PDA

View Full Version : A&M Football

BwdLions
11-04-2014, 11:57 AM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/mikedwat/SwagCopter.png (http://s113.photobucket.com/user/mikedwat/media/SwagCopter.png.html)

Courtesy of Shaggy

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2014, 11:59 AM
That's about right. Could not have said it better.

hookandladder
11-04-2014, 04:29 PM
So true but an upset over Auburn would be nice along with an LSU win over Bama .Lol

PhiI C
11-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Hey they won last week over a good team plus they are bowl eligible.

Roughneck93
11-04-2014, 07:56 PM
:spitlol:

Lion70
11-04-2014, 08:39 PM
Hey they won last week over a good team plus they are bowl eligible.
My sarcasm reader may need adjusting hope your not serious

hookandladder
11-04-2014, 09:12 PM
My sarcasm reader may need adjusting hope your not serious

Think he is just saying what Sumlin said about UL Monroe, he said they were a good team. Lol

Celina8
11-05-2014, 08:04 PM
I am not a A&M by any means , but everyone is just predicting nothing but a blow out this weekend and yet I know A&M has some talent plus they have one of the best offensive line in all of college in terms of talent. This game might be a lot closer than Auburn and others are predicting.

hookandladder
11-05-2014, 09:00 PM
I am not a A&M by any means , but everyone is just predicting nothing but a blow out this weekend and yet I know A&M has some talent plus they have one of the best offensive line in all of college in terms of talent. This game might be a lot closer than Auburn and others are predicting.

I think I read today one of their best OL players is out for the season, after struggling last game to beat a very weak team at home I just cannot see them staying anywhere close at Auburn. Man you talking about a team that went downhill very fast, if they do not step up their game their last three games could very well be all blowouts. Read where there are a number of players talking about transferring after this year, RSJ is one of them. Most likely all just rumors but where there is smoke thee is most likely fire, Sumlin got work to do to keep this team together and yes Strong is in the same boat as far as this year is concerned also. On the bright side , it is possible both finish 6-6 and meet in a bowl game, would that be something or what. Hookem

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 07:58 AM
If Texas can win 2/3, and that's a big if, then there's a decent chance for a bowl game between us in houston....

Lion70
11-06-2014, 09:08 AM
If Texas can win 2/3, and that's a big if, then there's a decent chance for a bowl game between us in houston....

That would be a tall order. They can beat okie st at home but they would have upset @ West virgina sat or upset Tcu on thanksgiving at home. It can be done and houston wouldn't think twice about it.

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Hey H&L, I predict Auburn by 50+. I am not joking either.

BwdLions
11-06-2014, 10:38 AM
That would be a tall order. They can beat okie st at home but they would have upset @ West virgina sat or upset Tcu on thanksgiving at home. It can be done and houston wouldn't think twice about it.

Tall orders are filled everyday. They'll win 2 of 3. I'd love to see a game against the ags in Houston.

hookandladder
11-06-2014, 11:06 AM

Okie St. is at Stillwater.

hookandladder
11-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Hey H&L, I predict Auburn by 50+. I am not joking either.

Will atm even score.

hookandladder
11-06-2014, 11:12 AM

If atm gets blown out the last three games, I am thinking atm will be pulling for Texas to get bowl eligible. I think the only way atm goes into a bowl game with a positive outlook is if they get to play Texas, Lol.

coach
11-06-2014, 11:25 AM
If atm gets blown out the last three games, I am thinking atm will be pulling for Texas to get bowl eligible. I think the only way atm goes into a bowl game with a positive outlook is if they get to play Texas, Lol.

I am depressed so I went and watched youtube highlights of Johhny. I wept like a baby.

1st and goal
11-06-2014, 11:54 AM
I think even with A&M's pride on the line, they still lose by 3 scores. Sad to say.

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm intentionally not going up watch the game this wknd. Don't wanna ruin my mood

coach
11-06-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm intentionally not going up watch the game this wknd. Don't wanna ruin my mood

2%er

hookandladder
11-06-2014, 02:34 PM

No faith in your aggys, Saggy.Lol

Saggy Aggie
11-06-2014, 08:26 PM
2%er

Yep, I went there for an education, not to be brain washed.

caleb_mccaig
11-06-2014, 10:16 PM

I respect you for saying that lol.

1st and goal
11-07-2014, 09:41 AM
You have to watch Saggy so that you know what to gripe about.

PhiI C
11-07-2014, 11:22 AM
The Aggies beat Auburn by a td.

