PDA

View Full Version : Wylie @ Stephenville

ccmom
11-02-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm sure a mod can change this to the Region 1 GOTW if they choode.

Who ya got and why?

ccmom
11-02-2014, 09:33 PM

Who ya got and why?

Or if they CHOOSE :)

slingshot
11-02-2014, 10:01 PM
I choode Wylie by 14... :cool:

toddg
11-02-2014, 10:14 PM
I choode Wylie by 14... :cool:
Without Stidham, the Ville O not as dynamic, use KW to run, keep passing game simple..shorten the game!! Wylie D looks pretty dang tough..Jackets better play smart

95mustang
11-03-2014, 04:22 AM

Who ya got and why?

Choode? Wine getting to you....:p

Jacket97
11-03-2014, 07:45 AM
This is the way I see it this game is all about match ups. Stephenville has gained 500+ yards this entire season; every game they have played. AW's defense is great and was great against BS offense. But S'ville runs an offense that is nothing similar to BS. Stephenville will put points on board and will continue their streak of 500+ yards per game even against this stingy AW defense. This game will come down to key possessions and turnovers. If Stephenville loses the turnover battle they will have a tough time winning this game. AW is ball control on offense so Stephenville offense will have to play their best game. With all that said, Stephenville is at home against AW for the district championship. A tall order for even a great AW team. I will take Stephenville by 13+ points at home for the DC. Will be a great game to watch.

Jacket97
11-03-2014, 07:50 AM
Without Stidham, the Ville O not as dynamic, use KW to run, keep passing game simple..shorten the game!! Wylie D looks pretty dang tough..Jackets better play smart

Correct, not as dynamic; but was still able to put up 600+ yards of offense without JS. Offense will not be shut down. Coming off a bye week, this one will be fun and I look for the Jackets to suprise some teams in our district.

slingshot
11-03-2014, 08:55 AM
This ought to be a classic... Top 2 or 3 4A offense vs Top 2 or 3 4A defense--the kind of game we all look forward to all year. Jackets will be ready, we have no doubt. Last game for the seniors, open week to study film and prepare for Wylie, home field advantage, have never lost to us... doesn't matter--Bulldogs roll the Jackets by 14+. Your offense is going to have nightmares for weeks about #89 DE Baker--6'5", 260 and DI bound... you'll have to double him and maybe even chip him with a RB to slow him down. When you do that #88 Gilliam 6'4", 220 on the other side will eat you alive. If you come up with a scheme to stop both of them then you leave #81 Baylor-bound MLB Johnston 6'2", 215 to clean it up. Jackets will not score 54 this week. Also think our offense is really finally coming together--just don't see your defense stopping our ball control run game with just enough passing to keep your safeties honest.

Wylie 38--Ville 24. You heard it here first!

Old LB
11-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Wylie has found their stride, this will not be good for the Ville or 4A in general. Without Stidham it could get ugly, Stidham was the magic no matter how special all the homers think they are.

Sville
11-03-2014, 10:08 AM
IMO if Sville wins I think it will be because they got their defensive issues ironed out. We shall see, the Jackets are usually very good coming off a bye, 9-0 under Gillespie.

ccmom
11-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Couldn't ask for a more exciting way to end district play. To beat the Jackets in Cricketville on Sr night=quite a challenge, to say the least, but I believe this team is ready to do just that. I don't see it in blow out fashion the way the Dawgs beat Big Spring (NOBODY saw that coming if they are being honest), but I do think this defense is primed and ready to make another statement this Friday night. I also think Wylie's offensive style will frustrate the Sville D that has already been struggling this season at times.

I really believe Wylie wins by two scores, but the only thing I know for sure is that I can't wait for this game!! This district is sure to represent well in the playoffs!!

Now to the important question...have y'all handled the killer cricket issue? I mean, seriously, it's been 4 years since that horrifying experience and I still haven't completely recovered. I'm bringing ponchos, flyswatters, and whiskey, just in case!!! ;)

BwdLions
11-03-2014, 10:36 AM
The Wylie defense is very good, and the offense is getting better every week. My prediction is Wylie wins this one 42-28.

nobogey72
11-03-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't know who will win, but Stephenville stinks. Smells like 1 big dairy farm.:stirpot:

Sville
11-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Lucky for you ccmom cricket season is over.

slingshot
11-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Now on to the important stuff: Where is the best place to eat?

jason
11-03-2014, 11:11 AM
In my opinion the overall best place is the agave bar and grill. They have a bit of everything. There's a new place on the square called Greer's that is good and decently priced.
For the best Mexican then Jaliscos is your best bet.

slingshot
11-03-2014, 12:29 PM
In my opinion the overall best place is the agave bar and grill. They have a bit of everything. There's a new place on the square called Greer's that is good and decently priced.
For the best Mexican then Jaliscos is your best bet.Mmmm... you're making me hungry.

the Ville 89
11-03-2014, 01:01 PM
This ought to be a classic... Top 2 or 3 4A offense vs Top 2 or 3 4A defense--the kind of game we all look forward to all year. Jackets will be ready, we have no doubt. Last game for the seniors, open week to study film and prepare for Wylie, home field advantage, have never lost to us... doesn't matter--Bulldogs roll the Jackets by 14+. Your offense is going to have nightmares for weeks about #89 DE Baker--6'5", 260 and DI bound... you'll have to double him and maybe even chip him with a RB to slow him down. When you do that #88 Gilliam 6'4", 220 on the other side will eat you alive. If you come up with a scheme to stop both of them then you leave #81 Baylor-bound MLB Johnston 6'2", 215 to clean it up. Jackets will not score 54 this week. Also think our offense is really finally coming together--just don't see your defense stopping our ball control run game with just enough passing to keep your safeties honest.

Im not to worried about the two studs at DEs, well maybe one, our tackles are actually the strongest part of the Oline #58 Perez 6'2 240 and #50 Rudloff 6'2 240 are plenty big and welcome the opportunity to make names for themselves... if you would of said you had a stud D tackle now that a different story besides Gilliam's prime position is WR, I cant take to much into acoount a finesse Wr "all be it" a very very good one playing in the trnches as a De, now on the O side he will give us plenty trouble but as a DE not so much. Now to Johnston who reminds me a lil of Ralston from Argyle is a flat out stud but I question how much he will really be able to give going both ways. Going to be a great game!

canno
11-03-2014, 01:16 PM
Wylie wins 45-14

hollywood
11-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Alright alright alright... here we go. Each season brings surprises no one expects. At every level of football there are the unknowns. This can make weekly match ups and scenarios interesting and in this weeks case, it's the finale... Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie. I think back 2 years ago in 2012 when these 2 teams met in the Regional finals. We had heard that Wylie was tough and one of the best defenses Stephenville would have faced all season. And they were but Stephenville proved it wouldn't back down and kept pressure on the Wylie defense. We've heard this before and know and respect Wylie's team and program. But it's not a David vs Goliath scenario. It's a similar match up IMO as we saw in 2012 with the exception we are without our #1 signal caller. Not an excuse but things are different. With the Discrict Championship on the line and playoff seeding in the air, you couldn't ask for a better district match up. Wylie has played arguably one of the toughest schedules in all of 4A football and is sitting primed for the playoffs coming off of a huge win over Big Spring last week. Confidence is high for the suburban Abilenian's. Gotta love Sandifer's strategy. Similarly, Stephenville has played a schedule that is a couple of notches down on the strength level but has plenty of weight to consider. Stephenville has faced it's challenges this season having woes on the defensive side of the ball. But the offense has not had any issues scoring. Matter of fact, the offense is averaging over 500 yards a game. The big question mark is with Stidham out of the line up the next several weeks, Chavarria will have to step in and comand the offense, in which he proved he could do over a week ago in Big Spring. There are many unknowns coming into this week that makes for an exciting build up and one of them is how will the Jacket defense step up and handle the ball control power run game Wylie brings to the table? How will the Jacket offense handle one of the toughest defenses it's played so far this season? I like the match up. I think these 2 teams match up well with each other in terms of each teams strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the ball. I feel confident Stephenville will be prepared, it's up to the players to execute. Stephenville by 14. May the best team win!

Smitty
11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
For the best Mexican then Jaliscos is your best bet.

jalisco's is really good, but if you can't get in there, go across the road on the other side of the tracks to Don Nico's.

Greer's is good, but the rest is run of the mill small town grub IMO

Jake & Dorthy's is open until 2:00am on Fridays after the game.

toddg
11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
jalisco's is really good, but if you can't get in there, go across the road on the other side of the tracks to Don Nico's.

Jake & Dorthy's is open until 2:00am on Fridays after the game.but, of course!! just watch out for little green men!:cool:

slingshot
11-03-2014, 03:28 PM

Jake & Dorthy's is open until 2:00am on Fridays after the game.Oh my gosh! Forgot all about Jake and Dorothy's... how long has that place been open? My Dad always talked about going there when he went to Tarleton in the dark ages.

Sville
11-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Oh my gosh! Forgot all about Jake and Dorothy's... how long has that place been open? My Dad always talked about going there when he went to Tarleton in the dark ages.

1948 and they still have my favorite CFS that doesn't come from my wife's kitchen.;)

ccmom
11-03-2014, 04:02 PM
1948 and they still have my favorite CFS that doesn't come from my wife's kitchen.;)

I haven't eaten there in forever. Sounds yummy!!

BwdLions
11-03-2014, 04:20 PM
I haven't eaten at Jake & Dorothy's in over 20 years. Back when I played (in the early 80s) we were in a district with Sville, Granbury, Crowley, Mansfield and Everman. We also had scrimmages and playoff games up that direction. We ate two meals at Jake and Dorothy's every road game (when we went through Sville). The before game meal was a healthy meal, but the after game meal was chicken fried steak and waffle fries.

