PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Get Your Team Info?

Bullaholic
11-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Now this may be a little like asking a Pro Bass competitor about his favorite spots and baits, but I would like to know how most of you go about developing your opinions on teams. Most of us know about our home teams, their opponents, and probably the teams in our districts, but how do you know about the others? In the past, there used to be a lot of sources for stats, records, etc. but all of that is now fairly hard to find. Of course, we have the no. 1 info source on Texas high school football right here, and most of you do a great job of sharing your team info (although some of you have been known to lie a little...:D). I admit that I have been flying "blind" outside of the Bulls for several seasons---and that is probably my fault from a time and effort standpoint, but I sure enjoy what all of you have to say when you are being serious (not that I don't appreciate your humor) about your teams and all the others on which you have good info.

FB-fanatic
11-06-2014, 02:46 PM
Locally, the Waco Trib tracks all the stat leaders, though not all report...for instance, Coach Bell at CS in the past did not report. Other than that, pretty good info comes when a lot of football heads work at the same company.... like Catapillar or M&M Marrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Steernation
11-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Now this may be a little like asking a Pro Bass competitor about his favorite spots and baits, but I would like to know how most of you go about developing your opinions on teams. Most of us know about our home teams, their opponents, and probably the teams in our districts, but how do you know about the others? In the past, there used to be a lot of sources for stats, records, etc. but all of that is now fairly hard to find. Of course, we have the no. 1 info source on Texas high school football right here, and most of you do a great job of sharing your team info (although some of you have been known to lie a little...:D). I admit that I have been flying "blind" outside of the Bulls for several seasons---and that is probably my fault from a time and effort standpoint, but I sure enjoy what all of you have to say when you are being serious (not that I don't appreciate your humor) about your teams and all the others on which you have good info.

I look at max preps and the news papers. the teams im actually interested in i go to HUDL and watch them.

Snotbubbles
11-06-2014, 02:49 PM
From Gilmer fan's.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Locally, the Waco Trib tracks all the stat leaders, though not all report...for instance, Coach Bell at CS in the past did not report. Other than that, pretty good info comes when a lot of football heads work at the same company.... like Catapillar or M&M Marrs.

Bell has has always reported his stats.

A lot of my information came from my kids and my own observations. I did get into trouble back in 08 for posting injury information and was asked not to do that anymore. Since then , I made it a practice not to give the opponents any information. Of course, if its "out there", they will find it but I was not going to be their source.

If you don't think the coaches don't read this board, think again. They do and do so religiously. They don't post in an offical capacity (I know they do recreationally) or even have a handle. My son, who volunteer coached for CS in '10, told me that this place is their No. 1 source to find out who is hurt. Parents and fans cannot keep from posting that kind of stuff.

waterboy
11-06-2014, 03:35 PM
From Snotbubbles.:D

buckeyebob
11-06-2014, 04:33 PM
From Snotbubbles.:D

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/yes/animated-yep-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

Ranger354
11-06-2014, 04:52 PM
Yea, Bubbles talks a lot about Sinton.... Oh wait that is just the music!

I get all my info from Face Book...... lmao!

Bullaholic
11-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Many still swear by the Early Whataburger....:D

waterboy
11-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Many still swear by the Early Whataburger....:D

Is that where Snotbubbles gets his info? If it weren't so far away, I'd have to visit the Whataburger in Early.:D

cougartino
11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
La Marque, coogsports.net when it's not being hacked.

briandumith*
11-06-2014, 05:30 PM
Maxpreps.....and Pressbox both are good for stats most schools use at least one of these..but at least for Graham.. Maxpreps has stats n videos n all that junk...but it is up to the coaches on the info... EXAMPLE http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/graham-steers-(graham,tx)/football/home.htm

Bullaholic
11-06-2014, 05:35 PM
I used to read and listen to Grant and Terry---even before they became a "couple"....:D

poisoned10
11-06-2014, 05:43 PM
My grandparents lived in early a while back. I don't remember any whataburgers tho.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

FB-fanatic
11-06-2014, 06:17 PM
Bell has has always reported his stats.

A lot of my information came from my kids and my own observations. I did get into trouble back in 08 for posting injury information and was asked not to do that anymore. Since then , I made it a practice not to give the opponents any information. Of course, if its "out there", they will find it but I was not going to be their source.

If you don't think the coaches don't read this board, think again. They do and do so religiously. They don't post in an offical capacity (I know they do recreationally) or even have a handle. My son, who volunteer coached for CS in '10, told me that this place is their No. 1 source to find out who is hurt. Parents and fans cannot keep from posting that kind of stuff.

2012 they didn't get posted in the Trib for whatever reason.

Roughneck93
11-06-2014, 06:41 PM
I get all my info from The Facts...:D