PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Big Spring

Pages : [1] 2

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 01:33 AM
May as well start it!

Game will be played at Shotwell in Abilene next Friday at 2:00 PM.

And..... Go!

Smitty
11-22-2014, 01:39 AM
1 stop could be the difference of winning or losing.

slingshot
11-22-2014, 01:41 AM
Ville will be favored since Stidham is back... but you guys know Big Spring matches up with you well. Dual threat QB, excellent skill position speed, run the read option well. Kind of a more disciplined Estacado. This one may reach 140 points and 1400 yards between the two. Seriously...

Deuce
11-22-2014, 01:42 AM
Can someone add a poll please!

Sville
11-22-2014, 01:43 AM
Will we give up 60 in our 3rd straight playoff game and win? Possible, that would have to be some type of record if so.

slingshot
11-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Very possible.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 01:53 AM
Good thing you Village People gave yourself a few seconds to take a few breaths between games, lol. :vrycnfsd:

hollywood
11-22-2014, 01:58 AM
I will give a lot of credit to the Estacado offense, they are the best offense I've seen the Jackets play against this season. At least tonight they were. I couldn't count on 2 hands how many play makers they had on the offensive side of the ball. A little exagerated but close enough perspective. Think Everman but with a QB that could throw strong and consistantly accurate with the ability to take it to the house every time he touched the ball. Very dangerous team.

toddg
11-22-2014, 09:38 AM
got the feeling there will be a lot of BS on this thread...you cant BS a BSer!!

slingshot
11-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Told you. They are always ridiculously talented... I'm very disappointed that I have to miss the 'The Ville vs The Spring III'. This should be an absolute barn burner.

Sville
11-22-2014, 09:53 AM
got the feeling there will be a lot of BS on this thread...you cant BS a BSer!!

"Your eyes might shine, and your teeth may glitter, but you wont out bullsh** an old bullshi***r"

toddg
11-22-2014, 10:00 AM
"your eyes might shine, and your teeth may glitter, but you wont out bullsh** an old bullshi***r"

​lol!!!

hollywood
11-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Told you. They are always ridiculously talented... I'm very disappointed that I have to miss the 'The Ville vs The Spring III'. This should be an absolute barn burner.

No KIDDING!

hollywood
11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
"Your eyes might shine, and your teeth may glitter, but you wont out bullsh** an old bullshi***r"

LOL... That's some funny bullsh** right there! :D

hollywood
11-22-2014, 10:52 AM
We need a poll mods. Please!

slingshot
11-22-2014, 11:41 AM
After thinking about it... I'll pick Stephenville to pull another one out of their b... err, hat to win 78-72. BTW, 6 man called and want their scores back.

Sville
11-22-2014, 12:13 PM
After thinking about it... I'll pick Stephenville to pull another one out of their b... err, hat to win 78-72. BTW, 6 man called and want their scores back.

We dont have to play good defense just good enough.

TheDOCTORdre
11-22-2014, 12:19 PM

Or no defense and just have the ball last.... :D

But seriously, I saw the first meeting between these 2 and wish I didn't have to work Friday so that I could see the rematch. Should be fun to watch.

Was at the Big Spring/Andrews game last night and that was a fun game to watch but it was clear that BS was better

Bullaholic
11-22-2014, 12:31 PM

I have read a lot of posts about Sville having a giving defense. I got to say that the Bulls have lived/died with the high-powered offense, outscore/outlast em' and beat em' to the scoreboard philosophy since the early 90's. I think Danny Henson of Bridgeport was one of the first 3A coaches to implement the spread and outscore the other team gameplan. This is hard for old school, defense minded fans to accept to the point that they don't even consider this concept as real football. I can tell you that it has been more fun to watch this offense-minded game strategy over the last 21 years than anything I have ever watched in high school sports. The Bulls have never risen to the heights of Stephenville in football, but Bulls fans have been treated to the most exciting, gut-wrenching, and never boring games like the Jackets have played in the last 2 weeks every week for years. So don't be too hard on the Jackets---just close your eyes now and then and watch the magic happen when the lightning strikes for 4 quarters or more---if your hearts don't fail....:D

BTW---I think with a 100% healthy Stidham, that the Jackets move on for another week, although I think this game will be another barn-burner......

Jacket97
11-22-2014, 12:52 PM
I have read a lot of posts about Sville having a giving defense. I got to say that the Bulls have lived/died with the high-powered offense, outscore/outlast em' and beat em' to the scoreboard philosophy since the early 90's. I think Danny Henson of Bridgeport was one of the first 3A coaches to implement the spread and outscore the other team gameplan. This is hard for old school, defense minded fans to accept to the point that they don't even consider this concept as real football. I can tell you that it has been more fun to watch this offense-minded game strategy over the last 21 years than anything I have ever watched in high school sports. The Bulls have never risen to the heights of Stephenville in football, but Bulls fans have been treated to the most exciting, gut-wrenching, and never boring games like the Jackets have played in the last 2 weeks every week for years. So don't be too hard on the Jackets---just close your eyes now and then and watch the magic happen when the lightning strikes for 4 quarters or more---if your hearts don't fail....:D

BTW---I think with a 100% healthy Stidham, that the Jackets move on for another week, although I think this game will be another barn-burner......

You get it. Others don't; I don't think. While I would like to see our Jackets play better "D" at times, this is an offensive minded team. When you can score every single possession of the game; it can be just that. A 75-72 victory is just as good as a 3-0 victory. Just alot more excitement involved. It is who this team is, I think they understand that; I think our coaches understand that and I think our fans-though still probably wanting to see better play on defense...at least at times, understand it. Go ahead, score on us...we will score on you back lol. Big Spring is the same type of team, I think our "D" is just a tad bit better than BS "D". With that I will go with a 70-62 ball game going to the Jackets. It will be epic and awesome. Difference will be that the Jackets won't turn the ball over this game, I don't see any INT's happening late in the game in this go around.

And thank you for your post Bullaholic...I enjoyed it.

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 01:21 PM
You get it. Others don't; I don't think. While I would like to see our Jackets play better "D" at times, this is an offensive minded team. When you can score every single possession of the game; it can be just that. A 75-72 victory is just as good as a 3-0 victory. Just alot more excitement involved. It is who this team is, I think they understand that; I think our coaches understand that and I think our fans-though still probably wanting to see better play on defense...at least at times, understand it. Go ahead, score on us...we will score on you back lol. Big Spring is the same type of team, I think our "D" is just a tad bit better than BS "D". With that I will go with a 70-62 ball game going to the Jackets. It will be epic and awesome. Difference will be that the Jackets won't turn the ball over this game, I don't see any INT's happening late in the game in this go around.

And thank you for your post Bullaholic...I enjoyed it.

Yes great posts both of you! FYI - When Jarrett was put in they were 10 for 10 on scoring drives. Also A GREAT STAT - Jarrett has been intercepted ONE time all season long and I believe that was in the first game. The naysayers aren't ready.... GO JACKETS!

stardog
11-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Please take the Stephenville threads to a basketball thread - its football season ! Are you playing 6 man ?

jason
11-22-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes great posts both of you! FYI - When Jarrett was put in they were 10 for 10 on scoring drives. Also A GREAT STAT - Jarrett has been intercepted ONE time all season long and I believe that was in the first game. The naysayers aren't ready.... GO JACKETS!

He threw one late vs cooper

slingshot
11-22-2014, 02:08 PM
This one REALLY needs a poll!

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 02:40 PM
He threw one late vs cooper

Then that is the 1 int

Jacket97
11-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Where are the BS posters? I would really like to know how they feel going into this game. It will be a blow out at both ends of the field to be sure of. But do they believe the Jarrett will really make that much of a difference. All I had heard from the last game was why do we think we would win with Jarrett in at QB? He doesn't play defense...so what is the take Big Spring fans have on this game?

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Please take the Stephenville threads to a basketball thread - its football season ! Are you playing 6 man ?

Please don't start. No one cares about your mess.

Sville
11-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Great posts Bull and 97, this is who we are this season and might as well embrace it and enjoy the ride.

stardog
11-22-2014, 05:00 PM
Please don't start. No one cares about your mess.

Hey village man just a little humor for those high scoring games ya'll play.

Benchwarmer
11-22-2014, 05:01 PM

You do realize there are 10 other kids out there busting there butts when you hero is out there too. Theres also a kid that busted his butt to get Stephenville where it is when your hero was hurt. Theres 11 other kids on the defensive side of the ball busting there butts to do the best they can only to get there balls busted on a public message board. Theres also kids busting the butts as subs and an entire coaching staff busting there butts to put those kids in the best position they can to win a state championship. Your hero mentality that one kid is doing this all by himself is getting old and you haven't been here long. I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out if you are an actual family member or the girlfeinds dads seeing dollar signs in his eyes if his hero makes the big time.

