PDA

View Full Version : Carthage Bulldawgs

Dawgs
11-09-2014, 12:10 PM
These young men are starting to believe they can win. We have more freshman playing on varsity than I ever remember at Carthage. Our sophomores and juniors have gained great experience this season, and some of those tough losses and beat downs early in the season gave the boys a bad taste and they worked hard to overcome a tough season. Now we are co-district champs an are gaining confidence at the right time. Our defense is on the verge of being really dang good. Out line play is much improved and once agian our strong suit. We are down to the 4th and 5th string RB, and I'm pretty sure we will have a freshman QB starting our playoff game. We are still learning and at times making uncharacteristc mistakes but we are moving in the right direction. Surratt is unbelievable coach and we are lucky to have him. No matter what happens the rest of the way these boys have alot to be proud of. They could have folded up along time ago, but they kept working. We are a dangerous young team with a solid defense and strong in the trenches. We are going to be a tough out.

Btw if anybody wants to come to our playoff game they will get a preview of the 2016 and 2017 back to back state champions!! <<< had to make a little homer statement to end it!!

Leopardfan201
11-09-2014, 02:22 PM
El Campo doesn't want to play carthage in round 2 I wouldn't want too

speedbump
11-09-2014, 02:30 PM

Oh,BULL SH__

Dawgs
11-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh,BULL SH__

I'm sure that El Campo is not worried about playing Carthage. Carthage needs to worry about our 1st round game. Our boys will be happy to make it to the 2nd round.

Weebe
11-09-2014, 02:54 PM

You must not have made the El Campo-La Grange scrimmage.

Leopardfan201
11-09-2014, 03:39 PM
I didn't see it but a Scrimmage dnt mean nothing I bet if they played it would be a hell of a game

Pudlugger
11-09-2014, 03:46 PM
You must not have made the El Campo-La Grange scrimmage.

Oh please? a scrimmage? Is that all you have? Lolzzzzzz

toddg
11-09-2014, 05:05 PM

i just like the GREAT PYRENEES dog in your sig!!

lostaussie
11-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Practice...... you talking about PRACTICE:D

Aesculus gilmus
11-09-2014, 08:43 PM
I knew Carthage would get better as the season went along. They always do.

j_dog
11-09-2014, 10:43 PM
I knew Carthage would get better as the season went along. They always do.

For sure!

bird_fan
11-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Oh,BULL SH__

the Ricebirds are not intimadated by anyone they play...
There are a lot of La Grange peeps that are just El Campo haters and it apparent in their posts because if they have anything to Say about the Ricebirds it isnt going to be good. So ho hum let them hate.

bird_fan
11-09-2014, 10:49 PM
also letme say I have th most respect ffor the Carthage Program.. Most everyone would like to enjoy their sucess and Coach Surrat (sorry im sure I mispelled his name) is an awesome coach and has done quit a job there. But still were not intimidated by them

Snotbubbles
11-09-2014, 11:22 PM
also letme say I have th most respect ffor the Carthage Program.. Most everyone would like to enjoy their sucess and Coach Surrat (sorry im sure I mispelled his name) is an awesome coach and has done quit a job there. But still were not intimidated by them

You got his name spelled about as close as the other words.

Pudlugger
11-10-2014, 09:34 AM
the Ricebirds are not intimadated by anyone they play...
There are a lot of La Grange peeps that are just El Campo haters and it apparent in their posts because if they have anything to Say about the Ricebirds it isnt going to be good. So ho hum let them hate.

Haters? Really? Poor Bird_fan people from La Grange are being mean to El Campo's football team. What are you like junior high? Posters have no duty to cheer for your team on this board. Actually I've been very supportive of EC this season until this thread. Leopardfan201 is entitled to his opinion just as everyone else on the board.

waterboy
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Carthage is one those type of teams that can be a little scary to play once they get on a roll. They may not do it this year, but next year and the year after, they will be on everybody's radar for sure.