Rabid Cougar
11-07-2014, 11:45 AM

Oh Hell another BigBlueDE

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Eh, I'll probably record it so that I can gripe as usual somewhere down the road.

But yeah, sorry, I'm not one of your redass aggies.

I like football, and I support my school but you guys can keep the rest

coach
11-07-2014, 12:38 PM
I respect you for saying that lol.

I dont. He sounds like a homo.

coach
11-07-2014, 12:40 PM
Oh Hell another BigBlueDE

No, BBDE had something that Saggy doesnt have. Common sense.

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2014, 08:38 PM
No, BBDE had something that Saggy doesnt have. Common sense.

:thumbsup:

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I dont. He sounds like a homo.

Lol I love when people that went to SFA (I guess) call me a 2%er

BwdLions
11-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Lol I love when people that went to SFA (I guess) call me a 2%er

It doesn't matter if a high school dropout is calling you a 2%er. People are judging you by what you post.

Saggy Aggie
11-08-2014, 01:29 PM
It doesn't matter if a high school dropout is calling you a 2%er. People are judging you by what you post.

Lol... I couldn't care less bud

defense51
11-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Who is this A&M team I'm watching? Wow, they came out on fire!

Saggy Aggie
11-08-2014, 06:24 PM
Somebody woke up the South Carolina game offense

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 06:43 PM
The Ags need to score another touchdown, end of story. They have played outstanding so far today, but there's too much time left in this game. They are in Auburn too. It would be an historic day to walk off of Jordan Hare with the win.

"Breathing room", he said. I guess that's an understatement, huh?:crazy1: Referring to the field goal for the Ags to go up by 10 with about 7 mins. left.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 06:59 PM
So much for "breathing room" for the Ags now. Just as I suspected, they will now need a scoring drive to put up more points and to burn more clock. This one has a very bad feeling attached to it for Aggie faithful.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Nice 60 yd punt by the Ags there, but now it's put-up or shut-up time. The Aggie D will need a turnover or a stop for A&M to win this one, imo. Another Auburn score or OT does not favor the Ags right now.

Ags 41
Auburn 38

5:30 left

Roughneck93
11-08-2014, 07:09 PM
It's been a great game....

Roughneck93
11-08-2014, 07:12 PM
Wow...huuuuge!

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:16 PM
The Heavenly Host must be an Aggie, lol. A gigantic fumble on the 2 yd. line as Auburn is easily marching in for another score. Preliminary shows Ags came up with the ball....but the replay may show different. We await the call....the game is in the balance. Bad exchange caused the fumble. Ruling initially was Aggies ball. HUGE call here has impact on not only this game, but the national landscape of this season. AGGIES PRAYERS ANSWERED>>>AGGIES BALL.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:18 PM
2:30 left now and the Ags have the ball inside their 5 yd. line. They must get this ball out of their own end, preferably with a first down to kill some clock and get some field position.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Don't go to the bathroom yet, folks....unless you're an Aggie wetting your pants, haha. This one is too tight to go anywhere.

Roughneck93
11-08-2014, 07:24 PM
Lol, Auburn....

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Prayer #2 answered. The Auburn center snaps the ball prematurely and the resulting fumble is recovered by A&M at the A&M 35. Here comes another replay. Back to the booth and even more prayers are going out now in Aggieland, lol.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 07:27 PM
Talk about shooting yourself in the foot....twice. A&M ball....taking the knee in victory! They are leaving Jordan Hare with the win. Congrats to A&M and the huge help from above.

PhiI C
11-08-2014, 07:28 PM
The Aggies beat Auburn by a td.

My mistake. A FG 41-38.

Oh Ye of Little Faith!

:)

Celina8
11-08-2014, 07:42 PM

You know I had a feeling that A&M might just go into the state of Alabama again and spoil some dreams which they did. I am a Longhorn fan , but A&M has a lot and I mean a lot of young talent that I think can take them to the promise land in the next few years.

Saggy Aggie
11-08-2014, 07:44 PM
Kyle allen let his nuts hang today

FB-fanatic
11-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Kyle allen let his nuts hang today

Also been watching Kyler Murray at #1 Allen High School. (#7 nationally) Aggie 2015 recruit. 10-0 season with over 5,000 yards passing.

PhiI C
11-08-2014, 09:28 PM
My mistake. A FG 41-38.

Oh Ye of Little Faith!

