PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer vs Gladewater

Pages : [1] 2

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 01:43 AM
All reports are Friday in Long view with a 6:30 kickoff. This one should be epic. 13 miles separate the towns. Both wear orange and black. I can't wait!!!

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 01:57 AM
I'll take the team wearing the Orange & Black. :smoker:

Aggie98
11-22-2014, 02:16 AM
I'm hitching my wagon to Gladewater this post-season for 2 reasons..

1. They most closely resemble the style of football I love....

2. They're fixing to break it off in Gilmer's sweet potato loving, D-1 recruiting, high octane offense, no defense playing, ever loving ass. There I said it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 02:18 AM

2. They're fixing to break it off in Gilmer's sweet potato loving, D-1 recruiting, high octane offense, no defense playing, ever loving ass. There I said it.

+1000. I agree with #2 100%. I'm on the GW bandwagon.

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 06:59 AM

OK den:D

Lion70
11-22-2014, 07:31 AM
OK den:D

Gilmer wins it's what they do. Besides Gilmer coach picked the officials and Gladewater picked the venue. Advantage Gilmer. Gilmer is no stranger at winning at lobo statium.

poisoned10
11-22-2014, 07:37 AM
Gilmer doesn't stand a chance against Da Bears. Gilmer's weak schedule finally catches up with them this week.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
11-22-2014, 07:51 AM

That would be Gladewater...we are visitors in our Whites...however, there is a wrinkle...the Bears have a set of blacks with black numbers...we asked that they not wear em but they say they are...UIL is to rule on it...starts the Game Drama with the Bears

buckeyebob
11-22-2014, 07:53 AM
Gilmer doesn't stand a chance against Da Bears. Gilmer's weak schedule finally catches up with them this week.

Did you see last night's game?

poisoned10
11-22-2014, 07:54 AM
Did you see last night's game?

Every second

bobcat1
11-22-2014, 08:42 AM

:lies:
OK den:DOh no he didn't! Tell me he did not just say that.

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 08:45 AM
Oh no he didn't! Tell me he did not just say that.

Pay no attention to them Bobblecat......they just BUTTHURT cause they watching from the house:D they don't bother me at all

HEMOTOXIC
11-22-2014, 08:47 AM
This is going to be an interesting week.

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 08:52 AM
This is going to be an interesting week.

Yep. But I'm out on all the accusations. Gladewater is good and I will give them their due.......but I do not think they are gonna beat us by any means.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2014, 09:07 AM
This game is to hard to call, Gladewater ground and pound versus Gilmer score in two plays. If the Bears can make some stops on fourth down (Gilmer never punts) they have a chance. If they have to score with Gilmer it will be ball game. These two teams are in my opinion the two best in 4A DII, it is a shame one has to go home this early in the playoffs. I will pick Gilmer only because they have been here so many times in the last ten years. God Bless both teams and pray no injuries. The winner needs to be healthy to win it all.

toddg
11-22-2014, 09:21 AM
ALI V. Foreman

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2014, 09:35 AM
Gilmer should be the favorite, they can score from anywhere on the field. If the Bears can stop Gilmer on fourth down (Gilmer never punts) and control the game with the ground and pound they can win. I think Gladewater will have to score every time they have the ball on long time consuming drives. Gilmer can not afford to get into a low scoring affair with the Bears. Going to be a great ball game between in my opinion the two best teams in 4A DII.

Aesculus gilmus
11-22-2014, 09:43 AM
ALI V. Foreman
It's also Big 12 versus SEC.

toddg
11-22-2014, 09:46 AM
ALI V. Foreman

It's also Big 12 versus SEC.

Rope A Dope!! Gilmer has done it many a time..

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 09:53 AM
GW is about to dominate Gilmer in the trenches like no other team has all season. Will it be enough, idk. We will see what brand of football is better. I say big, physical, imposing is better. I have seen it win more. People can think what they want to, but this team is just as physical as the Argyle, Kilgore, and Carthage's of the past. Those teams usually have the tools to beat Gilmer, and this one does to. The only difference is GW needs to believe they can beat Gilmer. I think this years team is different. So I'll take the more physical team with a future NFL player in the trenches. GW 34 Gilmer 30.

toddg
11-22-2014, 09:59 AM
GW is about to dominate Gilmer in the trenches like no other team has all season. Will it be enough, idk. We will see what brand of football is better. I say big, physical, imposing is better. I have seen it win more. People can think what they want to, but this team is just as physical as the Argyle, Kilgore, and Carthage's of the past. Those teams usually have the tools to beat Gilmer, and this one does to. The only difference is GW needs to believe they can beat Gilmer. Pin think this years team is different. So I'll take the more physical team with a future NFL player in the trenches. GW 34 Gilmer 30.

Gilmer OLine needs to learn the wall of unders in the tackle box

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Rope A Dope!! Gilmer has done it many a time..

Gilmer is one of those darling teams that has a lot of mystique. Actually they haven't done it many times. Not recently anyways. Those earlier 2000 teams that's were so good at Gilmer had D1 athletes in the trenches. The 2009 team had Stump Godfrey. Gilmer is awesome no doubt about it. I have a lot of respect for them playing at the level they do year in and year out with the enrollment numbers they have. We in Carthage know about constantly pushing weight, and being expected to win even if the schools have 2 to 3 times your enrollment. But if you go back to say 2010, and look at the teams that beat Gilmer. They have really struggled to beat teams made up exactly like GW. Anybody that knows the makeup of both teams would have to put GW as the favorite. Just my opinion.

poisoned10
11-22-2014, 10:43 AM
I know this is a new year, but . . .

2013: Gilmer - 52, Gladewater - 14
2012: Gilmer - 21, Gladewater - 13
2011: Gilmer - 55, Gladewater - 19
2010: Gilmer - 36, Gladewater - 35
2009: Gilmer - 67, Gladewater - 12
2008: Gilmer - 43, Gladewater - 8
2007: Gilmer - 53, Gladewater - 17
2006: Gilmer - 49, Gladewater - 21
2005: Gilmer - 48, Gladewater - 13
2004: Gilmer - 42, Gladewater - 0

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 10:56 AM

This is what I was talking about. Y'all have trained them to lose. These boys grew up getting there yearly beat down. They have the tools, I am sure about that, but do they have the mental game. I know Gilmer does. I will be there to find out. Hate that I won't see Carthage play, but I'll get to cheer for my new bandwagon team the Da Bears!!!

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 03:13 PM
This is what I was talking about. Y'all have trained them to lose. These boys grew up getting there yearly beat down. They have the tools, I am sure about that, but do they have the mental game. I know Gilmer does. I will be there to find out. Hate that I won't see Carthage play, but I'll get to cheer for my new bandwagon team the Da Bears!!!

Ha......it will be a one week love affair. Gladewater is narry one bit more physical than us. I've seen them play. They will have the one most physical player on the field but we may have the most dominating players on the field. We have neutralized Mack before......we can do it again.

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Ha......it will be a one week love affair. Gladewater is narry one bit more physical than us. I've seen them play. They will have the one most physical player on the field but we may have the most dominating players on the field. We have neutralized Mack before......we can do it again.

We will see what happens. I just have this lasting memory of y'all playing Kilgore last year. The recipe is there, and I think they have the tools. We will find out in 6 days. Y'all will not neutralize Mack. Y'all did it last year, but IMO this is a very different team. We actually did a pretty good job of neutralizing him, but that big DE cause a lot of trouble for us after paying such close attention to Mack. And our OL is prolly twice big as y'all's.

poisoned10
11-22-2014, 06:19 PM
We will see what happens. I just have this lasting memory of y'all playing Kilgore last year. The recipe is there, and I think they have the tools. We will find out in 6 days. Y'all will not neutralize Mack. Y'all did it last year, but IMO this is a very different team. We actually did a pretty good job of neutralizing him, but that big DE cause a lot of trouble for us after paying such close attention to Mack. And our OL is prolly twice big as y'all's.

Well if Carthage couldn't handle it then there's no way any other team could.

I can count on 1 hand how many times Mack got his hands on our ball carrier last year. It would only take 1 finger to count how many tackles he had. I also remember him saying that Gilmer wouldn't score 21 points on his defense and we had that by the end of the 1st quarter. I know, I know .... It's a new year.

I have no doubt that this Gladewater team is better than last year's. But this Gilmer team is much better as well. I'm not saying it won't be close, but I just don't see Gladewater winning. This game is hyped every year and every year we hear that this is the year they beat us. Every year they leave the stadium with 1 more loss than they had going into it. This year will be no different.

Daylan Mack doesn't scare Gilmer. Nor does anyone else on their team. Gilmer knows they are good. Gilmer knows what they have and what they can do and we will be more than prepared.

All that is left to say ... Is bring it on.

Dawgs
11-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Well if Carthage couldn't handle it then there's no way any other team could.

I can count on 1 hand how many times Mack got his hands on our ball carrier last year. It would only take 1 finger to count how many tackles he had. I also remember him saying that Gilmer wouldn't score 21 points on his defense and we had that by the end of the 1st quarter. I know, I know .... It's a new year.

I have no doubt that this Gladewater team is better than last year's. But this Gilmer team is much better as well. I'm not saying it won't be close, but I just don't see Gladewater winning. This game is hyped every year and every year we hear that this is the year they beat us. Every year they leave the stadium with 1 more loss than they had going into it. This year will be no different.

Daylan Mack doesn't scare Gilmer. Nor does anyone else on their team. Gilmer knows they are good. Gilmer knows what they have and what they can do and we will be more than prepared.

All that is left to say ... Is bring it on.

