PDA

View Full Version : Hardin-Jeffereson 20, Bellville 10 FINAL

BB BULLS
11-16-2014, 09:13 AM
we didn't play to good last week but I think we will be ready for HJ. the Brahmas by 7, can someone make this thread have a poll

Pudlugger
11-16-2014, 10:25 AM
HJ is a very good football team at least as good or better than Wharton. Bellville wil be tested. If they show up like last Friday it will be the end of their season. If the team that rebounded after the loss to Stafford in game two shows up it will be on to round three. I rate this game a toss up but give it to Bellville by +1.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2014, 10:27 AM
Bellville awakens.

Brahmas by 14.

WOS1
11-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Hj 35-14

Pudlugger
11-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Hj 35-14

Bellville's D will not give up 35 to HJ. They gave up 30 to Wharton, 22 to Gonzales and Giddings all high scoring passing teams. HJ likes to run. I see a fairly low scoring game like 21-19 Bellville.

BB BULLS
11-16-2014, 07:20 PM
Hj 35-14

wow no respect for the brahma defense. but that why we play the games

BB BULLS
11-17-2014, 08:00 AM
what type of offense does HJ run? are they passing or running team?

GUNHO
11-17-2014, 08:49 AM
what type of offense does HJ run? are they passing or running team?

Wing T or a varyation of it.Might attempt 1 or 2 passes.They have a very good running game.WO-S was able to limit their long drives to two and score most of the time when they had the ball which was the key to the win.HJ well be a big test for the Bulls D.

BB BULLS
11-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Wing T or a varyation of it.Might attempt 1 or 2 passes.They have a very good running game.WO-S was able to limit their long drives to two and score most of the time when they had the ball which was the key to the win.HJ well be a big test for the Bulls D.

thanks, this could be a slobber knokker since we like to run the ball as well, but we can throw when we need to

OLE'BULL
11-17-2014, 10:02 AM
The road to state for the Brahmas will be TOUGH from here on out. Hardin-Jefferson is a darn good football team, and if the Bulls show up flat like last week, our season will end Friday. Rowe HAS to make it very clear that we are not a team that will rely on big plays, star players, etc. We do not have that capability this year, and really never have. Rowe has done a great job of playing fundamental football, and that has to continue in order for us to advance each week. The Smithville game was WAY too close for comfort. The score really doesn't indicate how close that game was. Hats off to Smithville, they showed up prepared and fired up. The off week before the playoffs did not work in our favor, so hopefully we are back in the swing of things and will be playing the way we were to finish out district. Of course I will go with my Brahmas, 21-10 in a hard fought game. Work hard this week Bulls!

BB BULLS
11-17-2014, 11:48 AM
The road to state for the Brahmas will be TOUGH from here on out. Hardin-Jefferson is a darn good football team, and if the Bulls show up flat like last week, our season will end Friday. Rowe HAS to make it very clear that we are not a team that will rely on big plays, star players, etc. We do not have that capability this year, and really never have. Rowe has done a great job of playing fundamental football, and that has to continue in order for us to advance each week. The Smithville game was WAY too close for comfort. The score really doesn't indicate how close that game was. Hats off to Smithville, they showed up prepared and fired up. The off week before the playoffs did not work in our favor, so hopefully we are back in the swing of things and will be playing the way we were to finish out district. Of course I will go with my Brahmas, 21-10 in a hard fought game. Work hard this week Bulls!

i am sure the young men will be fired up and ready to go. it will be tough for the Brahmas the rest of the way, but they have done way better than i thought they would after losing the whole offense, so win or lose i am very proud of these young men. i also think whoever comes out of region 3 wins the SC game, dont matter who they play. lets get fired up Brahmas! 35-28 Bellville

BB BULLS
11-17-2014, 12:08 PM
who has played the toughest schedule this year? i know who we have played just dont know about some of teams HJ has played.

OLE'BULL
11-17-2014, 12:54 PM
who has played the toughest schedule this year? i know who we have played just dont know about some of teams HJ has played.

They have played Orangefield and West Orange Stark. They beat Orangefield 35-28 and lost to WOS 42-21.

OLE'BULL
11-17-2014, 12:55 PM
i am sure the young men will be fired up and ready to go. it will be tough for the Brahmas the rest of the way, but they have done way better than i thought they would after losing the whole offense, so win or lose i am very proud of these young men. i also think whoever comes out of region 3 wins the SC game, dont matter who they play. lets get fired up Brahmas! 35-28 Bellville

I think there is no doubt Region III will put somebody in the SC game, but I think Gilmer is going to bring home the trophy. I sure do wish Bellville was in Region IV again!

Pudlugger
11-17-2014, 12:58 PM
They have played Orangefield and West Orange Stark. They beat Orangefield 35-28 and lost to WOS 42-21.

They beat Jasper 35-21 and Tatum 21-14 as well. They have had a tough schedule.

XMan
11-17-2014, 02:02 PM
If this were a basketball game, id take the Hawks by 50. Since its football, ill take the Brahmas.