Please enlighten me to a post you made in a previous thread and explain to me why you think your hero is not just going to tech because of the girlfriend?

briandumith*
11-22-2014, 05:06 PM
https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10391391_10205461903850201_7768792866038121571_n.j pg?oh=2186691e2e8fdd53d3e5c0f4f9e9e6cb&oe=551E6F09
From Garrett Crew's Mother..

Deuce
11-22-2014, 05:12 PM
You do realize there are 10 other kids out there busting there butts when you hero is out there too. Theres also a kid that busted his butt to get Stephenville where it is when your hero was hurt. Theres 11 other kids on the defensive side of the ball busting there butts to do the best they can only to get there balls busted on a public message board. Theres also kids busting the butts as subs and an entire coaching staff busting there butts to put those kids in the best position they can to win a state championship. Your hero mentality that one kid is doing this all by himself is getting old and you haven't been here long. I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out if you are an actual family member or the girlfeinds dads seeing dollar signs in his eyes if his hero makes the big time

Please enlighten me to a post you made in a previous thread and explain to me why you think your hero is not just going to tech because of the girlfriend?

:1popcorn:

Sville
11-22-2014, 08:30 PM
You do realize there are 10 other kids out there busting there butts when you hero is out there too. Theres also a kid that busted his butt to get Stephenville where it is when your hero was hurt. Theres 11 other kids on the defensive side of the ball busting there butts to do the best they can only to get there balls busted on a public message board. Theres also kids busting the butts as subs and an entire coaching staff busting there butts to put those kids in the best position they can to win a state championship. Your hero mentality that one kid is doing this all by himself is getting old and you haven't been here long. I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out if you are an actual family member or the girlfeinds dads seeing dollar signs in his eyes if his hero makes the big time.

Damn you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I believe he has already stated he is JS's brother. He is just proud of him as I am sure you would be too if JS was your family member.

regaleagle
11-22-2014, 08:44 PM
Actually, I see this game as being decided by the defenses. The defense that makes more than one stop per half wins. :D :smoker:

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Regal, i think you should have said whoever makes the first stop wins the game. It might be in OT.

football8
11-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Damn you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? I believe he has already stated he is JS's brother. He is just proud of him as I am sure you would be too if JS was your family member.

I don't think he is JS's brother.

Benchwarmer
11-22-2014, 10:30 PM

I don't think it is either but who knows, my point is if he wants to jump on the Stephenville bandwagon the jump on for the whole team and coaching staff. Sville shouldn't you be working on those 3rd and 4th down and long defensive schemes and a list of the best athletes to put on the field on those defensive downs?

football8
11-22-2014, 10:30 PM

On second thought, he is.

football8
11-22-2014, 10:32 PM
I don't think it is either but who knows, my point is if he wants to jump on the Stephenville bandwagon the jump on for the whole team and coaching staff. Sville shouldn't you be working on those 3rd and 4th down and long defensive schemes and a list of the best athletes to put on the field on those defensive downs?

We will be fine. We have been since about '89.

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 10:49 PM

I am, but I don't have to prove myself to anyone. 1st off I am always the first one to get on here and defend this entire team, on all ends of the ball, from this forums BS. It isn't about jumping on anyone's bandwagon, I love this entire team. I have driven up from San Antonio at about every week to support this team and my brother. All I did was add my two cents about how Jarrett being in this game helped things out. I have said it once and I'll say it again, we wouldn't be where we are without Chavy and the team getting us there. Sui me for giving great stats from a well fought game.

football8
11-22-2014, 10:52 PM
I am, but I don't have to prove myself to anyone. 1st off I am always the first one to get on here and defend this entire team, on all ends of the ball, from this forums BS. It isn't about jumping on anyone's bandwagon, I love this entire team. I have driven up from San Antonio at about every week to support this team and my brother. All I did was add my two cents about how Jarrett being in this game helped things out. I have said it once and I'll say it again, we wouldn't be where we are without Chavy and the team getting us there. Sui me for giving great stats from a well fought game.

You're all good here4Villa. You bonafide.

Benchwarmer
11-22-2014, 10:57 PM

Hello JS, hope all is well. We sure miss you on the basketball team. Your dodging the Tech question, why is he going there if its not because of the gf?

Caprocker
11-22-2014, 11:17 PM
Where are the BS posters? I would really like to know how they feel going into this game. It will be a blow out at both ends of the field to be sure of. But do they believe the Jarrett will really make that much of a difference. All I had heard from the last game was why do we think we would win with Jarrett in at QB? He doesn't play defense...so what is the take Big Spring fans have on this game?

We feel good, Jarrett will make a difference , it will be a battle.. We hear that It's on.

here4Villa
11-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Hello JS, hope all is well. We sure miss you on the basketball team. Your dodging the Tech question, why is he going there if its not because of the gf?

Lol. Not that brother, the older brother lol. But JS is doing great in College Station. If you wanna talk tech let's open a thread about that in the college forum. I'm here to discuss Ville and Big Spring, which I think is gonna be awesome.

Sville
11-23-2014, 12:07 AM

Wow, are you a smart ass all the time or just when you can post anomalously on the board?

Let me start, Hi I am Cody Derrick who do I have the pleasure of chatting with?

briandumith*
11-23-2014, 12:57 AM
You know if I had to pick four teams to be left in this region when the season began.. It would be these four for sure...This is one good thing that comes out of so many teams making the playoffs in each district...Region 1 is the best IMO....

here4Villa
11-23-2014, 01:01 AM
you know if i had to pick four teams to be left in this region when the season began.. It would be these four for sure...this is one good thing that comes out of so many teams making the playoffs in each district...region 1 is the best imo....

^^^this^^^

slingshot
11-23-2014, 01:41 AM
You know if I had to pick four teams to be left in this region when the season began.. It would be these four for sure...This is one good thing that comes out of so many teams making the playoffs in each district...Region 1 is the best IMO....I wish I could say this--at the beginning of the season I thought Stephenville was the obvious pick to win it all, knew Big Spring was going to be really good with Tannehill returning and that Graham was going to be there too. Was not so sure about Wylie--knew we had the potential to be good but wasn't sure with the ridiculous schedule we had it could be realized. Even though the talent was there, we only had one returning starter on the O-line and all of our skill postion players were new. Did believe the D was going to be salty.
Well, here we are going into Thanksgiving, Stephenville could still win it all with their offense--will ultimately depend on their defense though IMO, think 2010 Brownwood Lions. No matter how good your offense is, more than likely somewhere in the playoffs your O will be slowed and your D has to step up.
Big Spring is in much the same situation--they have a fantastic dual threat QB in Tannehill and an offense that can (and does) score from anywhere on the field. A lot of folks outside West Texas don't realize how dangerous this team is. I know Stephenville does. Again at some point their D has to step up and win a game.
This is going to be a very good matchup--any of you East, Central or South Texas guys having to travel to anywhere close to Abilene for Turkey Day should slip away and catch this one...

2muchOffense
11-23-2014, 04:52 AM
Who knows, the state champ could very likely be one of these four teams. All the trash talk aside, anyone of these teams could knock the other one out. It's all about matchups and how the ball bounces. Like any homer I'm going to back my team, but I wouldn't be surprised by whomever advances to the semifinals. I do know the winner of region 1 will definitely be battle tested.

D'Highlander
11-23-2014, 06:39 AM

how much you bench?

😘

Jacket97
11-23-2014, 08:51 AM
Regal, i think you should have said whoever makes the first stop wins the game. It might be in OT.

Maybe on a two point conversion....we are really good at stopping those when we are defense.

Benchwarmer
11-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Lol. Not that brother, the older brother lol. But JS is doing great in College Station. If you wanna talk tech let's open a thread about that in the college forum. I'm here to discuss Ville and Big Spring, which I think is gonna be awesome.

No clue there was an older brother. Js is the real deal and agree with other posters you should be proud. None of my business so I will leave other subject alone. Just figured the kid would want to play somewhere better. Jackets roll in this one, I don't think it will be as close as everyone thinks.

Benchwarmer
11-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Wow, are you a smart ass all the time or just when you can post anomalously on the board?

Oh cool, the name calling has started. Here's a novel idea, click on my user id - go to all posts and you can judge for yourself. I am an avid supporter of the Yellowjackets/Honeybees players coaches etc. I'm not on one site blowing smoke up the coaches rear and on another site critiquing what needs to be done. I am a 100% supporter everywhere. Nuff said your not worth the time.

Sville
11-23-2014, 09:36 AM
Oh cool, the name calling has started. Here's a novel idea, click on my user id - go to all posts and you can judge for yourself. I am an avid supporter of the Yellowjackets/Honeybees players coaches etc. I'm not on one site blowing smoke up the coaches rear and on another site critiquing what needs to be done. I am a 100% supporter everywhere. Nuff said your not worth the time.

First off where did I call you name? I asked if you were this way all the time or just behind a keyboard. Any coaches that read SYJ.com read this one too. I have nothing to hide and it is nothing I wouldn't ask them when we talk. I will agree with what you are implying. Those thoughts or opinions I posted should be relegated to those private conversations, and not on a message board.

