6 Bellville 38.7 9-1
7 Celina 37.7 7-2
8 Cuero 37.3 7-2
9 Hardin-Jefferson (Sour Lake) 34.9 8-1
10 Sweetwater 32.8 9-0
11 Navarro (Geronimo) 32.8 8-1

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Just took someone 9 weeks to see something very obvious in D2.

YTBulldogs
11-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Congrats LaGrange. Finally.:thumbsup:

Dawgfan64
11-02-2014, 10:03 PM
I'd prefer to be over looked and underestimated. Congrats La Grange :2thumbsup

poisoned10
11-02-2014, 10:17 PM

That same someone has Atlanta 1 spot ahead of a team they lost to pretty badly.

Leopardfan201
11-02-2014, 10:33 PM
LG and Gilmer still have alot too prove before maybe thr game in jerryworld so we shall see whos better

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 11:09 PM
That same someone has Atlanta 1 spot ahead of a team they lost to pretty badly.

Hopefully they notice this quicker than ya'lls booboo?

Pudlugger
11-02-2014, 11:44 PM

Although I appreciate the sentiment Snotbubbles, the MaxPrep ratings are based on statistical data that is plugged into an algorithm which is entirely objective. They take into consideration scores, strength of schedule, win/loss and other data so it takes time for the cream to rise to the top. The deeper into the season the more data and the more accurate the ranking becomes. LG was ranked #3 or 4 a month or so ago and gradually rose to the #1 position last week. Rankings are nice but you have to prove it on the field.

movethechain
11-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Although I appreciate the sentiment Snotbubbles, the MaxPrep ratings are based on statistical data that is plugged into an algorithm which is entirely objective. They take into consideration scores, strength of schedule, win/loss and other data so it takes time for the cream to rise to the top. The deeper into the season the more data and the more accurate the ranking becomes. LG was ranked #3 or 4 a month or so ago and gradually rose to the #1 position last week. Rankings are nice but you have to prove it on the field.

So, what you are saying is that if Gilmer had already played 10 games that they would probably be #1 ??? More data, don't ya know?

WOS87
11-03-2014, 12:54 AM
So, what you are saying is that if Gilmer had already played 10 games that they would probably be #1 ??? More data, don't ya know?

Not sure what algorithm they use but most current ones have a cutoff of winning margin so all those 70 and 80+ point games are pulled back a few notches as they should be. Ranked Hardin-Jefferson was complaining that WOS was not taking a knee when we were up 42-14 in the 4th but they were an actual threat. I will be shocked if Coach T humiliates Scarborough in two weeks. We should be safely ahead by half, doubt any starters will be in in the 2nd half and wouldn't be surprised if we only score 1 or 2 after that if that. You can't put games that include good sportsmanship for keeping the score from getting completely out of control and include games of teams that blow the score up as high as possible in the same algorithm without having a cap or it's statistically useless. If you're 60 points ahead what possible use can you get from continuing to run offensive plays other than potential injuries? It's like the NFL practicing against NCAA.

Pudlugger
11-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Apparently the number of games differential does not matter as LG was #1 last week when we were 9-0.

As for WOS87's concern for running up the score I think he is correct that there is a limit to how much the score can help as in the case of LG they have conscientiously sought to limit the margin of victory to less than 50 in all their games. If you look at their box scores the scoring drops off in the second half. It is a bit of a mystery how they come up with the rankings though.

movethechain
11-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Apparently the number of games differential does not matter as LG was #1 last week when we were 9-0.

As for WOS87's concern for running up the score I think he is correct that there is a limit to how much the score can help as in the case of LG they have conscientiously sought to limit the margin of victory to less than 50 in all their games. If you look at their box scores the scoring drops off in the second half. It is a bit of a mystery how they come up with the rankings though.

Last week when Gilmer was 8-0?

waterboy
11-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Personally, I don't see where rankings matter at all. This ain't the old BCS. Every team will get a chance to make their statement in the end, and the only "ranking" that matters will be after ALL the games have been played. If a team wins their LAST game, that's all that will matter to them.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2014, 10:38 AM
Personally, I don't see where rankings matter at all. This ain't the old BCS. Every team will get a chance to make their statement in the end, and the only "ranking" that matters will be after ALL the games have been played. If a team wins their LAST game, that's all that will matter to them.