GUNHO
11-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Here is HJ schedule

Jasper 35-21 W
Bmt. Kelly 42-0 W
Kountze 49-28 W
LCM 27-7 W
Center 49-18 W
Tatum 21-14 W
Orangefield 35-28 W
Hamshire Fannett 54-39 W
WO-S 21-42 L
Liberty 55-3 W
Houston Worthing 48-6 W

zebrablue2
11-17-2014, 06:54 PM
Bellville can hang with these guys, and with a 50/50 chance of rain Friday night, I like our chances with that stout defense.. Weather could change and not be so wet, and I still like our chances. Go BULLS!!

BB BULLS
11-18-2014, 12:14 PM
i guess there is no HJ posters on the Downlow

The Bull #40
11-18-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm excited to see the Brahmas play a good HJ team (from what I hear) this Friday. I think if the Brahmas can play their best football they should definitely come away with a win Friday, BUT if we play like we did against Smithville I think getting blown out is a definite possibility. I don't think Rowe will allow that to happen, but I was really shocked at how poorly we played last week. I was worried about the bye week right before playoffs and I think the rust showed.

Leopardfan201
11-18-2014, 05:28 PM
I'm excited to see the Brahmas play a good HJ team (from what I hear) this Friday. I think if the Brahmas can play their best football they should definitely come away with a win Friday, BUT if we play like we did against Smithville I think getting blown out is a definite possibility. I don't think Rowe will allow that to happen, but I was really shocked at how poorly we played last week. I was worried about the bye week right before playoffs and I think the rust showed.

The bye week had nothing too do with it, if that was the case LG would of had trouble with Columbus, but didn't happen it was over by 2nd quarter. Bellville just wasent ready too play against Smithville, but good teams find ways too win like bellville did

Bull's-eye
11-18-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't know if the bye contributed to Bellville's poor showing, but losing 3 fumbles and committing 13 penalties sure wasn't a typical Bellville type game. This was a game where it seemed very hard to get into any kind of rhythm, with a couple of delays, too many penalties & too many fumbles. The game had a short delay after the opening kickoff, I think there were problems with headsets. One team would line up ready to go and the other would be on the sidelines. The officials had problems keeping this game moving along, even had another delay to start the 2nd half. On top of that, I felt like I was at a scrimmage. The public address announcer didn't say much at all or maybe we just couldn't hear him from the visitor's side. Also, the few Smithville fans that showed up didn't look like much at all sitting on the huge home side of the stadium. Smithville's only score came off a Bellville fumble, otherwise I don't think they even score. Looking at the stats, Bellville was the dominant team. Most of the Brahmas penalties were the mental miscues like jumping off sides or moving too early on offense. The 3 lost fumbles kept this game closer than it should of been.

regaleagle
11-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Thirteen penalties are just too many at this juncture of the season, esp. if they are of the offsides and motion type. Fumbles can and will happen in any game in the course of a season, and maybe even moreso in a playoff scenario. Eliminating those "hiccups" and playing quality, disciplined football will give Bellville a very even playing field in this game. The Brahmas are & probably have been the most under-rated, lowest on the radar team in 4A for most of this season. It's time to step up and be counted, or go home and air up the basketballs. It all comes down to this game. I honestly don't know just how good Bellville might be, but I can kinda guess HJ is the real deal. It may be one of those games where the winner is determined by the other team's mistake(s). I look for a very close final score. Good luck to the Brahmas....I'm pulling for you.

The Bull #40
11-19-2014, 11:06 AM
The bye week had nothing too do with it, if that was the case LG would of had trouble with Columbus, but didn't happen it was over by 2nd quarter. Bellville just wasent ready too play against Smithville, but good teams find ways too win like bellville did

I think the bye week DID have something to do with Bellville's poor outing. We haven't been that sloppy since the first couple weeks of the season, and I attribute some of that (not all of it) to not playing a live football game the week before. Smithville was a team that the Brahmas should've beaten by 35+ as was predicted. Bellville lacks the size and talent of most other 10 win teams in the playoffs and we win by minimizing our penalties and turnovers. If we can play mistake free football Friday night, I think we walk away with a win but I think it won't be by more than 7 points. If we have mental mistakes and turnovers again like we did against Smithville.... the Brahmas could be in for a long night because I think HJ is probably much more talented than we are. Rowe is going to need to get the team playing sharp going into Friday if we're going to advance. As far as LG goes, sometimes teams have better bye week practices and stay more focused than others.... it also helps to have a stud RB like Dobbins score what 4 or 5 TDs in the first half?

