PDA

View Full Version : China Spring vs Gatesville

Bosqueville
11-06-2014, 03:57 PM
I've been trying to figure out the different scenarios. My best guess is that if CS beats Gatesville and Lampasas also loses then China Spring advances as both Gatesville and CS will have 3 district losses.

Rocket Man
11-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I've been trying to figure out the different scenarios. My best guess is that if CS beats Gatesville and Lampasas also loses then China Spring advances as both Gatesville and CS will have 3 district losses.

Just to further muck up the water; I think Lampasas will have 4 district losses if they lose to Burnet.

Now, if RR loses to LV AND CS wins, then RR, CS and GH will all have 3 district losses and we will have 3 teams but only two spots open. I have no idea how the tie-breaker works.

With regard to your game, I think y'all will win. Gatesville invested a lot of emotion in that game last Friday and they haven't played well in away games.

Bosqueville
11-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Just to further muck up the water; I think Lampasas will have 4 district losses if they lose to Burnet.

Now, if RR loses to LV AND CS wins, then RR, CS and GH will all have 3 district losses and we will have 3 teams but only two spots open. I have no idea how the tie-breaker works.

With regard to your game, I think y'all will win. Gatesville invested a lot of emotion in that game last Friday and they haven't played well in away games.

Well Robinson please do your job!! Come on we beat 'em!

Rocket Man
11-06-2014, 05:49 PM
Well Robinson please do your job!! Come on we beat 'em!

I'll certainly do my job.................which is to yell, drink a Dr. Pepper and munch on a Milky Way!

CS DAD
11-06-2014, 06:10 PM
I'm hearing need to win by 12

Rocket Man
11-06-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm hearing need to win by 12

Let's see RR > CS by 21 and GH > RR by 7, yeah 12 makes sense :speech:

Rocket Man
11-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Seriously, does anyone know how the tie breakers work?

Bosqueville
11-06-2014, 09:14 PM
Seriously, does anyone know how the tie breakers work?

I'm trying to understand why there would be points involved? If Gatesville and China Spring end with 3 loses but China Spring defeats Gatesville I would think CS would advance.

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm trying to understand why there would be points involved? If Gatesville and China Spring end with 3 loses but China Spring defeats Gatesville I would think CS would advance.

I don't think head-to-head is the tiebreaker......I think points scored always has been? Could be wrong.

Also, I thought CS was supposed to be decent this year. Garbage the past couple of years. It's embarrassing.

ac515
11-06-2014, 10:16 PM
If I understand right the 12 points that CS would need that's if Robinson gets beat Robinson then would have 3 losses. So Robinson beat CS by 21 and Gatesville beat Robinson by 7 take away the extra point and you have 12. Now if Robinson Wins Friday night then CS would just have to beat Gatesville to be in the playoffs. Hope this helps...

Bosqueville
11-06-2014, 11:10 PM
If I understand right the 12 points that CS would need that's if Robinson gets beat Robinson then would have 3 losses. So Robinson beat CS by 21 and Gatesville beat Robinson by 7 take away the extra point and you have 12. Now if Robinson Wins Friday night then CS would just have to beat Gatesville to be in the playoffs. Hope this helps...

There we go. Thank you. Come on Rockets!!

panfan
11-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't think head-to-head is the tiebreaker......I think points scored always has been? Could be wrong.

Also, I thought CS was supposed to be decent this year. Garbage the past couple of years. It's embarrassing.

After a bit of research, I found that several articles point to the fact that the UIL does not have uniform set of guidelines for tie breakers for teams advancing to post district play. These articles indicate that tie breaker rules are left up to each district. I would think its would be head to head first and foremost, then points, but I could find no unified rule set.

Rocket Man
11-06-2014, 11:28 PM
There we go. Thank you. Come on Rockets!!

Even more Rocket fans!

Yeah, I know it's only for one night, but I'm loving it.

Rabid Cougar
11-07-2014, 10:18 AM
From the Waco Trib.

