PDA

View Full Version : RIO HONDO vs CUERO

ValleyCat
11-09-2014, 09:40 AM
RH last played Cuero in '06,'08, and '09. Going 0-3.

It'll be a daunting task to get a dubya against Cuero, but I'd like nothing more than to see RH put Cuero on notice....heck even squeak out a dubya against the Gobblers.

Offensively, Cuero is SMASHMOUTH.(Which I like.) Cuero has dared their opponents to stop them and only two have been able to do so.

Defensively, Cuero is disciplined. Hard hitting and create TOs.

RH:

Offensively, the 'Cats have had success running the ball this season behind a sizable OL. The last few seasons the 'Cats threw the ball more than ran it.

Defensively, the 'Cats D has only given up 192yds/game.

Cuero will be an opportunity to see where the 'Cats are as a program.

Best wishes to both teams.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Cuero 41-14

Gobblers offense has picked up the pace the last two games and also their defense.
Rio Hondo has a good hard hitting defense but I see it like Jourdanton that came in with allowing just 6 points a game going into district and wasn't prepared for the speed difference of the rest of district 15 and gave up almost 40 pts per game average.

Ranger354
11-09-2014, 01:26 PM
I would like nothing more then to see Rio Hondo knock off Cuero, but I don't see it happening.
Cuero by 40 at halftime.

Leopardfan201
11-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Cuero by 27

tango
11-09-2014, 02:41 PM
I would like nothing more then to see Rio Hondo knock off Cuero, but I don't see it happening.
Cuero by 40 at halftime.

Ah come on Ranger you know you would like to see Sinton and Cuero to meet up again in the payoffs.

GobblersUnite
11-09-2014, 03:50 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RkM8CGoIyBg

Here's the link to Gobblers final 5 games of the regular season.

tango
11-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Mods, will y'all merge this poll with existing RIO HONDO vs CUERO thread?

Ranger354
11-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Ah come on Ranger you know you would like to see Sinton and Cuero to meet up again in the payoffs.

It just might happen, but one game at a time......

44INAROW
11-09-2014, 09:08 PM

If it isn't merged by mid morning Monday, I will try to do it from the office

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ValleyCat
11-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Hmmm....if there was already a thread why make another one?? Anyway, nevermind. Let's talk football.

tango
11-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Hmmm....if there was already a thread why make another one?? Anyway, nevermind. Let's talk football.

The reason is for the mods to add this poll to existing thread.

ValleyCat
11-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Yea, I tried that, but I guess I don't have permission yet to add a poll to a thread.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-09-2014, 11:47 PM
Yea, I tried that, but I guess I don't have permission yet to add a poll to a thread.100 post and you have that now :)

44INAROW
11-10-2014, 09:42 AM

Pretty sure the threads are merged now..

region4fan
11-10-2014, 12:08 PM
I thought you had to have 100 to vote in a poll. It still hasnt let me

Mr. Football
11-10-2014, 12:16 PM
If Rio Hondo is a run team I don't see any problem with Cuero stopping them the run defense is good. I'm predicting D Hopkins will have another 200+ yard game. Cuero wins big

99IHSMustang
11-10-2014, 12:49 PM
If Cuero is clicking, they will probably win in a blowout.

Footballfan2000
11-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Cuero stops the run and takes this one. Cuero by 3 TD'S

Snotbubbles
11-10-2014, 01:44 PM
Gob's by a half a hundred, 56-6.

ValleyCat
11-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Gob's by a half a hundred, 56-6.

That's cute. I like the confidence by the way.

ValleyCat
11-10-2014, 04:15 PM
It's only Monday and it's gettin' hot in the kitchen. LOL. Two pages already. I guess I'm the only one in here. No matter, I can take the hits. Bring it Cuero!

bd62
11-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Cuero is starting to really play well. Hopkins is one of best overall backs
in state. Knew he was powerfull but his speed this year is amazing.