But I digress you will talk crap about me on here and will prolly come up and speak nice to me if we ever meet. No different than the coach bashers. Oh and I did go back thru some of your posts, my best guess is a coach spouse. So I am sure you will want to get the last word in, go ahead, I am moving on to the game.

Benchwarmer
11-23-2014, 11:15 AM
First off where did I call you name? I asked if you were this way all the time or just behind a keyboard. Any coaches that read SYJ.com read this one too. I have nothing to hide and it is nothing I wouldn't ask them when we talk. I will agree with what you are implying. Those thoughts or opinions I posted should be relegated to those private conversations, and not on a message board.

But I digress you will talk crap about me on here and will prolly come up and speak nice to me if we ever meet. No different than the coach bashers. Oh and I did go back thru some of your posts, my best guess is a coach spouse. So I am sure you will want to get the last word in, go ahead, I am moving on to the game.

last word

Smitty
11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Well, here we go again Ville/Big Spring! What else can be said about this matchup? All I know is I can hardly wait for Friday to get here. Two teams stuffed with talent all over the field, two teams with rich traditions and it's a cryin shame only one will continue the quest this season. I wish that both teams and all the fans have a great Thanksgiving to get prepared for this matchup on Friday afternoon. Safe travels to all and let's have a game to remember!

toddg
11-23-2014, 12:39 PM
Well, here we go again Ville/Big Spring! What else can be said about this matchup? All I know is I can hardly wait for Friday to get here. Two teams stuffed with talent all over the field, two teams with rich traditions and it's a cryin shame only one will continue the quest this season. I wish that both teams and all the fans have a great Thanksgiving to get prepared for this matchup on Friday afternoon. Safe travels to all and let's have a game to remember!
+1 Smitty!!

Caprocker
11-23-2014, 01:20 PM

Post of the year by a ville poster..kudos and agreed

hollywood
11-23-2014, 01:33 PM
Jsaskwdbbmjn

Smitty
11-23-2014, 01:40 PM
Jsaskwdbbmjn

Greek to me!

Jacket97
11-23-2014, 01:43 PM
last word

I don't get your trends. Sville is the biggest Yellow Jacket/HoneyBee supporter I know online. On any site/every site, every post I see. It is a shame he doesn't have more recoginition for all the work he does. He always expresses how much admiration he has for the players, the coaches and our community.

Jarrett Stidham may be the greatest QB to come out of Stephenville yet. And there have been so many greats come out of Stephenville before him. Brandon Stewart, Glenn O'Dell, Kelan Luker, Kendal Briles, Tyler Jones ect ect ect. Several components make up a football team. Some are just componets and some are Key Conponents. Jarrett is a KEY CONPONENT. Not to say that Chavvy did not do great as a back up, he did and that is why we are still playing Thanksgiving weekend.

On the defensive side of the ball, I see the kids on the field playing extreamly hard. As a product of the program, I know how hard these boys work week in and week out. I know how many hours and the devotion our coaching staff puts into game planning for opposing offenses. But that doesn't take the 60 points Estacado scored off the board either. On 3rd/4th down and long situations; there is faster players that could be put on defense to help get defensive stands. I will never second guess our coaching staff and I am sure there is reasons for not doing subs on 3rd or 4th and long with more speed to cover. They work too hard not to get right or for me to second guess...Estacado had more speed than us, yes? That shouldn't be taken as a statement to get defensive about; it was simply the truth. It is why they put 60 points on the board.

Sville is a great guy with a passion for Stephenville Football. He supports the coaches, the kids and everyone involved with Stephenville Football and stands up to others that don't on Forums like this one and I am sure in person as well. It seems to me that you too are a great Stephenville fan. So I just don't understand your posts. And also; please don't put down the role of the Hero. Is it just all Jarrett...no of course not and I don't think any true Stephenville fan thinks that; but he plays the Hero role and he does well. So don't take that away from him either. He is this teams leader, just as some of the other QB's I mentioned above. It was ok that they played the "Hero" role, and it is ok that Jarrett is the one that is playing that role this season.

defense51
11-23-2014, 02:08 PM
how much you bench?

😘

:spitlol:

hollywood
11-23-2014, 03:04 PM
I don't get your trends. Sville is the biggest Yellow Jacket/HoneyBee supporter I know online. On any site/every site, every post I see. It is a shame he doesn't have more recoginition for all the work he does. He always expresses how much admiration he has for the players, the coaches and our community.

Jarrett Stidham may be the greatest QB to come out of Stephenville yet. And there have been so many greats come out of Stephenville before him. Brandon Stewart, Glenn O'Dell, Kelan Luker, Kendal Briles, Tyler Jones ect ect ect. Several components make up a football team. Some are just componets and some are Key Conponents. Jarrett is a KEY CONPONENT. Not to say that Chavvy did not do great as a back up, he did and that is why we are still playing Thanksgiving weekend.

On the defensive side of the ball, I see the kids on the field playing extreamly hard. As a product of the program, I know how hard these boys work week in and week out. I know how many hours and the devotion our coaching staff puts into game planning for opposing offenses. But that doesn't take the 60 points Estacado scored off the board either. On 3rd/4th down and long situations; there is faster players that could be put on defense to help get defensive stands. I will never second guess our coaching staff and I am sure there is reasons for not doing subs on 3rd or 4th and long with more speed to cover. They work too hard not to get right or for me to second guess...Estacado had more speed than us, yes? That shouldn't be taken as a statement to get defensive about; it was simply the truth. It is why they put 60 points on the board.

Sville is a great guy with a passion for Stephenville Football. He supports the coaches, the kids and everyone involved with Stephenville Football and stands up to others that don't on Forums like this one and I am sure in person as well. It seems to me that you too are a great Stephenville fan. So I just don't understand your posts. And also; please don't put down the role of the Hero. Is it just all Jarrett...no of course not and I don't think any true Stephenville fan thinks that; but he plays the Hero role and he does well. So don't take that away from him either. He is this teams leader, just as some of the other QB's I mentioned above. It was ok that they played the "Hero" role, and it is ok that Jarrett is the one that is playing that role this season.

Great post Jacket97!! To add, Cody is a great man that is committed to supporting the Yellow Jackets. It's HS football for crying out loud. He's an active citizen in our community and much respect for the young man! (That one's for you Sville ;))

Smitty
11-23-2014, 03:53 PM
Great post Jacket97!! To add, Cody is a great man that is committed to supporting the Yellow Jackets. It's HS football for crying out loud. He's an active citizen in our community and much respect for the young man! (That one's for you Sville ;))

Agreed:2thumbsup

toddg
11-23-2014, 08:26 PM
I concur, and I might add.. He is a first responder.. He serves the community of Stephenville! And I always look fwd to Cody's Corner.. Very well thought out analysis on upcoming Jacket games and opponents.

here4Villa
11-23-2014, 08:28 PM
ARGHHH!?! Is it Friday yet!?!

hollywood
11-23-2014, 10:17 PM
ARGHHH!?! Is it Friday yet!?!

It's on!

Sville
11-23-2014, 10:21 PM
I have officially set the over/under at 100. What you got?

jason
11-23-2014, 10:29 PM

JVDAD
11-23-2014, 10:56 PM
I am going with 107

Roughneck93
11-23-2014, 11:02 PM

hollywood
11-24-2014, 12:01 AM

Sv-70
bs-56

defense51
11-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Probably end up being a 14-10 type game...:thinking:

Ville-D
11-24-2014, 01:15 AM
First to 65 wins... This one is a sprint not a marathon.

stephenSville 70
big springS 52

2muchOffense
11-24-2014, 01:31 AM
I think the coaches on both sides have had the time to review film and and make a few defensive adjustments. We might see a few more defensive stops, I'm going with the under!

Jackets 45
Steers 35

Smitty
11-24-2014, 07:17 AM
Jackets have to score at least 60 to keep the streak going. Get a couple fumble recoveries and score 60! Its a win every time.

