PDA

View Full Version : La Vega Pirates (4-5 / 3-1) vs Robinson Rockets (6-3 / 2-2)

Cam
11-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Will La Vega take the district title? I'm guessing a crazy high scoring game here...too much speed all over the field for that not to happen!...

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Will La Vega take the district title? I'm guessing a crazy high scoring game here...too much speed all over the field for that not to happen!...

I'm taking it that for one night you will be a Rocket Fan????? :2thumbsup:thumbsup::D

greendawg84
11-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Just for one night ! Go Rockets !!

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 12:40 PM
Ball game is in Robinson. I will take Robinson. I would not be suprised if LV took it though...... crazier things have happened.

Cam
11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
I'm taking it that for one night you will be a Rocket Fan????? :2thumbsup:thumbsup::D

yup!....I love me some Rockets!!!!:D

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 02:28 PM
yup!....I love me some Rockets!!!!:D

Better be careful.. Robinson might throw it just to spite the Brunettes..... Its been known to happen.

Cam
11-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Better be careful.. Robinson might throw it just to spite the Brunettes..... Its been known to happen.

:eek:...Rocket Man....what ya gonna say bout that??........

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 03:59 PM
:eek:...Rocket Man....what ya gonna say bout that??........

Tommy ain't no Willie and I don't think Willie did it out of spite, but to give his troops an easier path to State, which worked until he had to Ponder on his choice.

Cam, if you don't get the references:

Tommy is our coach's name
Willie is LV's coach's name

LV threw a game against the Lorena Kitties a few years ago (though the Kitties will vociferously deny it) which knocked us out of the playoffs and allowed LV to go D1, which I guess they thought was an easier path to the State Championship. It worked out for them except that they got beat by Ponder in the Championship game.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 04:01 PM

Trying to give the Brunettes some anxiety pains are we?

Did that affect y'all that year? I can't remember who the third team was...Connally or y'all?

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Trying to give the Brunettes some anxiety pains are we?

Did that affect y'all that year? I can't remember who the third team was...Connally or y'all?

Oh Willie did it on purpose.
Mexia was the other small school. Knocked Robinson out of going to the playoffs.

Lorena got in as the small school and LaVega went Big School.

Didn't impact us at all because we were exiled to Region 1 that year. The did it to get to us in the State Championship game. This was the year after CS beat them in Regionals at Floyd Casy and CS didn't schedule them in '08.

CS lost to Abilene Wylie in Regionals and they lost to Prosper in the Semis. Prosper then beat LaVega in the State Championship game.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Lorena

As bad as that sticks in the craw, you'd think I would've remembered that............:doh:

caleb_mccaig
11-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Mexia was the other small school. Knocked Robinson out of going to the playoffs.

Didn't impact us at all because we were exiled to Region 1 that year. The did it to get to us in the State Championship game. This was the year after CS beat them in Regionals at Floyd Casy and CS didn't schedule them in '08.

CS lost to Abilene Wylie in Regionals and they lost to Prosper in the Semis.

Knowing guys who played on this La Vega team, this was 100% true. They told us at the beginning of the year that all they wanted was to play us again in the state championship (Allegedly La Vega tried to schedule CS at WISD stadium in non-district week 0 and Bell said no, I'm not sure how true that is though)

As players we had no problem with each other off the field, but we hated each other on it and La Vega had everything to prove after we knocked them out Floyd Casey.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 05:18 PM

CS lost to Abilene Wylie in Regionals and they lost to Prosper in the Semis. Prosper then beat LaVega in the State Championship game.

That was 2008?

I forgot about y'all's exile............we'd had one ourselves I think maybe the realignment before............go East young men the UIL said, so we went. It was so dumb!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosper was the name of the school, not Ponder as I mentioned earlier, I thought Ponder sounded wrong, but it fit so right in my little diddy.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 05:19 PM
Knowing guys who played on this La Vega team, this was 100% true. They told us at the beginning of the year that all they wanted was to play us again in the state championship (Allegedly La Vega tried to schedule CS at WISD stadium in non-district week 0 and Bell said no, I'm not sure how true that is though)

As players we had no problem with each other off the field, but we hated each other on it and La Vega had everything to prove after we knocked them out Floyd Casey.

I went to that game, one of the best HS football games I've ever seen.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 05:26 PM

So, what I'd heard about his motivation was wrong, well I'll be.........learn something new EVERY day!

panfan
11-03-2014, 06:29 PM

Burnet needs to be worried about who they play this week and not these guys. :eek::eek:

stardog
11-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Just for one night ! Go Rockets !!
Only for about 3 hrs - Bring out them Scud Missiles

regaleagle
11-03-2014, 08:49 PM
When I went to the Robinson/Burnet game a few weeks ago, I was not impressed with the play-calling of the Rockets OC....whomever that may be. Imo, it appeared (to me, at least) that the Rockets were too one-dimensional offensively and did not spread the ball around to some of their other weapons to keep the defense more in check. But that was only one game, and perhaps some adjustments have been made since that loss....let's hope so. Defensively, Robinson's secondary can definitely be exposed to an accurate passing attack, but I'm not sure LaVega even rolls that way.....I can't find any stats on their Maxpreps site. I think the matchup with Burnet was a problem for Robinson that night, and the Rockets were not "ready" for what Burnet served up. This game will probably be a totally different kind of matchup and perhaps the Rockets will be in a better position both offensively and defensively to play their game this time around. That didn't happen at all against Burnet, just sayin'.

caleb_mccaig
11-03-2014, 08:55 PM
I went to that game, one of the best HS football games I've ever seen.