All agree. I think issues here is that the polls had/have you ranked #1 most the year, and had no bases for that. Especially from week 6 on, and they can see your opponents strength and weaknesses. You should get ranked on what you've done and who you did it against. Yes, the end game could very well proclaim you #1, but--that ranking needs to earned during the season IMO. No one is saying Gilmer isn't going to be #1. Just not proven that yet.

waterboy
11-03-2014, 10:52 AM
All agree. I think issues here is that the polls had/have you ranked #1 most the year, and had no bases for that. Especially from week 6 on, and they can see your opponents strength and weaknesses. You should get ranked on what you've done and who you did it against. Yes, the end game could very well proclaim you #1, but--that ranking needs to earned during the season IMO. No one is saying Gilmer isn't going to be #1. Just not proven that yet.

True, and like I said, we'll definitely get that opportunity just like everybody else. We can't help what the UIL did with our schedule, and the predistrict schedule looked a little daunting before the season based on recent history, but it is what it is.

Aguilafanatico
11-03-2014, 10:59 AM
True, and like I said, we'll definitely get that opportunity just like everybody else. We can't help what the UIL did with our schedule, and the predistrict schedule looked a little daunting before the season based on recent history, but it is what it is.

Doesn't matter. When the season ends Gilmer will be the D2 Champs.

Lion70
11-03-2014, 11:04 AM

Remember last time yall played in the state championship I wouldn't order the rings just yet

waterboy
11-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Remember last time yall played in the state championship I wouldn't order the rings just yet

Believe me when I tell you this, ain't nobody in Gilmer that I know of even thinking that far ahead. Been there, done that. Too many good teams out there that will have a say in the matter.

waterboy
11-03-2014, 12:19 PM

That's what our goal is, but there are several very good teams who will have a say-so in the matter.

poisoned10
11-03-2014, 12:36 PM

The last time 'Aguilafantico's' team played in the state championship, which is ARGYLE, not GILMER, they came out ahead of Fairfield.

Pay attention to who is writing/typing something. Just because a team is named doesn't mean that person is associated with said team.

YTBulldogs
11-03-2014, 01:20 PM
The last time 'Aguilafantico's' team played in the state championship, which is ARGYLE, not GILMER, they came out ahead of Fairfield.

Pay attention to who is writing/typing something. Just because a team is named doesn't mean that person is associated with said team.

:spitlol: Now, coaches using 'Aguilafantico's' remarks when they face Gilmer.

BB BULLS
11-03-2014, 01:23 PM

i agree 100% after this weeks games its a whole new season starts and it is called play until lose. everyone is 0-0 again

buckeyebob
11-03-2014, 02:50 PM

I am going to plagiarize this...http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/2/dancing-banana-homer-simpson-smiley-emoticon.gif (http://www.sherv.net/)

buckeyebob
11-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Not sure what algorithm they use but most current ones have a cutoff of winning margin so all those 70 and 80+ point games are pulled back a few notches as they should be. Ranked Hardin-Jefferson was complaining that WOS was not taking a knee when we were up 42-14 in the 4th but they were an actual threat. I will be shocked if Coach T humiliates Scarborough in two weeks. We should be safely ahead by half, doubt any starters will be in in the 2nd half and wouldn't be surprised if we only score 1 or 2 after that if that. You can't put games that include good sportsmanship for keeping the score from getting completely out of control and include games of teams that blow the score up as high as possible in the same algorithm without having a cap or it's statistically useless. If you're 60 points ahead what possible use can you get from continuing to run offensive plays other than potential injuries? It's like the NFL practicing against NCAA.

We even took back a TD by a senior on Senior Night...he is on the Scout Team & was his first & only...we will always remember for him

buff4ever
11-03-2014, 03:07 PM
According to this ranking, all three teams that Giddings has loss to this year are in this top ten. LG and Bellville we played really well, and Cuero just kicked our butt. Must have been a match up thing with them.