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 11:16 AM
I don't know if the bye contributed to Bellville's poor showing, but losing 3 fumbles and committing 13 penalties sure wasn't a typical Bellville type game. This was a game where it seemed very hard to get into any kind of rhythm, with a couple of delays, too many penalties & too many fumbles. The game had a short delay after the opening kickoff, I think there were problems with headsets. One team would line up ready to go and the other would be on the sidelines. The officials had problems keeping this game moving along, even had another delay to start the 2nd half. On top of that, I felt like I was at a scrimmage. The public address announcer didn't say much at all or maybe we just couldn't hear him from the visitor's side. Also, the few Smithville fans that showed up didn't look like much at all sitting on the huge home side of the stadium. Smithville's only score came off a Bellville fumble, otherwise I don't think they even score. Looking at the stats, Bellville was the dominant team. Most of the Brahmas penalties were the mental miscues like jumping off sides or moving too early on offense. The 3 lost fumbles kept this game closer than it should of been.

Well, atleast you got that "Bad" game out the way last week.

The Bull #40
11-19-2014, 11:59 AM

Definitely DID NOT have a playoff atmosphere... pretty disappointing. Hopefully this week's atmosphere (and the Brahmas!) will be better!

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Definitely DID NOT have a playoff atmosphere... pretty disappointing. Hopefully this week's atmosphere (and the Brahmas!) will be better!

Our game didn't have that playoff feel either. I think that it had more to do with the opponent rather thatn the team itself. Navasota didn't have that fire power that we have become accustomed to seeing.

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 12:22 PM
i guess there is no HJ posters on the Downlow

When I read this, I registered, but couldn't post until today! I may be the only one, but I'm here!

Pudlugger
11-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Our game didn't have that playoff feel either. I think that it had more to do with the opponent rather thatn the team itself. Navasota didn't have that fire power that we have become accustomed to seeing.

Yeah I'm sure the Brahmas will be fired up this Friday. They want to get a shot at the Leps if they both advance, not go home. Navasota will play up to the talent level and beyond each week. HJ and Bellville are pretty evenly matched but I'm betting on the Bellvile tradition. When was the last time HJ was in the second round of the playoffs?

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeah I'm sure the Brahmas will be fired up this Friday. They want to get a shot at the Leps if they both advance, not go home. Navasota will play up to the talent level and beyond each week. HJ and Bellville are pretty evenly matched but I'm betting on the Bellvile tradition. When was the last time HJ was in the second round of the playoffs?

Good question. Now, had it been basketball, that's a different story for the HJ Hawks.

eagle1962
11-19-2014, 12:27 PM
if you can stop the run u can stop HJ

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Okay, a few things I'd like to get to here. First, addressing the playoff atmosphere. Last week we played in Huffman. Huge stadium, turf field, etc. Our fans packed the house, even with it being miserably cold. Houston Worthing had a total of 11 fans. ELEVEN! We all felt very sorry for those kids because they had no quit in them and played hard. But, like you guys said, it didn't feel like a playoff atmosphere.

Now, onto HJ. This year, their only loss has been to a Top 5 4A-DII team in West Orange-Stark. That was a huge game and a questionable (and by questionable I mean absolutely wrong) call early on really turned the tide of that game. I don't know that HJ would have pulled out the win, but the score would have been something totally different. Now, HJ has beaten district champs from higher classifications and perennial state powerhouses this year, and three out of the four teams in their district are still playing. Granted, they were playing HISD, so that helped, but it was a pretty nice showing by all three schools. HJ runs the Slot-T offense, and has a stable of backs that will each pose a threat to go 200 yds + on any given night. For example, one of our kids had 4 TD's on 6 carries one night and averaged over 40 yds per carry. The only reason his YPC was that low was because one of his carries was for a two point conversion. When I say a "stable of backs" I mean about 7 kids. Recently HJ has opened up their passing game, and had success with it against Worthing. Their defense is stacked, and have three kids on the line that are 6' 3" or better, and they aren't lanky either. These kids are big. The one that isn't as tall usually lines up over the center and is really strong. They have a MLB who is committed to Rice to play Football, and is probably the best player on the team. He is an absolute monster. Quite a few times, he hasn't just tackled a kid, he's picked them up by their shoulder pads, and thrown them into the ground. You should run and throw in the opposite direction of this kid if you can. Their safety is tall and will win a jump ball contest (he's a star basketball player for the Hawks), and the cornerbacks played lock down coverage on WO-S' Alabama commit.

I don't know much about Bellville, only what I've seen on a little film, but if HJ plays their game, it'll be a tough night for the Brahmas. I'm not going to make a prediction as far as scores go because I don't know enough about BV, but I will say that I think HJ will be playing the winner of the OF/LG game next week.

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 12:50 PM
-Eagle1962

That may not be so true anymore. Plus, don't forget the TD PASS that was called back against Tatum due to a holding penalty that had no bearing on the outcome of the play!

BB BULLS
11-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Okay, a few things I'd like to get to here. First, addressing the playoff atmosphere. Last week we played in Huffman. Huge stadium, turf field, etc. Our fans packed the house, even with it being miserably cold. Houston Worthing had a total of 11 fans. ELEVEN! We all felt very sorry for those kids because they had no quit in them and played hard. But, like you guys said, it didn't feel like a playoff atmosphere.

