PDA

View Full Version : La Grange v Hardin-Jefferson Regional 4A II

Pudlugger
11-22-2014, 01:06 AM
Game to be played Friday 1PM at Woodforest Stadium Woodlands. Hardin-Jefferson won a closely fought battle with Bellville 20-10 while La Grange advances handily 49-7 against Orangefield. HJ runs the slot-t so the Leps defense will get to see it one more time. The Leps are playing their best football now and I do not think HJ has the horses to stop them. La Grange 42-21.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 01:33 AM
I like it PUD. I say LG by 21 whatever combination of scores you want, (21-0)or(56-35),

HJ2012
11-22-2014, 02:00 AM
We shall see next week! Score of the HJ game was closer than the game was. Hawks dominated in pretty much every aspect of the game and were hurt by the officials, but they still managed to pull it out, contrary to what most of you thought.

MJMbrahmas10
11-22-2014, 02:10 AM
When were Yall hurt by the officials? I thought the officials called a pretty even game. And HJ did dominate the clock and the game.

HJ85
11-22-2014, 02:17 AM
It was a very bad spot by the official when HJ had a 4th down at the BV like 6yd line..we did get to the 4 which should have resulted in a first down..but the spot was horrible

HJ85
11-22-2014, 02:18 AM
I hope LG takes HJ lightly like you guys are..

zebrablue2
11-22-2014, 02:22 AM
The Leps are a machine with extra speed!!!

BrahmaMOMMA
11-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Lagrange has this HJ gives themselves more praise than deserved yes they did a great job stoping our offense and that all the penalties were fair and it was a good game on both sides our defense deserve more credit than they are giving And game was closer because the Bellville defense did that not refs. Yea we lost fair and square but keep it real and stop about bad spots we could say there was some holding that wasn't called also but who's to say we see what we want to. so LG has this win hands down. It just wasn't Bellville's night and was HJ night

Old QB
11-22-2014, 04:58 AM
HJ hurt by the officials?? Get a life buddy. We basically gave you a touchdown with the very questionable pass interference call plus no one mentions that we fumbled on your 1 yard line. Score could have been much, much closer. You won and that's that. Yourre good but not any where the caliber of LG.. LG by 21 points easy.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 08:30 AM
HJ hurt by the officials?? Get a life buddy. We basically gave you a touchdown with the very questionable pass interference call plus no one mentions that we fumbled on your 1 yard line. Score could have been much, much closer. You won and that's that. Yourre good but not any where the caliber of LG.. LG by 21 points easy.

He's referring to the HJ v Orangefield game during district the fact of the matter is OF still rang up points. I don't care how they did it just they did. OF couldn't hardly make a first down much less score a td on LGs starters. Their LONE td came on busted pass assignment by a third string secondary. LG is not looking past or taking HJ lightly at all.

whitelightning5
11-22-2014, 09:10 AM
After seeing the game last night for HJ, I think Dobbins has a field day. They have no containment on the edge. Our Graves gave them fits. Dobbins is about 10x better. I think the HJ secondary is sub-par. Just an observation, but to me their team speed is lacking a bit. We possessed the ball maybe 5 times....so give HJ credit for ball control and eating clock. It's pretty petty to blame the officials. This is high school football and high school refs. There were plenty of missed calls both ways. We had our opportunities and didnt capitalize. The fumble on the 1 and the dropped pass in the endzone on 2 separate drives. Last I checked....that would have put us on top. We can't shoulda, woulda, coulda though....the games over and HJ won. Congrats on advancing. Just dont think it happens this week. LG's offense is at least wide open and makes you cover sideline to sideline. The formula that worked for us was to test the edge opposite of #7. We finally started having some success up the middle once we were able to hit the edge. I think HJ's special teams is a weak link. Bad snaps, mishandled returns, blocked kicks.....neither punter or kicker have a strong leg. Im gonna say 31-10 LG. Keeping that 21 point margin.

drewlsu
11-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I could say the same about giving you points when our punter can't handle the snap deep in our own territory and there's a difference in the defense causing a fumble and the refs making bad spots. Doesn't matter now, didn't change the outcome of the game, but HJ would have gone into halftime 14-0, stopping any momentum Bellville had.

As for La Grange, this will be the biggest test for the Hawks since West Orange. Yes, Orangefield runs the same offense, but our defense is better and we run the offense more efficiently. We were up on OF by 21 with just over 2 minutes left in the game when we played. Then a bunch of craziness happened that led to us only winning by 7.
If the Hawks can play mistake free (unlike last night) and dominate the clock, then they certainly have a good chance to pull out the W.
Not going to make a prediction on this one because I don't want to jinx it.

WOS1
11-22-2014, 09:21 AM
You can forget about trying to talk sensibly to some HJ fans. It's all about how they got the bad calls and how it affected their game negatively. They did the same thing when we played them even though WE were flagged 14 times for 135 yards... Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for the HJ kids and overall fans. But there are a few of them who'll make your bowels move.

Pudlugger
11-22-2014, 09:32 AM
You can forget about trying to talk sensibly to some HJ fans. It's all about how they got the bad calls and how it affected their game negatively. They did the same thing when we played them even though WE were flagged 14 times for 135 yards... Don't get me wrong, I am pulling for the HJ kids and overall fans. But there are a few of them who'll make your bowels move.

On SETX board they're saying LG is a one trick pony and that if HJ throws the ball they can beat us 'cause our secondary is suspect. They say that LG can't pass the football and has only a running game. We'll show them Friday. Enjoy your Thanksgiving HJ because your season ends Friday.

whitelightning5
11-22-2014, 09:48 AM
On SETX board they're saying LG is a one trick pony and that if HJ throws the ball they can beat us 'cause our secondary is suspect. They say that LG can't pass the football and has only a running game. We'll show them Friday. Enjoy your Thanksgiving HJ because your season ends Friday.

Let me tell you about their passing game. It's a 1 trick pony. First of all, they only throw when its 3rd and double digit yardage to go. When they do throw...its a TE dump pass to #7. What is he...something like 6'4" and 285? Just throw it up and let him go get it. Not concerned with their passing game AT ALL.

garciap77
11-22-2014, 09:52 AM
La Grange!

