PDA

View Full Version : La Vernia Bears vs Robinson Rockets

Cam
11-15-2014, 04:19 PM
So Rocket Man, ya'll gonna take care of business or what??...La Vernia be's a nasty!.....The NASA's have me totally confused...first I hear they're fallin' apart....then kids gettin' kicked off....then everybody gets reinstated....what's going on at the launch pad???....sounds like the Rockets have refueled to me!!...Good luck to both teams!

solocam
11-15-2014, 04:27 PM
LaVernia moves on

Rocket Man
11-15-2014, 04:40 PM
So Rocket Man, ya'll gonna take care of business or what??...La Vernia be's a nasty!.....The NASA's have me totally confused...first I hear they're fallin' apart....then kids gettin' kicked off....then everybody gets reinstated....what's going on at the launch pad???....sounds like the Rockets have refueled to me!!...Good luck to both teams!

No reinstatements that I know of, but they sure played well last night. They ate chicken fried steaks at the Rocket Cafe for the pre-game meal, maybe that helped. It's big time next week, Go Rockets!!

YTBulldogs
11-15-2014, 05:20 PM
Bo's Bears 28-7.

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Bo's Bears 28-7.

Robinson is the best team the Bears have played in a while. That long pass is a little scary, but La Vernia is strong on the back-end with excellent safety play. This will be a good matchup. I think the Bears will be about 14 points better in a hard faught game.

regaleagle
11-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Rockets defense can't be depended on in a smashmouth affair. It will have to fall to the offense to outscore their opponent. Doubt if that happens against Da Bears D. I think Burnet exposed Robinson defensiviely. Rockets are stronger against the run than the pass, imo. If a team is a running team without the capacity to offset the run with the pass, then Robinson should do well against that team. Just so happens, I think that's the way this La Vernia team is built on offense.

Pudlugger
11-15-2014, 07:46 PM
La Vernia is too physical and efficient on offense for the Rockets. LV by 20.

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Rockets defense can't be depended on in a smashmouth affair. It will have to fall to the offense to outscore their opponent. Doubt if that happens against Da Bears D. I think Burnet exposed Robinson defensiviely. Rockets are stronger against the run than the pass, imo. If a team is a running team without the capacity to offset the run with the pass, then Robinson should do well against that team. Just so happens, I think that's the way this La Vernia team is built on offense.

LV can throw the ball on every down if needed. That's just not the game they typically play.

Snotbubbles
11-15-2014, 08:35 PM
LV no stud D1 standout's either. Just "whatever" it takes, let's go to work attitude, and get it done together. One fun team to watch. In warm up's, you'd think they have no chance. Then-- light's come on, watch out cause you about to get hammered by a determined bunch of country boy's. Chip off their coach's block for sure. They certainly trust and execute his game plan to a T.

regaleagle
11-15-2014, 08:47 PM
Film clips show LV as a solid running team with short passes only. A formidable D line would answer their power running game and force the Bears out of their comfort zone of pounding the ball. An occasional screen pass or short sideliner would not be enough if the Bears found themselves unable to maintain first downs and coming from behind. In this particular game, they will be facing a perplexing Robinson squad that has shown a Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde tendency in their offensive style. Which Robinson team will show up against LV? If the Rockets were to somehow get up by 14 pts. on LV, it could be tough sledding for LV to make up the difference just powering their way. All I'm saying is this Robinson team can be perplexing to figure out. Therefore, they are dangerous.....esp. for a power running team. I'm like most here and look for LV to win this one, but things could easily go the other direction if the Rockets started going off on their passing attack.

Rabid Cougar
11-15-2014, 10:46 PM
LV no stud D1 standout's either. Just "whatever" it takes, let's go to work attitude, and get it done together. One fun team to watch. In warm up's, you'd think they have no chance. Then-- light's come on, watch out cause you about to get hammered by a determined bunch of country boy's. Chip off their coach's block for sure. They certainly trust and execute his game plan to a T.

Them and 1,200 other high schools in Texas.

Robinson has kids that live in the country.

Any other cliches?????

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2014, 11:00 PM

Any other cliches?????
:) ha.

Snotbubbles
11-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Only thing these teams have in common, is Robinson. Night in day difference between the two. LV will be the slowest, smallest. Nothing flashy. Boring offense. Solid OL play, stingy defense. Bears try to win field position battle, all night. You'll be scratching your head after this one. :vrycnfsd:

Cam
11-16-2014, 12:36 AM
....and speakin' of rockets.....I just got back from seeing the movie, "Interstellar".....what the heck?....that movie was a bit confucius:vrycnfsd:......Rocket Man, maybe you can shed some light on what I just saw!!.....

