PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Alvin

sk1
11-04-2014, 08:35 PM
I just saw online where a 17yr old Alvin YellowJacket football player was killed in an auto accident. Please say a prayer for his family and friends.

ccmom
11-04-2014, 11:09 PM
How tragic. We will keep the family in our prayers.

44INAROW
11-04-2014, 11:22 PM
How sad... Prayers....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Saggy Aggie
11-04-2014, 11:42 PM
My younger cousin is a varsity olineman for the Yellowjackets and his dad, my uncle is an EMT in alvin.

According to what I've heard, there were 2 varsity offensive linemen (not my younger cousin though) involved in the wreck. #64 is the young man who was killed as he was ejected from the car. #79 is in the hospital with serious injuries but is expected to live. I'm fairly certain #79 was being decently recruited

Gen.Pat
11-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Prayers sent for his Family and Friends.

Roughneck93
11-06-2014, 09:04 PM
Crash kills one Alvin High School senior, injures another

By BRITTANY LAMAS brittany.lamas@thefacts.com | Posted: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 2:00 am

ALVIN — An Alvin High School senior football player is in the hospital and another is dead after a two-car collision Monday night.

Zachary Juelich, 17, was driving his Ford pickup southbound on Highway 35 at about 8 p.m. Monday when he ran the red light at the intersection of FM 517 and was struck by a Chevy Tahoe headed eastbound, Alvin Police Capt. Todd Arendell said.

Juelich was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle, he said. He was taken by ambulance to Clear Lake Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Arendell said.

“If he had had his seat belt on, he would have banged up, bruised up, sore and angry and everything, but he’d be alive,” Arendell saidof Juelich. “Seat belts save lives.”

John Horton, 17, who was in the passenger seat of the truck wearing his seat belt, sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries, and was taken by helicopter to Memorial Hermann in Houston, Arendell said.

The driver of the Tahoe, Larry Hare, 42, declined medical attention on scene.

“There was no indication of drugs or alcohol,” Arendell said.

Traffic on Highway 35 first was shut down then slowed for about four hours as police worked the wreck, he said. The last vehicle was cleared just before 1 a.m., Arendell said.

Counseling services were provided Tuesday by the Alvin ISD Crisis Response Team to students and staff, according to a letter by Alvin High School Principal Johnny Briseño to parents.

“Please keep these two families in your thoughts and prayers in the coming weeks,” Briseño wrote in the letter. “Together as a community, we will be able to provide our students with the support they need during this difficult time.”

http://thefacts.com/news/article_a22cf734-bbaa-5e58-af55-0970d8c83808.html

Roughneck93
11-06-2014, 09:10 PM
Alvin HS honoring student killed in wreck, family creates scholarship in his name

By BRITTANY LAMAS brittany.lamas@thefacts.com | Posted: Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:00 am

ALVIN — The Alvin High School community is honoring the life of Zachary Juelich, a senior football player killed an a car wreck this week, and a scholarship fund has been set up in his name, school officials said.

The school’s student council has been selling memorial pins and ribbons to students this week, said Katie Laza, Alvin High School associate principal.

“It’s just a way for the school to have an organized purpose,” she said.

Juelich, 17, was driving with fellow senior John Horton, 17, at about 8 p.m. Monday on southbound Highway 35 when Juelich drove through a red light and was struck by a Chevy Tahoe, Alvin Police Capt. Todd Arendell had said.

Horton was flown by helicopter to Memorial Hermann in Houston for serious but non-life threatening injuries. Juelich was taken by ground to Clear Lake Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Arendell said.

At Alvin’s football game Friday night, the players will wear a black wristband to remember Juelich and a white wristband for Horton, Laza said.

“The white indicative of hope and praying for a full recovery,” she said.

Juelich’s family is asking those wishing to support the family to consider donating to a scholarship fund created in his name, Laza said.

Donations for the Zachary Juelich Scholarship can be sent by mail to Associated Credit Union of Texas’ main office at 1095 West League City Parkway, League City, TX 77573 or dropped off at the Alvin ACU branch, she said.

http://thefacts.com/news/article_a96eb2e4-abec-5419-8f53-d3765441f89d.html?_dc=80866649746.89484