PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville vs Decatur

5wide
11-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Played at Weatherford Friday night. Should be a good game. Also, these two meet up in the Volleyball playoffs Tuesday in Weatherford.

briandumith*
11-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Played at Weatherford Friday night. Should be a good game. Also, these two meet up in the Volleyball playoffs Tuesday in Weatherford.

cool double dip... good luck to all teams!

Deuce
11-09-2014, 07:24 PM
This could be a better game than most think! I think Ville wins a close one, but wouldn't be surprised if Decatur pulls out the upset.

5wide
11-09-2014, 07:27 PM
cool double dip... good luck to all teams!

Yes it is. Decatur Vball should win easily. They are the defending State Champions. Football game will be much tougher.

ccmom
11-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I'll take Decatur in volleyball...and Sville in football.

JVDAD
11-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Stephenville gets their swagger back. Jackets by 21....

hollywood
11-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Did the venue change? I thought this game was in mineral wells.

slingshot
11-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I'll take Decatur in volleyball...and Sville in football.This. I think Stephenville makes it to the Regional final...

5wide
11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
Decatur volleyball has not lost a set in a game sine September 23rd against Argyle and haven't played more than 3 sets in a game since then. Those girls are impressive!

hollywood
11-09-2014, 09:10 PM

Game is in Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30

toddg
11-09-2014, 09:39 PM
Game is in Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30 i like stadiums with no track..

jason
11-10-2014, 09:06 AM
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=684
this is where the beat down of kennedale took place two years ago

Ragin Red
11-10-2014, 09:31 AM
After watching Decatur play friday night don't believe it will be easy for stephenville but good luck to both teams and may both teams stay healthy.

hollywood
11-10-2014, 09:44 AM
After watching Decatur play friday night don't believe it will be easy for stephenville but good luck to both teams and may both teams stay healthy.

In Region 1 this season, not many games will be easy in the playoffs. Any team can get beat any week so everyone better buckle down and play their best games from here on out. No gimmie's... and it only will get tougher for whoever gets out of Region 1.

Bullaholic
11-10-2014, 10:01 AM
I don't think Decatur is in the Argyle or Navasota class, but as I told the Graham folks....Decatur is a respectable football team that can play. I think the Jackets win by 7-10, but if Decatur plays their best game, they could pull the upset, especially if they get as excited about playing the Jackets as they do for the Bulls....:D

jason
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
I don't think Decatur is in the Argyle or Navasota class, but as I told the Graham folks....Decatur is a respectable football team that can play. I think the Jackets win by 7-10, but if Decatur plays their best game, they could pull the upset, especially if they get as excited about playing the Jackets as they do for the Bulls....:D
Stephenville won't beat anybody unless they learn real quick how to put points on the board when they get to the red zone.
Out-gaining your opponent doesn't win the game for you.

Deuce
11-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Are there other major contributors out for Ville with injury besides Stidham?

jason
11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Are there other major contributors out for Ville with injury besides Stidham?
No, the team is healthy.
They have missed Brock Morrision (te) all season though, he was a huge weapon for Stidham. He had Tommy John surgery after baseball season last year and hasn't been cleared by doctors yet. I doubt he would risk it, he (I believe) has a baseball scholarship waiting on him.

I would be surprised if Padilla or Pigskin have Decatur favored in this game.

hollywood
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
No, the team is healthy.
They have missed Brock Morrision (te) all season though, he was a huge weapon for Stidham. He had Tommy John surgery after baseball season last year and hasn't been cleared by doctors yet. I doubt he would risk it, he (I believe) has a baseball scholarship waiting on him.

I would be surprised if Padilla or Pigskin have Decatur favored in this game.

Many outside of Sville don't know this. Brock Morrison was a huge asset for the team last year and even in 2012 as a Soph. If you had one play for the win or to get a first down, Morrison was the go to player. Caught the winning TD pass against Big Spring last season. Caught many clutch first down passes from T. Jones and J. Stidham. Clutch clutch clutch

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/c7/4c7d9364-cfdd-5e3d-9126-5c1a80517708/52f16db3224c9.image.jpg?resize=300%2C301
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/ca/7ca9938f-630f-5702-b312-b19a6d08d30f/522aa1c06458d.image.jpg
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/05/19/440111_4899449_ver1.0_640_480.JPG
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/bb/dbb005a4-8cab-5fd3-a3b8-125b7ea3ff46/5262316c0f3ba.image.jpg

slingshot
11-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Stephenville won't beat anybody unless they learn real quick how to put points on the board when they get to the red zone.
Out-gaining your opponent doesn't win the game for you.That prob had more to do with the defense they were facing... once the field shortened up inside the 30 and those underneath routes get compressed it becomes very hard to move the ball, especially when your main running threat has been neutralized as Wylie did to Williams.

Aguilafanatico
11-10-2014, 11:46 AM
That prob had more to do with the defense they were facing... once the field shortened up inside the 30 and those underneath routes get compressed it becomes very hard to move the ball, especially when your main running threat has been neutralized as Wylie did to Williams.

That's one thing I was curious about. How did the Stephenville RB play? The talk has been that is is maybe the best player on the team and one of the best backs in the state. Figured he could have been a difference maker.

defense51
11-10-2014, 11:59 AM
I saw Decatur play in week 2, obviously they have improved since then. Our running game was able to move the ball on them all day, we just couldn't get in the endzone a couple of times. I can see Williams having a big night against Decatur's defense. Decatur can put up points quickly which bodes well against the Jacket's defense... Stephenville by 7

hollywood
11-10-2014, 12:15 PM
I saw Decatur play in week 2, obviously they have improved since then. Our running game was able to move the ball on them all day, we just couldn't get in the endzone a couple of times. I can see Williams having a big night against Decatur's defense. Decatur can put up points quickly which bodes well against the Jacket's defense... Stephenville by 7

As we all know defense51, most teams have gotten better since early in the season. Stephenville's offense didn't weaken much during the Big Spring game when Stidham went out. But it sure showed against a solid defense playing Wylie that having a dual threat QB out. Chavy just isn't very mobile. It really allowed Wylie to pin their ears back and come after the QB with the strength of their D-line. Stephenville's defense played one of their best games of the season against Wylie. Hopefully it will propel them from here on out. We shall see.

ccmom
11-10-2014, 12:40 PM
That's one thing I was curious about. How did the Stephenville RB play? The talk has been that is is maybe the best player on the team and one of the best backs in the state. Figured he could have been a difference maker. I think he had 61 yards on 15 rushing attmepts...but wow that kid is load. He carried 3 our 4 Wylie guys with him for probably 30 of those yards. He is clearly a stud!!

Sville
11-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Williams had a pretty productive game. He had about 25 total touches (rec & rush) for around 150-160 yds. It was the first all season I believe he was held out of the end zone. Wylie' s defense was very impressive inside the red zone. The Jackets made 3 trips inside the 20 and came away with just 7. The other trips resulted in a block FG and turn over on downs. The lone Jacket TD came with 3 minutes left when Wylie had started subbing in reserves. Their 1st team D pitched a shutout.

I believe the Jackets will not have a problem putting up points in this one. The question is will the D continue their improved play from last Friday? I believe so, Stephenville like many traditionally strong programs is a different animal in the playoffs.