Do they still have the same owners?

hollywood
11-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Oh my gosh! Forgot all about Jake and Dorothy's... how long has that place been open? My Dad always talked about going there when he went to Tarleton in the dark ages.

I haven't eaten there in forever. Sounds yummy!!

I'm not a native of Stephenville but have been here since '95! It's a matter of preference of course. Think about Underwood's in Brownwood... some love it and some hate it. Same with Jake and Dorothy's... is meh to me. Chicken Fried Steak is ok, Mary's in Strawn is way better IMO. But for what it's worth, Jake and Dorothy's is your average diner restaurant and if you don't mind a smoking section, you'll be fine. I'd rather go to Greer's on the square... much cleaner atmosphere and food is pretty good and the CFS is above average. They have fried deviled eggs that I hear are a must try. I agree that Jalisco's is your best bet for the best tasting Tex-Mex in Stephenville but it's a dive if you don't mind that. Haven't been there in over a year but used to go quite often. Don Nico's is your good run of the mill Tex-Mex. Grump's Burgers is pretty good and not too far away from the stadium. As crowded as this game is probably is going to be, eating at Mi Familia's may be a good option. It's on the visiting side of the stadium and only a quarter of a mile from the visiting parking lot. Rather than fight the traffic to park at the stadium, we just park at Mi Familia's, eat then walk over to the stadium. Just some options.

toddg
11-03-2014, 04:36 PM
Alright alright alright... here we go. Each season brings surprises no one expects. At every level of football there are the unknowns. This can make weekly match ups and scenarios interesting and in this weeks case, it's the finale... Stephenville vs Abilene Wylie. I think back 2 years ago in 2012 when these 2 teams met in the Regional finals. We had heard that Wylie was tough and one of the best defenses Stephenville would have faced all season. And they were but Stephenville proved it wouldn't back down and kept pressure on the Wylie defense. We've heard this before and know and respect Wylie's team and program. But it's not a David vs Goliath scenario. It's a similar match up IMO as we saw in 2012 with the exception we are without our #1 signal caller. Not an excuse but things are different. With the Discrict Championship on the line and playoff seeding in the air, you couldn't ask for a better district match up. Wylie has played arguably one of the toughest schedules in all of 4A football and is sitting primed for the playoffs coming off of a huge win over Big Spring last week. Confidence is high for the suburban Abilenian's. Gotta love Sandifer's strategy. Similarly, Stephenville has played a schedule that is a couple of notches down on the strength level but has plenty of weight to consider. Stephenville has faced it's challenges this season having woes on the defensive side of the ball. But the offense has not had any issues scoring. Matter of fact, the offense is averaging over 500 yards a game. The big question mark is with Stidham out of the line up the next several weeks, Chavarria will have to step in and comand the offense, in which he proved he could do over a week ago in Big Spring. There are many unknowns coming into this week that makes for an exciting build up and one of them is how will the Jacket defense step up and handle the ball control power run game Wylie brings to the table? How will the Jacket offense handle one of the toughest defenses it's played so far this season? I like the match up. I think these 2 teams match up well with each other in terms of each teams strengths and weaknesses on both sides of the ball. I feel confident Stephenville will be prepared, it's up to the players to execute. Stephenville by 14. May the best team win!

in other words..you think the jackets will win...

slingshot
11-03-2014, 05:15 PM
in other words..you think the jackets will win...

Nahhh... he was being honest the 1st time when he picked Wylie by 21, he was just "informed" that Jacket fans never break the code and pick against their team--no matter what. Think they threatened to tar, feather, send him back to Brownwood and make him eat at Underwood's every day for a month. :speech:

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 05:19 PM
I'm not a native of Stephenville but have been here since '95! It's a matter of preference of course. Think about Underwood's in Brownwood... some love it and some hate it. Same with Jake and Dorothy's... is meh to me. Chicken Fried Steak is ok, Mary's in Strawn is way better IMO. But for what it's worth, Jake and Dorothy's is your average diner restaurant and if you don't mind a smoking section, you'll be fine. I'd rather go to Greer's on the square... much cleaner atmosphere and food is pretty good and the CFS is above average. They have fried deviled eggs that I hear are a must try. I agree that Jalisco's is your best bet for the best tasting Tex-Mex in Stephenville but it's a dive if you don't mind that. Haven't been there in over a year but used to go quite often. Don Nico's is your good run of the mill Tex-Mex. Grump's Burgers is pretty good and not too far away from the stadium. As crowded as this game is probably is going to be, eating at Mi Familia's may be a good option. It's on the visiting side of the stadium and only a quarter of a mile from the visiting parking lot. Rather than fight the traffic to park at the stadium, we just park at Mi Familia's, eat then walk over to the stadium. Just some options.

mmmmmm Mary's CFS mmmmmmm BIG AS THE PLATE!:crazy1:

jason
11-03-2014, 05:26 PM
mmmmmm Mary's CFS mmmmmmm BIG AS THE PLATE!:crazy1:
most overrated place in texas.
it's only as big as the plate because they put three of them on there...

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 05:29 PM
most overrated place in texas.
it's only as big as the plate because they put three of them on there...

YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have ate their a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz I am from Ranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

BwdLions
11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
YOU ARE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have ate their a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cuz I am from Ranger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know people won't like this (and I'm mildly sorry), but if you're wanting to say "I ate their (chicken fried steak) a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!" fine, but if you're talking about a location, it's "I ate there a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 05:43 PM
I know people won't like this (and I'm mildly sorry), but if you're wanting to say "I ate their (chicken fried steak) a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!" fine, but if you're talking about a location, it's "I ate there a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

hey here is a joke for ya WE WILL PLAY BROWNWOOD IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! their you like that there!

slingshot
11-03-2014, 06:21 PM
hey here is a joke for ya WE WILL PLAY BROWNWOOD IN THE FIRST ROUND!!!! shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! their you like that there!You really don't have to shout. Type in normal text and without the color and we'll still read it...

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 06:32 PM
You really don't have to shout. Type in normal text and without the color and we'll still read it...

Na gonna shout...get over it!

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 06:50 PM
But just know I am not doing this to shout...please enough with that grade school stuff...I can see it better that is all.. I think the default is too small n grey for me..maybe it is just my computer... As far as the post about Mary's it was a joke..

Smitty
11-03-2014, 07:02 PM

Jake & Dorthy's is now completely NON-SMOKING!

hollywood
11-03-2014, 07:07 PM
Nahhh... he was being honest the 1st time when he picked Wylie by 21, he was just "informed" that Jacket fans never break the code and pick against their team--no matter what. Think they threatened to tar, feather, send him back to Brownwood and make him eat at Underwood's every day for a month. :speech:

LOL... Ok, I laughed out loud on that slingshot!

regaleagle
11-03-2014, 08:16 PM
There's no way a coaching staff like Wylie has will not take full advantage of this year's great group of athletes that have been assembled. It may have taken a few games to help the players realize the total team potential, and to get that fully developed, but it is my belief that has now occurred. With the size, athleticism, and coaching all coming together at this juncture of the season, I'd have to give Wylie the edge against all the competition now in Region I. If both teams play their best game of the season, it should be a very close ballgame and could go either way. If Wylie is leading late in the 4th, it will be very difficult for Stephenville to score a TD, but maybe not a field goal....how's your kicker? I'm not sure this same scenario would apply in reverse, though. And I'm fairly certain Wylie has a good kicker, if needed. Either way, I've got this one as being a very close battle that will be decided late, late in the 4th. Maybe it will be a late score, or it could be a defensive stand, or it might even be a missed or made field goal. It should be very interesting. Good luck to both teams and come out rumbling.

BwdLion73
11-03-2014, 08:33 PM

Your going to have to give him a break, he said he lives in Ranger. ;)

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Your going to have to give him a break, he said he lives in Ranger. ;)

lol well I do have that going for me.....

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:24 PM
I'll take Wylie in a close one!

slingshot
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
I'll take Wylie in a close one!Oh No!!! This kiss of death! garciap77 picked us to win! We're doomed...

ccmom
11-03-2014, 10:27 PM
I'll take Wylie in a close one!

Well, there's the kiss of death!! ;)

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:28 PM
Oh No!!! This kiss of death! garciap77 picked us to win! We're doomed...

I mean the Honey Bees by 35+!

slingshot
11-03-2014, 10:28 PM
There's no way a coaching staff like Wylie has will not take full advantage of this year's great group of athletes that have been assembled. It may have taken a few games to help the players realize the total team potential, and to get that fully developed, but it is my belief that has now occurred. With the size, athleticism, and coaching all coming together at this juncture of the season, I'd have to give Wylie the edge against all the competition now in Region I. If both teams play their best game of the season, it should be a very close ballgame and could go either way. If Wylie is leading late in the 4th, it will be very difficult for Stephenville to score a TD, but maybe not a field goal....how's your kicker? I'm not sure this same scenario would apply in reverse, though. And I'm fairly certain Wylie has a good kicker, if needed. Either way, I've got this one as being a very close battle that will be decided late, late in the 4th. Maybe it will be a late score, or it could be a defensive stand, or it might even be a missed or made field goal. It should be very interesting. Good luck to both teams and come out rumbling.Sure would be nice to meet you guys in the semi's... lot of football between now and then though.

slingshot
11-03-2014, 10:29 PM
I mean the Honey Bees by 35+!That's more like it...

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:34 PM
That's more like it...
I'll just stick to pictures! Go Dogs!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719707.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719707.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719712.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719712.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719716.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719716.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719768.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719768.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719756.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719756.jpg.html)

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 10:42 PM
does anyone know how they will determine the seeding for this district.. all four are not set yet.. but lets say BS beats Bwood...then Bwood would be the 4th. If Wylie beat Ville then who will be 1 2 n 3... this happened in 09....when Bwood beat Graham...Graham beat Wylie...and Wylie beat Bwood....Note from that season both Graham and Wylie went to the state champ game... Graham D2 ... n Wylie D1...but this year we have no separation of divisions....? they gonna do the MOJO coin flip at a cafe thing...good stuff here..

briandumith*
11-03-2014, 10:45 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719707.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719707.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719712.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719712.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719716.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719716.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719768.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719768.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D719756.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D719756.jpg.html)

That was a good game!!!

