PDA

View Full Version : Liberty-Eylau Forces Five Turnovers In Second-Round Playoff Defeat Of Ranchview

Aesculus gilmus
11-21-2014, 09:04 AM
http://etsn.fm/liberty-eylau-forces-five-turnovers-in-second-round-playoff-defeat-of-carrollton-ranchview/

Liberty-Eylau must have improved a lot since Gilmer played them.

However, all the Leopards are doing, at best, is setting themselves up for the inevitable Argyle blowout in two weeks.

RPF2666
11-21-2014, 09:08 AM
Ranchview isn't very good, and you are right about Argyle...

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:29 AM
Ranchview or any team that has 5 turnovers...esp. a Pick 6 and fumble within your own 10 yd. line...are in all likelyhood not gonna win that game. LE will NOT get past the Sanger-Paris winner, imo. And Argyle still needs to win tonite and next week in order to get to the regional final. Anything can happen in these playoff games. Ranchview had the offensive stats again last night, but could not overcome themselves....their own mistakes.

waterboy
11-21-2014, 10:35 AM
In all fairness to L-E, they have improved as the season has gone along. New coaches, new scheme, etc., usually means growing pains. I saw flashes of a pretty decent team when we played them in week one. They definitely have some speed and athletes all over the field. L-E's defense will be the telling story of how far they can go. I'll have to agree with regaleagle. They will definitely have a hard time beating the winner of the Paris / Sanger matchup.

Rocket Man
11-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Unexpected this was....hmmm

Eylau
11-21-2014, 12:36 PM
Plenty of people expected Ranchview to beat LE easily.
I hope Paris wins tonight so we can have a district rematch with them.
Paris will not take us lightly like the ranchview fans did, they know what LE is capable of.
Gets awfully scary the following week though for the winner of LE vs Paris/Sanger, but crazier things have happened.

Eylau
11-21-2014, 12:37 PM
Ranchview isn't very good, and you are right about Argyle...

Ranchview has a very good football team, hence why they came into the game 9-2.
Hard to take the athletic plays LE's defense made away from them including the interceptions.

Aguilafanatico
11-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Plenty of people expected Ranchview to beat LE easily.
I hope Paris wins tonight so we can have a district rematch with them.
Paris will not take us lightly like the ranchview fans did, they know what LE is capable of.
Gets awfully scary the following week though for the winner of LE vs Paris/Sanger, but crazier things have happened.

There are no Ranchview fans on this board.

Eagle Nation
11-21-2014, 12:46 PM
There are no Ranchview fans on this board.

Aguila, didn't you mean "there are no Ranchview fans" at the game or is that when they just play us.

Eylau
11-21-2014, 12:48 PM
Every thread I saw majority were already assuming a ranchview vs paris/sanger matchup next week.
There is more than just this board, I am just now finding this board, hence the 3 posts. lol

hollywood
11-21-2014, 12:53 PM
http://etsn.fm/liberty-eylau-forces-five-turnovers-in-second-round-playoff-defeat-of-carrollton-ranchview/

Liberty-Eylau must have improved a lot since Gilmer played them.

However, all the Leopards are doing, at best, is setting themselves up for the inevitable Argyle blowout in two weeks.

I watched most of this game. I will say that LE's defense played pretty well. But the Ranchview offense didn't look that impressive as a whole. Too inconsistant. If the run wasn't there... the passing attempts looked like a backyard football game. QB ran around and threw the ball up for graps hoping one of the athletic WR's would make a catch. Ranchview is a big play offense team. Live and die by the big play. Ranchview's defense was very soft against a predominantly run oriented offense. LE's ran at will when they weren't misfiring the snaps and fumbling the ball. With the talent Ranchview had, I hate to see them lose out this early. Talent isn't everything. Good luck to LE. I think if they can sharpen their execution a bit, they'll give whoever they play all they want. I was impressed with LE's size on the O-line and their skilled positions.

hollywood
11-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Every thread I saw majority were already assuming a ranchview vs paris/sanger matchup next week.
There is more than just this board, I am just now finding this board, hence the 3 posts. lol

Welome to the board Eylau! I was impressed with LE! Get the misfiring execution things worked out on offense and y'all will give whoever y'all play all they want. Congrats on the win!