Not sure I understand the comment about Carthage. I simply stated that we did ok neutralizing Mack, and the DE caused a lot of trouble. That DE would be the best player on either of Gilmer's lines. This is the same ol' Gilmer, but not the same Gladewater. You say there is always a lot of hype, but in all my years following East Texas FB I never remember it...ever. Maybe between the 2 schools, but there has never been this much hype in the area over this game. GW is an afterthought every other year. You guys are all getting really touchy cause people are picking GW. You act like people are just picking blindly. All of us that follow ETX closely have seen both. What makes this Gilmer team better than last years team? What makes y'all anymore capable of stopping a power running team this year than last? No need to get defensive I'm just asking. I think the reason you guys are getting your panties in a wad is cause y'all know you are in trouble.

Before we go any further I'll beat you to it... Carthage was down this year, and Gilmer beat us like we stole something. Prolly could have been worse than it was. We were far from Gilmer's level this year.

poisoned10
11-22-2014, 08:29 PM
It's only this hyped because it's a playoff game. But being a rivalry game there is always some hype when it comes to Gilmer vs Gladewater.

Why is it if I speak my mind I'm being touchy and have my panties in a wad. But people from outside speak their mind and it's just their opinion? I'm usually more reserved with my posts but just felt like being more open this time around. Doesn't mean I'm worried or think we're in trouble.

You ask what makes this year's Gilmer tema better than last years? The offense is much more explosive. Prior to last nights game, 60% of our TD drives were 3 plays or less. There are 4 or 5 players that legitimately can score every time they touch the ball. Offensively, we don't turn the ball over often and execution and flawless more often than not.

Defensively, we're not built to stop the run, but we can slow it down. Kris Boyd and Blake Lynch are both shut down corners that don't give up big plays and are excellent on defending the pass. No offense to Kilgore, but their passing game was sub par with their #1 QB Gaona and he was able to have a big game against Gladewater's defense.

So let me ask you, what makes this Gladewater team 5 TD improved over Gilmer from last year?

Eagle8
11-22-2014, 09:01 PM
This one is hard for me....gut is telling me Gilmer in a shoot-out. Pullin for the District Bears but I think it'll be Gilmer 55 Gladewater 42

Pudlugger
11-22-2014, 09:25 PM
This will be a closely fought contest but in the end Gilmer will emerge as the winner. Buckeyes by 13.

Leopardfan201
11-22-2014, 09:45 PM
I agree give me gilmer by 16

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Last year's Argyle team defeated Gladewater rather handily in cold frigid(icy) conditions...which was supposed to favor the style of the Bears that night. This year's Gilmer team is not unlike last season's Argyle team in many aspects. I look for Gilmer to win this one, but I also realize Gladewater this year is much improved over Gladewater last season. Not sure the Mack Attack will have that much control of what Gilmer does offensively. Besides, I have Gilmer meeting Celina in the semis in my bracket. I guess I made my pick back then. :smoker:

garciap77
11-22-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm going with the Spider Monkeys!!!:D

lostaussie
11-22-2014, 10:09 PM
I'm going with the Spider Monkeys!!!:D

Never was a doubt Garciap77:D

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 10:36 PM
Y'all's game ain't got no poll either. Gilmer and Argyle must be at the bottom of the heap here on the Downlow. I guess you gotta eliminate more teams just to get it where they don't have too many choices left, lol.

lostaussie
11-23-2014, 07:54 AM
Y'all's game ain't got no poll either. Gilmer and Argyle must be at the bottom of the heap here on the Downlow. I guess you gotta eliminate more teams just to get it where they don't have too many choices left, lol.

I started the thread and really didn't care to know what anyone else thought because I didn't care:D

bobcat1
11-23-2014, 09:00 AM

I started the thread and really didn't care to know what anyone else thought because I didn't care:D
That's not it Regal. Gilmer and Argyle are still in the cakewalk parts of their playoffs. They don't need a poll. Everyone already knows the outcome of y'alls games. Gilmer by half a hunnerd :wave:

Aesculus gilmus
11-23-2014, 09:17 AM
Gilmer may well win, but not by that margin.

Gladewater has proven it is for real. The district it won has three of the four teams still playing in Region II.

buckeyebob
11-23-2014, 09:20 AM

2014: Gilmer - 42, Gladewater - 28

Completed your post for you...this may very well be the best team G'water has put together in years...I will give 'em that...but...this is a very special Buckeye Team.

buckeyebob
11-23-2014, 09:27 AM

So I see regal pulling for the Bux...thanks to one that knows us

solocam
11-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Gilmer by 17

Snotbubbles
11-23-2014, 04:30 PM

I agree. Unlike my Bears, these Bears roll on. Close game, 40-35 GW.

Deuce
11-23-2014, 04:36 PM

Lol. Then why did you even start the thread?

lostaussie
11-23-2014, 04:45 PM
I meant on a poll......I deem polls as worthless. People don't pick who they think will win......they pick the team they want to win.JMO

YTBulldogs
11-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Lol. Then why did you even start the thread?

:doh::iagree:

buckeyebob
11-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Yep. But I'm out on all the accusations. Gladewater is good and I will give them their due.......but I do not think they are gonna beat us by any means.
There muthurs wear combat boots & their wives are fat & uglytheir children are so stupit, if bains were dynamite, they don't have enough to blow their nose...hows that

Snotbubbles
11-24-2014, 12:08 AM
There muthurs wear combat boots & their wives are fat & uglytheir children are so stupit, if bains were dynamite, they don't have enough to blow their nose...hows that

Hell Bob. Ya'll are all kin and marry each others own kin in that part of Texas don't ya. So, be nice talking about family.

hollywood
11-24-2014, 12:12 AM
Bux by 21+

pirate4state
11-24-2014, 12:26 AM
Go Buckeyes!

waterboy
11-24-2014, 08:43 AM
All I got to say about this game is:

GLADEWATER? YOU'RE NEXT!

Aguilafanatico
11-24-2014, 09:19 AM
Bucs by 28.

waterboy
11-24-2014, 09:28 AM

In all fairness, Dawgs, this Gladewater team in NO WAY even compares to Kilgore last year. That Kilgore team had an awesome defense, something Gladewater can't match this year. Oh, and did I mention the Buckeyes have a lot more depth this year on both sides of the ball. That's something they definitely didn't have last year, especially against Kilgore when Demarco didn't play a down. The offense this year is a lot better, too.

I don't know for "sure" who will win this game, but my somewhat edumacated guess is that the Buckeyes will be too much for the Bears.

For all you Gladewater fans, and bandwagon fans: GLADEWATER? YOU'RE NEXT!:wave:

movethechain
11-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Jamel was another starter that did not play a down against Kilgore last year.

Snotbubbles
11-24-2014, 01:02 PM
Appears no chance GW. Stay home and enjoy holiday. Gilmer by 70.

movethechain
11-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Gilmer is one of those darling teams that has a lot of mystique. Actually they haven't done it many times. Not recently anyways. Those earlier 2000 teams that's were so good at Gilmer had D1 athletes in the trenches. The 2009 team had Stump Godfrey. Gilmer is awesome no doubt about it. I have a lot of respect for them playing at the level they do year in and year out with the enrollment numbers they have. We in Carthage know about constantly pushing weight, and being expected to win even if the schools have 2 to 3 times your enrollment. But if you go back to say 2010, and look at the teams that beat Gilmer. They have really struggled to beat teams made up exactly like GW. Anybody that knows the makeup of both teams would have to put GW as the favorite. Just my opinion.

I've watched Gladewater play 3 times this year and would put them as a significant underdog against Gilmer, but this is the playoffs and anything can happen. Gladewater only beating Kilgore (a down year Kilgore) by 4 points is very telling on them. I was not at all impressed with their game against Carthage either. Defensively, Carthage seemed to be able to run the ball and the GW pass defense was not a strong point. Only thing that saved Gladewater in that game was the lack of pass catching by Carthage. GW dominated Tatum when the Eagles were struggling with injuries (they are healthy now). Let me know if you want to know what I REALLY think of this Gladewater team, but on the season, I'm not as impressed nor expectant as other posters seem to be.

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 01:16 PM

:dispntd:

waterboy
11-24-2014, 02:48 PM
I've watched Gladewater play 3 times this year and would put them as a significant underdog against Gilmer, but this is the playoffs and anything can happen. Gladewater only beating Kilgore (a down year Kilgore) by 4 points is very telling on them. I was not at all impressed with their game against Carthage either. Defensively, Carthage seemed to be able to run the ball and the GW pass defense was not a strong point. Only thing that saved Gladewater in that game was the lack of pass catching by Carthage. GW dominated Tatum when the Eagles were struggling with injuries (they are healthy now). Let me know if you want to know what I REALLY think of this Gladewater team, but on the season, I'm not as impressed nor expectant as other posters seem to be.

In all fairness to Gladewater, the week they played Kilgore was the week they lost a teammate in a tragic accident. The Bears did pull it together in the second half of that one. The rest of those games speak for themselves, however, this IS a rivalry game where anything can happen. The thing is this Buckeye team has been looking forward to this matchup just as much as the Bears. Both took care of business to get that chance. Unfortunately, the Bears will meet a very good Buckeye team who is every bit as hungry as they are, and are used to playing the spotlight. This game is where the Buckeyes make their statement, and I believe that statement will be a resounding "NOT THIS YEAR!" I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

"DEZign8"

lostaussie
11-24-2014, 02:56 PM

Oh Lawd......some more gurgling from Snot

waterboy
11-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Gladewater will bring it, no doubt about it. There ain't nothing they want worse than to beat their archrival, in the playoffs, nonetheless. Don't be surprised if they don't try a long pass early on. I remember when they did that in '12, and got up on us early. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they tried that again. As a matter of fact, I would bet on it.