Pudlugger
11-10-2014, 11:15 AM
i just like the GREAT PYRENEES dog in your sig!!

Yes he is really magnificent isn't he?

speedbump
11-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Yes he is really magnificent isn't he?

Yea, but mine is real and worked at the Whataburger.

Pudlugger
11-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Yea, but mine is real and worked at the Whataburger.

He is a handsome brute speedy. What was his capacity at Whataburger? Hamburger taster perhaps?

Weebe
11-10-2014, 12:32 PM

Are the scrimmage results more or less meaningful than leopardfan's speculation that El Campo is somehow afraid to play Carthage?

Dawgs
11-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Are the scrimmage results more or less meaningful than leopardfan's speculation that El Campo is somehow afraid to play Carthage?

You El Campo hands sure do get ur panties in a wad easily. Must be little mans syndrome or something.

speedbump
11-10-2014, 08:07 PM
You El Campo hands sure do get ur panties in a wad easily. Must be little mans syndrome or something.

The ''little man" will be waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9cVNAQnqCc&index=1&list=FLgJRnk_tsaEep_Y-fxALQSg

regaleagle
11-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Carthage is one those type of teams that can be a little scary to play once they get on a roll. They may not do it this year, but next year and the year after, they will be on everybody's radar for sure.

We ain't got no radar in Argyle yet. We're still working on gittin' some of them fancy bleachers like you Gilmerites set on every home game. And them Carthegenians have that fancy video replay scoreboard over at their place.....probably complete with radar and piped in music. If ya hear about em doing pretty good next season, just send us your game film after y'all's annual battle and that should do just fine.:D

lostaussie
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
We ain't got no radar in Argyle yet. We're still working on gittin' some of them fancy bleachers like you Gilmerites set on every home game. And them Carthegenians have that fancy video replay scoreboard over at their place.....probably complete with radar and piped in music. If ya hear about em doing pretty good next season, just send us your game film after y'all's annual battle and that should do just fine.:D

Hell yes. Sat in them twice this year:-( This traveling road show is hitting the pavement again Friday. Hopefully 5 more Fridays

Dawgs
11-10-2014, 11:18 PM
The ''little man" will be waiting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9cVNAQnqCc&index=1&list=FLgJRnk_tsaEep_Y-fxALQSg

Hahaha...you guys are still holding on to that win for dear life! Again congrats on the win. That was an average Carthage team, and it was y'all's biggest win in El Campo history. It would be a sad month in El Campo if a 5-5 team sent them airing up basketballs! Both need to take care of business this week. In Carthage this season we aren't taking anything for granted. I will be happy if we make it to the 2nd round.

Dawgs
11-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter cause Sota is sending either home in the 3rd round.

HEMOTOXIC
11-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Honestly it doesn't matter cause Sota is sending either home in the 3rd round.

We'll see Dawgs. According to some, Navasota has played a week schedule.. Meaning... well, we shall see..

Good luck to the Carthage Bulldogs. We'd love a rematch.

Speaking of, I think that the all time series it tied 1-1 or is it 2-1 in favor of Carthage?

OldBison75
11-11-2014, 12:13 AM
El Campo can talk about weak schedules but there is an interesting fact----El Campo's opponent won loss record is 47-54.

Navasota opponent record is 42-51. Note that Navasota has less because Nuevo Leon only played 4 games that are recorded on their record and Furr only played 9 games because of a scheduled opponent school being shut down by HISD.

Neither schedule looks very strong using just the numbers does it. I will say that the Rattlers have had a pretty easy schedule overall, but it is still impressive that they have outscored opponents like 638-58. That tells me strong offense, strong defense, and they don't let down no matter the quality of the opponent.

We will be ready for all comers. We may not win the SC, but whoever beats us will know they were in a war for sure.

Weebe
11-11-2014, 12:23 AM
El Campo can talk about weak schedules but there is an interesting fact----El Campo's opponent won loss record is 47-54.

Navasota opponent record is 42-51. Note that Navasota has less because Nuevo Leon only played 4 games that are recorded on their record and Furr only played 9 games because of a scheduled opponent school being shut down by HISD.

