PDA

View Full Version : ARGYLE (11-0) vs. KAUFMAN (5-6)

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Argyle and Kaufman meet Friday night at Standridge stadium in Carrollton. Argyle is 1-0 at Standridge this year, beating Ranchview in district play. A 20 mile drive for Argyllians vs 55 for Kaufman(ites?). Argyle girls vball state semifinal in Garland at 3:00pm then over to Carrollton to see this matchup at 7:30.Hoping for a great double-dip. Argyle is rounding into playoff form. Offensively both the passing game and running game have been outstanding all year. Last week, QB Cooper Rodgers went 13 for 13 for 265 yds and 6td's while Ralston had close to 100 yds midway through the 2nd qtr when he was pulled. Defense has been playing lights out the past 4 -5 weeks.

I don't know much about Kaufman.

Any insight?

waterboy
11-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Yep..., Argyle wins big.:D

toddg
11-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Argyle marches on with ease..setting up a showdown with Kennedale(if they TCB against Athens, which i think they will)

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 03:46 PM
Argyle marches on with ease..setting up a showdown with Kennedale(if they TCB against Athens, which i think they will)

Based on record alone, I thought Princeton would beat Kaufman. I also thought Van would take care of Paris. Can't take any game/team for granted, especially at this point of the season. Looking ahead can put you on the basketball court.

waterboy
11-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Based on record alone, I thought Princeton would beat Kaufman. I also thought Van would take care of Paris. Can't take any game/team for granted, especially at this point of the season. Looking ahead can put you on the basketball court.

Sure you can... You're Argyle!:D

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 04:03 PM
Sure you can... You're Argyle!:D

Crushed that Gilmer is D2........:cheerl:

waterboy
11-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Crushed that Gilmer is D2........:cheerl:

Yep, lucky break, huh? :D For who we don't know...:devil:

I'm going to miss our wars...:(

hollywood
11-17-2014, 06:01 PM

Yep, seriously any team. Argyle, Wylie, Gilmer, Navasota, Graham, Stephenville... the list goes on and on. It comes down to... Live to play another week!

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Yep, lucky break, huh? :D For who we don't know...:devil:

I'm going to miss our wars...:(

Guess we will never know who owns the "lucky break", maybe both. Just good to have won the last war. What a game.

Aesculus gilmus
11-17-2014, 07:13 PM
Someone needs to put out an APB for regaleagle. Five hours without a post on an Argyle thread! :eek:

Argyle will win big, as usual.

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Someone needs to put out an APB for regaleagle. Five hours without a post on an Argyle thread! :eek:

Argyle will win big, as usual.

That's about how long it takes him to type his posts.

toddg
11-17-2014, 08:04 PM
That's about how long it takes him to type his posts.

yeah, but you have to admire his style

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 08:13 PM

Hence the name, "Regal"eagle.

ccmom
11-17-2014, 08:58 PM

Is that a rule? I never read that one. ;)

toddg
11-17-2014, 09:06 PM
is that a rule? I never read that one. ;) rule#135.3 section c amended..

garageoffice
11-17-2014, 11:05 PM
Kennedale played Kaufman early in the season. My impression was that they had some really good athletes and decent speed. Their main problem at that time was consistency. I remember thinking at the time that, if they could get it all together, they could be pretty good. Of course, I have no idea if they ever got it together or not.

regaleagle
11-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Just looking at the film clips against Princeton last week, they got it together. Sr. QB Jackson Fritz(6-0,205) runs the offense well. He does a good job reading the defense and will keep it or call his own number on the read option, their primary offensive scheme. When he throws it, he finds the reciever quickly and on time. #8 Dru Prox(6-1,195,Sr.) is used in various ways, but has lots of speed, great moves in the open field and likes to change directions on a dime. He's also their deep threat, and just a natural athlete. #5 Desmond Williams(5-6,155) has similar moves and great speed, runs jet sweeps, hides behind the lineman and slips thru quickly for good gains(scatback). It appears they have a stable of ball carriers they use frequently and good athletic types at all the skill positions on both sides of the ball, with medium sized guys that play well together. The Oline has some beef as well, enough to open holes for short yardage on the goal line and to create creases for their speedy backs. They like misdirection and use it all the time. The D looks like it may be susceptible to a good power running game, but the secondary has those athletic types that can cover the corners and the recievers. I would say a very balanced offense like Argyle has will give this team more trouble than a team that is slanted heavily one way or the other. The Lions look like they pick up yardage in big chunks and may be able to break some long ones with their speed by getting the D out of position with the cutbacks, misdirection, and quick hitters. The qb is very decisive and will not just hold the ball. I did look at earlier filmclips of this team, and boy what an improvement they've made over the season. Looks like they found the right spots for their guys and are playing with much confidence. A good defense is a must against their attack....they execute so well. The record is not representative of the team they appear to be at this juncture. The Eagles will be tested. This team reminds me of Paris, but with more athletic types at more positions.