:)

How about that prediction. :)

1st and goal
11-08-2014, 10:17 PM
I wonder how many bet with A&M and took the points?

wow o wow.

So the aggies vaulted Miss st., Ole Miss, and Alabama to the top of the polls. Wonder how far Auburn will fall???

1st and goal
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
A tale of two teams. How are we supposed to know which Aggie team will show up for the next 2 games?

I'm open for suggestion. Phil?

BwdLions
11-10-2014, 05:27 PM
A tale of two teams. How are we supposed to know which Aggie team will show up for the next 2 games?

I'm open for suggestion. Phil?

It's hard enough to figure out one Aggie, so there's no way to figure out what a whole bunch of 'em will do. We'll see.

Saggy Aggie
11-10-2014, 07:19 PM
A&M SHOULD beat Mizzou.

They hung in there against 2 of the best teams in the country, and they have 2 decent wins and one good one. The bama game was just A&M absolutely laying an egg. That said, just when i think i know football, games like the Auburn one happen, so hell, idk.

coach
11-11-2014, 12:21 PM
A&M SHOULD beat Mizzou.

They hung in there against 2 of the best teams in the country, and they have 2 decent wins and one good one. The bama game was just A&M absolutely laying an egg. That said, just when i think i know football, games like the Auburn one happen, so hell, idk.

Trust me... You dont know football.

Rabid Cougar
11-11-2014, 12:36 PM
According to my friend that is an SEC official, Malzan is tearing them a new a$$ hole for not calling the illegal motion on the guard on the 2nd fumble. He was not set. He didn't argue the first fumble. He wanted the penalty called because it woudl have nullified the play and Auburn would have kept the ball. Go figure. He, himself didn't catch it unitl he saw the film afterwards.

coach
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
According to my friend that is an SEC official, Malzan is tearing them a new a$$ hole for not calling the illegal motion on the guard on the 2nd fumble. He was not set. He didn't argue the first fumble. He wanted the penalty called because it woudl have nullified the play and Auburn would have kept the ball. Go figure. He, himself didn't catch it unitl he saw the film afterwards.

Well, they also missed about 5 holds on their Left Tackle

Saggy Aggie
11-11-2014, 01:41 PM
Trust me... You dont know football.

Right, along with all the other geniuses that post here.

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2014, 01:48 PM

I was wondering the same thing....he was definitely moving when that ball was snapped. Such a strange play, never seen a game decided on a play like that. Auburn should have won that game TWICE.

Regardless, congrats A&M on staying relevant. You guys had me worried.

1st and goal
11-11-2014, 02:19 PM

You need your friend to host all the SEC officials over and teach them to catch the numerous difference making, holding non calls that they seem to look the other way. I think there was a conspiracy NOT to have A&M bring down one of their top 3 ranked teams. Anyone, (even Saggy) could have called those holds.

hookandladder
11-11-2014, 02:28 PM
You need your friend to host all the SEC officials over and teach them to catch the numerous difference making, holding non calls that they seem to look the other way. I think there was a conspiracy NOT to have A&M bring down one of their top 3 ranked teams. Anyone, (even Saggy) could have called those holds.

ESPN paid off them officals so Auburn would win to stay in the playoff, only thing is they cannot keep Auburn from fumbling. Lol

caleb_mccaig
11-11-2014, 03:04 PM

I think that's a bit much....even from an someone looking at it from an Aggie perspective. I could just as easily be on here crying about the PI on Bama on the last play of the game against LSU, but you know what, I'd rather them let them play than throw a flag every other play. There's holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in a football game. They obviously aren't going to call it every time.

1st and goal
11-11-2014, 06:08 PM
I think that's a bit much....even from an someone looking at it from an Aggie perspective. I could just as easily be on here crying about the PI on Bama on the last play of the game against LSU, but you know what, I'd rather them let them play than throw a flag every other play. There's holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in a football game. They obviously aren't going to call it every time.

So is that the consensus? Just let everybody hold, then just call it after a big gain against the team you want to lose? Just so you can say you called holding 3 times in a game...
They need to get back to basics. Make O-Linemen wear the type of boxing gloves where you can't grab anything because your thumb is immobilized. :)

New Taiton
11-12-2014, 11:39 AM
There's holding on EVERY SINGLE PLAY in a football game. They obviously aren't going to call it every time.

Without a doubt - 100% correct.

However, if you're not up in arms about the holds that haven't been called against Myles Garrett, then you are not watching the game. The link below shows the call in question. While you can't get the all, it's a kick in the pants to not have the most blatant hold in the world called on 3rd and 10 on our 25(ish) when the result of the play was a first down.

Link to Holding Play (http://thefanbuzz.com/story/myles-garrett-gets-tackled-by-auburn-lt-not-called-holding/)

On the flip side, he'll earn the respect of the SEC officials soon enough and this will be a moot point. But the freshman has been outstanding on the edge for A&M this year and has a bright future.

1st and goal
11-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Without a doubt - 100% correct.

However, if you're not up in arms about the holds that haven't been called against Myles Garrett, then you are not watching the game. The link below shows the call in question. While you can't get the all, it's a kick in the pants to not have the most blatant hold in the world called on 3rd and 10 on our 25(ish) when the result of the play was a first down.

Link to Holding Play (http://thefanbuzz.com/story/myles-garrett-gets-tackled-by-auburn-lt-not-called-holding/)

On the flip side, he'll earn the respect of the SEC officials soon enough and this will be a moot point. But the freshman has been outstanding on the edge for A&M this year and has a bright future.

Glad that M. Garrett holds his composure and gets up to do it everydown. I would've gone and sucker punched the ref in the face. jk. but I'd at least let him know my homies would be on the lookout. :) That ref never needs to ref another down of college football. High school football either. He deserves a real donkey BBQ.

Macarthur
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
That play was awful. What makes it even worse is that could have been an injury the way he pulled him down. That's a good way for a guy to hurt a knee or ankle.

Rabid Cougar
11-14-2014, 10:41 AM

Try watching the Auburn vs Ol'Miss Game. Mid 3rd qtr Ol Miss up 24-14. Auburn has a 3rd and long. They complete a pass for first down and go on to score TD. On the play, Auburn had 12 on the field and 5 in the back field. No flags. Every member of the crew lost their bowl game right there. That's like getting your vacation time taken away at work. The are consequences that the public does not see.

I can personally validate that you can see LOTS of things from the stands and on TV that you can easily miss on the field, even things that you think are blatantly obvious.

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 08:35 AM
Anyone have a clue which Aggie team will show up today?

hookandladder
11-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Anyone have a clue which Aggie team will show up today?

The most important question is , what will their uniforms look like today. Who cares how that play as long as they look cool, Lol

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 11:03 AM
The most important question is , what will their uniforms look like today. Who cares how that play as long as they look cool, Lol

I understand why you would say something like this, considering the longharns have the absolute ugliest uniforms of any sport. LOL.

BwdLions
11-15-2014, 12:09 PM
I understand why you would say something like this, considering the longharns have the absolute ugliest uniforms of any sport. LOL.

You couldn't be more wrong. The Horns, Michigan and USC have the best uniforms in football. That's why they don't change much. The wild changes for most teams is to try and help recruiting. Maybe it works, maybe not.

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2014, 12:29 PM
You couldn't be more wrong. The Horns, Michigan and USC have the best uniforms in football. That's why they don't change much. The wild changes for most teams is to try and help recruiting. Maybe it works, maybe not.

Maybe the Longhorns oughta make a change to help their recruiting out a bit then. The traditionals don't seem to be getting it done....

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 03:43 PM

Uniforms
Michigan = OK to ugly
USC = uglier
Ut = ugliest

A&M throwback uniforms = cool

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Prediction:

A&M 34
Mizzou 31

Myles Garrett gets at least 2 sacks. Aggie defense gives up 400+ yds

Saggy Aggie
11-15-2014, 07:31 PM
Nvm, Myles isn't playing....

1st and goal
11-15-2014, 07:59 PM
No Myles, a win will be tough to get. No Ivan Robinson either.

bigcountry
11-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Maybe the Longhorns oughta make a change to help their recruiting out a bit then. The traditionals don't seem to be getting it done....

No. Not going to worry about the uniform BS. We will let a program that is gaining traction do the trick on recruiting. And....aggy going to aggy again...another fat loss at home to get you back under .500 in conference and near the bottom of the SEC West. Really doesn't matter which conference the agroids are in....they always migrate to the middle or bottom of the pack. Laughable. And it is sweet to see!

Deuce
11-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Aggies D-line is so deep without their freshman superstar! Lmao!!!

hookandladder
11-16-2014, 01:01 AM
No. Not going to worry about the uniform BS. We will let a program that is gaining traction do the trick on recruiting. And....aggy going to aggy again...another fat loss at home to get you back under .500 in conference and near the bottom of the SEC West. Really doesn't matter which conference the agroids are in....they always migrate to the middle or bottom of the pack. Laughable. And it is sweet to see!

