PDA

View Full Version : GAINESVILLE WILL WIN D-1

cc700
11-04-2003, 10:00 AM
IVE SEEN ALOT OF 3A TEAMS PLAY THIS YEAR.GAINESVILLE IS BY FAR THE BEST TEAM IN 3A.THE TEAMS GOING D-1 WILL FIND OUT.IM NOT A GAINESVILLE FAN.BUT I MUST SAY THEY ARE FUN TO WATCH.

cunbed10
11-04-2003, 10:02 AM
I think this post will get alot of flack from Burnet!

Reveille
11-04-2003, 10:12 AM
I like your spunk, but you have at least six more games before you can really make that kind of boast. There are several other teams that might have something to say about your statement, including Burnit, durnit.

3afan
11-04-2003, 10:21 AM
cc700:
IVE SEEN ALOT OF 3A TEAMS PLAY THIS YEAR.GAINESVILLE IS BY FAR THE BEST TEAM IN 3A.THE TEAMS GOING D-1 WILL FIND OUT.IM NOT A GAINESVILLE FAN.BUT I MUST SAY THEY ARE FUN TO WATCH..
WHICH teams have you seen play? Have you seen the contenders in each region? if not ............

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

cc700
11-04-2003, 10:31 AM
IVE SEEN NEWTON GAINESVILLE BURNET CELINA FORNEY ALL GREAT TEAMS BUT I JUST THINK GAINESVILLE IS BETTER THAN ANY TEAM IN THE STATE.I KNOW THERE ARE ALOT OF BURNET FANS ON HERE BUT BELIEVE ME IF YOU GUYS PLAY THEM YOU WILL SEE FOR YOUR SELF.

bd0707
11-04-2003, 10:34 AM
cc700, which Burnet game did you see?

sphinx1906
11-04-2003, 10:43 AM
Thanks for putting Newton and Celina in that catagory but I am afraid that they would never meet up with Gainsville in the playoffs. Gainsville will be D-1 and these two will be D-2. Thanks for the compliment though.

LineCoach
11-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Forney is a machine. I am pretty sure you scrimmaged them and handled them when you did. I have seen them more recently and they are really rolling. I haven't seen Gainesville, but I have heard they are salty. I still think Forney will end up winning region II, but who knows anything can happen. That's why they play the games.

big3afan
11-04-2003, 11:31 AM
Burnet, Forney or Everman may have something to say about Gainsville winning it all

MonkeyJoe
11-04-2003, 11:51 AM
big3afan:
Burnet, Forney or Everman may have something to say about Gainsville winning it allexactly, Gainesville has got to have the hardest road to travel to the state title...
1st round north lamer...ok win by 40 pts...
then lindale of pleasent grove , simple enuff, but no overconrident
then it gets hard when you have to play forney
then everman, then burnet !!
are you kidding me...?
lets take this thing one game at a time and not worry about anything else...

G'villeFan
11-04-2003, 11:58 AM
I don’t know about the rest of yall but the match up that I would like to see is Everman vs. Gainesville. Matt328 knows the love hate relationship that we have between these 2 schools. With them being out of region 2 now this may be one of the few times we get to play them again.

jason
11-04-2003, 12:12 PM
bd0707:
cc700, which Burnet game did you see?he didnt...hes just sayin that...

Chris Hart
11-04-2003, 06:41 PM
MonkeyJoe:

big3afan:
Burnet, Forney or Everman may have something to say about Gainsville winning it allexactly, Gainesville has got to have the hardest road to travel to the state title...
1st round north lamer...ok win by 40 pts...
then lindale of pleasent grove , simple enuff, but no overconrident
then it gets hard when you have to play forney
then everman, then burnet !!
are you kidding me...?
lets take this thing one game at a time and not worry about anything else...Burnet's road sure ain't no cakewalk. If Burnet were to make state, their probable matchups are as follows.

Somerset
Cuero
Sinton
Jasper/Bellville
Everman/Gainesville/Forney
OUCH!

<small>[ November 04, 2003, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

29x281
11-04-2003, 07:40 PM
Burnet's road...

Somerset
Wharton
Sinton
Waco Connally
Forney

Just my opinion.

