PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia at Texas on Saturday afternoon

Scoop27
11-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Longhorns will have their work cut out for them against the Mountaineers
Game is 2:30 p.m. on Fox Sports 1 -Channel 219 on DirecTV

Macarthur
11-03-2014, 12:44 PM
I think WV is pretty fired up after a close loss to TCU. WV by 17.

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 02:50 PM
3 + touchdowns. WV is pretty damd good.

hookandladder
11-03-2014, 03:46 PM
3 + touchdowns. WV is pretty damd good.

I am surprised by your prediction, Lol

Saggy Aggie
11-03-2014, 08:05 PM
WV by 10

hookandladder
11-03-2014, 08:25 PM
WV by 10

Come on Saggy , you can do better then that. You getting soft in your old age, Lol

Saggy Aggie
11-03-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm just being honest. I don't think WV is THAT great and the Longhorns have improved a bit. Mountaineers by 10 sounds reasonable to me

I don't go out of my way to hate or make stupid predictions, just callin em like I see em as usual

hookandladder
11-03-2014, 09:55 PM
I'm just being honest. I don't think WV is THAT great and the Longhorns have improved a bit. Mountaineers by 10 sounds reasonable to me

I don't go out of my way to hate or make stupid predictions, just callin em like I see em as usual

Ok, since there is no ATM - Auburn thread, what is your prediction for that game. How you feel about your aggys, Allen gonna make a difference in this game .

Macarthur
11-03-2014, 10:22 PM
Ok, since there is no ATM - Auburn thread, what is your prediction for that game. How you feel about your aggys, Allen gonna make a difference in this game .

You can't go half a day without talking about the Aggies. Do you take medication?

hookandladder
11-04-2014, 07:19 AM
You can't go half a day without talking about the Aggies. Do you take medication?

The old Closet aggys strikes again, you pitiful and the question was not directed at you. Go away.

Saggy Aggie
11-04-2014, 11:04 AM
45-17 auburn.

Allen is not going to make a difference in this game. Like I said, he will make a difference in the long run. He's a freshman and plays like one. The ability is there.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2014, 12:01 PM
45-17 auburn.

Allen is not going to make a difference in this game. Like I said, he will make a difference in the long run. He's a freshman and plays like one. The ability is there.

It might be that at halftime. If there is a coach and a team that will hang 70 on the Ags it will them.

Rabid Cougar
11-04-2014, 12:02 PM
I am surprised by your prediction, Lol

What? 21 is not 50. I give tu's D some credit.

Scoop27
11-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Mountainers 48-40 in an exciting fourth quarter

Lion70
11-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Texas in a upset yeah I said it if not this game they will beat okie and tcu.

hookandladder
11-07-2014, 08:58 AM
Texas in a upset yeah I said it if not this game they will beat okie and tcu.

Damn I like what I am hearing, I hope your prediction comes true. Hookem.

hookandladder
11-07-2014, 09:06 AM
I think this game will be determined by the play of Swoopes, he has to be more acurate with his short to intermediate passes. If he does not give his receivers a chance to make things happen after the catch, it will be to many 3 and outs. Also the OL must have a good game, need to run ball for more than 2 yards on first down. Defense will need to play well also, Hookem.

Lion70
11-07-2014, 09:36 AM
Damn I like what I am hearing, I hope your prediction comes true. Hookem.

And then I see them playing the Ags in the Texas bowl in houston

hookandladder
11-07-2014, 10:28 AM
And then I see them playing the Ags in the Texas bowl in houston

That would be a hoot,Also should be a packed stadium since them Texans suck again this year. Lol

BwdLions
11-07-2014, 10:41 AM
I think this game will be determined by the play of Swoopes, he has to be more acurate with his short to intermediate passes. If he does not give his receivers a chance to make things happen after the catch, it will be to many 3 and outs. Also the OL must have a good game, need to run ball for more than 2 yards on first down. Defense will need to play well also, Hookem.

Swoops really needs his receivers to be more consistent. The dropped passes have really hurt this team at times this season. Hopefully we'll see more of the young receivers in there Sat. (Joe, Foreman & Leonard). Those three freshman have shown glimpses of what the future holds. They have speed and good hands. It would also be good to see a broader package of plays for Daje too. Getting him on the edge with screens and sweeps will help open up that WV defense.

I'm hopeful this will be a good game for the Horns. They need a bowl game. An additional two weeks of practice would do a lot of good. Plus, it'd be sad for the seniors to not make a bowl game.

hookandladder
11-07-2014, 12:31 PM
Swoops really needs his receivers to be more consistent. The dropped passes have really hurt this team at times this season. Hopefully we'll see more of the young receivers in there Sat. (Joe, Foreman & Leonard). Those three freshman have shown glimpses of what the future holds. They have speed and good hands. It would also be good to see a broader package of plays for Daje too. Getting him on the edge with screens and sweeps will help open up that WV defense.

I'm hopeful this will be a good game for the Horns. They need a bowl game. An additional two weeks of practice would do a lot of good. Plus, it'd be sad for the seniors to not make a bowl game.

Yes I will be really surprised if Daje is not more involved this week, would love to see him in the backfield on some flare or screen passes. He is a difference maker and he should be fully healthy this week, I do agree our receivers need to catch most all balls thrown their way however the passes need to be more acurate also. I am just hoping we come out fired up and ready to play 60 minutes, WV is a solid team however I think we can pull the upset. Hookem.

Celina8
11-08-2014, 09:58 AM
My understanding is that Texas lost another offensive lineman to injury so they are down to basically 6 lineman to finish out the year....I think this hurts our chances with WV as they do have a pretty good defense. I hope Charlie and company are really hitting the recruiting trail hard for Lineman!

Scoop27
11-08-2014, 04:55 PM
Longhorns up 21-3 in 2nd qtr and running game is working

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Texas is fighting for its bowl life today in Austin. They absolutely HAVE to have this win against the Mountaineers today, and then get a win against Okie State to become bowl eligible. Win this game NOW, and that sets the team up for a winning season in Charlie Strong's first year.....even after "cleaning house".

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Looks like the Texas D has done the job today for Horns Nation. They not only showed up, they terrorized. That Longhorn power run game is the only way to go for this year's team. This game is OVER, folks. The Horns Nation will be celebrating bigtime tonite in Austin.

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Texas 33
W. Va. 16

3 mins. left

Roughneck93
11-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Hookem....

hookandladder
11-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Hookem....

Double Hookem

Roughneck93
11-08-2014, 09:00 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2441086/coachsurf2.0.gif

Scoop27
11-08-2014, 11:15 PM
Missed the final three minutes of the game but recorded it

hookandladder
11-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Only thing you missed was great defense and some pretty ugly offense in the second half, man this game should have been over early in the 4th quarter. WV stacked the LOS and made Swoopes beat them with his arm and that did not work for us, looks like ATM did the same thing as far as the second half. Hey but a win is a win, Hookem

Roughneck93
11-09-2014, 09:02 PM
http://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2440914/diggs.0.gif