This will be the first time the Buckeyes will have been tested in a long while. Adversity is not something they've had to deal with much at all this year. That can be good, or bad. Since game two against Tatum, this Buckeye team has just literally taken care of business by getting up big, and taking the heart right out of the opposition. When you do that to good teams, they start doubting themselves, then they start making uncharacteristic mistakes. I saying all this to say this, the Buckeyes have to come out on fire in all three phases of their game: offense, defense, and special teams. If Gilmer plays like they have been over the past couple of months, i think Gladewater will be in trouble early.

Snotbubbles
11-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Oh Lawd......some more gurgling from Snot

No gurgling, just reading all ya'lls BS in this game. SOS every week. Gonna fall hard when it happens. Better not hiccup.:kiss:

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't want to upset anymore of my friends from Gilmer. I like all you posters on this site, other than Bob. I will be there at 5 in my Carthage gear looking for a seat. A lot of mention by me and others about the Kilgore game last year. If this game is anywhere close to that one than the spectators will be winners no matter who wins. I pull for underdogs, and for some reason I have a soft spot for GW. I can remember not so long ago what it was like to get no respect. I as a fan hope for an awesome game. Both teams have proven to be legit this season. Really no since on going back and forth, and slinging mud about it. Both have played legit competition, and both have beaten some really good teams. The young men and coaches will settle it on the field. We need both teams to carry the banner for East Texas. Show the state why our area has been so successful at this level. I hope for a competitive, entertaining game. 2 schools from the same county playing in the 3rd round. Pretty cool.

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 06:34 PM
I don't want to upset anymore of my friends from Gilmer. I like all you posters on this site, other than Bob. I will be there at 5 in my Carthage gear looking for a seat. A lot of mention by me and others about the Kilgore game last year. If this game is anywhere close to that one than the spectators will be winners no matter who wins. I pull for underdogs, and for some reason I have a soft spot for GW. I can remember not so long ago what it was like to get no respect. I as a fan hope for an awesome game. Both teams have proven to be legit this season. Really no since on going back and forth, and slinging mud about it. Both have played legit competition, and both have beaten some really good teams. The young men and coaches will settle it on the field. We need both teams to carry the banner for East Texas. Show the state why our area has been so successful at this level. I hope for a competitive, entertaining game. 2 schools from the same county playing in the 3rd round. Pretty cool.

I don't think anyone's feelings are getting hurt. You stated your opinion and we/I stated ours/mine.

Let me know and I will save you a seat by me on the good side.

Aesculus gilmus
11-24-2014, 06:42 PM
2 schools from the same county playing in the 3rd round. Pretty cool.

Even though their stadium and high school is located (just barely) in this county, I am almost certain that Gladewater considers itself overwhelmingly to be a Gregg County community. I would, too, if I lived there.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 08:47 PM
I don't think anyone's feelings are getting hurt. You stated your opinion and we/I stated ours/mine.

Let me know and I will save you a seat by me on the good side.

Hey, what about tickets? I have been hearing sold out. I would like to get some tickets so I don't have to wait at the gate. And I am sitting on the GW side...you guys are crazy on the other side!! I am sure this being the first time in a while GW begin good, they will have a lot more room. Prolly where most of the unbiased fans will sit. Man I can still hear those fans last year from both sides at the Kilgore game. I have video on my phone. It was electric. I know Gilmer's fans will be as hyped, but I don't know about GW.

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey, what about tickets? I have been hearing sold out. I would like to get some tickets so I don't have to wait at the gate. And I am sitting on the GW side...you guys are crazy on the other side!! I am sure this being the first time in a while GW begin good, they will have a lot more room. Prolly where most of the unbiased fans will sit. Man I can still hear those fans last year from both sides at the Kilgore game. I have video on my phone. It was electric. I know Gilmer's fans will be as hyped, but I don't know about GW.

Last year's Kilgore game and the game against Cuero in '09 was the most fun I've had at a game. Both crowds were up and loud the whole game going back and forth.

Gilmer and Cuero fans were even 'battling' before the game. It was awesome!

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 08:55 PM
I am sitting on the GW side...

This hurt my feelings more than anything else that has been said on this thread.

lostaussie
No gurgling, just reading all ya'lls BS in this game. SOS every week. Gonna fall hard when it happens. Better not hiccup.:kiss:

Oh Snotty your jealousy or hatred or what ever it is goes over the top. A few weeks ago it was Cuero now its Gilmer. I can give a rip where your from or what you think. Folks like you don't bother me. I come on to this site to enjoy football banter, learn about other teams and tout mine. If I didn't believe the Buckeyes would win I would say it. If WE DONT win it won't be the first time our bubble has been burst. I love high school football and if we lose I will still love high school football. I've said it many times and I firmly believe it.......enjoy the ride, no matter how far it takes you. If our journey ends at 12-1 then so be it. Certainly not be the end of the world. We had had dissapointments before and have survived. So carry on with all your spew and we will go play and enjoy our game Friday. Win or lose.......its been a damn fine season. GO BUCKEYES

poisoned10
Gladewater be like ...

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Oh Snotty your jealousy or hatred or what ever it is goes over the top. A few weeks ago it was Cuero now its Gilmer. I can give a rip where your from or what you think. Folks like you don't bother me. I come on to this site to enjoy football banter, learn about other teams and tout mine. If I didn't believe the Buckeyes would win I would say it. If WE DONT win it won't be the first time our bubble has been burst. I love high school football and if we lose I will still love high school football. I've said it many times and I firmly believe it.......enjoy the ride, no matter how far it takes you. If our journey ends at 12-1 then so be it. Certainly not be the end of the world. We had had dissapointments before and have survived. So carry on with all your spew and we will go play and enjoy our game Friday. Win or lose.......its been a damn fine season. GO BUCKEYES

This brought tears to my eyes!

buckeyebob
11-24-2014, 09:00 PM
This hurt my feelings more than anything else that has been said on this thread.

I am terribly butt hurt.

buckeyebob
11-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Gladewater be like ...

Sweet.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 09:27 PM

Only because you guys get so crazy over there! You have to remember I am a Carthage fan. We are quietest fans in ETX. When y'all get to foaming at the mouth and getting ready to tear out the stadium seats I get a little nervous! Seriously I could only wish our fans were a loud and proud as Gilmer's. That is a huge advantage for you guys, huge. From what I saw GW fans are about like Carthage fans. Quiet. Let's see if they get up for this game.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 09:33 PM

+1. This is what it's about!

Aggie98
11-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Last year's Kilgore game and the game against Cuero in '09 was the most fun I've had at a game. Both crowds were up and loud the whole game going back and forth.

Gilmer and Cuero fans were even 'battling' before the game. It was awesome!

The atmosphere at the Gilmer/Kilgore game last year was as good as it gets in HS football, IMO. You don't see crowds quite that crazy in the playoffs due to all the anxiety and unfamiliarity with your opponent (usually). You definitely don't get that vibe in Jerry World because it feels more like a TV shoot than a football game when you play there. But a week 10 game between 2 great football teams 30 miles apart with nothing really on the line but bragging rights.... Now that's a football game where you get your money's worth.

movethechain
11-24-2014, 09:40 PM

You will probably still be able to get tickets at the Gladewater Administration office. They just flat don't pre-sell that many tickets over there, no matter what they might tell you. My Dad went over there 3 times to get our tickets for the Gladewater games we witnessed. If you were at any Gladewater games, and I believe you were, you would know by looking at their home side that they just don't have a large following. Better support than many schools, but not like Gilmer or Carthage or even Tatum. You should probably make sure and get there early in the morning.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 09:46 PM
The atmosphere at the Gilmer/Kilgore game last year was as good as it gets in HS football, IMO. You don't see crowds quite that crazy in the playoffs due to all the anxiety and unfamiliarity with your opponent (usually). You definitely don't get that vibe in Jerry World because it feels more like a TV shoot than a football game when you play there. But a week 10 game between 2 great football teams 30 miles apart with nothing really on the line but bragging rights.... Now that's a football game where you get your money's worth.

2nd best game I have ever been to, and best atmosphere. Carthage Brownwood 10' was an awesome game, but the atmosphere was not quite as electric due to stadium size. That game was played at Midlothian if I remember correctly, and it was to big for the crowd even though both sides were loud. Kilgore stadium was packed last year! Couldn't fit another person in the stands. I hope this game is the same type. That will make for a fun Friday night.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 09:48 PM
You will probably still be able to get tickets at the Gladewater Administration office. They just flat don't pre-sell that many tickets over there, no matter what they might tell you. My Dad went over there 3 times to get our tickets for the Gladewater games we witnessed. If you were at any Gladewater games, and I believe you were, you would know by looking at their home side that they just don't have a large following. Better support than many schools, but not like Gilmer or Carthage or even Tatum. You should probably make sure and get there early in the morning.

Thanks. I am going to ride over in the morning. I parked in the $20 VIP parking when Gilmer and Carthage played this year. Hopefully they will have that again.

lostaussie
11-24-2014, 09:52 PM
2nd best game I have ever been to, and best atmosphere. Carthage Brownwood 10' was an awesome game, but the atmosphere was not quite as electric due to stadium size. That game was played at Midlothian if I remember correctly, and it was to big for the crowd even though both sides were loud. Kilgore stadium was packed last year! Couldn't fit another person in the stands. I hope this game is the same type. That will make for a fun Friday night.

That game was at Kincaid.....I was right in the middle of it sitting with a whole bunch of downlowers. Great atmosphere and great game. We had a blast that night.....except for all the Lion fans around me:D

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 09:57 PM
I sat on the Carthage side of that game. It was a VERY exciting game.

