PDA

View Full Version : Hey 3ADL Posters!!

Ranger Mom
12-16-2002, 10:06 PM
Is anyone (that's not from Greenwood or Bandera) gonna be able to make it to the game Saturday??

Also, to anyone who lives around the Dallas-Fort Worth area - I am going to drive down Friday and stay with my parents who live off of 380 between Denton and McKinney. What is the best way to go to Waco from there?? Is there alot of construction going on?? I followed someone out of Coppell Saturday night (they went a different way than I came in) and thought I was gonna "meet my Maker" before I got out of that mess.

Thanks a bunch!!

sinton66
12-16-2002, 10:11 PM
Been a long time since I was in Dallas, but from up around Denton, probably best to head to I35 and head south. Runs right thru the middle of Waco.

Ranger Mom
12-16-2002, 10:22 PM
Really?!?!?! :D
That would be too cool - I am a small town girl and those mix masters and exits from the right and left every 50 yards make me a nervous WRECK!!!

I'm coming alone with 5 teenagers and a 1 year old - hopefully we won't have to follow a map too close! eek! eek! eek!

wildstangs
12-16-2002, 10:30 PM
OOOH!! Pick me up in Sweetwater! LOL. I hate driving in Dalls also. Good luck on that one!

sinton66
12-16-2002, 10:43 PM
Ranger Mom, it's a much straighter shot if from Denton you take I35W through Fort Worth to the South. Stay toward the inside lanes. Pretty much a straight shot through the city. 35E through Dallas does go through a complex mixmaster just south of downtown Dallas, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

football
12-16-2002, 10:45 PM
there will be alot of people from cameron watching the game

eye of the tiger
12-16-2002, 11:09 PM
Rangermom I agree with the posters that say use I35w from Denton through Ft Worth. About 125 miles to Waco from Denton. Dalls is always a mess so avoid I35E if at all possible. Good luck on your game and drive safely.

Ranger Mom
12-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Okay, out here in West Texas where the towns are fairly far apart, 125 miles is gonna take you less that 2 hours, but........considering I'm gonna be in the "city", :( how long should it take me? I not only have to worry about getting lost (which is very possible - no navigational skills at all), I have to worry about what time to leave to make it there by kick-off!! I already have a tension headache!!

sinton66
12-16-2002, 11:46 PM
You're east of Denton, right? I'd say 2-1/2 to 3 hrs. with a couple of stops. Not a whole lot of places to stop between FT.Worth and Hillsboro, though except for Burleson, Alvarado, and Grandview. The two I35's join back together just north of Hillsboro. Plenty of places after that.

Keith7
12-16-2002, 11:49 PM
Its not too bad.. just follow the green signs on I-35! haha.. thats how i found my way to austin last year for basketball championships

slpybear the bullfan
12-17-2002, 12:48 AM
Ranger Mom:
Is anyone (that's not from Greenwood or Bandera) gonna be able to make it to the game Saturday??

Also, to anyone who lives around the Dallas-Fort Worth area - I am going to drive down Friday and stay with my parents who live off of 380 between Denton and McKinney. What is the best way to go to Waco from there?? Is there alot of construction going on?? I followed someone out of Coppell Saturday night (they went a different way than I came in) and thought I was gonna "meet my Maker" before I got out of that mess.

Thanks a bunch!!Hey, RangerMom, when you are driving east on 380, you will pass right through a couple of Great 3A football towns, Bridgeport and Decatur. Be sure to look for the Big Sandy Creek bridge, (i.e. Battle of Big Sandy).

Be safe!

BIG19
12-17-2002, 10:12 AM
RangerMom, I know there will be plenty of Burnet folks there. As always, please be careful on the drive to and from the game.

<small>[ December 17, 2002, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

big daddy russ
12-17-2002, 10:57 AM
A couple of people from Ingleside and Portland will be there.

RANGERFAN31
12-17-2002, 01:12 PM
HEY RANGERMOM, GOT A MAP FOR YOU. I'LL LEAVE IT IN THE SAME PLACE AS LAST WEEK. THERE WILL ALSO BE PEOPLE FROM COPPERAS COVE AND KILLEEN THERE TO CHEER ON THE RANGERS.

Ranger Mom
12-17-2002, 06:50 PM
Thanks RF31 - I'm not so much worried about the drive as much as I am about road construction. I hit that coming home following somebody else. Had I not about killed myself trying to stay up with him I would have been SO LOST!! It was a nightmare!!
Thanks for taking care of me once again!! :D :D

Matthew328
12-17-2002, 11:46 PM
To be honest there aren't very many good places to eat between Ft Worth and Waco..LOL there are a TON of chain restaraunts though...LOL used to be a good mexican restaraunt off I-35 near Everman..but it good robbed too much so it closed..LOL there are some GREAT places to eat in downtown Ft Worth though..to get to Waco ISD just follow I-35 into Waco and exit New Road...make a right and the stadium is on your right