Neither schedule looks very strong using just the numbers does it. I will say that the Rattlers have had a pretty easy schedule overall, but it is still impressive that they have outscored opponents like 638-58. That tells me strong offense, strong defense, and they don't let down no matter the quality of the opponent.

We will be ready for all comers. We may not win the SC, but whoever beats us will know they were in a war for sure.

No one from El Campo has said anything about Navasota having a weak schedule.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 07:39 AM
No one from El Campo has said anything about Navasota having a weak schedule.

He stands corrected. The person is from La Grange, this time.

OldBison75
11-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Sorry Weebe. The point I as trying to make is that several people on this board, and on the sideline to sideline shows have discussed the Navasota schedule and implied that we may not be that good because of weak competition. I was pointing out that there are other teams that are highly regarded that also have played a relatively weak schedule and are not being questioned in the same way.

I have watched Navasota Rattler football for over 30 years and can tell you that this team has more potential than any team I have seen, including the 2012 State Championship team. The offense is more balanced and can hurt you with the run or pass. The defense is faster and there may not be the super player like Jordon Wells was, but there are several players that have stepped up to have 21 QB sacks on the year. There have also been 58 tackles for loss in ten games. The best part of this team is that because so many players have played and contributed, the skill level of the backups shows no drop in production from the starters. The starting defense has given up only four touchdowns all year.

In the playoffs anything can happen and every team I playing what may be their last game every week.

HEMOTOXIC
11-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Sorry for hijacking the Carthage thread.

Good Luck to the Bulldawgs. We hope to get our rematch.

speedbump
11-11-2014, 05:18 PM
Hahaha...you guys are still holding on to that win for dear life! Again congrats on the win. That was an average Carthage team, and it was y'all's biggest win in El Campo history. It would be a sad month in El Campo if a 5-5 team sent them airing up basketballs! Both need to take care of business this week. In Carthage this season we aren't taking anything for granted. I will be happy if we make it to the 2nd round.

LOL Get over yourself. Sure it was a big win. It sent us to the SC game but who we beat had nothing to do with it and it certainly wasn't the biggest win in our history. Take care of your business,load up the bus and come see if the big man syndrome works for you this time.

itmoney100
11-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Don't forget about the indoor practice facility

itmoney100
11-11-2014, 09:54 PM

Don't forget about the indoor practice facility

Dawgs
11-12-2014, 02:50 AM
LOL Get over yourself. Sure it was a big win. It sent us to the SC game but who we beat had nothing to do with it and it certainly wasn't the biggest win in our history. Take care of your business,load up the bus and come see if the big man syndrome works for you this time.

You still don't get it. I and most other Carthge fans are well over ourselves. We will be considered underdogs in every playoffs game with the exception of round 1. If that wasn't the biggest win in El Campo history what was? Have y'all ever beat a team in the middle of a run like Carthage was on to go to the state championship? Have y'all ever been to the state championship before? I'm just wondering. As far as us taking care if business those boys that got beat by El Campo went back and won state the next year. They already finished there business. This is a much different year. It's brought everybody back down to earth, but gave us great hope of state champions in the coming years.

Dawgs
11-12-2014, 02:56 AM
Sorry for hijacking the Carthage thread.

Good Luck to the Bulldawgs. We hope to get our rematch.

You didn't hijack the thread. It was started to get everybody a little stirred up! Look forward to seeing the Rattlers in person this season. We will have to take care of business to do so first. Obviously I will be rooting for my Dawgs of that happens, but I have been rooting for Sota all year. I like the way you guys play ball over there. I like seeing teams be able to play offense and defense!!

Aesculus gilmus
11-12-2014, 08:22 AM
Sorry Weebe. The point I as trying to make is that several people on this board, and on the sideline to sideline shows have discussed the Navasota schedule and implied that we may not be that good because of weak competition. I was pointing out that there are other teams that are highly regarded that also have played a relatively weak schedule and are not being questioned in the same way.