BlueBleeder3
11-10-2014, 02:22 PM
Decatur has a stud Sophomore RB/WR of their own (he rushed for 90 hard yds. and had 180+ receiving/270+ total against a big physical Graham defense). That kid has like 26 TD's on the year according to MaxPreps (including 5 against Graham). They also have a good dual purpose QB who is slippery. The biggest difference in Decatur now compared to earlier in the year is they are playing much more physical and the QB has developed in to a true threat passing. It is going to be a good game and even though I am an Eagle fan I still think S-ville has to be the favorite, but I would not be shocked if there was an upset.

hollywood
11-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Decatur has a stud Sophomore RB/WR of their own (he rushed for 90 hard yds. and had 180+ receiving/270+ total against a big physical Graham defense). That kid has like 26 TD's on the year according to MaxPreps (including 5 against Graham). They also have a good dual purpose QB who is slippery. The biggest difference in Decatur now compared to earlier in the year is they are playing much more physical and the QB has developed in to a true threat passing. It is going to be a good game and even though I am an Eagle fan I still think S-ville has to be the favorite, but I would not be shocked if there was an upset.

Looking forward to it! I expect a great game. Wonder how many times these schools have played each other in football, if any?

Speaking of big physical defense.. have you seen Abilene Wylie's? :eek: I've seen Graham play twice and Wylie's D dwarfs Graham's. No kidding. And the RB/LB was a stud... commited to Baylor.

http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/10/30/_WHS10_Preview_1414720401868_9394374_ver1.0_640_48 0.jpg

slingshot
11-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Looking forward to it! I expect a great game. Wonder how many times these schools have played each other in football, if any?

Speaking of big physical defense.. have you seen Abilene Wylie's? :eek: I've seen Graham play twice and Wylie's D dwarfs Graham's. No kidding. And the RB/LB was a stud... commited to Baylor.

http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/10/30/_WHS10_Preview_1414720401868_9394374_ver1.0_640_48 0.jpgMan, I don't know--Graham's D line can match up to just about anybody. #99 (or whatever he is wearing this week) is an absolute beast. Best D lineman I've see this year...

Sville
11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Stephenville and Decatur have only played twice in 1960 and 1961, each team won once.

Rattler
11-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Man, I don't know--Graham's D line can match up to just about anybody. #99 (or whatever he is wearing this week) is an absolute beast. Best D lineman I've see this year...

:clap::iagree:

hollywood
11-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Man, I don't know--Graham's D line can match up to just about anybody. #99 (or whatever he is wearing this week) is an absolute beast. Best D lineman I've see this year...

Graham's #99 McWhorter and #20 Langley are very good. I agree!

Wylie's #89 Baylen Baker, #74 Zach Sotelo and #88 Logan Gilliam are a stronger D-line overall from my observation. Then you throw in #81 Clay Johnston at OLB. Very strong D.

regaleagle
11-10-2014, 09:25 PM
From what I'm hearing, it might be a tad bit cold on Friday night. When the wind and the chill get together, running the ball might be the order of the evening. Them footballs get kinda hard and slippery in cold weather. Might be a few fumbles, too. Who's got the best running game? Looks like Decatur runs it more than they pass it, and have 2 rbs with over a thousand yds. rushing this season. They also throw it 200 yd./gm. I'd say Decatur should be able to put some points up, regardless.

Inmateboss
11-10-2014, 11:13 PM
I'll take Decatur in volleyball...and Sville in football.

I'll take Sville in volleyball and Decatur in football!! Just because !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

5wide
11-11-2014, 08:50 AM
Stephenville will have their hands full on the defensive side of the ball. Graham's D is an impressive unit. They fly around the field, get to the ball and have a stout run defense. That being said, all we heard about was how Decatur wasn't going to be able to run the ball or score many points. Decatur put up over 540 YDS on Graham and 370 of that came through the air. Decatur has put a lot of points and yards up this year on almost everyone they've played. The scary thing for Stephenville is that Decatur is very similiar to the Lubbock Cooper team. The QB for Decatur can pass and run. the killer for Decatur has been turnovers, they have to keep those to a minimum in order to win.

Inmateboss
11-11-2014, 09:09 AM
Stephenville will have their hands full on the defensive side of the ball. Graham's D is an impressive unit. They fly around the field, get to the ball and have a stout run defense. That being said, all we heard about was how Decatur wasn't going to be able to run the ball or score many points. Decatur put up over 540 YDS on Graham and 370 of that came through the air. Decatur has put a lot of points and yards up this year on almost everyone they've played. The scary thing for Stephenville is that Decatur is very similiar to the Lubbock Cooper team. The QB for Decatur can pass and run. the killer for Decatur has been turnovers, they have to keep those to a minimum in order to win.

The turnover bug has been as prevalent as Texas Mosquitos this year and has to be squashed, it won't be tolerated at this level!

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 11:30 AM

I look for the Ville to keep up the good work on the defensive side of the ball which is why they didn't lose by more to Wylie. My worry is offense. If we can get the ball to Williams and establish his rush game I don't forsee a lot of issues. Chavy has hopefully found some confidence this week and hopefully the coaching staff has worked on some plays in the red zone that will play to the O-lines strengths. I see the Jackets winning this one, but I honestly believe it will be rather close.

hollywood
11-11-2014, 12:08 PM

To compare Decatur to Lubbock Cooper is funny. To think that Decatur can reference that game as how they match up with Stephenville is even more funny. Decatur isn't Lubbock Cooper and neither Decatur or Stephenville are the same teams they were 7 weeks ago.

Ragin Red
11-11-2014, 12:33 PM
In Region 1 this season, not many games will be easy in the playoffs. Any team can get beat any week so everyone better buckle down and play their best games from here on out. No gimmie's... and it only will get tougher for whoever gets out of Region 1.

:iagree:

Jacket97
11-11-2014, 03:16 PM
If Stephenville is fortunate enough to get wins this week and next week and Stephenville gets back a healthy Stidham in the third round.....I predict Stephenville will make it back to the semi-finals again. A healthy Stidham gives Stephenville wins vs Abilene Wylie and Big Spring in the playoffs. There is alot of if's in that equation and they will need to have a little luck with all the hard work they will have ahead of them but I believe it could happen. Just IMO.

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 03:20 PM
If Stephenville is fortunate enough to get wins this week and next week and Stephenville gets back a healthy Stidham in the third round.....I predict Stephenville will make it back to the semi-finals again. A healthy Stidham gives Stephenville wins vs Abilene Wylie and Big Spring in the playoffs. There is alot of if's in that equation and they will need to have a little luck with all the hard work they will have ahead of them but I believe it could happen. Just IMO.

:ditto:

Couldn't have said it better!

5wide
11-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Explain to me how you don't t think Decatur compares to Lubbock Cooper? Wait until you see Decaturs QB, plays and looks just like Coopers QB. Everyone saw what he did to Stephenville's defense. And I hope your not saying Stephenville is better than they were 7 weeks ago?

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Explain to me how you don't t think Decatur compares to Lubbock Cooper? Wait until you see Decaturs QB, plays and looks just like Coopers QB. Everyone saw what he did to Stephenville's defense. And I hope your not saying Stephenville is better than they were 7 weeks ago?

I'll answer for him! I'm absolutely 100% withouht a shadow of a doubt positive that the Jackets defense is better than they were 7 weeks ago!

5wide
11-11-2014, 05:01 PM
I'll answer for him! I'm absolutely 100% withouht a shadow of a doubt positive that the Jackets defense is better than they were 7 weeks ago!