Rocket Man
11-16-2014, 01:14 AM
....and speakin' of rockets.....I just got back from seeing the movie, "Interstellar".....what the heck?....that movie was a bit confucius:vrycnfsd:......Rocket Man, maybe you can shed some light on what I just saw!!.....

I ain't seen it; they only let me out for the games. But if I happen to sneak a peek at it, I'll give you the 411

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2014, 09:55 AM

Any other cliches?????

La Vernia is pretty much a suburb of San Antonio these days. Most new construction is $350k and up best I can tell. Not so sure it's nearly as "country" anymore, but they do have a hard nosed style. It has typically translated to playoff success when temps drop and weather gets nasty. I have been expecting this matchup with Robinson all season. The Rockets are a tough draw and this is a great matchup. This one will be worth the trip to Roundrock.

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
How far did Robinson go last season? I thought they had a decent run. region 3 exile, correct?

Rabid Cougar
11-16-2014, 06:20 PM
How far did Robinson go last season? I thought they had a decent run. region 3 exile, correct?

You are correct. 17 3A tied to 18 3 A the last two years. They caught Navasota in Didistrict. Not a good thing the past several years.

slingshot
11-16-2014, 08:43 PM
...They caught Navasota in Didistrict. Not a good thing the past several years.'Didistrict'... Love it!

YTBulldogs
11-16-2014, 08:51 PM
When and where is this game? Who is home team? Sorry, if I missed it in the thread. Thanks.

Cam
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
When and where is this game? Who is home team? Sorry, if I missed it in the thread. Thanks.

Kelly Reeves Complex in Round Rock - Friday....not sure who home is. Nice venue!

YTBulldogs
11-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Kelly Reeves Complex in Round Rock - Friday....not sure who home is. Nice venue!

Thanks Cam. Yes, one of the best venues in state IMO.

montyhp
11-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Friday 7:30pm Kelley reeves stadium in round rock. Robinson is home team.

Cam
11-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Thanks Cam. Yes, one of the best venues in state IMO.

Yep it is!...I took a pic of my bud, sports reporter Jennifer Fierro of the The Daily Tribune in Marble Falls up in the press box at Kelly Reeves last Friday....so I decided to get out of the cold for a while...head up there, find the food and watch the 3rd quarter from up there....Nice view!.....but the pizza was cold!!...
Here's Jennifer working the game story line:
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j347/burnet2/DSC_0003.jpg

stardog
11-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Yep it is!...I took a pic of my bud, sports reporter Jennifer Fierro of the The Daily Tribune in Marble Falls up in the press box at Kelly Reeves last Friday....so I decided to get out of the cold for a while...head up there, find the food and watch the 3rd quarter from up there....Nice view!.....but the pizza was cold!!...

Best Reporter - The BEST !!!!!! (she does have one minor flaw - reports on Marble Fall also)

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2014, 11:18 PM
So, what kind of following do the Rockets have? Do they travel well?

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2014, 11:20 PM

Is there a person somewhere in that pic?

Rocket Man
11-17-2014, 12:15 AM
So, what kind of following do the Rockets have? Do they travel well?

Frankly, it's been disappointing this year.

regaleagle
11-17-2014, 06:24 AM
Possible wet or drizzly conditions could be in store for the area according to the weekend forecast. Will be warming up toward the weekend though. Could be dry as a bone, also. What do the weather forecasters really know, anyways? One of the few jobs where you can be wrong continually and still get paid for it, haha.

YTBulldogs
11-17-2014, 07:30 AM
One of the few jobs where you can be wrong continually and still get paid for it, haha.

President another one.:doh:

Papá Oso
11-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Great stadium, thank goodness for 130, its almost as fast to get there from LV as some of the north side SA stadiums with traffic issues. The Bears will be looking to go 2 and 0 there after "upsetting" a undefeated Lampasas squad a few years back in the second round. Should be a good reminder to LV that records and who supposed to win doesn't matter once the whistle blows.

PO

LV_Bearfan
11-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Looks like Robinson has a real good running back and a shifty QB that throws a nice long ball.
Hard to tell the weakness on this team aside from maybe some inconsistency. True?
Athlete for athlete, the Rockets will match up well and probably be better than La Vernia.
The Bears must capitalize on every facet of the game as they've done throughout the season.

