PDA

View Full Version : Gilmer High School Football Players to be Selected for U.S. Army All-American Bowl

buckeyebob
11-14-2014, 08:17 AM
The 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Tour will visit Gilmer High School on Friday, Nov. 14 to select two football players for the 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Defensive back Kris Boyd and wide receiver Blake Lynch will be honored before their teammates, classmates, fans and family during a special recognition event in the in the school’s field house.

Five U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Tour teams are traveling a combined 30,000 miles across the country from late September to mid-December to announce all 90 players and 125 marching band members invited to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, which will be held Jan. 3, 2015 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

By becoming a U.S. Army All-American, Boyd and Lynch join an elite group. Players are chosen not only because they excel on the football field, but because they possess the strengths similar to our Army Soldiers of mental, emotional and physical toughness.

Television/Online: The 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl will be televised live on NBC from the Alamodome on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015, at 1 p.m. EST

The Gilmer Mirror

hollywood
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
The 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Tour will visit Gilmer High School on Friday, Nov. 14 to select two football players for the 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl.

Defensive back Kris Boyd and wide receiver Blake Lynch will be honored before their teammates, classmates, fans and family during a special recognition event in the in the school’s field house.

Five U.S. Army All-American Bowl Selection Tour teams are traveling a combined 30,000 miles across the country from late September to mid-December to announce all 90 players and 125 marching band members invited to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, which will be held Jan. 3, 2015 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

By becoming a U.S. Army All-American, Boyd and Lynch join an elite group. Players are chosen not only because they excel on the football field, but because they possess the strengths similar to our Army Soldiers of mental, emotional and physical toughness.

Television/Online: The 2015 U.S. Army All-American Bowl will be televised live on NBC from the Alamodome on Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015, at 1 p.m. EST

The Gilmer Mirror

Congrats to those young men! Well deserved.

Stephenville's Stidham will be throwing to Lynch. ;)

waterboy
11-14-2014, 10:31 AM
Boyd and Lynch are special players. I wish them the best at the next level. There's still business at hand right now, though. Let's finish this season with a win.

poisoned10
11-14-2014, 12:58 PM
Seems like I remember hearing that when Justin Johnson and David Snow were selected that it was the first time 2 players from the same team selected.

So has it now happened only 2 times and both times been Gilmer players?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Seems like I remember hearing that when Justin Johnson and David Snow were selected that it was the first time 2 players from the same team selected.

So has it now happened only 2 times and both times been Gilmer players?

Snow & Curtis Brown were the twins...Gus was later.

poisoned10
11-15-2014, 10:53 AM
Snow & Curtis Brown were the twins...Gus was later.

I thought it was Snow and Brown too that went together. But I looked up the rosters from 2003-2008 and Justin Johnson and David Snow went together.

poisoned10
11-15-2014, 10:55 AM
Here is the link to the 2008 Army All-American Bowl roster.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=746936

buckeyebob
11-15-2014, 05:37 PM
My bad...Snow & Gus in '08...Brown in '07...all this time I have been wrong...please do not tell my wife.

poisoned10
11-15-2014, 05:39 PM
My bad...Snow & Gus in '08...Brown in '07...all this time I have been wrong...please do not tell my wife.

And it was Justin, not Gus.

buckeyebob
11-15-2014, 09:51 PM
And it was Justin, not Gus.

I'm leaving it alone...can't get 'er right....what did happen to Justin?

poisoned10
11-16-2014, 02:24 AM
He left Oklahoma and went to Lamar and Abilene Christian if I recall correctly.

He is still playing football. I'm just not sure where and what league.