You said nothing about the Defense, you said team. If Stephenville's team is better than they were 7 weeks ago, then that doesn't say much about Stidham. There is no way that the offense is better than they were 7 weeks ago. So, tell me how is Stephenville better than they were 7 weeks ago. With a healthy Stidham and an improved defense you are absolutely 100% correct about being better but you don't have the QB.

the Ville 89
11-11-2014, 05:09 PM
Hey 5wide, just curious how much experience does Decatur have playing in cold weather?

5wide
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM
They went 3 rounds deep last year, so most of them should have a feel for it.

here4Villa
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM
I say what I say cos the only reason(EDIT: one the reasons they beat us) Lubbock Cooper beat us was because of our lack of defending their passing game. Defense will be all over those guys at the Decatur game, so I say, YES defense is better and that is where we will win the game if we win!

d0tc0m
11-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Statistically speaking ... so, take this for what it's worth, in other words ... Stephenville was a little better, defensively, during the first half of the season.

Through the first four games (including the Cooper loss), the Yellowjackets outscored their opponents 167-77. Through the final five games of the season (including the back-to-back losses, and the big 64 spot given to Big Spring), Stephenville has outscored everybody 208-142. So when you average those out, the Jackets are nearly the same on offense, but are about a touchdown worse, defensively. Again, those are just numbers, so they're not worth their weight in much, but they are something to chew on.

Cam
11-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I really have nothing to say about this game....I was just trying to post real quickly so I could see "Cam" three times in a row on three threads!....:crazy1:

Ville-D
11-11-2014, 07:03 PM
That second picture of Brock features the future QB of the Ville... in the stands in the Superman shirt -- Another Jones (no relation).

Many outside of Sville don't know this. Brock Morrison was a huge asset for the team last year and even in 2012 as a Soph. If you had one play for the win or to get a first down, Morrison was the go to player. Caught the winning TD pass against Big Spring last season. Caught many clutch first down passes from T. Jones and J. Stidham. Clutch clutch clutch

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/c7/4c7d9364-cfdd-5e3d-9126-5c1a80517708/52f16db3224c9.image.jpg?resize=300%2C301
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/ca/7ca9938f-630f-5702-b312-b19a6d08d30f/522aa1c06458d.image.jpg
http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/05/19/440111_4899449_ver1.0_640_480.JPG
http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/d/bb/dbb005a4-8cab-5fd3-a3b8-125b7ea3ff46/5262316c0f3ba.image.jpg

Jacket97
11-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Stephenville is limping right now. If any underdog team wanted to play Stephenville I would choose now to play them. Kids will have to step up and play like they have never played before. There can't be any mental mistakes; they can't turn the ball over and they have to score in red zone....so much is going against them right now. With that said, they are like the Boston Red Sox in 2004. Down 0-3 in the series and everything stacked against them. But don't let them win a game Friday night, the beast in this team may be unleashed. So you better get them while their down or the rest of the teams down the road need to watch out!

stardog
11-12-2014, 03:21 PM
That second picture of Brock features the future QB of the Ville... in the stands in the Superman shirt -- Another Jones (no relation).

Is the girl in pink your future cheerleader ? Is her name Smith ?

stardog
11-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Stephenville is limping right now. If any underdog team wanted to play Stephenville I would choose now to play them. Kids will have to step up and play like they have never played before. There can't be any mental mistakes; they can't turn the ball over and they have to score in red zone....so much is going against them right now. With that said, they are like the Boston Red Sox in 2004. Down 0-3 in the series and everything stacked against them. But don't let them win a game Friday night, the beast in this team may be unleashed. So you better get them while their down or the rest of the teams down the road need to watch out!

Village People aren't the only ones limping. Everyone has injuries or has someone out. According to village people everyone is an underdog - like the village people make no mistakes, or don't turn ball over. So I think you better be ready for Decatur with no errors and how many times have been in the red zone and no punch? Poor village people - everything going against you. Better be ready for Decatur. Their game against Graham gave them confidence and lots of energy. You can't choose who you want to play now -so get ready its one game at a time now - move on for or go home ! It gets tougher each game.

Bullaholic
11-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Village People aren't the only ones limping. Everyone has injuries or has someone out. According to village people everyone is an underdog - like the village people make no mistakes, or don't turn ball over. So I think you better be ready for Decatur with no errors and how many times have been in the red zone and no punch? Poor village people - everything going against you. Better be ready for Decatur. Their game against Graham gave them confidence and lots of energy. You can't choose who you want to play now -so get ready its one game at a time now - move on for or go home ! It gets tougher each game.

Ever seen a Yellowjacket nest after you hit it with a rock?---I think we're about to see it here....:D

stardog
11-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Ever seen a Yellowjacket nest after you hit it with a rock?---I think we're about to see it here....:D

Yes - I smashed it and the ones I didn't get with the big rock - I swatted with a paddle as they flew by.

here4Villa
11-13-2014, 09:29 AM
Yes - I smashed it and the ones I didn't get with the big rock - I swatted with a paddle as they flew by.

Bitter much?? Did we beat the heck out of your team or something? I have never seen such a grown man be so bitter on a forum. In three different threads... It's funny! Keep up the comedy!

BwdLion73
11-13-2014, 09:55 AM
Bitter much?? Did we beat the heck out of your team or something? I have never seen such a grown man be so bitter on a forum. In three different threads... It's funny! Keep up the comedy!

Speaking of that. What happen to Jacket Swarm? A good Jacket Win should bring him back.
...fire away...:D;):D

Sville
11-13-2014, 10:01 AM

Yeah he is a Burnet fan prolly still bitter from that ass whoopin a couple of years ago. What can you do? The list is wide and long for the Jackets in butt hurt opposing fans.

slingshot
11-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Speaking of that. What happen to Jacket Swarm? A good Jacket Win should bring him back.
...fire away...:D;):DBeen wondering the same thing...

here4Villa
11-13-2014, 10:26 AM
I'm sure the swarm will come.... What some aren't realizing is us jacket fans are equipped with reality. We know we are struggling right now. We know that it is going to take a lot for us to move on this week. All this "the Ville this" and "you Ville people" is childish. So I'll say again... GO JACKETS! I love the playoffs. I drive from San Antonio every week to support. Safe travels to everyone driving and attending this game and all games.

STUDMYSTRO
11-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Is it game time yet!!! I am ready to get this one underway! The Yellow Jackets are coming in on a losing streak for the first time in I don't know how long. But that in my opinion will only fuel their fire and passion to win this game. I am not going to knock Decatur in any way, as they are a good football team that is plenty capable of putting up some points and liminting the opsosing team. But I strongly believe that the Yellow Jackets will look like a different team tonight, and will do what it takes to bring home the W and advance in the playoffs. Tonight Stephenville will play disciplined football, and win the turn over battle (as thaty may be the difference maker in this one). I am going to take the Yellow Jackets 35-17!

Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from the game and that this match up is clean and injury free.

hollywood
11-14-2014, 11:20 AM
We ready! Will be interesting to see how Decatur responds to what Stepehnville will bring into the game tonight. That's all I'm saying. :D

Dawgs
11-14-2014, 11:22 AM
We ready! Will be interesting to see how Decatur responds to what Stepehnville will bring into the game tonight. That's all I'm saying. :D

Do we have "no idea what's coming?"...

BwdLion73
11-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Good luck,That sounds like the same thing I heard before the Wylie game.

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:01 PM
Looks like a pretty good grip holding that helmet with his throwing hand. :D

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/77cc06_45a75c5359d54617a29d10db520f49e6.jpg_srz_p_ 551_600_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Do we have "no idea what's coming?"...