Btw.. LE Dad... RIP brotha.

Eylau
11-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah we had snap problems early in the year and they showed back up last night.

Deep snapping too, normal deep snapper tore his meniscus last week at practice, he was also a starting linebacker.

execution is key ofcourse.

Im assuming LE Dad was Carl's name on this board. Has now been 4 years since that tragic night.
Thanks for the welcome, Ive been on Smoaky for years but never knew about this board.

hollywood
11-21-2014, 01:07 PM
Yeah we had snap problems early in the year and they showed back up last night.

Deep snapping too, normal deep snapper tore his meniscus last week at practice, he was also a starting linebacker.

execution is key ofcourse.

Im assuming LE Dad was Carl's name on this board. Has now been 4 years since that tragic night.
Thanks for the welcome, Ive been on Smoaky for years but never knew about this board.

Yes Carl... very tragic. See if you can find some of his posts from the search box at the top. He was a fun poster. Kept the pot stirred for sure! lol

Just search Liberty Eylau and see what pops up. Specifically the 2010 season.

Eylau
11-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Thanks for that, I knew Carl for years.
My dad, sister, and fiance were sitting by Carl at that game...my dad conversed with him throughout the games entirety,
and scariest of all my dad, sister, and fiance crossed the same street less than 10 minutes before Carl.

There is a sign there with his name on it now, i travel that road almost daily.
Cool to see that people here remember him

waterboy
11-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Yep. I had the pleasure of meeting Carl on a couple of occasions, along with his daughter, and his son. He was a good man, and I considered him a friend.

Welcome to texasdownlow, Eylau!

The people over here are a little more knowledgeable (most of us, anyway:D), and there's a lot more of them from around the entire state, not just East Texas.

hollywood
11-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Yep. I had the pleasure of meeting Carl on a couple of occasions, along with his daughter, and his son. He was a good man, and I considered him a friend.

Welcome to texasdownlow, Eylau!

The people over here are a little more knowledgeable (most of us, anyway:D), and there's a lot more of them from around the entire state, not just East Texas.

waterboy... that other site in East Texas is too slow. Where's that speed? :D

Seriously, I get on that site from time to time but it's definitely a "fraternity" of East Texas posters... if you're from the outside OR haven't played any of the East Texas teams to give them respect.. you a outcast! lol Just kidding.. I try to stir the pot a little over there.. no one bites unless it's playoff time. Oh snap.. I need to grab my spoon and head over there later. Got some stew to stir!

waterboy
11-21-2014, 02:20 PM
waterboy... that other site in East Texas is too slow. Where's that speed? :D

Seriously, I get on that site from time to time but it's definitely a "fraternity" of East Texas posters... if you're from the outside OR haven't played any of the East Texas teams to give them respect.. you a outcast! lol Just kidding.. I try to stir the pot a little over there.. no one bites unless it's playoff time. Oh snap.. I need to grab my spoon and head over there later. Got some stew to stir!

:D Yep, it's definitely "different" over there, and that "East Texas speed" thing is not a "brain" thing for sure. Get a BIG spoon!:stirpot::D

defense51
11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Aguila, didn't you mean "there are no Ranchview fans" at the game or is that when they just play us.

They only had 20-25 fans at the game against Alvarado last week.....

Aesculus gilmus
11-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Guess they were all back at the ranch, enjoying that view.

hollywood
11-21-2014, 03:46 PM
Guess they were all back at the ranch, enjoying that view.

I guessed there to be 60-80 fans when I tuned into the game during the 2nd quarter. Started the 3rd quarter and thought... dang they gained another 60-80 fans! It was their band!! Sad that the band took up half thier fans.

waterboy
11-21-2014, 03:50 PM
I guessed there to be 60-80 fans when I tuned into the game during the 2nd quarter. Started the 3rd quarter and thought... dang they gained another 60-80 fans! It was their band!! Sad that the band took up half thier fans.

That's just the way it is with most of the schools around the Metromess. They just don't back their schools that they do in small towns around Texas. It's sad really...

garageoffice
11-21-2014, 05:42 PM
I can't say I'm terribly surprised at the outcome. Ranchview had some great athletes, but didn't really play very good football across the board in the game I saw. Mistakes and turnovers can sure balance that athleticism.