PDA

View Full Version : Texas High School Football

Deuce
11-16-2014, 12:53 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11859896/9-exits-texas-20-tell-story-football-football-state

garciap77
11-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Nice read. Thanks!

Deuce
11-16-2014, 07:42 PM
I am glad someone read it. I though it would get a little more response. Definitely a good read!

buckeyebob
11-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks...enjoyable...I am sharing it with a bunch of friends

waterboy
11-17-2014, 09:41 AM
It was an interesting article for sure, but I thought it painted a negative light to what Texas is all about. I don't think the writer really "gets" it, and it shows. Just my opinion.

d0tc0m
11-17-2014, 12:50 PM
It was an interesting article for sure, but I thought it painted a negative light to what Texas is all about. I don't think the writer really "gets" it, and it shows. Just my opinion.

Agreed. Wright is a fantastic writer, there's no question. He paints a hauntingly beautiful picture with his story. However, it tends to just shed negative light on Texas HS football, almost to try and bring the Lone Star state down a few notches. It appears that he was trying to write a story that made people say, 'Yeah, Texas has great football, but look at the cost. I'm glad my state doesn't do it that way...' The story never even touches any detail about the positives that football has on a great deal of Texas schools and communities.

Well written, but just kind of par for the course for an outsider's 'take' on Texas high school football. Nothing special.

Aguilafanatico
11-17-2014, 01:23 PM
Agreed. Wright is a fantastic writer, there's no question. He paints a hauntingly beautiful picture with his story. However, it tends to just shed negative light on Texas HS football, almost to try and bring the Lone Star state down a few notches. It appears that he was trying to write a story that made people say, 'Yeah, Texas has great football, but look at the cost. I'm glad my state doesn't do it that way...' The story never even touches any detail about the positives that football has on a great deal of Texas schools and communities.

Well written, but just kind of par for the course for an outsider's 'take' on Texas high school football. Nothing special.

:iagree: