PDA

View Full Version : Yoakum football player story

Scoop27
11-20-2014, 01:19 PM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2014/nov/19/heart-of-the-matter/

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Great kid and a true leader of this team. With or without the pads. V4V Dogs!!!!!

Pudlugger
11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
Great kid and a true leader of this team. With or without the pads. V4V Dogs!!!!!

He certainly appears to be a great young man YT, and we are all very grateful he was diagnosed in time. Ventricular septal hypertrophy rarely gives you a second chance. One or two high school athletes die each year from this condition which strikes suddenly usually duting heavy exertion. A few years ago a player from Everman IIRC died suddenly while jogging laps with his coach. Back in 2003 Austin Heart did free cardiac ultrasounds for the La Grange football team and my son had it done(negative thank God). This young man now has the opportunity to go on and make something for himself in life that will far outlast and outshine high school football. I'm confident he will make the most out of this second chance in life. Go Bulldogs!

44INAROW
11-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Glad you posted this Scoop - I was going to and WORK interfered with my "downlow" life :weeping:
Nice article- Kudos to his mom for listening to her gut feeling and insisting he seek medical attention ASAP.

pirate4state
11-20-2014, 03:00 PM
That is so scary. Feel for the kid...special talent he had. Prayers that with medication he can live a full & long life.

Blue42
11-20-2014, 03:17 PM
Sounds like he has a great outlook wish him all the best in the world and my prayers are with him. Got to see him play and he was something to watch 2 TD kickoff returns versus Cuero don’t know much about the issue with his heart, but he played with a heart the size of Texas.

Devine
11-20-2014, 03:50 PM
Glad to know that he is doing well and they found out just in time. Sending prayers to him and his family.

regaleagle
11-20-2014, 04:09 PM
When I was in my mid-20's, one of the young guys in our sales dept. died of heart attack while jogging one morning. This is what it was that struck him suddenly out of the blue.

Ranger354
11-20-2014, 04:21 PM
My son was diagnosed with the same thing his 8th grade year. He is now a Freshman in college and doing just fine. Medication has helped but he never played sports again.

I wish this young man and his family the very best. It is very hard to limit the Spirit of Youth.

PappaFeelGood
11-20-2014, 04:41 PM
Scoop thanks for sharing this news. We will keep this young man in our prayers. May he continue to improve and be a inspiration to the Yoakum Bulldog community.

Snotbubbles
11-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Wow, knew Yokum had some injury's, didn't know it was this young man. Pure pleasure watching him in person against Cuero. He was amazing. He had 5 TD's on that night, two 95 yard KO return TD's, 8 carries and 170'ish yards and 3 more TD.s

Wish him the best and his Dog's. Looking at the Raymondville game last week, and him out then, they are rallying around him. As they should. Your right Pud, glad it was detected, before those other outcomes you mentioned happen unexpectedly. Bless all these kid's, we enjoy watching on a Friday night. As this coach points out, never know if you'll have another game.