Lol it was nuts being a part of it. I still am pretty butthurt that we never got the film with the radio call.

By the way, Robinson and Liberty-Eylau in the state game the year before that was one I'll always remember also. I hated Robinson when I was in school, but I also had a lot of friends who were Rockets.

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Lol it was nuts being a part of it. I still am pretty butthurt that we never got the film with the radio call.

We may be able to rectify that.

Rabid Cougar
11-03-2014, 09:24 PM
When I went to the Robinson/Burnet game a few weeks ago, I was not impressed with the play-calling of the Rockets OC....whomever that may be. Imo, it appeared (to me, at least) that the Rockets were too one-dimensional offensively and did not spread the ball around to some of their other weapons to keep the defense more in check. But that was only one game, and perhaps some adjustments have been made since that loss....let's hope so. Defensively, Robinson's secondary can definitely be exposed to an accurate passing attack, but I'm not sure LaVega even rolls that way.....I can't find any stats on their Maxpreps site. I think the matchup with Burnet was a problem for Robinson that night, and the Rockets were not "ready" for what Burnet served up. This game will probably be a totally different kind of matchup and perhaps the Rockets will be in a better position both offensively and defensively to play their game this time around. That didn't happen at all against Burnet, just sayin'.

LV Primarily a running team with Zone read and can throw when it has to.

Rocket Man
11-03-2014, 10:08 PM

By the way, Robinson and Liberty-Eylau in the state game the year before that was one I'll always remember also. I hated Robinson when I was in school, but I also had a lot of friends who were Rockets.

Yeah, we hate each other but we're friends..........I know lots of folks who live in CS, geography is really the only difference....that and a few shades of blue

greendawg84
11-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Burnet needs to be worried about who they play this week and not these guys. :eek::eek:

I should have known you would be over here causing trouble panfan ! Now get back over to your own thread ..... oh wait , there isnt one for your big game against the powerhouse of Bandera is there ..... be patient you will have to wait until after Friday's games to figure out who yall play ....:kiss:

panfan
11-04-2014, 09:32 AM
I should have known you would be over here causing trouble panfan ! Now get back over to your own thread ..... oh wait , there isnt one for your big game against the powerhouse of Bandera is there ..... be patient you will have to wait until after Friday's games to figure out who yall play ....:kiss:

Just a reminder to the calfpuppies that we expect ya'll in the 3rd round - just hoping ya'll haven't forgotten it. :evilgrin::stirpot:

greendawg84
11-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Just a reminder to the calfpuppies that we expect ya'll in the 3rd round - just hoping ya'll haven't forgotten it. :evilgrin::stirpot:

We aint forgot , was hoping for a 4th round meeting but 3rd will work just fine .

caleb_mccaig
11-04-2014, 01:02 PM
We may be able to rectify that.

I've only been waiting for six years.....

varsity parent
11-05-2014, 01:48 AM
Tommy ain't no Willie and I don't think Willie did it out of spite, but to give his troops an easier path to State, which worked until he had to Ponder on his choice.

Cam, if you don't get the references:

Tommy is our coach's name
Willie is LV's coach's name

LV threw a game against the Lorena Kitties a few years ago (though the Kitties will vociferously deny it) which knocked us out of the playoffs and allowed LV to go D1, which I guess they thought was an easier path to the State Championship. It worked out for them except that they got beat by Ponder in the Championship game.
Not too many of us deny it. It did happen

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2014, 09:18 AM
I seriously doubt that Willie would throw this one. Just had to shake Cam up.

panfan
11-05-2014, 09:37 AM

So back on topic - who wins? Winner of this game have some big implications on who seeds where. Does Robinson win - if so why? Does La Vega win - if so why? Rocket and Pirate folks- lay it out there. I don't care if ya'll say Pirates win cause we run on peg legs and defenders can't grab nothing but splinters - but give us something!!!

Rocket Man
11-05-2014, 09:46 AM

I think Cam was "concerned" that Tommy would throw it, that would make LV first and the Brunettes second.

Rocket Man
11-05-2014, 09:54 AM
So back on topic - who wins? Winner of this game have some big implications on who seeds where. Does Robinson win - if so why? Does La Vega win - if so why? Rocket and Pirate folks- lay it out there. I don't care if ya'll say Pirates win cause we run on peg legs and defenders can't grab nothing but splinters - but give us something!!!

