DIV II:
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/EJ-4A-DII.pdf

ronwx5x
11-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Thoughts?

DIV I:
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/EJ-4A-DI.pdf

DIV II:
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/EJ-4A-DII.pdfThink he's wrong on both State Champs.

rb585
11-09-2014, 10:30 PM
Those picks don't look bad, but some of his other division picks show definite signs of crack addiction.

Dallas Skyline over Houston Lamar for 6AD1???? That's not going to happen...

regaleagle
11-10-2014, 03:15 AM
Everybody will get their chance to fill out their own bracket.

Aguilafanatico
11-10-2014, 08:58 AM
Skyline is no joke. They are loaded and good. I don't know anything about Lamar but A Skyline pick certainly doesn't constitute crack addiction. I like the 4A D1 bracket though.

panfan
11-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Dude change your avatar back to $hit eating grin dude - your little bandit buy gives me the hebe jebes.

Oh and as far as predictions go, we'll be glad to win one game at a time, and move forward after that. I figured at the beginning of the season, given what I know about the kids on this team, having known and coached many of them over the years, that we were good for 2-4 rounds into the playoffs, as long as we stay healthy.

ahs_indian_fan
11-10-2014, 09:51 AM
He doesn't really make much of a leap on any games. Looks to me like he took the clear favorite in each 4A game. I don't see where he really reached out for an upset which is kind of boring. Amazingly he figured out a way to make sure No. 1 and No. 2 in each 4A texasfooball.com poll ended up playing for the title. Guess that makes their rankings look better if that happens.

Thoughts?

DIV I:
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/EJ-4A-DI.pdf

DIV II:
http://www.texasfootball.com/assets/2014-Playoffs/EJ-4A-DII.pdf

YTBulldogs
11-10-2014, 09:54 AM
He doesn't really make much of a leap on any games. Looks to me like he took the clear favorite in each 4A game. I don't see where he really reached out for an upset which is kind of boring. Amazingly he figured out a way to make sure No. 1 and No. 2 in each 4A texasfooball.com poll ended up playing for the title. Guess that makes their rankings look better if that happens.

Well, why would you rank a team #1 if you didin't think they win it, when you predicted now?

ahs_indian_fan
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
6A Division I and 5A Division II he has the top ranked team (Allen) and second ranked team (Timberview) being beat in the second round. Houston Lamar, who he has in the state championship is ranked No. 17. I think it comes down to not knowing the lower classifications ... from 4A-2A only one classification doesn't have four of their top five in the semifinals and that's 2A Division II ... in all others four of their top five ranked teams are in the semi's and the one who didn't loses to one of those four in the quarterfinals.

It's like filling out your march madness bracket with three No. 1s and a No. 2 reaching the final four. The person who does it might be right, but where's the fun and risk in picking the favorites?

Well, why would you rank a team #1 if you didin't think they win it, when you predicted now?

waterboy
11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
It's just an opinion, and we all know about opinions...:D

My opinion differs from his. I will say that...

YTBulldogs
11-10-2014, 11:04 AM
6A Division I and 5A Division II he has the top ranked team (Allen) and second ranked team (Timberview) being beat in the second round. Houston Lamar, who he has in the state championship is ranked No. 17. I think it comes down to not knowing the lower classifications ... from 4A-2A only one classification doesn't have four of their top five in the semifinals and that's 2A Division II ... in all others four of their top five ranked teams are in the semi's and the one who didn't loses to one of those four in the quarterfinals.

It's like filling out your march madness bracket with three No. 1s and a No. 2 reaching the final four. The person who does it might be right, but where's the fun and risk in picking the favorites?

hmmm

marler1972
11-10-2014, 11:42 AM
It's just an opinion, and we all know about opinions...:D

My opinion differs from his. I will say that...

Same Here specially the in the semi finals.:cheerl:

Aguilafanatico
11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Same Here specially the in the semi finals.:cheerl:

I think he is a genius. A soothsayer, medium, witch doctor, time traveler, palm reader with a crystal ball. Jimmy the Greek and Rainman all tied up in one. Can't believe you guys don't see it that way.:p

defense51
11-10-2014, 12:06 PM
I think he is a genius. A soothsayer, medium, witch doctor, time traveler, palm reader with a crystal ball. Jimmy the Greek and Rainman all tied up in one. Can't believe you guys don't see it that way.:p
I've always wanted to be a soothsayer, it just sounds cool! Soothsayer... Soothsayer... Soothsayer... :cool:

waterboy
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM

Well......., I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and I say he's full of malarkey!:D

Celina8
11-10-2014, 12:15 PM
I wait till after the last State Championshp game has been played then I fill my bracket out. Been right 50 % of the time using this method!

rb585
11-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Skyline is no joke. They are loaded and good. I don't know anything about Lamar but A Skyline pick certainly doesn't constitute crack addiction. I like the 4A D1 bracket though.

There are about 8 teams that are loaded and good in the Dallas area.

A DISD team hasn't made the state championship game since Carter cheated their way there in 1989. An HISD has made the state championship game once since 1992.

This guy for some reason thinks both of those streaks will end.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 01:19 PM

A DISD team hasn't made the state championship game since Carter cheated their way there in 1989. An HISD has made the state championship game once since 1992.

Houston Lamar played in the championship in 2012 I believe.

YTBulldogs
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
Houston Lamar played in the championship in 2012 I believe.

I believe that was the "runaway Gator" running over a coach year.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I believe that was the "runaway Gator" running over a coach year.

Or was that 2011?

d0tc0m
11-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Dallas Lincoln lost to Kilgore in the 4A DII state title game in 2004.

Aguilafanatico
11-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Skyline is a little different in that they are a Magnet school in the DISD system. I would assume their are plenty of athletes that were zoned to Carter that are now attending Skyline.