PDA

View Full Version : LH Panthers (9-2) vs Gonzales Apache (5-6).

panfan
11-15-2014, 10:09 AM
Both teams survive round 1. Who continues after this matchup?

Gontex
11-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Both teams survive round 1. Who continues after this matchup?

Any idea where this game will be played?

panfan
11-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Any idea where this game will be played?
Boys in watching film this morning. Will probably hear when he gets home. If I had to guess Del Valle is about half way. Maybe lockhart?

Gontex
11-15-2014, 10:26 AM
Berger Center, Nelson Field, San Marcos or perhaps even New Braunfels would be better settings, I believe.

rb585
11-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Hays High School, Friday

Gontex
11-15-2014, 10:36 AM
Perfect.

panfan
11-15-2014, 10:43 AM
That'll work just fine.

garciap77
11-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Liberty Hill!!!!!

solocam
11-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Possibly Cedar Creek,Bastrop

pacdaddy
11-15-2014, 11:55 AM
The Gonzales Apaches will face a good LH team this Friday night. The tribe will have to correct the little things this week so that the tribe can play to the best of there abilities. I believe that this game isgogoing to be very close game. I know what type of team we are up against, strong, fast, and physical but, the tribe is playing at a different level now and will not come out flat. So with that being said, the tribe will go out and take care of business this coming Friday and win. Go Apaches!!!!!!

panfan
11-15-2014, 04:36 PM
The Gonzales Apaches will face a good LH team this Friday night. The tribe will have to correct the little things this week so that the tribe can play to the best of there abilities. I believe that this game isgogoing to be very close game. I know what type of team we are up against, strong, fast, and physical but, the tribe is playing at a different level now and will not come out flat. So with that being said, the tribe will go out and take care of business this coming Friday and win. Go Apaches!!!!!!

Ok now tell us Why the Apache win.

pacdaddy
11-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Ok now tell us Why the Apache win.
Nobody's going to win, it's going to be a tie!!!!!:)

bag-o-chips
11-15-2014, 05:11 PM
2 nd loss to Purple Panthers running a slot t again this year is my guess!

LV_Bearfan
11-15-2014, 06:19 PM
2 nd loss to Purple Panthers running a slot t again this year is my guess!
The Apaches throttled Rockport's slot-t, so they've had success more recently. They will hold their own, but I don't see them having quite enough to finish LH. Should be a good game. The Apaches have a solid team.

Pudlugger
11-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Apaches are playing real good ball now but the Panthers have enough offense to get the win. LH by 14.

pacdaddy
11-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Containing the slot T is going to start being automatic for the tribe. We have seen alot of it this season, and that is what our guys have been preparing for. I know LH has a strong slot t game but, let me just say that unless LH has a balanced offense and does not only rely on there most famous Slot T game, then I think the tribe will have a hard time defending LH. Now, if that is all LH is going to do is run, well then I quess LH is going to find it a little hard to run it on us all night. Now that our defense is mentally prepared for this type of offense, we really are tough to fool. Our linebackers our quick to attack. No disrespect to LH, I know how tough they are but,we will not be an easy win for them they will have to earn it as we will have to also earn our win against them. Well anyway, like I said no disrespect, I know how tough they are and it will be an all out dog fight. Go Apaches!!!!!

rb585
11-15-2014, 10:20 PM
I'm rooting for Gonzales, but LH will beat them by 20+.

Daddy D 11
11-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Containing the slot T is going to start being automatic for the tribe. We have seen alot of it this season, and that is what our guys have been preparing for. I know LH has a strong slot t game but, let me just say that unless LH has a balanced offense and does not only rely on there most famous Slot T game, then I think the tribe will have a hard time defending LH. Now, if that is all LH is going to do is run, well then I quess LH is going to find it a little hard to run it on us all night. Now that our defense is mentally prepared for this type of offense, we really are tough to fool. Our linebackers our quick to attack. No disrespect to LH, I know how tough they are but,we will not be an easy win for them they will have to earn it as we will have to also earn our win against them. Well anyway, like I said no disrespect, I know how tough they are and it will be an all out dog fight. Go Apaches!!!!!

From one Daddy to another,

Gonzales isn't going to win.

Sorry,

Daddy D

pacdaddy
11-16-2014, 03:25 PM
I think 20 plus is too high. If anything by one TD. We will working real hars this week, as I know LH will be to, to be ready for this game. Go Apaches!!!!!

pacdaddy
11-16-2014, 03:55 PM

Sorry,

Daddy D
And that is what they said last year when we went four rounds. So dont be so ready to underestimate us we have been here before so this is not our first rodeo.

Cam
11-16-2014, 05:56 PM
depends....hey panfan....is everyone over the "bug"??....If so, LH wins.....ain't nothin' automatic about trying to stop the slot-T.....I'm stickin' to the Barneys....but in sayin' that, Gonzo looks good on video....#22 Ramirez is a strong runner....

bag-o-chips
11-16-2014, 06:01 PM

They saw it for 491 yards when Navarro played them. Just saying...Oh and Navarro was o-2 on passing in that game as well

Snotbubbles
11-16-2014, 06:04 PM
They saw it for 491 yards when Navarro played them. Just saying...Oh and Navarro was o-2 on passing in that game as well

Half a thousand? :doh: Now, they got the grand daddy of the T. Some containment there. Not. Get the round ball's ready Gonsalez.

pacdaddy
11-16-2014, 07:18 PM
Like I said in some other post, when we played against Navarro, the team was just getting used to this new type of offense we are running. As you know, we were a run team only, but now we can do both run and pass. Our team is now ready for all the challenges that come there way.

pacdaddy
11-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Half a thousand? :doh: Now, they got the grand daddy of the T. Some containment there. Not. Get the round ball's ready Gonsalez.
Snot, we are not ready to fold just yet.

bag-o-chips
11-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Like I said in some other post, when we played against Navarro, the team was just getting used to this new type of offense we are running. As you know, we were a run team only, but now we can do both run and pass. Our team is now ready for all the challenges that come there way.

And this has what to do with Defense?????

LV_Bearfan
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM

The defense was getting an education oin the slot also. You know. Sometimes you gotta run the slot to know how to beat the slot.

Snotbubbles
11-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Only proven method to beat the T. Pound all RB's, QB every play, over and over, with or without the ball. They wanna fake it, they must pay for it. It takes a disciplined defense to be committed to hitting a guy without the ball. Get's boring, and when you don't, they are successful, and the T wins.

Or, you have a offense they can't stop, and when you have it after their 8+ minute drives, you better match it with a TD and hope you have it last. Only 2 methods I seen against a well run T team.

Snotbubbles
11-16-2014, 08:46 PM

It dern sure isn't the Gonsalez "D" of years past. GZ will hang till half, then the pounding takes it's toll. Kinda like what that GZ "O" use to do to people. IE: Last year.

Leopardfan201
11-16-2014, 09:22 PM
It dern sure isn't the Gonsalez "D" of years past. GZ will hang till half, then the pounding takes it's toll. Kinda like what that GZ "O" use to do to people. IE: Last year.

Yes Gonzales was good last year pounding teams with the running game

Leopardfan201
11-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Get me LH by 17.. bcs LH only 2 losses this year are too power houses LG and Abilene Wylie

pacdaddy
11-16-2014, 11:36 PM
All im saying is that we have found ourselves as a team now. I still believe we have not peaked yet. We have not only one player that can make things happen this go around, we have several. I know for a fact that we better score when we have the ball, if not LH will make us pay. Scoring every time we control the ball is going to be key to us winning, if not, I know LH will take alot of time of the clock when they have the possession of the pigskin along with probably scoring every possession. If we want to keep it close that is what we will have to do.

bag-o-chips
11-17-2014, 07:17 AM
The Slot T can strike quickly also so don't fool yourself. Couple years back Navarro was facing a hyped up Pleasanton team in the first round who ran the air raid offense and they lost to Navarro 76 - 49 or so if I remember. Also remember Gonz the 5 tds Navarro scored were 26 to 81 yards. If LH has some speed watchout! best of luck to you guys and best wishes!

panfan
11-17-2014, 09:08 AM
depends....hey panfan....is everyone over the "bug"??....If so, LH wins.....ain't nothin' automatic about trying to stop the slot-T.....I'm stickin' to the Barneys....but in sayin' that, Gonzo looks good on video....#22 Ramirez is a strong runner....

Against La Grange, we were not prepared to play a team that good that early. They took us out behind the woodshed and gave us a good ol' but whipping. Tough way to start the season, but might have been the best thing for us. Against Abilene Wylie - we had our chances, they beat us by one score. They are damn good, but we virtually shut them down in the second half but made too many mistakes on Offense and their stellar defense capitalized on it.

I've been saying all year that if we get to the playoffs healthy, we'll make a good run post district due to the guantlet pre district schedule we played. I meant no physical injuries. Never crossed my mind that a pesky bug might take us out. A significant number of players had been feeling poorly, but the fellas were not ready to throw in the towel, so they toughed it out, got out there on a cold night and took it to the Cougars. BTW - two of our tds got called back due to some extra curricular activity. My hats off to CS Cougars, they were big, fast and showed me they will be a force next season - but their youth showed in mistakes. We had our share of mistakes as well.

I'm thinking this week - we are healthy, the bug is largely squashed, these guys know what they have, what they missed out on last year with the loss to Vernon in the second round, and have made a conscious decision that they aren't going down easy. The foot is on the gas pedal, no signs of letting off. Yep Gonzo has a nice sized back, got some moves and some speed. Nothing we haven't faced before. We are taking it one game at a time, one rung at a time. We are by not looking past the Apaches, but they better be ready.

greendawg84
11-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Barney's by 21 plus

LHPfactory
11-17-2014, 09:46 AM
We roll in this one.

panfan
11-17-2014, 10:41 AM

Sorry,

Daddy D

Look who showed up! :clap::clap::clap:

Cam
11-17-2014, 10:42 AM
We roll in this one.

there you are LHP!....hey, aren't ya gonna sneak over to the Burnet/King thread and offer your advanced condolences for losing that one too?.....:D:devil::tisk:.....cat lover!!!

LHPfactory
11-17-2014, 10:52 AM
there you are LHP!....hey, aren't ya gonna sneak over to the Burnet/King thread and offer your advanced condolences for losing that one too?.....:D:devil::tisk:.....cat lover!!!

Ok, you talked me into it, but no condolences this week. We need you guys to win this week and next, as do we.

I would love to attend a LH/Burnet Region IV final. We would have to rent Bible Stadium in Leander, there is no way the visitor Side in Marble Falls would contain either town if this game happens.

If all this were to happen I could give you my condolences in person!

stardog
11-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Against La Grange, we were not prepared to play a team that good that early. They took us out behind the woodshed and gave us a good ol' but whipping. Tough way to start the season, but might have been the best thing for us. Against Abilene Wylie - we had our chances, they beat us by one score. They are damn good, but we virtually shut them down in the second half but made too many mistakes on Offense and their stellar defense capitalized on it.

I've been saying all year that if we get to the playoffs healthy, we'll make a good run post district due to the guantlet pre district schedule we played. I meant no physical injuries. Never crossed my mind that a pesky bug might take us out. A significant number of players had been feeling poorly, but the fellas were not ready to throw in the towel, so they toughed it out, got out there on a cold night and took it to the Cougars. BTW - two of our tds got called back due to some extra curricular activity. My hats off to CS Cougars, they were big, fast and showed me they will be a force next season - but their youth showed in mistakes. We had our share of mistakes as well.

I'm thinking this week - we are healthy, the bug is largely squashed, these guys know what they have, what they missed out on last year with the loss to Vernon in the second round, and have made a conscious decision that they aren't going down easy. The foot is on the gas pedal, no signs of letting off. Yep Gonzo has a nice sized back, got some moves and some speed. Nothing we haven't faced before. We are taking it one game at a time, one rung at a time. We are by not looking past the Apaches, but they better be ready.

You talk the talk can you walk the walk ?

Cam
11-17-2014, 01:06 PM
Ok, you talked me into it, but no condolences this week. We need you guys to win this week and next, as do we.

I would love to attend a LH/Burnet Region IV final. We would have to rent Bible Stadium in Leander, there is no way the visitor Side in Marble Falls would contain either town if this game happens.

If all this were to happen I could give you my condolences in person!