Lol... kinda. I like the game plan for this one. We don't even know what's coming. We'll see how it works out.

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:04 PM

That terrible Jacket defense (:rolleyes:) everyone has discounted over the season held Wylie to 21 pts. What did Brownwood hold them to?

slingshot
11-14-2014, 12:05 PM
After giving this one some thought, I think Stephenville wins. Do think it will be closer than many seem to think. Anybody who can put 48 on Graham's D has a potent offense. We know the Ville can score (unless they're playing Wylie ;)). Neither team seems to be defensive force... so, I'll go with with Stephenville 45--Decatur 41 in a shoot out.

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:12 PM
After giving this one some thought, I think Stephenville wins. Do think it will be closer than many seem to think. Anybody who can put 48 on Graham's D has a potent offense. We know the Ville can score (unless they're playing Wylie ;)). Neither team seems to be defensive force... so, I'll go with with Stephenville 45--Decatur 41 in a shoot out.

slingshot... you will like how this one plays out tonight. I like what the defensive unit has adopted into and what the offense has in store for Decatur. We'll see how it plays out but I like what I know so far. ;)

BwdLions
11-14-2014, 12:20 PM
That terrible Jacket defense (:rolleyes:) everyone has discounted over the season held Wylie to 21 pts. What did Brownwood hold them to?

Hey Hollywood, didn't you say you graduated from Brownwood?

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:24 PM
Hey Hollywood, didn't you say you graduated from Brownwood?

Correct, like many others living in other places now. ;)

BwdLion73
11-14-2014, 12:38 PM

We held Big Spring to 46...what did you hold them to? :tisk::D

Aguilafanatico
11-14-2014, 12:42 PM
We held Big Spring to 46...what did you hold them to? :tisk::D

"Held to 46"? :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

BwdLion73
11-14-2014, 12:45 PM
"Held to 46"? :vrycnfsd::vrycnfsd:

Heck yeah beats 67 that Stephenville gave up! ...and our offense scored the same number of points on Wylie that their high power offense did.
Is this a fun time of year or what! :smoker:

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Heck yeah beats 67 that Stephenville gave up! ...and our offense scored the same number of points on Wylie that their high power offense did.

Lol.. it was 64 points... get it right! Good-NESS.

hollywood
11-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Tonight will prove out the defensive adjustments. I have liked what I've heard and seen so far. Again, tonight will be another good test.

toddg
11-14-2014, 12:52 PM
Stephenville 35

Decatur 21

should be about right....:cool:

ccmom
11-14-2014, 01:00 PM

Actually, Brownwood's offense scored ZERO points vs Wylie, but their defense scored once on a pick 6. Carry on though....I'm enjoying the banter. ;)

BwdLion73
11-14-2014, 01:28 PM
Actually, Brownwood's offense scored ZERO points vs Wylie, but their defense scored once on a pick 6. Carry on though....I'm enjoying the banter. ;)

Your right. Even better Hollywood...we scored on their starters! lol

...ok I'm finished just getting Hollywood ready for their game. :1popcorn:

stardog
11-14-2014, 01:43 PM

Do all the village people work at a cheese factory in Stephenville ? Lot of wine - ing flowing around these past few weeks.

here4Villa
11-14-2014, 02:25 PM
Do all the village people work at a cheese factory in Stephenville ? Lot of wine - ing flowing around these past few weeks.

I think you mistake support and concern for whining starpuppy. We will see what happens. Bout to start my drive up. Go Jackets!!!!!

BwdLions
11-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Correct, like many others living in other places now. ;)

Yes, I understand that, but it appears your allegiance is with the Jackets over the Lions. That's like graduating from UT, moving to Norman, and then rooting for the Sooners.

Aguilafanatico
11-14-2014, 02:33 PM
:1popcorn::1popcorn::1popcorn:
Yes, I understand that, but it appears your allegiance is with the Jackets over the Lions. That's like graduating from UT, moving to Norman, and then rooting for the Sooners.

Jacket97
11-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Jackets will win....48-35.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 07:02 PM
Jackets will win....48-35.

That score looks about right to me. I think Decatur will make a good game of it and keep it very competitive. The Jackets cannot afford to make any slip ups or too many giveaways. It's time to play clean playoff football.....everybody's had plenty of time now to get things right.

Jchristian
11-14-2014, 07:58 PM
This is why I love Texas high school football.
Tonight the Eagles take on a Titan of Texas ... Stephenville !
Most people naturally pick the Yellowjackets. And I must admit the task for the Eagles is daunting. But you still have to play the game and these undersized young men from Decatur play hard. Here's hoping for a good game and for both teams to come out of it healthy. Go Eagles!!

cowboyandchrist
11-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Hey Hollywood, I still have faith in the Ville. I believe the Rattlers will be there in the end, but I also think the Ville has what it takes. I have a gut feeling the Rice Birds will be a tuff out also. Argyle has shown no weakness and the teams I just mentioned will have to face them to win it all. God Bless and I pray no injuries.
P S my Dawgs will play hard and if any team can go through what they have and still win, it is my Dawgs.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 08:56 PM
How y'all doing over here on this site? What's going on in this game early, huh?

5wide
11-14-2014, 08:58 PM
How y'all doing over here on this site? What's going on in this game early, huh?

14-12 Decatur 1st qtr

ccmom
11-14-2014, 08:58 PM
Decatur 14
Sville 12

Almost end of first

ccmom
11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
Touchdown sville
Sville 18
Decatur 14

Sville has missed a PAT and failed on two two point conversion attempts

The punters are the coldest players on the field. Neither have seen any action yet.

ccmom
11-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Sville gets the first defensive stop of the game.....

And then K Williams busts a huge 80ish yard run. Sville ball on Decatur 11. Huge turn of events

Couple plays later Williams scores

Sville 25
Decatur 14

7 left in half

ccmom
11-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Sville 25
Decatur 21
2 min til half

ccmom
11-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Sville 32
Decatur 21

Halftime

here4Villa
11-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Sville 32
Decatur 21

Halftime

Great game so far. Villes D needs to come back stronger I believe. It's @&$!? COLD!

ccmom
11-14-2014, 10:16 PM
Touchdown Decatur
Sville 35
Decatur 28
9 left in third

ccmom
11-14-2014, 10:57 PM
4 min left
Decatur leads 35-32

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:02 PM
35-35

2:16 left

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Things getting kinda dicey, huh?

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:07 PM
1:23left

Decatur has ball on Sville 41

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Completion to Sville 15 with 56 sec left

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:10 PM
4th down
Fg attempt coming

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:11 PM
Wow! Listening now! Kick is Good! :20 seconds left. Decatur up by 3. Decatur 38 Stephenville 35

Roughneck93
11-14-2014, 11:12 PM
:eek:

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:14 PM
20 seconds left
38-35 Decatur

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:15 PM
One time out left for Sville

Penalty moves ball to midfield

17 seconds

Pass to Decatur 34 timeout...9 sec left

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Wow What a game. Stephenville kicks a 22 yard field goal and ties it up. Headed to overtime!

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:17 PM
Omg late hit call

Ball on Decatur 12

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:18 PM
2 seconds left

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:18 PM
Going to OT!! Sville fg good

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:20 PM
15 yard personal foul for hitting out of bounds on Decatur was not smart.

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Sville gets ball first and runs all the way to the Decatur one

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Touchdown Sville
PAT good

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:23 PM
The announcers sure are giddy now.