Now, onto HJ. This year, their only loss has been to a Top 5 4A-DII team in West Orange-Stark. That was a huge game and a questionable (and by questionable I mean absolutely wrong) call early on really turned the tide of that game. I don't know that HJ would have pulled out the win, but the score would have been something totally different. Now, HJ has beaten district champs from higher classifications and perennial state powerhouses this year, and three out of the four teams in their district are still playing. Granted, they were playing HISD, so that helped, but it was a pretty nice showing by all three schools. HJ runs the Slot-T offense, and has a stable of backs that will each pose a threat to go 200 yds + on any given night. For example, one of our kids had 4 TD's on 6 carries one night and averaged over 40 yds per carry. The only reason his YPC was that low was because one of his carries was for a two point conversion. When I say a "stable of backs" I mean about 7 kids. Recently HJ has opened up their passing game, and had success with it against Worthing. Their defense is stacked, and have three kids on the line that are 6' 3" or better, and they aren't lanky either. These kids are big. The one that isn't as tall usually lines up over the center and is really strong. They have a MLB who is committed to Rice to play Football, and is probably the best player on the team. He is an absolute monster. Quite a few times, he hasn't just tackled a kid, he's picked them up by their shoulder pads, and thrown them into the ground. You should run and throw in the opposite direction of this kid if you can. Their safety is tall and will win a jump ball contest (he's a star basketball player for the Hawks), and the cornerbacks played lock down coverage on WO-S' Alabama commit.

I don't know much about Bellville, only what I've seen on a little film, but if HJ plays their game, it'll be a tough night for the Brahmas. I'm not going to make a prediction as far as scores go because I don't know enough about BV, but I will say that I think HJ will be playing the winner of the OF/LG game next week.

welcome to the board HJ.

now we have played some pretty good teams this year that are still in it, we are not the biggest or the fastest but these young men play hard and they hate to lose. we have replaced all starters on the offensive side the ball this year, our only loss came against Stafford in second game of the year. we also run the slot-t we have backs that all have different styles of running, we can also throw the ball if needed. defense speaks for itself, they are for the most part small but fly to the ball. this will be a good game i say the Brahmas win by 7

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 02:51 PM
welcome to the board HJ.

now we have played some pretty good teams this year that are still in it, we are not the biggest or the fastest but these young men play hard and they hate to lose. we have replaced all starters on the offensive side the ball this year, our only loss came against Stafford in second game of the year. we also run the slot-t we have backs that all have different styles of running, we can also throw the ball if needed. defense speaks for itself, they are for the most part small but fly to the ball. this will be a good game i say the Brahmas win by 7

HJ defense has been successful against the Slot-T this year. I think HJ's size will be too much for Bellville. If the Brahma defensive players can't overpower those lineman to get to the running back, it could really hurt them. In the film I saw on Bellville, it seemed that every time a runner got to the edge, he broke loose for a big gain. HJ will turn the corner, so BV will really need to work on containment. I like the Hawks in a close one. Here's to a hard-nosed, injury free game!

PappaFeelGood
11-19-2014, 02:59 PM
If only this game could be played opposite of LG's I would be there. Should be a good one. Sorry Bellville I got to go with HJ in a close one, less than a touchdown. I will be listening from Katy.

Eagleborn
11-19-2014, 03:50 PM
-Eagle1962

That may not be so true anymore. Plus, don't forget the TD PASS that was called back against Tatum due to a holding penalty that had no bearing on the outcome of the play!

You mean the play that was blown dead because backs in the backfield tried getting a head start and Padget was only one that didn't hear whistle?

Holding..... Meh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 04:23 PM
You mean the play that was blown dead because backs in the backfield tried getting a head start and Padget was only one that didn't hear whistle?

Holding..... Meh

Tried getting a head start where? No one moved before the ball was snapped, and there were 2 or 3 Tatum players trying to run him down, plus all of the play continued. You can't say he was the only one because everyone kept playing. If you watch the play, you can see no one thought the play was over, and the officials signaled a hold afterwards. He even ran down the field during the play. Something he wouldn't have done if he whistled it dead.

Scoop27
11-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Going with the Brahmas in a close one

HJ2012
11-19-2014, 05:50 PM
You guys should head over to setx and add some commentary over there. I know we have a few guys from over there who post here, too. The HJ-Bellville thread is pretty popular right now!

Eagleborn
11-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Tried getting a head start where? No one moved before the ball was snapped, and there were 2 or 3 Tatum players trying to run him down, plus all of the play continued. You can't say he was the only one because everyone kept playing. If you watch the play, you can see no one thought the play was over, and the officials signaled a hold afterwards. He even ran down the field during the play. Something he wouldn't have done if he whistled it dead.

The play was blown dead. Think what you want. I even doubled checked it after I posted it.

Dogs_21
11-19-2014, 07:20 PM
Bellville by 2tds. Over on that SeTx forum all the HJ people think that Orangefield will beat La Grange lol. No way

zebrablue2
11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Good thread, go Brahmas!!!