...yes..if it were to happen, that would be pretty cool!.....but too much foozball yet to be played...Burnet or LH could get their arses handed to them before that scenario!.......but again, if it did happen, I really do doubt I'd be hearing your condolences....I'd be avoiding you and your truculent behavior after being sent home!!......:D

Gontex
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM

Snotty, you of all people should know the hazards of picking against the Apaches. Apaches have lots of weapons and the defense has played top notch ball for the last six games. Coach used pre-district games to find out what he was playing with and since then has done a very good job of putting players in the right places.

LHPfactory
11-17-2014, 01:18 PM
Snotty, you of all people should know the hazards of picking against the Apaches. Apaches have lots of weapons and the defense has played top notch ball for the last six games. Coach used pre-district games to find out what he was playing with and since then has done a very good job of putting players in the right places.

We expect a good game from The Apaches on Friday, no looking past Gonzales on the part of LH.

Snotbubbles
11-17-2014, 01:40 PM

True, that was under big man though. Just don't think the "D" is what it was under him. Yet. LH Big. Our district, not one I'd gain confidence from.

panfan
11-17-2014, 02:13 PM
You talk the talk can you walk the walk ?

No problem Astro.

panfan
11-17-2014, 07:17 PM

We run it a bit different than Navarro and Rockport? and Canyon Lake.

panfan
11-17-2014, 07:19 PM
truculent

Look who broke out their dictionary! :taunt:

panfan
11-17-2014, 07:21 PM
Gontex - Can't find no stats on your RB? Offensive productions, etc. Don't your coaches keep stats? If ya'll got some, post em.

stardog
11-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Panfan - checkout the Strongest Region thread

Cam
11-17-2014, 08:56 PM
Look who broke out their dictionary! :taunt:

Nope!...don't needs to....I is smart!........hey, I'll be the first to admit the English language is messed up!!....but I decided to learn it better than the average gringo!....:D

YTBulldogs
11-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Gontex - Can't find no stats on your RB? Offensive productions, etc. Don't your coaches keep stats? If ya'll got some, post em.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/high_school/scoreboard/?mkt=sanantonio&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=300&SchoolID=&Season=2014&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F17%2F14&SearchDateEnd=11%2F17%2F14&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=11&SearchType=Teams

pacdaddy
11-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Yea we know, we believe y'all run it more like Belleville. So we are very prepared for it.

Snotbubbles
11-18-2014, 12:04 AM
Yea we know, we believe y'all run it more like Belleville. So we are very prepared for it.

:doh:

buff4ever
11-18-2014, 08:20 AM
End of the road for Gonzales.

panfan
11-18-2014, 09:23 AM
I'm kinda of a numbers guy so here are some numbers to ponder :thinking::

Gonzo LH
Total offensive yards 3809 4339
Total rushing 2244 4019
Total passing 1565 279
Avg yds/game 346 372
Avg scoring/game 29 35

Gontex
11-18-2014, 10:13 AM

Never could figure it out. Gonzales is as close to Austin (60 miles) as are La Grange, Liberty Hill, and Lampasas, Taylor and quite a few other schools and probably sells more of their papers here than any of those yet the AAS does not consider us to be part of Central Texas. I have expressed my concerns to them on numerous occasions but have never received a satisfactory answer so I dropped my subscription to them years ago. You can get decent information on the Apaches at WWW. GonzalesCannon.com. They cover this area pretty well and will probably have a nice write up on the Panthers in this weeks paper which comes out on Thursday. You are welcome.

Gontex
11-18-2014, 10:14 AM
End of the road for Gonzales.

And for Giddings as well.

panfan
11-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Never could figure it out. Gonzales is as close to Austin (60 miles) as are La Grange, Liberty Hill, and Lampasas, Taylor and quite a few other schools and probably sells more of their papers here than any of those yet the AAS does not consider us to be part of Central Texas. I have expressed my concerns to them on numerous occasions but have never received a satisfactory answer so I dropped my subscription to them years ago. You can get decent information on the Apaches at WWW. GonzalesCannon.com. They cover this area pretty well and will probably have a nice write up on the Panthers in this weeks paper which comes out on Thursday. You are welcome.

AAS is strange - LH get some occasional love from them. They just don't give much attention to the smaller schools period, until playoffs begin, because then the number of teams available to cover starts dropping significantly. I'll take a look at the cannon to see what kind of numbers they are reporting. Thanks for the info.

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 10:47 AM
Gonzales fans: 36 offensive touchdowns in 11 games? Am I reading that correctly?

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Gonzales' schedule reeks of "when we play a team with a pulse, we lose."

Que paso, Apaches?

montyhp
11-18-2014, 12:20 PM

Que paso, Apaches?
Gonzales has shown consistent improvement over the season. Their signature win was over Rockport Fulton. They gave LA vernia a run for their money, too.

panfan
11-18-2014, 12:26 PM

Que paso, Apaches?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::1popcorn::1popcorn:

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Monty, do you think these "improvements" are a result of the Apaches appearing to have played a strong pre-district schedule and then a weak district schedule?

pacdaddy
11-18-2014, 01:03 PM

Que paso, Apaches?
You will find out come Friday que va pasar!!!!!

Cam
11-18-2014, 01:26 PM

....oh wow pacdaddy!!...I wouldn't be throwin' spanglish at D11..I think he's some kind of blood suckin' lawyer..but I'm not totally sure....you'll waste his time making him mess with Google Translate!!....then you'll tick him off...and he'll have some judgy wudgy slap an injunction on you forbidding you to write in spanglish or even access the Downlow!!!.....:eek::D....or something like that!....

...this is all Greendawgs fault!.....

soccerlube
11-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Gonzales offensive stats
Offense
Team stats
First downs 183
Rushes-yards 479-2,248
Passing yards 1,605
Passes 107-232-14
Penalties-yards 67-585
Fumbles-lost 17-8
Punts-average 44-33.9
Rushing: Alyas Ramirez 208-942 11 TDs; Brant Philippus 160-957 14 TDs ; Jaime Tellez 41-224, 5 TD; Darrance James 12-85 1 TD; Tyler Hendershot 13-40; Tyler Wells 7-27; Atlantic Johnson 6-13; Clayton Blackwell 1-6, Devonte Owens 1-2, Aaron Hunt 6-(-5); Team 4-(-41)
Passing: Brant Philippus 105-226-1,565-14, 9 TDs; Tyler Hendersho 1-5-21-0, Alyas Ramirez 1-1-19-0.
Receiving: Darrance James 41-756, 9 TDs; Aaron Hunt 18-368, 3 TD; Tyler Hendershot 18-141 ;Dalton Kuntschik 12-142; Alyas Ramirez 10-107; Blake Cox 4-47; Jaime Tellez 2-17; Brant Philippus 1-21; Atlanic Johnson 1-6

soccerlube
11-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Gonzales fans: 36 offensive touchdowns in 11 games? Am I reading that correctly?

more like 40 touchdowns

Cam
11-18-2014, 02:27 PM
more like 40 touchdowns

oh wow...that comes out to some weird numbers!