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:45 PM

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D710063.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D710063.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:47 PM
Im not to worried about the two studs at DEs, well maybe one, our tackles are actually the strongest part of the Oline #58 Perez 6'2 240 and #50 Rudloff 6'2 240 are plenty big and welcome the opportunity to make names for themselves... if you would of said you had a stud D tackle now that a different story besides Gilliam's prime position is WR, I cant take to much into acoount a finesse Wr "all be it" a very very good one playing in the trnches as a De, now on the O side he will give us plenty trouble but as a DE not so much. Now to Johnston who reminds me a lil of Ralston from Argyle is a flat out stud but I question how much he will really be able to give going both ways. Going to be a great game!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D710006.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D710006.jpg.html)

Smitty
11-03-2014, 10:53 PM
the way I see it....if Wylie beats the Ville and BS beats BW the district will be this

Wylie
BS

Now if The Ville beats Wylie and BS beats BW then the district will be

The Ville
Wylie
BS
BW

I think!

garciap77
11-03-2014, 10:59 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7653.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DSC_7653.jpg.html)

Go Dogs!!!!!!!!!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_7673.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DSC_7673.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-03-2014, 11:12 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/MemorialWFStadium-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/MemorialWFStadium-1.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheFans-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/TheFans-1.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylieFans-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/WylieFans-1.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-03-2014, 11:12 PM

One question I have... Who's the dude in the lacrosse jacket?! Who in the world wears a lacrosse jacket to a football game?! Lol

ccmom
11-03-2014, 11:33 PM
the way I see it....if Wylie beats the Ville and BS beats BW the district will be this

Wylie
BS

Now if The Ville beats Wylie and BS beats BW then the district will be

The Ville
Wylie
BS
BW

I think!
I think the whole thing gives me a headache!! Is it Friday yet?

hollywood
11-03-2014, 11:35 PM
I love the confidence in these Wylie folks!! They are coming out of the wood works. Even Garciap77 has more posts on this thread than all the rest of 2014. It reminds me of 2005 when A&M beat OU. Never saw so many wrinkled shirts and sweat shirts dug out of the closets! Go Bulldogs! :cheerl:

ccmom
11-03-2014, 11:36 PM
I also think a new picture for my sig is way past due. Garcia, hook me up!!

bobcat1
11-03-2014, 11:50 PM
One question I have... Who's the dude in the lacrosse jacket?! Who in the world wears a lacrosse jacket to a football game?! Lol
You know... That guy from Livingston. :smoker:

garciap77
11-04-2014, 07:38 AM
I love the confidence in these Wylie folks!! They are coming out of the wood works. Even Garciap77 has more posts on this thread than all the rest of 2014. It reminds me of 2005 when A&M beat OU. Never saw so many wrinkled shirts and sweat shirts dug out of the closets! Go Bulldogs! :cheerl:

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Funny-English-Bulldog-Pics%20Honeybee%20copy_zpsf3b63130.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Funny-English-Bulldog-Pics%20Honeybee%20copy_zpsf3b63130.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I also think a new picture for my sig is way past due. Garcia, hook me up!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D713258.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D713258.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D713179.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D713179.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D713208.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D713208.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D713246.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D713246.jpg.html)

Here's some to pick from.

Sville
11-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Scenarios:

Wylie and BS win:
1. Wylie
2. BS
3. Sville
4. Bwood

Sville wins by less than 13 and BS wins
1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

Sville wins by 13+ and BS wins
1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. BS
4. Bwood

Sville wins by any margin and Bwood wins
1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. Bwood
4. BS

Wylie wins and Bwood wins by less than 13
1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

Wylie wins and Bwood wins by 13+
1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. Bwood
4. BS

I think that is all the scenarios and correct. :vrycnfsd:

ccmom
11-04-2014, 10:26 AM
Scenarios:

Wylie and BS win:
1. Wylie
2. BS
3. Sville
4. Bwood

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. Bwood
4. BS

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. Bwood
4. BS

Let's just go with the first scenario and move on :p

Smitty
11-04-2014, 10:46 AM

#3 or #4 would be the BOMB!!!!!!

GO KSTV!!!.......:clap:

slingshot
11-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Let's just go with the first scenario and move on :pDitto...

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:40 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/MemorialWFStadium-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/MemorialWFStadium-1.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/TheFans-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/TheFans-1.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylieFans-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/WylieFans-1.jpg.html)

No Doubt that is Wichita Falls Memorial Stadium...Hate that field... It has sink holes all over the place..

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Scenarios:

Wylie and BS win:
1. Wylie
2. BS
3. Sville
4. Bwood

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Sville
2. Wylie
3. Bwood
4. BS

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. BS
4. Bwood

1. Wylie
2. Sville
3. Bwood
4. BS

what if they tie???? lol

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:51 AM
From Dave Campbells: Region 1 playoff picture.
District 1-4A DI
Clinched Berth: Lubbock Estacado
Still Alive: Borger, Pampa, Seminole, Levelland
Key Games: Seminole at Borger, Pampa at Levelland
Analysis: Lubbock Estacado’s season is over. The Matadors clinched the district title with a win over Seminole last week. The rest of the district is in chaos, but the solution is quite simple. The winners of the key games listed above get in the playoffs. The losers, well, that comes down to a head-to-head tiebreaker. So yes, even if a team loses this weekend, it’s still very much alive for the final postseason spot. All four teams currently have 1-2 district records.
District 2-4A DI
Clinched Berth: Andres, Clint, Fabens
Still Alive: Mountain View, San Elizario
Key Games: Andrews at Clint, San Elizario at Mountain View
Analysis: Andrews and Clint will duke it out for the district title. Both teams head into this weekend’s game with 3-0 records. The loser gets the No. 2 seed. Fabens played its final game last week and locked up third place. The battle for the fourth and final playoff spot is between San Elizario and Mountain View. It’s basically a play-in game.
District 3-4A DI
Clinched Berth: Abilene Wylie, Big Spring, Stephenville, Brownwood
Still Alive: None
Key Games: Abilene Wylie at Stephenville, Brownwood at Big Spring
Analysis: We know which teams are getting in, but where will they be seeded? Abilene Wylie can clinch the top seed with a win over Stephenville. If Stephenville wins the game and Big Spring beats Brownwood, there will be a three-way tie for first place. The former seems like the more likely scenario. If it plays out that way, seeding will look like this: 1. Abilene Wylie 2. Big Spring 3. Stephenville 4. Brownwood.
District 4-4A DI
Clinched Berth: Graham, Decatur
Still Alive: Mineral Wells, WF Hirschi, Gainesville, Burkburnett
Key Games: Decatur at Graham, Gainesville at Mineral Wells, WF Hirschi at Burkburnett
Analysis: Graham and Decatur will clash for the district title. The winner gets the No. 1 seed while the loser gets the No. 2 seed. The final two playoffs spots are up for grabs. If Mineral Wells beats Gainesville, it clinches the No. 3 seed. If Mineral Wells beats Gainesville and Burkurnett upsets WF Hirschi, there will be a three-way tie for the final playoff spot. There is still a lot to be decided in this district.

Jacket97
11-04-2014, 02:33 PM
#3 or #4 would be the BOMB!!!!!!

GO KSTV!!!.......:clap:

Are you being paid?? Can we all get paid??

Go KSTV!!!! (giggle)

Smitty
11-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Are you being paid?? Can we all get paid??

Go KSTV!!!! (giggle)

go to SYJ.com for the story (stephenville vs Wylie) thread

STUDMYSTRO
11-04-2014, 03:15 PM
This game excites me! This years district has been great, and it is all coming down to the final game of the regular season. Wylie obviously has a high powered defense to be able to put a stomping on Big Spring the way they did...but BS also just came in off of a huge win and that may have been the one element that caused them to lose in the fashion they did. BS was never really able to get anything going in this game.

Most outsiders may think the odds are stacked against the Yellow Jackets without Stidham leading the offesne. But I have faith that this coaching staff used the bye week to put together a game plan that fits Chavy's style of playing. Chavy came out and shocked the world with his performance against BS and I believe that he will only improve with more experience and time. I am sure we will see the playbook open up and possibly see a few suprises this Friday night.

Coach G will make the right adjustments on the defensive side of the ball as well and we will be ready to put a stop to Wylie!

I am taking the Yellow Jackets by atleast 2 touchdowns!!

Oh and GO KSTV!

Smitty
11-04-2014, 03:19 PM
This game excites me! This years district has been great, and it is all coming down to the final game of the regular season. Wylie obviously has a high powered defense to be able to put a stomping on Big Spring the way they did...but BS also just came in off of a huge win and that may have been the one element that caused them to lose in the fashion they did. BS was never really able to get anything going in this game.

Most outsiders may think the odds are stacked against the Yellow Jackets without Stidham leading the offesne. But I have faith that this coaching staff used the bye week to put together a game plan that fits Chavy's style of playing. Chavy came out and shocked the world with his performance against BS and I believe that he will only improve with more experience and time. I am sure we will see the playbook open up and possibly see a few suprises this Friday night.

Coach G will make the right adjustments on the defensive side of the ball as well and we will be ready to put a stop to Wylie!

I am taking the Yellow Jackets by atleast 2 touchdowns!!

Oh and GO KSTV!

Boot's is going to get the BIG HEAD!!

GO KSTV!!