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 09:59 PM
That game was at Kincaid.....I was right in the middle of it sitting with a whole bunch of downlowers. Great atmosphere and great game. We had a blast that night.....except for all the Lion fans around me:D

Kincaid! Only thing I can remember is there was some kind of sun or something of that nature on the field or on the press box. I know that sounds funny, but I remember it. Maybe I'm crazy. Lots of playoff games the last 6 or 7 years.

pirate4state
11-24-2014, 10:04 PM

Dayum....but this is Gladewater's year? Nah....GO BUCKEYES!!!

Dawgs
11-24-2014, 10:06 PM
I wish we could get some GW fans over here and post. I see a couple yall should recruit from the other site. They have some that aren't over the edge with delusions of grandeur. They are slinging some dirt over there! But very little football talk. I think this one is past the friendly football talk about strengths and weaknesses. Too much bad blood for civil debate.

poisoned10
11-24-2014, 10:09 PM

We hear it every year from Gladewater, Tatum and Daingerfield. Gilmer just keeps on winning. It will happen one year, just won't be this year.

Aggie98
11-24-2014, 10:20 PM

That's why a lot of us are pulling for Gladewater this go-round. It's blatant oppression over there in Upshur County. Gilmer hasn't let GH2O see the light of day in 13-14 years!

pirate4state
11-24-2014, 10:21 PM
That's why a lot of us are pulling for Gladewater this go-round. It's blatant oppression over there in Upshur County. Gilmer hasn't let GH2O see the light of day in 13-14 years!

BAHAHA that's hilarious. But you know -- Sinton knows that feeling...Cuero had our # for a few years and we finally got back over the hump last year. Too bad Gladewater is playing the Buckeyes, one of my adopted teams

lostaussie
11-24-2014, 10:33 PM
BAHAHA that's hilarious. But you know -- Sinton knows that feeling...Cuero had our # for a few years and we finally got back over the hump last year. Too bad Gladewater is playing the Buckeyes, one of my adopted teams

Yes, but I looked at your pick it sheet.......I think it is tainted:D

pirate4state
11-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Yes, but I looked at your pick it sheet.......I think it is tainted:D

:spitlol: :wave:

waterboy
11-25-2014, 11:05 AM
I wish we could get some GW fans over here and post. I see a couple yall should recruit from the other site. They have some that aren't over the edge with delusions of grandeur. They are slinging some dirt over there! But very little football talk. I think this one is past the friendly football talk about strengths and weaknesses. Too much bad blood for civil debate.

That other site has become a joke, in my opinion. There's no real talk about football at all, and there's nothing civil about the bantering back and forth, either. There are maybe two Gladewater fans over there that could come over here and fit right in, but the rest would probably ruin this site, too.

Looking at this game closer, I just don't see how anybody can compare this year's Gladewater team to Kilgore or Carthage of last year. Yes, offensively, they have the power running game, and have shown some capability to play action pass. The difference, though, to me at least, is on the other side of the ball. Defensively, Gladewater does not even closely resemble the two aforementioned teams from last year. If Gladewater has any chance at all they will have to play above and beyond what they have all year defensively. This is just my opinion, of course.

Gladewater (11-1)

Gladewater 31, Daingerfield 13
Gladewater 77, Pittsburg 14
Gladewater 21, St. Thomas More (LA) 42
Gladewater 34. Carthage 23
Gladewater 25, Kilgore 21
Gladewater 52, Tatum 8
Gladewater 36, Atlanta 14
Gladewater 35, Pleasant Grove 14
Gladewater 54, Spring Hill 14
Gladewater 56, Center 22
Gladewater 66, Nevada Community 14
Gladewater 36, Fairfield 14

Points For: 523, Points Against: 213

Gilmer (12-0)

Gilmer 55, Liberty-Eylau 16
Gilmer 68, Pine Tree 20
Gilmer 41, Tatum 35
Gilmer 61, Daingerfield 9
Gilmer 58, Carthage 21
Gilmer 63, Melissa 0
Gilmer 70, Canton 0
Gilmer 49, Bullard 7
Gilmer 85, Nevada Community 14
Gilmer 63, Rains 27
Gilmer 50, Pleasant Grove 7
Gilmer 80, Waco Connally 21

Points For: 743, Points Against 177

Eagleborn
11-25-2014, 12:54 PM
Pulling for fellow district 6 but in the end, I think Gilmer Consolidated will be too much.

waterboy
11-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Pulling for fellow district 6 but in the end, I think Gilmer Consolidated will be too much.

I know you meant Gilmer High, Bruce High, and East Mountain high in that "Consolidated" portion. Right?:spitlol:

movethechain
11-25-2014, 04:05 PM
I know you meant Gilmer High, Bruce High, and East Mountain high in that "Consolidated" portion. Right?:spitlol:

Hey, you left out Glenwood. They consolidated with East Mountain before they consolidated with Gilmer. Though I'm not sure I would use the term "consolidated" for that last union, but we are all one big happy family now.

Aesculus gilmus
11-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Hey, you left out Glenwood. They consolidated with East Mountain before they consolidated with Gilmer. Though I'm not sure I would use the term "consolidated" for that last union, but we are all one big happy family now.

Glenwood may be happy, but the East Mountaineers, I would say, have never really gotten over it to this day. Check the election returns from that defeated $36 million bond issue this time last year. The EMeers voted it down by a HUGE margin. If just the people living in Gilmer had voted, it would have passed.

I don't think it'll happen, but if the East Mountain area were ever able to "detach" from the Gilmer ISD, all y'all in 4A Division II would be stuck playing the Buckeyes for a LONG time.

If the district remains the same size it is now (a fairly safe bet, considering how hard it is to detach), we might go up to Division I as soon as 2016. I heard from a reliable source that there were actually over 700 enrolled in GHS at the beginning of the 2014 school year.

movethechain
11-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Glenwood may be happy, but the East Mountaineers, I would say, have never really gotten over it to this day. Check the election returns from that defeated $36 million bond issue this time last year. The EMeers voted it down by a HUGE margin. If just the people living in Gilmer had voted, it would have passed.

I don't think it'll happen, but if the East Mountain area were ever able to "detach" from the Gilmer ISD, all y'all in 4A Division II would be stuck playing the Buckeyes for a LONG time.

If the district remains the same size it is now (a fairly safe bet, considering how hard it is to detach), we might go up to Division I as soon as 2016. I heard from a reliable source that there were actually over 700 enrolled in GHS at the beginning of the 2014 school year.

The Old Timers with old and bitter memories won't be around forever, so the bond will eventually pass, our enrollment will grow a little more and we will be back to competing with Argyle and Carthage and Kilgore and Henderson and Abilene Wylie and Chapel Hill, just the way we like it. :cool:

bobcat1
11-25-2014, 07:51 PM
I still say Gilmer by fiddy!

poisoned10
11-25-2014, 08:06 PM
I still say Gilmer by tree fiddy!

FIFY

Eagle8
11-25-2014, 08:21 PM
I'ma say Troup 21/Salado 21/Gilmer 0 - Gladewater 28

lostaussie
11-25-2014, 08:26 PM

Its really unfortunate that you talk about a kid that grew up in Gilmer and another kid that feared for a dangerous situation...... That's all I have to say about this anymore. Its really old.......but I guess it is what it is.

buckeyebob
11-25-2014, 08:41 PM

Tacky

bobcat1
11-25-2014, 10:42 PM

Some people have class. Some people don't. You are one of the later.

Dawgs
11-25-2014, 10:54 PM
Tacky

Pot meet kettle...

Dawgs
11-25-2014, 10:55 PM

Old news...next. Go back in your hole holmes.

Dawgs
11-25-2014, 11:08 PM
That other site has become a joke, in my opinion. There's no real talk about football at all, and there's nothing civil about the bantering back and forth, either. There are maybe two Gladewater fans over there that could come over here and fit right in, but the rest would probably ruin this site, too.

Looking at this game closer, I just don't see how anybody can compare this year's Gladewater team to Kilgore or Carthage of last year. Yes, offensively, they have the power running game, and have shown some capability to play action pass. The difference, though, to me at least, is on the other side of the ball. Defensively, Gladewater does not even closely resemble the two aforementioned teams from last year. If Gladewater has any chance at all they will have to play above and beyond what they have all year defensively. This is just my opinion, of course.

Gladewater (11-1)

Gladewater 31, Daingerfield 13
Gladewater 77, Pittsburg 14
Gladewater 21, St. Thomas More (LA) 42
Gladewater 34. Carthage 23
Gladewater 25, Kilgore 21
Gladewater 52, Tatum 8
Gladewater 36, Atlanta 14
Gladewater 35, Pleasant Grove 14
Gladewater 54, Spring Hill 14
Gladewater 56, Center 22
Gladewater 66, Nevada Community 14
Gladewater 36, Fairfield 14

Points For: 523, Points Against: 213

Gilmer (12-0)

Gilmer 55, Liberty-Eylau 16
Gilmer 68, Pine Tree 20
Gilmer 41, Tatum 35
Gilmer 61, Daingerfield 9
Gilmer 58, Carthage 21
Gilmer 63, Melissa 0
Gilmer 70, Canton 0
Gilmer 49, Bullard 7
Gilmer 85, Nevada Community 14
Gilmer 63, Rains 27
Gilmer 50, Pleasant Grove 7
Gilmer 80, Waco Connally 21

Points For: 743, Points Against 177

Great points. My thing is that IMO GW will have the advantage in trenches. Teams have beaten Gilmer recently that are able to dominate in the trenches. No, I don't think GW is as good as any of the teams you mentioned above. They are also not as good as Argyle last year. I guess when I get all the facts it makes me want to rethink my prediction of GW. I still think GW is going to be very successful running the ball an controlling the clock. I am beginning to wonder how GW is going to stop Gilmer from scoring every position. They will definitely need TO. I think Gilmer has turned that around from last season. That is the biggest difference I can see from the last couple of years to this year. That was the difference between a really talented team at Carthage in 2012, to a Championship team in 2013. I think we might be seeing the same thing in Gilmer from 2013 to 2014. I still think the defense had to be better last year with Josh Walker leading it. I didn't see enough in the Carthage game this season to have much of an idea about this year. I just know that kid was a beast. If it comes down to the end, then I guess I will have to go with Traylor. One last comment and I will end this essay...I think both teams have improved from last season. But I think the GW improvement is much more than Gilmer's. And obviously they had a lot more that needed to be improved on. I truly believe this is going to come down to the end. Even though Carthage is out, I am excited to have a game to attend this week.

