PDA

View Full Version : Pick a Fantasy Game

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Forget about regions or divisions for a moment. Which teams this season would you like to see play each other....just because. There's tons of fantasy matchups to choose from. How about the high-scoring offenses of Big Spring and Ranchview? Two different styles of offense, but both can put up the points and would be very exciting.....and offensive, haha. Name a few of your fanstasy matchups.

waterboy
11-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Gilmer vs. Stephenville

or

Gilmer vs. anybody if it's in Jerry World in December!:D

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately, this would be THE year for another Argyle/Gilmer classic. But alas, you Gilmerites had to miss the cut by about 5 students, haha. I think that game would fill most playoff venues for a regional final this season....both teams being highly ranked and undefeated. The game would have some history and be the 4th ??? meeting between the powerhouses, right? YEP, that would be a good-un this season for sure. Gilmer will have Gladewater instead. Then perhaps Celina or Sweetwater. Not an easy task by any means to return to Jerryworld.

Dawgs
11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Gilmer vs. Stephenville

or

Gilmer vs. anybody if it's in Jerry World in December!:D

That would be a big big blowout. Aleast Gilmer plays some defense. 2 good ones would be Gilmer vs AW and Gilmer vs Sota.

waterboy
11-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Unfortunately, this would be THE year for another Argyle/Gilmer classic. But alas, you Gilmerites had to miss the cut by about 5 students, haha. I think that game would fill most playoff venues for a regional final this season....both teams being highly ranked and undefeated. The game would have some history and be the 4th ??? meeting between the powerhouses, right? YEP, that would be a good-un this season for sure. Gilmer will have Gladewater instead. Then perhaps Celina or Sweetwater. Not an easy task by any means to return to Jerryworld.

We've actually met 4 times, with y'all winning three of them. I must say I am gonna miss our matchups in the playoffs. That's one game that is usually up in the air about who will win, and every year is a little bit different. Heck, I miss the old District of Doom. I guess that makes me kinda crazy, huh, having games that you really don't know how you stack up.

I picked Stephenville because we've never played them, and I'd just like to see it. I know the 'Jackets are a little down by their standards this year, but most years they are one of the teams to beat. These two offenses can put up some points, that's for sure.

waterboy
11-14-2014, 02:29 PM
That would be a big big blowout. Aleast Gilmer plays some defense. 2 good ones would be Gilmer vs AW and Gilmer vs Sota.

We've met both of those teams twice before. We're 2-0 against AW, and 1-1 against 'Sota. That last meeting with 'Sota still stings. They absolutely spanked us. That left a mark.:D

I'd love to have another shot at 'em, though!:mad::D