icu812
11-18-2014, 01:17 AM
Unfortunately I know anything can happen in a football game and it's good your not taking Kaufman lightly but....this is the same Kaufman team Van beat 31-0 two weeks ago. Argyle rolls.

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Unfortunately I know anything can happen in a football game and it's good your not taking Kaufman lightly but....this is the same Kaufman team Van beat 31-0 two weeks ago. Argyle rolls.

Old timers tell me that the last time these two teams played was in the playoffs (area round) 2008. Argyle was a big favorite and lost 21-16. I am told that the 2008 playoff loss still sticks with the coaching staff and for that reason, I don't expect Kaufman to be overlooked by these young Eagles. The case of a devastating loss several years ago serving as motivation to stay focused today.

regaleagle
11-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Old timers tell me that the last time these two teams played was in the playoffs (area round) 2008. Argyle was a big favorite and lost 21-16. I am told that the 2008 playoff loss still sticks with the coaching staff and for that reason, I don't expect Kaufman to be overlooked by these young Eagles. The case of a devastating loss several years ago serving as motivation to stay focused today.

I was at that game and remember well. Kaufman coaches will have this group well-prepared for Argyle, and will try anything and everything to gain an advantage. I have seen enough clips to realize their capabilities. Our players will need to play very disciplined football and not fall for the misdirection and "trickster" plays.

I might add that just because their team did in fact upset Argyle in the playoffs before gives their players and coaches even more cause to believe they can do it again. That in itself is a "danger" signal that Argyle needs to heed. Forget about retribution and play quality, disciplined football. Kaufman can only win if they force Argyle into making so many mistakes that the Eagles lose their composure and discipline. I don't see this happening with our coaching staff. I'll guarantee Coach Rodgers is very aware and will have the Eagles ready.

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Well said.

icu812
11-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Last year Kaufman did give Kilgore a scare in round 2 and on paper Kilgore should have blown them out. I don't think that happens this year though. They did move the ball a little on us they just couldn't put the ball in the endzone. They played us pretty well against the run but we had lots of big plays in the passing game. Argyle is balanced on offense and that seems to give them trouble.

garciap77
11-18-2014, 08:27 PM
:thinking:........I'm going with Kaufman with the upset...........:thinking:

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 09:43 PM
:thinking:........I'm going with Kaufman with the upset...........:thinking:

That's what I was thinking.........Seminole vs Levelland.

garciap77
11-18-2014, 10:09 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/_thb_MG_Just_Kidding1.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/_thb_MG_Just_Kidding1.gif.html)

ccmom
11-18-2014, 10:20 PM

Haha, nice reply. ;)

However, when garciap77 pics against you, you are almost guaranteed a win!! ;)

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 10:28 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/_thb_MG_Just_Kidding1.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/_thb_MG_Just_Kidding1.gif.html)

If ccmom is correct, we will hold you to your first pick. No take backs.

garciap77
11-18-2014, 11:29 PM
Haha, nice reply. ;)

However, when garciap77 pics against you, you are almost guaranteed a win!! ;)
pics as in pictures????:D

garciap77
11-18-2014, 11:37 PM
If ccmom is correct, we will hold you to your first pick. No take backs.