If "other teams" includes Gilmer, I for one am willing to admit I have no idea how the Buckeyes will do in the playoffs and it is BECAUSE OF the horrendously weak schedule. I hope not, but I could easily see Gilmer exiting the playoffs in the third round, same as last year. I hope I'm wrong.

buckeyebob
11-12-2014, 08:45 AM

Tatum has a bigger scoreboard...they are the Carthage Farm Squad.

OldBison75
11-12-2014, 11:03 AM
If "other teams" includes Gilmer, I for one am willing to admit I have no idea how the Buckeyes will do in the playoffs and it is BECAUSE OF the horrendously weak schedule. I hope not, but I could easily see Gilmer exiting the playoffs in the third round, same as last year. I hope I'm wrong.

I am as big a homer fan as anyone, but to be realistic there are at least four teams in Region 3 Division 1 that have a realistic chance to win the region. In Division 2 I think there are five teams that could win it. Navasota and Gilmer should win the divisions in my opinion, but I am not betting the farm on it. I know how dangerous teams like Carthage, El Campo, West Columbia, and Jasper can be in any game, especially playoffs. And anyone that overlooks Henderson and Chapel Hill could get a lesson in humility.

At this point in the season, all I can say is that everybody still playing is 0-0 and it is a new season of one and done weeks. A team can make a bad year a successful year by winning a few games and that will make anyone a dangerous team to face. I expect a few upsets this week, and after this week the competition will get pretty tough for my Rattlers. I hope we get far enough to have another game with Carthage because they are a quality program with great kids and fans.

bird_fan
11-12-2014, 02:51 PM
You still don't get it. I and most other Carthge fans are well over ourselves. We will be considered underdogs in every playoffs game with the exception of round 1. If that wasn't the biggest win in El Campo history what was? Have y'all ever beat a team in the middle of a run like Carthage was on to go to the state championship? Have y'all ever been to the state championship before? I'm just wondering. As far as us taking care if business those boys that got beat by El Campo went back and won state the next year. They already finished there business. This is a much different year. It's brought everybody back down to earth, but gave us great hope of state champions in the coming years.

LOL some you guys are a piece of work for sure... Sounds like you already have us beat like you did in 2012 when swome Carthage fan said we should just forfiet the game and save ourself the embrassment of being blown out in the semi final game. Whats so funny is we dont know for sure both of us will make the second round But I am cofident enough to sxpect us to win.. even at 5-5 i think Carthage will be a challenge aand shouldnt be over looked. They have one best and most sucessful programs in Texas.. Anytime you lose in the playoffs it isnt a happy day. Hopefully will see you guys in a week or some and hopefully EC will win again. annd by the way EC HAS BEEN TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BEFORE IN 1967 That was 24 years before Carthage made the finals in 1991.. By the way look who A&M Cons. played at Bi district and we played them loser than you did.. Were jast as proud of our program as you are yours. Just as Navasota is proud of their program. And they should be. http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1311&S=1991

Dawgs
11-12-2014, 06:38 PM
LOL some you guys are a piece of work for sure... Sounds like you already have us beat like you did in 2012 when swome Carthage fan said we should just forfiet the game and save ourself the embrassment of being blown out in the semi final game. Whats so funny is we dont know for sure both of us will make the second round But I am cofident enough to sxpect us to win.. even at 5-5 i think Carthage will be a challenge aand shouldnt be over looked. They have one best and most sucessful programs in Texas.. Anytime you lose in the playoffs it isnt a happy day. Hopefully will see you guys in a week or some and hopefully EC will win again. annd by the way EC HAS BEEN TO THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME BEFORE IN 1967 That was 24 years before Carthage made the finals in 1991.. By the way look who A&M Cons. played at Bi district and we played them loser than you did.. Were jast as proud of our program as you are yours. Just as Navasota is proud of their program. And they should be. http://www.lonestarfootball.net/team.asp?T=1311&S=1991

