PDA

View Full Version : 4A RGV teams Playoffs 2014

hollywood
11-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Rio Grande Valley teams generally voice they get no respect. I think there is good football being taught in that region but usually don't see many teams making it past 1st round. Are there any teams moving to the 2nd round?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 07:24 PM
Was this thread really necessary?

Snotbubbles
11-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Rio Grande Valley teams generally voice they get no respect. I think there is good football being taught in that region but usually don't see many teams making it past 1st round. Are there any teams moving to the 2nd round?

Sinton, OG and Refugio still alive. Doing pretty well too HW. I know at one time, RGV laid claim to these schools as being part of valley. Not sure where the boundary is anymore, in regards to sports.

1stnurseryman
11-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Lol... Those are not Valley teams

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 08:46 PM
Sinton, OG and Refugio still alive. Doing pretty well too HW. I know at one time, RGV laid claim to these schools as being part of valley. Not sure where the boundary is anymore, in regards to sports.

They are not considered part of the Valley. Not by a long shot. lmao

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2014, 09:00 PM
Was this thread really necessary?

Lol....

WOS87
11-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Port Isabel is the Valley team in the 3rd largest classification with the most success over the past 50 years having made it to the Semis in 1981, 1994 and 2003. No Valley team has made the finals or won a championship in the equivalent classification since Donna won state in 1962.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Port Isabel is the Valley team in the 3rd largest classification with the most success over the past 50 years having made it to the Semis in 1981, 1994 and 2003. No Valley team has made the finals or won a championship in the equivalent classification since Donna won state in 1962.

I think he was referring to this season. In terms of the RGV 4A teams (not counting Orange Grove, because screw them) they all lost.

Tejastrue
11-15-2014, 10:08 PM
What's the beef with OG?

Necked
11-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Orange Grove, 56, Ingleside, 14
think that pissed some folks off...

hollywood
11-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Serious question. Just curious of the teams from the RGV in 4A that expected to make a playoff run this season. Some teams that come to mind are Rio Hondo, Port Isabel, Zapata, La Feria. Not sure if Pearsal, Carrizo, and Crytal City fall into the valley. The reason I ask is I grew up in south Texas until I was about 13-14. Familiar with that area and know when teams around the state are mentioned or threads about their teams, some posters have expressed why the south teams aren't given attention. Seriously just trying to start a thread to discuss which teams down south are still in it or feel they had a shot.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Serious question. Just curious of the teams from the RGV in 4A that expected to make a playoff run this season. Some teams that come to mind are Rio Hondo, Port Isabel, Zapata, La Feria. Not sure if Pearsal, Carrizo, and Crytal City fall into the valley. The reason I ask is I grew up in south Texas until I was about 13-14. Familiar with that area and know when teams around the state are mentioned or threads about their teams, some posters have expressed why the south teams aren't given attention. Seriously just trying to start a thread to discuss which teams down south are still in it or feel they had a shot.If you meant south texas then that includes Coastal Bend area(Corpus Christi surrounding areas) but RGV starts at Raymondville on down.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Orange Grove, 56, Ingleside, 14
think that pissed some folks off...
Goes back to Orange Grove vs Port Isabel

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 10:47 PM
What's the beef with OG?

They pulled a stunt on the PI coach & officials that royally pissed off the PI fanbase. Bush league level crap, IMO.

Check your PM shortly

hollywood
11-15-2014, 10:52 PM
If you meant south texas then that includes Coastal Bend area(Corpus Christi surrounding areas) but RGV starts at Raymondville on down.

Down south meaning the valley. I grew up in Carrizo, Corpus, and Refugio. Had friends and family in San Banito, Harlingen, Rio Hondo and McAllen area. Is Raymondville still in it? I always considered the valley being south of Kingsville which is probably like you said, Ramondville.

Tejastrue
11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
They pulled a stunt on the PI coach & officials that royally pissed off the PI fanbase. Bush league level crap, IMO.

Check your PM shortly

Looking forward to it.

hollywood
11-15-2014, 10:55 PM

Check your PM shortly

That doesn't sound good. What happened?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 11:06 PM
Looking forward to it.

Clear your PM cache, sir. Says your box is full

Ranger354
11-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Clear your PM cache, sir. Says your box is full

Yea I want to know also......

As far as the Valley goes, I always considered it to be SOUTH of Kingsville. And I don't even think the VALLEY teams consider Zapata to be a Valley team.

YTBulldogs
11-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Is Raymondville still in it?
No, they departed last night.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-15-2014, 11:25 PM
No, they departed last night.

Raymondville got beat by Yoakum. And Raymondville is considered an RGV team. (just covering all bases here)