PDA

View Full Version : Which East Texas team has more speed this year Gilmer or Tyler Chapel Hill?

Sweetwater Red
11-11-2014, 04:40 PM
Just wondering how fans that might have seen both teams play would compare the two.

poisoned10
11-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Just curious, why did you chose Gilmer and Chapel Hill?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 05:48 PM
Navasota... Is that far enough east?

lostaussie
11-11-2014, 08:48 PM
Haven't seen TCH. But Gilmer has the quickest team top to bottom I have ever seen. We aren't the biggest or the strongest......but them boys is hard to catch. Hopefully everyone will get a chance to see.

Lion70
11-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Henderson got more speed than Chapel hill so there that. Out of the two I go with Gilmer based on rep.

waterboy
11-12-2014, 10:59 AM
Kris Boyd - 4.37 40
Chase Tate - 4.4 40
Blake Lynch - 4.4 40

...and there's several more on the Buckeyes that run 4.5s in the 40...

I don't know if they're the fastest, but as a group they are as fast as I've seen.

Sweetwater Red
11-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Just curious, why did you chose Gilmer and Chapel Hill?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I did for a couple of reasons. These two teams have always seemed to come up when
talking about overall team speed in the years I have been on this board. Also,
Sweetwater played both in the state 7 on 7 tournament earlier this year and kept it
respectable. Sweetwater finished second to Gilmer in pool play after losing 36-20
and beating Cuero and Boerne. They lost their first game in the championship
bracket to TCH 39-33.

One of the things the players and our HC said before and after the tournament
was how the whole experience was a great opportunity to see (real) speed that
other teams possess. One of our players quickly corrected himself and said we
think we are fast too but....(lol).

Make no mistake. the entire state knows how good Gilmer is. I mean there is a
reason the Buckeyes are favored by 14 to 40 points in every one of their playoff
games including the SC. I was just curious to find out how both teams 7 on 7
speed translated to the football field and whether their was much difference
if any between the two teams.

Snotbubbles
11-13-2014, 09:52 AM
Haven't seen TCH. But Gilmer has the quickest team top to bottom I have ever seen. We aren't the biggest or the strongest......but them boys is hard to catch. Hopefully everyone will get a chance to see.

:doh: Your schedule is about to pay off in a couple weeks I predict. Missy had a tough time catching the boy's huh?

Snotbubbles
11-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Digging deeper, I think Houston Scarborough goes 6-4 against Gilmer's opponents this year. :1popcorn:

waterboy
11-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Bubbles..., your hatred is showing through. Which team do you support, and how bad did they get beat by us?

caleb_mccaig
11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
I hate the speed comparison. Obviously speed matters somewhat in football, but it doesn't measure success whatsoever when it comes against well coached and disciplined players.

Snotbubbles
11-13-2014, 11:32 AM
Bubbles..., your hatred is showing through. Which team do you support, and how bad did they get beat by us?

Has nothing to do with my team. Which, has never has the pleasure to play you. More to do with, Gilmer always mouthing off before they done anything. Granted, you often back it up, but--in the past you usually done something in your pre-playoff schedule to warrant all the hype.

waterboy
11-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Has nothing to do with my team. Which, has never has the pleasure to play you. More to do with, Gilmer always mouthing off before they done anything. Granted, you often back it up, but--in the past you usually done something in your pre-playoff schedule to warrant all the hype.

Who knew when we picked L-E (who has always played us tough), Tatum (who always has speed and discipline, and was supposed to go deep into the playoffs this year), Daingerfield (a 5-time state champion), and Carthage ( a 4-time state champion, including last year) were ALL going to be down this much this year? Pine Tree was a last minute fill-in, I'll give you that one. We actually thought we would be challenged in pre-district. We knew the district the UIL put us in would not help us, but you play the schedule you're given.

As a Buckeye fan, I like what I've seen thus far this year with this team. I think they have a good chance. The only concern is that they really haven't been tested, and we don't know how they will respond to a challenge as of yet. I "think" they will be fine judging by the way they have put teams away early in every game save one. We will see how it goes, and if I had to guess, I think they will respond very well. Nothing is a sure thing once you get to playing really good teams. We've been there, done that.

cowboyandchrist
11-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Tatum and Atlanta can run with anybody in 4a. What gilmer has is several D1 kids, that is the difference. For what it is worth, coach S at Carthage said Chapel Hill was the fastest team they played.

waterboy
11-13-2014, 01:39 PM
Tatum and Atlanta can run with anybody in 4a. What gilmer has is several D1 kids, that is the difference. For what it is worth, coach S at Carthage said Chapel Hill was the fastest team they played.

I haven't gotten to see Chapel Hill play this year, but I'll take Scott's word for it. I do think Gilmer has the fastest player, just maybe not as many fast players as a team, maybe. It doesn't really matter, though. Execution and defense is what will keep you playing late in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
11-13-2014, 04:58 PM
I did for a couple of reasons. These two teams have always seemed to come up when
talking about overall team speed in the years I have been on this board. Also,
Sweetwater played both in the state 7 on 7 tournament earlier this year and kept it
respectable. Sweetwater finished second to Gilmer in pool play after losing 36-20
and beating Cuero and Boerne. They lost their first game in the championship
bracket to TCH 39-33.

One of the things the players and our HC said before and after the tournament
was how the whole experience was a great opportunity to see (real) speed that
other teams possess. One of our players quickly corrected himself and said we
think we are fast too but....(lol).

Make no mistake. the entire state knows how good Gilmer is. I mean there is a
reason the Buckeyes are favored by 14 to 40 points in every one of their playoff
games including the SC. I was just curious to find out how both teams 7 on 7
speed translated to the football field and whether their was much difference
if any between the two teams.

MoJo on Chapel Hill...they just can't seem to get it done

Chillfan
11-14-2014, 02:13 PM
I would say Gilmer has the fastest TEAM speed. CH has a few kids that can run. The fastest kid i have seen this year come from Tatum. None of our boys could keep up.

waterboy
11-14-2014, 02:33 PM
I would say Gilmer has the fastest TEAM speed. CH has a few kids that can run. The fastest kid i have seen this year come from Tatum. None of our boys could keep up.

Wow! Who was he? We had a couple of players that outran all of the Tatum defensive players, and they never broke a long one on offense against us. That kinda surprises me, to be honest.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2014, 02:40 PM
Hands down Chilton and Mart.

Chillfan
11-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Wow! Who was he? We had a couple of players that outran all of the Tatum defensive players, and they never broke a long one on offense against us. That kinda surprises me, to be honest.

I believe he was #6. Broke on the outside one time and returned a kickoff. Flat out fly