Aggie98
11-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Great points. My thing is that IMO GW will have the advantage in trenches. Teams have beaten Gilmer recently that are able to dominate in the trenches. No, I don't think GW is as good as any of the teams you mentioned above. They are also not as good as Argyle last year. I guess when I get all the facts it makes me want to rethink my prediction of GW. I still think GW is going to be very successful running the ball an controlling the clock. I am beginning to wonder how GW is going to stop Gilmer from scoring every position. They will definitely need TO. I think Gilmer has turned that around from last season. That is the biggest difference I can see from the last couple of years to this year. That was the difference between a really talented team at Carthage in 2012, to a Championship team in 2013. I think we might be seeing the same thing in Gilmer from 2013 to 2014. I still think the defense had to be better last year with Josh Walker leading it. I didn't see enough in the Carthage game this season to have much of an idea about this year. I just know that kid was a beast. If it comes down to the end, then I guess I will have to go with Traylor. One last comment and I will end this essay...I think both teams have improved from last season. But I think the GW improvement is much more than Gilmer's. And obviously they had a lot more that needed to be improved on. I truly believe this is going to come down to the end. Even though Carthage is out, I am excited to have a game to attend this week.

Don't abandon me now Dawgs... GW still has this! But I can understand your reluctance to commit.... Gladewater had almost the exact same personnel last year (except the HC) and Gilmer blasted them. Gilmer has upgraded since then. I'm still sticking with da Bears though. They just seem to have a lot more swagger, moxie, whatever you want to call it this year.

Eagle8
11-26-2014, 07:39 AM
I got plenty of class....just yankin their chain. They'd do it to us in a heart beat. I've always respected what Traylor and the Buckeyes bring to the table.

buckeyebob
11-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Pot meet kettle...

Tastefully tacky

waterboy
11-26-2014, 10:11 AM

You can most definitely get away with this crap over there at the other site, but don't bring that crap over here. The moderators over there allow anything if it's against Gilmer. The moderators over here will put you out to pasture quickly.

Again, this site has class, and we would like to keep it that way. A little bantering and smacktalk is just fine, but unsubstantiated allegations will not be tolerated here.

I've crunched some numbers, and unless there are turnovers to factor in, this is the conclusion I've drawn. The Buckeyes should win this by 14 to 21 points.

lostaussie
11-26-2014, 02:53 PM
http://etsn.fm/highway-271-rivals-gilmer-gladewater-hook-up-for-huge-playoff-showdown/

waterboy
11-26-2014, 03:26 PM
http://etsn.fm/highway-271-rivals-gilmer-gladewater-hook-up-for-huge-playoff-showdown/

Aussie, you saw Gladewater play how many times this year? What is your assessment from what you saw?

For all the talk about our "weak" schedule, I see Gladewater's opponents are only at a +4 in wins, and that includes the team they lost to. I've also tabulated the scores of the 5 common opponents between the teams and came up with these numbers:

Gladewater - PF: 218, PA: 72
Gilmer - PF: 295, PA: 86

This includes the Bears playing a Tatum team that was decimated with injuries, and fighting through some internal strife when they met. It also includes some trash TDs for both, but there were more of those kinds of TDs against Gilmer after the game was decided. Make no mistake about it, I know Gladewater is a very good team, but I'm just not seeing them being "better" than Gilmer in any of the different ways I've looked at the matchups. Of course, it is a rivalry, and they will be fired up so anything can happen. If Gilmer takes care of the ball, I see them winning by 14 to 21 points.

lostaussie
11-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Only saw them play Tatum. They looked very good. I just think they gonna have to outscore us and I don't think they can. There secondary is very suspect and if we can keep those linemen off us for just a few seconds we gonna be OK. Gladewater will make some plays......we just have to make more or it will be time to go deer hunting:D won't be the first time ya know. I'm pretty confident that our scheme will be successful

RPF2666
11-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Funny story out of Celina that relates to Gilmer...

The Bobcat Team visited the retirement home at lunch today here in Celina. My son is one of them
and as he was telling me stories about the visit he said that there was one lady (probably the most 'with it'
in his words) from Gilmer. He said she was all over them, telling them that Gilmer was going to beat them!

I told him he should have told her we'd be honored to find out!

Good luck this weekend!

lostaussie
11-26-2014, 04:01 PM

The Bobcat Team visited the retirement home at lunch today here in Celina. My son is one of them
and as he was telling me stories about the visit he said that there was one lady (probably the most 'with it'
in his words) from Gilmer. He said she was all over them, telling them that Gilmer was going to beat them!

Good luck this weekend!We got some sweet old ladies over here:D

waterboy
11-26-2014, 04:04 PM

Good luck this weekend!

Lots of football to be played before that eventual meeting. I hope we get to oblige! I just want to play another week after this one right now, though.

RPF2666
11-26-2014, 04:04 PM
We got some sweet old ladies over here:D

No, you have sweet old lady over HERE! I've heard that you Easterners were capable of mind games, but this takes the cake! :cool:

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Don't abandon me now Dawgs... GW still has this! But I can understand your reluctance to commit.... Gladewater had almost the exact same personnel last year (except the HC) and Gilmer blasted them. Gilmer has upgraded since then. I'm still sticking with da Bears though. They just seem to have a lot more swagger, moxie, whatever you want to call it this year.

Ok Aggie, you are on your own. I do think Gilmer can be beat, but I don't think this GW team is ready to beat a team of this caliber. If they were playing Kilgore or Argyle of last year I would pick those teams just like I did last year. Argyle was so disciplined last year, and a physical team that was dominate in the trenches. Dominate in the trenches, power run game, and disciplined secondary is the recipe to beat Gilmer. Kilgore same thing. Very strong secondary (best in the state), POWER run game, and big in the trenches. While I do think GW has 2 out of the 3, they do not have a disciplined enough secondary. Unless they have improved immensely since we played them (which I am sure they have). Another thing I am thinking. Gilmer has not had to let Boyd and Lynch take over a game. Sure they make big plays, but most of Gilmer games have been such blowouts that they don't even need them after the 1st half. Heck I don't think they have a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. I don't think we have seen all they have yet.

Now I do think that GW is going to score pretty much at will. I think they can slow down Gilmer's rushing attack. So with all that said I look for Gilmer to have success in the air, and get 2 or 3 stops and that will be enough. My main thing is in a game this close give me tradition, experience, Traylor, Boyd, and Lynch. This should be a great game! I'm excited as hell!!

RPF2666
11-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Lots of football to be played before that eventual meeting. I hope we get to oblige! I just want to play another week after this one right now, though.

Agreed!

poisoned10
11-26-2014, 04:40 PM
Aussie, you saw Gladewater play how many times this year? What is your assessment from what you saw?

For all the talk about our "weak" schedule, I see Gladewater's opponents are only at a +4 in wins, and that includes the team they lost to. I've also tabulated the scores of the 5 common opponents between the teams and came up with these numbers:

Gladewater - PF: 218, PA: 72
Gilmer - PF: 295, PA: 86

This includes the Bears playing a Tatum team that was decimated with injuries, and fighting through some internal strife when they met. It also includes some trash TDs for both, but there were more of those kinds of TDs against Gilmer after the game was decided. Make no mistake about it, I know Gladewater is a very good team, but I'm just not seeing them being "better" than Gilmer in any of the different ways I've looked at the matchups. Of course, it is a rivalry, and they will be fired up so anything can happen. If Gilmer takes care of the ball, I see them winning by 14 to 21 points.

I agree.

waterboy
11-26-2014, 05:03 PM
Looking a little further into the numbers, at least for Gilmer's defense, out of the 177 points allowed, at least 66 of those points were well after the game was decided, and against 2s and 3s. I don't know about Gladewater, to be honest. Gilmer's defense is not as bad as some seem to think. I know early in the year we gave up some substantial yardage against some potent offenses, but in the last 7 games they haven't given up much at all with the starters in.

What I don't like to see is, the Buckeyes get up by 2 or 3 TDs, then relax for a series or two. They have done that several times this season, but when your offense scores in 1 to 3 plays 60% of the time, they are on the field a LOT. They need to play a full 4 quarters of solid defense in this one to keep any momentum shifts from coming into play. Gladewater is no slouch of a team, for sure. I just think the Buckeyes are better.

