How many on the list had a pulse?

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2014, 10:33 PM

None, once we were finished.
How many of Gilmer's had a pulse?

Dawgs
11-15-2014, 10:53 PM
None, once we were finished. How many of Gilmer's had a pulse?0 out of the last 6 for sure. You can't help what district you get put in like Sota or Gilmer. Carthage won 3 of there 4 state championships in very weak districts.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2014, 11:05 PM
0 out of the last 6 for sure. You can't help what district you get put in like Sota or Gilmer. Carthage won 3 of there 4 state championships in very weak districts.

Exactly. We played who was on our schedule. And convincingly so. Had we struggled against any of those teams, I would be the first to say that we aren't as advertised. However, just like 2012, we will have to prove how good we are.

It's crazy having to get a team from Mexico and Arkansas to come to little Navasota just because you can't find any teams to play you. And, of course, we can't help the district that we are in.

Moving forward, I look forward to our game with Chapel Hill. The last time we played the Bulldogs at Buddy Moorhead was in 1996. We came out with the victory.

Dawgs
11-15-2014, 11:17 PM
Exactly. We played who was on our schedule. And convincingly so. Had we struggled against any of those teams, I would be the first to say that we aren't as advertised. However, just like 2012, we will have to prove how good we are.

It's crazy having to get a team from Mexico and Arkansas to come to little Navasota just because you can't find any teams to play you. And, of course, we can't help the district that we are in.

Moving forward, I look forward to our game with Chapel Hill. The last time we played the Bulldogs at Buddy Moorhead was in 1996. We came out with the victory.

I like to see Navasota play ETX teams. Y'all usually give the teams from or area a run for their money. CH has a lot of speed and above average athletes, but below average execution and overall discipline. Sota should roll. Don't know if Sota will play a closer game this season the way things are shaping up. The region 1 teams are beating up on each other. Don't know how good any of them really are. None have dominated. I have a feeling we will be seeing an Argyl Sota game at Jerry World this season. That should be a good one. Lots of ball left to play.

HEMOTOXIC
11-15-2014, 11:54 PM
I like to see Navasota play ETX teams. Y'all usually give the teams from or area a run for their money. CH has a lot of speed and above average athletes, but below average execution and overall discipline. Sota should roll. Don't know if Sota will play a closer game this season the way things are shaping up. The region 1 teams are beating up on each other. Don't know how good any of them really are. None have dominated. I have a feeling we will be seeing an Argyl Sota game at Jerry World this season. That should be a good one. Lots of ball left to play.

True. Good luck against El Campo. Maybe we can get a little revenge this year against CHILL and your Bulldogs.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Ttt.

OldBison75
11-16-2014, 09:21 PM
I will bet that this will be a Chapel Hill team that is probably more athletic than any team the Rattlers have seen this year. Chapel Hill will have good team speed and if they limit mistakes they can play the Rattlers close. I don't think they can stop the Rattler Offense enough and I believe the Rattler defense can make some stops on them.

This game will start to tell more about the Rattlers and how they play against better competition. Then, if the Rattlers win, the next week will tell us a lot more about how good we really are.

I pick Navasota 49 to Chapel Hill 14.

Dawgs
11-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Ttt.

I voted CH, but I misclicked. Would love to see ETX win this game, but Sota way too much for slightly above average teams.

HEMOTOXIC
11-16-2014, 11:52 PM
I voted CH, but I misclicked. Would love to see ETX win this game, but Sota way too much for slightly above average teams.

I like our chances.

regaleagle
11-17-2014, 06:46 AM
I'm gonna assume last week's HH game was CH's signature win of the season so far. Before that, maybe the Paris game....but that was fairly early. Maybe CH has improved over the season moreso than others, I dunno. But regardless, this should be a great test for the Rattlers at this point in the playoffs. I definitely think Navasota will win this game by at least 14 points, and maybe more. But it is the playoffs, and CH has shown a tendency to be able to score. Should be an interesting matchup. Don't know much about Sota's defense, but don't know much about Chapel Hill's either. Looks like an offensive battle to me.

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 10:09 AM
The odds are def against us. I do think this will be the first time the rattlers have been tested. CH is inconsistent but if Nav is caught slippin we could possibly have ourselves a ballgame.

I honestly believe if CH sticks to the run we will score our share of points. The big question is can our defense slow Nav at all.

Should be interesting. If we make it a game i will leave happy even with a loss.

Snotbubbles
11-17-2014, 10:21 AM

LOL. I was about to say, nearly as bad as ya'lls schedule Bob.:doh:

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 11:15 AM
I'm gonna assume last week's HH game was CH's signature win of the season so far. Before that, maybe the Paris game....but that was fairly early. Maybe CH has improved over the season moreso than others, I dunno. But regardless, this should be a great test for the Rattlers at this point in the playoffs. I definitely think Navasota will win this game by at least 14 points, and maybe more. But it is the playoffs, and CH has shown a tendency to be able to score. Should be an interesting matchup. Don't know much about Sota's defense, but don't know much about Chapel Hill's either. Looks like an offensive battle to me.