District 13-4A Division I

La Vega is the No. 1 seed if it defeats Robinson and wins the district outright with a win and a Burnet loss to Lampasas. The Pirates will also be the No. 1 seed and share the title if they defeat Robinson and Burnet defeats Lampasas.

La Vega can fall to the No. 2 or 3 seed if it loses to Robinson. La Vega will be the No. 2 seed if it falls to Robinson by six points or less and Lampasas defeats Burnet; or if it loses by 16 or less, Burnet defeats Lampasas and Gatesville defeats China Spring.

The Pirates will be the No. 3 seed if they lose to Robinson by seven or more, Lampasas defeats Burnet and China Spring defeats Gatesville; if they lose, Burnet defeats Lampasas and China Spring defeats Gatesville or Burnet defeats Lampasas, Gatesville defeats China Spring and it falls to Robinson by 17 or more.

Robinson can finish anywhere from second to fourth. The Rockets will be the No. 2 seed if China Spring defeats Gatesville and Lampasas defeats Burnet, Robinson must defeat La Vega by seven points. If Burnet defeats Lampasas and Gatesville defeats China Spring, Robinson must defeat La Vega by 17 or more to finish second.

Robinson will finish third if it falls to La Vega and China Spring defeats Gatesville; or if Gatesville defeats China Spring and Robinson defeats La Vega by 8-16; or if China Spring defeats Gatesville, Lampasas defeats Burnet and Robinson defeats La Vega by seven or less.

The Rockets will finish fourth if Gatesville defeats China Spring and Robinson loses to La Vega or wins by six or less.

Gatesville has not clinched a playoff spot, but the Hornets can finish third or fourth if they get in.

To have a chance at third, they must defeat China Spring and have Burnet defeat Lampasas and La Vega defeat Robinson; or have Lampasas defeat Burnet and Robinson defeat La Vega by seven or less.

The Hornets will be the No. 4 seed with a win over China Spring and a Robinson win over La Vega by more than seven points; or with a loss by six points or less if Burnet defeats Lampasas and La Vega defeats Robinson; a loss by 10 points or less if Lampasas defeats Burnet and La Vega defeats Robinson or a loss by 16 points or less if Lampasas defeats Burnet and Robinson defeats La Vega.

China Spring can only be the No. 4 seed if it gets in. The Cougars must defeat Gatesville to have any shot. They’re in if they defeat Gatesville, Burnet defeats Lampasas and Robinson defeats La Vega; or if Lampasas defeats Burnet and Robinson defeats La Vega, the Cougars must defeat Gatesville by 17 or more.

Clear as Mud.

Rabid Cougar
11-07-2014, 10:21 AM

They are decent this year. Definitely not bad. This is not an easy District. You know that.

Rocket Man
11-07-2014, 11:00 AM
They are decent this year. Definitely not bad. This is not an easy District. You know that.

Imagine how we feel over here. A team laden with seniors sitting at 6-3 with a QB that is killing us and offensive play calling that has almost everyone in the stands scratching their heads. You may wonder what I'm talking about because the play calling against y'all was one of the better games he called this year, that one and the one against Fairfield, the rest have been really bad, so limited and baffling......running Owens up the middle or off tackle out of the spread and getting stuffed over and over and over and over again and again and again.........kicking off with high kicks to the opponent's 40-30 yard line which allows them to start their drives at nearly mid-field (that sure puts a lot of pressure on the defense)..........QB throwing interceptions/fumbling, holding onto the ball too long, not making reads, trying to do a Johnny Football imitation and doing it miserably. The QB's repeated mistakes and ineffective play calling has taken a toll on the team's morale and on the fan's morale.........Ok, I've offically hi-jacked another CS thread...........sorry, but I had to vent.

caleb_mccaig
11-07-2014, 11:55 AM

I'll take your word for it.

Bosqueville
11-07-2014, 09:39 PM
Robinson letting me down tonight..

Rocket Man
11-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Robinson letting me down tonight..

Me too man, more than you know.