GTownballer
11-26-2014, 06:59 PM

I watched both games, had ya'll caught the ball, Carthage would have, got the win, 3 dropped sure enough TD passes, sorry Dawg, but the Gilmer and Carthage game was a no contest, so am I lying, or did you go to the beach that week? lol.....

poisoned10
11-26-2014, 08:04 PM
Bad Luck Gladewater

buckeyebob
11-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Ok Aggie, you are on your own. I do think Gilmer can be beat, but I don't think this GW team is ready to beat a team of this caliber. If they were playing Kilgore or Argyle of last year I would pick those teams just like I did last year. Argyle was so disciplined last year, and a physical team that was dominate in the trenches. Dominate in the trenches, power run game, and disciplined secondary is the recipe to beat Gilmer. Kilgore same thing. Very strong secondary (best in the state), POWER run game, and big in the trenches. While I do think GW has 2 out of the 3, they do not have a disciplined enough secondary. Unless they have improved immensely since we played them (which I am sure they have). Another thing I am thinking. Gilmer has not had to let Boyd and Lynch take over a game. Sure they make big plays, but most of Gilmer games have been such blowouts that they don't even need them after the 1st half. Heck I don't think they have a 1000 yard rusher or receiver. I don't think we have seen all they have yet.

Now I do think that GW is going to score pretty much at will. I think they can slow down Gilmer's rushing attack. So with all that said I look for Gilmer to have success in the air, and get 2 or 3 stops and that will be enough. My main thing is in a game this close give me tradition, experience, Traylor, Boyd, and Lynch. This should be a great game! I'm excited as hell!!

Gotta add Carter...163 of 213, 2,919 yards, 36 TDs, 1 INT; 7 carries, 44 yards

buckeyebob
11-26-2014, 08:35 PM
^^^^^Yep!

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Gotta add Carter...163 of 213, 2,919 yards, 36 TDs, 1 INT; 7 carries, 44 yards

Not taking anything away but you could take Union Grove QB and put him on that team with all those athletes and he would have those type of numbers. I could throw bubble screens to Lynch and Boyd no problem.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:12 PM
I watched both games, had ya'll caught the ball, Carthage would have, got the win, 3 dropped sure enough TD passes, sorry Dawg, but the Gilmer and Carthage game was a no contest, so am I lying, or did you go to the beach that week? lol.....

No I was there for both. We played a lot better against GW. No, let me rephrase. We didn't give GW 21 points in the first 5 minutes. Carthage was in no way ready for that stage at Lobo Stadium against the Bucks. Game was a no contest. Please before we go any further do not give me anything about forced turnovers. None of the 3 were by any means forced. They were given. I will agree many turnovers are forced, but those were not. Now, Carthage was having success in the first 2 drives against the Bucks driving down the field with ease before we dropped the ball on the ground twice. It doesn't matter, both beat Carthage handily. The young Dawgs were no match for either this year. But we were pushing you guys around up front. We did not push GW around. That's all I know.

None if this means anything. This is going to be a heck of a game.

GTownballer
11-26-2014, 10:22 PM
No I was there for both. We played a lot better against GW. No, let me rephrase. We didn't give GW 21 points in the first 5 minutes. Carthage was in no way ready for that stage at Lobo Stadium against the Bucks. Game was a no contest. Please before we go any further do not give me anything about forced turnovers. None of the 3 were by any means forced. They were given. I will agree many turnovers are forced, but those were not. Now, Carthage was having success in the first 2 drives against the Bucks driving down the field with ease before we dropped the ball on the ground twice. It doesn't matter, both beat Carthage handily. The young Dawgs were no match for either this year. But we were pushing you guys around up front. We did not push GW around. That's all I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LFlMJasWs
I beg to differ, on they were given..strips and pics bro!

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LFlMJasWs
I beg to differ, on they were given..strips and pics bro!

The pic 6 was right to the guy. Our QB made a bonehead play getting stripped in a QB sneak after he had gained 10 yards. A guy catches the ball, makes a football move and drops the ball on the ground. I don't care to watch a replay. I was there. It has absolutely nothing to do with this game. I have no desire to rehash the Gilmer Carthage game. Not our best moment. Gilmer made plays Carthage did not. I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Carthage this season. 6 teams did it.

buckeyebob
11-27-2014, 09:22 AM
Not taking anything away but you could take Union Grove QB and put him on that team with all those athletes and he would have those type of numbers. I could throw bubble screens to Lynch and Boyd no problem.

You are in a dream world...one interception...76.6% completion...basically played 1/2 of each game...Cater is the http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/war/exploding-bomb.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

buckeyebob
11-27-2014, 09:37 AM

The Dawgs did "GIVE" anything...the Dawgs made a mistake & Gilmer too advantage of them 28 points in the 1st qtr w/ the Bux having 1 offensive play & 23 seconds of possession...you got caught peeing on the carpet & had the paper taken to you...ist scor had nothing to do with the Dawgs accept they got outplayed...2nd Nick Smith stripped ball (maybe the Dawg gave it to 'em)...3rd Devin Smith intercepts - we call it a Pick Six (maybe the Dawg QB threw it to him & said "Here-Run w/ this")...4th Fumble picked up by Lynch & bye-bye...but anyway...thanks for the gifts

buckeyebob
11-27-2014, 10:00 AM
The pic 6 was right to the guy. Our QB made a bonehead play getting stripped in a QB sneak after he had gained 10 yards. A guy catches the ball, makes a football move and drops the ball on the ground. I don't care to watch a replay. I was there. It has absolutely nothing to do with this game. I have no desire to rehash the Gilmer Carthage game. Not our best moment. Gilmer made plays Carthage did not. I wouldn't hang my hat on beating Carthage this season. 6 teams did it.

The malarkey & bloviating is unbelievable...based on your hogwash, Carthage won past meetings with the Bux because we "GAVE" it to ta...sure didn't earn it...you seem to be one that thinks everyone should get a trophy because everyone are "WINNERS"...pure drivel

Snotbubbles
11-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Good grief, come on Saturday morning. LOL.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2014, 10:29 AM
The malarkey & bloviating is unbelievable...based on your hogwash, Carthage won past meetings with the Bux because we "GAVE" it to ta...sure didn't earn it...you seem to be one that thinks everyone should get a trophy because everyone are "WINNERS"...pure drivel

I am a buck fan in the playoffs, but I would ease up a bit on the Dawg poster, you have to play a whole different Dawg team next year and it could be a donkey stomp again except in the Dawgs favor. You have to admit the 19 brand new starters in the third game of the year played right into the hands of a very experienced and great Buckeye team. Sorry for changing the subject.

Dawgs
11-27-2014, 10:42 AM

Im not saying anything close to this. I have said several time Gilmer took advantage. In no way did Carthage give the game to Gilmer. Gilmer spanked us worse than we been spanked in a long time. Again for the 2nd time I don't care to rehash the Carthage Gilmer game. Do I think those were unforced "gifts" to a great Gilmer team, yes. Did Gilmer take full advantage the way most teams would not, yes. End of story. Bob, I really wish you had better comprehensive skills.

poisoned10
11-28-2014, 12:03 AM
I guess the turkey was good enough to silence everyone today.

This time tomorrow Gilmer will know who it's next opponent is!

lostaussie
11-28-2014, 08:54 AM
I guess the turkey was good enough to silence everyone today.

This time tomorrow Gilmer will know who it's next opponent is!

No actually they won't. Other game is Saturday:D

poisoned10
11-28-2014, 09:47 AM
No actually they won't. Other game is Saturday:D

:doh:

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 06:50 PM
Less than an hour til KO... Go Bears!

Thinking a little outside the box here.... but if I'm GW, I'd think about making Mack a situational player on defense in this one and giving him about 30 carries on offense. I just think he could have a whole lot bigger impact from the FB position than at DT, given Gilmer's style of offense. We'll see.

d0tc0m
11-28-2014, 07:25 PM
Quick! Where can I listen to this game on my iphone?

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Quick! Where can I listen to this game on my iphone?

KYKX 105.7 or gilmerbuckeyes.com

d0tc0m
11-28-2014, 07:33 PM
Dang, tried gilmerbuckeyes.com and it keeps saying there's an error.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:36 PM
Gilmer scores on an 86 yd screen pass to Kris Boyd on 3rd and 10. 7-0 Bux.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:42 PM
GW picks up one 1st down and then punts to Bux 22.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Gilmer 3 and out, punt to GW 40.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:51 PM
GW driving at Bux 15, 1st and 10.

15 yd TD run by QB, Canaguir, XP no good, high snap. 7-6 Bux.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Good game so far. Gilmer explosive, GW pushing them around.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Gilmer starts at own 23. 3 and out. Punt to own 48.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 07:58 PM
GW drives right down the field on 4 runs and scores. 2 pt good, Mack. 14-7 Bears.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Gilmer in all kinds of trouble

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:02 PM
Gilmer starts at own 34.

Lynch deep pass picked by GW.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:05 PM
End of 1st Qtr. GW has been hurting Gilmer with the FB dive and the option off of it.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:10 PM
GW driving at Bux 24, 1st and 10.

1st and 10 at Bux 14.

4th and 2 GW from Bux 5.... 1st down Mack to the 1.

TD Mack, XP good. 21-7 Bears, 5:26 2nd.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Gilmer going fast, already down to GW 33.

1st and goal at GW 8, TD Boyd 8 yd run. XP good, 21-14 Bears, 4:06 2nd.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Gilmer on-side kicks and gets it.

Bux driving at Bears 14, 1st down.

4th and 2 at 7, 1st down Lynch to 2.

3rd and goal from 1; TO GW, 0:49, 2nd.

Boyd TD run, XP good... 21-21.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 08:37 PM
Onside kicks, trick plays. Traylor pulling it all out. Erie how much this game is playing out like the Kilgore game last year. GW is dominating in the trenches. This is going to come down to the wire.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 08:39 PM
Halftime.

poisoned10
11-28-2014, 08:46 PM
I want it to be known, after Gladewater scored their 3rd TD, I told everyone around me that Gilmer will score and kick an onside kick.