YTBulldogs
11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Should be a good one. HJ by 2!!!!!

HJ85
11-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Bellville by 2tds. Over on that SeTx forum all the HJ people think that Orangefield will beat La Grange lol. No way I do think OF will make a game of it

zebrablue2
11-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Should be a good one. HJ by 2!!!!!

:iagree: only cause I will not pick the brahmas cause of a early season pledge!!!

HJ85
11-19-2014, 09:32 PM
Now to the HJ/BV game...HJ has studs on defense. .#7 is a beast..I know nothing about BV except for what I have watched when they played wharton..I do believe HJ backs will have a big night.our O line is big and strong and just push defense's around..I look for #12 to break a few..good luck to both teams

BrahmaMOMMA
11-19-2014, 10:23 PM
I love how they keep saying how big they (HJ) are we have played some teams that was not small why do they think the size is a big factor we do have some big boys on defense but most are avg size ( maybe small for football but these boys have played like this all their high school years so they know how to bring Down "big" players. That is all I really saw on Setx site. I just hope HJ boys think the same way and underestimate the way Bellville plays and how great our coaches are.

WOS1
11-19-2014, 10:51 PM
Bellville by 2tds. Over on that SeTx forum all the HJ people think that Orangefield will beat La Grange lol. No way

How many of you are picking against your district mates???? I've seen a whole load of people picking Giddings over WOS. Whats the difference?

HJ85
11-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Never said anything about BV being small..I was just stating a fact HJ is big..but hey you will see

BrahmaMOMMA
11-19-2014, 11:41 PM
Never said anything about BV being small..I was just stating a fact HJ is big..but hey you will see

Did I say you did I was just repeating what I read on other site and ok HJ is big but are they any bigger than anyone we have played this far? And yes I will see thanks for the invite.

HJ85
11-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Did I say you did I was just repeating what I read on other site and ok HJ is big but are they any bigger than anyone we have played this far? And yes I will see thanks for the invite. your welcome anytime

BB BULLS
11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Now to the HJ/BV game...HJ has studs on defense. .#7 is a beast..I know nothing about BV except for what I have watched when they played wharton..I do believe HJ backs will have a big night.our O line is big and strong and just push defense's around..I look for #12 to break a few..good luck to both teams

if you watched the Wharton game then you must have noticed that they were shut down in the second half by our little defensive guys. i sure hope that HJ thinks we are no problem coming into this game.
no one knows what will happen, this could be a blow out by either team or could be a close game. the only sure thing in this game is that one team will be done the other moves on. lets have a safe injury free game.
one other thing if Bellville is winning late i sure hope that the HJ players dont start acting like thugs and try to hurt Brahma players we have seen that a few times this year. everyone have safe travels to and from the game.
GO BRAHMAS 35-28

HJ85
11-20-2014, 01:40 PM
if you watched the Wharton game then you must have noticed that they were shut down in the second half by our little defensive guys. i sure hope that HJ thinks we are no problem coming into this game.
no one knows what will happen, this could be a blow out by either team or could be a close game. the only sure thing in this game is that one team will be done the other moves on. lets have a safe injury free game.
one other thing if Bellville is winning late i sure hope that the HJ players dont start acting like thugs and try to hurt Brahma players we have seen that a few times this year. everyone have safe travels to and from the game.
GO BRAHMAS 35-28 I can promise you HJ will not act that way.not their style..and once again no one said we would blow you out cause of your size..but I can promise you one thing..BV will not blow out HJ..won't happen..good luck and injury free game for both teams

MJMbrahmas10
11-20-2014, 03:30 PM
Glad to actually have a thread going for a Bellville game this year. This is going to be a great game, might be quick cause all the running.

zebrablue2
11-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Harris poll has Bellville fav by 3, I was surprised:eek:

Pudlugger
11-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Harris poll has Bellville fav by 3, I was surprised:eek:

Pretty much how Padilla and the Pig have it Bellville by a wee blond one.

drewlsu
11-20-2014, 10:21 PM
HJ Hawks in the house!!
This will be a battle of the running game.
Although, I must warn you to watch out for #12 sneaking out of the backfield and catching a wide open pass down the sideline...
Our defensive is very disciplined. Big D-line, and linebackers that can sniff out the ball quick. One safety has height, the other DBs are not as big but are very quick, and play bigger than they are.
We have three different return guys that can take it to the house, whether on punt or kickoff.
Also, HJ does not kick field goals, and we will not punt unless we are backed up in our own territory. 4 downs to get 10 yards. Even at 2.5 yards per carry, that's good enough.
We played Orangefield in district, another slot T team. Although the final score had us only up by a TD, we were up by 21 with 2:30 left to play. A VERY lucky, tipped pass on 4th down for a TD and TWO recovered back to back onside kicks made that game seem much closer than it actually was.
I know Bellville will bring it and I wish you luck.
My prediction, very tight game until mid way through the third quarter, then HJ makes a couple key stops while continuing to score.
HJ 34
Bellville 24
Here's hoping for a hard hitting, injury free game. And as little rain as possible would be nice as well, for the fans at least.