Cam
11-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Is there a person somewhere in that pic?

ya can kinda see her head!....I texted her to tell her to stand up....but she wouldn't do it!!!.......

Rocket Man...are you too busy thrusting your own rockets?.....where's all the banter from you?.....LV folks are lookin' for a fight!!!....

Cam
11-19-2014, 04:15 PM
Looks like Robinson has a real good running back and a shifty QB that throws a nice long ball.
Hard to tell the weakness on this team aside from maybe some inconsistency. True?
Athlete for athlete, the Rockets will match up well and probably be better than La Vernia.
The Bears must capitalize on every facet of the game as they've done throughout the season.

Yup....Le'vonte Owens is the real deal.....you won't stop him....maybe limit him.....

Rabid Cougar
11-19-2014, 04:47 PM

Their QB thinks he is JFF, thus the No. 2. Get's them into trouble a lot. If they just run the ball they will be very hard to stop. Their defense has some studs on it. This is not your normal Region iV football team. They have 35 seniors on the team. It's now or never for them.

Cam
11-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Their QB thinks he is JFF, thus the No. 2. Get's them into trouble a lot. If they just run the ball they will be very hard to stop. Their defense has some studs on it. This is not your normal Region iV football team. They have 35 seniors on the team. It's now or never for them.

good points!

Snotbubbles
11-19-2014, 05:06 PM
No secrets. LV have to pound them. Robinson secondary is very good. Both teams run, to open up the pass. So, I think both will hit a "caught off guard" TD here, as teams creep up to stop run.

30-21 da'Bears

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 05:41 PM

Sheesh. We better come out fired up!

varsity parent
11-19-2014, 06:55 PM
So true about #2! And Rocket man can attest to the fact that he ain't havin the stellar year he had last year. Cougar nailed it! Waco trib had him leading the pack with INT's this season in the stats plus section. The secondary is the weakness. Kinda sketchy. A good passing game could be their undoing. Burnet raped the secondary earlier.

CaribouLou
11-20-2014, 09:29 AM
So true about #2! And Rocket man can attest to the fact that he ain't havin the stellar year he had last year. Cougar nailed it! Waco trib had him leading the pack with INT's this season in the stats plus section. The secondary is the weakness. Kinda sketchy. A good passing game could be their undoing. Burnet raped the secondary earlier.

I am guessing you did not see the sec. against Boerne?

varsity parent
11-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I am guessing you did not see the sec. against Boerne?
No I did not. I am deducing by that statement that they have made a few changes in their coverage schemes?

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 01:42 PM
ya can kinda see her head!....I texted her to tell her to stand up....but she wouldn't do it!!!.......

Rocket Man...are you too busy thrusting your own rockets?.....where's all the banter from you?.....LV folks are lookin' for a fight!!!....

I just hope we make it a respectable game and all. Sure would hate to let down the 13 and have a bad showing.

You want text updates? I don't want to bother you if you don't.

Cam
11-20-2014, 02:11 PM
I just hope we make it a respectable game and all. Sure would hate to let down the 13 and have a bad showing.

You want text updates? I don't want to bother you if you don't.

You bet!....I'll do the same....travel safe...

lv2937
11-20-2014, 05:28 PM
Text me also Cam .830 798 4239.

Cam
11-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Text me also Cam .830 798 4239.

OK....not going???:(

lv2937
11-20-2014, 09:02 PM
I'm going.leaving on the morning g and making a week end out of it. I would like updates on the Robinson game.

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 09:33 PM
I'm going.leaving on the morning g and making a week end out of it. I would like updates on the Robinson game.

If you want, I'll text you the same time I text Cam. That way you won't have to wait so long for his fat thumbs to relay the message. But it's up to you.

Cam
11-20-2014, 11:07 PM
If you want, I'll text you the same time I text Cam. That way you won't have to wait so long for his fat thumbs to relay the message. But it's up to you.

Thanks Rocket!.....it's just not the fat thumbs....I'm still using an old flip phone!!......the Smithsonian wants it when I'm done with it!......

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks Rocket!.....it's just not the fat thumbs....I'm still using an old flip phone!!......the Smithsonian wants it when I'm done with it!......

To help you some more, you don't need to text me your score cause I'll be following it on the app I have, but you're always welcome

Cam
11-20-2014, 11:16 PM
To help you some more, you don't need to text me your score cause I'll be following it on the app I have, but you're always welcome

So, what's the feeling in Rocketland among the Rocket players and fans??....