Navasota's defense has done fine all year. There aren't as good as 2013 but the defense is solid.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 11:21 AM
The odds are def against us. I do think this will be the first time the rattlers have been tested. CH is inconsistent but if Nav is caught slippin we could possibly have ourselves a ballgame.

I honestly believe if CH sticks to the run we will score our share of points. The big question is can our defense slow Nav at all.

Should be interesting. If we make it a game i will leave happy even with a loss.

Coldspring tested the Rattlers early in the year in a downpour and that was for first half. After the rain stopped in the secound half, Coldspring was lucky to have gotten 100 yards. Of course, the Trojans are know for their defense this year.

Based on our scores, either Navasota is that good or our opponents are that bad. I think that it's a combination of both. Navasota has been able to do things to teams that others have not.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 11:22 AM
I really don't see CHILL staying with Navasota. Not being a homer, but I have seen some good teams come through Navasota and this is one of them.

Navasota usually gets out to a 21-28 point lead early and cruise to the finish line. Will CHILL have enough defense to stop the Rattlers? I don't believe that they do. Navasota's defense will definitely be up for the challenge since some out east are indicating that Navasota is "overrated" and have played a "cupcake" schedule.

I think the Rattlers will previal in essentially a home game.

Rattlers 52-14.

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
I really don't see CHILL staying with Navasota. Not being a homer, but I have seen some good teams come through Navasota and this is one of them.

Navasota usually gets out to a 21-28 point lead early and cruise to the finish line. Will CHILL have enough defense to stop the Rattlers? I don't believe that they do. Navasota's defense will definitely be up for the challenge since some out east are indicating that Navasota is "overrated" and have played a "cupcake" schedule.

I think the Rattlers will previal in essentially a home game.

Rattlers 52-14.

Have yall played from behind any this year?

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Have yall played from behind any this year?

No. We were tied at the half with Coldspring 14-14.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 12:42 PM
navasota's defense has done fine all year. There aren't as good as 2013 but the defense is solid.

*2013 should have been 2012

waterboy
11-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Chapel Hill is one of those teams that reminds me of a "box of chocolates". You never know what you'll get, lol. They have shown the ability to play above and beyond expectations, then play well below their talent level. It's hard to say how Chapel Hill will play against possibly the best team in the state.

I'll say the Rattlers will dominate early, and if that happens, the wheels may come off of the Bulldogs' chances. CH may score a few more points than what the Rattlers are used to giving up, but I doubt it'll be anywhere near enough.

However, the longer Chapel Hill stays in this game, the better their chances at keeping it close enough to make Rattler fans a little uneasy. I still say the Rattlers by 22 points.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Forecast for Friday (at the moment is not looking pretty)

Conroe:

High: 70
Low: 58

60% chance of scattered thunderstorms

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 02:31 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-oPgtD6RU

waterboy
11-17-2014, 02:44 PM

:spitlol: Now that's funny! Good one Chillfan!

movethechain
11-17-2014, 02:53 PM
I nearly died laughing when he described Navasota's mascot. :1omg!:

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 03:08 PM
#1 Navasota falls short to #46 Chapel Hill

Dawgs
11-17-2014, 03:11 PM

That was pure genius. Great job!

Dawgs
11-17-2014, 03:16 PM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=rbkAVDrFYIA

This was a pretty good one from last years Gilmer Henderson game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 03:26 PM

That has been floating around Facebook. Just a little more bullentin board material for the team. GOOD JOB!!

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 03:34 PM
I don't think that it's a matter of who Navasota has beaten. Take closer look at who CH has lost to.

3-7 Lindale who also was blown out by Van, lost to Carthage at the begining of the year when the Bulldogs were really struggling, and totally dominated by PNG, 53-20, who btw way lost to WOS.

Then, the Bulldogs give up how many to Huffman? 43 points. BTW, Houston Cashmere gave up 28 points to the Falcons, Shephard gave up 25 points.

And, CH is supposed to score enough points on Navasota's defense to outscore one of the best offenses in 4A? ALL :lies:

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 04:33 PM
I don't think that it's a matter of who Navasota has beaten. Take closer look at who CH has lost to.

3-7 Lindale who also was blown out by Van, lost to Carthage at the begining of the year when the Bulldogs were really struggling, and totally dominated by PNG, 53-20, who btw way lost to WOS.

Then, the Bulldogs give up how many to Huffman? 43 points. BTW, Houston Cashmere gave up 28 points to the Falcons, Shephard gave up 25 points.

And, CH is supposed to score enough points on Navasota's defense to outscore one of the best offenses in 4A? ALL :lies:

Its ok don't be nervous.

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 04:39 PM

Carthage beginning of the year?? How bout 2 weeks ago. Our QB was out with concussion.

BTW We will be meeting the red dawgs next week for a little rematch.

