PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Vs Sweetwater

Dominicfrank
11-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Should be one heck on a game. Two common opponents in Fort Stockton and Perryton. Vernon beat Perryton 62-32 and Sweetwater beat them 50-13. Vernon beat FS 43-18 and Sweetwater beat them 34-28. If all you did was base it on that you would give Vernon the edge but not by much.

As a Vernon fan I can tell you that Vernon is on a high right now, everything is clicking and we have 3 rushing threats that can go for 150 yards +. Love broke the Vernon single game record by rushing for 395 yards this season and we have had some of the most elite backs in the state.

As a Sweetwater fan I also know this team always brings it, my best friend was an all everything LB back in 95. The last time we played I believe Vernon won but cant recall the year.

Sweetwater fans, what the scoop on you impressive undefeated team ? Can they stop the run and can they pass the ball ? Those are the two things that would scare me the most.

Dominicfrank
11-22-2014, 02:20 AM
BTW- Who ever wins will be playing Celina because there is no way Iowa Park beats Celina. Venus and Greenwood must be pretty bad this year to get beat by Iowa Park like they did.

Celina8
11-22-2014, 08:28 AM
This looks to be a really good game. Any word on the location and date for this game. I know from just reading on the Downlow that Sweatwater has a New England like passing attack and that Vernon hits you with a very good running attack with backs that are very fast and can take it to the house. I am guessing they will play in Lubbock.

Celina8
11-22-2014, 10:08 AM
This looks to be a really good game. Any word on the location and date for this game. I know from just reading on the Downlow that Sweatwater has a New England like passing attack and that Vernon hits you with a very good running attack with backs that are very fast and can take it to the house. I am guessing they will play in Lubbock.

Typo as I meant to type Sweetwater.... no disrespect meant as I just caught this.

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2014, 12:24 PM
I still hate Vernon