Rocket Man
11-20-2014, 11:16 PM

I went ahead and put you in. It'll be a group text with Cam, my number is a 254 area code. Just so you'll know it's me when you get the first one. I sure hope I'm sending happy texts tomorrow night. Y'all travel safe.

lv2937
11-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks R.M.

LV_Bearfan
11-21-2014, 09:56 AM
[QUOTE=Cam;1843413]So, what's the feeling in Rocketland among the Rocket players and fans??....[/

Inquiring minds want to know. How are you guys feeling about this one? I can't wait to head out to Round Rock. I think this will be a very exciting game. Robinson has our respect. The Bears should come out jacked up. This will be a very intense game with some real good hitting. Watch the line play. That has to be the difference in this one. La Vernia must win that battle on both sides and give Robinson very little time or room to operate. If they do that, Bears win. If they can't get excellent penetration or a push offensively, this is a real dogfight.

Rocket Man
11-21-2014, 09:58 AM
So, what's the feeling in Rocketland among the Rocket players and fans??....

I really don't know.....I'm not that plugged in

I don't have a son playing and my daughter is in Jr. High. Though my wife works at the Intermediate, I haven't heard her say anything. Hopefully, the players realize that this will be the toughest game of the year (no offense to any Bulldog). I also hope the weather doesn't keep the fan base away. I guess in about 10 1/2 hours we'll find out.

Rocket Man
11-21-2014, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=Cam;1843413]So, what's the feeling in Rocketland among the Rocket players and fans??....[/

Inquiring minds want to know. How are you guys feeling about this one? I can't wait to head out to Round Rock. I think this will be a very exciting game. Robinson has our respect. The Bears should come out jacked up. This will be a very intense game with some real good hitting. Watch the line play. That has to be the difference in this one. La Vernia must win that battle on both sides and give Robinson very little time or room to operate. If they do that, Bears win. If they can't get excellent penetration or a push offensively, this is a real dogfight.

I think one of the important aspects of the game, consistency, is something y'all have experienced all year and don't have that "I wonder which team will show up" thinking. With this group, it has been as Forrest Gump says, "....like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get...."

Cam
11-21-2014, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=LV_Bearfan;1843478]

I think one of the important aspects of the game, consistency, is something y'all have experienced all year and don't have that "I wonder which team will show up" thinking. With this group, it has been as Forrest Gump says, "....like a box of chocolates.....you never know what you're gonna get...."

I think it's real simple for Robinson....give it Owens...then give it to him some more!....

Rocket Man
11-21-2014, 11:26 AM
[QUOTE=Rocket Man;1843482]

I think it's real simple for Robinson....give it Owens...then give it to him some more!....

If they try that running from the spread with only 5 down lineman = Early Thanksgiving Stuffing..........just saying based on what I've seen during the year especially against this defense

lbjacj
11-22-2014, 09:01 AM
The game ended with the Bears on the Rocket 15 yd line. What happened? Why no field goal?

LV_Bearfan
11-22-2014, 09:52 AM
The game ended with the Bears on the Rocket 15 yd line. What happened? Why no field goal?

LV was at the 17 and in range earlier in the series but got an illegal procedure at one point moving them to the 22. I don't know why the didn't try a field goal from there with 12 seconds. Instead, we threw a pass to the middle of the field and time expired. It was as if they didn't remember that they could tie with a field goal. They kept taking shots at the end zone. May have been a brain lock. I know I wasn't thinking field goal either. Not sure why.

LV_Bearfan
11-22-2014, 09:58 AM
I think things were so frantic with no timeouts. Very hard to explain. Perhaps we were trying to get closer but the sideline receivers were all covered. That, and I don't think the plan was to throw the ball to the middle of the field and let the clock run out .

LV_Bearfan
11-22-2014, 10:00 AM
I hate that we lost, but both teams left it all on the field. Both deserved to win, but only one can. Hats off to Robinson.

lbjacj
11-22-2014, 10:07 AM
I hate that we lost, but both teams left it all on the field. Both deserved to win, but only one can. Hats off to Robinson.

What a heartbreaker! I thought this was the Bears year!

LV_Bearfan
11-22-2014, 10:45 AM
What a heartbreaker! I thought this was the Bears year!

We all did, but they started in a hole last night and weren't quite able to finish. They played pretty well down the stretch, but Robinson never folded. Lot's of mental toughness from that team. Bears put a lot of pressure on them in the third , and they got that one critical field goal in the fourth. Their defense played pretty well and is what saved them.