Aguilafanatico
11-04-2014, 03:47 PM
This game is a tough one. Abilene Wylie has some studs on their team and it appears that they are peaking at the right time. I pegged Stephenville to come out of R1 from day 1 but defensive struggles and injuries have taken their toll. I expect Stephenville to come out like an injured, cornered animal and play like their hair is on fire. I expect Wylie to try to turn this into a grind it out, street fight. Should be a great game. Two best teams in R1 in my opinion, despite the losses.

jason
11-04-2014, 03:49 PM
that's what i would bet on.
if brownwood beats big spring they should just let snyder take their spot in the playoffs.

ccmom
11-04-2014, 03:52 PM
that's what i would bet on.
if brownwood beats big spring they should just let snyder take their spot in the playoffs.

That made me laugh...:clap:

hollywood
11-04-2014, 04:08 PM
I guess Maxpreps has WH Hirschi finishing 3rd in Dist 4?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wylie-bulldogs-(abilene,tx)/football/schedule.htm

Sville
11-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I got a feeling #24 in Blue & Gold is going to have a big game.

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 05:27 PM
I guess Maxpreps has WH Hirschi finishing 3rd in Dist 4?

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/wylie-bulldogs-(abilene,tx)/football/schedule.htm

that is funny...but might be right because Burk is not good at all....Mineral Wells will get the 3rd seed if they can win friday....IF

hollywood
11-04-2014, 05:41 PM
that is funny...but might be right because Burk is not good at all....Mineral Wells will get the 3rd seed if they can win friday....IF

I thought so too... that means AW would finish 2nd. :devil:

hollywood
11-04-2014, 05:41 PM

No feeling about it Sville... he will. :clap:

hollywood
11-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I can't wait to see the look on the Wylie fans faces when they see what the Jackets have in store for them Friday. We're in the calm before the storm right now. :evillol:

slingshot
11-04-2014, 05:45 PM
I got a feeling #24 in Blue & Gold is going to have a big game.He is a stud... compact, fast, elusive, strong and cocky attitude--everything you need to be a great RB. I even said earlier in the season he may just be Stephenville's best player. If he gets going it will be a long night for Wylie--but I think our D can contain him. Will go farther--we keep him under 150 yds--we win. He busts off a big game (200+ yds)--we lose. By the same token if Johnston gets his usual 150+ yds and we eat up the clock with long drives--we win. If Stephenville's D steps up and contains him (no one has yet)--we lose.

hollywood
11-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Alright... M&G is due for this match up. Pregame or halftime... I would think pregame unless the AW folks would be getting to the stadium after 7PM. What's everyone's preference?

slingshot
11-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Alright... M&G is due for this match up. Pregame or halftime... I would think pregame unless the AW folks would be getting to the stadium after 7PM. What's everyone's preference?I might can make it for pregame... unfortunately halftime is out for me. You Ville fans just pick the best spot and time...

slingshot
11-04-2014, 06:15 PM
I can't wait to see the look on the Wylie fans faces when they see what the Jackets have in store for them Friday. We're in the calm before the storm right now. :evillol:BTW, funny you say that--I was talking to a couple of Wylie players yesterday and they said exactly the same thing... something to the tune of "Stephenville has no idea what we have in store for them, some big surprises".

hollywood
11-04-2014, 06:21 PM
BTW, funny you say that--I was talking to a couple of Wylie players yesterday and they said exactly the same thing... something to the tune of "Stephenville has no idea what we have in store for them, some big surprises".

Chess match?

slingshot
11-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Chess match?No doubt...

toddg
11-04-2014, 08:24 PM
I can't wait to see the look on the Wylie fans faces when they see what the Jackets have in store for them Friday. We're in the calm before the storm right now. :evillol:
That's what you said last week, and the bye ate y'all's lunch!!

hollywood
11-04-2014, 08:35 PM

:lies:

:fnypost:

garciap77
11-04-2014, 08:46 PM
:evillol:

garciap77
11-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Ok, Rocketwood!;)

hollywood
11-04-2014, 09:01 PM
Ok, Rocketwood!;)

Oh you have no idea what's coming gp77! It will be epic!! Can't wait.

Will you be here to see?!

:evilgrin:

garciap77
11-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Oh you have no idea what's coming gp77! It will be epic!! Can't wait.

Will you be here to see?!

:evilgrin:
If I get a ride with Doc!:evillol:

garciap77
11-04-2014, 09:18 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715515.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715515.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715516.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715516.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-04-2014, 09:19 PM
He will be ready! Has one of the best in the nation mentoring!
https://hotsportsnet.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/stephenvillevbigspring_14.jpg

garciap77
11-04-2014, 09:33 PM
His ready too!!! As your primo Rocket would say, " He's got heart!".

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715475.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715475.jpg.html)

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 09:35 PM
love all the pictures guys...keep it up!

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 09:41 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Other/2011-FB-Ville-vs-Aledo/i-mvgRQjj/0/X2/FB_2011-08-26_0697-X2.jpg
Who is this??? this is from 2011 Aledo game....

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 09:44 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2011-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-9brNfKg/0/X2/FB_2011-09-09_0185-X2.jpg
And for the Wylie guys.....Who is This? 88 ...this is from the 2011 game....He was a monster!...great hands..

slingshot
11-04-2014, 09:54 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2011-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-9brNfKg/0/X2/FB_2011-09-09_0185-X2.jpg
And for the Wylie guys.....Who is This? 88 ...this is from the 2011 game....He was a monster!...great hands..I think that was Richard Bloomer...

ccmom
11-04-2014, 09:57 PM
I think that was Richard Bloomer...

Yes it's Richard. He had a helluva game that night in Graham. Crazy to think that was 3 years ago. Somebody around here is getting old and I'm afraid it's me!

garciap77
11-04-2014, 09:58 PM
And for the Wylie guys.....Who is This? 88 ...this is from the 2011 game....He was a monster!...great hands..

Chase Williams I think. Slingshot would know for sure!

garciap77
11-04-2014, 10:03 PM
love all the pictures guys...keep it up!

Who's this?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/24_420Higgins20td20catch.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/24_420Higgins20td20catch.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-04-2014, 10:05 PM
Here and old pic!

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_6185.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DSC_6185.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-04-2014, 10:08 PM
How about this Big Boy???
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_0805.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DSC_0805.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-04-2014, 10:21 PM
Remember these big boys gp77?! Too bad they couldn't play as good as they looked like they could. We're reminded that someimes size doesn't matter. ;)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7716.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7711.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7700.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7664.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7657.jpghttp://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Sports/DSC_7622.jpg

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Who's this?
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/24_420Higgins20td20catch.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/24_420Higgins20td20catch.jpg.html)

That is Conner Higgins....I remember that catch very well....Was a great game Both teams made it to the state Champ game this yr 2009...Graham D2 ...Wylie D1.....AWESOME stuff!...Conner was one of Case's go-to guys...Great on third downs...

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 10:33 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2009-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-kT836ZG/0/X2/FB_2009-10-30_1758-X2.jpg
This is from that same game.....YEEEOOOUCCHHH!
AND THIS TOO!
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2009-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-Sb7xxnV/0/X2/FB_2009-10-30_1986_nx2-X2.jpg
And This!
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2009-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-2W4KfP2/0/X2/FB_2009-10-30_1816-X2.jpg
And we cant forget this!!...lol
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Graham/Football/2009-FB-Abilene-Wylie/i-kjMqcbg/0/X2/FB_2009-10-30_1955-X2.jpg
The Wylie games win or lose have been some of the best games anywhere year after year!

hollywood
11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
This was a fun night in WF.

http://www.reporternews.com/wylie-weekly/sports/wylie-vs-stephenville-football-113012

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:03 PM
This was a fun night in WF.

http://www.reporternews.com/wylie-weekly/sports/wylie-vs-stephenville-football-113012

HW did you see that picture...Who is #5...look back n see if you can help...THANKS

hollywood
11-04-2014, 11:14 PM
http://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/Other/2011-FB-Ville-vs-Aledo/i-mvgRQjj/0/X2/FB_2011-08-26_0697-X2.jpg
Who is this??? this is from 2011 Aledo game....

I think that's Padyn Giebler. He was a senior

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:17 PM

reason why I ask is because this is the only non Graham game on my buddy David Flynns Web site.. www.flynnpc.smugmug.com and He pictured this guy a lot..I have not asked David why but will be willing to bet he was hired for this game...Anyway pics look great and so was that game!!! This is not the playoff game BTW...

2muchOffense
11-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Yes that is Giebler. He now a linebacker at Incarnate Word.

hollywood
11-04-2014, 11:23 PM
reason why I ask is because this is the only non Graham game on my buddy David Flynns Web site.. www.flynnpc.smugmug.com and He pictured this guy a lot..I have not asked David why but will be willing to bet he was hired for this game...Anyway pics look great and so was that game!!!

Cool!

hollywood
11-04-2014, 11:24 PM

He was a good LB for Sville.

Hey, just 1 more post to hit a century and you can vote!

briandumith*
11-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Awesome!

Ville-D
11-04-2014, 11:31 PM

Was an Eastland boy before moving to Stephenville...

Ville-D
11-04-2014, 11:32 PM
Also, Stephenville over WhyLie by 22.

briandumith*
11-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Also, Stephenville over WhyLie by 22.

Hey what about that Cisco @ Eastland game......Thats gonna be summin!

Sville
11-05-2014, 10:06 AM
Here is another Flynn photo of #5 Giebler blocking a FG on the last play of the game against Aledo in 2011 for a 48-47 win.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/BLOCKED.jpg (http://s260.photobucket.com/user/ahycb/media/BLOCKED.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-05-2014, 11:33 AM
http://heralddemocrat.com/sites/heralddemocrat.com/files/article/179530_web_Denison-v-Stephenville.jpg

Here's an oldie but goodie.