44INAROW
11-10-2014, 06:53 PM
It's only Monday and it's gettin' hot in the kitchen. LOL. Two pages already. I guess I'm the only one in here. No matter, I can take the hits. Bring it Cuero!

We're glad to have you Valley Cat :cool:Just FYI. Remember, it's not necessarily Cuero folks making the bold predictions. There are no gimme games in the playoffs :cool: Well, the WOS/Houston Scarborough is probably a gimme :smoker:

ValleyCat
11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
We're glad to have you Valley Cat. Just FYI. Remember, it's not necessarily Cuero folks making the bold predictions��. There are no gimme games in the playoffs.. Well, the WOS/Houston Scarborough is probably a gimme ����

10-4.

I've watched film on Cuero and what I do appreciate is how well-coached y'all are on both sides of the ball. Disciplined, coupled with a strong running game. OL/DL have great technique.

All indicators do point to Cuero being hard to get passed.

My 'Cats are just gonna have to tighten up that chin strap, line up, and see where the chips fall.

Cuero is a fine ball-club, no doubt.

Vernor,Martinez,Hopkins boys make it look easy.

Dawgfan64
11-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Hate to join the band wagon BUT...Cuero by a whole bunch to just a little for Rio Hondo. Hopkins gains another 300 yards by the third Q and then rests the entire 4th.

11TARPON
11-10-2014, 11:39 PM
I see RH defense being tough to run on. Cuero will have to pass.

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2014, 12:21 AM
I see RH defense being tough to run on. Cuero will have to pass.Nobody stopping Hopkins from getting his 200+ yards in a game on the ground

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 12:30 AM
I see RH defense being tough to run on. Cuero will have to pass.

The 'Cats D....has played well all season. The 'Cats offense haven't had that "near perfect" game all season. TOs have hindered the 'Cats all season and that's been the achilles heel....not protecting the football.

Offensively, 'Cats gotta take what little Cuero is gonna give.....be patient, keep the chains moving, protect the football, and execute ..... Cuero's D is disciplined and are textbook at what they do.

Cuero will be a daunting task, but the 'Cats should be up for the opportunity to play the Gobble Gobbles.

Leather has multiple weapons on offense....our secondary will be tested, no question. Man coverage will only spell disaster on crucial third and longs for the 'Cat D.

Hopkins fellas, Martinez, and Vernor get the bulk of the workload, but Gobblers have capable WRs too.

It's gonna be a fine football game.

GobblersUnite
11-11-2014, 08:07 AM
The 'Cats D....has played well all season. The 'Cats offense haven't had that "near perfect" game all season. TOs have hindered the 'Cats all season and that's been the achilles heel....not protecting the football.

Offensively, 'Cats gotta take what little Cuero is gonna give.....be patient, keep the chains moving, protect the football, and execute ..... Cuero's D is disciplined and are textbook at what they do.

Cuero will be a daunting task, but the 'Cats should be up for the opportunity to play the Gobble Gobbles.

Leather has multiple weapons on offense....our secondary will be tested, no question. Man coverage will only spell disaster on crucial third and longs for the 'Cat D.

Hopkins fellas, Martinez, and Vernor get the bulk of the workload, but Gobblers have capable WRs too.

It's gonna be a fine football game.

Do you know anywhere that has some footage of RH? Hudl only has a couple of games from late August and early September. Just curious...

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 09:42 AM
Do you know anywhere that has some footage of RH? Hudl only has a couple of games from late August and early September. Just curious...

yea, I don't like how our hudl page doesn't at least have season highlights.

Try Maxpreps...I found a few.

All I gotta say is the jet sweep won't work against Cuero. Geez, dem Turks have a knack for sniffing out any outside runs.

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Nobody stopping Hopkins from getting his 200+ yards in a game on the ground

He's gonna get his yards...just got to slow him down as best the 'Cats can.