Jacket97
11-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Last week the Jackets scored TD's on 10 of its 12 possessions. This week I would to see them score on 11 of the 12 possessions; with a kneel at the end.

hollywood
11-24-2014, 09:57 AM
js

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3EOYZtCIAA6zbX.jpg:large

hollywood
11-24-2014, 10:11 AM
askwdb
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/a2/4a27941f-8e9e-5f3c-bee2-b5e5c2e1c38b/54265de8a9cac.image.jpg
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/c/05/c050f550-276a-531e-ba79-1ff62b53114f/54704722e9aa9.image.jpg?resize=300%2C188

hollywood
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
bmjn
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/03/05/1130BSvsSville0076_3298044_ver1.0_640_480.JPG
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/66/366d7b5f-8255-5afc-b165-1046217f8f6a/542c047e4d5f8.image.jpg

defense51
11-24-2014, 12:10 PM
I'm thinking both these teams would flourish in an Arena Football League... :D All joking aside, with #1 running the offense for Stephenville, I think they win by a td, maybe two.

toddg
11-24-2014, 03:28 PM
js

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3EOYZtCIAA6zbX.jpg:large
he has a very strong, accurate arm...but, the reason he had well over 20 major D1 programs offering him...the young man can run like an elite RB as well..the epitome of a dual threat QB!!...why did he pick Texas Tech?...probably for various reasons that, only he and those close to him know..but, like it, or not..the power in reg.1 shifted the moment he stepped on the field against Estacado and proved he was healthy..and, much to the chagrin of opposing Ds..well rested and fresh!! yeah, there are 10 other players on the Jacket offense who contribute greatly..he elevates their play as well..enhances their strengths..so..pick your poisen..Blitz, and #5 and #24 will have big days, play the pass and #24 will churn out the realestate..play solid D all around..he will have a big running day and hit passes to 5 different recievers..better have an O that can keep pace for 4 qtrs...i think the Jacket D rises up this friday and Stephenville beats BS with suprising ease..i may very well be wrong..but, i doubt it.

hollywood
11-24-2014, 03:40 PM
he has a very strong, accurate arm...but, the reason he had well over 20 major D1 programs offering him...the young man can run like an elite RB as well..the epitome of a dual threat QB!!...why did he pick Texas Tech?...probably for various reasons that, only he and those close to him know..but, like it, or not..the power in reg.1 shifted the moment he stepped on the field against Estacado and proved he was healthy..and, much to the chagrin of opposing Ds..well rested and fresh!! yeah, there are 10 other players on the Jacket offense who contribute greatly..he elevates their play as well..enhances their strengths..so..pick your poisen..Blitz, and #5 and #24 will have big days, play the pass and #24 will churn out the realestate..play solid D all around..he will have a big running day and hit passes to 5 different recievers..better have an O that can keep pace for 4 qtrs...i think the Jacket D rises up this friday and Stephenville beats BS with suprising ease..i may very well be wrong..but, i doubt it.

Well thought out post with great insight toddg! Who'd you talk to on the inside??? :thinking:

:D

I agree 100%.

defense51
11-24-2014, 06:21 PM
Well thought out post with great insight toddg! Who'd you talk to on the inside??? :thinking:

I agree 100%. ToddG has a football brain, he would have made a great coach!

the Ville 89
11-24-2014, 08:54 PM

Great insight Toddg...you may very well have missed your calling as a Coach. You do love you some Jarrett and so do I!!! Curious have you ever met the young man? He is an even better person than he is Football PLAYER.

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Where is all the talk about this game!?! It's Tuesday, thought by now there would be at least a couple fights... Lol jkkkk

hollywood
11-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Good article.

http://www.mrt.com/sports/article_0382f2d4-72be-11e4-b44a-0f625003c4e6.html

Who's this stud QB for Stephenville everyone keeps talking about?!

slingshot
11-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Where is all the talk about this game!?! It's Tuesday, thought by now there would be at least a couple fights... Lol jkkkkHere's some talk... in the 1st game I heard Tannehill was slowed by an ankle injury and really didn't run much on Ville--he just let his RB's do the damage (LOTS of damage--one went for ~300 yds). Now he's healthy and ready to run all over the field like last year. Get ready to chase him. He will be the most dangerous dual threat QB you have faced this year and probably the fastest. Not as strong as the Estacado QB but is faster (10.6 100 meters/21.5 200 meters) and very elusive. This will be a high scoring game (big surprise).

hollywood
11-25-2014, 11:42 AM
3-4A well-represented in the postseason

PHIL RIDDLE/E-T

Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:00 am

By PHIL RIDDLE phil.riddle@empiretribune.com Twitter @ETSports

It’s been an impressive run through the playoffs for teams from District 3-4A.

As with all 4A districts, four teams made the postseason tournament but unlike most leagues within the University Interscholastic League, three of them are still alive in the chase for a state title.

That will change this weekend as two of the remaining three will face each other. Stephenville, 8-3, and Big Spring, 9-2, square off in a rematch of the regular season meeting.

The winner of that game will take on the winner of the highly anticipated matchup of Abilene Wylie, the 3-4A champion, and Graham, the winner of District 4. That means there’s a possibility that two of the four District 3 teams that made the playoffs will face each other in the regional round.

Last week’s results saw Stephenville outlast Lubbock Estacado 69-60, marking the triumphant, and surprising, return of starting QB Jarrett Stidham; Big Spring avenged a regular season loss to Andrews by knocking off the Mustangs, 48-34, and Wyle had little trouble with Levelland, exploding for a 75-21 victory.

Stephenville (8-3) vs. Big Spring (9-2)
The Yellow Jackets’s offense has been afire all through the playoffs, but the return of injured senior quarterback Jarrett Stidham marked a return to Stephenville’s variable-threat offense, that featured rushing, passing and receiving aspects that were virtually unstoppable by the Matadors.

Add to that, the opportunity for some revenge of their own for the Steers’ 64-57 regular season win and the ‘Jackets’ motivation shouldn’t be lacking. Plus, it will be the first time Big Spring has faced the SHS starting quarterback for a whole game.

Stidham, knocked out of the Big Spring game in the opening offensive possession, passed for 341 yards and six touchdowns last week and ran for touchdowns of 17, 21 and 50 yards.

The Steers’ quarterback was also effective in different aspects of the win over Andrews.

Steers’ QB Tobyn Tannehill ran for 149 yards and a score, while completing 10 of 17 passes for 162 yards and a pick.

But as was the case against Stephenville earlier this season, the Big Spring running attack was the impetus for the win.

Preston Alexander racked up more than 100 yards on the ground and scored four times.

Abilene Wylie (10-2) vs. Graham (10-2)

Both teams sport identical records.

Both teams have stifling defenses.

And both teams have offenses that can either grind out wins or explode for lots of yards and points.

The Bulldogs have won nine straight since losing to the Steers in the season’s third week. The 18-7 loss to Graham marked the lowest offensive of the year for Wylie, which, since then has erupted for 347 points.

The harmless 21 points put up by Levelland last week was the most the WHS defense has allowed since Argyle beat the ‘Dogs 34-28 in the season opener.

Graham, which eliminated District 3-4A’s fourth playoff team in Brownwood in the bi-district round, has been almost as stingy on defense. Decatur surprised the Steers with a 48-point effort in the last week of the regular season, but other than that, Argyle ‘s 35 in Week 4 was the most GHS allowed.

Offensively, Graham has been a juggernaut, topping 40 points seven times, including both previous playoff games.

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/sports/a-well-represented-in-the-postseason/article_d8e1c203-ca4e-58a6-9643-9930c39f86d6.html

hollywood
11-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Here's some talk... in the 1st game I heard Tannehill was slowed by an ankle injury and really didn't run much on Ville--he just let his RB's do the damage (LOTS of damage--one went for ~300 yds). Now he's healthy and ready to run all over the field like last year. Get ready to chase him. He will be the most dangerous dual threat QB you have faced this year and probably the fastest. Not as strong as the Estacado QB but is faster (10.6 100 meters/21.5 200 meters) and very elusive. This will be a high scoring game (big surprise).

Tannehill is good and quick. Estacado's Tennison and Decatur's Myles were just as good and quick IMO. Actually Tennison was the most accurate passer of the 3.

Bullaholic
11-25-2014, 11:52 AM
Where is all the talk about this game!?! It's Tuesday, thought by now there would be at least a couple fights... Lol jkkkk

Well, go up on the Graham thread and tell bearbear that somebody on this thread made references to the fact that the Steers ain't got none....:D

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Here's some talk... in the 1st game I heard Tannehill was slowed by an ankle injury and really didn't run much on Ville--he just let his RB's do the damage (LOTS of damage--one went for ~300 yds). Now he's healthy and ready to run all over the field like last year. Get ready to chase him. He will be the most dangerous dual threat QB you have faced this year and probably the fastest. Not as strong as the Estacado QB but is faster (10.6 100 meters/21.5 200 meters) and very elusive. This will be a high scoring game (big surprise).

Just like everyone wants to bash the defense of Stephenville, Big Springs D is no better, especially against a high powered offense. I believe one stop is all Ville needs, then this game could blow wide open. I don't think it's going to be as close as many think, but I have been wrong before. Tannehill may not have ran, but neither did Jarrett nor did Kaegun have one of his stellar games. Tannehill is good but containable. Jackets just need to make some key stops. I would say I wish tomorrow was Friday, but I'm looking forward to some good grub on Thursday with the family. I'll prolly pick Jarretts brain a little too.

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 12:02 PM
Oh and Big Spring #32 - beast RB

D'Highlander
11-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Just like everyone wants to bash the defense of Stephenville, Big Springs D is no better.

The difference is the Big Spring posters haven't been on here defending their D and saying it is good like the Ville posters have...

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 12:17 PM
The difference is the Big Spring posters haven't been on here defending their D and saying it is good like the Ville posters have...

And when was that? I haven't seen that at all? We know where are weaknesses are. We get some key stops but let ALOT slip through the cracks, especially in the secondary.but our kids work hard just like every other team. I defend them from this forums crap, but certainly know the weaknesses just like the kids themselves do.