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 07:14 AM
Game day lets go Brahmas 35-28. good luck to both teams i just hope the Brahmas come out on top

Pudlugger
11-21-2014, 07:59 AM
Good luck Brahmas. Get the win along with the Leps and make the Big Leopard-Brahma showdown happen next week.

drewlsu
11-21-2014, 08:06 AM
Good luck to both teams.
I'm looking forward to the HJ/ OF rematch. ;)

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Good luck to both teams.
I'm looking forward to the HJ/ OF rematch. ;)

well you will be looking for awhile HJ & BV will be a very good game LG & OF will not be. Bellville by 7, LG by 28

HJ85
11-21-2014, 09:01 AM
Hawks will win by 2 Td's ..Orangefield is a lot better then what you people think..it was a good season for you BV....but it stops here..

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Hawks will win by 2 Td's ..Orangefield is a lot better then what you people think..it was a good season for you BV....but it stops here..

HJ85 HJ85..... HJ85 wake up its 8:40 in the morning i know you was having great dream but it is time to get up. like i said Brahmas 35-28

HJ85
11-21-2014, 10:15 AM
HJ85 HJ85..... HJ85 wake up its 8:40 in the morning i know you was having great dream but it is time to get up. like i said Brahmas 35-28
Only problem with your predicton is BV won't win and BV won't score 35...but you did get my name right and the time of morning right so I guess your like jimmy the greek of predictiins..but really I'm just giving you a hard time..its all in fun..good luck to both teams and congrats on your seasons to this point

HJ85
11-21-2014, 10:23 AM
But I would watch out for #7 he is a beast..the boy is commited to rice and is one heck of a player..he will disrupt a run game for sure

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Only problem with your predicton is BV won't win and BV won't score 35...but you did get my name right and the time of morning right so I guess your like jimmy the greek of predictiins..but really I'm just giving you a hard time..its all in fun..good luck to both teams and congrats on your seasons to this point

i am with you on that its all fun for you & I to talk a little smack. your right BV may not score 35 it might be more haha. who ever loses they had a good season. I dont know about HJ but we had start all over on the offensive side of the ball not a single starter returned. our defense as only given up something like 108 points all year. i said before that for the most they small but not all of them and when i say small i am talking 5-10 175lbs and up.

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 10:32 AM
But I would watch out for #7 he is a beast..the boy is commited to rice and is one heck of a player..he will disrupt a run game for sure

our #9 is the same way and he is only soph.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 10:34 AM
i am with you on that its all fun for you & I to talk a little smack. your right BV may not score 35 it might be more haha. who ever loses they had a good season. I dont know about HJ but we had start all over on the offensive side of the ball not a single starter returned. our defense as only given up something like 108 points all year. i said before that for the most they small but not all of them and when i say small i am talking 5-10 175lbs and up.
We have one at 305..225..220.255..240..245..most of them are between 6ft to 6"5

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 10:40 AM
We have one at 305..225..220.255..240..245..most of them are between 6ft to 6"5

you will see our sizes tonight there are some good sized boys that dont get pushed round very easy

HJ85
11-21-2014, 10:49 AM
you will see our sizes tonight there are some good sized boys that dont get pushed round very easy
Should be a good game..we did lose a RB in week 4..we may get him back tonight not sure..

duckhunter
11-21-2014, 10:53 AM

I laugh when people list weight/height for high school lineman.....250lbs in high school is very different from 250lbs in college/pros.....

just cause they are "big"...aka usually fat, doesn't make them athletic or good. sometimes it is the case, but very rarely. just my 2 cents.

may the best team win tonight.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 10:59 AM
I laugh when people list weight/height for high school lineman.....250lbs in high school is very different from 250lbs in college/pros.....

just cause they are "big"...aka usually fat, doesn't make them athletic or good. sometimes it is the case, but very rarely. just my 2 cents.

may the best team win tonight.
Your right in most cases..but these big guys are athletic..one of them also plays TE..I'm not saying big wins games at all.but if you know football.a running team will not succeed with a small O line

whitelightning5
11-21-2014, 11:19 AM
I'm hearing the weather should be out of the area by 5 or 6. Field will be wet. Turnovers scare me...seems we reverted back to early season form last week. Hopefully corrections have been made. REGARDLESS....I will be there yelling.

Good luck to both sides....injury free.

Go BRAHMAS.

Tell me about team speed. I know HJ has size across the board, which we do not.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 11:23 AM
I'm hearing the weather should be out of the area by 5 or 6. Field will be wet. Turnovers scare me...seems we reverted back to early season form last week. Hopefully corrections have been made. REGARDLESS....I will be there yelling.

Good luck to both sides....injury free.

Go BRAHMAS.

