PDA

View Full Version : Bellville (9-1) vs. Smithville (2-8), November 14th @ 7:30PM in College Station

whitelightning5
11-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Someone had to do it.

Who ya got?

Leopardfan201
11-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Bellville by 49

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 01:18 PM
This will be over before halftime. Brahmas roll.

Truthful Tiger
11-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Bellville will put up Navasota type numbers.

OLE'BULL
11-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Just hoping to stay injury free. It will not be any easy road for the Brahmas starting Rd. 2, assuming we beat Smithville of course.

Global Swarming
11-11-2014, 09:45 AM
How do you even get excited about being in the playoffs with a 2-8 record. I think taking 4 teams from each district is a joke. I know why they do it but some of these teams couldn't beat a junior high team. But I guess that they can say that they made the playoffs even if they have no business being there.

OLE'BULL
11-11-2014, 10:32 AM
How do you even get excited about being in the playoffs with a 2-8 record. I think taking 4 teams from each district is a joke. I know why they do it but some of these teams couldn't beat a junior high team. But I guess that they can say that they made the playoffs even if they have no business being there.

Its not as bad as Houston Scarborough (sp) making the playoffs. They were 0-10. No wins. Zero. They are 92 point underdogs...

Global Swarming
11-11-2014, 10:38 AM
How do you make the playoffs not winning a game all year? We're there only 4 teams in the district?

44INAROW
11-11-2014, 10:41 AM
? We're there only 4 teams in the district?

Winner, Winner - chicken dinner............

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 10:51 AM
How do you make the playoffs not winning a game all year? We're there only 4 teams in the district?

Yes. After UIL made their reallignment, Houston Jones dropped all sports.

The Bull #40
11-11-2014, 01:04 PM
I think the Brahmas roll in this one, I'm not sure if that's a good thing though. We had our bye week last week, when does Rowe pull the starters? I would think he would leave them in most of the game just to get them ready for next week?

Pudlugger
11-11-2014, 01:59 PM
I think the Brahmas roll in this one, I'm not sure if that's a good thing though. We had our bye week last week, when does Rowe pull the starters? I would think he would leave them in most of the game just to get them ready for next week?
This is a good point Bull#40. Smithville is way outmatched here. They are small and really lacking in the skill positions. Bellville will just roll over them. Problem is the next week they most likely face Hardin-Jefferson, a smashmouth no holds barred football team with a 9-1 (10-1 by then) record. Talk about a wake up call! I'm also concerned about the Leps although Columbus is a much better team than Smithville. The Leps would face either Kashmere or Orangefield in Rd2. From what I know of Orangefield is that they play hardnosed tough football. I don't like bye weeks before big games or easy games before tough games.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 02:21 PM
This is a good point Bull#40. Smithville is way outmatched here. They are small and really lacking in the skill positions. Bellville will just roll over them. Problem is the next week they most likely face Hardin-Jefferson, a smashmouth no holds barred football team with a 9-1 (10-1 by then) record. Talk about a wake up call! I'm also concerned about the Leps although Columbus is a much better team than Smithville. The Leps would face either Kashmere or Orangefield in Rd2. From what I know of Orangefield is that they play hardnosed tough football. I don't like bye weeks before big games or easy games before tough games.

La Grange won't be tested until the 3rd round.

The Bull #40
11-11-2014, 02:35 PM

I think LG should make it to the third round without too much trouble (and hopefully will meet the Brahmas there!). I have heard Hardin Jefferson is a solid football team though so I think it'll take Bellville's best game to get to the third round this year, unless of course HJ gets upset in the first round which I don't think is likely.

Pudlugger
11-11-2014, 05:55 PM
I think LG should make it to the third round without too much trouble (and hopefully will meet the Brahmas there!). I have heard Hardin Jefferson is a solid football team though so I think it'll take Bellville's best game to get to the third round this year, unless of course HJ gets upset in the first round which I don't think is likely.

I think Bellville would win the HJ match by a td or two. Judging from how WOS rolled them the Brahmas should be the favorites in that match up. If the Leopards meet the Brahmas in the third round it would be epic just like old times with a take no prisoners, kick a$$ and take names kind of football game. Our last meeting was 2011 when you guys donkey stomped us 48-3.:o

jrhernandez7
11-11-2014, 06:29 PM
all I want to say is...
Bellville, don't be the district Champion who gets upset by a 4 seed. We all know its going to happen in at least 1 game in the bracket, just not which one yet.
So.. take the week off, rest your star players, and Start preparing for round 2. Don't even give us a chance, because that's what the Tigers want.

We're over matched, and under maned. Smithville wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Pudlugger
11-11-2014, 07:20 PM
all I want to say is...
Bellville, don't be the district Champion who gets upset by a 4 seed. We all know its going to happen in at least 1 game in the bracket, just not which one yet.
So.. take the week off, rest your star players, and Start preparing for round 2. Don't even give us a chance, because that's what the Tigers want. We're over matched, and under maned. Smithville wouldn't want to have it any other way.

Dang jrhernandez7 it took 'til now to smoke you out? Good for the Tigers give it your best shot man.

BB BULLS
11-12-2014, 08:44 AM
all I want to say is...
So.. take the week off, rest your star players, and Start preparing for round 2. Don't even give us a chance, because that's what the Tigers want.