40/11 = 3.636363636363636/per game x 6 points = 21.818181818181818181/per game (not including PAT)!!!!.....this is kinda Twilight Zonish!!...:eek::eek:..I have nothing better to do today!...

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
Panfan, are the rumors true about the move in kid finally being healthy? What's his name again? I keep forgetting it. Heard from a buddy that he's been playing some QB in a wildcat-type package the past couple weeks in practice? I've always had my doubts about the LH coaches switching to a shotgun/spread offense. But mixing it up and surprising some teams in the playoffs with him could be good for LH. Is any of that true? I'm still surprised he moved from 6A Georgetown. Specially considering the All-District year he had last season. Shame the Panthers didn't get him back sooner. But, just in time for the playoffs could be fun!!!

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
What's soccer lube?

YTBulldogs
11-18-2014, 02:36 PM
What's soccer lube?

Like KY I guess.

panfan
11-18-2014, 02:54 PM

Is this the spanglish version of, "You have no idea whats coming"? :vrycnfsd: Rocket is that you hiding out in Gonzales? :p

panfan
11-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Panfan, are the rumors true about the move in kid finally being healthy? What's his name again? I keep forgetting it. Heard from a buddy that he's been playing some QB in a wildcat-type package the past couple weeks in practice? I've always had my doubts about the LH coaches switching to a shotgun/spread offense. But mixing it up and surprising some teams in the playoffs with him could be good for LH. Is any of that true? I'm still surprised he moved from 6A Georgetown. Specially considering the All-District year he had last season. Shame the Panthers didn't get him back sooner. But, just in time for the playoffs could be fun!!!

I think the kid you are talking about is still sidelined - had some back issues. That would be interesting though.

panfan
11-18-2014, 04:24 PM

You know the kid I was thinking about was playing running back. My boy did say one of the other injured O players could be back in the lineup. Since my boy he plays D, he doesn't see too much of what O is doing, but I have heard some ruminations.

Cam
11-18-2014, 04:44 PM
You know the kid I was thinking about was playing running back. My boy did say one of the other injured O players could be back in the lineup. Since my boy he plays D, he doesn't see too much of what O is doing, but I have heard some ruminations.

....panfan...don't you work or something?....:D

Daddy D 11
11-18-2014, 05:30 PM
Buddy of mine just sent me this photo he snapped on his iPhone from practice. Says that in an attempt to catch the Apaches by surprise, LH has installed a new spread offense this week. I'll believe it when I see it?

edited at 4:33: I'm having trouble loading it. i'll keep trying

Leopardfan201
11-18-2014, 05:37 PM
Still LH wins this game by 17. LH is a top 15 team, Gonzales will fight hard but LH will win. LH has 2 losses one to LG and Abilene Wylie both top 10 teams in 4A

panfan
11-18-2014, 07:57 PM
....panfan...don't you work or something?....:D

Sure do - still at work - are you? :tongue:

panfan
11-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Buddy of mine just sent me this photo he snapped on his iPhone from practice. Says that in an attempt to catch the Apaches by surprise, LH has installed a new spread offense this week. I'll believe it when I see it?

That'll be the day. Hey isn't thata Linda Ronstadt song?

pacdaddy
11-18-2014, 08:57 PM

Can you share it with me

montyhp
11-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Monty, do you think these "improvements" are a result of the Apaches appearing to have played a strong pre-district schedule and then a weak district schedule?
75% of the district playoff teams are still playing. Maybe not so weak.

LH Panther Mom
11-18-2014, 09:17 PM
:wave: :wave: Long time no see! :kiss:

garciap77
11-18-2014, 09:27 PM
If LH could have run IT the first half, like they did the second half, I'm not sure if we could have beat them!

panfan
11-18-2014, 09:30 PM
If LH could have run IT the first half, like they did the second half, I'm not sure if we could have beat them!

Yep we came out real flat in the first half. Different team in the second half.

pacdaddy
11-18-2014, 09:35 PM
Yep we came out real flat in the first half. Different team in the second half.
Then our D better be on point from the get go. :)

garciap77
11-18-2014, 10:05 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D711753.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D711753.jpg.html)

panfan
11-18-2014, 10:59 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D711753.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D711753.jpg.html)
Nice picture! Know who took the one in my signature? It was in y'alls local newspaper so I borrowed it. Was that last defensive stand we made to force AW to punt. Had we not dropped the ball after that pass completion we were in a position to score and tie up the game. Oh well!

garciap77
11-18-2014, 11:23 PM
Nice picture! Know who took the one in my signature? It was in y'alls local newspaper so I borrowed it. Was that last defensive stand we made to force AW to punt. Had we not dropped the ball after that pass completion we were in a position to score and tie up the game. Oh well!
No, this was early on in the game when you Slot-T was not working. It's was like a new team came to play in the second half and the Slot-T was looking pretty. If it weren't for our trick play for the TD, I'm not sure if we could have won that game! The game was way closer than the score. Good luck and hope you still in the playoffs!

panfan
11-19-2014, 09:17 AM
:wave: :wave: Long time no see! :kiss:

So you drop by to say Hi to Daddy D and that's it? Where's the love mom.

panfan
11-19-2014, 09:19 AM

You got that right - it happened once, coaches made damn sure it hasn't happened since. Let's just say they have been motivated!!

panfan
11-19-2014, 09:22 AM
75% of the district playoff teams are still playing. Maybe not so weak.