Tell me about team speed. I know HJ has size across the board, which we do not.HJ has speed...and yes I hate a wet field..

whitelightning5
11-21-2014, 11:33 AM
So does HJ do anything wrong?...lol.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I have been on a lot of forums and this is my first time on here..I don't really know much about bellville..but I can say this..BV seems like they have some very supportive fans and do it with respect and class. .we all get caught up in the smack talk sometimes (me included) but at the end of the day its just a game and life goes on..HJ has had some rough years in the past and our new coach is a great one..he took us 3 deep in the playoffs last year and who knows this year...I do believe HJ wins this game from what I have seen..but its High school football so you never know..

HJ85
11-21-2014, 11:38 AM
So does HJ do anything wrong?...lol. you ask about speed. .I just said yes we do...do we do things wrong? Yes we do...we shoot ourselves in the foot sometimes. .

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 11:50 AM
I have been on a lot of forums and this is my first time on here..I don't really know much about bellville..but I can say this..BV seems like they have some very supportive fans and do it with respect and class. .we all get caught up in the smack talk sometimes (me included) but at the end of the day its just a game and life goes on..HJ has had some rough years in the past and our new coach is a great one..he took us 3 deep in the playoffs last year and who knows this year...I do believe HJ wins this game from what I have seen..but its High school football so you never know..

we are very supportive and we travel very well as a fan base what ever side we are on it more than likely be full. we to have a very good coach in Rowe he seems to get these young men ready for anything. 2012 we lost the Navasota in the Smei finale, last year we got upset by very good Gonzales team the first round and here we are this year looking to move on and i think that we will. have you seen Bellville play this year? i have not seen HJ play going off of here say

HJ85
11-21-2014, 11:57 AM
we are very supportive and we travel very well as a fan base what ever side we are on it more than likely be full. we to have a very good coach in Rowe he seems to get these young men ready for anything. 2012 we lost the Navasota in the Smei finale, last year we got upset by very good Gonzales team the first round and here we are this year looking to move on and i think that we will. have you seen Bellville play this year? i have not seen HJ play going off of here say
I watched the BV/wharton game

drewlsu
11-21-2014, 12:07 PM
HJs secondary would be their weak point on defense and their special teams coverage has been lacking most of the year. At least on punts, we pooch kick on kickoffs, usually resulting in a fair catch around the 35. We have recovered a few muffed pooch kicks though, and also can execute a surprise onside kick.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 12:20 PM
HJs secondary would be their weak point on defense and their special teams coverage has been lacking most of the year. At least on punts, we pooch kick on kickoffs, usually resulting in a fair catch around the 35. We have recovered a few muffed pooch kicks though, and also can execute a surprise onside kick.
Yea I'm not a big fan of the field positon we give up on pooch kicks

BB BULLS
11-21-2014, 12:23 PM
Yea I'm not a big fan of the field positon we give up on pooch kicks

we do sometime and i am just like you i hate it. kick that sucker back and go get em

HJ85
11-21-2014, 12:27 PM
we do sometime and i am just like you i hate it. kick that sucker back and go get em
Yep I agree..field postion is to valuable in a close game

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 03:33 PM
It eliminates the possibility of a return for even better field position, is why I think they do it. If you can take away any big plays, I'm all for it! Plus, it puts pressure on guys who don't normally field kickoff returns, too, and allows our guys time to get there and possibly get a turnover, which has happened quite a bit.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 03:37 PM
It eliminates the possibility of a return for even better field position, is why I think they do it. If you can take away any big plays, I'm all for it! Plus, it puts pressure on guys who don't normally field kickoff returns, too, and allows our guys time to get there and possibly get a turnover, which has happened quite a bit.
Hurt us against WOS though IMO..put I'm not going to question coach at all..he is one great coach..I'm in houston now and its pouring

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 03:40 PM
So does HJ do anything wrong?...lol.

HJ is very disciplined. They don't do much wrong. Our ground game is spectacular, and we like to sneak in a few passes to throw the defense off guard, and it has worked very well for most of the season. HJ has only been behind 3 times this season: opening kickoff against Tatum, the game against West Orange, and the first drive against Worthing. If HJ wins the toss, I think they'll want the ball. They like to get up and make teams play from behind.

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Hurt us against WOS though IMO..put I'm not going to question coach at all..he is one great coach..I'm in houston now and its pouring

Maybe, but I think kicking it deep to DT could have been worse. Dubois has a lot of faith in his defense, though, so I don't see him changing the game plan any time soon. I hope it clears up before kick-off. I like playing football in the rain, but not watching it! LOL

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 04:09 PM
So found out no noise makers for game tonight per field rules

Pudlugger
11-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Yall'll be makin' plenty of noise poppin' leather on the field. Good luck Brahmas and have a clean injury free game and safe travels.

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 04:46 PM

What is their definition of "noise-makers?" We have a little horn they put on the sideline. Nothing like some of the big ones, but are they allowing those? What's the deal with that?

HJ85
11-21-2014, 04:50 PM
That's ridiculous

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 04:50 PM
What is their definition of "noise-makers?" We have a little horn they put on the sideline. Nothing like some of the big ones, but are they allowing those? What's the deal with that?

