PDA

View Full Version : Dave Campbell 4A D1 predictions

sk1
11-10-2014, 07:17 PM
4A D1 projection from Dave Campbell website. Wow!
I am sure you guys from Navasota will have something to say about this.
Go Ricebirds!

http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/GT4ADI.pdf

LV_Bearfan
11-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Wow. Just wow. Never woulda seen that coming.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 08:26 PM
Go Ricebirds!

See ya in 2 weeks.

sk1
11-10-2014, 08:32 PM
See ya in 2 weeks.

Oh yea! See ya then!

Leopardfan201
11-10-2014, 08:33 PM
Wow el campo over Navasota..... kind of agree bcs Navasota played a weak schedule

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Wow el campo over Navasota..... kind of agree bcs Navasota played a weak schedule

They said the same thing in 2012. Too much football to be played .. to be continued.

Weebe
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
if El Campo beats Navasota(big if), they aren't losing to La Vernia.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 08:41 PM

I agree. Whoever stops Navasota's offense, will deserve the title. This offense is as impressive as 2012's. Defense is solid too. Remember, we easily put up 65 on Sealy.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Oh yea! See ya then!

It's just a "prediction". Try not to get too excited.

Rocket Man
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Go Ricebirds!

Those are Tepper's pick, so............just saying

LV_Bearfan
11-10-2014, 09:11 PM

El Campo won't even get close enough to sniff Navasota's jock, so no worries there. ;)

montyhp
11-10-2014, 09:16 PM
We'll see if el campo makes it that far

bird_fan
11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
I think any team that beats Navasota will be favored to get to the finals and win it. The Rattlers really have it going

Weebe
11-10-2014, 10:13 PM
El Campo won't even get close enough to sniff Navasota's jock, so no worries there. ;)

Certainly wouldnt be favored. Have to make it past round 2 first.

hollywood
11-10-2014, 11:07 PM
The beauty in these "projections" is there is always an upset along the way. If Argyle is picked to win the SC in Div 1, there are several other teams just as strong that could. They aren't dominating like last year. Another thing to note... Big Spring is picked over Stephenville... Stidham might be back by then and no way they beat Stephenville if he's back and the Jackets are still in it. JMO

Dawgs
11-10-2014, 11:26 PM
The beauty in these "projections" is there is always an upset along the way. If Argyle is picked to win the SC in Div 1, there are several other teams just as strong that could. They aren't dominating like last year. Another thing to note... Big Spring is picked over Stephenville... Stidham might be back by then and no way they beat Stephenville if he's back and the Jackets are still in it. JMO

Why wouldn't Big Spring beat Ville? Stidham doesn't play defense. You Ville guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. Y'all have way to many holes to be considered top tier team. Y'all have not beat 1 good team this year, not 1.

the Ville 89
11-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Why wouldn't Big Spring beat Ville? Stidham doesn't play defense. You Ville guys need to wake up and smell the coffee. Y'all have way to many holes to be considered top tier team. Y'all have not beat 1 good team this year, not 1.

Fortunately that is just your opinion and thank God for that.

jason
11-11-2014, 09:14 AM
They beat the Alaska Big School state champions!!

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Fortunately that is just your opinion and thank God for that.

Yes thank god for that. GO JACKETS!

hollywood
11-11-2014, 12:02 PM

Easy to judge from afar isn't it Dawgs? The same can be asked about Carthage this season. No one is saying Stephenville is going to win state or even get out of Region 1 this season. My point was that this team would have a much greater chance if Stidham is on the field. He's the team leader, a true talent and nationally ranked player. Since you really don't know, I'll feel you in. When he's on the field, the offense clicks like a machine. He's earned the right to call the hurry-up offense when the opportunity is there. Stephenville doesn't have very many 3 and outs or 4 and outs when he's on the field. In other words.... the Jackets don't punt the ball very often when he's at the helm. Stephenville's drives stalled numerous times against Big Spring and Wylie. If Stidham's in the game, you can guarantee a different out come and not saying that Stephenville would have won either of those games but a defeat would have been a lot more threatening to the Big Spring and Wylie teams.

coach
11-11-2014, 12:25 PM
does he have D2 posted?

sk1
11-11-2014, 01:02 PM
does he have D2 posted?

Here is the link to all the Dave Campbell picks

http://www.texasfootball.com/playoffs/

Jacket97
11-11-2014, 03:25 PM

I agree....how awesome it would be for the Ville to get revenge on Big Spring and Wylie with a healthy Stidham. But he has to get healthy first and S'ville has to win the first two rounds of the playoffs first. Would be worth the price of admission if happens though.