Could not have said it any better, ATM sucks again. LMAO

hookandladder
11-16-2014, 01:06 AM

Yea typical comment from another aggy , guess them uniforms could not do it again tonight. ATM sucks, get use to it. Lol

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2014, 09:15 AM
It's actually good that A&M lost this game. Maybe it'll help expedite the change at DC. With all those true freshman starting, I'm excited. 2014 is not a concern

BwdLions
11-16-2014, 10:14 AM
It's actually good that A&M lost this game. Maybe it'll help expedite the change at DC. With all those true freshman starting, I'm excited. 2014 is not a concern

That's the spirit. There's always a good reason to lose.

Bullaholic
11-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Sure miss the Ags vs Horns game during the Thanksgiving Holidays....They ought to make a real effort to start playing again.

Saggy Aggie
11-16-2014, 11:45 AM
That's the spirit. There's always a good reason to lose.

Short term pain for long term gain

hookandladder
11-16-2014, 04:27 PM
Sure miss the Ags vs Horns game during the Thanksgiving Holidays....They ought to make a real effort to start playing again.

Have to agree , with all **** talking at least at the end of the year one team actually has bragging rights won on the field. Still could happen in a bowl game this year, Texas-TCU Thanksgiving game has much more interest this year. Like I said before Texas-OSU game , a Texas win against OSU sets us up nice against TCU. Texas has a good shot at upsetting TCU, Hookem.

1st and goal
11-16-2014, 06:23 PM
I actually wish A&M's season was over right now. Their Defense is so depleted due to injuries. About like wet tissue paper.

The offense could not sustain a drive for the most part. The O-line not so dominant, the play calling, etc.

Like I said before, if you are a high school senior (or a kick arse junior transfer), a blue chipper on defense, and you want to play next year, just sign on up with A&M. We need in no particular order, linebackers, cornerbacks, D-linemen. I promise, if you're good, you can keep out of trouble with the po-po, and you can pass your exams, you can be a star in the SEC west next year. No reason to wait on the sidelines for years, waiting for your 15 seconds of fame, just sign on up.

Seriously, I think we'll be better next year, but 2 years out looks even better IMO.

hookandladder
11-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I actually wish A&M's season was over right now. Their Defense is so depleted due to injuries. About like wet tissue paper.

The offense could not sustain a drive for the most part. The O-line not so dominant, the play calling, etc.

Like I said before, if you are a high school senior (or a kick arse junior transfer), a blue chipper on defense, and you want to play next year, just sign on up with A&M. We need in no particular order, linebackers, cornerbacks, D-linemen. I promise, if you're good, you can keep out of trouble with the po-po, and you can pass your exams, you can be a star in the SEC west next year. No reason to wait on the sidelines for years, waiting for your 15 seconds of fame, just sign on up.

Seriously, I think we'll be better next year, but 2 years out looks even better IMO.

So your saying Sumlin has not upgraded the defense one bit in his 3 years of recruiting, if so what makes you think 2 more years will make. Sumlin is all offense, no defense and will never change.

1st and goal
11-17-2014, 09:16 AM
So your saying Sumlin has not upgraded the defense one bit in his 3 years of recruiting, if so what makes you think 2 more years will make. Sumlin is all offense, no defense and will never change.

No, I'm saying our Defense is decimated with injuries and 3 individuals who prefered a life of crime.

hookandladder
11-17-2014, 10:16 AM
No, I'm saying our Defense is decimated with injuries and 3 individuals who prefered a life of crime.

Damn, that sounds like some other team in Texas early in the year. You would think Sumlin would have more depth on his team by now with 3 years of recruiting, sounds like a poor excuse to me and maybe just bad coaching. Lol

1st and goal
11-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Damn, that sounds like some other team in Texas early in the year. You would think Sumlin would have more depth on his team by now with 3 years of recruiting, sounds like a poor excuse to me and maybe just bad coaching. Lol

Sounds like you don't like coach Sumlin or the Aggies. We get it.

hookandladder
11-17-2014, 03:43 PM
Sounds like you don't like coach Sumlin or the Aggies. We get it.

No and yes, just stating by now Sumlin should have enough recruited players to get it done. Hey look on the bright side, Turkey day your aggys and LSU fighting for 6th place in the sec west. Now that's something to brag about, sec,sec.LMAO