down.

Ball on argyle 36

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:38 PM
2nd and 4 ball on 31

Less than a minute left

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:39 PM
3rd and 2 on argyle 29

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:41 PM
1st down on 26

Pass incomplete on 1 yard line

19 seconds left

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:41 PM
Ball on 22

12 seconds left

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Ball on 22

4th down 6 seconds left

83Indian
11-28-2014, 09:46 PM
Pass incomplete

Argyle 52
Kennedale 48

Final

Fantastic game

Celina8
11-28-2014, 09:47 PM
What happen update just kinda left hanging with 6 sec left in the game.

Roughneck93
Great game, thanks for the updates.

bobcat1
I listened to the end! What a nail biter. Heartbreaker for Kennedale. Way to come back Argyle!

bleedgreen
11-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Kennedale had many chances but just couldn't cash it in.

Celina8
11-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Never mind I see the update now. Wow , great game congratulations to both teams, Argyle for fighting back after being down early in the ball game . The winning streak continues.

Eagle Nation
11-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Great game by both teams. Over 1100 yds of offense

texas_wildcat
11-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Let me tell y'all best game I have seen Kennedale play but just fell short

garageoffice
11-28-2014, 11:29 PM
Great football game, Kennedale! Just one play away...you had opportunities. This has been a great season.

This was a great game to watch. It was anybody's game...right down to the end.

Congratulations, Argyle. Now, go win state again.

From the score, you'd think there was no defense in this game but that's just not the way it was. There were some great defensive plays, but WOW...talk about a couple of offenses!

toddg
11-29-2014, 12:11 AM
Great season wildcats!! You went down swingin'!!!!

hollywood
11-29-2014, 02:08 AM
Great football game, Kennedale! Just one play away...you had opportunities. This has been a great season.

This was a great game to watch. It was anybody's game...right down to the end.

Congratulations, Argyle. Now, go win state again.

From the score, you'd think there was no defense in this game but that's just not the way it was. There were some great defensive plays, but WOW...talk about a couple of offenses!

Congrats to Argyle on the win and to Kennedale on a great season!

Now folks can relate a little more of what Stephenville, Graham, Wylie and Big Spring have been battling over in Reg 1. Great offenses going at each other week in and week out.

JacketSwarm
11-29-2014, 02:11 AM
Congrats to Argyle on the win and to Kennedale on a great season!

Now folks can relate a little more of what Stephenville, Graham, Wylie and Big Spring have been battling over in Reg 1. Great offenses going at each other week in and week out.

r2 cannot match r1. its no contest.

Fire Away!

Celina8
11-29-2014, 09:21 AM
Congratulations to Argyle as you were hit in the mouth and knocked down at the start of the game, but you got back up and did what needed to be done. That says a lot about your team and even much more about the Coaches as they did not panic. With that said now I turn my comments to the Kennedale folks who might still be reading this thread. I jumped on here last week and said that Argyle would win this game 38-14 as they would dominate both sides of the ball... Well, I have eaten a lot of Turkey this week so now I will follow up with a big serving of Crow , please fry mine as I want it to be really crispy. Kennedale you were much more than the team I was expecting, and from listening to the play by play on the message board and Argyle announcers you are everybit a Champion. Congratulations on an outstanding year!

Bullaholic
11-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Congratulations to Argyle as you were hit in the mouth and knocked down at the start of the game, but you got back up and did what needed to be done. That says a lot about your team and even much more about the Coaches as they did not panic. With that said now I turn my comments to the Kennedale folks who might still be reading this thread. I jumped on here last week and said that Argyle would win this game 38-14 as they would dominate both sides of the ball... Well, I have eaten a lot of Turkey this week so now I will follow up with a big serving of Crow , please fry mine as I want it to be really crispy. Kennedale you were much more than the team I was expecting, and from listening to the play by play on the message board and Argyle announcers you are everybit a Champion. Congratulations on an outstanding year!

Pretty well says it all. Wow, Kennedale---there is not a coach in Texas who would not like to have a team like yours. Congrats, for standing in with the reigning champs and going toe-to-toe after almost delivering a knockout in the opening round. Congrats to Argyle---I still believe you are one of, if not the, hardest to beat team in Texas, and you proved why again last night.

RPF2666
11-29-2014, 09:57 AM
r2 cannot match r1. its no contest.

Fire Away!

Except maybe for Argyle, who has already beaten 2 of your top 4 this year... maybe make it 3 out of 4 in a couple weeks!

Aguilafanatico
11-29-2014, 10:46 AM
What a game!! All I can say is much respect to Kennedale. What a team. JW is the best running back we have played in two years. He is incredible. It seemed like Argyle's D was riding a bucking bronco the entire game, just hanging on. Big props to Kennedale. Toughest team we have played since Fairfield. That said, I am really proud of our team. There is no quit in these champions. They just continued to battle and in the end, rode Ralston to the win. The D stepped up in the 2nd half and got some huge stops when they needed them......and they were exhausted. Say what you want about Argyle but they showed huge heart last night. Proud to be an Eagle....parent today.

bearbear78
11-29-2014, 10:54 AM
What a game!! All I can say is much respect to Kennedale. What a team. JW is the best running back we have played in two years. He is incredible. It seemed like Argyle's D was riding a bucking bronco the entire game, just hanging on. Big props to Kennedale. Toughest team we have played since Fairfield. That said, I am really proud of our team. There is no quit in these champions. They just continued to battle and in the end, rode Ralston to the win. The D stepped up in the 2nd half and got some huge stops when they needed them......and they were exhausted. Say what you want about Argyle but they showed huge heart last night. Proud to be an Eagle....parent today.

JW , now you know what its like to play against a Nick Ralston. Sounds like he was indeed much like Ralston.

regaleagle
11-29-2014, 11:21 AM
What can you say about the 2014 Kennedale Wildcats except WOW!!! They were loaded with the right stuff for a Wing-T team....you couldn't get better personnel. Coach Barrett has been running this offensive scheme at Kennedale for at least 11 straight seasons with a winning record of 96-34 overall and every single season well over .500 winning percentage. That's impressive for a coach of a Wing-T offense....so you can expect precision from a Wildcat offense. They had over 1500 lbs on their front O-line....a massive OLine for high school football. Their defense was loaded also and very fast. The 3-pronged backfield of Washington at rb, Hayes at fb, and Michener at qb was absolutely superb. Washington had the moves and 4.4 speed, Hayes had good speed and size you want in a fullback, and Michener was very athletic and a great decision maker. These 3 backs each rushed for over 100 yards last night and over 500 total in the game. Only 3 passes were thrown by the Wildcats....all in the last series with only seconds left. What an effort this team put forth in this game last night.....it was a thing of beauty to see. You just can't expect more out of an offense that runs the ball 100% of the time. Do you realize how difficult that is against a very good defense??? The 2014 Kennedale Wildcats set school records, and certainly were the best team Kennedale has fielded at least the past decade....maybe ever, I wouldn't know. The game was even closer than the final score, and either team could have advanced.....one play made or not made was the difference. The fans got their money's worth....it was truly a great Texas high school football game. It was a classic....very similar to last season's State Championship game when Argyle was trying to contain Larry Rose. A truly great offensive team almost always has more than one way to beat you, and Kennedale had that with this team. Congrats to the Kennedale Wildcats(12-1) on a great playoff game and a great season. And congrats to the Argyle Eagles for overcoming such a great offensive onslaught and finding the determination to make that final stop and win this great ballgame right at the end. What a game!!!

Eagle Nation
11-29-2014, 12:20 PM

:iagree: