PDA

View Full Version : Off Week Schedule

OLE'BULL
11-04-2014, 04:04 PM
I am sure this has been discussed before: What does your team do, or what do you THINK it should be doing during an off week?

For example, Bellville has their off week this week and they are in the playoffs. My opinion regarding our situation is this: I feel like at this point in the year 2 things are happening. 1) Some of the players are banged up and have been nursing minor injuries and 2) We have gotten weaker in the weight room, and possibly somewhat unconditioned b/c of some blowout wins.

So, I think now is the time for the Brahma staff to really evaluate the minor injuries, nicks and bruises, etc. If a guy has a bad shoulder, protect him. If he has a bad ankle, put him on a stationary bike instead of running. So on and so forth. BUT, it is also a great time to really condition the team for a deep playoff run. Those that are healthy and able, get them back in the weight room and hit it hard . Do quite a bit of running and agility drills, etc. Get the team strong and in shape. I know we do weights and conditioning during the season, but it is probably more to try and maintain. Use it as an opportunity to get stronger.

You could possibly keep the pads off all week and put them back on the following week. I know as a player I always assumed an off week was going to be relaxing, and it never was. In college it was always the toughest week of the season regarding weights/running. Looking back I know believe in that philosophy.