Not real sure but cheer coach had a email saying no bells, horns and that's when I stopped listening sorry. It's a Houston area school so I guess they have problems I know a lot of our parents don't know about this so they will be bringing there bells and noise makers and also we throw footballs after we score and she said they said no to that also

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 04:53 PM
Not real sure but cheer coach had a email saying no bells, horns and that's when I stopped listening sorry. It's a Houston area school so I guess they have problems I know a lot of our parents don't know about this so they will be bringing there bells and noise makers and also we throw footballs after we score and she said they said no to that also

Oh yeah, same for the HJ side! Not sure how to get the word spread this late. Maybe check them at the gates? Are they going to penalize the teams if something slips through?

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 04:58 PM
Heard some games aren't allowing umbrellas. Any idea about this one?

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 04:58 PM
That's ridiculous

Yes it is. We are a very loud bunch with our bells and all so I guess we will get creative if they take away our toys. Lol

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Heard some games aren't allowing umbrellas. Any idea about this one?

Heard that too but we couldn't find anything in her email

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Alright. I'll have mine until they tell me I can't!

HJ85
11-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Yes it is. We are a very loud bunch with our bells and all so I guess we will get creative if they take away our toys. Lolyea were pretty loud ae well..I'm sure a lot of HJ ppl don't know of the rule

HJ85
11-21-2014, 05:57 PM
To be honest Houston schools are a different breed...worthing had 11 ppl in the stands last week

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Also heard we will be going through metal detectors too

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Good luck..! Go BULLS!

HJ85
11-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Also heard we will be going through metal detectors too
Yes you do..I'm here

drewlsu
11-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Of course traffic is backed up in Baytown. Barely going to make kickoff! Lol

regaleagle
11-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Brahma MOMMA.....I love it, haha. Great username there. I took Bellville in my pickem to win it this week. Should be a very exciting game.

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Hawks size giving Bellville some trouble.

HJ85
11-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Hawks size giving Bellville some trouble. yep figured it would

HJ2012
11-21-2014, 10:46 PM
Hj wins!!!!! Go hawks!!!

BrahmaMOMMA
11-21-2014, 11:08 PM
Even though the score ended with 20-10 HJ Bellville defense did a great job so proud of our boys

drewlsu
11-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Good game Bellville. Maybe we will see you next year.

drewlsu
11-22-2014, 12:46 AM
HJ Hawks in the house!!
This will be a battle of the running game.
Although, I must warn you to watch out for #12 sneaking out of the backfield and catching a wide open pass down the sideline...
Our defensive is very disciplined. Big D-line, and linebackers that can sniff out the ball quick. One safety has height, the other DBs are not as big but are very quick, and play bigger than they are.
We have three different return guys that can take it to the house, whether on punt or kickoff.
Also, HJ does not kick field goals, and we will not punt unless we are backed up in our own territory. 4 downs to get 10 yards. Even at 2.5 yards per carry, that's good enough.
We played Orangefield in district, another slot T team. Although the final score had us only up by a TD, we were up by 21 with 2:30 left to play. A VERY lucky, tipped pass on 4th down for a TD and TWO recovered back to back onside kicks made that game seem much closer than it actually was.
I know Bellville will bring it and I wish you luck.
My prediction, very tight game until mid way through the third quarter, then HJ makes a couple key stops while continuing to score.
HJ 34
Bellville 24
Here's hoping for a hard hitting, injury free game. And as little rain as possible would be nice as well, for the fans at least.

Subtract 14 from each team's score. That's what I meant. :)

HJ2012
11-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Normally I would come on and serve a nice big plate of crow, but your fans were very classy. Good game tonight!

MJMbrahmas10
11-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Great game by HJ. I was in love with the offensive play calling, made we want to go home, pull out madden and try to put together a offense that efficient

. Congrats to the Brahmas a hard fought, fun season. And much respect and good luck to HJ

BB BULLS
11-22-2014, 11:54 AM
my Brahmas did what they had to do on defense to win the game, just took the offense a little longer to get started throwing the ball. we should have started throwing the ball more in the third quarter, I think we could killed them with the short passes.
oh well it was a fun season congrats the Brahmas and congrats and good luck to HJ you are going to need it. LG is a whole different animal than Bellville.

P.S Crow is not to bad with a little tony's on it.

Saggy Aggie
11-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I figure it's only a matter of time before rancher makes an appearance

zebrablue2
11-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I figure it's only a matter of time before rancher makes an appearance

He may not come out of coma-shock until baseball season:)

Bull's-eye
11-22-2014, 05:01 PM
Congratulations to HJ, they have a very good team. IMO, Bellville erred by trying to play a physical brand of ball with a team that was just way more physical. I was very disappointed with the the Bellville play calling, thought it took them too long to adjust their offense. It was very easy to see that we couldn't match the physical play of the Hawks defense and needed to open up our offense.

HJ85
11-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Just wanted to say good game to BV..you guys are a class act...hope we see you again next year