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Whitelightning congrats on a great season. Dobbins is a special athlete and a fine young man no doubt. Hutchinson is just a special and they make a great one-two punch. The LG offense is a 11 man well oiled machine.

whitelightning5
11-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Whitelightning congrats on a great season. Dobbins is a special athlete and a fine young man no doubt. Hutchinson is just a special and they make a great one-two punch. The LG offense is a 11 man well oiled machine.

I appreciate that. The kids played hard. Far exceeded our expectations. We have a fairly young team, so the next few years should be interesting.

WOS1
11-22-2014, 10:06 AM

Not trying to be disrespectful, but I would say their has to be something suspect with the Leps defense. How did Giddings put up 39 points? They had one good drive last night.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 10:27 AM
Giddings put up 39 because they are good then you add the 20 mile rivalry factor.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 10:37 AM

On SETX board dBerrySports said " #5 was the 2nd rb" . That's where the problem comes in there is no first or second. This offense is a well oiled machine that works as ONE.. Just keep thinking you gotta "contain Dobbins" that will be your quickest way to the basketball court.

griff
11-22-2014, 10:44 AM
On SETX board dBerrySports said " #5 was the 2nd rb" . That's where the problem comes in there is no first or second. This offense is a well oiled machine that works as ONE.. Just keep thinking you gotta "contain Dobbins" that will be your quickest way to the basketball court.

You and Pud seem to enjoy "tattling" on what was said at the setx site. Why not join the conversation over there instead of just acting like two women at a hair salon.

Pudlugger
11-22-2014, 11:30 AM
You and Pud seem to enjoy "tattling" on what was said at the setx site. Why not join the conversation over there instead of just acting like two women at a hair salon.

As a matter of fact I registered on the SETX site 4 days ago and have yet to receive the necessary confirming email so I can't post. I think they're scardy cats afraid of the big bad Leopard posters LOL.

BB BULLS
11-22-2014, 11:40 AM
As a matter of fact I registered on the SETX site 4 days ago and have yet to receive the necessary confirming email so I can't post. I think they're scardy cats afraid of the big bad Leopard posters LOL.

pud you need to go over there I did they real easy to get riled up, and you can tell that some of them are from deep East Texas if you know what I mean

drewlsu
11-22-2014, 11:44 AM
pud you need to go over there I did they real easy to get riled up, and you can tell that some of them are from deep East Texas if you know what I mean
Don't get setx sports confused with smoaky now...
I'm a big HJ fan but pretty realistic about this matchup. We have to play better than we did yesterday.

cowboyandchrist
11-22-2014, 11:45 AM
I have not seen La Grange this year, but last year they were one heck of a team. I have seen HJ against the Tatum Eagles. They are a ground and pound team that can not strike quickly. They try and wear you down with 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Tatum could have won the game even though they were out played because of the quick strike ability. HJ is well coached and they have a darn good defense, but can be passed on. From what I hear La Grange can do both run and pass very well. I will say La Grange has the advantage in this game. God Bless both teams and fans.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 11:52 AM

I did the same Pud, yesterday. I have yet to receive a email confirmation also. Maybe they are a bit "clickish" or just continue to live in a dream world of containing Dobbins and you beat LG.

hookandladder
11-22-2014, 11:52 AM
La Grange speeds kills, another high scoring game for the Leps. Leps -49 HF - 14

whitelightning5
11-22-2014, 12:06 PM
La Grange speeds kills, another high scoring game for the Leps. Leps -49 HF - 14

Barring some HJ turnovers, I think that 49 points is a pretty lofty goal...considering HJs ability to bleed the clock. Be prepared to play all 4 downs. They don't enjoy punting...lol. Or maybe its the fact that their special teams are just a little weak and the coach trusts the offense more. Regardless....he is very aggressive, which I can appreciate. We only forced them to punt twice and both times had bad snaps. The snap was even shaky on an extra point, leading to a block.

griff
11-22-2014, 12:20 PM
I did the same Pud, yesterday. I have yet to receive a email confirmation also. Maybe they are a bit "clickish" or just continue to live in a dream world of containing Dobbins and you beat LG.

Nah, they pull that crap at smoaky...not at setx. You should get a confirmation soon. I know the mods. They don't prevent anyone from registering unless you were previously banned.

WOS1
11-22-2014, 12:23 PM

I hope we get a chance to find out. We both have a lot of work ahead of us before that happens, tho. And I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking LG by insinuating that they aren't a great team, they are. And Dobbins is a "freakish" athlete. And I know Hutchison is awesome too, but he is not Dobbins. I've seen enough of LG to know Dobbins is the wheel that makes the LG offense go. If (and understand that my "if" truly is an "if" and not an, "I think we can" I truly don't know if we can, but) IF we or HJ CAN contain Dobbins, LG is in trouble.

PappaFeelGood
11-22-2014, 02:39 PM
I hear ya WOS1. There has been 12 teams to try to "contain" him I hope u get the chance to be the 14th to try.
LG is going to put up points whether it is Dobbins , Hutchinson or the pass. The key is obvious but good luck against a FAST, STINGY, HARD HITTING defense. OF''s first earned first down was with 7 mins left in the second quarter. Their first three possessions were 3and outs. I believe they had 2 first downs in the first half. Takeaway the opening drive in the 2nd half Cats did not move the ball at all against LGs starting defense. LGs defense is the true winner.. What's the saying DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Pudlugger
11-22-2014, 04:42 PM
I hope we get a chance to find out. We both have a lot of work ahead of us before that happens, tho. And I don't mean to sound like I'm knocking LG by insinuating that they aren't a great team, they are. And Dobbins is a "freakish" athlete. And I know Hutchison is awesome too, but he is not Dobbins. I've seen enough of LG to know Dobbins is the wheel that makes the LG offense go. If (and understand that my "if" truly is an "if" and not an, "I think we can" I truly don't know if we can, but) IF we or HJ CAN contain Dobbins, LG is in trouble.