Cody Cardwell still holds the Texas HS single season receiving record at 2427 yards from the 1998 season and 3rd all time career with 4241 yards. Kelan Luker was the QB and is 3rd on the list of single season passing yards at 4700.

hollywood
11-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Need a big night from #24!

http://mediaassets.reporternews.com/photo/2014/03/05/1130BSvsSville0923_3298025_ver1.0_640_480.JPG

hollywood
11-05-2014, 11:39 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/xo3T4ONWEsk/hqdefault.jpg

toddg
11-05-2014, 11:52 AM
Was an Eastland boy before moving to Stephenville...
but. of course!!

Caprocker
11-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Wylie is hands down the best team in the region right now. 55 kids on the roster, giants everywhere, not faking it anywhere..depth out the wazoo...much better team right now than they were 6-8 weeks ago..i saw them in week 1 and this team has caught a growth spurt along with gaining a couple transfers from who knows where.. wylie will win big IMO..

garciap77
11-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Wylie is hands down the best team in the region right now. 55 kids on the roster, giants everywhere, not faking it anywhere..depth out the wazoo...much better team right now than they were 6-8 weeks ago..i saw them in week 1 and this team has caught a growth spurt along with gaining a couple transfers from who knows where.. wylie will win big IMO..
:1omg!::tmi:;)

GrTigers6
11-05-2014, 01:52 PM
If anyone goes to Hard 8, Slap the cook around for me, He is my son, The one in my Avatar. LOL :D

hollywood
11-05-2014, 01:53 PM

What's this? I heard Wylie was small and they just caught Big Spring on their hangover week after beating Stephenville! This is preposterous! Jackets are doomed!! :helpme:

jason
11-05-2014, 02:05 PM
If anyone goes to Hard 8, Slap the cook around for me, He is my son, The one in my Avatar. LOL :D
someone should slap the owners for charging what they do for the dog food they serve...
no offense to your son...

GrTigers6
11-05-2014, 02:08 PM
someone should slap the owners for charging what they do for the dog food they serve...
no offense to your son...
I understand completely, No offense taken

toddg
11-05-2014, 02:09 PM
hands down? really?...think you might have caught a lightning strike on blue mountain near Notrees..or drank from the river near Mentone:thinking:

GrTigers6
11-05-2014, 02:09 PM
What's this? I heard Wylie was small and they just caught Big Spring on their hangover week after beating Stephenville! This is preposterous! Jackets are doomed!! :helpme:
Wylie is small compared to Cooper and AHS:D

toddg
11-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Here is another Flynn photo of #5 Giebler blocking a FG on the last play of the game against Aledo in 2011 for a 48-47 win.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/BLOCKED.jpg (http://s260.photobucket.com/user/ahycb/media/BLOCKED.jpg.html)
how did y'all go from that. to 31-0?!

briandumith*
11-05-2014, 05:57 PM
http://allperfectlytimed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Kid-puppy-wants-attention-resizecrop--.jpg
i like this

ccmom
11-05-2014, 06:09 PM

Are you posting "Cody's Corner" this week? I usually try to pop over there and read it but didn't see one this week yet.

hollywood
11-05-2014, 06:19 PM
http://allperfectlytimed.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Kid-puppy-wants-attention-resizecrop--.jpg
i like this

Awwe, look at those cute little bullpups.

briandumith*
11-05-2014, 06:41 PM
I am from Ranger and it is the Bulldogs too...not pickin favs here..love Ville too...#47 more than any other...lol

garciap77
11-05-2014, 08:30 PM
Awwe, look at those cute little bullpups.Said the Honey Bee!!!!!!!!!!
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Funny-English-Bulldog-Pics%20Honeybee%20copy_zpsf3b63130.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Funny-English-Bulldog-Pics%20Honeybee%20copy_zpsf3b63130.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/4BXP2-1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/4BXP2-1.jpg.html)

bobcat1
11-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Wylie's uniform for Friday night:

http://puppytoob.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/03/dog-as-a-honey-worker.jpg

bobcat1
11-05-2014, 08:44 PM
They have a trick play with this guy going in:

http://puppytoob.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/03/bulldog-dressed-as-a-bee-522x540.jpg

garciap77
11-05-2014, 08:48 PM
Wylie's uniform for Friday night:

http://puppytoob.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2012/03/dog-as-a-honey-worker.jpg

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/referee-cartoon1.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/referee-cartoon1.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-05-2014, 08:50 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/shark-fin.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/shark-fin.jpg.html)

briandumith*
11-05-2014, 10:54 PM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/dog-dressed-up-as-bee-10266532.jpglolhttp://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/8d/60/e7/8d60e75355ec44babda0b892b153443c.jpg
http://archive.sportschatplace.com/images/stories/gtuga.jpg
http://www.ugaredzone.com/ugafigurines/georgiabulldogtechstatue.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/jhix1264/YellowJackets.gif
lol love search n stuff like this

Sville
11-05-2014, 10:57 PM
Cody's Corner Week 11 vs Wylie (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1917.0)

I sprinkled plenty of Art Dust on the field before the rain. I also fed the boys an extra helping of Swole this week. Wylie has no chance now! The Jacket Mystique will be in full effect. I tried to take care of the refs but they said I needed to make a better offer then the one they had (whatever that means). I started a crowdfund account for refs vs. Wylie and it has taken off. Hope to have that better offer in by tomorrow.

ccmom
11-05-2014, 11:20 PM
Cody's Corner Week 11 vs Wylie (http://stephenvilleyellowjackets.com/index.php?topic=1917.0)

I sprinkled plenty of Art Dust on the field before the rain. I also fed the boys an extra helping of Swole this week. Wylie has no chance now! The Jacket Mystique will be in full effect. I tried to take care of the refs but they said I needed to make a better offer then the one they had (whatever that means). I started a crowdfund account for refs vs. Wylie and it has taken off. Hope to have that better offer in by tomorrow.
Not the Art Dust!!!!

By the way, I expect Briles' Bulldog recruit to have a big game Friday. Can't wait!!

garciap77
11-06-2014, 07:48 AM
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/dog-dressed-up-as-bee-10266532.jpglollol love search n stuff like this

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rattler.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Rattler.jpg.html)
Me too!:p

briandumith*
11-06-2014, 09:24 AM
This may sound bad but...we dont have any black kids on our team...sorry...

bearbear78
11-06-2014, 10:09 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Rattler.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Rattler.jpg.html)
Me too!:p
Lmao

BwdLions
11-06-2014, 10:32 AM
reason why I ask is because this is the only non Graham game on my buddy David Flynns Web site.. www.flynnpc.smugmug.com and He pictured this guy a lot..I have not asked David why but will be willing to bet he was hired for this game...Anyway pics look great and so was that game!!! This is not the playoff game BTW...

I'm sure David has pics of Padyn because he went to school for several years in Graham. He played all three years of junior high football in Graham before moving to Sville. He also ran track in junior high.

hollywood
11-06-2014, 10:39 AM
Grahamites are always welcome in Stephenville... they fit in well with their great work ethic! :D

hollywood
11-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Sad news, my wife's aunt passed away. She lived a long and blessed life. We'll be with family tomorrow evening in Brownwood. Wishing both teams a hard fought game and safe travels for my Wylie friends.

ccmom
11-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Sad news, my wife's aunt passed away. She lived a long and blessed life. We'll be with family tomorrow evening in Brownwood. Wishing both teams a hard fought game and safe travels for my Wylie friends.

I'm sorry to hear that, Hollywood. Best wishes to your family in this tough time.

bearbear78
11-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Condolences from Graham..

Caprocker
11-06-2014, 01:16 PM
Wylie is small compared to Cooper and AHS:D

no actually if you put wylie, chs and ahs side by side i'm pretty sure wylie is bigger on the football field..

slingshot
11-06-2014, 01:22 PM
no actually if you put wylie, chs and ahs side by side i'm pretty sure wylie is bigger on the football field.....but a lot slower.:dispntd:

GrTigers6
11-06-2014, 01:39 PM
no actually if you put wylie, chs and ahs side by side i'm pretty sure wylie is bigger on the football field..you may be right but I was referring to the enrollment.lol

slingshot
11-06-2014, 04:50 PM
Sad news, my wife's aunt passed away. She lived a long and blessed life. We'll be with family tomorrow evening in Brownwood. Wishing both teams a hard fought game and safe travels for my Wylie friends.Sorry to here that--family is more important than football. Was looking forward to razzing you tomorrow night though!

briandumith*
11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm sure David has pics of Padyn because he went to school for several years in Graham. He played all three years of junior high football in Graham before moving to Sville. He also ran track in junior high.

Did not know that..cool thanks

hollywood
11-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Maybe, just maybe we can have another repeat of 2012! :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0OOc0WtWA

hollywood
11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
Sorry to here that--family is more important than football. Was looking forward to razzing you tomorrow night though!

Thanks slingshot and yes you are right.. family is more important. I bet you are ready to razz us Jacket backers. Never know.. we could be razzing y'all before the nights over! :D

slingshot
11-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Thanks slingshot and yes you are right.. family is more important. I bet you are ready to razz us Jacket backers. Never know.. we could be razzing y'all before the nights over! :DWe would love to win the game and I know the Ville backers feel the same... at this stage though what is really important is avoiding catastrophic injuries and getting ready for the playoffs. Safe travels to all and see ya'll in Stephenville!

garciap77
11-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Sorry for the lost in your family. Prayers for you wife and her family. Hope to see you later on in the playoffs! You're a good man Hollywood!

briandumith*
11-06-2014, 07:03 PM
Maybe, just maybe we can have another repeat of 2012! :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0OOc0WtWA

always love the media vids....I have seen some of the stuff they have done this year...Good stuff!

hollywood
11-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the lost in your family. Prayers for you wife and her family. Hope to see you later on in the playoffs! You're a good man Hollywood!

