PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield & La Grange...

Bobkat
11-22-2003, 08:34 PM
What a high school football game!!! Both teams left everything they had on that field last night. It's really to bad that someone had to lose. With that said, Congrats to the La Grange Leopards. They made the big plays when they had to and that's the sign of a good football team. I thought both teams were well prepared and both teams were very evenly matched. Our kids and fans were heartbroken and I've had a hard time getting the game out of my head. But it clicked today that the game was just that, a game. These are 16-18 year old kids that played their hearts out. I read some earlier post on this board with both sides exchanging some negative comments. Let's not ruin what both teams accomplished this year by arguing back and forth with each other. I respect the program that has been established in La Grange and hope that someday Orangefield can be held in that class as a program. Hat's off to my Cats, your a great group of kids. Keep your heads high, and take this season and what you accomplished as a valuable learning tool in life. Seniors hate to see you graduate. This class went from winning 1 or 2 games in junior high to an area finalist their senior year. Everytime someone said you couldn't do something, you proved them wrong. Good luck in life guys, you've made everyone proud to be Bobcats!!!

<small>[ November 22, 2003, 07:38 PM: Message edited by: Bobkat ]</small>

noitall
11-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Bobkat:
What a high school football game!!! Both teams left everything they had on that field last night. It's really to bad that someone had to lose. With that said, Congrats to the La Grange Leopards. They made the big plays when they had to and that's the sign of a good football team. I thought both teams were well prepared and both teams were very evenly matched. Our kids and fans were heartbroken and I've had a hard time getting the game out of my head. But it clicked today that the game was just that, a game. These are 16-18 year old kids that played their hearts out. I read some earlier post on this board with both sides exchanging some negative comments. Let's not ruin what both teams accomplished this year by arguing back and forth with each other. I respect the program that has been established in La Grange and hope that someday Orangefield can be held in that class as a program. Hat's off to my Cats, your a great group of kids. Keep your heads high, and take this season and what you accomplished as a valuable learning tool in life. Seniors hate to see you graduate. This class went from winning 1 or 2 games in junior high to an area finalist their senior year. Everytime someone said you couldn't do something, you proved them wrong. Good luck in life guys, you've made everyone proud to be Bobcats!!!Well said!!!

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Terrific post Bobkat and I whole heartedly agree with you. It was a classic high school football game with the outcome in doubt until the final second. Both teams played outstanding ball. Hats off to the Orangefield coaches on getting their team well prepared. They defensed or option play perfectly. Great passing offense led by a quality Qb Modica and several excellent receivers including Austin Farias a real performer. Also, hats off to my Leps for NEVER QUITTING, even when it was looking like the Bobcats were going to win. I know Orangefield will be a play-off caliber team for many years to come. :)

lepfan
11-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Good post Bobkat, you all had a sea of orange over there! Orangefield was a great team with a lot of support in the bleachers! We have WORK to be done... :)

Old Cardinal
11-23-2003, 12:17 AM
I saw the OF/LG game and really thought OF would walk away with a win at one point in the evening. I just returned from the Newton/Marlin game where Marlin won 37-7. Having seen both Marlin and LaGrange play this weekend, I am afraid it will be a very long night for LaGrange. Marlin is a very good team, capable of taking the State Championship.

Orangefield05
11-23-2003, 11:34 AM
Very well said BobKat... I'm just sad that I won't be going to anymore Orangefield football games 'till next year... Congrats LaGrange...Good luck against Marlin... Thanks for the good season Bobcats!!

Cat22
11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Well put Bobkat. I could not have said it better myself. This one was very hard to swallow. I think that some of the negative post were in frustration, knowing we had an excellent opportunity to achieve something that had never been done before at Orangefield (going to the third round of the playoffs). It seems everyone has calmed down now. I know that everyone respects LaGrange and what they have accomplished. Best of luck to them this week. By the way Bobkat, did you see what Austin Farias did Saturday. After playing one of the most draining football games possible, he went out Saturday and scored 26 points to led the basketball team to a victory over Huffman. What an athlete this kid is. I wish he could stay around for another couple of years.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Cat22 ]</small>

Bobkat
11-24-2003, 02:08 AM
I saw that. He is an incredible athlete to say the least. I don't know what time they played saturday, but I'm sure he didn't get in bed till 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm amazed he even made it to the game, much less play in it. Then to score 26 points, shows what type of athlete he truly is. Most people think he's an incredible football player, but he's even a better basketball player. We're going to miss him and this senior class. Been a joy guys!!!

Pudlugger
11-24-2003, 07:46 AM
Bobkat:
I saw that. He is an incredible athlete to say the least. I don't know what time they played saturday, but I'm sure he didn't get in bed till 2 or 3 in the morning. I'm amazed he even made it to the game, much less play in it. Then to score 26 points, shows what type of athlete he truly is. Most people think he's an incredible football player, but he's even a better basketball player. We're going to miss him and this senior class. Been a joy guys!!!Where is he going to play football next year? I'm sure he's been highly recruited. It was a pleasure and a pain to watch him play us Friday night!
:D

cunbed10
11-24-2003, 07:59 AM
Old Cardinal:
I saw the OF/LG game and really thought OF would walk away with a win at one point in the evening. I just returned from the Newton/Marlin game where Marlin won 37-7. Having seen both Marlin and LaGrange play this weekend, I am afraid it will be a very long night for LaGrange. Marlin is a very good team, capable of taking the State Championship.Are you the same old card that said Newton's time to win?

Old Cardinal
11-24-2003, 09:56 AM
Yes, I did think that it was Newton's time to win. Marlin was certainly hitting on all fours. Actually LaGrange will be a walkover for your team. It was kind of a fluke that LG won-you would have had more trouble with Orangefield's passing attack. Orangefield had the best team on the field. If they had played 10 games, I would think OF would have won 7 of them. I am hearing that Marlin will possibly by dropping to 2A, is this a possibility?