We're over matched, and under maned. Smithville wouldn't want to have it any other way.

i can promise you after last year the Brahmas are not over looking any one. lets just have an injury free game and have fun doing it, after all its just a game. for some of these young men on both teams it could be the last time they strap on helmet, lets have respect for one another and enjoy the Friday night lights. it is gonna be good football weather this weekend.

duckhunter
11-12-2014, 09:53 AM
all I want to say is...

Smithville won't score a touchdown unless it comes in the last quarter against Bellville's JV players.

OldBison75
11-12-2014, 10:45 AM
Bellville will roll in this game. The offense will put up 300 yards rushing and the starting defense will pitch a shutout. Smithville will score late against the backups, but it will not change the outcome at all. Bellville 56 Smithville 7

ogg
11-12-2014, 11:45 AM
One day, one day Smithville will bring a very good team to the playoffs, , , ,but this isn't the year. Bellville wins big.

Scoop27
11-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Webcast
http://www.bellvillesports.com/

PappaFeelGood
11-13-2014, 12:04 PM

:iagree:

OLE'BULL
11-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Send off at the square here in Bellville in about an hour! I am guessing Bellville wins pretty convincingly tonight. The question is, when to take out your starters? WOS had theirs out pretty early last night from what I heard. After having an off week last week, Bellville should give the starters at least 3 quarters of playing time. Doesn't have to be in a row, but we need to stay in game shape in order to have the burst when needed down the road.

buff4ever
11-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Smithville scored early and kept this game close, that is surprising. Bellville must have felt this game want worth their time, they almost became a bad stat.

duckhunter
11-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Smithville scored early and kept this game close, that is surprising. Bellville must have felt this game want worth their time, they almost became a bad stat.

Turnovers kept the score from uglier than what it was. Granted I felt Smithville had the momentum going into halftime. Bellville looked very flat in the first half. Second they looked a little better. Next week the receivers need to haul in the Zapalac passes that were dropped or bellville might be going home. Should have had at least one td possibly two tonight which dropped passes negated

BB BULLS
11-15-2014, 08:57 AM
Turnovers kept the score from uglier than what it was. Granted I felt Smithville had the momentum going into halftime. Bellville looked very flat in the first half. Second they looked a little better. Next week the receivers need to haul in the Zapalac passes that were dropped or bellville might be going home. Should have had at least one td possibly two tonight which dropped passes negated

this was not the same football team I watched the last 7 games. and you are right if they play like they did last against HJ we will be done. don't know what the problem was looked like they was all sleep walking. Rowe better wake them up if he wants to move on.

OLE'BULL
11-15-2014, 09:38 AM
Ouch. While I knew we would end up winning, that wasn't the way I was looking to do it in the first round against a 2-8, last place in their district team. Flat describes the first half. Turnovers were too common. AND if we don't find somebody who can catch a perfectly thrown ball, basically wide open, we should hang them up now. Zapalac has had to deal with this problem all year, and trust me, he has handled it better than I would. I still think having that week off before the playoffs affected us. We looked sloppy across the board. Even though Smithville only put up 7 points, our D had WAY too many holes up front and in the secondary. Not a way I was looking for us to come out. Let's get back to work and realize how lucky we are to be playing football right now.

zebrablue2
11-15-2014, 10:24 AM
this was not the same football team I watched the last 7 games. and you are right if they play like they did last against HJ we will be done. don't know what the problem was looked like they was all sleep walking. Rowe better wake them up if he wants to move on.

Good week to have a bad game and be flat, ( coming off bye week ), Bulls better be ready next week, and I believe they will be...

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Where's rancher?

BB BULLS
11-15-2014, 01:00 PM
Where's rancher?

I guess he is ranching. I heard we was playing HJ at Aldine, will confirm.

Bull's-eye
11-15-2014, 03:06 PM
Where's rancher?

I wish he would come voice his views, not too many Bellville fans are very happy at what they saw last night. I heard all the excuses, coming off a bye, playing a 2-8 team, the cold weather & looking ahead to LG. Looking at the stats, there were 2 areas that stand out like a sore thumb, Bellville lost 3 fumbles & committed 13 penalties for 100 yards. What's very concerning, this is the 2nd first round playoff game in a row that Bellville has come out flat, luckily they were playing a 4th placed team.

All year long I have noticed some poor fundamentals with the way our backs carry the ball. In the opening game, one back is going down the left sideline for an apparent touchdown. He keeps the ball in his right arm where at the goal line, the ball is stripped for a Caldwell touch back. Most backs are taught to move the ball to the outside, this makes it harder for the defender to strip the ball. Even if the back loses the ball, more likely it will go out of bounds & the offense retains possession. A few games ago, I see a back make a good run on an inside trap. Once he is surrounded by several defenders, he stays up & is fighting off the defenders with his off hand. The ball is easily poked out by one of the defenders & we lose the ball. When running into traffic, I was always taught to lean forward & cover the ball with two hands. This will help soften the blow and make it harder for the defense to strip the ball. Now if I'm seeing this with my naked eyes, don't you think opposing coaches are seeing this on game film?

Okay, 13 penalties for 100 yards. What does this tell us? Do the math, with an average under 8 yards per penalty, most of these are the 5 yard variety. These are mental mistakes like offsides and illegal procedure. It's too late in the season for this team to be making these mental mistakes. Your next opponent is HJ, they will be playing LG if you give them 3 fumbles & make 13 penalties!