I know my team.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Halftime.

Traylor already pulling out everything under the kitchen sink. GW the better team in the 1st half. Have to be thinking about the inside in that situation. Bad situational awareness. Typical Traylor.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:00 PM
I want it to be known, after Gladewater scored their 3rd TD, I told everyone around me that Gilmer will score and kick an onside kick.

I know my team.

I was saying the same thing.

poisoned10
11-28-2014, 09:01 PM
GW the better team in the 1st half.

I agree. Gilmer came out playing on emotions while Gladewater came out playing focused. A few mistakes and uncharacteristic dropped passes have really hurt Gilmer.

However, to be outplayed in the 1st half and go into halftime tied is good for Gilmer. I expect a more focused Gilmer squad to come out at halftime and put a little more pressure on Gladewater's offense.

It won't be by as much as I originally thought/hoped, but I still believe Gilmer pulls out the win.

Go Buckeyes!

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:07 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if Gilmer kicks on-sides to start the 2nd half.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:14 PM
Gilmer kicks it deep, returned to GW 34. 1st and 10 Bears.

3 and out for GW, punt to Gilmer 35.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Gilmer 3 and out, punt to GW 37.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:18 PM
QB play for Gilmer below average.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:21 PM
GW good. Dominating LOS.

Gilmer QB needs to settle in.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Long GW run into Gilmer territory.

3rd and 10 from Gilmer 31. Mack run for 5.

4th and 5, 26 yd TD run by Reese. XP is good, 28-21 GW, 6:58 3rd.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Boyd returns KO to Gilmer 30, 1st and 10 Bux.

Big pass to Fluellen to GW 44.

4th and 1 from 22, Lynch keeper for 1st (close).

22 yd Lynch TD run, 2-pt no good. 28-27 GW.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:32 PM
Lynch and Boyd are fun to watch. Truly can take it to the house in any play. 28 - 27 GW.

Gilmer tries another onside kick. I don't like this style of play.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Gilmer on-side kicks again and gets it, but a flag for illegal block by kicking team. Traylor throws hat. Re-kick. Pooch kick, GW recovers.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:40 PM
4:27 3rd, 2nd and 10 GW from own 32.

4th and 3 from 39. Offsetting penalties. Mack carries for 3, 1st down at GW 42.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:43 PM
Holding GW, 1st and 20.

5 yd run Reese.

Big Reese run into Gilmer territory. Flag brings most of it back. End of 3rd qtr.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:45 PM
3rd and 2 from midfield, Mack gets 1st.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:49 PM
1st and 10 GW from Bux 47, McKnight run for 2.

Mack run for 3. 3rd and 5.

Mack run for 3. 4th and 2. Mack hobbled. Two flags down, unsportsmanlike on Gilmer #5... 1st down.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:53 PM
1st and 10 from 25, Polk carries for 4.

Illegal procedure Bears, 2nd and 9. Mack runs for 3. Mack runs for ?. 4th and idk... Timeout GW.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:53 PM
If GW don't pick up a 1st down here Gilmer wins.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:54 PM
4th and 5..... Reese run to the 7... 1st and Goal Bears.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:55 PM
Mack TD run!!!

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 09:56 PM
XP GOOD! 35-27 Bears, around 6:00 left.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Wow! I'm in shock!

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 09:57 PM
Traylor let them score again! Just like last year.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:02 PM
Gilmer block in the back on return. Start at own 6.

Boyd 2yd run. Pass to Smith to around midfield. Timeout. Carter run to GW 38. Run for 3. Carter pass to Fluellen to GW 12. Boyd 12 yd TD run.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:03 PM
2-pt is no good, 35-33 GW.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:04 PM
GW recovers OS kick.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:05 PM
4:11 4th.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:06 PM
Mack for no gain, timeout Gilmer.

Sweetwater Red
Time left? The clowns on the FSFF app keep jacking with the update by posting wrong scores and time.

Dawgs
I have a funny feeling GW is beat

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Time left? The clowns on the FSFF app keep jacking with the update by posting wrong scores and time.

3:56

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Reese run, holding on GW. 2nd and 20. 3:55.

Sweetwater Red
11-28-2014, 10:08 PM
3:56

Thanks

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:09 PM
Reese for 10, 3rd and 10.

Would love to see a GW trick play here.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Reese runs for the 1st to the 27 and shuts it down.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Mack for 6 yds. Mack for 1. Gilmer burns last TO.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 10:11 PM
Not looking good for the Bux

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:13 PM
QB for 1, clock rolling. 4th and 2. Timeout GW. Around 1:12 left.

44INAROW
11-28-2014, 10:14 PM
What's the score?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Measurement upcoming.... Gilmer ball. 1:09 left, no timeouts at own 17.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 10:15 PM
35-33 Gladewater leads Gladewater has ball on 4th down. Gilmer has ball on their own 17

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Hook and lateral to GW 45.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:18 PM
0:32 left.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 10:20 PM
Boyd TD. Dammit.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 10:22 PM
WOOHOO! Gilmer scores with 9 seconds! What a game!!!!!!! 9 seconds left. Get the defiblerator out!

Gilmer 42- 35 over Gladewater!

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow!

Way to go Gilmer, you kept my bracket alive...:)

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 10:25 PM
Wow. I had a funny feeling. Heartbreaking. Reese should have scored on that play. Best team IMO did not win.

44INAROW
11-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Wow!

Way to go Gilmer, you kept my bracket alive...:)

Wow.....congrats Gilmer. Somebody go see if LostAussies' blood pressure s ok😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Phantom Stang
11-28-2014, 10:27 PM
Congrats Buckeyes!

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Gilmer knows how to win. GW still learning. Great game. Awesome win Gilmer. Go win state. Y'all stole one there. Winners know how to win.

bobcat1
11-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Heck of a game and season Gladewater. Awesome win Gilmer!

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 10:57 PM
I'm in no way a GW fan, but why didn't the RB score instead of sliding down?!?! I feel unsatisfied with the outcome. I just don't understand. This is a prime example of 16 and 17 year old kids playing football. Never know what will happen. Gotta love it.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 11:06 PM
I'm in no way a GW fan, but why didn't the RB score instead of sliding down?!?! I feel unsatisfied with the outcome. I just don't understand. This is a prime example of 16 and 17 year old kids playing football. Never know what will happen. Gotta love it.

This one will haunt GW fans for a while...

1. Score the TD and you win.
2. Get another few inches on 4th down, you win.
3. Tackle Boyd on the last play, you win.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 11:08 PM
I think I'm going to throw up. That was the worst beat I have ever witnessed.

poisoned10
11-28-2014, 11:09 PM
I thought I was going to throw up on the field after the game from screaming so much.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 11:09 PM

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 11:11 PM

Btw Gilmer still can't handle physical teams. Nothing has changed.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 11:20 PM
One more thing and I'll let it lie. Gilmer HC on field antics are disgusting. I had forgotten how bad it was. Y'all can say what you want, but deep down you know. One of the reasons Gilmer is the most hated team in ETX. It's a shame too, cause y'all have awesome kids year in and year out.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 11:28 PM
Btw Gilmer still can't handle physical teams. Nothing has changed.

Agreed. Lots of physical teams left too.

Aggie98
11-28-2014, 11:39 PM
I think I'm going to throw up. That was the worst beat I have ever witnessed.

Gilmer played within the rules and had the most points in the end. Congratulations to them and good luck going forward.

Gladewater was better in my book.

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2014, 12:02 AM
Fans around me were leaving in droves even though the game was still in reach. I didn't much think Gilmer was going to win, but it was by no means decided yet.

Now some of them are posting on the other site how ridiculous they feel for leaving with 2 min. to play.

On edit: This reminded me of last year's game against Argyle. Bears seemed to be going downhill and Bux going uphill most of the night. The difference is that Argyle knows how to put teams away. You don't let Gilmer hang around. Argyle is the only team I've seen consistently deal with that and deliver the death blow.

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 12:06 AM
Fans around me were leaving in droves even though the game was still in reach. I didn't much think Gilmer was going to win, but it was by no means decided yet.

Now some of them are posting on the other site how ridiculous they feel for leaving with 2 min. to play.

After I thought Mack had the 1st down, I got my wife up and told her lets walk to the top. We were below the band on the GW side. Lucky there was some standing room. I thought Mack picked up the 1st down. Game of inches.

Aesculus gilmus
11-29-2014, 12:20 AM
The crowd was too large for Lobo Stadium. It was almost an unsafe environment. I had heard earlier in the week that our coach had wanted to play it at SFA. I don't know whether that's true or not.

With gas prices as cheap as they are and it being on a holiday weekend, this would've made perfect sense and there would have been plenty of room for everyone who wanted to attend.

I do understand having the game in close proximity to the two schools, but it was known in advance that this was going to be an unmanageable crowd.

Snotbubbles
11-29-2014, 01:27 AM
Lord, another week of them?

movethechain
11-29-2014, 01:28 AM
One more thing and I'll let it lie. Gilmer HC on field antics are disgusting. I had forgotten how bad it was. Y'all can say what you want, but deep down you know. One of the reasons Gilmer is the most hated team in ETX. It's a shame too, cause y'all have awesome kids year in and year out.

You must have had a terrible childhood, since you obviously never enjoyed watching Championship Wrestling like the rest of us. You shouldn't watch Major League Baseball either. :dispntd:

poisoned10
11-29-2014, 01:30 AM
Lord, another week of them?

Another 3 weeks.