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 04:52 PM
HEMO, we own yall. Wont be any different this week. Same result different year.

Dawgs
11-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Its ok don't be nervous.

Hahaha. I liked that short response.

Dawgs
11-17-2014, 05:06 PM

Don't let them get you worked up. Sota by 30+. Don't want to root against D9, but this game wont be close, if 2014 is anywhere close to 2012.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 05:29 PM
Carthage beginning of the year?? How bout 2 weeks ago. Our QB was out with concussion.

BTW We will be meeting the red dawgs next week for a little rematch.

Sorry.. That was in reference to Lindale losing to Carthage at the beginning of the year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 05:30 PM
HEMO, we own yall. Wont be any different this week. Same result different year.

Chapel Hill is 2-1 vs Navasota. That does not equal owning anyone.

Had we had a desent defense in 2011, we would have won that game. I do believe that we lead by 13 in the 4th q but couldn't hold the lead.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 05:36 PM
Its ok don't be nervous.

Me, Never.

I do hope that the rain stays away.

hollywood
11-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Chapel Hill is 2-1 vs Navasota. That does not equal owning anyone.

Had we had a desent defense in 2011, we would have won that game. I do believe that we lead by 13 in the 4th q but couldn't hold the lead.

2-1 is owning... sorry. If it were even, then no. CH owns Sota!

But series will likely be even after this week. Yup... :D

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 05:48 PM
2-1 is owning... sorry. If it were even, then no. CH owns Sota!

But series will likely be even after this week. Yup... :D

We hope so... Any good news on your QB?

hollywood
11-17-2014, 05:58 PM
We hope so... Any good news on your QB?

Shhhhhhh... that's a secret! No one is talking. They've practiced indoors without any outside viewers. J/K lol I have no idea really. All I know is that he doesn't have a cast on anymore.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Shhhhhhh... that's a secret! No one is talking. They've practiced indoors without any outside viewers. J/K lol I have no idea really. All I know is that he doesn't have a cast on anymore.

Ok, I think that I read that somewhere about the cast being removed.

Well, good luck against Estacado.

hollywood
11-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Ok, I think that I read that somewhere about the cast being removed.

Well, good luck against Estacado.

Thanks! Same to the Rattlers against Chapel Hill.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Thanks! Same to the Rattlers against Chapel Hill.

Thanks.

navscanmaster
11-17-2014, 07:01 PM
I think this is Navasota's second best test of the year behind Coldspring. By game 12, any teams still playing are good teams. Chapel Hill is no different. I do believe if Navasota avoids the turnover bug, it will not be close.

Chillfan
11-17-2014, 09:03 PM
I'm just passing time fellows. I have already said the odds are def against us.

HEMOTOXIC
11-17-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm just passing time fellows. I have already said the odds are def against us.

May as well talk a little noise in the meantime...:stirpot::1popcorn:

Dawgs
11-18-2014, 10:11 AM
May as well talk a little noise in the meantime...:stirpot::1popcorn:

You want some trash talk go to the ETX site. Those boys are talking a lot of smack one there. CH really thinks they have a shot. Idk how the team feels, but if they believe as much as the fans they might have a shot. I don think so, but it's playoff football anything can happen.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2014, 10:19 AM
You want some trash talk go to the ETX site. Those boys are talking a lot of smack one there. CH really thinks they have a shot. Idk how the team feels, but if they believe as much as the fans they might have a shot. I don think so, but it's playoff football anything can happen.

Oh, I've visited the ETX site. They go way too far on there so I try to avoid reading some of the garbage.

I have seen video on the Bulldogs. They will challenge Navasota in every aspect. We are actually hoping for a competitive game.

The fans are pumped and more than likely we will sell out our side of the stadium. Believe me, everyone is aware of the trash talking, videos, etc.

Chillfan
11-18-2014, 10:55 AM
The players feel the same as the fans which I like cause confidence never hurt anyone. I would rather them think they have a chance then doubt the game. They have watched film and feel the rattlers may be a little overated.

Chillfan
11-18-2014, 10:58 AM
I'm dreading that 3 hr drive.

Chillfan
11-18-2014, 11:02 AM
The chatter and spirits around the community and school are awesome right now. Don't fall asleep on these kids cause they want this game very very bad. Navasota taking the field thinking they are playing a 6-5 team will bite if not careful.

Dawgs
11-18-2014, 11:09 AM
The chatter and spirits around the community and school are awesome right now. Don't fall asleep on these kids cause they want this game very very bad. Navasota taking the field thinking they are playing a 6-5 team will bite if not careful.

Its a long shot, but it would be nice to have a D9 rematch next week. Let's see what happens. That funny shaped ball does some strange things sometimes.

Chillfan
11-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Its a long shot, but it would be nice to have a D9 rematch next week. Let's see what happens. That funny shaped ball does some strange things sometimes.

I agree may be a long shot but hey i don't mind a little wishful thinking.

And as you know, being the underground can cause funny things to happen as well.