Ranger354
11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Tackle #20 even if doesn't have the ball have a guy on him. If he doesn't have the ball tackle #21. That's the only way to stop Cuero. Like I mentioned before, I would love to see Rio Hondo come out of this on top, but I just don't see it happening.

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Tackle #20 even if doesn't have the ball have a guy on him. If he doesn't have the ball tackle #21. That's the only way to stop Cuero. Like I mentioned before, I would love to see Rio Hondo come out of this on top, but I just don't see it happening.

I'm not denying Cuero is a formidable opponent, but we'll see what transpires.

tango
11-11-2014, 04:39 PM
May be a miserable weather, current forecast is 50 percent chance of rain Friday with a high of 56 degrees.

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM
May be a miserable weather, current forecast is 50 percent chance of rain Friday with a high of 56 degrees.

Miserable? It's perfect football weather.

GobblersUnite
11-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Not for us...we're a finesse team!
:smoker:

Ranger354
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM

Finesse Team.... LMAO.... #20 left, #20 right, #20 up the middle on direct snap!!!!

44INAROW
11-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Finesse Team.... LMAO.... #20 left, #20 right, #20 up the middle on direct snap!!!!

nevermind - I can't figure out how to say what I want to say without it coming off wrong..

tango
11-11-2014, 06:06 PM

Ran with finesse!!

ValleyCat
11-11-2014, 08:08 PM

ha ha! You're poking my eyes...that's further from the truth. Good one tho.

Blue42
11-11-2014, 08:33 PM
I always worry when we play RH as they are one of the hardest hitting teams out there. They will gang tackle and put a lick on some kids not so worried about the win as getting some one hurt. If we can win by 1 pt and come out healthy it’s a good night.

Blue42
11-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Had to post again as my # looked bad

GobblersUnite
11-11-2014, 09:38 PM
There's really nothing better than this time of year...weather changing....deer season.... and Gobbler playoff football!

Corn Cob
11-11-2014, 09:51 PM
Based on what I can tell from this Ranger guys comments, he/she knows they were lucky beating Cuero earlier this year, and he/she fears a re-match.

GobblersUnite
11-11-2014, 10:25 PM
:stirpot:

Based on what I can tell from this Ranger guys comments, he/she knows they were lucky beating Cuero earlier this year, and he/she fears a re-match.

GobblersUnite
11-11-2014, 10:26 PM
:stirpot:

Them's be fightin words

1stnurseryman
11-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Them's be fightin words

Believe old cob may onto something. I've always wanted teams in our district to be successfully but then again it would be a tall order to beat Cuero twice in the same season... Only time will tell. Gobblers got to take it one game at a time.

Ranger354
11-11-2014, 10:39 PM

I am a HE and Sinton played solid 4 qtrs. of football against Cuero that night. You know Sinton did go very deep into the playoffs last year with many of the same starters. Sinton did beat a good Cuero team last year in the playoffs. And "had" Hopkins been in the entire game last year the out come "might" have been different.

Sinton has been banged up just like most teams. I am sure Cuero has a few starters out as well, but their main threat is Hopkins and his little brother. You contain them and you have a chance. Period!!!!

As far as being LUCKY ... I think you make your own luck. if players play to their potential they don't need luck.

I am not on that field playing either so what I say or think means nothing. I have a buddy that grew up in Cuero and plans to move back there soon I think. He and I always go back and forth with the sinton vs cuero match up. Good natured teasing.

1stnurseryman
11-11-2014, 10:45 PM
I am a HE and Sinton played solid 4 qtrs. of football against Cuero that night. You know Sinton did go very deep into the playoffs last year with many of the same starters. Sinton did beat a good Cuero team last year in the playoffs. And "had" Hopkins been in the entire game last year the out come "might" have been different.

Sinton has been banged up just like most teams. I am sure Cuero has a few starters out as well, but their main threat is Hopkins and his little brother. You contain them and you have a chance. Period!!!!

As far as being LUCKY ... I think you make your own luck. if players play to their potential they don't need luck.