Apaches are going to give LH a game and fight to the end, I'm sure of that. Will if be enough, only Friday night will tell. Good luck to both teams Friday Night.

panfan
11-19-2014, 10:48 AM
What do you call an Apache running from a panther? DINNER!:D:stirpot:

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 01:29 PM
The woodshedding of Rockport looms large in my mind. That was a surprise beat-down that I wouldn't have called, and it was the last time the Apaches defended the slot in a game. I think they may have some things figured out since Navarro.......,and they also gave Navarro a pretty good game even in that early loss. This matchup could favor Gonzales. I understand that LH is different, but the slot will be no surprise.

panfan
11-19-2014, 02:04 PM
The woodshedding of Rockport looms large in my mind. That was a surprise beat-down that I wouldn't have called, and it was the last time the Apaches defended the slot in a game. I think they may have some things figured out since Navarro.......,and they also gave Navarro a pretty good game even in that early loss. This matchup could favor Gonzales. I understand that LH is different, but the slot will be no surprise.

I honestly don't think we expect it to be a surprise to anyone. We run the ball, up the middle, and round the sides. Strive for 3 or more yards on each play, rinse and repeat. Nothing surprising about that. Like I said previously, I expect the Apaches to be tough and play hard. We'll find out who comes out on top after the dust settles Friday evening.

bulldog60
11-19-2014, 02:50 PM

I couldn't agree more, I think this could be the perfect TRAP game for the Purple Kittens!!!!!

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 03:26 PM
I honestly don't think we expect it to be a surprise to anyone. We run the ball, up the middle, and round the sides. Strive for 3 or more yards on each play, rinse and repeat. Nothing surprising about that. Like I said previously, I expect the Apaches to be tough and play hard. We'll find out who comes out on top after the dust settles Friday evening.

You do understand that I simply need something to talk about. No one seems to care much about our matchup with Robinson, so I'm bringing you my 2 cents here. You're welcome, ;)

Gontex
11-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Does not appear to be many Robinson posters on this board. Good luck to the Bears. Maybe they will underestimate you as well.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 04:17 PM
Does not appear to be many Robinson posters on this board. Good luck to the Bears. Maybe they will underestimate you as well.

Thanks. Like they said, it will all be sorted out Friday. The danger for us is in underestimating Robinson. They look pretty good from what I can see.

Cam
11-19-2014, 04:19 PM
You do understand that I simply need something to talk about. No one seems to care much about our matchup with Robinson, so I'm bringing you my 2 cents here. You're welcome, ;)

....don't you worry LV_Bearfan....if Burnet & LV can pull out some wins Friday....we'll be talkin' plenty!!!!....:D:crazy1::stirpot:..

Gontex
11-19-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks. Like they said, it will all be sorted out Friday. The danger for us is in underestimating Robinson. They look pretty good from what I can see.

Everybody that is still playing had to win last week to get here. There are not going to be many weak sisters left in the tournament. Like Darrel Royal said, "All the white meat is gone, there ain't nothing left but necks and bones".

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 05:37 PM
....don't you worry LV_Bearfan....if Burnet & LV can pull out some wins Friday....we'll be talkin' plenty!!!!....:D:crazy1::stirpot:..

I hope we get the chance!

panfan
11-19-2014, 06:08 PM

what you talkin' bout willis? :tisk::tisk::tisk::tisk:

panfan
11-19-2014, 06:24 PM
I couldn't agree more, I think this could be the perfect TRAP game for the Purple Kittens!!!!!

I watched some film, specifically your game against RP-F. They looked lost on defense, undersized, and slow. I looked at their schedule, and other than Apaches and Bears, they haven't played anybody. Canyon Lake is going to dismantle RP-F. I predicted over in their thread - a Canyon lake win. Now I think it will be worse than that and RP-F will be playing round ball come Monday.

Now Gonzo is gonna put up some fight. Watched several of your games as a matter of fact. I like your RB - got some power, got some moves, got some speed. It will be a shame for him to be sittin on the sidelines most of the night cause we have the ball for 8 minutes or more each quarter. Oh and when your QB decides to pull and run, he'll get introduced to #3 and #89 outside or #80 up the middle. OUCH! But again, we'll see how it all plays out.

This is Just one guys opinion.

LV_Bearfan
11-19-2014, 06:36 PM
I watched some film, specifically your game against RP-F. They looked lost on defense, undersized, and slow. I looked at their schedule, and other than Apaches and Bears, they haven't played anybody. Canyon Lake is going to dismantle RP-F. I predicted over in their thread - a Canyon lake win. Now I think it will be worse than that and RP-F will be playing round ball come Monday.

Now Gonzo is gonna put up some fight. Watched several of your games as a matter of fact. I like your RB - got some power, got some moves, got some speed. It will be a shame for him to be sittin on the sidelines most of the night cause we have the ball for 8 minutes or more each quarter. Oh and when your QB decides to pull and run, he'll get introduced to #3 and #89 outside or #80 up the middle. OUCH! But again, we'll see how it all plays out.

This is Just one guys opinion.

One minor omission. Rockport played and beat a darn good Sinton team. That said, Rockport seemed to drop off after we played them. Not sure if they had major injuries or what.

pacdaddy
11-19-2014, 07:55 PM
LH's #22 looks pretty good at running back. Didn't really see nothing else that was a big threat. Saw some of the other backs score some TD's but only because they had some good blocking in front of them.

LH Panther Mom
11-19-2014, 09:07 PM
So you drop by to say Hi to Daddy D and that's it? Where's the love mom.

:wave: I've been insanely busy lately which is good but also sucks. At least I'm over whatever crud I had last week that kept me away from the game.

Instead of Cowboys & Indians this week, it's going to be Cowbells & Apaches. :stirpot:

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
but only because they had some good blocking in front of them.

I laughed out loud.

LHPM: Hi :p

Pacdaddy: Still trying to load that photo. I'm not very tech savvy.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 11:32 AM
LH's #22 looks pretty good at running back. Didn't really see nothing else that was a big threat. Saw some of the other backs score some TD's but only because they had some good blocking in front of them.

What else did you see on film? Haven't been able to watch an LH game in the past month, interested to hear what else you think. As for the Apaches, on defense, where are Gonzales' best athletes?

bag-o-chips
11-20-2014, 12:23 PM

That is usually a key to the running game is it not? I could be wrong but I thought blocking went along with it! Must be different in Gonzo town I guess!!:rolleyes:

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 12:38 PM

That's the slot T method I believe.

Cam
11-20-2014, 01:04 PM
I laughed out loud.