I hope we can get a chance to show you how the Leps roll but we need to take care of business against an excellent HJ team first. We have faced some really good physical football teams that rely mostly on the run including La Vernia, Liberty Hill, and Caldwell and come out with the win. Liberty Hill runs the best slot-t around and we beat them 24-7. La Vernia is huge and very physical as was Caldwell. HJ and Orangefield run the same offense. I don't think being bigger or faster will make that much difference as our defense is very fast and very physical too. Orangefield never was able to turn the corners and got stuffed up the middle all night. Our secondary is fast enough to catch anyone in 4a from behind so the big plays are very unlikely. I'm not going into much detail about our offense but will say our O line will dominate the line of scrimmage at 260lbs all lean and mean. Dobbins can fire lightening bolts from his eyes and fireballs from his arse(hat tip William Wallace in Braveheart). Watch out for the Leps Hawks we're coming to the Woodlands Friday.

Pudlugger
11-23-2014, 07:33 AM
Slot-t again. Orangefield was a good review of how to defense this scheme. Leps need to prepare for a bigger and better version. Our defense is playing their best football now just in time. Hawks will not score more than 21. Lep offense will get its points. 42-21 Leps

solocam
11-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Leopards roll on

HJ85
11-23-2014, 10:13 AM
LG is a good football team..HJ is very physical on D..good luck Hawks

PappaFeelGood
11-23-2014, 10:40 AM
"Dare them to pass". That's the beauty about Leopard football, they don't have to pass.

Pudlugger
11-23-2014, 11:51 AM
"Dare them to pass". That's the beauty about Leopard football, they don't have to pass.

IIRC those two interceptions were only the second and third for the season last Friday. One came off a tipped ball the other a long floater into the wind and jump ball. The fact of the matter is that the Leps passing game has been very efficient and productive yielding on average 2 tds per game. We didn't need to pass against OF and those two interceptions were really unnecessary. I figure the coach wanted to mix things up early to keep the defense honest even though we were advancing 5-10 yards per carry in that first drive. If HJ loads the box the Leps will burn them either over the middle, screen pass or deep vertical routes. Dobbins can chuck the rock so he is a threat on the pass and the run.

AggiesAreWe
11-23-2014, 03:27 PM
You guys should be good to go now over at SETX board. I approved your registrations.

YTBulldogs
11-23-2014, 03:48 PM
LG rolls on. As long as those backs are healthy, who needs to pass.

Leopardfan201
11-23-2014, 05:12 PM
I agree HJ will soon find out who are Hutchison and Dobbins are. Like a 2 headed monster running at full steam coming at u be ready HJ

Pudlugger
11-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I agree HJ will soon find out who are Hutchison and Dobbins are. Like a 2 headed monster running at full steam coming at u be ready HJ

That's right Leopardfan, key all you want on Dobbins and Hutchison will take it to the house. I expect some pooch kicks from HJ as they wont want to kick deep to Hutchison or Dobbins. That means good field position for our offense. Defense has had their best showings against the slot-t. It seems to agree with them as they have only given up 14 points to LH and OF (and that was against the second team D). Looking forward to turkey on Thursday and some hawk on Friday.

Scoop27
11-23-2014, 09:42 PM
Webcast
http://www.kvlgkbuk.com/

HEMOTOXIC
11-24-2014, 01:40 AM
Maybe I'll catch this game then drive over to see my Rattlers afterwards.

Pudlugger
11-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Who is home team?

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2014, 07:42 AM
Not sure Pud. I try to find out today.

panfan
11-24-2014, 08:34 AM
Don't know a thing about Hardin Jefferson, but we were on the business end of a butt kicking from La Grange so we know what they got. Sure wish we got a do over with the Leps, maybe we could give them a game this time. Anyway - Leps roll on.

BB BULLS
11-24-2014, 12:04 PM
That's right Leopardfan, key all you want on Dobbins and Hutchison will take it to the house. I expect some pooch kicks from HJ as they wont want to kick deep to Hutchison or Dobbins. That means good field position for our offense. Defense has had their best showings against the slot-t. It seems to agree with them as they have only given up 14 points to LH and OF (and that was against the second team D). Looking forward to turkey on Thursday and some hawk on Friday.

Pud they have no choice but to pouch kick, the kicker does not have a strong leg. you should have no problem with HJ. they have one back thats fast but that is it, and they have no passing game to speak of either. if LG has to pass any,the short pass plays work the best and runs up the middle. they say that #7 on the defense is pretty good but i didnt really see him do alot. LG 41 HJ 14

Leopardfan201
11-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Pud they have no choice but to pouch kick, the kicker does not have a strong leg. you should have no problem with HJ. they have one back thats fast but that is it, and they have no passing game to speak of either. if LG has to pass any,the short pass plays work the best and runs up the middle. they say that #7 on the defense is pretty good but i didnt really see him do alot. LG 41 HJ 14

If HJ dnt have no speed they in trouble already

whitelightning5
11-24-2014, 12:24 PM

Be prepared to start your drives on the 40 LG. You'll be playing with a short field all night after kickoffs. I will say that their fastest back was caught from behind (our safety was out of position and spotted him about a 20 yard head start). They have just enough speed to make that offense efficient, but won't take it to the house either. I will give #7 his due. He didnt have much of an impact because we relied on speed sweeps and tried to get to the edges. It wasnt until the end of the game when we had success up the middle. He is just big. He doesn't seem overly athletic to me. That said, I know some have been watching him all season and we just got to see 1 game.

Leopardfan201
11-24-2014, 12:28 PM
It sounds like Hutchison and Dobbins r going to run all over HJ

buff4ever
11-24-2014, 12:30 PM
As expected, WOS and La Grange are on a crash course. La Grange enjoys one more easy one.

Leopardfan201
11-24-2014, 12:35 PM
As expected, WOS and La Grange are on a crash course. La Grange enjoys one more easy one.

Yup LG and West Orange the 2 best teams in D2 region 3 proved it all year long

whitelightning5
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
It sounds like Hutchison and Dobbins r going to run all over HJ

I think it will be interesting. For the most part, we only have 1 game-breaker. He had success getting to the edge. He was really our only source of offense. We ran him to the edges until he needed his inhaler. Unfortunately, the rest of the offense wasnt working. Was that a product of a stagnant offense or the product of a stingy defense? With the showing we had against Smithville, I'm gonna say we didnt help ourselves any...lol. No disrespect to Smithville, of course. We just werent clicking the same these last 2 weeks.

buff4ever
11-24-2014, 12:46 PM
Yup LG and West Orange the 2 best teams in D2 region 3 proved it all year long

It will be about the match ups, but I can tell you that Giddings would rather play LG again this year than WOS. Their defense was that good. Fast across the board.