Jacket97
11-25-2014, 12:38 PM

I will take Stephenville's defense vs Big Springs offense before I would take Big Spring's defense vs Stephenville's offense! We don't have to be good; just good enough!

D'Highlander
11-25-2014, 12:43 PM
And when was that? I haven't seen that at all?

Obviously you haven't been reading this board for very long...

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Obviously you haven't been reading this board for very long...

Since playoffs have started do you may be right.

Jacket97
11-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Actually, there hasn't been just a whole lot of Big Spring posters.

hollywood
11-25-2014, 01:08 PM

I don't remember anything about Ville posters beating their chests about how great the D is. Are they great? No... Are they good? Yes... it's a good solid defense overall. Great players and a great unit. It's the big plays against explosive offenses they just kill them. But the majority of the snaps of the football, they make stops or slow the offenses down enough to fource a third and long or a punt. But guess what... teams have seen enough film of the weaknesses which are the big plays to the secondary that keep the oppenents drives alive. So if I were the other team, I'd never go down field on 3rd and long and fourth and long... never punting the ball. The chances of converting are high. I'll defend these kids because I know they work hard and need just another game of a great performance to gain thier Wardog mojo back. I know one thing... they'll give up as long as their is time on the game clock!

JVDAD
11-25-2014, 01:15 PM
I think when people see a high scoring ballgame they incorrectly make the assumption that the defense stinks. When two good read-option offenses go head to head points are going to be scored, as the offense is designed to take what the defense allows and if the defense is trying to prevent the big play there is a lot underneath throw in no huddle and it becomes a track meet. Not to say that it can't be shutdown, just saying a good defense might give up a bunch to a good read option

JVDAD
11-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Didn't quite finish the thought but you get the idea....

slingshot
11-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I think when people see a high scoring ballgame they incorrectly make the assumption that the defense stinks. When two good read-option offenses go head to head points are going to be scored, as the offense is designed to take what the defense allows and if the defense is trying to prevent the big play there is a lot underneath throw in no huddle and it becomes a track meet. Not to say that it can't be shutdown, just saying a good defense might give up a bunch to a good read option

I don't know... Wylie's D gave 13 points TOTAL to Big Spring and Stephenville. That may be the most outstanding stat I've seen all year. And before the Ville-age people pile on, I know it would be different with Stidham at the helm. Still an outstanding achievement by a very focused group of young men...

hollywood
11-25-2014, 01:38 PM
I don't know... Wylie's D gave 13 points TOTAL to Big Spring and Stephenville. That may be the most outstanding stat I've seen all year. And before the Ville-age people pile on, I know it would be different with Stidham at the helm. Still an outstanding achievement by a very focused group of young men...

Kuddos to Wylie on that stat. Wylie does have a very strong offense! But, for debatable reasons, one surely can't be closed minded enough to believe it would happen the next time either of these teams met. Some of the matchup results depends on the week a team meets an opponent and ALL factors should be considered into the results. ;) This could change from week to week. I will have to say that Big Spring has been the most inconsistent of the 4 teams left in 4A D1 Reg 1.

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 01:39 PM
So who is your pick Hollywood??

JVDAD
11-25-2014, 01:40 PM
I believe our D is above average, but some of the credit goes to the Wylie offense for being able to sustain long clock eating drives. Keeping the ball is the best defense there is! As for the Big Spring game I have to toss that result, those boys forgot to get off the bus, great springboard for us but not a portrait of the real Big Spring.

hollywood
11-25-2014, 01:41 PM

Yes, this. ^^^ Someone not wearing team colored lenses actually sees it. Thank you!

toddg
11-25-2014, 01:42 PM
he is definitely more like Tyler rather than Ryan..the young man can run, but is a 50% passer...they may need him to be a better passer to beat Stephenville.

hollywood
11-25-2014, 01:42 PM
I believe our D is above average, but some of the credit goes to the Wylie offense for being able to sustain long clock eating drives. Keeping the ball is the best defense there is! As for the Big Spring game I have to toss that result, those boys forgot to get off the bus, great springboard for us but not a portrait of the real Big Spring.

And this! ^^^^

This man speaks the truth!

hollywood
11-25-2014, 01:43 PM
So who is your pick Hollywood??

For what? ;)

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 01:43 PM

#truth ^^^

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 01:44 PM
For what? ;)

This week! What's the spread? You think the D steps up or another shoot out?

Jacket97
11-25-2014, 01:48 PM

I think all 4 teams left in this region have had great years this season. It is a shame that only two of them will move on. Is it Friday yet??? Geez.

db8coach
11-25-2014, 02:03 PM
he is definitely more like Tyler rather than Ryan..the young man can run, but is a 50% passer...they may need him to be a better passer to beat Stephenville.

It's the other way around. Tyler didn't run much.

hollywood
11-25-2014, 02:18 PM
Sticking to my 21 pts SV!

Btw, liking what I'm hearing from the defensive side this week!

Ville-D
11-25-2014, 02:27 PM

Padilla has BS by 6, but that is, well... BS. IMO :rolleyes:

I say that the new look Ville D makes a statement this week and holds the Steers to 28 points or under and the Ville O puts up as many as Coach G wants.

"Its On!"

Tink4392
11-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Stephenville by 14! Big Springs wont be able to keep up this week!

D'Highlander
11-25-2014, 02:34 PM

Do tell... don't worry I wont tell any of the BS'ers

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 02:39 PM

Definitely like the defensive changes I was told about as well. Just gotta get those one or two extra stops. I'd also like to see #7 sack Tannehill a couple more times.

slingshot
11-25-2014, 02:53 PM
I believe our D is above average, but some of the credit goes to the Wylie offense for being able to sustain long clock eating drives. Keeping the ball is the best defense there is! As for the Big Spring game I have to toss that result, those boys forgot to get off the bus, great springboard for us but not a portrait of the real Big Spring.No doubt...

Ville-D
11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Do tell... don't worry I wont tell any of the BS'ers

THe O will be playing D this game and vice-versa. Stidham has been a beast all week at Middle Line Backer.

Steernation
11-25-2014, 03:30 PM
The ville by 7! Hope to see Graham and Stephenville next week!

Steernation
11-25-2014, 03:31 PM
THe O will be playing D this game and vice-versa. Stidham has been a beast all week at Middle Line Backer.

Whaaaaa Stidham at MLB?

D'Highlander
11-25-2014, 03:51 PM

Genius

hollywood
11-25-2014, 04:25 PM
Whaaaaa Stidham at MLB?

He's to blitz Tannehill every play!

Steernation
11-25-2014, 04:31 PM
He's to blitz Tannehill every play!

haha Ofcourse! Sounds like a perfect plan!

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Whaaaaa Stidham at MLB?

if only this were true!

Ville-D
11-25-2014, 06:34 PM
Whaaaaa Stidham at MLB?

Yep and Stidham has been taking reps at nose guard... and big Cam Reynolds will be taking a few snaps at safety. That kid has some serious wheels.

Ville-D
11-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Just saw a post on the Friday Night Rivals app... A D-Bag from BS going by "cabron" states: "There's a lot of talk of how Superman Stidham is back to take care of us! Steers took care of him in BS, No?"

Calling an injury to any player as being "taken care of" is a real classy move.

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 07:23 PM
Just saw a post on the Friday Night Rivals app... A D-Bag from BS going by "cabron" states: "There's a lot of talk of how Superman Stidham is back to take care of us! Steers took care of him in BS, No?"

WOW! What a f@!ktard!

hollywood
11-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Oh man... It's on! That's all I'm going to say. It's on.

JVDAD
11-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Not cool...

here4Villa
11-25-2014, 11:42 PM
Oh man... It's on! That's all I'm going to say. It's on.

I can almost vote in polls. LOL

hollywood
11-25-2014, 11:46 PM

:cheerl:

Ville-D
11-26-2014, 12:29 AM

Will you be at there at noon tomorrow?

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Will you be at there at noon tomorrow?

Yessir I will be there!

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 01:56 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/25/5474235152cf8b378d42235f54814b9a.jpg

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 02:01 AM
They had some lucky breaks early on and Wylie woke em up big time....I say Stidham will carve them up this week and send em home .

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 08:45 AM
That meme tho^^^^^^ lmfao

slingshot
11-26-2014, 09:22 AM
They had some lucky breaks early on and Wylie woke em up big time....I say Stidham will carve them up this week and send em home ....I don't know--still say Big Spring matches up well and plays the kind of offense that gives Ville fits. All the Ville fans point out they didn't have Stidham 1st game... true, but they have played Stidham before and it was a classic in the playoffs last year. Guess this one is 'Stidham vs Tannehill II' in the playoffs again. Still think it is a pick-um game and will come down to defense.

hollywood
11-26-2014, 09:29 AM
...I don't know--still say Big Spring matches up well and plays the kind of offense that gives Ville fits. All the Ville fans point out they didn't have Stidham 1st game... true, but they have played Stidham before and it was a classic in the playoffs last year. Guess this one is 'Stidham vs Tannehill II' in the playoffs again. Still think it is a pick-um game and will come down to defense.