BigDog
11-04-2003, 10:39 PM
Who all has Gainsville played outside of District play. Any team has a chance once you get to the 3rd round of the playoffs. The team with the experience, heart, desire, and execution ususally finds a way to pull out the tough games.

MonkeyJoe
11-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Gainesville played a pretty easy non-district...

Wichta Falls Hirschi W 34-0
Bonham W 30-0
Lake Worth W 36-7
Burkburnett W 40-7
Bridgeport W 56-0

cc700
11-04-2003, 10:45 PM
all of gainesvilles non district games where aginst 4a teams.but most where not great 4a teams.but they have only have 38 points scored on them all year .there running back scores on every 5 times he touches the ball.

BigDog
11-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Looking at the non-district games that is a very weak schedule. I'm not sure of WF record but the others combined record is 10-28. I realize you play who is lined up in front of you and Gainsville has taken care of business in those games. I agree Gainsville has a strong team and will be tough match for anyone down the road, but, to come out with the statement they are the best 3A school with that schedule is a bit to much.

Keith7
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
BigDog:
Looking at the non-district games that is a very weak schedule. I'm not sure of WF record but the others combined record is 10-28. I realize you play who is lined up in front of you and Gainsville has taken care of business in those games. I agree Gainsville has a strong team and will be tough match for anyone down the road, but, to come out with the statement they are the best 3A school with that schedule is a bit to much.The thing about our non-district schedule, is that we just kept the same non-district schedule we had the previous year like most teams.. and last year those teams were sopposed to be pretty good, like Bonham used to be a huge rival of Gainesville, Lake worth was 10-1 the year before, bridgeport was ranked in state, and burkburnet was a play off team the year before.. so at 1 time it wasnt such a weak schedule..

cc700
11-04-2003, 11:06 PM
ive seen alot of top3a teams and who ever plays them will see.trust me

Everman01Grad.
11-05-2003, 01:26 AM
Well this is an interesting post...But look i know im stepping out on a limb here but if everman gets knocked out before state or forney...chances are Burnets got the D1 in the bagg. Trust me theyre out to prove something...Gainsville Goodluck though. Looking real good this season.

SintonFan
11-05-2003, 03:40 AM
Everman looks down this year but do not count them out. They are still the defending champs and have EARNED their respect. Gainesville is looking really good but as has been said, they have a really tough road. It's gonna be a great playoff year. Good luck to all! :cool:

jason
11-05-2003, 08:29 AM
Everman01Grad.:
Well this is an interesting post...But look i know im stepping out on a limb here but if everman gets knocked out before state or forney...chances are Burnets got the D1 in the bagg. Trust me theyre out to prove something...Gainsville Goodluck though. Looking real good this season.Forney and Gainesville have better chances to win than Everman...Everman would be an easier game for Burnet than Forney or Gainesville....

MonkeyJoe
11-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Everman has R1 in the bag...
Burnet has R4 in the bag...
R2 is between Gainesville & Forney...
R3 will prolly end up being Bellville or Jasper..

surfspike
11-05-2003, 11:28 PM
MonkeyJoe:
Everman has R1 in the bag...
Burnet has R4 in the bag...
R2 is between Gainesville & Forney...
R3 will prolly end up being Bellville or Jasper..sounds about right.

Keith7
10-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by cc700
IVE SEEN ALOT OF 3A TEAMS PLAY THIS YEAR.GAINESVILLE IS BY FAR THE BEST TEAM IN 3A.THE TEAMS GOING D-1 WILL FIND OUT.IM NOT A GAINESVILLE FAN.BUT I MUST SAY THEY ARE FUN TO WATCH.

hey you may be banned.. and this is almost a year old.. but congrats on your prediction

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 12:58 PM
I think CC700 is experiencing a little Deja Vu there, Keith.

Keith7
10-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I think CC700 is experiencing a little Deja Vu there, Keith.

this thread is from last year... i just pulled it up so i can relive the memories

Bullaholic
10-20-2004, 01:22 PM
I'd just as soon not "relive" that 56-0 Bridgeport score, Keith.
Looks like the Leopards have got it turned around this season, they look good for D1 playoffs. Who would they draw from District 5 in the first round? Pilot Point should make D2 playoffs if they beat Pottsboro and Bowie. Then I don't think the Sanger game will matter. I'm sure PPHSfan will let us know for sure.