I would say that LG will have a tough time beating WOS, but WOS's offense is not out of this world. But they don't have to be with a defense that is sure to not give up much.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2014, 03:09 PM
Pud we are visitors this week.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2014, 03:20 PM
If HJ gives LG a short field it will be a long night for the Hawks. I expect we will see LG hitting the edges. I expect that HJ is more efficient on offense so with that in mind I think that point gap is closer. Leps 49-21. #7 will be taking 15 yard angles and looking for some oxygen as he will be running. Does #7 play both ways? It seems I remember him on some offensive film also. If so it would not surprise me he appears to be a great athlete.

Pudlugger
11-24-2014, 04:00 PM
If HJ gives LG a short field it will be a long night for the Hawks. I expect we will see LG hitting the edges. I expect that HJ is more efficient on offense so with that in mind I think that point gap is closer. Leps 49-21. #7 will be taking 15 yard angles and looking for some oxygen as he will be running. Does #7 play both ways? It seems I remember him on some offensive film also. If so it would not surprise me he appears to be a great athlete.

Yes he plays TE on offense. He is 6'5" 240 according to their roster and he is a starter on their basketball team. From the film I saw Bellville's big guard handled him very well. You just have to hit him in the numbers and stand him up wirh good footwork. Ellison #55 will handle him. Walker is a hoss, strong as a horse with a low center of gravity. Our DEs will need to work on him to contain the corners. Can't let him get his pads on you as he can drive you out with his legwork.

Good to be visitor we beat LH in our white and yellow unis and they were the best slot-t team around.

I wonder if Kates is working on a pooch kick angle. Perhaps he'll bring Dobbins or Hutchison up to receive one of those.

PappaFeelGood
11-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Imagine them(5 or 22) catching that pooch on a sprint. LOL. Against Worthing HJ threw the ball. I expect them to try that on us just to loosen up the box, just speculating. I am sure about this Kates etal will have the LEPS prepped and adjust to whatever they scheme. Also, there is no doubt what we are going to do.

YTBulldogs
11-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Good luck Pud. Enjoy this special bunch and ride they are taking the fine folks of LG on.:clap:

HJ2012
11-24-2014, 05:11 PM
Be prepared to start your drives on the 40 LG. You'll be playing with a short field all night after kickoffs. I will say that their fastest back was caught from behind (our safety was out of position and spotted him about a 20 yard head start). They have just enough speed to make that offense efficient, but won't take it to the house either. I will give #7 his due. He didnt have much of an impact because we relied on speed sweeps and tried to get to the edges. It wasnt until the end of the game when we had success up the middle. He is just big. He doesn't seem overly athletic to me. That said, I know some have been watching him all season and we just got to see 1 game.

There was a comment about how HJ can't kick it deep. Well, no. They can, they just choose not to. It totally eliminates the possibility of a big return, plus, a guy who normally doesn't touch the football has to catch it out of the air while a whole mess of HJ players are running at him. It offers decent field position if the catch is fielded cleanly, but it ensures that you will be starting your drive right there and not anywhere farther. HJ has multiple backs that will do damage, they just didn't need them against BV. Now to the fastest back being caught - #5 Logan Thompson is not our fastest back. He's probably one of the best we have, but he's not the fastest. He was gassed after having multiple HUGE runs. That's why he was caught. They didn't spread the load nearly as much as they normally do, and that's why he was so tired. #7 is extremely athletic. He's going D1 FBS next year. He's big, strong, and fast and is the perfect mold of a linebacker. He does play TE on offense, and mainly is a blocking TE, but he can catch. That's not the only pass HJ can run though, and they showed that against Worthing. Don't think you will run all over this defense. The D-line is huge, and I don't mean fat. Don't think LG will put up 49 either. They won't have the ball enough to score that many times. HJ will get far more first downs than OF did. HJ is bigger and runs the Slot-t far better than OF. They will milk the clock and that's why it will be close, not a 4 TD swing like some are predicting. If you think this is going to be an "easy one" you're sadly mistaken. And no, #7 isn't a starter on the basketball team. He hasn't played since his freshman year. The safety, #1 does start for the bball team. Plus a few others come in off the bench for HJ's roundball team. No one will be "handling him." LG will have to find a way to try and run away from him, because once he gets a hand on you, you're done. With all that being said, I don't know that HJ will win the game, but it won't be a cupcake like some have said.

Bobkat
11-24-2014, 06:00 PM
First off, Congrats to LG on the beating they put on my Bobcats last week. Orangefield is trying to build a program on the level of LG and hopefully we can keep our Coach and keep that momentum heading in that direction. First playoff appearance last year since 2003, and this year we get our first playoff win since that same year and advance to the 2nd round. We're getting there. I was impressed with not only your football team but also your fans, just the total package. Building depth has to be our next big step to getting where we need to be, not sure how many kids y'all have going both ways but we have a ton. Hopefully by us winning more the past two years, more kids will start coming out. I'm sure alot of those kids on the sidelines were brought up from the JV but I'm still guessing y'all would dress out close to 50 kids each game, that's 15-20 more kids than Orangefield. Wth all that said, again I was super impressed by the product on the field from the Leopards.

Now on to the game vs HJ, I will admit HJ is a better football team than my Bobcats (right now). Their defense is better, and although we both run the same type of offense, they are somewhat different. HJ fans say far better, but what they're better at is getting to the edge. I have a feeling they will move the ball better than we did, and LG will have to put some drives together because HJ will not give up as many big plays as we did.

With all that being sad, the key to this game is the LG defense. I was very impressed with how they completely shut us down. No one has really done that all year, even against WOS we moved the ball (first half) at will. They're very quick to the ball and very sure tacklers when they get there. Even as good as the LG offense is with those two studs running the ball, the defense was more impressive to me.

