PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Division 1 Winner?

Deuce
11-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Who fights their way to the semis?

defense51
11-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Wylie would have to be the favorite at this point with their defensive play, and Graham being a close second.

jason
11-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Wylie. And the don't play a game closer than 2 touchdowns.

toddg
11-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Wylie and Graham dont pour all their hopes into one player..somebody always steps up and keeps the train moving..plays a different position, or plays both ways..whatever it takes. Stephenville is much the same way, they just need to find a rythem without Stidham..going to be an interesting playoffs in this bracket!

briandumith*
11-09-2014, 08:02 PM
Well wonder who I am going for...Graham lol... Wylie is obviously very good..but I wonder....how far can you get with the two QB thing... Tom Landry said "If you got two quarterbacks then you don't have One" I can't go against Coach Landry... Graham..my choice!....like the thread..good job Deuce!

JVDAD
11-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Going with the Bulldogs on this one! It will be interesting to see how good Andrews really is.....

hollywood
11-09-2014, 08:39 PM
I think Wylie is the favorite at this point. If Stidham can make a healthy comeback and the Jackets are still in it, then Stephenville will be the toughest team in Reg 1. I'll be honest, at this point, Wylie is the best 4A team I've seen play this season outside of the Jackets with a healthy Stidham. I've watched Brownwood several times, Graham twice, Argyle once, Springtown once and all the teams that played the Jackets. Wylie is beatable but it will take a heck of a game to beat them. QB play doesn't matter with all the other weapons they have on offense.

slingshot
11-09-2014, 08:52 PM
We are not running the two QB system anymore--J.T. has been the starter for the last 5 weeks or so... Tyler will come in a few plays for specific situations. J.T. has really matured and is playing much better--IMO he has figured out he doesn't have to win the game--just don't lose it. We have lots of weapons and are getting Kleffner (our leading rusher for the 1st 4 games) back. Should be at full strength or very close to it going into the playoffs. The biggest thing is we seem to have got a handle on the turnover bug that plagued us the first few games. Really like how our team is playing right now--I knew they had this potential at the start of the season but wasn't sure they could reach it after the 2 turnover filled games against Graham (5) and Argyle (6). Seem to be hitting on 7.5-8 cylinders right now--peaking at the right time. Not saying we will win it all but we will be very tough to beat in the playoffs with our defense, size, depth, coaching and tradition. Go 'Dawgs!

briandumith*
11-09-2014, 09:09 PM
We are not running the two QB system anymore--J.T. has been the starter for the last 5 weeks or so... Tyler will come in a few plays for specific situations. J.T. has really matured and is playing much better--IMO he has figured out he doesn't have to win the game--just don't lose it. We have lots of weapons and are getting Kleffner (our leading rusher for the 1st 4 games) back. Should be at full strength or very close to it going into the playoffs. The biggest thing is we seem to have got a handle on the turnover bug that plagued us the first few games. Really like how our team is playing right now--I knew they had this potential at the start of the season but wasn't sure they could reach it after the 2 turnover filled games against Graham (5) and Argyle (6). Seem to be hitting on 7.5-8 cylinders right now--peaking at the right time. Not saying we will win it all but we will be very tough to beat in the playoffs with our defense, size, depth, coaching and tradition. Go 'Dawgs!

:2thumbsup

hollywood
11-09-2014, 09:15 PM
If Stephenville isn't the Reg 1 winner this season, I hope either Wylie or Graham is and would lean towards a Wylie vs Argyle rematch in the semis. That would be an all out slugfest and would plan to be in attendance.

Deuce
11-10-2014, 08:40 AM
I of course voted for Graham, but Wylie has to be the favorite at this point. Strange things happen in the playoffs though!

gully81
11-17-2014, 04:45 AM
Graham
Wylie close 2nd