Good points. But man I sure like what I'm hearing of the defensive plan this week! Stidham at MLB blitzing #12 everyplay? Wow.. talk about Stidham vs Tannehill! lol

Seriously, it should be another great match up. The defense is 3-4 big plays from being great. Seriously if they can get 3-4 big stops during a game, we wouldn't be talking about this subject. We'll see who wants it more. My marbles would be on the Jackets for homer reasons obviously, but I honestly think the Jackets are in their playoff mode and you know what that's like slingshot. A whole other level. It's go time!

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 09:40 AM
I just feel like S'Ville has a ton of momentum right now. Tannehill is great no doubt and I know that Big Spring wants it and is gonna play hard. But I just know first hand that the Jackets and Jarrett are hungry to get this one back. Especially given the circumstances of the regular season game. I'm with Hollywood, I'm all in on the Jackets.... For homer reasons, yes, but also for the epic rematch of Wylie\Ville that looms. One game at a time tho.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 09:57 AM
I been trying to refrain, cause I don't want to sound too much like a Stephenville hater. I been trying to stay out of the thread. But you guys are all a buncha the biggest kool-aid drinking, blue and gold glasses wearing, bonafide delusional homers I have ever seen. I believe some of you really were abducted. It's comical to come in here every week and see "I love what they are doing on the defensive side" or "I love those changes". You guys sound ridiculous. BS is putting up 60 no matter what you guys say. Will SV put up 61? Ya, I believe they will. I love the support, but guys sometimes it's just better left unsaid. Especially when referring to Ville's D. Ok, anyway please proceed. I hope y'all can get towards Dallas or close East soon and I'll come check out Stidham and the Jackets. Would love to see that offense. Maybe I'll see y'all in Jerry World.

Bullaholic
11-26-2014, 10:18 AM
I been trying to refrain, cause I don't want to sound too much like a Stephenville hater. I been trying to stay out of the thread. But you guys are all a buncha the biggest kool-aid drinking, blue and gold glasses wearing, bonafide delusional homers I have ever seen. I believe some of you really were abducted. It's comical to come in here every week and see "I love what they are doing on the defensive side" or "I love those changes". You guys sound ridiculous. BS is putting up 60 no matter what you guys say. Will SV put up 61? Ya, I believe they will. I love the support, but guys sometimes it's just better left unsaid. Especially when referring to Ville's D. Ok, anyway please proceed. I hope y'all can get towards Dallas or close East soon and I'll come check out Stidham and the Jackets. Would love to see that offense. Maybe I'll see y'all in Jerry World.

What can I say, Dawgs---A buck during the rut loses his perspective and throws caution to the wind, but where would the hunters be without it?----bored and sitting at home doing honey-do's....

D'Highlander
11-26-2014, 10:20 AM

Yes... Thank you! :ditto: :iagree: :2thumbsup

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:20 AM
What can I say, Dawgs---A buck during the rut loses his perspective and throws caution to the wind, but where would the hunters be without it?----bored and sitting at home doing honey-do's....

Hahaha. That is the best analogy I ever heard for a situation like this. Oh man, thanks for the laugh.

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Safe to assume ville has studied the AW vs BS film extensively ??? I didnt see it but.pretty sure AW took the wheels off of BS QB.

D'Highlander
11-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Safe to assume ville has studied the AW vs BS film extensively ??? I didnt see it but.pretty sure AW took the wheels off of BS QB.

AW has better coaching... :stirpot:

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 10:28 AM
Well since y'all are free on Fridays now you should come on over and watch a game. Maybe see what we see instead of just looking at stats and making your own assumptions. Again I don't see anyone saying anything about how great the defense is. I think yall make this stuff up just to argue. Stating that we are "one or two big plays away from a win" isn't saying, the Villes D is great and is the best in the state...lol. We support our team till the end, just like you did.

D'Highlander
11-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Well since y'all are free on Fridays now you should come on over and watch a game. Maybe see what we see instead of just looking at stats and making your own assumptions. Again I don't see anyone saying anything about how great the defense is. I think yall make this stuff up just to argue. Stating that we are "one or two big plays away from a win" isn't saying, the Villes D is great and is the best in the state...lol. We support our team till the end, just like you did.

In this thread alone I have seen "Ville d is good and Ville d is above average.

Bullaholic
11-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Hahaha. That is the best analogy I ever heard for a situation like this. Oh man, thanks for the laugh.

Seriously--I appreciate the zeal and passion that the Yellowjacket fans have for their team no matter how "homered-up" they get. I've seen many a game where some teams would give anything just to have just 4-5 or these folks in their stands. Without them on the board it would be like eating a pecan pie without sugar in it.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:36 AM

No, actually on this very page somebody posted they were 3 or 4 plays from being great. Look I'm not running down the defense at all. Read the post. I was talking about the clowns who would have us believe that things are changing in week 14. Come on. At this point it is what it is. Y'all have the offense to put up enough points to win any game.

It's too far for me to drive when I can watch far superior FB here in ETX. (I tried to find that pot stirring thing, but I'm on my phone. Don't get your panties in a wad)

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Seriously--I appreciate the zeal and passion that the Yellowjacket fans have for their team no matter how "homered-up" they get. I've seen many a game where some teams would give anything just to have just 4-5 or these folks in their stands. Without them on the board it would be like eating a pecan pie without sugar in it.

You are 100% correct. I agree, I love having these guys here.

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Awww Dawgs!!! It's all in good fun yo! This banter on this forum is my time waster between games. There are no hard feelings at all or.... (Panties in a wad?)

slingshot
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Safe to assume ville has studied the AW vs BS film extensively ??? I didnt see it but.pretty sure AW took the wheels off of BS QB.I think you throw the BS/AW game out. Big hangover effect and emotional letdown after their win over Stephenville, had lost a couple of starting O-linemen against Ville and had to face the Wylie D-line--not good and had their best RB sick with strep throat. I think it just all added up to the blowout result. Over the years I've seen a lot of games between evenly matched teams turn into blowouts if one is on and the other off... if their both on it is a classic. BS was definitely 'Off' when they played us. Do we beat them either way? Yes IMHO, but not 49-6...

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Awww Dawgs!!! It's all in good fun yo! This banter on this forum is my time waster between games. There are no hard feelings at all or.... (Panties in a wad?)

I enjoy it too. I like killing time at work!!!

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 10:45 AM
I enjoy it too. I like killing time at work!!!

And in this my, 100th Post which means I can vote in polls now I would like to say ..... GO YELLOW JACKETS!!!

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 10:46 AM
heyyyyy it didn't work, Hollywood said it would lol. Oh well :lies:

ccmom
11-26-2014, 11:19 AM
heyyyyy it didn't work, Hollywood said it would lol. Oh well :lies:

Shoot a pm to a mod...I think they can fix it.

JVDAD
11-26-2014, 11:36 AM

You know these guys from Stephenville are ok, they are a lot like that best friend we all had in high school, you know the one that couldn't help check themselves out every time they walked by a mirror😜.

JVDAD
11-26-2014, 11:41 AM
You know these guys from Stephenville are ok, they are a lot like that best friend we all had in high school, you know the one that couldn't help check themselves out every time they walked by a mirror😜.

The new school song really should be that old Mac Davis song, goes like this, "oh lord it's hard to be humble when your perfect in every way, I can't wait to look in the mirror cause I get better looking each day......." Come on sing along!

defense51
11-26-2014, 11:50 AM
You know these guys from Stephenville are ok, they are a lot like that best friend we all had in high school, you know the one that couldn't help check themselves out every time they walked by a mirror.

:spitlol:

hollywood
11-26-2014, 12:05 PM
You's guys... cracking us up. Glad you came to play! We love having your witty humor and laughs along the way. It does make the week go by a little quicker.

WARDOGS ARE THE BEST D IN THE STATE!!

:wave: That was for you Dawgs.

That sounds about as real as the Graham Steers have the best defense in the state, huh?
;)

briandumith*
11-26-2014, 12:07 PM
You's guys... cracking us up. Glad you came to play! We love having your witty humor and laughs along the way. It does make the week go by a little quicker.

WARDOGS ARE THE BEST D IN THE STATE!!

:wave: That was for you Dawgs.

That sounds about as real as the Graham Steers have the best defense in the state, huh?
;)

better than MOST!

hollywood
11-26-2014, 12:10 PM
No, actually on this very page somebody posted they were 3 or 4 plays from being great. Look I'm not running down the defense at all. Read the post. I was talking about the clowns who would have us believe that things are changing in week 14. Come on. At this point it is what it is. Y'all have the offense to put up enough points to win any game.

It's too far for me to drive when I can watch far superior FB here in ETX. (I tried to find that pot stirring thing, but I'm on my phone. Don't get your panties in a wad)

:kiss:

You haven't learned by now that the Jackets have a certain mystique that rivals no other? Please continue to doubt and we will still be having these conversations. You're presence elevates the Stephenville threads. :stirpot:

hollywood
11-26-2014, 12:11 PM
better than MOST!