I'll be pulling for my district mates, but they will have to play a perfect game to win this one. LG 31 HJ 17

Leopardfan201
11-24-2014, 06:18 PM
There was a comment about how HJ can't kick it deep. Well, no. They can, they just choose not to. It totally eliminates the possibility of a big return, plus, a guy who normally doesn't touch the football has to catch it out of the air while a whole mess of HJ players are running at him. It offers decent field position if the catch is fielded cleanly, but it ensures that you will be starting your drive right there and not anywhere farther. HJ has multiple backs that will do damage, they just didn't need them against BV. Now to the fastest back being caught - #5 Logan Thompson is not our fastest back. He's probably one of the best we have, but he's not the fastest. He was gassed after having multiple HUGE runs. That's why he was caught. They didn't spread the load nearly as much as they normally do, and that's why he was so tired. #7 is extremely athletic. He's going D1 FBS next year. He's big, strong, and fast and is the perfect mold of a linebacker. He does play TE on offense, and mainly is a blocking TE, but he can catch. That's not the only pass HJ can run though, and they showed that against Worthing. Don't think you will run all over this defense. The D-line is huge, and I don't mean fat. Don't think LG will put up 49 either. They won't have the ball enough to score that many times. HJ will get far more first downs than OF did. HJ is bigger and runs the Slot-t far better than OF. They will milk the clock and that's why it will be close, not a 4 TD swing like some are predicting. If you think this is going to be an "easy one" you're sadly mistaken. And no, #7 isn't a starter on the basketball team. He hasn't played since his freshman year. The safety, #1 does start for the bball team. Plus a few others come in off the bench for HJ's roundball team. No one will be "handling him." LG will have to find a way to try and run away from him, because once he gets a hand on you, you're done. With all that being said, I don't know that HJ will win the game, but it won't be a cupcake like some have said.

Every team we have played has said that, about stopping our too headed monster, this will be no different, trust me u will see what I'm talking about on Friday. And I stand by my prediction LG 41/20

YTBulldogs
11-24-2014, 06:26 PM
First off, Congrats to LG on the beating they put on my Bobcats last week. Orangefield is trying to build a program on the level of LG and hopefully we can keep our Coach and keep that momentum heading in that direction. First playoff appearance last year since 2003, and this year we get our first playoff win since that same year and advance to the 2nd round. We're getting there. I was impressed with not only your football team but also your fans, just the total package. Building depth has to be our next big step to getting where we need to be, not sure how many kids y'all have going both ways but we have a ton. Hopefully by us winning more the past two years, more kids will start coming out. I'm sure alot of those kids on the sidelines were brought up from the JV but I'm still guessing y'all would dress out close to 50 kids each game, that's 15-20 more kids than Orangefield. Wth all that said, again I was super impressed by the product on the field from the Leopards.

Now on to the game vs HJ, I will admit HJ is a better football team than my Bobcats (right now). Their defense is better, and although we both run the same type of offense, they are somewhat different. HJ fans say far better, but what they're better at is getting to the edge. I have a feeling they will move the ball better than we did, and LG will have to put some drives together because HJ will not give up as many big plays as we did.

With all that being sad, the key to this game is the LG defense. I was very impressed with how they completely shut us down. No one has really done that all year, even against WOS we moved the ball (first half) at will. They're very quick to the ball and very sure tacklers when they get there. Even as good as the LG offense is with those two studs running the ball, the defense was more impressive to me.

I'll be pulling for my district mates, but they will have to play a perfect game to win this one. LG 31 HJ 17

Now this is a quality review. :thumbsup:

And welcome to downlow BobKat. Hope to hear more from ya over the years?

Roughneck93
11-24-2014, 06:42 PM
I'll be there...Go LG!

drewlsu
11-24-2014, 09:47 PM
I've said this before, this will be the biggest test for HJ since WOS. Several teams HJ has played this year: Jasper, Tatum, Kountze, WOS(and maybe LCM), have said that HJ could not compare to their speed and that their offense would tear us apart.
Well, the only team we struggled against was WOS. And if you take away the first quarter of sloppy play, that game is neck and neck.
Bellville thought they were going to run all over us too.

I'm not saying that LG isn't fast or that we won't get burned on a few plays, but HJ has seen fast. This won't be new or a surprise for them.

As for HJs speed, like said above, the back that torched Bellville for around 250 yards is not our fastest back, and if you noticed, he was limping all night long.

I guarantee that on the plays Bellville caught him, if it was #12 with the ball, they would not have. #12 is the speedster, give him space and he is gone. WOS couldn't catch him.
Also #17 will put it on you. He mainly plays in the defensive backfield, but will get some carries in the second half.

So again, nothing new here.

This game will be a one position/score game either way. Two quality teams, dukeing it out for the right to advance.

hookandladder
11-24-2014, 11:05 PM
I've said this before, this will be the biggest test for HJ since WOS. Several teams HJ has played this year: Jasper, Tatum, Kountze, WOS(and maybe LCM), have said that HJ could not compare to their speed and that their offense would tear us apart.
Well, the only team we struggled against was WOS. And if you take away the first quarter of sloppy play, that game is neck and neck.

I'm not saying that LG isn't fast or that we won't get burned on a few plays, but HJ has seen fast. This won't be new or a surprise for them.

As for HJs speed, like said above, the back that torched Bellville for around 250 yards is not our fastest back, and if you noticed, he was limping all night long.

I guarantee that on the plays Bellville caught him, if it was #12 with the ball, they would not have. #12 is the speedster, give him space and he is gone. WOS couldn't catch him.
Also #17 will put it on you. He mainly plays in the defensive backfield, but will get some carries in the second half.

This game will be a one position/score game either way. Two quality teams, dukeing it out for the right to advance.
I hope you are planning on scoring close to 50 points because that is the only way you will be within one position or score, I seriously doubt you will. Leps big.

drewlsu
11-24-2014, 11:41 PM
I hope you are planning on scoring close to 50 points because that is the only way you will be within one position or score, I seriously doubt you will. Leps big.

Keep dreaming brother.

griff
11-24-2014, 11:57 PM

You know...I really want to support HJ and hope they win, but so many times when the subject is brought up about the WO-S/HJ game, some of you HJ fans are delusional. Sorry, but too many WO-S fans witnessed the game and you ain't rewriting history. You can take away your so called "first quarter of sloppy play" all you want. That game NEVER had a chance to be "neck and neck", as you say. WO-S was the better team hands down. This is the closest HJ has ever played WO-S and the result was still a 21 point victory for the Mustangs. Get real!

griff
11-24-2014, 11:59 PM
I would love to see an HJ upset for the simple reason of rooting for the local (setx) team, but LG will be too much, just like WO-S was for HJ.