You need to work on you comprehension skills. Not one Carthage poster has or will say any win this season is a for sure thing. No where has anybody said that we have y'all beat already or even implied that. Given the results this season that would be silly. The couple of rice bird fans that post on this site still have a chip on there shoulder cause everybody picked Carthage to beat them in 2012. Like I said it must be some sort of inferiority complex. Honestly Carthage gave that game away, but I have given props to EC many times. They seized the opportunities, and made the plays when it counted. Heck of a run game, and a heck of a defensive end. You guys have every right to be proud of your program. I haven't said or seen anybody else say anything negative about El Campo's program. Most people give them a lot of respect. The only problem is that EC posters on this site act like they have there feelings hurt cause EC is not mentioned in the same breath as the top tier programs in 4a.

speedbump
11-12-2014, 08:11 PM

Still struggling to understand how a win over Carthage wasn't the biggest win in our history, I see. That certainly points to someone that's over themselves. LOL
And yes we've been to a state championship before. We beat Seguin in the semi finals 21-14 in a nail biter that didn't have quite the same finish but was just as exciting and yes, a much bigger win in our history which by the way, has provided us with 639 wins to celebrate. Now let me tell you about a loss - the Birds loss to Manvel in the first round in 2011. When those guys walked of the field I'm pretty sure their were many like me,that were more full of pride for those kids the coaching staff and the school than many of those 639 wins provided. For me personally, more than any win over Carthage or anybody else.

When someone comes out of nowhere and says the ElCampo Ricebirds are scared to play somebody,it might cause a little reaction. And, when somebody else says that reaction is due to "little man syndrome" that might get a reaction too. LOL Good luck against LCM.

sk1
11-12-2014, 08:23 PM
Still struggling to understand how a win over Carthage wasn't the biggest win in our history, I see. That certainly points to someone that's over themselves. LOL
And yes we've been to a state championship before. We beat Seguin in the semi finals 21-14 in a nail biter that didn't have quite the same finish but was just as exciting and yes, a much bigger win in our history which by the way, has provided us with 639 wins to celebrate. Now let me tell you about a loss - the Birds loss to Manvel in the first round in 2011. When those guys walked of the field I'm pretty sure their were many like me,that were more full of pride for those kids the coaching staff and the school than many of those 639 wins provided. For me personally, more than any win over Carthage or anybody else.

When someone comes out of nowhere and says the ElCampo Ricebirds are scared to play somebody,it might cause a little reaction. And, when somebody else says that reaction is due to "little man syndrome" that might get a reaction too. LOL Good luck against LCM.

:ditto:

Dawgs
11-12-2014, 08:32 PM

We should have our hands full with LCM. Hopefully we will get to the 2nd round and get a rematch against EC.

Aguilafanatico
11-12-2014, 08:40 PM
We don't need an indoor facility in Argyle. Parents offer up their living rooms for practices each week when it gets cold. We just hang out in the bowling alley down the hall while they practice.

bird_fan
11-12-2014, 10:10 PM
You need to work on you comprehension skills. Not one Carthage poster has or will say any win this season is a for sure thing. No where has anybody said that we have y'all beat already or even implied that. Given the results this season that would be silly. The couple of rice bird fans that post on this site still have a chip on there shoulder cause everybody picked Carthage to beat them in 2012. Like I said it must be some sort of inferiority complex. Honestly Carthage gave that game away, but I have given props to EC many times. They seized the opportunities, and made the plays when it counted. Heck of a run game, and a heck of a defensive end. You guys have every right to be proud of your program. I haven't said or seen anybody else say anything negative about El Campo's program. Most people give them a lot of respect. The only problem is that EC posters on this site act like they have there feelings hurt cause EC is not mentioned in the same breath as the top tier programs in 4a.

my comprehension skills are fine LOL....The more I listen to you the more you remind me of Bay City fane a few years ago but thats ok. El Campo fan are used to being underated thats alway been the way it goes.. we strive to prove them wrong and are quite sucessful at it