Good... just making sure the Grahamies are still around. ;)

JVDAD
11-26-2014, 12:15 PM
:kiss:

You haven't learned by now that the Jackets have a certain mystique that rivals no other? Please continue to doubt and we will still be having these conversations. You're presence elevates the Stephenville threads. :stirpot:

Is that what that smell is?😷

D'Highlander
11-26-2014, 12:38 PM
Stephenville is 5-0 over the last 3 years in day games?

hollywood
11-26-2014, 03:38 PM
Well, coach G summed up what all the rest of us have been witnessing each week. The defense plays good football 90% of the time. They are 3-4 stops a game from being great.

Have at it! Let's hear it...

hollywood
11-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Yes... Thank you! :ditto: :iagree: :2thumbsup

D'Highlander, how many Stephenville games have you been able to catch this season? Btw, what school do you support?

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 03:44 PM
Well, coach G summed up what all the rest of us have been witnessing each week. The defense plays good football 90% of the time. They are 3-4 stops a game from being great.

1 championship in 15 years? Hate to burst y'all's bubble but the mystique left with Art Briles. Now it's just "mysterious" why you guys are so delusional.

defense51
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM

I like the Jackets, coaching staff, and most of the fans.:cheerl: The exception being when they play the Indians. However, "great" is a little over the top... With 3-4 stops a game, they're still giving up 4-5 td's. Competitive would have been my choice of words... As a coach though, I probably would have said the same thing.

Sville
11-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Cody's Corner (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1954.0)

toddg
11-26-2014, 04:07 PM
i think the Jacket D is better than the BS D...the Jacket O is better than the BS O...TRANSLATION: Jackets are better..this game will snowball into a 56-21 route for the Jackets.
i would say "nuff said", but with a debate coach lurking, a HollyWood smirking, a caprocker, and even a smitty...it aint happenin'...and there is always someone with a "slingshot" firing away!!

hollywood
11-26-2014, 04:16 PM
1 championship in 15 years? Hate to burst y'all's bubble but the mystique left with Art Briles. Now it's just "mysterious" why you guys are so delusional.

Just come join us next week if you can't make it Friday

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 04:23 PM
Just come join us next week if you can't make it Friday

I have to work the next 2 Fridays after this week, or I honestly would. I really hope y'all make it to Jerry World. I'm not kidding at all. I want to see Ville vs Sota in the ship. Then I want to see Gilmer vs La Grange in DII. Heck me and my wife might even sit with some of you Ville fanatics if it happens.

hollywood
11-26-2014, 04:24 PM
http://vimeo.com/112952449

hollywood
11-26-2014, 04:25 PM
I have to work the next 2 Fridays after this week, or I honestly would. I really hope y'all make it to Jerry World. I'm not kidding at all. I want to see Ville vs Sota in the ship. Then I want to see Gilmer vs La Grange in DII. Heck me and my wife might even sit with some of you Ville fanatics if it happens.

OK.. we'll try to make that happen just for you Dawgs! ;)

:2thumbsup

slingshot
11-26-2014, 04:25 PM
I think the Jacket D is just as bad as the BS D...the Jacket O is a little better than the BS O...TRANSLATION: Jackets are slightly better...this game will go down to the wire in a 72-69 no defense, offensive explosion, squeaker for the Jackets.
There toddG... corrected it for you.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 04:27 PM
I think the Jacket D is just as bad as the BS D...the Jacket O is a little better than the BS O...TRANSLATION: Jackets are slightly better...this game will go down to the wire in a 72-69 no defense, offensive explosion, squeaker for the Jackets.
There ToddG... corrected it for you.

This. Couldn't have summed it up any better myself.

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 04:29 PM

Respectfully disagree :-)

hollywood
11-26-2014, 04:34 PM

:lies:

For the sake of your blessed soul, I hope the Jackets and Bulldogs take care of business to set up a rematch next week. :evillol:

hollywood
11-26-2014, 04:37 PM
i think the Jacket D is better than the BS D...the Jacket O is better than the BS O...TRANSLATION: Jackets are better..this game will snowball into a 56-21 route for the Jackets.
i would say "nuff said", but with a debate coach lurking, a HollyWood smirking, a caprocker, and even a smitty...it aint happenin'...and there is always someone with a "slingshot" firing away!!

:iagree: This man knows!

toddg
11-26-2014, 04:43 PM

This. Couldn't have summed it up any better myself. hahaha! told ya!! :taunt:

Sville
11-26-2014, 04:45 PM

In the last 25 years Stephenville is/has:

278-65-1 overall= 80% winning %
69-19 in playoffs= 78% winning %
12 District Championships
23 Bi-District Championships
17 Area Championships
16 Regional Championships
8 Quarter Final Championships
5 Semi-Final Championships
5 State Championships

And people wonder why we are crazy about our football team.

Scoreboard bro!

slingshot
11-26-2014, 04:54 PM
:lies:

For the sake of your blessed soul, I hope the Jackets and Bulldogs take care of business to set up a rematch next week. :evillol:Me too... will be epic. Good luck to both teams! Just hope everyone stays healthy.

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Who are the dawgs playing Friday

toddg
11-26-2014, 05:10 PM

17 Area Championships
5 State Championships

Scoreboard bro!

God bless Glenn O'Dell..the 1st of a long line of outstanding QBs for the Jackets in this Era!

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 05:22 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/26/e21d8e6d564f624a260483e6af08ef39.jpg

hollywood
11-26-2014, 05:27 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/26/e21d8e6d564f624a260483e6af08ef39.jpg

LOL.. "But we thought we had a chance!" Boohoohoohoo

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 05:30 PM
Who are the dawgs playing Friday

Offseason has already started. Don't worry about the Dawgs, we will harp ur next trophy to polish is appox 55 weeks. I hate that Surratt had to mess up his playoff record! Daggumit he is only 31-4 since he got to Carthage in the playoffs!! Unacceptable.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 05:33 PM

17 Area Championships
5 State Championships

Scoreboard bro!

Impressive numbers. Kinda weak district championships but it's definitely something to be proud of. We should tie y'all at 5 next year, and should have number 6 the year after. Will we have mystique then?

hollywood
11-26-2014, 05:38 PM
Impressive numbers. Kinda weak district championships but it's definitely something to be proud of. We should tie y'all at 5 next year, and should have number 6 the year after. Will we have mystique then?

Sustain is the name of the game Dawgs! If Surratt sticks around that long. ;)

jacket98,99
11-26-2014, 06:02 PM
Dawgs, I would say yes Carthage has mystique. A great program with an excellent winning tradition. I would disagree, however, about Stephenville winning weak district championships. Many of our district championships came after having to defeat another top ten ranked team. In fact, in '98 when we won our third state title and set a national record that still stands to this day we finished second in district to a fantastic Brownwood team.

ccmom
11-26-2014, 06:08 PM
How many stops did each defense make in the first meeting?

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 06:47 PM

13,542,201 stops. But what's it matter?? This is a new game! Jk :)

JVDAD
11-26-2014, 07:16 PM

There were a total of 3. End of 1st quarter, halftime and end of 3rd quarter!

jason
11-26-2014, 07:24 PM
I know sville threw 2 picks late in the 2nd half and I think there were a few others.

D'Highlander
11-26-2014, 07:35 PM
D'Highlander, how many Stephenville games have you been able to catch this season? Btw, what school do you support?

More than 1 less than 11 and the wife has a connection to the school

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 07:45 PM
This has been a fun year. You Ville guys are a good bunch. Delusional, but good fans. All in fun guys. I've enjoyed giving you guys the business this season. I hope it last atleast 1 more week.

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 07:46 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/26/ddf4bba1394a1b30e541ff488b541e16.jpg

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 07:56 PM
Dang it wrong meme

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 07:59 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/26/0845dcb18579f7f026ea15cb731a681e.jpg

Deuce
11-26-2014, 08:09 PM

Hollywood's fake account!

Caprocker
11-26-2014, 08:57 PM
LOL.. "But we thought we had a chance!" Boohoohoohoo

Bearbear....Your time to gratify yourself and the graham stepford boys will soon be over. Enjoy..

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Bearbear....Your time to gratify yourself and the graham stepford boys will soon be over. Enjoy..
You need a tissue???

BwdLion73
11-26-2014, 09:07 PM

:thinking::clap:

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 09:08 PM
And im guessing youre crying got in the way of your literacy and ability to know the definition of stepford. This group of young men are far from it son. You can insult fans all ya want, thats what its here for , but the boys? Your classless sister....I hope your on the front row and Stidham throws a dart and bust you right in your crap dispenser. Im sure ville will have a comfy lead that would allow him time to..... now, go get your tissue and shut up

Caprocker
11-26-2014, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1846505]And im guessing youre crying got in the way of your literacy and ability to know the definition of stepford. This group of young men are far from it son. You can insult fans all ya want, thats what its here for , but the boys? Your classless sister....I hope your on the front row and Stidham throws a dart and bust you right in your crap dispenser. Im sure ville will have a comfy lead that would allow him time to..... now, go get your tissue and shut up[/

:rolleyes:

hollywood
11-26-2014, 09:39 PM
This has been a fun year. You Ville guys are a good bunch. Delusional, but good fans. All in fun guys. I've enjoyed giving you guys the business this season. I hope it last atleast 1 more week.