No take backs it is! I would hate to miss the chance of playing you again! As the famous "Jacketwood" who say, "it's hard to beat a team twice"!;)

P.S. :thinking: .........Should I be worried about the Honeybees????? ............. :thinking::D

regaleagle
11-18-2014, 11:41 PM
When I read garciap77's "tongue in cheek" post, I personally said to myself....OH YES!!! I knew right then Argyle was gonna win, haha.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 02:07 PM
Not sure what the weather will be tonite in the Dallas area, but the Argyle faithful get a lucky break in this game. They only hafta drive a short 20 mins. to Standridge in Carrollton. Kaufman's drive should be a little longer.....maybe an hour in traffic. I think the Kaufman faithful will show up in heavy support against Argyle in this game tonite. They will be hoping for another upset like they pulled off in 2008. I know the Argyllians will be there in strength to support the Eagles. Should be a great night for football....the temps are mild and the forecast for rain is low until later in the evening....maybe not at all tonite in the DFW area, I dunno.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Kaufman won the toss and deferred, so Argyle will take the kickoff to start this Area Round playoff game at Standridge Stadium in Carrollton. The weather 64 and breezy, and may end up being wet as the game progresses. Kaufman runs an offense that almost mirrors the offense Argyle runs, but with a sizeable good running qb that has also passed for over 1,000 yds this season. QB Frazier for Kaufman is 6-1, 205 and has 4.7 speed in the 40. They also run a very speedy stable of athletic rb's and have a very athletic team on defense that swarms to the ball. Should be a good test for Argyle tonite.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Argyle will attempt to run between the tackles tonite using Ralston to wear down the Lions defense. Wind coming out of the south as Argyle takes the kick. Argyle takes the kick short at the 39 to start.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:32 PM
First down Rodgers rolls to the left and throws incomplete. 2nd and 10 for Argyle from its own 39 now. Gage McCook takes the jet sweep for 9 yds.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:34 PM
Jet sweep to Drew Estrada makes it for a first down from the 49. First and 10 to Ralston for only about 2 yds.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:35 PM
Rodgers hits Estrada down to the Kaufman 30 yd line for a good pass and run for the EAgles. Now Rodgers gets pressure and is sacked for a 5 yd loss on 1st down.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:39 PM
The pitch to Ralston outside there was another loss on that 2nd down play. Rodgers hits Hunter Markwardt just one yard short of the first. 4 and 1 at the 21. Ralston takes it 5 for an Eagle firstdown as Casey Harper throws a really nice trap block for Ralston on that one. Big hole up the middle between the center and guard as Ralston takes it right up the middle for a touchdown. Argyle strikes in their first possession as the Oline broke that hole wide open.

Argyle 7
Kaufman 0

61 yd opening drive....3rd and 19 pass to Markwardt from Rodgers was right on the money.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:40 PM
Kickoff to Kaufman was kicked out of the end zone. Argyle's 10-1 defense will try to stop Kaufman now. Jackson Fritz tries a keeper on the zone read for no gain to start.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:42 PM
That slant pass to brother Jefferson Fritz went incomplete. 3rd and 10 now for the Lions from their own 25. A deep pass to Jefferson to the Lion 44 for a first down. A good catch as Jefferson went high to make that grab.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Bearden throws Desmond Williams for a one yard loss on first. Pass imcomplete to brother Jefferson. Jackson Fritz throws a night tight spiral and appears to have a good arm.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:44 PM
3rd and 10 went incomplete as Kaufman punts down to the Argyle 29 as Markwardt fair catches it.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:45 PM
Rodges pitches it outside, but the linebackers for Kaufman throw the Eagles for another loss of 2 yds. That wide stuff hasn't worked yet. Ralston hits it up the middle on a draw play down to the Kaufman 28 yd line. 45 yds. on that one.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:50 PM
Now Ralston sees a crease off his right and runs for another 15 yds. 1st and goal now for Argyle. Now Estrada is thrown for a loss way back at the 16 yd line as he attempted a wide sweep there. Now Rodgers finds JC Chalk takes it down to the 3 yd line. Ralston runs over a defensive man to take in for another Argyle score.