LHPM: Hi :p

....man you lawmen!!!...:vrycnfsd:.....here's what I do...hope it makes sense:

1) Download your image to your PC....in "Pictures" or "Documents" or wherever the heck you want...
2) sign up to photobucket.com...it's free!
3) From photobucket, hit "Upload". Find your picture file, click "Choose Photos & Videos" (it's highlighted in blue) Double click the image wherever you saved it on your PC.
4) Once it's downloaded on photobucket, go to the photobucket library. Your image should be there. You will see 4 types of files (EMAIL & IM, DIRECT, HTML, IMG)....
5) Click on the "DIRECT" file. It will highlight in blue. Right click your mouse and hit "Copy"....you are almost there!!!....
6) Go to your Downlow page wherever you want to insert it...Type: then paste your file here........DONE!.....

....if it works for ya....you owe me a free consultation!!.....I have this panfan fella who won't stop bullying me!!....

panfan
11-20-2014, 04:43 PM

Where's the picture, I wanna see it too!

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 04:59 PM
This is the photo he sent me.

Cam
11-20-2014, 05:10 PM

wow!.....I guess it's true then!.....Gonzo is in big trouble now!!.....:vrycnfsd::doh:

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:14 PM
wow!.....I guess it's true then!.....Gonzo is in big trouble now!!.....:vrycnfsd::doh:

lol@Cam. D1 stuff right there.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Indeed.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Looks like my electric men on that old game I use to play. Before "pong" even.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:19 PM

I don't know what you're looking at, but that's a real photo! LH has most definitely moved to a spread offense scheme :hairpunk:

panfan
11-20-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't know what you're looking at, but that's a real photo! LH has most definitely moved to a spread offense scheme :hairpunk:

real photo of a madden version 201x screen!

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:26 PM
real photo of a madden version 201x screen!

Choose to not believe at your own risk!! I just hope, for the Apaches sake, that they've prepared for the new spread attack from the Panthers?

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:30 PM
I'd hate for the Apaches to prepare for the Slot T all week, only to be ambushed on Friday night by the Panthers brand new spread offense.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I'd hate for the Apaches to prepare for the Slot T all week, only to be ambushed on Friday night by the Panthers brand new spread offense.

GZ can hang with them small guys. Bet their quick though.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:36 PM
I heard the LHHS coaches switched to this new spread offense because Gonzales has the Slot T figured out.

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:38 PM
I heard the LHHS coaches switched to this new spread offense because Gonzales has the Slot T figured out.

Where was that photo taken from. That meteorite they just dropped that device on? Kid's are little.

Daddy D 11
11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Where was that photo taken from. That meteorite they just dropped that device on? Kid's are little.

From what I was told, it was taken on LH's practice field this week? But I'm with you, they look awfully small. Looks to me like LH needs to get in the weight room before the game tomorrow.

Cam
11-20-2014, 05:47 PM

I still have all my Tudor electric football men!!....all 28 teams!....Used to paint them whenever they got new uni's!...ya know, had to be official!!....I still remember taking a tiny piece of my momma's flour tortilla dough, mixing it with a little Elmers glue, and making neck rolls for my LB's and linemen...not all of them..just some!!!....I ain't excrementin' ya..TRUE story!..(I was a sick sick child!)....My favorite was the neck roll on my Chicago Bears Dick Butkus........to this day, them neck rolls are still stuck on my little men!!....no wonder flour tortillas are bad for your arteries!....that crap will stick to anything, anywhere, and forever!.....
Anyways, I lost total respect for Anheuser-Busch!!!....that Bud Light commercial where Jimmy Johnson is playing electric football is all wrong!!!....am I the only one who's noticed the players on the field don't even have their bases???......they won't move without their bases dammit!!!.....I was so pissed when I saw that......never again will I drink a Bud Light!...unless of course, it's given to me!!:D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVP8lQX4R3o

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:47 PM
From what I was told, it was taken on LH's practice field this week? But I'm with you, they look awfully small. Looks to me like LH needs to get in the weight room before the game tomorrow.

Can't believe they switched to the spread. But, this photo dern sure proves they are at least practicing with it. You think they will run any of the T still? Man, they were the best at that. Did those 5 guys from the OL graduating early (on Monday) have any effect to switch?

YTBulldogs
11-20-2014, 05:49 PM
I still have all my Tudor electric football men!!....all 28 teams!....Used to paint them whenever they got new uni's!...ya know, had to be official!!....I still remember taking a tiny piece of my momma's flour tortilla dough, mixing it with a little Elmers glue, and making neck rolls for my LB's and linemen...not all of them..just some!!!....I ain't excrementin' ya..TRUE story!..(I was a sick sick child!)....My favorite was the neck roll on my Chicago Bears Dick Butkus........to this day, them neck rolls are still stuck on my little men!!....no wonder flour tortillas are bad for your arteries!....that crap will stick to anything, anywhere, and forever!.....
Anyways, I lost total respect for Anheuser-Busch!!!....that Bud Light commercial where Jimmy Johnson is playing electric football is all wrong!!!....am I the only one who's noticed the players on the field don't even have their bases???......they won't move without their bases dammit!!!.....I was so pissed when I saw that......never again will I drink a Bud Light!...unless of course, it's given to me!!:D

:clap: Another one from the good old days.

Cam
11-20-2014, 05:50 PM

He ain't lyin' Apache fans!....I pass by the stadium every day during practice....footballs were flyin' everywhere!!......

Cam
11-20-2014, 06:07 PM
.....this is all Greendawgs fault!......

pacdaddy
11-20-2014, 06:30 PM

Good try. We will be ready for the slot t. Plus dont forget we are a sread team. So if LH does happen to change to the spread, it will not be a problem because that is nothing new to us. See yall tomorrow night. Good luck to both teams.

1st and goal
11-20-2014, 09:01 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! Don't forget, underneath the bases there were these 2 thin strips of plastic that had to BOTH be slanted slightly to the rear. Don't ask me how I know.

Cam
11-20-2014, 10:01 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! Don't forget, underneath the bases there were these 2 thin strips of plastic that had to BOTH be slanted slightly to the rear. Don't ask me how I know.

you're right!....but remember, there were two strips on each corner of the base for a total of eight strips....least mine were that way......when we were kids, we played a whole league schedule!...Before each game, each "coach" would test their bases and place em' on whatever player they wanted...for some reason, some of them ran straighter than others....you could actually move the thin strips to try and change the bases behavior...sometimes all it did was make em' go in circles!!....I remember one game resulted in a fight between my bud and I....this was the same kid who once tried to light a fart standing up and caught fire!!...I think I've told that story before....anyways, Ruben was gettin' whooped pretty bad by yours truly....and for some strange reason he decided to take one of the players and casually snap it in half!!....I was like, "what did you do that for?".....He laughed, picked up another one and snapped it in half too!!....after that it was on!...I slugged him, he slugged me back....we ended up rolling around on the floor taking shots at one another.....dad walked in and broke it up....Ruben and I stayed mad at each for about a week....all because of electric football!!!......Intense stuff!.....

