PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on this weeks Region3 games

Matthew328
11-17-2003, 10:36 AM
Division I

Waco Connally (10-1) vs Jasper (10-1)
Winner of this game takes the region...Jasper has the edge in experience....but Connally is a team that can give the Dawgs some problems...Torian Williams is a double threat running and recieving and the Cadets have a great QB....but can Connally slow down Marlon Cook?? I'll take Jasper in a barn burner...Jasper by 5

Barbers Hill (9-2) vs Manor (9-2)
Manor really impressed me by dominating Navasota..the Mustangs are for real...BH has quietly but together another really strong year...but I think Manor has too much speed for the Eagles to overcome..Manor by 11..

Division II

China Spring (9-2) vs Diboll (8-3)
Really good matchup here..almost a home game for CS....both teams recorded shut outs in bi-district..the Cougars D has really stepped up..Diboll is a seasoned bunch who got through a VERY tough 20-3A schedule...funny China Spring also plays in a tough district..these 2 are about as evenly matched as it gets...I'm gonna take the Lumberjacks by 1..

Huffman (8-3) vs Bellville (11-0)
This one gets ugly...Bellville is just too tough for Huffman to handle...Bellville by 28..

Marlin (7-4) vs Newton (10-1)
Can the Bulldogs continue their dominance over Newton?? Last year's game was a good one with Marlin pulling away late..Newton looks to be improved this year..Marlin is healthy and breating fire though...Marlin by 13 the hex continues..

Orangefield (8-3) vs LaGrange (8-3)
Orangefield stunned 10-0 Liberty in Round 1..can they pull another upset over LaGrange? I don't think so..LG beat a very solid Sealy squad at home last week and I see the Leps facing Marlin in the regional semis..LaGrange by 10...

southern_thunder
11-17-2003, 11:28 AM
Hey Matt, why you changing your mind about Jasper beating Connally Jasper had less than a stellar performance against an average Mexia team>

JasperDog94
11-17-2003, 11:32 AM
southern_thunder:
Hey Matt, why you changing your mind about Jasper beating Connally Jasper had less than a stellar performance against an average Mexia team>I was thinking the same thing...

Matthew328
11-17-2003, 12:04 PM
I've always thought Jasper would beat Connally....BUT Connally is very good and a win over Jasper wouldn't surprise me at all..

Bellville22
11-17-2003, 01:28 PM
Matthew328
[QB]

This one gets ugly...Bellville is just too tough for Huffman to handle...Bellville by 28..

Can the Bulldogs continue their dominance over Newton?? Last year's game was a good one with Marlin pulling away late..Newton looks to be improved this year..Marlin is healthy and breating fire though...Marlin by 13 the hex continues..

QB]Two pretty bold picks right there, I like it. I think Marlin will win, but not sure I'll be picking them by 13.

And am I the only one who thinks Huffman has "sleeper" written all over them? Maybe I'm just freakin out since I won't be there. I just think Crew and the Huffman offense may have some success against the Bellville D, although they've been as good as any lately. I think Bellville has seen a better runner than Crew when they faced Charles Huffman from Rice, but I'm not sure they've seen the same type of runner. C. Huffman was tough on them, how will Crew do? Don't think the Bulls get upset in this one, the offense is rolling, and I hear the Falcon's D isn't that great, I just think this one might be a bit closer than people are saying.

RBARKER
11-17-2003, 04:56 PM
Bellville22:

Matthew328
[QB]

QB]Two pretty bold picks right there, I like it. I think Marlin will win, but not sure I'll be picking them by 13.

And am I the only one who thinks Huffman has "sleeper" written all over them? Maybe I'm just freakin out since I won't be there. I just think Crew and the Huffman offense may have some success against the Bellville D, although they've been as good as any lately. I think Bellville has seen a better runner than Crew when they faced Charles Huffman from Rice, but I'm not sure they've seen the same type of runner. C. Huffman was tough on them, how will Crew do? Don't think the Bulls get upset in this one, the offense is rolling, and I hear the Falcon's D isn't that great, I just think this one might be a bit closer than people are saying.Crew's success Relys on bellvilles answer to Huffmans two big Offensive Lineman (6'6 300pds and 6'5 290 pds) these two do the blocking for Crew and open big holes for hime to run through. Also Crew is a big guy and runns over linbackers but Bellviles D will wear him down and Huffman doesn't have an answer to Bellville's high powered offense. Crew will get his yards but they will not be enough to win the game.