Argyle 14
Kaufman 0

2:14 1st qtr. That was a 69 yd drive on Argyle's 2nd possession of this game. Credit Ralston for most of those yds. 76 yds with the losses on that drive, actually. Ralston has 76 yds. rushing right now.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:51 PM
Fritz options it himself for 4 on first down. Now he picks up another 14 yds. for a first down to the 42. Now down to the 45. 2nd and 7 for Kaufman.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Fritz keeps it for 3 more. 3rd and 5 as Fritz runs the option again for about 6 yds. Uh-oh....Fritz gets up and goes back down. He may be injured here. Looks like he may have rolled an ankle or something. Time out here in Carrollton.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:55 PM
Fritz limps off the field. Flag against Kaufman here. Desmond Williams picks up 9 yds there, but it was 1st and 20 after that penalty.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Backup qb Austin Gomez picks up 5 on the zone read on 2nd down here. Desmond Williams runs for another firstdown to the Argyle 37 as he shows his speed and agility in the open field. Bubble screen by Gomez goes incomplete as the Argyle dback knocks it away. 3rd and 6 for Kaufman as the quarter ends.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:00 PM
Kaufman is driving. Williams from the Wildcat down to the 32. 4th and about 5, but 4 down territory here. It would be a 45 yd field goal. Time out Kaufman.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:01 PM
The zone read has worked for the Lions so far and are good in the open field with their moves. They are quick inside also. Here we go. It goes student body right, but Williams is met by a whole host of Argyle players for no gain. Argyle will take over.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:04 PM
Ralston gains 5 yds to the Argyle 37 on first down. Rodgers throws deep to Estrada down the right side, but he gets tangled up and the pass goes incomplete. 3rd and 5 as Ralston breaks tackles for 10 yds for another first down. Ralston broke that blitz call tackle.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:06 PM
Now Ralston slips thru the hole and turns on the jets all the way down for another TD run 54 yds. A big run there by Ralston as he hit that hole and just outran everybody to the end zone.

Argyle 21
Kaufman 0

Argyle is 3 for 3 on their possessions so far in the first half. 68 yds on that drive.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Desmond Williams takes that kick back to the Kaufman 37 yd line. He has 4.5 speed. Gomez takes it on the zone read for 4 yds. Williams picks up 5 there to the Argyle 43.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:09 PM
Williams takes it to midfield for a firstdown. If Argyle doesn't wrap him up, it will be a track meet. Now Gomez hits Williams and he takes it down to the Argyle 32, but a flag is down. Illegal lineman downfield for Kaufman. The ball will come back. Good throw by Gomez, though.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Now Gomez throws a slant and Eric Ramon intercepts it diving for it. Argyle ball.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Looks like Argyle may just run it out here. Uh-oh, the ball is snapped thru Cooper Rodgers hands and Kaufman jumps on it. Now Kaufman has a chance to score here right before the half.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:14 PM
4th and 1 as Williams gains just enough for a first down. Dru Prox takes it down to the 5 for another first down.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:15 PM
2nd and goal here from the 4. Gomez under center as Williams is hit at the 2 and stretches the ball to the one . 3rd and 1 at the goal line. Time out Argyle.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:17 PM
It appears the Lion runners are getting good yardage after being initially hit. They run tough. Here it is 3rd and 1 from the 1. Oh, its a fumble and the ball squirts into the end zone as Argyle recovers the ball for a touchback.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:20 PM
1st and 10 from the 20 here for Argyle. Rodgers pitches it outside to Ralston as he hits the corner and gets in the open. He's got everybody chasing him and here comes Estrada as he blocks the trailing Lion catching Ralston. Ralston takes it in for the 80 yd TD run.

Argyle 28
Kaufman 0

Drew Estrada's block on the 20 yd line kept that defender from catching Ralston to make that run good for Ralston.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:22 PM
Now the Argyle D-line seems to wearing out the Kaufman Oline and giving the Lions some serious trouble. The Lions have some excellent runners that are dangerous and speedy once they get into the open field. Kaufman punts to Argyle now.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:24 PM
On 2nd and 17, Rodgers hits Estrada as he picks up another 7 for a 19 yd gain down to the Argyle 47. Rodgers goes to Estrada deep, but it is thrown off to the side. Ralston takes it down to the Kaufman 41 for another big gain.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Rodgers hits McCook for 13 more yards down to the Kaufman 28 now. Time out with a minute left in the half.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry it's the 19 yd line. Cooper Rodgers hits Gage McCook for a 19 yd pass. McCook fakes left at the goal line and breaks right as the football is there waiting for him on a beautiful pass by Rodgers and a perfect route by McCook.

