PDA

View Full Version : Alvarado 8th Grader Selected to AA Game!

Sville
11-20-2014, 05:48 PM
http://www.cleburnetimesreview.com/sports/alvarado-eighth-grader-selected-for-all-american-game/article_157b6336-70e3-11e4-9a82-d3184c836955.html

ALVARADO — Dylan Roudebush recently wrapped up his football season as an eighth grader for the Alvarado Indians but his football season isn’t over as he’s been selected for an All-American Game in December.

Roudebush, a linebacker and fullback for the Indians, has been selected to play in the National Underclassmen All-American Game in Myrtle Beach, S.C., on Dec. 30.

“It means a lot that I get the chance to play against some of the best in the country,” Roudebush said. “All of the hard work I’ve done over the summer has really paid off.

“I’m looking forward to play with new coaches and players, making new friends and always trying to improve my game.”

Roudebush was a key contributor for the Indians this season as he helped Alvarado to an 8-2 record.

“We did really good this season,” the 5-foot-9, 150-pound athlete said. “We finished 8-2 and went to the district championship game against Kennedale. I wish we could have had a better result against the Wildcats.”

While the Indians came up short for the district title against Kennedale, Roudebush said he enjoyed his final season of junior high football. He averaged seven tackles per game on defense.

“I felt like I did really good,” he said. “I learned a lot from this team.”

Alvarado Coach Eddie Tatum said Roudebush is a special student-athlete.

toddg
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Way to go Dylan!!! Indian proud!

bearbear78
11-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Freakin AWESOME....sounds like a kid to watch over the next four years

poisoned10
11-20-2014, 09:28 PM
Need to send the Gilmer recruiters that way.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

defense51
11-21-2014, 01:14 AM
Need to send the Gilmer recruiters that way.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
:tisk: Heard he doesn't like orange...