Thanks garciap77!

bobcat1
11-06-2014, 07:56 PM
My prayers and condolences to your wife's family Hollywood.

briandumith*
11-06-2014, 08:57 PM

http://www.buzzle.com/images/quotes/condolence-message4.jpg

hollywood
11-06-2014, 09:14 PM
My prayers and condolences to your wife's family Hollywood.

Thank you very much bobcat1! One of these we'll get to meet. I'm sure you're a fine gentlemen

hollywood
11-06-2014, 09:15 PM
http://www.buzzle.com/images/quotes/condolence-message4.jpg

Thanks briandumith, I appreciate your thoughts!

hollywood
11-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Condolences from Graham..

Thanks man! I appreciate it.

bobcat1
11-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Thank you very much bobcat1! One of these we'll get to meet. I'm sure you're a fine gentlemen
I don't know about the gentleman part but yes we will meet one day.

ccmom
11-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Game day!!!!!

garciap77
11-07-2014, 08:36 AM
:cheerl:

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I get the sense that Wylie fans smell blood in the water after their huge win over Big Spring and Stidham going down.

hollywood
11-07-2014, 09:40 AM
I get the sense that Wylie fans smell blood in the water after their huge win over Big Spring and Stidham going down.

They're coming out of the mesquite trees by the droves!

slingshot
11-07-2014, 09:47 AM
I get the sense that Wylie fans smell blood in the water after their huge win over Big Spring and Stidham going down.Don't think so... this is still one of the top offenses in the state--even without Stidham. They have a top 5 RB and very good receivers and a very good O-line. Defense has been shaky but we don't light it up offensively anyway. They have had an open week to prepare and Coach Gillespie has never lost (9-0) after a bye. I really believe we will see Stephenville's best effort of the year. They are talented, have a strong tradition and are more than a little embarrassed by giving up 60+ to Big Spring last game. Much respect for Stephenville and their program.
I do believe we will win but not by 3 TD's as some predict... our D is good enough to at least slow them down and I do think our offense will move the ball. Should be a good one!

BwdLions
11-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Did not know that..cool thanks

Sure thing Brian.

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2014, 10:24 AM
They're coming out of the mesquite trees by the droves!
Yep, gp77 even showed back up!

Not mention and I got a text from a Wylie fan at nearly 10pm last night that read "Tic Toc". LOL

hollywood
11-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Game day!!!!!

Last home game for the seniors!

LB #27 Josh Gillespie
DE #7 Justice Bethea

https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQA8ItfGJllxdYxI&w=484&h=253&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews. com%2Fyourstephenvilletx.com%2Fcontent%2Ftncms%2Fa ssets%2Fv3%2Feditorial%2Fc%2F1e%2Fc1e954af-073a-5162-a12d-5da5425a9f97%2F5458d95183a1e.image.jpg&cfs=1

hollywood
11-07-2014, 12:35 PM
GET READY FOR THE CHAVY AIR RAID!!

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/bb/8bbdba1b-3d2d-5fbe-96a4-d7fa262031d2/54597d2e49b6c.image.jpg?resize=300%2C201
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0zJdkcCAAAjHSR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0zJdh9CcAAmKVt.jpg

bleedgreen
11-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Wylie's defense is peaking, as well as the whole team, and The only way for them to lose is turnovers and big mistakes (which usually doesn't happen). They do this about every year....they roll along and then when it matters the most, they start firing on all cylinders.

hollywood
11-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Wylie's defense is peaking, as well as the whole team, and The only way for them to lose is turnovers and big mistakes (which usually doesn't happen). They do this about every year....they roll along and then when it matters the most, they start firing on all cylinders.

Typically Wylie protects the ball well... but this season they have 20+ giveaways this season. :thinking:

Read Cody's Corner for this weeks game analysis.

garciap77
11-07-2014, 01:15 PM
GET READY FOR THE CHAVY AIR RAID!!

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/yourstephenvilletx.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/8/bb/8bbdba1b-3d2d-5fbe-96a4-d7fa262031d2/54597d2e49b6c.image.jpg?resize=300%2C201
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0zJdkcCAAAjHSR.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0zJdh9CcAAmKVt.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715556.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715556.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715553.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715553.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715515.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715515.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715516.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715516.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Typically Wylie protects the ball well... but this season they have 20+ giveaways this season. :thinking:

Read Cody's Corner for this weeks game analysis.

:(

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/DSC_2463-2.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/DSC_2463-2.jpg.html)

Our crew will be there tonight! :p

Sville
11-07-2014, 02:22 PM
It is a beautiful day for some football.

Come get you some Wylie. We are Stephenville!

hollywood
11-07-2014, 02:28 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715556.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715556.jpg.html)

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D715553.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D715553.jpg.html)

I hope Wylie D blitzes a lot! ;)

Man every time I see pics of Tannehill, he looks small. Maybe that's more evident in these pics of the average sized Wylie D-line! :hairpunk:

toddg
11-07-2014, 02:38 PM
It is a beautiful day for some football.

Come get you some Wylie. We are Stephenville!good luck to both teams!! should be a great game..a lot of weight on KWs shoulders, but i believe he is up for the task..style and flash is good when you have the 5 star QB and an above avg D...but there is nothing wrong with grinding out drives and shortening the game..which is what the jackets should have done in big spring..hmm..kinda like what Wylie did last week!

slingshot
11-07-2014, 02:47 PM
I hope Wylie D blitzes a lot! ;)

Man every time I see pics of Tannehill, he looks small. Maybe that's more evident in these pics of the average sized Wylie D-line! :hairpunk:Tannehill is 6'0", 180 lbs... Baker the DE is 6'5", 260 lbs...

Sweetwater Red
11-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Tannehill is 6'0", 180 lbs... Baker the DE is 6'5", 260 lbs...

Yeah, all the scouting sites have Tannehill listed as 6'0". As some one that has seen him play in
person a handful of times I'd say he is closer to 5'10' than 6'0".

STUDMYSTRO
11-07-2014, 03:10 PM
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL??????????????

It is a beautiful day for an all out battle on the football field. I expect nothing less than another classic match up between these two teams. My perdiction is that Stephenville took advantage of the bye week and will be ready to suprise AW.

I take the Jackets with the victory! 35-21

stardog
11-07-2014, 03:23 PM

a better offer is your only hope !!!!!

Inmateboss
11-07-2014, 03:48 PM
a better offer is your only hope !!!!!

Wylie gonna spank that Hiney tonight !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - inmateboss

garciap77
11-07-2014, 03:59 PM
Wylie gonna spank that Hiney tonight !!

:2thumbsup

Deuce
11-07-2014, 04:10 PM
I am taking Wylie by 7 in a knock down drag out!

Inmateboss
11-07-2014, 04:13 PM
I am taking Wylie by 7 in a knock down drag out!

Sounds like a plan!! The ville is gonna bring it, just don't think it's gonna be enough!!

football8
11-07-2014, 04:16 PM
Win or lose tonight, there appears to be a strong possibility that these two could meet again three weeks later in the quarter-finals. I don't think anybody in the region would be pleased to have to face either one of them in the regional finals, if they were honest.

football8
11-07-2014, 04:17 PM
The winner of that game likely plays the winner of Graham vs. Andrews/Big Spring winner for regional final.

Inmateboss
11-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Win or lose tonight, there appears to be a strong possibility that these two could meet again three weeks later in the quarter-finals. I don't think anybody in the region would be pleased to have to face either one of them in the regional finals, if they were honest.

Nobody is pleased to face them anytime! But to be the best you have to play the best! Line them fellers up, time for some Friday night lights!!

garciap77
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Wylie (7-2, 3-0) at Stephenville (6-2, 2-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday * tarleton memorial Stadium, Stephenville * Kean 105.1 Fm

What's riding on the game: A Bulldogs win would give them the District 3-4A Division I title outright. It also would be their seventh straight win. A Stephenville win would earn the Yellow Jackets a share of the district title and could result to a three-way tie for first if Big Spring beats Brownwood.

Last week: The Bulldogs slowed down Big Spring's explosive offense in their 49-6 win. Clay Johnston scored four rushing touchdowns in the first half to go along with 170 yards on 15 carries. J.T. Cary went 9 of 14 for 135 yards, including three receptions to Logan Gilliam for 43 yards and a touchdown. Stephenville was idle last week. The Yellow Jackets' last contest was a 64-57 loss at Big Spring.

Scouting Stephenville: The big news coming out of Stephenville the last two weeks was the season-ending hand injury to star quarterback Jarrett Stidham. The Texas Tech commit suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Big Spring loss.

Even without Stidham, Stephenville is no pushover. Backup quarterback Anthony Chavarria, a senior, stepped in and performed well against the Steers, going 24 of 37 for 360 yards and six touchdowns.

Sophomore running back Kaegun Williams was a standout as a freshman and has continued to elevate his game. He rushed for 173 yards on 24 carries in the Big Spring game. The Yellow Jackets also have some nice weapons at wide receiver, including Darian Brown and Ben Martin.

This is yet another high-scoring offense for the Bulldogs' defense to test their skills against. Stephenville averages 46 points per game. Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer has the highest respect for what the Yellow Jackets can do on offense. ‟Their backup steps in against Big Spring and throws for 360. His first pass was a 60-yard dart right down the seam,” Sandifer said. ‟He played well. Coming in there off the bench cold and played well. Now he's had a week of getting all the reps last week with the ones and the second week this week. They're a good football team. My gosh, they were ranked No. 1 in the state the first four, five weeks of the season. Their offense is really tough to slow down because they can throw it around so much, and then they've got one of the best backs in the district.

They're good. They're one of the best offenses that we've seen all year. There is no doubt about that.” Bulldogs update: The past three weeks have shown a Wylie team clicking on all cylinders. The Bulldogs have stormed through their three district games, outscoring opponents 131-23. Sandifer said what this has shown is his team's ability to effectively prepare for one opponent at a time. ‟I think there is a lot of preparation that goes into it,” he said.