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:23 PM
Geez

First and goal Decatur from the 8

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Illegal motion

Second and goal from 13

Third and goal from 9 now

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:25 PM
Here's the game
4th and goal from 9

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Decatur scores on 4th and goal from the 9! PAT good! Double overtime!

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Touchdown Decatur!

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:27 PM
Listen here: http://www.mainplayersystem.com/radio/player/65

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:27 PM
45-45

Double OT

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Decatur will start with ball in double OT

2nd and 9 from 24

Incomplete pass

3rd down

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Decatur QB sacked at 29

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:31 PM
4th and 13

Another conversion by Decatur...ball on 6

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:32 PM
The Jellojackets are biting their lips now.

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Wow Wow Wow! TD and PAT Decatur.

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:33 PM
Touchdown Dractur

PAT good

Svilles turn

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Bobcat...please takeover....I'm too slow!!

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:35 PM
Decatur must need some discipline. They sure make some unforced errors at the worst times possible.

BwdLion73
Bobcat...please takeover....I'm too slow!!

someone keep it up I cant get the feed right now

regaleagle
It's going to triple overtime now.

ccmom
Touchdown Sville

ccmom
11-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Going to triple OT!

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:37 PM
Stephenville will get the ball first now. It's 56-56. No extra points in this one by kicking it....you have to go for two.

bobcat1
Had to get a refill.:D

garciap77
Going to triple OT!

:eek:

garciap77
11-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Had to get a refill.:D

:2thumbsup

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:39 PM
Kaegan Williams breaks about 2 or 3 tackles and takes it all the way for a TD. The extra point throw for 2 goes incomplete.

58-52 Stephenville

Now it's Decatur's turn.

bobcat1
Stephenville scores but fails on the 2 point PAT. Decatur's turn now.

regaleagle
2nd and 4 for Decatur at the 19.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:40 PM
Myers on a keeper for a first down at the 14.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Myers throws it away on a bad snap, picks it up and barely gets its off incomplete.

garciap77
11-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Stephenville scores but fails on the 2 point PAT. Decatur's turn now.

Another refill?:thinking:

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:42 PM
incomplete on that play. 3rd and 10 now for Decatur. TD for Decatur.

Tejastrue
G77 lol

regaleagle
Thrown over the middle for that TD, now Decatur will try for 2 to win it.

Papá Oso
ville announcers sure are hard to listen to lol.

bobcat1
Decatur scores. Of course it was the refs fault for being in the way. :rolleyes: 2 point conversion coming

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:43 PM
Here it folks, but the Jackets call timeout.

Papá Oso
11-14-2014, 11:44 PM
unreal

regaleagle
58-58 in triple OT and Decatur will be going for 2 to win it. here we go....Myers in shotgun rolls to the right and throws it up for grabs. It's caught but out of bounds.

bobcat1
Decatur fails to convert. Quadruple overtime coming!

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Are they playing basketball?

garciap77
11-14-2014, 11:45 PM
Decatur fails to convert. Quadruple overtime coming!
:1omg!:

Tejastrue
11-14-2014, 11:46 PM
I'm confused...why would they be going for two if they are tied....

never mind...must be a hs rule...

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:47 PM
Decatur scores. 2 point PAT coming

GrTigers6
11-14-2014, 11:48 PM
They have to go for two after the second OT

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:48 PM
2 point conversion no good! Stephenville's turn.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:49 PM
Geez the broadcast team for Stephenville are losing their cookies on this overtime series, haha.

BwdLion73
11-14-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm wearing out my refresh button

regaleagle
3rd and 7 for the Jackets here. They need a TD.

BullBoy

me too

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:51 PM
Incomplete. 4th down and here's the ballgame . They need 7 yds for a first. They need the 17. They are at the 23. Timeout Jackets.

bobcat1
Stephenville 4th and 7 from the 22 coming up after the timeout.

garciap77
Go here : http://www.kstvfm.com/

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Here it comes....do or die. They need at least the firstdown here.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:52 PM
Kaegan Williams catches it climbing the ladder on a hail mary to the end zone.

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:53 PM
TD Stephenville! 2 pt conversion try up next. Dear Lord no defense at all in this game.

garciap77
11-14-2014, 11:53 PM
Congrats Honey Bees!!!;)

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:54 PM
Jackets convert and win 66-64. The announcers said "the Jackets have stunned Decatur!" Really? LMAO

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:54 PM
The Jackets win it on a pass by Kaegan Wiliams on a pitch to the outside as he passes it to Brown in the end zone for a completed pass on run.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:55 PM
No Decatur Eagle was in the end zone....they were all on Williams on that one.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:55 PM
Stephenville 66
Decatur 64

4 OT's

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:57 PM
I reckon the restrooms are full now, haha.

Bosqueville
11-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Therewill be no living with Hollywood now..

bobcat1
11-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Congrats Stephanievile! Great game and Season Decatur. The refs played a part in this game from what I heard but both ways.

Tejastrue
11-14-2014, 11:59 PM
They won, but the Jacket reign in the lower classification is short lived and officially over.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Oh Geez.....here comes the Jacket postgame show.

garciap77
11-15-2014, 12:01 AM
therewill be no living with hollywood now..

:crazy1:

slingshot
11-15-2014, 12:02 AM
Did the buses with the defenses get lost on the way to the game?

garciap77
11-15-2014, 12:03 AM

:iagree:

Smitty
11-15-2014, 12:03 AM
Now that was entertainment!!!!

Inmateboss
11-15-2014, 12:09 AM
Holy smokes!! That was crazy !!

jason
11-15-2014, 12:28 AM
Wow. Great ball game.
Had to hold peeing for a quarter and 4 overtimes.

Kaegan Williams
rushes 34 for 255, threw for 2 yds, 6 catches for 85 yards, and 7 total touchdowns 3 run and 4 receptions

regaleagle
11-15-2014, 12:30 AM
Wow. Great ball game.
Had to hold peeing for a quarter and 4 overtimes.

Kaegan Williams
rushes 34 for 255, threw for 2 yds, 6 catches for 85 yards, and 7 total touchdowns 3 run and 4 receptions

Well heck yeah....you can't hold them beers forever, haha. And I'm certain it was a very tense and entertaining game. Congrats to both teams for a complete all out effort to win.

Hollyville
11-15-2014, 12:35 AM
For those who want to bash the Stephenville D, I would like to remind you that Decater put up big numbers against Graham last week in their OT game. Oh, and isn't Graham known for their amazing D this year?

Tejastrue
11-15-2014, 12:42 AM
You just may have a point although the Jackets are not known for their defense...

Sville
11-15-2014, 01:14 AM
That was one of the top 5 best high school football games I have ever seen. I am so elated that my Jackets are moving on and feel sick for the Decatur boys as well. I know what it feels like losing a heart breaker in the playoffs as a player and fan.