Well, now that the light has come on in Bellmead, I think this game could go either way, especially given the schizophrenic nature of the Rockets this year. Nevertheless, I will of course be rooting for the Rockets!

More importantly, I will immensely enjoy knowing that, even if for one night, Cam, greendawg84 and stardog will be Rocket fans!!!

greendawg84
11-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Well, now that the light has come on in Bellmead, I think this game could go either way, especially given the schizophrenic nature of the Rockets this year. Nevertheless, I will of course be rooting for the Rockets!

More importantly, I will immensely enjoy knowing that, even if for one night, Cam, greendawg84 and stardog will be Rocket fans!!!

Not a whole night , just 3.5 hrs , then it's game back on ! Go Rockets !!!! :helpme:

Rocket Man
11-05-2014, 11:40 AM
Not a whole night , just 3.5 hrs , then it's game back on ! Go Rockets !!!! :helpme:

What if we go into OT and it takes longer than 3.5 hrs????? :D

stardog
11-05-2014, 11:52 AM

If you can't whop'em in 3 hrs then your on your own !!!!!

greendawg84
11-05-2014, 02:10 PM

My heart wont be able to take anything over 3.5 hrs , so please take care of them quickly .

Rocket Man
11-05-2014, 02:21 PM
My heart wont be able to take anything over 3.5 hrs , so please take care of them quickly .

I think it's gonna be a lot harder now, #14 got kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons.

greendawg84
11-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I think it's gonna be a lot harder now, #14 got kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons.

I did hear that last night from my buddy that lives there . Said they have lost 7 starters in 3 weeks for various reasons .
That is a HUGE loss on defense for you guys .

Rabid Cougar
11-05-2014, 04:44 PM
I did hear that last night from my buddy that lives there . Said they have lost 7 starters in 3 weeks for various reasons .
That is a HUGE loss on defense for you guys .

They have 35 seniors..... they should have enough to work with.

Rocket Man
11-05-2014, 04:58 PM
They have 35 seniors..... they should have enough to work with.

Yes, but not all seniors are equal, but as Doris Day used to say, "Que sera, sera.......whatever will be will be.....the future's not ours to see.....Que sera, sera......oops....got a little carried away there.....back to your regular programming

varsity parent
11-06-2014, 02:17 AM
Dang! Another one? Thought I saw on here somewhere that he was a straight A type student

Rabid Cougar
11-06-2014, 09:15 AM
Dang! Another one? Thought I saw on here somewhere that he was a straight A type student

Usually the worst ones.

varsity parent
11-06-2014, 06:30 PM
Usually the worst ones.
Probably back just in time for play-offs. That cat is a stud! Seems he is in on just about every tackle. I would say that he is probably better than the middle LB.

panfan
11-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Rockets need to care of bidness tonight. Count LH panthers as Rocket fans tonight, we just want Burnet in the third round. Good Luck Rockets! Oh and Go Panthers - beat the Bulldogs (Bandera).

Rocket Man
11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Rockets need to care of bidness tonight. Count LH panthers as Rocket fans tonight, we just want Burnet in the third round. Good Luck Rockets! Oh and Go Panthers - beat the Bulldogs (Bandera).

Well, like I mentioned on another thread: I'll do my job which is yelling, drinking a Dr. Pepper and munching on a Milky Way!

lv2937
11-07-2014, 12:54 PM
Are you sure you want us in the 3rd round. If I was a panther, I wouldn't want a Burnet Bulldawg at any time during the playoffs

Cam
11-07-2014, 01:54 PM

GO NASA GO!!...actually, I'm not too concerned about this game....Burnet will play whomever in the playoffs and they'll all be good teams.....it would still be nice to win district if they could....plus, that would insure them of being in Liberty Hill's bracket and hopefully a future date!....panfan wants this meeting so bad he had to go to the doctor for some clonazepam (anxiety meds)....and, he had to visit a podiatrist cause he chewed all his toenails down to the fleshy part!!!....least that's what his Mrs. said!......that boy must be something flexible cause panfan is a big dude!!!......:doh:
anyways....good luck to both the NASA's and the JOHNNY DEPPS!!!...:D

Rocket Man....look at your PM....

....this is all Greendawg's fault!....

Cam
11-07-2014, 02:02 PM

G-Dawg....your heart can't take anything over 43 minutes!!!...:D

Cam
11-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Well, like I mentioned on another thread: I'll do my job which is yelling, drinking a Dr. Pepper and munching on a Milky Way!

Dr. Pepper and a Milky Way??.....I got the craps just thinkin' about that combination!!...I prefer Three Muskateerssss.....or plain M&M's mixed in with popcorn.....I learned that popcorn thing at the movies!!....

Rocket Man
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
Dr. Pepper and a Milky Way??.....I got the craps just thinkin' about that combination!!...I prefer Three Muskateerssss.....or plain M&M's mixed in with popcorn.....I learned that popcorn thing at the movies!!....

Good, more for me that way.

Just sent you a test text