LG 35
HF 14

drewlsu
11-25-2014, 09:17 AM
Ok griff,
I guess a 6 point game halfway through the 3rd quarter after being down 14 within the first 6 minutes of the game means that HJ wasnt playing the Stangs close for a good portion of the game. Not saying the outcome would have been different that night, but the score doesn't reflect the nature of the game.

In any event, the comparison to WOS for this game was in relation to their speed. I'm sure Griff would agree that the athletes WOS has are some of the best in the classification. Even with that speed, HJ held their own.
A couple of WOS scores came off of HJ turnovers deep in their own territory.

griff
11-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Well, I'm sorry to get off the original topic, but some of the HJ fans went on and on at setx with a list of "what ifs" concerning the WO-S match up and now you're keeping it alive. We went up 14-0 and never lost control of the game. HJ had no answer for our running game. Teate had over 200 yards rushing. We had the ball deep in the red zone at the end of the game and could have easily scored again, but ran out the clock. We overcame 14 penalties and still managed to beat HJ by THREE TDs. Turnovers are part of the game. The later the game progressed, HJ cracked under pressure. Your team made a good run in last year's playoffs, were undefeated until week 9, and it was a nice run. But, keeping this from being a typical WO-S over HJ blowout of 30 or more points was nothing more than a moral victory. Quit pretending this was a close game. If that's what you need to give you confidence about playing LG, you can keep trying, but it will take a lot more. I don't think you have what it takes to beat LG and, as we saw in week 9, you don't have the goods to beat WO-S either.

As for the WO-S speed...it's funny that HJ kept the grass tall on their field to try and neutralize the speed advantage we had. Nice try. We'll see you at Dan Hooks Stadium next year where the grass will be nicely manicured.

HJ2012
11-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Well, I'm sorry to get off the original topic, but some of the HJ fans went on and on at setx with a list of "what ifs" concerning the WO-S match up and now you're keeping it alive. We went up 14-0 and never lost control of the game. HJ had no answer for our running game. Teate had over 200 yards rushing. We had the ball deep in the red zone at the end of the game and could have easily scored again, but ran out the clock. We overcame 14 penalties and still managed to beat HJ by THREE TDs. Turnovers are part of the game. The later the game progressed, HJ cracked under pressure. Your team made a good run in last year's playoffs, were undefeated until week 9, and it was a nice run. But, keeping this from being a typical WO-S over HJ blowout of 30 or more points was nothing more than a moral victory. Quit pretending this was a close game. If that's what you need to give you confidence about playing LG, you can keep trying, but it will take a lot more. I don't think you have what it takes to beat LG and, as we saw in week 9, you don't have the goods to beat WO-S either.

As for the WO-S speed...it's funny that HJ kept the grass tall on their field to try and neutralize the speed advantage we had. Nice try. We'll see you at Dan Hooks Stadium next year where the grass will be nicely manicured.

Yeah. Let's not mention "puntergate" that totally stopped HJ's momentum going into the half. You know good and well had the correct call been made, this is an entirely different ball game. HJ wouldn't have had to change their game plan, and those last two TD's wouldn't have happened with the short field. Regardless, this isn't about that. That game is over and WO-S now has the cupcake walk to the regional final where hopefully HJ gets another shot. They want it bad, and will be the underdog from here on out. They have played as the underdog most of the season, and that's when they have played their best football. We will see a great game on Friday. Hopefully no injuries occur.

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Griff sounds like WOS and LG are very similar and would be a interesting match-up.

At this point in the playoffs anything could happen and I am sure HJ will not go away easily and neither will LG.
LG has the speed advantage, though I admit, I have only watched HJ HUDL clips on Maxpreps.
I am sure that KATES etal will game plan and expose HJ's weaknesses (whatever that is).
HJ will have to protect the corners as LG will chip linebackers just enough to slow them up and giving HJ bad angles.
LG has defensively answered the Wing T and has defended it to perfection.
LGs overall team speed wins out LG 42- HJ 21.

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2014, 12:41 PM
I just picked up the Austin American Statesman and inside the sports section they are giving out game balls, a weekly thing they do to acknowledge stellar play by area high school athletes. JK Dobbins received a game ball for the 14 carry 206 yds with scoring runs of 5,51 and 35.
Bralon Hutchinson received one as well for his 202 yard and 2 TDs.
These two only played 2 quarters of football. BEST WISHES ON CONTAINING THEM BOTH.

BB BULLS
11-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Yeah. Let's not mention "puntergate" that totally stopped HJ's momentum going into the half. You know good and well had the correct call been made, this is an entirely different ball game. HJ wouldn't have had to change their game plan, and those last two TD's wouldn't have happened with the short field. Regardless, this isn't about that. That game is over and WO-S now has the cupcake walk to the regional final where hopefully HJ gets another shot. They want it bad, and will be the underdog from here on out. They have played as the underdog most of the season, and that's when they have played their best football. We will see a great game on Friday. Hopefully no injuries occur.

i tell you thing about this HJ bunch seems they think they are the only ones that gets bad calls. thats all they talked about after our bad call bad spot blah blah blah blah. every teams gets bad calls just deal with it. LG 41 HJ 14

drewlsu
11-25-2014, 02:51 PM
I agree that LG offense has HJ beat on speed. With that said, on runs to the outside, HJ is very good at stretching the line until the back has nowhere to run except out of bounds. This group of boys fly to the ball. Very rarely does any one Hawk make a tackle. There will be bodies all around.

HJ should be able to move the ball better than OF did against LG. As long as HJ doesn't turn the ball over, there's no way LG scores 40+. They simply won't have enough possessions. I believe Bellville only had one possession in the second quarter and three total in the first half against HJ. They got the ball with around 1:30 left in half after the infamous, bad spot, turnover on downs. Lol

If LG forces a couple turnovers then the Hawks will be in trouble.

HJ has struggled with a mobile QB. They will slightly over persue allowing the QB to make a play up the middle.

WOS1
11-25-2014, 07:01 PM

The correct call WAS made.

hookandladder
11-25-2014, 08:44 PM
Keep dreaming brother.

Your bad dream is coming to reality, your team has not faced a team with two D 1 backs in the same backfield. Leps will put this game away in the 2nd half, Leps take care of business .