I really don't have the words right now. It was really neat to see the team hoist Chavy up after his first varsity win. Sville is a tough place to be a QB with the history and tradition here. That was the longest game Sville has ever played. The Jacket D played 115 snaps tonight.

here4Villa
11-15-2014, 01:41 AM
Blah blah blah to everyone's that ones to talk smack about defense. The only reason that the score got that high is because of overtime. The third and fourth quarter was all defense of both sides. They stopped is we stopped them etc... Great win for the Jackets ! Great playing on Decaturs part. Had you been there, you wouldn't be talking smack.

toddg
11-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Coach Fuller knows how to coach offense for sure!! Congrats on an outstanding win Jackets!!

hollywood
11-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Wholly crapola!! What a game. Congrats to the Yellow Jackets on an epic win. Decatur, heck of a football team! Best wishes next season and hope all the Eagle fans had a safe trip home. This has to be the best OT game I've witnessed. Edges out the 1996 triple OT game between Brownwood/Stephenville. Got home a few minutes ago. Decatur offense is the first I've seen in a long time that runs at a faster tempo than Stephenville does. They don't give defenses a second to catch their breath. As some mentioned earlier and before the bashers have their fun, I'm extremely proud of how the Jackets never gave up! The defense made the stops when they needed to and played 115 freakin snaps of the ball. Give credit to the Decatur offense. Graham posters were right. Very good and explosive. When Decatur went up by 3 with :20 left in the game, I looked around and everyone had their stuff packed and were at the edge of the isles waiting to hit the parking lot. I told someone it's not over until it's over! Well, I didn't think it would come to 4 OT's!! Luckily there was a bathroom at the top of the home side stands. My freakin eyeballs were floating by the end of the game. Pretty cool to see the players hoist Chavy up during the trophy presentation. Yeah he missed a few wide open receivers but made the throws that counted most. Entire team never stopped believing. Live to play another week. That's all any team can honestly expect in the playoffs. Thanks Stephenville Yellow Jackets for making this great game of HS football worth watching.

hollywood
11-15-2014, 01:58 AM
Coach Fuller knows how to coach offense for sure!! Congrats on an outstanding win Jackets!!

Yep, he had that offense clicking on 12 cylinders! QB Meyers is a gamer! Wow. VILLE D contained their RB pretty well most of the night until the end when both teams had the pedal to the metal! I'm whooped after that marathon of a game.

Btw, sorry to hear about the loss toddg. I truly was hoping Alvarado would come out on top tonight. Y'all will be pretty salty next season.

Sville
11-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Live to play another week.

Thanks HW I have a new sig now.

hollywood
11-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Thanks HW I have a new sig now.

LOL... Hey, at this point, that's the truth for any team in the playoffs. Live to play another week!

toddg
11-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Yep, he had that offense clicking on 12 cylinders! QB Meyers is a gamer! Wow. VILLE D contained their RB pretty well most of the night until the end when both teams had the pedal to the metal! I'm whooped after that marathon of a game.

Btw, sorry to hear about the loss toddg. I truly was hoping Alvarado would come out on top tonight. Y'all will be pretty salty next season.
We had'em where wanted them, but the wheels fell off in the 4th..which was the theme to most of our losses this year..we will be back.. Proud of how the Indians played hard and never quit..they never did!!

jake.hodges.9
11-15-2014, 02:21 AM
Extremely proud of all of the Yellow Jacket men tonight!* There was never a moment in this game that they hung their heads and counted themselves out. The never gave up and fought with all their hearts until the very end.* This was a very emotional game for everyone involved. Heart broken for Decatur, but thrilled that the Jackets live to see another day.* *Chavy did an outstanding job as did all of the Jackets tonight!* This game will be remembered as one of the all time classics. I put it right up there, if not ahead of the victory over Big Spring last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BwdLions
11-15-2014, 08:40 AM
I'm glad I chose to go watch this one. It was well worth the price of admission. Good win Jackets.

Rattler
11-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Wholly crapola!! Graham posters were right.

New sig!! :evilgrin:

Bullaholic
11-15-2014, 10:25 AM
I think the fans were treated to an outstanding game between two good teams and perhaps witnessed the initiation of a future great playoff rivalry. The competition between these two schools reminds me very much of the Bulls playoff games with Monahans in 05' and 08'---it just doesn't get any better for a $5 ticket....Congrats to both teams, and to the Jackets for the win and continuation of their playoff run.

the Ville 89
11-15-2014, 11:04 AM
For those who want to bash the Stephenville D, I would like to remind you that Decater put up big numbers against Graham last week in their OT game. Oh, and isn't Graham known for their amazing D this year?

Amen!
Way to go Jackets!!

hollywood
11-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Graham's D allowed 48 pts in 4 qtrs
Stephenville D allowed 38 pts in 4 qtrs (really 31 pts but the offense coughed it up on their own 1 foot line and practically gave them a TD) Not bashing but true.

Being fortunate enough to watch this game, the Decatur offense was the real deal. Very impressed on how they mix it up. Their QB is every bit as good as the Lubbock Cooper's QB I have to admit. Apologies to any Decatur posters for not taking you serious enough. :wave:

JVDAD
11-15-2014, 11:34 AM
We only listened to the last 2:00 plus the OT's. Wow!!! This is one those that even though you have a favorite you hate that either team has to loose. A Playoff Classic!

bearbear78
11-15-2014, 12:12 PM
Stephenville D allowed 38 pts in 4 qtrs (really 31 pts but the offense coughed it up on their own 1 foot line and practically gave them a TD) Not bashing but true.

Being fortunate enough to watch this game, the Decatur offense was the real deal. Very impressed on how they mix it up. Their QB is every bit as good as the Lubbock Cooper's QB I have to admit. Apologies to any Decatur posters for not taking you serious enough. :wave:
If we had not made a particular change late they would have likely kept scoring. Anyone that thinks Decatur was a slouch has NOT watched them lately. Our boys took them lightly and it damn near cost us the DC. Do not be surprised to see the Eagles become a major threat over the next couple years. I was speechless and frustrated watching them hang with us the way they did. Decatur needs to hold their heads high and prep for next year.

5wide
11-15-2014, 12:22 PM

I thought once you saw Decatur QB play you would see why I compared him to the Cooper QB. Decatur will continue to get better. This was Coach Fullers first year and didn't even get here until April. Decaturs 7th, 8th and 9th grade teams won District pretty easily. ( beating Graham by 20+ in all those games which says a lot). Decatur returns all their skill players except for the QB. Should be a fun team to watch.

Sville
11-15-2014, 12:23 PM
If we had not made a particular change late they would have likely kept scoring. Anyone that thinks Decatur was a slouch has NOT watched them lately. Our boys took them lightly and it damn near cost us the DC. Do not be surprised to see the Eagles become a major threat over the next couple years. I was speechless and frustrated watching them hang with us the way they did. Decatur needs to hold their heads high and prep for next year.

In reality Decatur was two bad plays away from beating either one of us. They botched a pretty easy onside kick against Graham and had a costly 15 yard'er that set us up for a much easier FG for the tie. The last minute of a close game is where experience can play a huge factor.

hollywood
11-15-2014, 12:31 PM
In reality Decatur was two bad plays away from beating either one of us. They botched a pretty easy onside kick against Graham and had a costly 15 yard'er that set us up for a much easier FG for the tie. The last minute of a close game is where experience can play a huge factor.

Yes exactly, and that is what makes this game so exciting at times. You really just never know how games are going to go in HS football. We've seen upsets, nail biters, unexpected blow outs already and this is just the first week of Texas HS playoff football! So much heart and emotion goes into these games. It's way better than March madness IMHO. It's the most wonderful time of the year.

briandumith*
11-15-2014, 12:37 PM
A win is a win...that's all that matters. Crazy game last night... Listened driving back from Ville...almost went to the stadium to catch the last OT....lol

Smitty
11-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Was on call for work last night and could not make the game......listened to KSTV and this morning I have to go buy a new recliner and replace some glassware! Thanks Jackets for a GREAT GAME!!