Leopardfan201
11-18-2014, 11:42 AM
Chapel hill always a dangerous team to play, but give me navasota 48/27

OldBison75
11-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Chapel Hill will be ready no doubt. Navasota will not be overlooking the significance of this matchup and will be ready too. Fedora is a master at keeping the players focused on one game at a time and preaches constantly that we play Navasota Rattler football and the opponent does not matter. Plus, it is very likely that Darrion Randle will be back at RB this week at least part time. He is not only a great offensive weapon, he is an emotional and field leader. He adds a whole different type of flavor to the offense since he is both a great runner and a great receiver.

I think the key to this game will be how well the CH team is able to establish a running game. If they can consistently be in third and short situations, this game could be very close. The Rattlers have a pretty good front seven on defense and enough speed to give most teams problems in the running game.

I am also pretty sure that CH players believe they have a shot at knocking off the Rattlers and I would be disappointed if they did not at this stage of the season. Offensively, CH can be compared to Coldspring in the running game and have the ability to make big plays in the passing game. Defensively the Bulldogs compare favorable to the team from Rogers Arkansas with good speed and good athletes that can look really stout on some plays and then have a blown coverage or missed tackle that costs them big. The key will be making sure that they are prepared for every possibility since you can't take away a single weapon for the Rattlers. 21 receivers have caught passes and 13 of those have TD catches.

I look for this to be a good game for the fist two quarters and the Rattlers will be able to move away in the second half.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2014, 01:45 PM
The players feel the same as the fans which I like cause confidence never hurt anyone. I would rather them think they have a chance then doubt the game. They have watched film and feel the rattlers may be a little overated.

Being "overated" is perceptional. As we both know, film does not tell the entire story. We've been hearing that Navasota has been overated at some point for the last 7 years or so. 6 quarterfinal appearances and 1 state championship in those 7 years is not bad if you ask me for an "overated team". Even in 2012, we heard the same thing. The tone will soon change at the onsent of the game.

Good luck.

Aguilafanatico
11-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Being "overated" is perceptional. As we both know, film does not tell the entire story. We've been hearing that Navasota has been overated at some point for the last 7 years or so. 6 quarterfinal appearances and 1 state championship in those 7 years is not bad if you ask me for an "overated team". Even in 2012, we heard the same thing. The tone will soon change at the onsent of the game.

Good luck.

I really don't get the "overrated" comment. There are only 3 undefeated teams left in 4A D1, Navasota, Argyle, and Kennedale. If you have won every game you have played, that's all you can do. In Navasota's case, they have basically destroyed almost every team they have played. Tough to call them overrated imo........ It will all play out on the field which is why I love this time of the year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2014, 02:24 PM
I really don't get the "overrated" comment. There are only 3 undefeated teams left in 4A D1, Navasota, Argyle, and Kennedale. If you have won every game you have played, that's all you can do. In Navasota's case, they have basically destroyed almost every team they have played. Tough to call them overrated imo........ It will all play out on the field which is why I love this time of the year.

That comment usually comes up when we are facing one of the East Texas teams. Navasota sits west of I45/59, lol.

buckeyebob
11-18-2014, 03:54 PM
None, once we were finished.
How many of Gilmer's had a pulse?

mmmmmm...Tatum, Rains, bout it...the rest had none after the 1st qtr

buckeyebob
11-18-2014, 04:10 PM
Gotta pull for my former District of Doom brothers but I say Soto has it 52-34.

waterboy
11-18-2014, 04:42 PM
That comment usually comes up when we are facing one of the East Texas teams. Navasota sits west of I45/59, lol.

Believe me, we hear it every year, and we ARE considered an East Texas team.

HEMOTOXIC
11-18-2014, 05:34 PM
Believe me, we hear it every year, and we ARE considered an East Texas team.

When you're good, everyone else has to find something to talk about.

Aggie98
11-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Pulling for Chapel Hill, but they're going to need a miracle. Like a +5 in turnovers, scoring 50+ points type of miracle.

OldBison75
11-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Here is a stat for everyone to consider--weak schedule or not.

Navasota has run 528 offensive plays for the entire season. They have scored 693 points. That is averaging 1.3 points per play. Pretty much tells the explosiveness of this offense. Touchdown every 5.3 plays for the year!!!!!!

regaleagle
11-18-2014, 11:59 PM
As a fan and player, you just gotta love it when the team you will be facing has a fanbase that is so enthusiastic about their team competing in this game. The thought of having the opportunity to meet and play against a top-ranked opponent in the playoffs....with a chance of actually winning....that's what makes the whole season worthwhile. This week is EVERYTHING for Chapel Hill fans, players, and coaches, believe it!! Navasota(its fans, players, and coaches) may not exactly have the same outlook, but that comes with the territory. It makes this game and every game from here on out very high profile for a team like Navasota. Chapel Hill will come in full of confidence and high expectation....how they leave may be another story. :1popcorn:

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 07:59 AM
60% chance for thunderstorms on Friday in Conroe and 100% on Saturday. According to weather.com, the rain will start early during the day on Conroe. Hopefully, it will hold off during the game.