I am not on that field playing either so what I say or think means nothing. I have a buddy that grew up in Cuero and plans to move back there soon I think. He and I always go back and forth with the sinton vs cuero match up. Good natured teasing.

Still doesn't explain why you want someone from your own district to lose... Oh no wait you would " love to see them lose"... Go figure!!

iFootball
11-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Still doesn't explain why you want someone from your own district to lose... Oh no wait you would " love to see them lose"... Go figure!!

Good point. :ditto:

SintonFan_inAustin
11-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Based on what I can tell from this Ranger guys comments, he/she knows they were lucky beating Cuero earlier this year, and he/she fears a re-match.looking at your comment you feel Sinton was lucky again

Ranger354
11-11-2014, 11:04 PM

They are in Sinton's district but I think this may have been the first year.. ? I am kinda pulling for Yokum out of the top bracket but that is just me. I did not pick Yokum to beat Cuero in my "Pick'em" brackets.

I like the underdog. With that being said I am a realist... I don't think the underdog stands a chance some times........ Gezzzz don't you Cuero folks take this personal. Not my intent.

1stnurseryman
11-11-2014, 11:26 PM
They are in Sinton's district but I think this may have been the first year.. ? I am kinda pulling for Yokum out of the top bracket but that is just me. I did not pick Yokum to beat Cuero in my "Pick'em" brackets.

I like the underdog. With that being said I am a realist... I don't think the underdog stands a chance some times........ Gezzzz don't you Cuero folks take this personal. Not my intent.
Usually when someone makes 2 statements about hoping a team loses I take it as they really don't care for that team. But hey we're use to it

Ranger354
11-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Usually when someone makes 2 statements about hoping a team loses I take it as they really don't care for that team. But hey we're use to it

Ding Ding Ding..... We have a winner!!

No seriously I think Cuero has an outstanding program and the folks there are fantastic. When did you miss that I have a buddy from there and we give each other a hard time every year.
I am done explaining... Get over it!

ogg
11-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Gobbler's bench will play the second half. Poll not needed.

ValleyCat
11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
I always worry when we play RH as they are one of the hardest hitting teams out there. They will gang tackle and put a lick on some kids not so worried about the win as getting some one hurt. If we can win by 1 pt and come out healthy it’s a good night.

Cuero is 3-0 against RH....This is the first time in three years I see the D hit and wrap up.....previous to this season, the D was giving up 300-400yds+. Dismal was the word I'd use....the D is stout now, but did have a hard time slowing down Sinton and OG's passing game.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2014, 04:51 PM
Cuero is 3-0 against RH....This is the first time in three years I see the D hit and wrap up.....previous to this season, the D was giving up 300-400yds+. Dismal was the word I'd use....the D is stout now, but did have a hard time slowing down Sinton and OG's passing game.

Wow, Hopkins might only get 300 yards then.

ValleyCat
11-12-2014, 05:02 PM

LOL. Port Isabel fans were in Rio Hondo for the Orange Grove game...Port Isabel was cheering for OG to beat RH. So, it happens.

ValleyCat
11-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Wow, Hopkins might only get 300 yards then.

Whoa fella...pump the brakes...you done crossed the line with that comment. LMAO.

Divide 300 by 2...then divide that by 2 again....whaddaya get? jk....but 300 yds is gonna be hard to come by.

Ole Hopkins is gonna get his yards...like I've been saying...but I wouldn't be surprised if he was held under 200 yds.

iFootball
11-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Has Rio Hondo faced the caliber of backs that Cuero has?
It was mentioned Rio Hondo "did have a hard time slowing down Sinton and OG's passing game." How did they fare against Sinton's rushing attack?
Just curious. I haven't had a chance to look at Rio Hondo's pre-district schedule.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Whoa fella...pump the brakes...you done crossed the line with that comment. LMAO.

Divide 300 by 2...then divide that by 2 again....whaddaya get? jk....but 300 yds is gonna be hard to come by.