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 02:11 AM
You must have had a terrible childhood, since you obviously never enjoyed watching Championship Wrestling like the rest of us. You shouldn't watch Major League Baseball either. :dispntd:

Now that you mention it I loved wrestling when I was about 12. Thing is I grew up. Traylor never has I guess. Great coach no matter my thoughts about him. If y'all don't mind, I guess it's all good. How bout that game?! I still can't sleep.

movethechain
11-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Now that you mention it I loved wrestling when I was about 12. Thing is I grew up. Traylor never has I guess. Great coach no matter my thoughts about him. If y'all don't mind, I guess it's all good. How bout that game?! I still can't sleep.

Tremendous energy and atmosphere. Gladewater should have won, but in the playoffs, anything can happen and it did. The Bears are a brutal team that executes like a machine and they were a very tough out. Rivalry games like this one tonight are usually close and hard fought and it did not disappoint. I'm still in shock like fans on both sides ... can't believe Gilmer won, can't believe Gladewater lost. It just didn't seem like the outcome was in doubt with 2 minutes left and many fans were already filing out when the impossible happened and history was rewritten. What a game !!!

hollywood
11-29-2014, 02:27 AM
Sweetwater or Celina will give Gilmer all they want and maybe more. Get ready

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 02:36 AM
Tremendous energy and atmosphere. Gladewater should have won, but in the playoffs, anything can happen and it did. The Bears are a brutal team that executes like a machine and they were a very tough out. Rivalry games like this one tonight are usually close and hard fought and it did not disappoint. I'm still in shock like fans on both sides ... can't believe Gilmer won, can't believe Gladewater lost. It just didn't seem like the outcome was in doubt with 2 minutes left and many fans were already filing out when the impossible happened and history was rewritten. What a game !!!

The young men in Gilmer know how to win. That was the difference in the end. GW has a bright future. Seems like that program is on the up. But not there yet. I can see this win propelling the Bucks to a ship. Any championship run has a little luck.

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 02:37 AM
Sweetwater or Celina will give Gilmer all they want and maybe more. Get ready

Won't be able to handle the speed...

hollywood
11-29-2014, 02:40 AM
Won't be able to handle the speed...

Lol... Have you seen or know anything about either? Not only do each have speed, they have discipline! Both well coached teams. You'll see... Same ole story.. No one has speed in Reg 1. SMH

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 02:45 AM
Lol... Have you seen or know anything about either? Not only do each have speed, they have discipline! Both well coached teams. You'll see... Same ole story.. No one has speed in Reg 1. SMH
I don't know anything about either. I was just messing around. All the teams left can beat all the teams left I am sure.

But now that you say something, how do you know either will give Gilmer all they want? Have you seen any of the 3 play? You don't know who will give who all they want.

hollywood
11-29-2014, 02:56 AM
I don't know anything about either. I was just messing around. All the teams left can beat all the teams left I am sure.

But now that you say something, how do you know either will give Gilmer all they want? Have you seen any of the 3 play? You don't know who will give who all they want.

You're a football genius Dawgs! :stirpot:

:wave:

Dawgs
11-29-2014, 02:59 AM
You're a football genius Dawgs! :stirpot:

:wave:

I prolly forgot more than you ever knew. Aren't you a girls soccer coach?

hollywood
11-29-2014, 03:05 AM
I prolly forgot more than you ever knew. Aren't you a girls soccer coach?

Lol.. Ok. And yes, yes I am. Enjoy every minute of it. Football is my first sport. Futbol is my second sport. ;)

orange machine
11-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Speed is not the issue with Celina and never has been. It's a very big misconception with the East Texas brethren. Celina plays a high risk high reward defense. They load the box and play man up with pressure. If you get passed the box you are going to have a huge gain or a td. If you can't get through the box or off the pressure from the db's it's very rewarding. A few East Texas teams such as Daingerfield and Henderson were able to get through and off the pressure.

buckeyebob
11-29-2014, 07:52 AM

What a hatter you are...if you don't like the Bux, quit looking at them

buckeyebob
11-29-2014, 07:54 AM

On edit: This reminded me of last year's game against Argyle. Bears seemed to be going downhill and Bux going uphill most of the night. The difference is that Argyle knows how to put teams away. You don't let Gilmer hang around. Argyle is the only team I've seen consistently deal with that and deliver the death blow.

Gladewater had their chance & did not take the play...the Bux never gave up & took the game from them...that is why we play the game

buckeyebob
11-29-2014, 07:59 AM
The crowd was too large for Lobo Stadium. It was almost an unsafe environment. I had heard earlier in the week that our coach had wanted to play it at SFA. I don't know whether that's true or not.

With gas prices as cheap as they are and it being on a holiday weekend, this would've made perfect sense and there would have been plenty of room for everyone who wanted to attend.

I do understand having the game in close proximity to the two schools, but it was known in advance that this was going to be an unmanageable crowd.

Gladewater's pick...Jeff lost the toss...worst tosser I have ever seen...the Visitors side really sucked...restrooms backed up...the North side had ONE (1) worker in the snack bar, TWO(2) in the South...friend of ours stood in the line for 1-1/2Hrs...I am making phone calls Monday because we gotta go back Friday

buckeyebob
11-29-2014, 08:07 AM
Lol.. Ok. And yes, yes I am. Enjoy every minute of it. Football is my first sport. Futbol is my second sport. ;)

Hollywood knows what he talks about...Dawg knows not...he likes to hate on any team that is successful against the Carthrage Bulldogs...he thinks that when your guy strips the ball from his Dawg, the Dawg said "here, take this ball & run with it"...when his own QB throws an interception, it was a "bonehead play" & they "gave " the ball to the opposition...typical hater

Wonkas_Willy
11-29-2014, 09:15 AM
You would think Gilmer would have more state titles then they do...What with all the "move ins and transfers" ...lol... Kinne/Tuminillo and such like. Gilmer only has two piddly ole titles. Boy, Liberty hill and Navasota spanked their hinnies good in the finals. Navasota made em look slow and average. 39-3 was the final in that one lol

poisoned10
11-29-2014, 09:28 AM
You would think Gilmer would have more state titles then they do...What with all the "move ins and transfers" ...lol... Kinne/Tuminillo and such like. Gilmer only has two piddly ole titles. Boy, Liberty hill and Navasota spanked their hinnies good in the finals. Navasota made em look slow and average. 39-3 was the final in that one lol

I'm happy with what Gilmer has done over the last 14 or 15 years since Jeff has been at Gilmer.

Gilmer has won more games than any other team in 4A and has 4 state championship appearances while winning 2 of them. There are plenty of teams out there that would love to be able to say that about themselves.

Wonkas_Willy
11-29-2014, 09:36 AM
No doubt yall do a good job of getting there, just 50/50 in winning it... Yall might be the best regular season team ever in the state of Tx tho...Which is something

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 09:38 AM

Lots of haters out there. I remember when Celina was the most hated........I envied that. Its a good day to be a BUCKEYE. I'll leave it at that

Wonkas_Willy
11-29-2014, 09:44 AM
Nobody is hatin - yall just don't win state titles equal to the amount of talent yall have. Its almost like Desoto except unlike Desoto yall have at least won 2 ( to your credit) where they cant. Still yall leave a lot on the table but you are dang sure right...Yall get the title for the best regular season/district winning % out there

bobcat1
11-29-2014, 09:47 AM

I'm happy with what Gilmer has done over the last 14 or 15 years since Jeff has been at Gilmer.

Gilmer has won more games than any other team in 4A and has 4 state championship appearances while winning 2 of them. There are plenty of teams out there that would love to be able to say that about themselves.

No doubt yall do a good job of getting there, just 50/50 in winning it... Yall might be the best regular season team ever in the state of Tx tho...Which is something

Lots of haters out there. I remember when Celina was the most hated........I envied that. Its a good day to be a BUCKEYE. I'll leave it at that Hey fellas don't feed the troll. I listened to the end of the game last night and that was a heck of a finish! Congrats! There is still a maybe Celina and Gilmer meet in 2 weeks. But right now both teams still have work to do.:2thumbsup

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 09:48 AM
Its the games you think you should win and don't that bother you the most. Nav and LH were both better than us on those given years......I can live with that. Lots of teams would have loved to have been in our shoes.

RPF2666
11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Nobody is hatin - yall just don't win state titles equal to the amount of talent yall have. Its almost like Desoto except unlike Desoto yall have at least won 2 ( to your credit) where they cant. Still yall leave a lot on the table but you are dang sure right...Yall get the title for the best regular season/district winning % out there

Who is your team? How many times have they been to the state game, lately or otherwise? Sounds pretty hateful!

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Hey fellas don't feed the troll. I listened to the end of the game last night and that was a heck of a finish! Congrats! There is still a maybe Celina and Gilmer meet in 2 weeks. But right now both teams still have work to do.:2thumbsup

I hear ya Bobcat. Actually I'm still trying to catch my breath. First time I ever shed a tear at a dang football game.

Wonkas_Willy
11-29-2014, 09:57 AM
Argyle, Allen, and Aledo

Bullaholic
11-29-2014, 09:59 AM
Congrats to both teams for a great game of East-Texas football, and to a tough and talented Gladewater team for a great season, but especially the Buckeyes---you stood a tough test and won---that is what those who win SC's do, and you proved you belong in that elite group last night.

Wonkas_Willy
11-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Sounds hateful? No hate intended...Stop being so dadgum sensitive, what are you some sorta Oprah watcher or something?

lostaussie
11-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Argyle, Allen, and Aledo

Hell its easy to be a t- shirt fan.

RPF2666
11-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Hell its easy to be a t- shirt fan.

Indeed... congratulations to Gilmer on getting the result... how you got it is just a side bar...