Chillfan
11-19-2014, 08:57 AM
As a fan and player, you just gotta love it when the team you will be facing has a fanbase that is so enthusiastic about their team competing in this game. The thought of having the opportunity to meet and play against a top-ranked opponent in the playoffs....with a chance of actually winning....that's what makes the whole season worthwhile. This week is EVERYTHING for Chapel Hill fans, players, and coaches, believe it!! Navasota(its fans, players, and coaches) may not exactly have the same outlook, but that comes with the territory. It makes this game and every game from here on out very high profile for a team like Navasota. Chapel Hill will come in full of confidence and high expectation....how they leave may be another story. :1popcorn:

Well said

OldBison75
11-19-2014, 03:54 PM
On another site the posters commented about T Dickson of the Rattlers having 24 TD receptions on only 52 catches for the year. They seemed to feel that that was only due to the weak competition. I submit that 14 of those TD receptions were on short (usually WR screens) that he took to the house with his after catch abilities. He has been double teamed all year and still produces. Also, he is committed to Baylor already and is just a junior this year.

I correct myself on an earlier post: Navasota has actually run 575 offensive plays this year and scored 693 points. That means they score 1.2 points per play. Not quite as impressive I guess. LOL

Dawgs
11-19-2014, 04:02 PM
On another site the posters commented about T Dickson of the Rattlers having 24 TD receptions on only 52 catches for the year. They seemed to feel that that was only due to the weak competition. I submit that 14 of those TD receptions were on short (usually WR screens) that he took to the house with his after catch abilities. He has been double teamed all year and still produces. Also, he is committed to Baylor already and is just a junior this year.

I correct myself on an earlier post: Navasota has actually run 575 offensive plays this year and scored 693 points. That means they score 1.2 points per play. Not quite as impressive I guess. LOL

You can go blind reading all the BS that is posted over there.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 05:18 PM
(5A)Lindale (L) 21-17
(5A) Whitehouse (L) 52-42
Paris (W) 51-41
(5A)Port Neches-Groves (L) 53-20
Tatum (W) 42-39
Brownsboro (W) 56-20
Palestine (W) 76-36
Kilgore (W) 38-21
Henderson (L) 37-14
Carthage (L) 28-21

Hargrave (W)57-43

Chapel Hill fans, don't kid yourself. You've won the games that you were supposed to have won. Even in a "down" year for Carthage, you still weren't able to get the W. Loses to Lindale, Whitehouse (good team), PNG (good team), and Henderson speak for themselves. Kilgore definitely doesn't count considering the season that they had. 39 Points to Tatum!?

Bottom line, the defense needs work. You've beaten the teams that you should have beaten and lost to any team that had a pulse. So, let's talk about weak competition. None of those teams that you lost to are just tearing their competitition to streads. So, 5 out of 10 teams were better than CH?

So, really CHILL, what have the puppies done thus far? You brag about your schedule all you want but you've lost to all the "good" teams that was on your schedule.

FYI, if you thought that Huffman, Paris, Tatum, PNG, Whitehouse, and Henderson put up some points on that great defense of yours, just wait until Friday. GOOD LUCK!

navscanmaster
11-19-2014, 07:29 PM
(5A)Lindale (L) 21-17
Paris (W) 51-41
Tatum (W) 42-39
Brownsboro (W) 56-20
Palestine (W) 76-36
Kilgore (W) 38-21
Henderson (L) 37-14
Carthage (L) 28-21

Hargrave (W)57-43

Chapel Hill fans, don't kid yourself. You've won the games that you were supposed to have won. Even in a "down" year for Carthage, you still weren't able to get the W. Loses to Lindale, Whitehouse (good team), PNG (good team), and Henderson speak for themselves. Kilgore definitely doesn't count considering the season that they had. 39 Points to Tatum!?

Bottom line, the defense needs work. You've beaten the teams that you should have beaten and lost to any team that had a pulse. So, let's talk about weak competition. None of those teams that you lost to are just tearing their competitition to streads. So, 5 out of 10 teams were better than CH?

So, really CHILL, what have the puppies done thus far? You brag about your schedule all you want but you've lost to all the "good" teams that was on your schedule.

FYI, if you thought that Huffman, Paris, Tatum, PNG, Whitehouse, and Henderson put up some points on that great defense of yours, just wait until Friday. GOOD LUCK!
Was getting a little too quiet on this board, huh?

Dawgs
11-19-2014, 07:38 PM
(5A)Lindale (L) 21-17
Paris (W) 51-41
Tatum (W) 42-39
Brownsboro (W) 56-20
Palestine (W) 76-36
Kilgore (W) 38-21
Henderson (L) 37-14
Carthage (L) 28-21

Hargrave (W)57-43

You make good points. CH is about as good as Carthage this year. Both beat Kilgore like they should, and both got beat by Henderson by the same margin. This is a down Carthage year, and we are an average 4a team. So there's that. Sota should win by 20+ if they are as good as advertised.