LV_Bearfan
11-20-2014, 10:13 PM
you're right!....but remember, there were two strips on each corner of the base for a total of eight strips....least mine were that way......when we were kids, we played a whole league schedule!...Before each game, each "coach" would test their bases and place em' on whatever player they wanted...for some reason, some of them ran straighter than others....you could actually move the thin strips to try and change the bases behavior...sometimes all it did was make em' go in circles!!....I remember one game resulted in a fight between my bud and I....this was the same kid who once tried to light a fart standing up and caught fire!!...I think I've told that story before....anyways, Ruben was gettin' whooped pretty bad by yours truly....and for some strange reason he decided to take one of the players and casually snap it in half!!....I was like, "what did you do that for?".....He laughed, picked up another one and snapped it in half too!!....after that it was on!...I slugged him, he slugged me back....we ended up rolling around on the floor taking shots at one another.....dad walked in and broke it up....Ruben and I stayed mad at each for about a week....all because of electric football!!!......Intense stuff!.....

Did you alternate between the slot and the spread to surprise your opponent?

BwdLion73
11-20-2014, 10:19 PM

I always wanted one of them electric football games, but they were too high up on the shelf at Woolworths for me to really get a good look at. Mama told me we could not afford one. I did have a friend who had one. Got to watch him and his friend play once.
:(

Cam
11-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Did you alternate between the slot and the spread to surprise your opponent?

:spitlol:....you gonna piss off the Gonzo folks if you keep this up!!!.....this thread has suddenly been hijacked by the makers of Tudor Electric Football!....http://www.tudorgames.com/

Cam
11-20-2014, 10:32 PM
I always wanted one of them electric football games, but they were too high up on the shelf at Woolworths for me to really get a good look at. Mama told me we could not afford one. I did have a friend who had one. Got to watch him and his friend play once.
:(

Gosh dangit BwdLion73.....that story just about brought a tear to my eye!...:bigcry::bigcry:.......did you at least try breaking any in half??.......I think you need to go out and get ya one!!!...it's never too late!...hey, maybe we can start a league of our own!!!....only let's go with high school teams!!!.....and you can almost be sure that the fastest bases will come from East Texas!!!

http://www.tudorgames.com/

Gontex
11-20-2014, 11:14 PM
Gosh dangit BwdLion73.....that story just about brought a tear to my eye!...:bigcry::bigcry:.......did you at least try breaking any in half??.......I think you need to go out and get ya one!!!...it's never too late!...hey, maybe we can start a league of our own!!!....only let's go with high school teams!!!.....and you can almost be sure that the fastest bases will come from East Texas!!!

Many moons of us, four of us guys from high school had these games and set up a league. We played every Saturday morning. Even built an electric clock into the system between the switch and the board so we could keep up with how much time we played. Had so many coats of paint on my players that it's a wonder any of them could even move with the vibrations.

pacdaddy
11-20-2014, 11:22 PM
After we win tomorrow night, nobody's going to be talking about elelectronic crap!!!! ( Im just mad cuz when I was a kid I never got to get one, but I did get to play with one at my friends house) Lets get back to the football talk at hand. After ttomorrow night im going to see posts about if LH wouldn't have fumbled in this play, or if we just could have had more time, yup that what im going to be seeing on here. Its terrible when a team has to change up what they do best because the opposition has the team figured out. Lol. :)

Cam
11-20-2014, 11:23 PM
Many moons of us, four of us guys from high school had these games and set up a league. We played every Saturday morning. Even built an electric clock into the system between the switch and the board so we could keep up with how much time we played. Had so many coats of paint on my players that it's a wonder any of them could even move with the vibrations.

did you do any flour tortilla dough neck rolls???......I think I'm gonna have to start a thread on this subject.....might be more interesting stories here.....

Leopardfan201
11-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Gonzales is not beating LH only teams to beat LH are LG and Abilene Wylie, and thrs no way Gonzales is close to being that good

Gontex
11-21-2014, 03:41 AM
Gonzales is not beating LH only teams to beat LH are LG and Abilene Wylie, and thrs no way Gonzales is close to being that good

Gonzales hasn't beaten them yet because Gonzales hasn't played them yet. I think that you have no idea how good Gonzales is. May be lots of surprised posters on here about this time tomorrow night.

stardog
11-21-2014, 06:09 AM

buy one in ET and bring it home or would the UIL rule them ineligible

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Gonzales hasn't beaten them yet because Gonzales hasn't played them yet. I think that you have no idea how good Gonzales is. May be lots of surprised posters on here about this time tomorrow night.

Guess we'll see Bout 10 or so this evening who us surprised, who is celebrating, and who is playing round ball in monday.

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Bring it!!!!!!

greendawg84
11-21-2014, 08:39 AM

:spitlol::eek: Now thats the kind of talk we been needing around here !

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:39 AM
did you do any flour tortilla dough neck rolls???......I think I'm gonna have to start a thread on this subject.....might be more interesting stories here.....
Only you......

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:42 AM
:spitlol::eek: Now thats the kind of talk we been needing around here !
This coming from the church mouse......

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:44 AM
Hope you enjoyed that dream last night. Tonight it's time to get a dose of reality. .......LH rolls in to next round.

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:50 AM
After we win tomorrow night, nobody's going to be talking about elelectronic crap!!!! ( Im just mad cuz when I was a kid I never got to get one, but I did get to play with one at my friends house) Lets get back to the football talk at hand. After ttomorrow night im going to see posts about if LH wouldn't have fumbled in this play, or if we just could have had more time, yup that what im going to be seeing on here. Its terrible when a team has to change up what they do best because the opposition has the team figured out. Lol. :)
Won't be no whining cause Apaches aren't the team to hand us a loss right now. Our destiny is to meet Burnet in another round or so. Seen it I'm my tea leaves this morning and the stars last night.

panfan
11-21-2014, 08:54 AM
It's amazing how much you can post sitting in orthodontists waiting room!
Speaking of orthodontists, hope them Apaches got good mouth guards. Smash mouth football coming your way.

greendawg84
11-21-2014, 09:01 AM
This coming from the church mouse......