HJ85
11-25-2014, 08:44 PM
The correct call WAS made. Im not here to argue..but that was not the right call lol..it was shown on film and it was far from the right call..WOS won the game and was the better team..but it made us better..LG is a good team with a great RB..but HJ has some great players as well..hope its an injury free game and the refs don't decide the outcome

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2014, 08:49 PM
I agree that LG offense has HJ beat on speed. With that said, on runs to the outside, HJ is very good at stretching the line until the back has nowhere to run except out of bounds. This group of boys fly to the ball. Very rarely does any one Hawk make a tackle. There will be bodies all around.

HJ should be able to move the ball better than OF did against LG. As long as HJ doesn't turn the ball over, there's no way LG scores 40+. They simply won't have enough possessions. I believe Bellville only had one possession in the second quarter and three total in the first half against HJ. They got the ball with around 1:30 left in half after the infamous, bad spot, turnover on downs. Lol

HJ has struggled with a mobile QB. They will slightly over persue allowing the QB to make a play up the middle.

LG scores quick and with regularity. Should LG get 8 possession in the game (2 per quarter) it would be conceivable to score 6tds.
LGs defense is more than good enough to hold HJ to some 3andouts. Remember OFs first 3 possessions were 3andouts. OF had 185 total yards
So HJ will not play ball control LG defense to good to allow that. 6 LG TDs definitely not out of the question.

HJ85
11-25-2014, 08:56 PM
LG scores quick and with regularity. Should LG get 8 possession in the game (2 per quarter) it would be conceivable to score 6tds.
LGs defense is more than good enough to hold HJ to some 3andouts. Remember OFs first 3 possessions were 3andouts. OF had 185 total yards
So HJ will not play ball control LG defense to good to allow that. 6 LG TDs definitely not out of the question.
I highly doubt that..and I don't think LG has faces a defense like HJ either

PappaFeelGood
11-25-2014, 09:30 PM

HJ has allow 223 points in 12 games. LG has allowed 168 points. Outside of WOS, HJ hasn't seen LG type speed (total team speed).
I highly doubt they slow LGs offense. LEPS by 21.

Pudlugger
11-26-2014, 08:01 AM

Well just how does the HJ defense plan to stop the Leopard offense? Stack the box? LG burns you with the play action. Blitz? LG runs a Qb draw to Hutchison for a long td. Spy on Dobbins? Fake to #22 hand off to #5. Penetrate the LOS? Too much speed around the corners or bubble screen to Dobbins. Too many things for the DC to consider. LG 42-21.

Pudlugger
11-27-2014, 07:31 AM
Fried turkey today Hawks on a stick tomorrow. :D

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2014, 08:39 AM

This post sounds exactly like the HJ and Tatum game. HJ held the ball the whole game. When Tatum scored, it was in the blink of an eye, but here came HJ three yards and a cloud of rubber dust. The difference in this match up, is LG can score every time the get the ball. I have not seen them play, but have talked to people that have seen them and read the stats they have put up. The HJ run defense is as good as you will see, pass defense is average. Tatum was one fumble away from beating HJ even though they owned 90 percent of the game.

Pudlugger
11-27-2014, 09:04 AM
This post sounds exactly like the HJ and Tatum game. HJ held the ball the whole game. When Tatum scored, it was in the blink of an eye, but here came HJ three yards and a cloud of rubber dust. The difference in this match up, is LG can score every time the get the ball. I have not seen them play, but have talked to people that have seen them and read the stats they have put up. The HJ run defense is as good as you will see, pass defense is average. Tatum was one fumble away from beating HJ even though they owned 90 percent of the game.

LG defense is better than that. HJ will go 3 and out on their first possession. Leps will go up 14 by 6 minutes into the first quarter. WOS put 42 on HJ. Leps will do the same. LG 42-21.

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2014, 10:40 AM
HJ has allow 223 points in 12 games. LG has allowed 168 points. Outside of WOS, HJ hasn't seen LG type speed (total team speed).
I highly doubt they slow LGs offense. LEPS by 21.

I agree with everything you said except they haven't faced a team with LG speed. Tatum can run with any team in 4A DI or DII on both sides of the ball. HJ can stop the run, not so much on the pass. The LG Q/B and receivers will be the difference in this game. I agree with the score 42 to 21 LG.

drewlsu
11-27-2014, 11:38 AM
In the Tatum game, the Eagles scored on opening kickoff then not again until around 2 minutes left in game. Only converting 5 first downs song the way, not sure that's the quick strike you were talking about.
When HJ played WOS, they played to stop the pass, and they did. But, that opened up the middle and we got torched by their RB.
I think against LG, HJ will play the run more, making LG beat them with the pass. Which may not turn out so well either. But again, a couple stops and a turnover, and HJ has an excellent opportunity to win this game.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2014, 01:05 PM
Possible next opponent against current opponent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbSICRjBlk

Pudlugger
11-27-2014, 01:58 PM
DCTF highlites J.K. Dobbins 2013 freshman year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6APNNQ9S1_M

SintonFan_inAustin
11-27-2014, 02:03 PM
DCTF highlites J.K. Dobbins 2013 freshman year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6APNNQ9S1_MHe's flying on those extra point blocks. He's fast and quick through the line and stop and start is excellent. 2017? Hasn't even reach his potential in High School!

cowboyandchrist
11-27-2014, 06:10 PM
In the Tatum game, the Eagles scored on opening kickoff then not again until around 2 minutes left in game. Only converting 5 first downs song the way, not sure that's the quick strike you were talking about.
When HJ played WOS, they played to stop the pass, and they did. But, that opened up the middle and we got torched by their RB.
I think against LG, HJ will play the run more, making LG beat them with the pass. Which may not turn out so well either. But again, a couple stops and a turnover, and HJ has an excellent opportunity to win this game.

You were right about the game, but our QB threw the ball terrible against HJ and we turned the ball and missing many starters. If LG has a good passing attack, it will be a long night for HJ.

Pudlugger
11-27-2014, 09:51 PM
You were right about the game, but our QB threw the ball terrible against HJ and we turned the ball and missing many starters. If LG has a good passing attack, it will be a long night for HJ.

I would not be surprised if coach Kates mixes in some pass plays early on to keep the defense guessing and exploit the HJ secondary.