Ole Hopkins is gonna get his yards...like I've been saying...but I wouldn't be surprised if he was held under 200 yds.

I was kinda kidding. But, I can assure you this, RH has not faced a back of his caliber all year. Possibly ever. And should he garner 300 rushing yards, I would not be surprised.

ValleyCat
11-12-2014, 09:17 PM
I was kinda kidding. But, I can assure you this, RH has not faced a back of his caliber all year. Possibly ever. And should he garner 300 rushing yards, I would not be surprised.

I know you were kidding...man. Relax.

RH faced Trent Jackson in '08 and '09?....but this group has a few players that have gone to some football camps outside the valley, and held their own. Not sure how that will translate here in the playoffs. But, the 'Cats are going to to approach Cuero as an opportunity to compete against a formidable opponent....and see where the chips fall.

RH held Sinton's high powered offense to 247 total yards and 130 yds rushing....117 yds passing. I got that from Maxpreps. (Can Sinton folks confirm?) Sinton did hold our offense to 155 total yds.

4 TOs on a short field gave Sinton an easy 28-0 lead....but that's a credit to their team for capitalizing on on our offense's miscues. The game ended 35-7.

'Cats offense will have to be an extension of our defense.

It's imperative the 'Cats offense protect the football, eliminate mental mistakes, move the chains, and keeps the Cuero offense off the field...the score could be closer than what most folks would expect....possibly a dubya. Allow me to reiterate....Cuero is a fine ball-club and they're a team that will test how much the 'Cats have improved the past three weeks. Which is why the 'Cats see Cuero more of an opportunity.

YTBulldogs
11-12-2014, 10:00 PM
I know you were kidding...man. Relax.

RH faced Trent Jackson in '08 and '09?....but this group has a few players that have gone to some football camps outside the valley, and held their own. Not sure how that will translate here in the playoffs. But, the 'Cats are going to to approach Cuero as an opportunity to compete against a formidable opponent....and see where the chips fall.

RH held Sinton's high powered offense to 247 total yards and 130 yds rushing....117 yds passing. I got that from Maxpreps. (Can Sinton folks confirm?) Sinton did hold our offense to 155 total yds.

4 TOs on a short field gave Sinton an easy 28-0 lead....but that's a credit to their team for capitalizing on on our offense's miscues. The game ended 35-7.

'Cats offense will have to be an extension of our defense.

It's imperative the 'Cats offense protect the football, eliminate mental mistakes, move the chains, and keeps the Cuero offense off the field...the score could be closer than what most folks would expect....possibly a dubya. Allow me to reiterate....Cuero is a fine ball-club and they're a team that will test how much the 'Cats have improved the past three weeks. Which is why the 'Cats see Cuero more of an opportunity.

:thumbsup: Great post. Makes sense. Good luck.

ValleyCat
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
:thumbsup: Great post. Makes sense. Good luck.

Best wishes to your Bulldogs too. While I'm at it..... best wishes to all Region IV 4A playoff teams.

KingRob
11-14-2014, 10:09 AM
I was planning on making the trip down to Corpus, but I gotta work. Here's to a great injury free game! Bundle up!!

Gotta go with my Gobblers.

Cuero - 34
Rio Hondo - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

99IHSMustang
11-14-2014, 12:50 PM
I was planning on making the trip down to Corpus, but I gotta work. Here's to a great injury free game! Bundle up!!

Gotta go with my Gobblers.

Cuero - 34
Rio Hondo - 20

LET'S GO CUERO!!!
:cheerl::cheerl::cheerl:

Good luck tonight Gobblers. Rep D15 well.

bd62
11-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Good luck Gooblers. Lots of traffic from Cuero,Yoakum,Gonzales ,Goliad, and
Hallettsville on 77 South tonite. Safe travels all.