Argyle 35
Kaufman 0

Argyle has scored on every possession this half.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:29 PM
Williams takes it from the 18 yd line all the way out to the Argyle 47 yd line. He's awful fast and shifty in the open field. 47 secs left in the half. Good kick return for Williams.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:30 PM
Gomez hits Jefferson Fritz down to the Argyle 18 yd. line with 10 secs left. Time out Kaufman. They'll try to score here before the half.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Flag before the snap...illegal procedure on Kaufman. They have 3 recievers left and one right here. Pass incomplete with 5 secs left.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 09:33 PM
Last play of the half here. Kaufman will go for the TD. Gomez rolls and is under pressure. Taylor Sweatt and Jacob Forrer get the sack. Halftime.

Arygyle 35
Kaufman 0

Halftime

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:06 PM
Ralston had 257 yds. rushing in the first half.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:07 PM
Kaufman goes 3 and out to start the 2nd half and punt to Argyle.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:11 PM
Argyle breaks a long run as Casey Harper delivers a perfect block on the LB for Ralston as he picks up blocks downfield for another long TD run.

Argyle 42
Kaufman 0

9:43 3rd qtr. 48 yd. Td run on 2 plays behind the Rodgers to McCook first down pass play to the sideline for 10 yds.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Kaufman punts it Argyle after gaining one firstdown. McCook takes the punt and is immediately tackled. Ralston has 305 yds rushing and 5 TD's so far.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Eric Ramon is in there now for Ralston and is swallowed up on that 2nd down play for no gain. Rodgers throws it over the middle and hit Estrada. It's a footrace now to the goal line as he breaks a tackle at the 20 and takes it all the way in for a TD. That pass was threaded between 2 defenders to Estrada as he took it in full stride.

Argyle 49
Kaufman 0

Argyle has scored on every possession so far in this game.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:19 PM
In the Kennedale/Athens game, they say not one pass has been thrown so far.....but I didn't catch the score.

Eagle Nation
11-21-2014, 10:20 PM
21-20 kennedale

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Kaufman hit a long pass there after a good kickoff return and a couple of good positive runs. They are at the Argyle 18 yd. line against the 2nd teamers now. Williams scores and Kaufman is on the scoreboard.

Argyle 49
Kaufman 6 Extra point was wide left

4 min. 3rd qtr.

Eagle Nation
11-21-2014, 10:22 PM
26-21 Athens
Over 600 yds rushing between both teams. Zero passes thrown

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Dane Ledford at qb, Eric Ramon at rb now in there getting some playing time.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:26 PM
Dillon Sadler nails the returner on the 60 yd Argyle punt.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:41 PM
It's 45 degrees and raining pretty hard now in Standridge Stadium with 5 mins. left in the game. The backups have the ball for Argyle, but they just punted it down to the Lions 12 yd. line.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:42 PM
Everybody's running for cover as the rain continues and this game is basically decided.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Kennedale is trailing by 3 in the last seconds and are at the Athens 8 yd line with very little time left. Kennedale scores from 11 yds out to go ahead 30-26. That may be the final score of that ballgame.

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Kaufman goes the distance for 48 yds with 40 secs. left in the game.

Argyle 49
Kaufman 13

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 10:50 PM
That should just about do it here. Argyle will advance next week against Kennedale.

Argyle 49
Kaufman 13

Final

texas_wildcat
11-21-2014, 11:10 PM
So where y'all think the kennedale game will be played at

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Heck, let's just meet in Arlington at Jerryworld, lol.

toddg
11-21-2014, 11:13 PM
So where y'all think the kennedale game will be played at

Alvarado..nice stadium, heated turf

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Alvarado..nice stadium, heated turf

Probably end up somewhere like Birdville ISD stadium....but who knows? Maybe Aledo, maybe Alvarado, maybe anywhere????

Eagle Nation
11-21-2014, 11:52 PM
Next Friday @ 6pm in Mesquite

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 11:55 PM
Next Friday @ 6pm in Mesquite

What's the name of that stadium over there?

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 12:00 AM
I didn't hear which stadium. I would think it will be Memorial or Hanby.

Eagle Nation
11-22-2014, 12:15 AM
It will be at Hanby Stadium.

toddg
11-22-2014, 12:20 AM
It will be at Hanby Stadium.not a hard drive for Kennedale