PDA

View Full Version : To the Bus Drivers.....

Bullaholic
11-12-2014, 10:44 AM
I was following our busses back from the game Friday night---it was dark and late, and we were 109 miles away, and the thought again occurred to me as it has so many times---what a tremendous responsibility and great skill that these coaches, teachers, and commercial drivers have in getting our kids to school functions on time safely all during the year. The passengers they carry are the most precious things in our society---our kids---and if they make one mistake resulting in injury, or make a serious error in discipline---have something happen that is someone else's fault, or God forbid--their fault---they will carry the memory and pain with them for the rest of their lives. So, here's hats off to the bus and van drivers of our kids---they are very special folks who do a big job thousands of times a year throughout this great big state with very few incidents.

GrTigers6
11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
I was following our busses back from the game Friday night---it was dark and late, and we were 109 miles away, and the thought again occurred to me as it has so many times---what a tremendous responsibility and great skill that these coaches, teachers, and commercial drivers have in getting our kids to school functions on time safely all during the year. The passengers they carry are the most precious things in our society---our kids---and if they make one mistake resulting in injury, or make a serious error in discipline---have something happen that is someone else's fault, or God forbid--their fault---they will carry the memory and pain with them for the rest of their lives. So, here's hats off to the bus and van drivers of our kids---they are very special folks who do a big job thousands of times a year throughout this great big state with very few incidents.They need to dedicate a day for 'Bus Drivers Day" LOL They wanted me to do it in fact I went through the training and took the test just having done the driving portion because I just don't have the time to drive a bus. My hats of to them as well

Ragin Red
11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
I was following our busses back from the game Friday night---it was dark and late, and we were 109 miles away, and the thought again occurred to me as it has so many times---what a tremendous responsibility and great skill that these coaches, teachers, and commercial drivers have in getting our kids to school functions on time safely all during the year. The passengers they carry are the most precious things in our society---our kids---and if they make one mistake resulting in injury, or make a serious error in discipline---have something happen that is someone else's fault, or God forbid--their fault---they will carry the memory and pain with them for the rest of their lives. So, here's hats off to the bus and van drivers of our kids---they are very special folks who do a big job thousands of times a year throughout this great big state with very few incidents.

Totally agree the most underrated people who deserve a lot of praise

GrTigers6
11-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Totally agree the most underrated people who deserve a lot of praise
and a lot more money. One of the other factors in my decision. For the responsibility that they have and the cargo they carry they should be paid accordingly. If so there wouldn't be a shortage

Cam
11-12-2014, 02:34 PM

:2thumbsup...Nice post Bull!....gotta give them lots of credit for sure....I normally follow the bus back home "just in case" anything happens.....I usually try and stay far enough behind the bus to try and keep other cars from tailgating them..especially on single lane highways/roads...ya know, I try and create a cushion for em...if the impatient ones want to, they can tailgate me......It can get somewhat stressful especially on some of those country roads we now take coming back from Waco.....After one game this season the rains caught us pretty bad at night on Hwy 116 just south of Gatesville....that was some scary low visibility driving for sure!!...Not really many places to pull over in some areas.....the bus driver just kept his slow pace and lead the way.......Hats off to them men/women behind the wheel...

coach
11-12-2014, 02:40 PM
I am taking my CDL test this week and I am scared Sh!tless!

Cam
11-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I am taking my CDL test this week and I am scared Sh!tless!

Liberty Hill always needs drivers!!....panfan scares em' all away!!!......

bird_fan
11-12-2014, 03:08 PM
they are unsung heros!!!

lv2937
11-12-2014, 05:05 PM
I had cdl for over 40 years. Didn't renew them last month. I've driven everything except a bus. Hats off to them. I wouldn't do it.

toddg
11-12-2014, 05:17 PM
i know Coach Dixon regularly drives one of the team buses

Pudlugger
11-12-2014, 06:33 PM
Coming home from the La Grange Carthage Semi-Final in 2009 from Midlothian we were all in two chartered buses. Just South of Cameron on HWY 77 at about midnight a drunk illegal in a Chevy pickup was driving the wrong way. Our driver saw him in time to swerve and break to the right so the moron hit us on the right side by the engine air intake grill on the back end and bounced off to hit the other bus just behind us head on. Only some minor injuries luckily. We had to stay and give our names and id info to the para medics for a couple of hours then we all piled into the team and band buses. Everyone was very grateful for the skill of our driver that night.

slingshot
11-12-2014, 08:29 PM
The is a special place in heaven for good school bus drivers...