PDA

View Full Version : Community of Burnet to sponsor raffle for Corey!

HotDawg89
12-18-2002, 06:46 PM
Thousands of dollars of items have been donated to the raffle to support the family of Corey Fullbright during this dificult time and those to come.

The community of Burnet, starting with some people from our local Texas Workforce Commission, have come together to support this young man.

The Home Depot in Marble Falls, and several other Marble Falls and Burnet business are also very involved in donating items and materials to this raffle as well. MANY small and large business' alike have donated items , goods or services in the form of gift certificates to the raffle. There are several families that have donated privately owned items such as jewelry and the like to this cause as well. Tickets go on sale December 23, and the drawing will be held January 20. All items have been donated, so all proceeds will go to this young man and his family.

Please buy a ticket! You needn't be present to win. Tickets are $3.00 for one, and I believe 4 for $10.00.

Please contact Lori at the TWC in Burnet for tickets, or her sister Bonnie at the 6th grade campus.

We went to the Jr High School band concert last night, and they had a donation box out too. They collected some good money from what I understand. I am just in awe how people from all these communities have pulled together to help this young man. What a super feeling it leaves me with when our world is in such a crappy disposition.

bulldog65
12-18-2002, 07:12 PM
I am feeling the love!!! The spirit is alive and well in Burnet! You guys are awesome,wonderful,fantastic,giving,generous,though tful,friendly,kind,all that and you have a pretty dang good football team too!!!

Bandera YaYa
12-18-2002, 09:45 PM
Hey, we have heard some people may come to watch our game in Waco Saturday....how about bringing some of those raffle tickets to sell at the game? Is that possible? Just an idea! Burnet Rocks!!!!

BarneyBulldawg4President
12-18-2002, 11:37 PM
Coming from the Burnet Community, I am humbled. Any of the money that we have donated pales in comparison to the struggles Corey will face. We are glad to give. Our future is our children and Corey is one of them. God intends for us to take care of our kids. We truly hope that what we have been able to do will be pivotal in Corey's growth as a young man. We are behind the Everman community and hope that we all learn that's it not about winning, it's how you play the game. Even if that game is the game of life.