If you are up by 2 TDs with less than a minute to go...do you

A) Want your team to score again or

B) Play nice and take the knee

Rocket Man
11-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Option B

Sville
11-07-2014, 05:00 PM
If it is a district game and my district's tie breaker is +/- 17 point differential, I might score again if it is inside the redzone.

Bullaholic
If you are up by 2 TDs with less than a minute to go...do you

A) Want your team to score again or

B) Play nice and take the knee

Throw a long pass and go for 2.....:D

Actually, B would be the proper gentlemanly action, unless it is in a district game where a tie-breaker may come into play.

waterboy
It depends on several factors. What's on the line? Is there a point spread to see who gets 2nd, 3rd, or 4th in your district? Does the other team have enough timeouts to get another possession? If nothing is on the line, it would suffice to take a knee.

PhiI C
Unfortunately if it is district game there could be point differences in playoff seeding. Also it depends on where you are on the field.

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Throw a long pass and go for 2.....:D

and if your team is playing the Snyder Tigers attempt an onside kick afterward and do it again. :devil:

maestro
11-07-2014, 05:02 PM
If it is a district game and my district's tie breaker is +/- 17 point differential, I might score again if it is inside the redzone.

Yes, different times indeed...some districts..tiebreakers and such...you have to try and score.

Sville
11-07-2014, 05:02 PM
and if your team is playing the Snyder Tigers attempt an onside kick afterward and do it again. :devil:

Or Brownwood

Bullaholic
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Here's one for you P4S---if a player curses another player or official in Spanish, or any other foreign language, can they still get ejected? (And I am not trying to stir up any racial bias or discrimination here---I just always wondered.)

garciap77
11-07-2014, 05:14 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/D71_8537-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/D71_8537-1.jpg.html):eek:

Bullaholic
11-07-2014, 05:15 PM

LOL, Red....

BwdLion73
11-07-2014, 07:21 PM
Or Brownwood

...:kiss:...

pirate4state
11-09-2014, 12:28 AM
Here's one for you P4S---if a player curses another player or official in Spanish, or any other foreign language, can they still get ejected? (And I am not trying to stir up any racial bias or discrimination here---I just always wondered.)

I didn't know they could get ejected for cursing? But if that's the rule and the official understands, why not?

Being the mean girl I am, I would score. Unless I'm up by like 30 or something and even then, if it's Ingleside, Mathis or Taft...I would score again :D

Epicpirates
11-09-2014, 01:01 AM
I didn't know they could get ejected for cursing? But if that's the rule and the official understands, why not?

Being the mean girl I am, I would score. Unless I'm up by like 30 or something and even then, if it's Ingleside, Mathis or Taft...I would score again :D

You took the words right out of my mouth! :iagree::evil:

Bullaholic
11-09-2014, 07:59 AM

I think you are right, P4S. I think an ejection would probably be made if a player was cursing AT an official and he understood that in any language.

ValleyCat
11-09-2014, 09:45 AM
A) There's no written rule against running it up.

B) If you run it up, there probably won't be too many teams who want to play a team or coach with no class.

C) Have some class, teach young men humbleness when victory is certain.

buckeyebob
11-09-2014, 10:16 AM

You have to reserve an exception for those you hate / love to hate...like Gladewater, Tatum-Carthage, Navasota, Carthage, Gladewater, Liberty Eylau, Pittsburg...I didn't realize I had so much hate...I took Kilgore, Brownwood & Chapel Hill off

Saggy Aggie
11-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Depends on field position, how many TOs they have, has it been an offense or defensive game so far (i.e could they score easily again?), etc.

Regardless, I wouldn't TRY to score or take a knee. I'd simply run the ball

hollywood
11-09-2014, 12:05 PM
Rival game, get in take a knee formation then throw a deep pass with a play maker going deep! :D

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2014, 07:33 PM
It depends who we're playing. :devil::devil:

Oh wait! You said TWO TD's. :doh: ;)

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2014, 11:57 PM

I got ejected from a game in 2006 against Robinson for cursing. I was talking to myself and the ref threw the flag and next thing I knew I was gone.

BwdLion73
11-12-2014, 08:09 AM
I got ejected from a game in 2006 against Robinson for cursing. I was talking to myself and the ref threw the flag and next thing I knew I was gone.

I think talking to yourself is ok. Probably what got you tossed was the official you were cursing about.
:D

buckeyebob
11-12-2014, 08:48 AM

Were you answering yourself?

caleb_mccaig
11-12-2014, 12:37 PM
I think talking to yourself is ok. Probably what got you tossed was the official you were cursing about.
:D

Hahahah you would think! But no, a Robinson player scored a long touchdown and I just mumbled a few words out of my mouth. I honestly couldn't believe the ref heard it.