HEMOTOXIC
11-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Was getting a little too quiet on this board, huh?

That's right. Way too quiet.

The majority of the responses it to address what I've read on the "other" site. I know that most are reading this so I'm addressing them here rather than there.

Chillfan
11-19-2014, 08:41 PM
We had a new QB that had no varsity experience. Nervous as a cat till he finally settled down. Ch is pretty young and they had a little bit of gelling to do. Ch is inconsistent but to be honest I blame a lot of that on our offensive play calling. Not taking a jab just my opinion. We have two great rbs and our best didnt expose his talents til mid season from lack of playing time. He moved in from John Tyler. Our d-line is strong but our linebackers and secondary can be suspect. Yes our offense can get it done and our defense is average. Our kicker is exceptional. Tatum scoring points on us is legit imo. They are very explosive and they have speed to burn. Lindale I can't explain. Lol. PNG just flat eat us up.

Aggie98
11-20-2014, 12:45 AM
(5A)Lindale (L) 21-17
Paris (W) 51-41
Tatum (W) 42-39
Brownsboro (W) 56-20
Palestine (W) 76-36
Kilgore (W) 38-21
Henderson (L) 37-14
Carthage (L) 28-21

Hargrave (W)57-43

Chapel Hill is kind of a weird team. They have a really good RB (#28, Bledsoe), but they only give him 10-12 carries/gm. The other guys they hand it to (2, 4, 6?) are very fast, but not natural RB's. Short yardage, they're snapping it to #12 (King) and he's following the right guard/tackle. Their passing game is basically the QB running around until someone gets open. Defensively, they don't tackle well and the corners usually give a 10-yd cushion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

movethechain
11-20-2014, 01:27 AM
Chapel Hill is kind of a weird team. They have a really good RB (#28, Bledsoe), but they only give him 10-12 carries/gm. The other guys they hand it to (2, 4, 6?) are very fast, but not natural RB's. Short yardage, they're snapping it to #12 (King) and he's following the right guard/tackle. Their passing game is basically the QB running around until someone gets open. Defensively, they don't tackle well and the corners usually give a 10-yd cushion.

Other than that, they are a GREAT football team. :spitlol:

Chillfan
11-20-2014, 09:05 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bledsoe actually had more carries than anyone last week believe it or not. It has been mind boggling to me why he doesnt stay on the field. Hes the only RB that doesnt play defense.

hollywood
11-20-2014, 09:54 AM
I think CHill will give the Rattlers their best challenge to date, but it won't be enough. Sota is running like a fine tuned V8... smooth and powerful.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 11:12 AM
http://www.etfinalscore.com/ET-Chapel+Hill/209064/chapel-hill-ready-for-navasota-challenge

When it comes down to it, any coach anywhere will tell you that once you make the playoffs, records mean absolutely nothing, and if you win the last game of the year, your team just won the state title.

Just last week, the Chapel Hill Bulldogs faced a win-or-go-home game against a 9-1 for Huffman Hargrave squad. The Bulldogs commanded play early, but gave in a bit to make it exciting in the end of a 57-32 win in the Class 4A Division I Region III bi-district contest.

The Bulldogs advance to the area round where they will face Navasota (11-0) at 7 p.m. Friday at Morehead Stadium in Conroe.

Navasota’s Rattlers were a first round winner over Needville, 55-15.

Although sporting just a 6-5 record, the Bulldogs have one playoff win under their belt. Head coach Thomas Sitton and his ’Dawgs are hoping for another run, just like the older ones from days gone by.

“We expect to be in the playoffs every year and when you get there, you never know what is going to happen because the records don’t mean anything then,” Sittton said. “Our kids just love to play. They were not satisfied with the season and we are going to have to play solid in all three phases of the game against a very good team.”

Last season Chapel Hill, the Class 3A Division I state champion in 2011, reached the 3A quarterfinals where they lost for the second time to Kilgore.

This year they started 1-3 before the Bulldogs ventured into District 9-4A Division I play and picked up three wins before back-to-back losses to Henderson and Carthage had Chapel Hill regrouping for the playoffs.

Double threat Ja’Braylon Franklin (15-114 rush, 2-92 receiving) burned Hargrave with his speed with TD grabs from 88 and 33 yards from Konnor Hitchcock. Jeffery Minor (4-111) caught two TDs and running back Michael Bledsoe (17-133) ran in for 14- and 40-yard tallies. Zack Walters also caught a 28-yard score in the win.

Hitchcock made the most of his return after missing the district finale. He was a solid 14-for-21 throwing, connecting for four scores and 333 yards.

On the year, Franklin has 98 carries for 949 yards and five scores while backfield mate Bledsoe has 112 carries for 875 yards and five TDs. Reggie King has also been big with 14 rushing TDs and 389 yards in 47 tries.

