PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Ticket Sales

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 07:19 PM
I'm wondering what y'all's experiences have been this year regarding the purchase of tickets before the game.

The only school that offered tickets to us to purchase before the game was Athens, but I don't remember if Student tickets at a lesser price were offered. I don't think our school offered tickets to other schools for sale pre-game. All tickets at the gate are the same for Adult or Student.

We can buy Student tickets for our game this Friday at the high school, but couldn't last week. As an accounting guy, the inconsistency is driving me nuts.

Is there some UIL rule regarding the sale of tickets before the games?

Anybody know how the selling of game tickets is governed?

Pudlugger
11-20-2014, 07:35 PM
I bought mine Tuesday at the Admin Office in La grange for our LG-OF game at $6 a piece $8 at the gate.

here4Villa
11-20-2014, 08:18 PM
^^^^Can do the same in Stephenville as well^^^^

movethechain
11-20-2014, 08:56 PM
^^^^Can do the same in Stephenville as well^^^^

Same routine in Gilmer, with Student tickets selling for $1 less than Adult. BTW, our senior citizens get in free to all athletic events free (except SC games). The Admin Office issues a "Orange" card that gets them in. Seems to get more of the older folks to show up if they think they are getting away with something and rubbing us slightly younger folks noses in it. Kinda like the early bird buffet special. Seniors love a great deal.

BwdLion73
11-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Same routine in Gilmer, with Student tickets selling for $1 less than Adult. BTW, our senior citizens get in free to all athletic events free (except SC games). The Admin Office issues a "Orange" card that gets them in. Seems to get more of the older folks to show up if they think they are getting away with something and rubbing us slightly younger folks noses in it. Kinda like the early bird buffet special. Seniors love a great deal.

Thats a great idea...not that i'm an older folk or anything...:blush:

movethechain
11-20-2014, 09:02 PM
If we didn't have the pre-sale of tickets in Gilmer, there would be rioting in the streets. Us poor folks in Gilmer have to make every dollar count. We also don't like waiting in line for the ticket booth at the stadium to open. As soon as gates open, it's like the Running Of The Bulls In Pamplona.

stardog
11-20-2014, 09:18 PM
For the playoffs the pregame sale of tickets depends on the stadium where game is played. For Round Rock Kelly Reeves Stadium game last Friday had to purchase ticket at the game. Also the Round Rock Kelly Reeves stadium and the Leander ISD John Gupton stadium charges $5 for parking.

For the Burnet - Kingsville game at San Antonio Comalader Stadium able to buy pregame tickets for $6 ( $7 at gate) at our athletic offices. Was told there was no charges for parking.

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
For the playoffs the pregame sale of tickets depends on the stadium where game is played. For Round Rock Kelly Reeves Stadium game last Friday had to purchase ticket at the game. Also the Round Rock Kelly Reeves stadium and the Leander ISD John Gupton stadium charges $5 for parking.

For the Burnet - Kingsville game at San Antonio Comalader Stadium able to buy pregame tickets for $6 ( $7 at gate) at our athletic offices. Was told there was no charges for parking.

To me, parking lot charge is simply a scam to make virtually "free money"

If someone knows a legitimate reason for the charge, please enlighten me.

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all your responses.

Snotbubbles
11-20-2014, 09:30 PM

After this evening, I think illegal immigrants will now get this perk too.

Tejastrue
11-20-2014, 09:32 PM
For this week... pregame tickets..adults $7, students $3. All tickets will be $7 at the gate.

stardog
11-20-2014, 09:44 PM
To me, parking lot charge is simply a scam to make virtually "free money"

If someone knows a legitimate reason for the charge, please enlighten me.

Our athletic secretary said the schools get paid after all expenses are paid. That propably comes from ticket sales only. The school district that owns stadium probably pockets the parking fee.

BwdLion73
11-20-2014, 10:05 PM
After this evening, I think illegal immigrants will now get this perk too.

I turned off my TV and came here to avoid that...lol

Lion70
11-21-2014, 05:46 AM

They deserve it through hard to get older folks to attend games esp if no grandkids are involved aka band , team, cheerleader ect ....