Live to play another week!

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1846505]And im guessing youre crying got in the way of your literacy and ability to know the definition of stepford. This group of young men are far from it son. You can insult fans all ya want, thats what its here for , but the boys? Your classless sister....I hope your on the front row and Stidham throws a dart and bust you right in your crap dispenser. Im sure ville will have a comfy lead that would allow him time to..... now, go get your tissue and shut up[/

:rolleyes:
Atta boy!!!!

Caprocker
11-26-2014, 09:46 PM
[QUOTE=Caprocker;1846509]
Atta boy!!!!
Please learn when to use your and you're before you throw the word literacy around. It makes you look worse.

Dawgs
11-26-2014, 10:18 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/26/ddf4bba1394a1b30e541ff488b541e16.jpg

I like that. That was a good one. You guys over in Graham are like that cute little brother. Put up a fight and throw a tantrum, but can never actually win.

Deuce
11-26-2014, 10:20 PM
No clue who wins this game. Haven't seen anything that makes me think one team is that much better than the other. A lot of talk about Stidham and Tannehill but 1 man doesn't make a football team! Both defenses are average, and both offenses are way above average and very explosive. IMO this game will come down to who wins the turnover battle! Honestly could see the point total getting to 140. When Graham pulls off the upset against Wylie, I would like to see a rematch with BS. On the other hand, I would love to see Graham have a chance at knocking off Ville. At the end of the day, this will be a war between 2 DAMN good teams that I have a lot of respect for. Good luck to both! Somebody wins by 1!!!

Caprocker
11-26-2014, 10:26 PM
There's a little rumor going round that stidham and Williams could be playing some defense Friday. Anyone else heard that?

hollywood
11-26-2014, 10:33 PM
There's a little rumor going round that stidham and Williams could be playing some defense Friday. Anyone else heard that?

Does Tannehill play defense? Oh he does. Does Hill play defense? Oh he does. Big Spring pulls out all the stops to try and stop Stephenville Friday. What does Stephenville have in store for Big Spring? :thinking:

You never know what the coaches will have planned each week. Tic Toc!!

here4Villa
11-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Does Tannehill play defense? Oh he does. Does Hill play defense? Oh he does. Big Spring pulls out all the stops to try and stop Stephenville Friday. What does Stephenville have in store for Big Spring? :thinking:

You never know what the coaches will have planned each week. Tic Toc!!

Only time will tell.... 😳

Caprocker
11-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Only time will tell.... ��
The track meet is on

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1846512]
Please learn when to use your and you're before you throw the word literacy around. It makes you look worse.
Holy freaking cow you got me on a moment of my auto correct getting the best of me. YOU are tha MAN ! Oh and THA was on purpose! It would take much more than a "your" to even attempt looking like a bigger dip**** than you poprocker. Your BS trophy case is small and your Steers have no history of consistency so there you go son. You have lots of work to do to match our program junior. Making a little noise here and there doesnt cut it and you really are a tard until then. Bear says so , so deal with it.

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 11:50 PM
I like that. That was a good one. You guys over in Graham are like that cute little brother. Put up a fight and throw a tantrum, but can never actually win.
Where you been Dawg? Graham wins all the time .

bearbear78
11-26-2014, 11:56 PM
6-6 Dawg!!!

bearbear78
11-27-2014, 12:00 AM
[QUOTE=bearbear78;1846512]

Looking back over your season records poprocker one thing is obvious.....you guys need to pray oil prices dont stay on the current track....BS isnt even close to a consistent successful program.

hollywood
11-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Big Spring!!! Gettin ready for...
http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-f21a/k2-_12218800-3c85-4d7a-b70f-ec431287fb5f.v1.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/espn1450am.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/a/30/a30dc5a8-4d63-11e3-ad6b-0019bb30f31a/528525c2dab4f.preview-300.jpg

Ville-D
11-27-2014, 11:01 AM

I heard we are only suiting up 11 kids and they will never get off the field. Iron Man Football.

here4Villa
11-27-2014, 11:04 AM
I heard we are only suiting up 11 kids and they will never get off the field. Iron Man Football.

Odd. I heard the same thing lol! It's beautiful day here in SVille. Ready for some food, family and football! Happy TDay all!!

Ville-D
11-27-2014, 11:08 AM

Hollywood runs about 75% of all accounts in Ville and Wood. I believe he has 3 in Graham, 4 in Why-lie, and 2 in BigspringS.

Later...

bobcat1
11-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Hollywood runs about 75% of all accounts in Ville and Wood. I believe he has 3 in Graham, 4 in Why-lie, and 2 in BigspringS.

Later...He used to be known as Rocket. ;)

toddg
11-27-2014, 11:29 AM

Later...
"To the native or established residents who may wince at the plural in Big Springs, it should be explained that until about 1916, when for some unexplained reason the name dropped the final "s," the official name of the town was indeed Big Springs​"

Ville-D
11-27-2014, 11:32 AM
"To the native or established residents who may wince at the plural in Big Springs, it should be explained that until about 1916, when for some unexplained reason the name dropped the final "s," the official name of the town was indeed Big Springs​"

I left in 1917 for that very reason.

toddg
11-27-2014, 11:35 AM

Later... nothin' fake about TODDG....besides..im fat, HollyWood is actually fit!! LOL!

Smitty
11-27-2014, 11:37 AM
with the drought and all, should the name be changed to "Little Spring" or "No Spring"?

toddg
11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
I left in 1917 for that very reason....and...the actual spring is now artificial...just like the FALLS in Witchita Falls! lol

bobcat1
11-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Is that like China Springs?:taunt:

toddg
11-27-2014, 10:15 PM
Is that like China Springs?:taunt: they knew that they only had 1 spring, and were smart enough to keep the s of from the start! lol

here4Villa
11-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Looks it's gonna be a perfect day for football tomorrow!

Smitty
11-28-2014, 08:01 AM
little windy....20 to 30 mph!

ccmom
11-28-2014, 09:23 AM
little windy....20 to 30 mph!

Gusting pretty good at my house in Abilene.

hollywood
11-28-2014, 09:28 AM
Good stuff! I love the wind!! Jackets play good in the wind!

here4Villa
11-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Jacket proud!!!

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/255549454a1994afad0cd8b5c5e996e9.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/efbfa353f7ac0ea2f9ba41173e029f82.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/28/5e7c4eb0916aa17321ab23a6d89506b8.jpg

caleb_mccaig
11-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Is that like China Springs?:taunt:

I still get so offended when people say it with the "s".

slingshot
11-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Shouldn't that be 'GRIND'? :cool:

JVDAD
11-28-2014, 11:47 AM
[QUOTE=slingshot;1846751]Shouldn't that be 'GRIND'? :cool:[/QUOTE

Slingshot, you can't expect them to "excel" at everything.......:crazy1:

Sweetwater Red
11-28-2014, 01:16 PM
Earlier Hollywood posted about passing the Sweetwater buses on the highway, well we just passed up the Stephenville buses! :D :wave:

83Indian
11-28-2014, 02:35 PM
Good luck jackets. Looking forward to listening to this one

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 02:44 PM
I will now divulge I took the Yellowjackets in my bracket for this round and this meeting. I believe this game will be full of all the offensive firepower any football junkie could possibly hope for. Either team could easily be the winner in this one, just depending on how that crazy football bounces, haha. It's been a great season up to this point in Region 1 D-I and there have been many teams that deserve much praise. The competition has been at a very high level, and both of these teams are to be congratulated, regardless of tonite's final score. Shake hands and come out throwing, LOL.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Listening to the broadcast live now. It's 7-7 with a little less than 2 mins. into the game now. BS fumbles it and the Jackets pick it up and advance it down to the Steer 30. Stidham hits 2 consecutive passes as the Jackets score another TD.

Stephenville 14
Big Spring 7

9 mins. left 1st quarter High wind in this game.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:19 PM
Steers return kickoff back to their own 33. Tannehill in the Pistol hands it off to Hill for only 2 yds. 2nd and 8 now for the Steers. Tannehill on a busted play is dropped for a loss by the Jackets on that playaction pass. It will be 3rd and 23 now. Loss of 25 yds.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:20 PM
BS will be forced to punt on 4th and 20. Tannehill punting into a stiff 30 mph wind. The punt is blocked by Cruz as the Jackets get on it at the Steer 14.

wyliegrad04
11-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Sville scores 21-7, Big Spring completely overwhelmed

wyliefan
11-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Stephenville came to play 21-7 7:16 left in the first. BS bad fumbled a kickoff, running play and now a bad snap on the punt. They probably have less than 80 yards offense on their 3 Td drives