At quarterback, Hitchcock is now 124 of 216 for 1,899 yards and 16 TDs.

Deundre Phillips leads the receivers with 29 snags for 463 yards and Minor has 23 catches for 384 yards.

Defensively, the Bulldogs are led upfront by A.J. Mosely, Patrick Stansel and Andrew Dawson. The linebackers make it happen with Rex Cicero and King on the outside and Delius Garrett and Deandre Hordge in the middle.

Franklin and Phillips play the safety spots and Kenyotta Henderson and Martin are big play makers at cornerback.

The Rattlers have yet to taste defeat this season, taking district in commanding fashion while averaging 560.2 yards (243 rushing, 254 passing) of offense each outing.

“They are a very balanced team that runs well and has a great quarterback that has thrown for almost 2,500 yards,” Sutton said. “They have a receiver that scores almost every time he makes a catch so we have focused on being there when they make catches.

“Defensively they have allowed only 73 points in 11 games and they fly around to the ball and have some great athletes. But we just need to execute and make smart plays and stay away from bad penalties.”

Quarterback Shelton Eppler is a 6-1, 185-pound senior, who has completed 161 of 235 passes for 2,967 yards with 42 TDs and six interceptions.

A plethora of running talent in the backfield is led by Derrion Randle (5-10, 200), who has seven games over 100 yards, totaling 1,104 yards and 14 scores on 101 carries. Jarvis Norman (55-549-5TD), Lamarquis Jefferson (21-173-7 TD) and Kyondrick Philio’s five TDs set the rushing attack.

Tren’davian Dickson has 45 grabs for 1,111 yards and 24 TDs at wide receiver while teammate Jerbrell Lipscomb adds in 454 yards and four scores in 30 catches. Sammy Blair and Randle each have four touchdowns receiving too.

Navasota’s defense has 26 sacks and nine interceptions on the season.

The Rattlers defense is led by linebackers Coy Imhoff (92 tackles, 68 solo), linebacker Taylor Soto (89, 79) and DJ Harris (69, 55). Christon Jones has 54 tackles at defensive tackle.

“The past few games our defense has bent a little but didn’t break,” Sitton said. “So if we just fly around the football and play physical like we can, I think we will be OK.”

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 11:14 AM
We had a new QB that had no varsity experience. Nervous as a cat till he finally settled down. Ch is pretty young and they had a little bit of gelling to do. Ch is inconsistent but to be honest I blame a lot of that on our offensive play calling. Not taking a jab just my opinion. We have two great rbs and our best didnt expose his talents til mid season from lack of playing time. He moved in from John Tyler. Our d-line is strong but our linebackers and secondary can be suspect. Yes our offense can get it done and our defense is average. Our kicker is exceptional. Tatum scoring points on us is legit imo. They are very explosive and they have speed to burn. Lindale I can't explain. Lol. PNG just flat eat us up.

Almost game time.. Looks like the rain should be over before 7p. Safe travels to Conroe buddy.

Dawgs
11-20-2014, 11:22 AM
The more I read about the Rattlers the more staggering the numbers seem. Weak competition or not they have absolutely dominated this season. I don't see it changing anytime soon. No matter how bad the schedule to put up numbers like I'm reading are impressive.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 11:30 AM
The more I read about the Rattlers the more staggering the numbers seem. Weak competition or not they have absolutely dominated this season. I don't see it changing anytime soon. No matter how bad the schedule to put up numbers like I'm reading are impressive.

They are impressive. Had we struggled against any of those teams, then I would really be concerned. I will use Sealy as an example. We beat the Tigers 65-6. 10-1 Bellville beat the Tigers 16-2. Giddings who is also still alive won 35-28. Wharton beat the Tigers 14-13. Wharton also beat El Campo.

I said all of that to say that we honestly don't know how good Navasota is because of our schedule. We did beat a pretty good Coldspring team. And other than comparing scores and the "eye" test, we will have to see what happens.

For all we know, CHILL may totally lay the wood to us. Personally, I've seen some good teams come through Navasota and this is one of them.. Last year, I knew that our offense was too young and too shaky to even think about being on the same field with Carthage.

Chillfan
11-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Almost game time.. Looks like the rain should be over before 7p. Safe travels to Conroe buddy.

Appreciate it. Though dreading the drive, we are excited about this game.

Dawgs
11-20-2014, 11:54 AM
They are impressive. Had we struggled against any of those teams, then I would really be concerned. I will use Sealy as an example. We beat the Tigers 65-6. 10-1 Bellville beat the Tigers 16-2. Giddings who is also still alive won 35-28. Wharton beat the Tigers 14-13. Wharton also beat El Campo.

I said all of that to say that we honestly don't know how good Navasota is because of our schedule. We did beat a pretty good Coldspring team. And other than comparing scores and the "eye" test, we will have to see what happens.

For all we know, CHILL may totally lay the wood to us. Personally, I've seen some good teams come through Navasota and this is one of them.. Last year, I knew that our offense was too young and too shaky to even think about being on the same field with Carthage.