Leopardfan201
11-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Game day tommorrow let's go Leps. Show them hawks how a #5 ranked teams plays, il be thr by noon rooting u on

Scoop27
11-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Will be listening to Gary Dusek on the play by play on KVLG-KBUK out of La Grange

Pudlugger
11-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Tomorrow is game day Leps. Have another piece of pecan pie and top it off with blue Bell ice cream go to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow take it to the Hawks and get the win. Go Leps!

PappaFeelGood
11-28-2014, 07:44 AM
It's game day and Pappa is so fired up he could run thru a brick wall. LEPS bout to load the yellow dogs and go take care of business.
LEPS by 21. Good luck on the "containment" HJ.

zebrablue2
11-28-2014, 09:10 AM
Tomorrow is game day Leps. Have another piece of pecan pie and top it off with blue Bell ice cream go to bed and get some rest. Tomorrow take it to the Hawks and get the win. Go Leps!

Best of luck to the Leps, take it to um!!!

Leopardfan201
11-28-2014, 10:56 AM
About too head the game go leps let's live to play another week

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Sorry La Grange, you're just next. Get ready to play the round ball.

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 02:13 PM
Keep it up Hawks!
7-0

Cat22
11-28-2014, 02:24 PM
HJ up 14-0!

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 02:37 PM
HJ playing great defense....

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 02:42 PM
LG woke up!

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 02:53 PM
Looks like the Leopards are running into a pretty good team here. They are now down 21-7 with 5 mins. left in the first half. They really need another TD here before the half. They are driving with 4 mins. left and they are at about midfield now.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Dobbins takes a qb keeper from the Hawks 44 on an option play to the left all the way for a Leopards TD with a little more than 3 mins. left in the half.

Hardin-Jefferson 21
La Grange 14

3 plays for 54 yds. on that drive.

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 02:57 PM
On-side kick LG??

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:00 PM
3rd and 5 for HJ as they are short of the first here. 4th and 2 and HJ is going for it. It's gonna be close, but he barely makes it. Only 2 mins. left here now at the LG 38. Actually 1:36 left and first down for HJ.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Clock is ticking. 2nd and 9 on an incomplete pass, but holding on HJ will move them back another 10 yds. They have 47 yds to go for a TD with 39 secs. left.

regaleagle
11-28-2014, 03:03 PM
Fumble, but HJ gets on it. One last play here as HJ runs it. That's the half.

HJ 21
LG 14

speedbump
11-28-2014, 03:07 PM
On-side kick LG??

Yea, pretty weird.

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Anybody got a link to this game?

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Keep it up Hawks. We need to come out of halftime with one of our 80 yard, 25 play 9 minute touchdown drives now...

What do you think of #12 LG fans?

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 03:10 PM
http://cent7.directhostingcenter.com/start/nnabkjth/

Scoop27
11-28-2014, 03:12 PM
http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KBUK

Dawgs
11-28-2014, 03:14 PM
http://cent7.directhostingcenter.com/start/nnabkjth/

Thanks

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 03:38 PM
LG with a fake punt...nice.

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Dobbins is the man....

SintonFan_inAustin
11-28-2014, 03:41 PM
http://radio.securenetsystems.net/v5/KBUKthanks

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 03:41 PM
LG goes for two, takes the lead.

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 03:44 PM
HJ can't give LG a short field. Gotta get back on track here.

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 03:47 PM
HJ punting is pretty bad....

BB BULLS
11-28-2014, 03:51 PM
man how about that HJ special teams

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 03:55 PM
I said our kicking game is bad.
And we haven't really had s chance to return any kicks.

BB BULLS
11-28-2014, 04:01 PM
I said our kicking game is bad.
And we haven't really had s chance to return any kicks.

i know but i didnt think they was that bad yall had a chance but i dont know now

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 04:08 PM
I don't want to say die, but HJ better make something happen NOW or I'm afraid it's over.

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Go LG....

BB BULLS
11-28-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't want to say die, but HJ better make something happen NOW or I'm afraid it's over.

they are hanging tough

Roughneck93
11-28-2014, 04:37 PM
LG in victory formation....

bansheefan03
11-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Has Lagrange pass d gottin any better from last year they were pretty good I thought against Carthage but got torched in the passing game

PappaFeelGood
11-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Congrats to HJ on a great season. HJ will continue to be a force in years to come. Safe travel home.

drewlsu
11-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Congrats to La Grange.
Dobbins is a beast. With him around, you should definitely have a solid team for the next couple years.
Hawks left it all on the field, in the end, it was a tight one possession ball game.

Pudlugger
11-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Great game Hawks yall played tough all four quarters. Good showing for HJ and fine season.

Way to hang in there Leps to come from behind in the second half to win the game and advance to the Quarterfinals. You guys showed real grit today. Now to win the Region next week against whoever wins WOS/LaMarque tonight.

hookandladder
11-29-2014, 09:45 AM
Congrats to La Grange.
Dobbins is a beast. With him around, you should definitely have a solid team for the next couple years.
Hawks left it all on the field, in the end, it was a tight one possession ball game.

Dobbins is one bad dude, if I am WOS I put two players on him everywhere he goes and make Hutchinson beat me. I still beleive the lack of QB play will hurt LG in the end, hopefully I am wrong. Congrats HF on solid season.

Pudlugger
11-29-2014, 09:52 AM
Dobbins is one bad dude, if I am WOS I put two players on him everywhere he goes and make Hutchinson beat me. I still beleive the lack of QB play will hurt LG in the end, hopefully I am wrong. Congrats HF on solid season.

HJ not HF Hook. I think Janda and J.K. are doing just fine at QB. We have not needed to go vertical on the pass this season. Our play action with Dobbins as a tuck and run threat is very effective imo. We will see more passing next week against WOS. Our secondary is much better this year and the defense as a whole is quicker and bigger. Leps are in a great position to win this next game. Don't be an Eeyore :D.

hookandladder
11-29-2014, 04:46 PM
HJ not HF Hook. I think Janda and J.K. are doing just fine at QB. We have not needed to go vertical on the pass this season. Our play action with Dobbins as a tuck and run threat is very effective imo. We will see more passing next week against WOS. Our secondary is much better this year and the defense as a whole is quicker and bigger. Leps are in a great position to win this next game. Don't be an Eeyore :D.

Hope your right, just have not ever seen a State Champion team without a true QB. Tye Gunn was the reason we won State, he could do it all.