YTBulldogs
11-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Good luck to our neighbors to the south. Bring back a couple DeWitt County wins tonight.:thumbsup:

44INAROW
11-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Good luck Gooblers. Lots of traffic from Cuero,Yoakum,Gonzales ,Goliad, and
Hallettsville on 77 South tonite. Safe travels all.

I was just going to post that I've seen ALOT of YELLOW DOGS coming through town - (I work right on the main drag) The Bulldog band trailer just passed the office (4:25) heading south... Hope everyone has safe travels to and from............. I'm going to miss the game - My group left about 3:45 or 4:00 - :( Guess I'll listen on the Ipad, in my warm living room, having adult beverages :)

GO MEAN GREEN

Good luck tonight Gobblers. Rep D15 well.

ValleyCat
11-14-2014, 06:42 PM
I was just going to post that I've seen ALOT of YELLOW DOGS coming through town - (I work right on the main drag) The Bulldog band trailer just passed the office (4:25) heading south... Hope everyone has safe travels to and from............. I'm going to miss the game - My group left about 3:45 or 4:00 - :( Guess I'll listen on the Ipad, in my warm living room, having adult beverages :)

GO MEAN GREEN

Party at 44's house! lol...jk.

44INAROW
11-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Party at 44's house! lol...jk.

😜😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I got Cuero going DEEP this season in my bracket and it all starts here tonite. Please don't disappoint me Gobblers. I know you can rise to the season....you've done it too many times before.

44INAROW
11-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I got Cuero going DEEP this season in my bracket and it all starts here tonite. Please don't disappoint me Gobblers. I know you can rise to the season....you've done it too many times before.

Amen. From your words to the football Gods ears👍. Go Mean Green😎

99IHSMustang
11-14-2014, 08:44 PM
Cuero up early 7-0

99IHSMustang
11-14-2014, 08:53 PM
D'Anthony doing what he does. Just ran in a 64 yd TD. In the first QTR Cuero 21 - RH 0

iFootball
11-14-2014, 09:07 PM
10:10 Cuero 28-00

Old Green
11-14-2014, 09:08 PM
2nd qtr

Cuero 28
Rio Hondo 0

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Well....so much for this being a "competitive battle" tonite, huh? I do have Cuero going deep in my playoffs bracket, though.

regaleagle
11-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Cooper Rodgers hits Gage McCook for another TD pass now. Extra point is good. Rodgers is 9 for 9 with 163 yds. and 3 TD's.

Argyle 35
Lake Worth 0

JJ Harp owns the Argyle passing completion percentage record at 70% on the season his senior season. Rodgers is at about 62% so far this season....not too shabby. Harp qb'd for 2 full seasons on varsity. And we're talking about passing yards for Harp of well over 2000 yds.

iFootball
11-14-2014, 09:43 PM
Rio Hondo finally scores and Cuero counters in a couple plays.
Halftime Cuero 42-07

ValleyCat
11-14-2014, 09:44 PM
Well....so much for this being a "competitive battle" tonite, huh? I do have Cuero going deep in my playoffs bracket, though.

O well, there's still a 2nd half to be played. Hopefully the 'Cats can make it respectable. GO 'CATS!

XtremeCouture
11-14-2014, 10:10 PM
hopkins takes opening play of second half for a td. 48-7 cuero

hopkins now with 330 yards rushing and 5 tds

44INAROW
11-14-2014, 10:26 PM
The "one dimensional" (sarcasm firmly planted) Gobblers are mixing it up with some pass plays. Dang, wish I was there so I could give credit to receivers. Did hear Jarred Edwards and Cam Mathis on receptions. 55-7 late in 3rd qtr

iFootball
11-14-2014, 10:46 PM
A lot of solid green helmets in the game. JV and freshman players in for most of the second half.

Tejastrue
11-14-2014, 11:08 PM
Congrats Gobblers!!!

99IHSMustang
11-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Congrats on the win Cuero

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 03:59 PM
Congrats Cuero, you guys are having a good year. Hope y'all go deep in the playoffs.