PDA

View Full Version : Bellville and Gladewater

Bullaholic
11-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Both these teams doing very well---somebody tell us more about them---Darkhorses???

waterboy
11-03-2014, 05:29 PM
Gladewater season results:

Gladewater 20, Daingerfield 13
Gladewater 77, Pittsburg 14
St. Thomas More (Louisiana) 42, Gladewater 21
Gladewater 37, Carthage 23
Gladewater 25, Kilgore 21
Gladewater 52, Tatum 8
Gladewater 36, Atlanta 14
Gladewater 41, Pleasant Grove 21
Gladewater 54, Spring Hill 14

Record 8-1, 4-0

Bellville season results:

Bellville 3, Caldwell 0
Stafford 14, Bellville 9
Bellville 35, Giddings 21
Bellville 16, Sealy 2
Bellville 62, Bay City 6
Bellville 55, Gonzales 21
Bellville 49, Brookshire Royal 0
Bellville 31, Wharton 30
Bellville 31, Sweeny 0
Bellville 41, Columbus 7

Record 9-1, 4-0

The Bull #40
11-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Both these teams doing very well---somebody tell us more about them---Darkhorses???

Our team has surprised me as well this year, we returned ZERO offensive starters from last year so that definitely contributed to our slow start this season. Coach Rowe has done a remarkable job (as always) of putting kids in the right spots to make big plays for the Brahmas. We are small on both sides of the ball, so that concerns me later in the playoffs if we match up against a team with size on their O or D line. Our offense is primarily run-based but our QB is more than competent enough to throw the ball and is extremely effective off of the play action. Our defense flies to the ball and plays like they are 5X their size, they're impressive to watch. Interestingly enough, I also feel like we have a better kicker than we've had in recent years, which allows us to kick FGs on occasions where we would have had to go for it or punt of 4th down, and I think that is extremely beneficial in HS football and even more so in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
11-03-2014, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_8tRi4zobo

We did not play 'em this year...highlites from last year...without looking, we have played 'em 60 times (they are 13 miles away)...they are the real deal this year...smash mouth, run at and over you, tough bunch with a take no prisoner ettitude

Saggy Aggie
11-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Gladewater will have the best player on the field in every game they play, no matter who they play.

Simple Man
11-03-2014, 09:55 PM
Gladewater will have the best player on the field in every game they play, no matter who they play.

That's where you are wrong. If they play gilmer the most dominant player on the field will be Blake lynch. Sorry to burst your bubble. Sit back and watch.

Aggie98
11-03-2014, 10:24 PM
That's where you are wrong. If they play gilmer the most dominant player on the field will be Blake lynch. Sorry to burst your bubble. Sit back and watch.

Daylon Mack >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blake Lynch.

IMO. No offense to Lynch.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-04-2014, 10:27 PM
for those that are thinking Bellville is going to play Gladewater in the first round they are not! Bellville will play the winner of Smithville vs Salado in the first round. this is just a comparison of two teams that were not expected to do as well as they have.

Leopardfan201
11-04-2014, 11:26 PM
I hope bellville not playing Gladewater they would be blown out

Saggy Aggie
11-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Lol man... Daylon mack is like the JJ watt of high school. If lynch is better than him, I'd love to see lynch play.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-05-2014, 08:15 AM
dont think it would be a blow out bellvilles d has given up only 96 points and gladewater 170. i wouldnt count the brahmas out that quick.

waterboy
11-05-2014, 08:20 AM
It's really hard to compare the two. They are two totally different type of players in totally different positions. Both are very good. Daylon Mack is a 5-star recruit, and Blake Lynch is a 4-star recruit at last check. I think both players will have an impact at the next level. Mack would probably have more of an impact because there are fewer DL with his size, strength, and speed in the nation. Lynch is 6'3", about 205 lbs., and runs a 4.4 40. He has good hands, good vision, and is really smart, not to mention he has that "it" factor. Everytime he touches the ball he's a threat to take it to the house. His first four touches this season on offense, he did just that. He's averaging a TD about every 3 to 4 touches on offense. Both are amazing players.

speedbump
11-05-2014, 08:29 AM

If they could blow out a team with Bellvilles defense, what would they do to LG?

lostaussie
11-05-2014, 10:13 AM
Lol man... Daylon mack is like the JJ watt of high school. If lynch is better than him, I'd love to see lynch play.He may be, he is very good. But he has been a non-factor in all 3 of the whuppins we have put on him so far.

buckeyebob
11-07-2014, 11:45 AM
Lol man... Daylon mack is like the JJ watt of high school. If lynch is better than him, I'd love to see lynch play.

Here is a taste...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzg80SLufw&feature=youtu.be

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2014, 11:56 AM
He may be, he is very good. But he has been a non-factor in all 3 of the whuppins we have put on him so far.

Well as evidenced by JJ watt, you can only do so much given the players around you

whitelightning5
11-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Any footage of Mack?

d0tc0m
11-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Here is a taste...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urzg80SLufw&feature=youtu.be

Lynch doesn't even look like he's trying half the time. I don't know if that's encouraging or just flat out scary...but the kid clearly has talent for days. And, to be honest, the clips I've seen of him at receiver are far more impressive than his long runs out of that Wildcat look, or whatever Gilmer calls it.

waterboy
11-07-2014, 04:11 PM
To be honest, neither Mack or Lynch will be the best athlete on the field if they meet up. That would go to Kris Boyd. Check out some of his highlights. He has some serious speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRkqQb1rbds

cowboyandchrist
11-07-2014, 06:57 PM
The Mack is the number one rated DL in the nation. He may very well be the best player on the field, no matter who they play.

Saggy Aggie
11-07-2014, 08:41 PM
The Mack is the number one rated DL in the nation. He may very well be the best player on the field, no matter who they play.

Like I said...