PDA

View Full Version : Kennedale vs Athens

texas_wildcat
11-17-2014, 02:07 PM
Who you have in this game, and score and why

toddg
11-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Athens pretty athletic, but ill take the Wildcats in this one..wont be a blowout..i say 35-21 Kennedale

bleedgreen
11-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Athens will be surprised at the Kennedale offensive speed when the game begins and it will take them too long to adjust. Kennedale's defense is the best I have ever seen and I've followed them a long time. It's Kennedale's secondary I have always worried about but now that they have a good defensive quarterback rush, the secondary doesn't have to be perfect. I'm concerned that Kennedale has had a very soft schedule except for Alvarado in district. They have got to get motivated and go all out in this game with the attitude that it's all or nothing. Kennedale 42 Athens 21

toddg
11-17-2014, 08:01 PM
Athens will be surprised at the Kennedale offensive speed when the game begins and it will take them too long to adjust. Kennedale's defense is the best I have ever seen and I've followed them a long time. It's Kennedale's secondary I have always worried about but now that they have a good defensive quarterback rush, the secondary doesn't have to be perfect. I'm concerned that Kennedale has had a very soft schedule except for Alvarado in district. They have got to get motivated and go all out in this game with the attitude that it's all or nothing. Kennedale 42 Athens 21

i doubt Athens has seen the Wing-T the way Kennedale runs it..and the OLine for the wildcats is the best iv seen them have in a while

icu812
11-18-2014, 01:04 AM
i doubt Athens has seen the Wing-T the way Kennedale runs it..and the OLine for the wildcats is the best iv seen them have in a while

The same can probably be said about Kennedale playing against Athens version of the wing/slot t. They have a good O-line, a FB that is a beast and some good backs. Defensively Athens is pretty average. I expect Kennedale may win but Athens is no pushover.

texas_wildcat
11-18-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm thinking kennedale wins 48-17 kennedale has the best D I have ever seen

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 11:31 AM
Ever seen....ever?? Wow. 85 Bears, Doomsday, Steel Curtain and Kennedale.

Gsquared
11-18-2014, 11:52 AM
ever seen....ever?? Wow. 85 bears, doomsday, steel curtain and kennedale.

lol!!

defense51
11-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Ever seen....ever?? Wow. 85 Bears, Doomsday, Steel Curtain and Kennedale.

Don't forget the '83 Dangerfield defense... I'm betting texas_wildcat was speaking of the best Kennedale defense he/she has ever seen.

regaleagle
11-18-2014, 12:05 PM
These type of matchups in the playoffs will finally tell much about a team like Kennedale. Up to this point, their schedule has been nothing short of blowing out very weak opponents, with the exception of Alvarado....and Gainesville to start the season. I believe the Alvarado game may have been a wake up call for the Wildcats, and now they are better prepared to meet a quality team like Athens. Just how much we will see....the score against Alvarado was 30-27 three weeks ago. That was NOT an impressive win, but a "nail biter". When you compare the schedule the Wildcats have played to those of other top-ranked teams like Argyle, Graham, Wylie, etc......well it just doesn't compare. What does this mean? It means that this game will tell us much about both teams, but esp. Kennedale. It tells us that this game will be worth paying close attention to and may not be settled until very late in the 4th quarter. It's time to buckle up and play your best football each week. The gym awaits the loser.

icu812
11-18-2014, 02:40 PM
I think people are underestimating the Athens offense. Although they have no passing game whatsoever it's still the best offense I saw this year. It will take a big, physical D line and MLB to keep their 5'8'' 230lb fullback in check so your secondary & OLB'ers can contain their outside runs & traps. In their game against Van our speed allowed us to contain everybody else but their fullback ate our lunch. They gave him the ball 42 times. He runs extremely hard, has good speed and even though they have another corner/rb committed to A&M the fullback is the best player on the team. We just outscored them. IMO they are better offensively than Paris. Although Paris spreads your D and runs their big QB like a FB between the tackles the Athens FB is even more difficult to get on the ground. Better have a stout front and big LB'ers against either one of those teams.

bleedgreen
11-20-2014, 09:40 AM
The Athens Review newspaper has a good 3 page article on this upcoming game. I think it's worth reading.

http://www.athensreview.com/

hollywood
11-20-2014, 09:51 AM
One dimensional run oriented teams aren't hard to stop in HS football. UNLESS, they have any kind of a passing game. It takes just 2-3 completions down field per drive for the opposing defense to respect the pass enough to soften the defense. Otherwise, load the box and bring it! :)

toddg
11-20-2014, 10:14 AM
One dimensional run oriented teams aren't hard to stop in HS football. UNLESS, they have any kind of a passing game. It takes just 2-3 completions down field per drive for the opposing defense to respect the pass enough to soften the defense. Otherwise, load the box and bring it! :)yeah but, Kennedale has a RB that can hit a mouse hole for an 80 yarder..

Aguilafanatico
11-20-2014, 10:48 AM
One dimensional run oriented teams aren't hard to stop in HS football. UNLESS, they have any kind of a passing game. It takes just 2-3 completions down field per drive for the opposing defense to respect the pass enough to soften the defense. Otherwise, load the box and bring it! :)

:evillol:

bleedgreen
11-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Where do you think Argyle will play Athens? I think Pennington Field would be a great stadium.

Aguilafanatico
11-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Where do you think Argyle will play Athens? I think Pennington Field would be a great stadium.

Argyle plays Kaufman at Carrollton Ranchview in the cold rain Friday night, that's as far as the schedule goes so far. Where is Kennedale next week?

Aguilafanatico
11-20-2014, 11:04 AM

Assume you expect Kennedale to be playing at Pennington

regaleagle
11-20-2014, 05:52 PM
One of the better matchups of the week in Class 4A, imo. I agree that most onlookers around the state naturally think Kennedale will win this one easily. "Not so fast" as the saying goes. I believe Athens will show up in this game and give the Wildcats a real battle. I haven't seen either team play....just what I have been able to read about them both. And looking at the schedules. Both are run-oriented teams with good quality backs. Looks like this one may come down to defense and turnovers. Should be a real smashmouth type of game to watch. Knowing more about Kennedale from past years than Athens, I tend to think the Wildcat D will be better at smashmouth....but I could be wrong on that account. This may end up being one heckuva a playoff game to attend. Good luck to the fans, players, and coaches of both schools. It's been a great year getting to this game.

defense51
11-21-2014, 01:21 AM
yeah but, Kennedale has a RB that can hit a mouse hole for an 80 yarder..

The young man has some wheels, he's usually good for four td's at least. We contained him, and he still ended up with 194 yards rushing... If I'm not mistaken, he's committed to SDSU.

defense51
11-21-2014, 01:23 AM
Where is this game being played?

bleedgreen
11-21-2014, 07:38 AM
When I see Washington run, he reminds me of a combo Demarco Murray / Barry Sanders. Now the QB from Ranchview is definitely all Barry Sanders. I've never seen a high school runner avoid tackles like "Wadley"? does. He's amazing and extremely hard to contain.

Of course, Kennedale can't win because they are one dimensional. Just stack the line up and contain the outside. I'm sure Athens will win with no problem if Athens has any kind of a good size defensive line. Kennedale has never been past region. Why change that outlook this year.

Kennedale plays Athens in Forney at Citibank Field 7:30. I'm not sure if I'm going....I think I've caught a mild cold and not feeling 100%. If this game is broadcast, please advise.