‟Our kids understand scouting reports, film study, they understand the importance of understanding the game plan. They've had some success. Once you have some success you start believing in what you're doing. We have a large senior class.

Hopefully we have a lot of maturity on this team. They understand that we've got to take each opponent and give them our total effort and total concentration.” ... Wylie's running game hasn't skipped a beat since losing starting running back Trey Kleffner to a collarbone injury in September. They compiled 320 yards on the ground against Big Spring. The Bulldogs also showed how potent their passing came can be with targets such as Gilliam, Baylen Baker and Jaxson Money. These three players stand 6-foot-4, 6-5 and 6-2, respectively.

‟We threw to a lot of different receivers,” Sandifer said. ‟Some backs got catches out of the backfield. We were able to have some success running the football. Clay had some nice runs. We had some nice holes too. The linemen and the receivers do a good job blocking. A lot of people don't recognize that, but we try to sell our receivers on turning those 10-yard runs into 50-yard plays by blocking downfield.

They're doing a great job blocking downfield and help get some of those big runs.”

What the Bulldogs need to do to win:

Don't let up after last week's big win. The Bulldogs have yet to have a major letdown this year, and that must continue this week. Stephenville is still very formidable and may have something to prove to fans across the state who feel the Yellow Jackets are doomed without Stidham.

Jonathan Marshall's prediction:

Wylie 42, Stephenville 21

Sville
11-07-2014, 05:01 PM
Nobody is pleased to face them anytime! But to be the best you have to play the best! Line them fellers up, time for some Friday night lights!!

I like it, you big ones line up and you little ones bunch up. It is coming!

hollywood
11-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Tannehill is 6'0", 180 lbs... Baker the DE is 6'5", 260 lbs...

:2thumbsup

hollywood
11-07-2014, 05:06 PM
Wylie (7-2, 3-0) at Stephenville (6-2, 2-1)

7:30 p.m. Friday * tarleton memorial Stadium, Stephenville * Kean 105.1 Fm

What's riding on the game: A Bulldogs win would give them the District 3-4A Division I title outright. It also would be their seventh straight win. A Stephenville win would earn the Yellow Jackets a share of the district title and could result to a three-way tie for first if Big Spring beats Brownwood.

Last week: The Bulldogs slowed down Big Spring's explosive offense in their 49-6 win. Clay Johnston scored four rushing touchdowns in the first half to go along with 170 yards on 15 carries. J.T. Cary went 9 of 14 for 135 yards, including three receptions to Logan Gilliam for 43 yards and a touchdown. Stephenville was idle last week. The Yellow Jackets' last contest was a 64-57 loss at Big Spring.

Scouting Stephenville: The big news coming out of Stephenville the last two weeks was the season-ending hand injury to star quarterback Jarrett Stidham. The Texas Tech commit suffered the injury in the first quarter of the Big Spring loss.

Even without Stidham, Stephenville is no pushover. Backup quarterback Anthony Chavarria, a senior, stepped in and performed well against the Steers, going 24 of 37 for 360 yards and six touchdowns.

Sophomore running back Kaegun Williams was a standout as a freshman and has continued to elevate his game. He rushed for 173 yards on 24 carries in the Big Spring game. The Yellow Jackets also have some nice weapons at wide receiver, including Darian Brown and Ben Martin.

This is yet another high-scoring offense for the Bulldogs' defense to test their skills against. Stephenville averages 46 points per game. Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer has the highest respect for what the Yellow Jackets can do on offense. ‟Their backup steps in against Big Spring and throws for 360. His first pass was a 60-yard dart right down the seam,” Sandifer said. ‟He played well. Coming in there off the bench cold and played well. Now he's had a week of getting all the reps last week with the ones and the second week this week. They're a good football team. My gosh, they were ranked No. 1 in the state the first four, five weeks of the season. Their offense is really tough to slow down because they can throw it around so much, and then they've got one of the best backs in the district.

They're good. They're one of the best offenses that we've seen all year. There is no doubt about that.” Bulldogs update: The past three weeks have shown a Wylie team clicking on all cylinders. The Bulldogs have stormed through their three district games, outscoring opponents 131-23. Sandifer said what this has shown is his team's ability to effectively prepare for one opponent at a time. ‟I think there is a lot of preparation that goes into it,” he said.

‟Our kids understand scouting reports, film study, they understand the importance of understanding the game plan. They've had some success. Once you have some success you start believing in what you're doing. We have a large senior class.

Hopefully we have a lot of maturity on this team. They understand that we've got to take each opponent and give them our total effort and total concentration.” ... Wylie's running game hasn't skipped a beat since losing starting running back Trey Kleffner to a collarbone injury in September. They compiled 320 yards on the ground against Big Spring. The Bulldogs also showed how potent their passing came can be with targets such as Gilliam, Baylen Baker and Jaxson Money. These three players stand 6-foot-4, 6-5 and 6-2, respectively.

‟We threw to a lot of different receivers,” Sandifer said. ‟Some backs got catches out of the backfield. We were able to have some success running the football. Clay had some nice runs. We had some nice holes too. The linemen and the receivers do a good job blocking. A lot of people don't recognize that, but we try to sell our receivers on turning those 10-yard runs into 50-yard plays by blocking downfield.

They're doing a great job blocking downfield and help get some of those big runs.”

What the Bulldogs need to do to win:

Don't let up after last week's big win. The Bulldogs have yet to have a major letdown this year, and that must continue this week. Stephenville is still very formidable and may have something to prove to fans across the state who feel the Yellow Jackets are doomed without Stidham.

Jonathan Marshall's prediction:

Wylie 42, Stephenville 21

Good article!

garciap77
11-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Good article!

I only like the prediction!;)

hollywood
11-07-2014, 05:37 PM
I only like the prediction!;)

I just like the article. You can trash that prediction!! Lol

Sville
11-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Come get your serving Wylie

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii18/ahycb/whoopass.jpg (http://s260.photobucket.com/user/ahycb/media/whoopass.jpg.html)

hollywood
11-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Hearing a M&G at halftime, south endzone. BE there or BE square!

Celina8
11-07-2014, 09:31 PM
Any score update on this game?

2muchOffense
11-07-2014, 09:33 PM
Wylie up 6-0 at the half

Phantom Stang
11-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Any score update on this game?

Wylie leads 6-0 at the half.

regaleagle
11-07-2014, 09:42 PM
So much for the high score prediction, huh?

jason
11-07-2014, 10:04 PM
Wylie is good.
Stephenville had 165 yards in first half and outgained AW.
Wylie had 3 punts and SV had a missed PAT.

Good defensive game!!

Phantom Stang
11-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Wylie 21
Stephenville 7
Final

jason
11-07-2014, 11:09 PM
good ball game
stephenville gained a lot of yards, just couldn't put up points

Sville
11-07-2014, 11:29 PM
Congrats to the district champion Abilene Wylie Bulldogs. It was a good game the Jackets just got beat by a better team tonight.

football8
11-07-2014, 11:44 PM
We will see yall again in three weeks in the Quarter-finals. Stay healthy and good luck.

bobcat1
11-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Congrats Wylie! Sounds like it was a great game.

Sville
11-07-2014, 11:57 PM
I am very proud of our defense tonight. They got their pride hurt and lip bloodied the last game and came back with an outstanding performance. If they play like that my Jackets will be in every ballgame.

slingshot
11-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Great game! Jacket D came to play--we just wore them down in the 2nd half. Our O struggled but Johnston turned it up and took over late. Wylie D was outstanding and bent but did not break. Holding Stephenville scoreless until 3 minutes to go! Wow...

regaleagle
11-08-2014, 12:30 AM
Wylie is an impressive-looking group of athletes, for sure. Just watching them is a treat. Winning a game against them now will be a tall task for any team, imho. I think they have that much potential. Lots of seniors on that squad too. And they're deep with talent. Just a very good football team.

football8
11-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Slingshot, do you think these two teams meet again in the quarter-finals and do you think it makes a difference if Stidham is healthy and plays?

Sville
11-08-2014, 12:49 AM
If the Jackets take care of business they would get the winner Andrews-Big Spring in 3rd and winner of Graham-Wylie in QF. That's a big IF.

slingshot
11-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Slingshot, do you think these two teams meet again in the quarter-finals and do you think it makes a difference if Stidham is healthy and plays?Well, don't know when but suspect we will have to play Graham sooner or later. If Stidham is healthy and plays it will definitely make a difference. I still think we can win but it will be much tougher. We played a very conservative, 'run it straight at you and dare you to stop us' offense tonight. We can open that up a lot if necessary.

slingshot
11-08-2014, 02:01 AM
Biggest surprise to me was seeing the Stephenville stands start to empty with ~5 minutes to go in the game. 2nd biggest surprise was when I told one of your assistant coaches 'Good Game' and said we'll see ya'll again in a few weeks, he just shook his head and said "don't think we want to see you again".
Other observations... Stephenville's D-line is quite good and physical. The DB's not so much. If you can get to the second level you usually get a big gainer. Wylie's D is ready for about anyone at this point--def the strength of our team. Our offense can be very efficient and drive the ball and eat up clock with a mixture of a punishing running game and short passes (see Big Spring game) but still sputters and is not clicking at times (see Stephenville game). To beat Graham we have to put it all together... can't worry about them yet though--next game is all that matters.

hollywood
11-08-2014, 02:04 AM
Congrats to Wylie on a hard fought win tonight. Going undefeated in this district is impressive! District Champs and well deserved.

I was really impressed with the Stephenville defense tonight! The 2 weeks of prep looked to strengthen some weaknesses and with a couple of personnel changes it made an impact. The offense showed signs of greatness as expected but also showed the inconsistency of a new QB leading the charge. Defense played well enough to win his game. Offense didn't finish drives. Good game overall. Glad I was able to stay and watch the whole game.