LHPfactory
11-03-2014, 03:18 PM
LH has lost to #1 (DII) La Grange and #3 (DI) AW...... By 1 TD to AW...... We are aweful, just plain aweful!!!!

If we were as good as Burnet we would be undefeated right now, right CAM and the rest of the dog pound????

Aguilafanatico
11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
:spitlol: Now, coaches using 'Aguilafantico's' remarks when they face Gilmer.

If teams need extra motivation to get up for Gilmer, it certainly won't matter.

waterboy
11-03-2014, 04:27 PM
If teams need extra motivation to get up for Gilmer, it certainly won't matter.

Ain't that the truth? If you need any bulletin board material to get up for Gilmer you're already behind the 8-ball.

That's like me saying:

It doesn't matter, Argyle will be the next D2 champs.

:D

garciap77
11-04-2014, 01:32 PM

Si, Chango! :2thumbsup

waterboy
11-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Si, Chango! :2thumbsup

Where you been this season? Maybe we can both make it to Jerry's World in December... Tall task, I know, for both teams, but it "could" happen.

garciap77
11-04-2014, 02:02 PM
Where you been this season? Maybe we can both make it to Jerry's World in December... Tall task, I know, for both teams, but it "could" happen.

If do I'll bring the beer!:2thumbsup

waterboy
11-04-2014, 02:21 PM
If do I'll bring the beer!:2thumbsup

You're alright! I don't care what ccmom says about you.:D

Steernation
11-04-2014, 03:35 PM
i dont see wylie ahead of graham. Wylie is a GREAT team dont get me wrong, just dont see them ahead of Graham

waterboy
11-04-2014, 03:45 PM
i dont see wylie ahead of graham. Wylie is a GREAT team dont get me wrong, just dont see them ahead of Graham

True. Especially considering Graham has already beaten Wylie earlier in the year. It is what it is, though, and rankings don't matter.

You also have to consider the Big Spring games. Graham lost to BS, and Wylie beat them handily. Who knows? You'll get your chance just like everybody else once the playoffs start.

slingshot
11-04-2014, 04:01 PM
i dont see wylie ahead of graham. Wylie is a GREAT team dont get me wrong, just dont see them ahead of GrahamAnybody can have an off night--I honestly think Graham is 2 TD's better that Big Spring and Wylie is 2 TD's better than Graham... JMO though. That's why we have playoffs and don't settle everything with polls.

Aguilafanatico
11-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Anybody can have an off night--I honestly think Graham is 2 TD's better that Big Spring and Wylie is 2 TD's better than Graham... JMO though. That's why we have playoffs and don't settle everything with polls.

:iagree:

hollywood
11-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Anybody can have an off night--I honestly think Graham is 2 TD's better that Big Spring and Wylie is 2 TD's better than Graham... JMO though. That's why we have playoffs and don't settle everything with polls.

Match ups matter slingshot. Not every team matches up the same. It is what it is. We'll find out Friday how Stephenville matches up with Wylie. For better or worse! ;)

slingshot
11-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Match ups matter slingshot. Not every team matches up the same. It is what it is. We'll find out Friday how Stephenville matches up with Wylie. For better or worse! ;)Agreed. It also matters mucho in HS football if a team is 'off' or flat on a given night. No doubt Big Spring was against us. No doubt we were against Graham. No doubt Graham was against Big Spring. Rematches of some of those games in the playoffs will be very interesting...

hollywood
11-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Agreed. It also matters mucho in HS football if a team is 'off' or flat on a given night. No doubt Big Spring was against us. No doubt we were against Graham. No doubt Graham was against Big Spring. Rematches of some of those games in the playoffs will be very interesting...

I totally agree. I honestly think Wylie is starting to click big time. We'll see how the Bulldogs match up with the Jackets this week. Expecting a another great atmosphere.

slingshot
11-04-2014, 06:18 PM
I totally agree. I honestly think Wylie is starting to click big time. We'll see how the Bulldogs match up with the Jackets this week. Expecting a another great atmosphere.Can't wait! Love those games where its all on the line, hard to describe but just an 'electric' atmosphere--lots of energy in the stadium.