Programs like Carthage, Navasota, and Gilmer as examples, know deep down if they have a dominate team or not. We get to see dominate teams from time to time. And if you are able to really take an unbiased look you know about how good you are compared to previous teams. The thing you don't know sometimes is about how the team will handle adversity when presented. I followed the team much closer last year. I knew that team last year was as good or better than any of out previous state teams. I knew the offense was good when they went down and scored a game winning TD against Nac. I knew they would handle adversity. After the Whitehouse game I knew out defense would be ok and if they continued to get better we would have a championship team. That sounds funny cause Whitehouse scored 60 points, but we held the to about 20 points in the first 2 1/2 qt. That was a awesome offense that had a lot if depth. For us to be able to hold them I knew we would be ok. By the time playoffs rolled around I knew we wouldn't be beat. That wasn't being a homer I just knew. You guys saw one of the most dominate teams in 3a in a long time in 2012. Y'all know deep down if this team is the same caliber or not. The only thing you don't know is how they will respond when faced with adversity. The way 4a D1 is going this season I don't know if y'all will be faced with any. With ETX being down, and Region 4 being Region 4 I don't know if y'all will get tested until State. We will know more about EC after this week.

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 01:09 PM
Appreciate it. Though dreading the drive, we are excited about this game.

Yeah, that is a long drive. Curious, how far is Waco from Tyler?

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Programs like Carthage, Navasota, and Gilmer as examples, know deep down if they have a dominate team or not. We get to see dominate teams from time to time. And if you are able to really take an unbiased look you know about how good you are compared to previous teams. The thing you don't know sometimes is about how the team will handle adversity when presented. I followed the team much closer last year. I knew that team last year was as good or better than any of out previous state teams. I knew the offense was good when they went down and scored a game winning TD against Nac. I knew they would handle adversity. After the Whitehouse game I knew out defense would be ok and if they continued to get better we would have a championship team. That sounds funny cause Whitehouse scored 60 points, but we held the to about 20 points in the first 2 1/2 qt. That was a awesome offense that had a lot if depth. For us to be able to hold them I knew we would be ok. By the time playoffs rolled around I knew we wouldn't be beat. That wasn't being a homer I just knew. You guys saw one of the most dominate teams in 3a in a long time in 2012. Y'all know deep down if this team is the same caliber or not. The only thing you don't know is how they will respond when faced with adversity. The way 4a D1 is going this season I don't know if y'all will be faced with any. With ETX being down, and Region 4 being Region 4 I don't know if y'all will get tested until State. We will know more about EC after this week.

Good point. That is something we don't know. In the Coldspring game, we were tied 14 all at the half. The team did respond winning the game 35-14 and held the Trojans to less than 100 yards in the second half. Also, with the injury to Randle, the team did have to adjust their game plan. It was first thought that Randle would be out for the remainder of the season. Looks like he may play some tomorrow.

Not quite the adversity that tell us how we will respond to a tied game late in the 4th quarter that we need but advarsity nontheless.

Chillfan
11-20-2014, 02:03 PM
yeah, that is a long drive. Curious, how far is waco from tyler?

2.5 hrs

HEMOTOXIC
11-20-2014, 02:35 PM
2.5 hrs

Ok. It's about 1:45 from Navasota.

Chillfan
11-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Steady rain in CH this morning. Could be a wet game.

HEMOTOXIC
11-21-2014, 09:56 AM
Steady rain in CH this morning. Could be a wet game.

It's raining in Navasota as well per my mother. Most of the rain should be over by gametime, I hope.

OldBison75
11-21-2014, 10:47 PM
NAVASOTA 49
CHAPEL HILL 28

FINAL

I take my hat off to the Chapel Hill team. They came out in the first half and played lights out. They showed a great running game and fast and stout defense. For the first time this year the Rattlers fell behind and were behind 21=14 at the half. In the second half the Rattler offense exploded and the defense started controlling the Chapel Hill running game. A few costly penalties against the Bulldogs helped change momentum on a couple of drives and suddenly the Rattlers had opened a two touchdown lead.

Chapel Hill has the best running game we have seen this year and an abundance of athletes. Take away a few mistakes like dropped punts and penalties and this could have been a very, very close game at the end. Kudos to Chapel Hill on a great effort and you guys will be back stronger next year without a doubt.

Chillfan
11-21-2014, 10:55 PM
Great win navasota. You guys have a special team. Well mannered kids to say the least.

Ch gave it there all but at the end of the day is wasn't enough. Thank you for the fun season. I'm already ready to watch another season.

Again congrats on the win and I wish yall good luck the rest of the way.

Classy ballgame that was a blast

OldBison75
11-21-2014, 10:59 PM
Thanks Chilfan!!!! You guys should be very proud of your team. They gave 110 percent the whole game and were very close on so many plays to breaking long TD runs. Your fans and team have NOTHING to be ashamed of. The best team we have seen this year!!!