PDA

View Full Version : And the streak continues....

firstdown
11-05-2014, 08:36 AM
http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20141104-argyle-band-wins-fourth-straight.ece

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20141104-argyle-band-wins-fourth-straight.ece

THE most subjective competition in UIL. Might as well have French figure skating judges. Needs to have two distict divisions... Marching Bands and Abstract Dance on a Football Field.

Sweetwater Red
11-05-2014, 09:27 AM

Congrats

I was curious to see how well Pecos and Big Spring would do. Obviously it wasn't in the top three.

Aguilafanatico
11-05-2014, 09:29 AM
THE most subjective competition in UIL. Might as well have French figure skating judges. Needs to have two distict divisions... Marching Bands and Abstract Dance on a Football Field.

Subjective voting for sure but that doesn't take away from the fact the Argyle's band is really, really good. Congrats to them for making it 4 straight. Winning a state title isn't easy, not matter the sport, event, activity.......

waterboy
11-05-2014, 09:31 AM
They should separate the two in my opinion. Two different types of bands, and it depends on personal preference, which makes it subjective.

Anyway, congrats to the Argyle Eagle band! Amazing accomplishment anyway you look at it.

bearbear78
11-05-2014, 09:39 AM
Your enrollment in two schools there is damn near the same as you population. Youre in shouting distance from denton lewisville flowermound dallas etc...you guys shouldnt lose at anything. I know argyle hates hearing that FACT but it.is what it is,homegrown success isnt part of argyle....is what it is

pancho villa
11-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Who cares about band!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ccmom
11-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Congrats

I was curious to see how well Pecos and Big Spring would do. Obviously it wasn't in the top three.
I think Wylie was 18th and Big Spring 22nd. Not sure about Pecos...

Tom Foolery
11-05-2014, 10:18 AM
bearbear, your QB is homegrown, right?

bearbear78
11-05-2014, 10:47 AM
bearbear, your QB is homegrown, right?

Lol he aint from Dallas Denton or Lewisville but if you want to tell yourself we went out and offered a big signing bonus and a country club membership to the kid so youll feel better, go ahead. You live up to your name to even try comparing a small junior qb from big ole springtown moving to graham to what Argyles got going.

Aguilafanatico
11-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Lol he aint from Dallas Denton or Lewisville but if you want to tell yourself we went out and offered a big signing bonus and a country club membership to the kid so youll feel better, go ahead. You live up to your name to even try comparing a small junior qb from big ole springtown moving to graham to what Argyles got going.

That's just a dumb argument that folks use to justify why a school has success. Argyle's success is built on a great staff, with a great program and kids who work their tails off to be the best they can be. The boundaries are the boundaries. If you want to say that Argyle is good simply because they have the benefit of pulling kids from the area, you also have to admit that Argyle sits very close to perennial power Denton Guyer, a very strong Denton Ryan, and in the same small town as Liberty Christian...... If you took the kids that live in Argyle and attend Liberty Christian, Argyle would be even stronger. There is a reason that every year, coaches from around the state spend a day with our coaches learning the off-season programs and training. The programs are great. In the end though, it doesn't matter. You will have a hard time convincing me that my kid doesn't work as hard or harder than yours and that he just benefits from location. That's just BS.

Tom Foolery
11-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Complaining about move-ins is a tired excuse. The only thing Argyle, or any other program, offers to move-ins is a chance to compete. And if you can, there isnt a school in the state that will turn you away.

garageoffice
11-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Subjective voting for sure but that doesn't take away from the fact the Argyle's band is really, really good. Congrats to them for making it 4 straight. Winning a state title isn't easy, not matter the sport, event, activity.......
Argyle was really good in the finals...they deserved to win. In the prelims, though, it was a different matter. Their music was great, but they had a bunch of marching problems...kids out of alignment, uneven spacing, several out of step...right front and center. Still, one of the judges ranked them 1st in marching...the other ranked them 6th. It must be nice to have that kind of reputation marching with the band.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I think Argyle is forcing the issue in all UIL events....making the other schools work harder to compete....which in the larger picture is a positive for all the kids of all those that compete in this classification. We have raised the bar, so to speak, that others will have to strive harder in order to become the best for that school year. All in all, its the kids that benefit the most, and their parents. Every parent that has children participating in UIL activities should feel proud of what they are learning and accomplishing, and the discipline required to compete at a very high level.

Rabid Cougar
11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
I think Argyle is forcing the issue in all UIL events....making the other schools work harder to compete....which in the larger picture is a positive for all the kids of all those that compete in this classification. We have raised the bar, so to speak, that others will have to strive harder in order to become the best for that school year. All in all, its the kids that benefit the most, and their parents. Every parent that has children participating in UIL activities should feel proud of what they are learning and accomplishing, and the discipline required to compete at a very high level.

Has nothing to do with how hard your kids work because there isn't a bit of difference on how hard the kids work at Argyle and (pick another school that Scored 1's in Area and Regionals. Band is subjective and works on who your Band Director is and his/her reputation.

bobcat1
11-08-2014, 04:15 PM
This!

garciap77
11-08-2014, 05:04 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/music-smiley-018.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/music-smiley-018.gif.html)

FB-fanatic
11-08-2014, 05:07 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/music-smiley-018.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/music-smiley-018.gif.html)

1's for everybody!

JVDAD
11-08-2014, 11:12 PM

LMAO! Couldn't agree more! Have had kids in the Wylie bands for the last two state appearances and have said the same thing myself! No sour grapes, just don't agree with all of the props and drama, guess I am from a different era.