PDA

View Full Version : 3A ALL - STATE IS A JOKE !

BIG_UNIT
12-20-2001, 09:42 AM
HOW CAN CAMERON YOE HAVE 4 1ST TEAM ALL-STATE PLAYERS AND LA GRANGE , COMMERCE, SEALY
AND NEWTON HAVE NONE. CAMERON YOE LOST IN THE 1ST ROUND. I'M SO SICK OF THESE COACHES WHO SPEND ALL THERE TIME ,SELF-PROMOTING KIDS WHO DON'T DESERVE TO BE ALL STATE.
IF ALL STATE HAS BECOME NOTHING MORE THAN A STAT CONTEST, THEN ,THEY CAN HAVE IT. I THINK THAT BEING ON A WINNING TEAM ,MEANS MORE THAN PILING UP STATS ON A TEAM THAT CAN'T WIN A PLAY-OFF GAME. I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO HAVE 4 ALL-STATERS , AND NOT WIN A ROUND.
I THINK SOME OF THESE COACHES NEED TO STOP ALL THE HYPE, AND START COACHING SOME
FOOTBALL. I KNOW THIS IS THE AP ALL-STATE TEAM ,BUT IT SHOULD BE CALLED THE BS ALL-STATE TEAM !

evebulldog01
12-20-2001, 10:59 AM
no, joke how do you have that many guys from one school on the first team and yet none from either of the two state finalist in divison 1

Jacket2000
12-20-2001, 11:06 AM
Sounds to me like having no all-state players would be a compliment. The all-state selections are for outstanding individual players; not outstanding teams. I would take it as a compliment if I had a state championship team and no all-state selections, but that's just me.
J2K

oldbuff78
12-20-2001, 12:52 PM
gidd,lg commerce,newton,rice had some of the best players i have ever seen. the all state team was not picked fair. winning should say something. lets raise a little hell!!!

footballfan
12-20-2001, 01:15 PM
Who nominates the players that the sports writers vote on?

[This message has been edited by footballfan (edited December 20, 2001).]

Rabbit93
12-20-2001, 01:49 PM
This is just my opinion and nothing more, but to me the, the AP All State is just like rankings, they don't mean jack. The people that vote on these things have never seen most of these kids play they go on what they hear and word of mouth. At the same time everyone thinks that their kids are better than the next so naturally people get their feelings hurt when their kids aren't picked (this isn't directed towards anyone in particular either). Also playoffs mean nothing in determining these picks it is based on regular season only.

sinton66
12-20-2001, 03:37 PM
Ok, how many were picked from teams that went 10-0 on the regular season? Everman, Sinton, and Bellville were all 10-0.

coolguycody_c
12-20-2001, 04:51 PM
I agree with J2K. Just because you have a good team doesn't mean that you have to have the BEST this or the BEST that. There are many extremely talented athletes who never get a chance to go to state because their team stinks. Like Jacket said, this is for individual PLAYERS.

sinfan75
12-20-2001, 08:11 PM
Sinton had Chance Schmidt on the first team but I was shocked that Everman didn't have any first teamers unless I missed em. I figured they would have at least 2 just off their defense!!

left2soon
12-20-2001, 11:05 PM
these kids were not nominated by coaches..strictly a sports writer deal..and they had to be nominated by a daily paper..as usual region 2 got the shaft..it alwasy does in this one. when the coaches nominate their own you get a better look at a true all-state team.

Jacket2000
12-21-2001, 01:44 AM
The Coaches Poll all-state team will be released at a later date.

footballfan
12-21-2001, 09:30 AM
Thank goodness for that. The Bridge City player on the second team all-state DID NOT make first team all-district. So the AP All-State Team really doesn't mean anything?

bohemian
12-21-2001, 10:26 AM
You're right oldbuff78! Giddings had some talented players on their team. And so did LG.

Tiger Turtle
12-22-2001, 07:59 AM
As long as the people voting have no chance (realistically) to see most of the nominated players, the process will mean nothing.

3Aroy
12-23-2001, 07:25 PM
I am sure that the coaches' all-state team will be more pleasing to everyone!

footballfan
01-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Jacket2000:
The Coaches Poll all-state team will be released at a later date.

????

Old Cardinal
01-10-2002, 01:55 PM
If you have followed Polls, in General and especially AP & Coache's Poll- its apparent that they are as accurate as Little League picks. They really should be eliminated...the only thing that really counts is the teamwork that gets you to the State Championship! Look who the College Scouts pickup for 4 year scholarship, its always quite different from the Polls.