Sorry man , been real busy this week at work ,for some reason my boss thinks I should do something for my pay ??????

panfan
11-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Sorry man , been real busy this week at work ,for some reason my boss thinks I should do something for my pay ??????

Do we need to circulate a petition and get supporting signatures to demand G-dawg get at least 30 minutes a day of downlow posting time? Cam - get the petition started. Oh wait he's too busy playing vibrating football. :dispntd:

panfan
11-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Gonzo Folks - Ya'll ready for some football? In all seriousness, win or lose, I just want to see the young men on both sides emerge with no injuries and their heads held high. Now back to the smack.

Gontex
11-21-2014, 10:05 AM
Gonzo Folks - Ya'll ready for some football? In all seriousness, win or lose, I just want to see the young men on both sides emerge with no injuries and their heads held high. Now back to the smack.

Amen to that, bro. Definitely don't want anyone to be injured playing a game that is supposed to be fun.

Gontex
11-21-2014, 10:06 AM
It's amazing how much you can post sitting in orthodontists waiting room!
Speaking of orthodontists, hope them Apaches got good mouth guards. Smash mouth football coming your way.

I promise you the Apaches will give as good as they take.

panfan
11-21-2014, 10:35 AM
I promise you the Apaches will give as good as they take.

Oh I don't doubt it. Question is can they sustain it? :thinking: #3 looking forward to meeting your RB and QB up close and personal like:eek:

Gontex
11-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Nice write up about the Panthers in the Gonzales Cannon yesterday. Mentioned your qb, Nick Hernandez, Rbs Shannon, Lindsay, Guerin, and Barnes. Said that Shannon is your main back who will get lots of carries and Lindsay, Hernandez and Barnes. Said you like to run the play action pass when you don't run it. Said your passing is effective because you will run the ball 15 times and then try to slip in the pass. You like to split Shannon out wide to give leverage on the defense when you run your sweep. Said your center and guards are big. In order to win, Apaches must tackle well on first down and not let the panthers convert on third downs. Your drives may be 15-19 plays long with everything going for 3-4 yards. You like to bring six men into the box and then mix zone and man coverage. Leading defensive playmaker is Jacob Covington (Is he #3?). Covington is quick and aggressive and physical. Andy Becker is a solid linebacker.

Cam
11-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Oh I don't doubt it. Question is can they sustain it? :thinking: #3 looking forward to meeting your RB and QB up close and personal like:eek:

#3 is a bully!!......:D

panfan
11-21-2014, 11:18 AM
#3 is a bully!!......:D:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::to ngue:

panfan
11-21-2014, 11:21 AM
#3 is a bully!!......:D

shouldn't you be talking up the Burnet Kingsville game - or is that on page 20 already? :spitlol::spitlol::spitlol: Shoot me a text at the half with a score update.

panfan
11-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Covington (Is he #3?).

Yup!

panfan
11-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Everyone be safe travelling to the game tonight. Might be raining before and during the game.

lbjacj
11-21-2014, 08:35 PM
This is on TV on KBVO Austin!

Tejastrue
11-21-2014, 08:36 PM
KBVO Austin is broadcasting this game on the tube...very nice. Go Panthers! LOL lbjacj...

lbjacj
11-21-2014, 09:05 PM
Streaming also

Watch Liberty hill vs Gonzales here online............
http://kxan.com/live-stream/

44INAROW
11-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Streaming also

Watch Liberty hill vs Gonzales here online............
http://kxan.com/live-stream/

How cool is that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bag-o-chips
11-21-2014, 11:51 PM
Wow no passes for LH. Guess gonzo was not ready for the grandaddy of the slot t huh? 478 yards rushing

panfan
11-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Good tough fought game Gonzales Apaches. Boys showed a lot of fight. Good QB, good speed at the wideouts.

toddg
11-22-2014, 12:43 AM
Good tough fought game Gonzales Apaches. Boys showed a lot of fight. Good QB, good speed at the wideouts. wouldnt expect anything less from the only town to answer Travis's plea at the Alamo!!!

Gontex
11-22-2014, 03:58 AM
Good tough fought game Gonzales Apaches. Boys showed a lot of fight. Good QB, good speed at the wideouts.

Thanks, Panfan. You have kept it classy all week. Congratulations on your victory. I will be torn next week because when we get knocked out of the playoffs, I like to support whoever beat us to continue. Rockport-Fulton was the third place team in our district and I like to support district teams that are still playing as well. RF runs the slot t also. Apaches beat them pretty good, so it should look good for the Panthers to continue through to the regional championship game. Apaches fought to the end and I can't ask for anything more than that. Good luck as you continue in the playoffs. You have a pretty good ball club there.

Gontex
11-22-2014, 04:00 AM
Wow no passes for LH. Guess gonzo was not ready for the grandaddy of the slot t huh? 478 yards rushing

And I guess Navarro wasn't quite ready for the Gobblers either were they?

bag-o-chips
11-22-2014, 06:38 AM
And I guess Navarro wasn't quite ready for the Gobblers either were they?

No we were not but then again I was not on our thread talking smack about stopping Cuero like you guys were talkng how yall figured out the slot t was I ? Congrats on turning things around to have a nice run in distict and the playoffs!

Gontex
11-22-2014, 08:41 AM
No we were not but then again I was not on our thread talking smack about stopping Cuero like you guys were talkng how yall figured out the slot t was I ? Congrats on turning things around to have a nice run in distict and the playoffs!

Nor was I, boc. I don't think I ever posted anything about LH that could be considered disrespectful. Navarro also had a nice run and it looks like things are looking good for the future. Lots of talent returning. The Apaches have some good kids coming back next year as well. I think with the new coach having a year with the kids is going to make a lot of difference in how things play out next year. Don't think they are going to start the year 0-5. Very proud of how the kids turned it around this year.

bag-o-chips
11-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Very true Gontex and my apologies. I was referring to the other poster who put the cart before the horse so to speak. You guys did an outstanding job with a new system this year and i look forward to our game next year.

Daddy D 11
11-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Was glad this game was on TV. Enjoyed watching LH run for 478 yards. On to the next one :smoker:

Good season Gonzales!