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
I agree....how awesome it would be for the Ville to get revenge on Big Spring and Wylie with a healthy Stidham. But he has to get healthy first and S'ville has to win the first two rounds of the playoffs first. Would be worth the price of admission if happens though.

I just don't see the Jackets letting three in a row get away from them. 2 was bad enough, but especially with the season on the line. Every team is hungry and wants this. I love this time of year. GO JACKETS!!!!

Jacket97
11-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Come time for round 3 and we will see. S'ville has to win the next two games before then and so does Big Spring. If they do meet up S'ville with a healthy Stidham and KW Stephenville wins...without them they don't. S'ville has to have both of them healthy. But yes; Stephenville would win.

And what you are saying is that we have not beat 1 good team this season; yet your team was only able to pull out a 7 point victory going against our back up QB. S'ville defense is weak though this past week we all saw them play with a lot of heart vs Wylie. S'ville has to score points to win; no doubt. But they can't do that without a healthy Stidham and KW...unless they are playing a even weaker defense like Big Springs. First two rounds of the playoffs will be tough for our offense because our "D" will not pitch shutouts. They will have to score points some way some how and I think they will. If that happens and the S'ville boys get their leader back..watch out bc they could put together another run that will get them to the semi-finals again.

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Come time for round 3 and we will see. S'ville has to win the next two games before then and so does Big Spring. If they do meet up S'ville with a healthy Stidham and KW Stephenville wins...without them they don't. S'ville has to have both of them healthy. But yes; Stephenville would win.

And what you are saying is that we have not beat 1 good team this season; yet your team was only able to pull out a 7 point victory going against our back up QB. S'ville defense is weak though this past week we all saw them play with a lot of heart vs Wylie. S'ville has to score points to win; no doubt. But they can't do that without a healthy Stidham and KW...unless they are playing a even weaker defense like Big Springs. First two rounds of the playoffs will be tough for our offense because our "D" will not pitch shutouts. They will have to score points some way some how and I think they will. If that happens and the S'ville boys get their leader back..watch out bc they could put together another run that will get them to the semi-finals again.

Lol I love seeing people on forums guarantee a win. Not saying it won't happen though.

oldtownag
11-11-2014, 03:59 PM
Carthage might have something to say about an El Campo / Navasoto matchup. Im just saying.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Carthage might have something to say about an El Campo / Navasoto matchup. Im just saying.

Navasota

Cactus Thomas
11-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Remember when Dave Campbell had credibility? Are they even paying attention anymore? This bracket looks like a coin-toss job.

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2014, 04:47 PM
Remember when Dave Campbell had credibility? Are they even paying attention anymore? This bracket looks like a coin-toss job.

The job of the High school football playoff pick-em is equivalent to that of Todd McShay or Mel Kiper as NFL draft analysts. They can literally say whatever they want to and if they aren't right then they can just blame the individual/team for not doing something right.

Dawgs
11-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Easy to judge from afar isn't it Dawgs? The same can be asked about Carthage this season. No one is saying Stephenville is going to win state or even get out of Region 1 this season. My point was that this team would have a much greater chance if Stidham is on the field. He's the team leader, a true talent and nationally ranked player. Since you really don't know, I'll feel you in. When he's on the field, the offense clicks like a machine. He's earned the right to call the hurry-up offense when the opportunity is there. Stephenville doesn't have very many 3 and outs or 4 and outs when he's on the field. In other words.... the Jackets don't punt the ball very often when he's at the helm. Stephenville's drives stalled numerous times against Big Spring and Wylie. If Stidham's in the game, you can guarantee a different out come and not saying that Stephenville would have won either of those games but a defeat would have been a lot more threatening to the Big Spring and Wylie teams.

People in Carthage woke up and smelled the coffee before district started. Honestly I wouldn't say Carthage beat any good teams this season. You could say Chapel Hill, but IMO they aren't any good. We beat a beat up Kilgore team. I'm just saying that all the Ville posters have delusions of grandeur when it comes to the Jackets. This year I haven't seen anything from stats or quailiry wins to put Ville in the top tier of 4a D1. Good thing is everything can be proven in the coming weeks. We will see what happens.

Cam
11-11-2014, 05:29 PM
The job of the High school football playoff pick-em is equivalent to that of Todd McShay or Mel Kiper as NFL draft analysts. They can literally say whatever they want to and if they aren't right then they can just blame the individual/team for not doing something right.

....or they can blame Greendawg!!......:D