5wide
11-15-2014, 01:24 PM
Don't know if many of the Stephenville faithful know this or not but Kevin Kolb grew up in Decatur then moved to Stephenville. I'm sure he paid a lil bit of attention to this game.

slingshot
11-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Yes exactly, and that is what makes this game so exciting at times. You really just never know how games are going to go in HS football. We've seen upsets, nail biters, unexpected blow outs already and this is just the first week of Texas HS playoff football! So much heart and emotion goes into these games. It's way better than March madness IMHO. It's the most wonderful time of the year.This. Well put...

hollywood
11-15-2014, 02:38 PM
http://m.yourstephenvilletx.com/mobile_adv/sports/

I tell you all, there were so many times in this game it could have gone either way, especially in the second half. Once Decatur went up 38-35 with :20 left, I thought there's still 20 seconds left and our only hope is a kickoff return for either a TD or a deep enough return to have one shot at the endzone or with desperate hopes of kicking a game tying field goal. I thought for sure Decatur was going to attempt a squib on kickoff. Instead, they tried to pooch kick but it went out of bounds at the Sville 35ish which have the ball to Sville on their own 45ish. This gave even more hope that it could happen. We could get a shot. It came down to :09 left when Chavy eluded what appeared to be a sack and scrambled to the Decatur 25ish to run out of bounds when the Decatur defender in hot pursuit tackled him out of bounds. That drew a flag for unsprotmanlike conduct with :02 left in the clock! This set up Fick's 2nd game tying FG attempt from 28 yards from the right hash mark with a slight brease behind him. He nailed it! Tied game at 38-38 sending the game into overtime.Talk about a series of events in the last 20 seconds, and this was just the beginning of the next 45 min to an hour of what was to come. 4 OT's. What a game! Both teams making plays on offense and defense to give each the opportunity to win. You've gotta feel for Decatur because it very well could have been Stephenville in their position. When Decatur went ahead 38-35 on their go ahead FG, their fans were going nuts and deservingly so. After Stephenville made their first completion it got quite. Then when Flick nailed the game tying FG, Stephenville's side erupted. So many changes of momentum one could right a short book. Instant classic for sure that will never be forgotten. Have I mentioned how I love this game? Wow

the Ville 89
11-15-2014, 05:12 PM

Do you guys even watch football.. come on Jackets D gives up 10 less pts in regulation than the daunting Graham D. OT in college and HS is catered to the Offenses, the pts tend to be a little inflated and in no way indicative of how the D played the entire game and if you watch enough football no matter how good a D you have this happens a lot when teams go into OT and are lined up in the red zone to start every possession! JS.

bearbear78
11-15-2014, 05:43 PM
Do you guys even watch football.. come on Jackets D gives up 10 less pts in regulation than the daunting Graham D. OT in college and HS is catered to the Offenses, the pts tend to be a little inflated and in no way indicative of how the D played the entire game and if you watch enough football no matter how good a D you have this happens a lot when teams go into OT and are lined up in the red zone to start every possession! JS.
Thank you

slingshot
11-16-2014, 01:29 AM
Do you guys even watch football.. come on Jackets D gives up 10 less pts in regulation than the daunting Graham D. OT in college and HS is catered to the Offenses, the pts tend to be a little inflated and in no way indicative of how the D played the entire game and if you watch enough football no matter how good a D you have this happens a lot when teams go into OT and are lined up in the red zone to start every possession! JS.Sooo... you're excited to only give up 35 in regulation? I guess after giving up 50 and 64 it sounds pretty good.

here4Villa
11-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Sooo... you're excited to only give up 35 in regulation? I guess after giving up 50 and 64 it sounds pretty good.

Who gives a crap what the stats are for this game. A "W" is a "W" and your approval or acceptance isn't needed. Go troll somewhere else.

slingshot
11-16-2014, 01:47 AM
Who gives a crap what the stats are for this game. A "W" is a "W" and your approval or acceptance isn't needed. Go troll somewhere else.Troll? Funny coming from a NEWB! Some of you Ville guys crack me up! Take it back to your own website where no one can question Stephenville's defense or any other things about the team--this site is open to all views and opinions.

here4Villa
11-16-2014, 01:52 AM
Lol @ "newb" that's funny! I guess your right tho. It is open to everyone's opinions, even if they are terrible opinions on a great game.

slingshot
11-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Lol @ "newb" that's funny! I guess your right tho. It is open to everyone's opinions, even if they are terrible opinions on a great game.Let's see--you registered this month and have 26 posts=NEWB. Never said it wasn't a great game, certainly sounds like it was very entertaining. Just pointing out IMHO there wasn't much defense played, a recurring theme for Stephenville this year. BTW--time to let this thread die and move on to next week--and I did pick S'Ville to win, I'm out...

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 01:39 PM
Let's see--you registered this month and have 26 posts=NEWB. Never said it wasn't a great game, certainly sounds like it was very entertaining. Just pointing out IMHO there wasn't much defense played, a recurring theme for Stephenville this year. BTW--time to let this thread die and move on to next week--and I did pick S'Ville to win, I'm out...

Since us "Ville guys" crack you up so much I'll tell you what cracks me up. I find it absolutely hillarious (and by that I mean ridiculous) that there seems to be this unofficial ranking/hierarchy/pecking order or whatever you want to call it based on how many times someone has posted. So....I'll

jacket98,99
start

jacket98,99
posting

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 01:40 PM

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 01:40 PM
this.

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Sweet! I'm up to 83! I feel smarter already!

hollywood
11-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Sweet! I'm up to 82! I feel smarter already!

Newbie! :wave:

caleb_mccaig
11-16-2014, 02:08 PM
I live in Stephenville and even I can admit that Stephenville's defense is God awful. I don't understand it because I think they have good players, but they are honestly one of the worst units I've seen in my young life. If you can't see that then you likely have a child playing on that side of the ball or are just a ridiculous homer.

A win is a win, but giving up the amount of points S-ville does every week won't work forever.

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Newbie! :wave:

You're not helping

jacket98,99
11-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I live in Stephenville and even I can admit that Stephenville's defense is God awful. I don't understand it because I think they have good players, but they are honestly one of the worst units I've seen in my young life. If you can't see that then you likely have a child playing on that side of the ball or are just a ridiculous homer.

A win is a win, but giving up the amount of points S-ville does every week won't work forever.

Agreed. I think one thing that has hurt the Ville defense the most is just simple lack of speed. The strength is there, the intelligence is there, the determination is there, just a lot of times they're just getting out run.

hollywood
11-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Agreed. I think one thing that has hurt the Ville defense the most is just simple lack of speed. The strength is there, the intelligence is there, the determination is there, just a lot of times they're just getting out run.

Angles and assignments. It's all about angles and assignments. Enough team speed is there. I know this.. They've got a little makeover the past 3 weeks. It's helped. Against Wylie, the unit played much better. Then last week they went against a very good high tempo offense and yes, allowed 38 in 4 qtrs of play but it wasn't all the defenses fault. The offense turned the ball over on the 1 foot line and gift wrapped Decatur 7 pts. Then the turnover on Decaturs goaline going in for a TD. It is what it is but from what I've seen, they have gotten better over the last 3 weeks. One important key is the defense has gone to more simple schemes. Back to basic reads and playing with killer instinct. A side note... Stephenville has gone up against more explosive offenses this season up to this point of the season than the last 2 seasons IMO. I look for them to have a better game against Estacado this week.

the Ville 89
11-16-2014, 10:38 PM

The fact that you live in Stephenville means nothing. You are from China Spring. I do believe for you to say that the defense is God awful is very disrespectful. It's one thing to play the game as you state you have but knowing every aspect of the game is a different story and I don't believe you know as much as you claim to know. I do think that there are areas of the defense that are weak but to say it is God Awful is unacceptable. Stick to writing stories and taking pictures for the local newspaper youngster.

Dawgs
11-16-2014, 10:47 PM
Angles and assignments. It's all about angles and assignments. Enough team speed is there. I know this.. They've got a little makeover the past 3 weeks. It's helped. Against Wylie, the unit played much better. Then last week they went against a very good high tempo offense and yes, allowed 38 in 4 qtrs of play but it wasn't all the defenses fault. The offense turned the ball over on the 1 foot line and gift wrapped Decatur 7 pts. Then the turnover on Decaturs goaline going in for a TD. It is what it is but from what I've seen, they have gotten better over the last 3 weeks. One important key is the defense has gone to more simple schemes. Back to basic reads and playing with killer instinct. A side note... Stephenville has gone up against more explosive offenses this season up to this point of the season than the last 2 seasons IMO. I look for them to have a better game against Estacado this week.

Anybody saying the defense at Ville is good or even average is a delusional homer. When you give up the kind of numbers Ville gives up it is quite obvious they are below average. They just gave up 64 points!! I don't care how many OT, 64 is 64. Like I said somebody is going to beat Ville by 40 real soon.

Smitty
11-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Anybody saying the defense at Ville is good or even average is a delusional homer. When you give up the kind of numbers Ville gives up it is quite obvious they are below average. They just gave up 64 points!! I don't care how many OT, 64 is 64. Like I said somebody is going to beat Ville by 40 real soon.

The Jacket defense is definitely having problems and they may get beat by someone, but Dawgs you are delusional if you think anyone beats them by 40. I guess I'm homer enough to believe in that Jacket offense.

Dawgs
11-16-2014, 11:08 PM
The Jacket defense is definitely having problems and they may get beat by someone, but Dawgs you are delusional if you think anyone beats them by 40. I guess I'm homer enough to believe in that Jacket offense.

Ok maybe 21. They got beat by 40 last year, or 38 technically.

garciap77
11-16-2014, 11:09 PM
Sweet! I'm up to 83! I feel smarter already!

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

hollywood
11-17-2014, 07:58 AM

Dawgs, this defense is not terrible. They struggle on 3rd down and 4th down big plays against pretty dang salty offenses. Their offense is good enough to beat anyone. It's like saying Carthage's offense is terrible. When you know good and well they have gotten better and have potential. You're comical

Dawgs
11-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Dawgs, this defense is not terrible. They struggle on 3rd down and 4th down big plays against pretty dang salty offenses. Their offense is good enough to beat anyone. It's like saying Carthage's offense is terrible. When you know good and well they have gotten better and have potential. You're comical

Im prolly a little comical, but I'm not delusional. Their offense is not good enough to beat anybody. They just got beat by Wylie who only scored 21 points. Ville was held scoreless until late in the 4th. I will say you guys have a knack for winning big games and coming up big at the end of games. That comes from kids buying in from early in and believing they can and will win. I love that about the Ville program. What I don't love is blind homerism. That's what you and 70% of the Ville posters display. Carthage offense is not very good. Plain and simple. Our execution lacks, and we struggle on 3rd and 4th down. We have made some great strides this season on execution and catching the ball, but still have a below average offense IMHO. But to compare a defense that has given up 50 multiple times this year is reaching. If you don't want to use the term terrible for HS kids than I understand. I said they were far below average, and I stand by that. Historically bad as far as points given up in a season at Stephenville? I wouldn't be surprised...

the Ville 89
11-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Im prolly a little comical, but I'm not delusional. Their offense is not good enough to beat anybody. They just got beat by Wylie who only scored 21 points. Ville was held scoreless until late in the 4th. I will say you guys have a knack for winning big games and coming up big at the end of games. That comes from kids buying in from early in and believing they can and will win. I love that about the Ville program. What I don't love is blind homerism. That's what you and 70% of the Ville posters display. Carthage offense is not very good. Plain and simple. Our execution lacks, and we struggle on 3rd and 4th down. We have made some great strides this season on execution and catching the ball, but still have a below average offense IMHO. But to compare a defense that has given up 50 multiple times this year is reaching. If you don't want to use the term terrible for HS kids than I understand. I said they were far below average, and I stand by that. Historically bad as far as points given up in a season at Stephenville? I wouldn't be surprised...

Can't we all just agree to disagree? Geez!!!

hollywood
11-17-2014, 10:27 AM

I've watched Stephenville teams for over 2 decades. This years defense isn't the worst performing. And just by looking at stats and scores from afar, I can see how one may think this years defense is below average. But I will say that this years D plays hard, fast and tough. The key factor in my opinion that this unit has struggled with is consistency during a game... earlier in the season it was week to week. Now it's mostly very solid through out the course of each game. There's just those moments when they've got a team backed up 3rd and long then a big play is allowed. Sometimes a first down to keep a drive alive or goes for a TD. That's a discipline mistake. Now to add, this years defense has played more explosive offenses over the course of the season up to this point more so than in most seasons and even the SC 2012 season. So numbers are skewed. I will say that this defense isn't the calibar the 2012 defense was but not far behind. I guess I'm an optimist having seen the potential this unit could be. It could happen in the matter of one game where everything clicks. The athletes are there. One other factor I will throw out there for ya Dawgs... the Ville QB Stidham is a key cog in the offense from all factors of the game from leadership, talent and football IQ. I bet the Ville offense has been held and forced to punt more in the last 3 games than all the other games combined this season. Two reasons... one, the play calling is more conservative do to Stidham being out. What this does if gives defenses more ammo to blitz. Without the threat of Stidham, the dual threat QB is taken away. Chavy has a great arm but not near as mobile as Stidham. Defenses can key on the RB Kaegun Williams and put more pressure on the QB. Two, the QB Chavy doesn't have the same skill set and knowledge of the game as Stidham. He's done a damn good job up to this point but just not the same... and everyone realizes that. And everyone appreciates what the coaches and Chavy has been able to do. Really pleased. You have to go with what you got and I'm glad we have Chavy. So with that, Stephenville's teams are designed so that the offense is part of the defense. At least that's how I see it and they way it appears. An unstoppable offense is the best defense. Well, it happened in 2013 when Stidham was injured before the Kilgore game and again this season. When the key cog of what your system appears to be built around isn't a factor, well it puts a LOT of pressure on your defense who now has to step up and not have to count on your offense to score just about every possession. It is what it is. If Stephenville wanted to build around a very solid defense and just hope you can control the clock and win games, different personnel would by on defense, I could guarantee you that. But it's the opposite and I like it. So go drowned in your sorrows this season and worry about El Campo. Carthage has their hands full with them this week. Good luck. I bet Stephenville makes it further than Carthage this season. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

:taunt:

JVDAD
11-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Isn't there a game this week to fight about?

D'Highlander
11-17-2014, 10:34 AM
Can't we all just agree to disagree? Geez!!!

Someone needs a hug...

hollywood
11-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Isn't there a game this week to fight about?

:2thumbsup

toddg
11-17-2014, 11:43 AM
just wanted to be the last comment on this thread! ha!

hollywood
11-17-2014, 11:57 AM
just wanted to be the last comment on this thread! ha!

Thank you!

Case closed.

We're moving on!

Live to play another week!