Best of luck to Wylie the next several weeks. Hopefully we'll get another rematch. Wylie has proved to be one of the strongest team in Reg 1.

hollywood
11-08-2014, 02:14 AM
Biggest surprise to me was seeing the Stephenville stands start to empty with ~5 minutes to go in the game. 2nd biggest surprise was when I told one of your assistant coaches 'Good Game' and said we'll see ya'll again in a few weeks, he just shook his head and said "don't think we want to see you again".
Other observations... Stephenville's D-line is quite good and physical. The DB's not so much. If you can get to the second level you usually get a big gainer. Wylie's D is ready for about anyone at this point--def the strength of our team. Our offense can be very efficient and drive the ball and eat up clock with a mixture of a punishing running game and short passes (see Big Spring game) but still sputters and is not clicking at times (see Stephenville game). To beat Graham we have to put it all together... can't worry about them yet though--next game is all that matters.

To be honest, I think Big Spring, Graham, Wylie, Stephenville could all beat each other on any given night. I know Wylie thumped Big Spring but like you said before, any team can have an off night. I think if Stephenville is still alive when Stidham is healthy, maybe 3rd round, Stephenville has a shot of getting out of the region. We saw what inexperience at QB can look like against a solid defense tonight. Although Chavarria has done a solid job, he's not a dual threat and several passes were just off. Struggles with mobility and vision. Still proud of him and the entire team and coaching staff for working hard to make the best run possible. It going to be fun to watch no matter what happens. I still believe.

hollywood
11-08-2014, 02:18 AM
If the Jackets take care of business they would get the winner Andrews-Big Spring in 3rd and winner of Graham-Wylie in QF. That's a big IF.

If the VILLE D plays the rest of the games this season like they did tonight, I have no doubt whatsoever that we can make it out of the region. The team has to execute. It's like watching another team start over and trying to figure out what works.

hollywood
11-08-2014, 02:19 AM
Congrats to the district champion Abilene Wylie Bulldogs. It was a good game the Jackets just got beat by a better team tonight.

Yep, agreed.

slingshot
11-08-2014, 02:24 AM
To be honest, I think Big Spring, Graham, Wylie, Stephenville could all beat each other on any given night. I know Wylie thumped Big Spring but like you said before, any team can have an off night. I think if Stephenville is still alive when Stidham is healthy, maybe 3rd round, Stephenville has a shot of getting out of the region. We saw what inexperience at QB can look like against a solid defense tonight. Although Chavarria has done a solid job, he's not a dual threat and several passes were just off. Struggles with mobility and vision. Still proud of him and the entire team and coaching staff for working hard to make the best run possible. It going to be fun to watch no matter what happens. I still believe.This. If Stidham does come back and we meet again it will be a war... still think we win but it will much tougher. When we played ya'll in the 3rd round in 2012 it was a close game for 3 quarters then you physically just overpowered us in the 4th because ya'll were bigger/stronger/had the better athletes. This year I think it's the other way around. Just hope we both get there! No guarantee at this point for either of us...

hollywood
11-08-2014, 02:24 AM
As for the Wylie team, I was most impressed by the Johnston player. He is one heck of a football player! For his size, he is quick, fast, shifty and runs tough! Ralston who?! And to comment further, he's a better linebacker. He was everywhere tonight. Very impressive. The D-line was the best I've seen since Carthage 2010. Contain the LOS with penetration on almost every play. Wylie defense is very sound and just downright nasty. Not dominating but damn good. The best in region 1 without question.

vtskneb
11-08-2014, 08:47 AM
To be honest, I think Big Spring, Graham, Wylie, Stephenville could all beat each other on any given night. I know Wylie thumped Big Spring but like you said before, any team can have an off night. I think if Stephenville is still alive when Stidham is healthy, maybe 3rd round, Stephenville has a shot of getting out of the region. We saw what inexperience at QB can look like against a solid defense tonight. Although Chavarria has done a solid job, he's not a dual threat and several passes were just off. Struggles with mobility and vision. Still proud of him and the entire team and coaching staff for working hard to make the best run possible. It going to be fun to watch no matter what happens. I still believe.

The players who have been starting all year will have to make more plays than they did tonight on offense. Sure Chavarria missed a pass or two but there were way too many drops last night. Gotta help him out. The defense was very impressive.

garciap77
11-08-2014, 10:00 AM
The players who have been starting all year will have to make more plays than they did tonight on offense. Sure Chavarria missed a pass or two but there were way too many drops last night. Gotta help him out. The defense was very impressive.
:iagree:

Celina8
11-08-2014, 11:44 AM
I am a little confused on this thread , because from what I am reading Stephenville did not win the game , but they did not get beat either!

slingshot
11-08-2014, 11:54 AM
I am a little confused on this thread , because from what I am reading Stephenville did not win the game , but they did not get beat either!Oh, they got beat. I think the Stephenville posters were just glad to see their defense show up and play hard. Our defense played their usual style and pitched a shutout until Stephenville punched one across with less than 3 min to go in the game. Stephenville played hard but our size and depth finally just physically wore them down the second half.

toddg
11-08-2014, 12:46 PM
if you got the D, the grind it out offense is highly effective.

Sville
11-08-2014, 01:02 PM
I am a little confused on this thread , because from what I am reading Stephenville did not win the game , but they did not get beat either!

I don't know how I can put it any plainer when I said we played good but got beat by a better team last night. I am not sure what you are looking or trolling for.

The Jackets played with a lot of heart and pride. They left it all on the field. As a fan and product of the program, that is all you can ask for.

slingshot
11-08-2014, 01:25 PM
I don't know how I can put it any plainer when I said we played good but got beat by a better team last night. I am not sure what you are looking or trolling for.

The Jackets played with a lot of heart and pride. They left it all on the field. As a fan and product of the program, that is all you can ask for.Perfectly put. They did play well and played with heart. Truly all you can ask for. Anyone who thinks Stephenville is going to be an easy out on the playoffs is going to be severely disappointed...

garciap77
11-08-2014, 03:18 PM
You can't for better view than this(Slingshot):

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716005.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716005.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716001.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716001.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716013.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716013.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716014.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716014.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716017C.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716017C.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716018.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716018.jpg.html)

garciap77
11-08-2014, 03:33 PM
STEPHENVILLE* When it was announced what teams would comprise District 3-4A Division I during realignment in February, the league was believed to be one of the best in the class.

On Friday night, the Bulldogs stood alone as the league's best after defeating Stephenville 21-7 to claim the district title. Wylie coach Hugh Sandifer said his team didn't want to share the district crown. They wanted it all to themselves.

‟We wanted to win it outright,” Sandifer said. ‟When we saw this district in February, we knew how good a district this was going to be. Our kids wanted to be the first ones to win this new district, and I can't give them enough credit. Our guys fought.

‟First half, it was two really good teams just going at each other, and our defense played outstanding, keeping them out of the end zone. Then we challenged our linemen in the second half. We said 'We're better then that.' ” It was a hardfought battle in the first half with the only score coming on a 28-yard run by Wylie's Clay Johnston at the 3:27 mark of the first quarter.

Johnston led all rushers with 182 yards on 23 carries. Jared Asbill was the second-leading rusher for the Bulldogs (8-2, 4-0), tallying 33 yards on five carries.

The Yellow Jackets (6-3, 2-2) had an opportunity to put points on the board before halftime but couldn't connect on a field goal. That was the story of the night for Stephenville, which made five trips into Wylie territory but came away with just one touchdown.

The Yellow Jackets were held to 76 yards rushing compared to 239 for the Bulldogs. Friday capped an impressive run for the Wylie defense through the district schedule. The Bulldogs outscored opponents 152-30 in league play.

Senior defensive end Baylen Baker said his teammates knew the road to a district title would be tough, but they welcomed the chal lenge.

‟It means the world to us,” Baker said. ‟Since February, we got our schedule, we've been waiting for this game all year. We've been building up to this game.” Senior quarterback J.T. Cary, who went 6 of 11 for 109 yards and a touchdown, said Friday night showed the theme of this year's Wylie team.

‟We're so thankful and blessed for everything we've been able to accomplish,” Cary said. ‟We had a tough predistrict, we struggled and we got better from it every game. That's the name of our game this year. We've just gotten better every single game, and it showed off tonight.” The Bulldogs went up 14-0 following a 5-yard pass from Cary to Josiah Light with 3:02 left in the third. Johnston finished his night off with an 8-yard run to make it 21-0 with 4:27 left in the game.

Stephenville was finally able to get into the end zone with 2:53 left, when Nico Madrid scored on a 2-yard run.

While it wasn't always pretty, Sandifer said his team found a way to get the job done - something the Wylie coaching staff has preached on all season.

‟We keep talking to our team about great teams got to handle adversity, and you got to play through it,” Sandifer said. ‟Each play is the most important one and this made us better tonight. That's a good football team we just played. To win at their place, it was big for us to get a district title.” With the district trophy in hand, the Bulldogs will now get set for the next step in hopes of playing for the biggest title of them all, the Class 4A state championship .

‟We enjoy it until we get home,” Sandifer said. ‟We don't even know who we play yet, so we enjoy it. When we figure out who we play, we'll work it out and we'll get some things done. But right now, we're going to savor this championship because all the hype this district got before the season and for us to be undefeated is pretty sweet.”

We're so thankful and blessed for everything we've been able to accomplish. We had a tough pre-district, we struggles and we got better from it every game. That's the name of our game this year. We've just gotten better every single game, and it showed off tonight.”

J.T. Cary, Wylie senior quarterback

garciap77
11-08-2014, 04:15 PM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/_D716800.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/_D716800.jpg.html)
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/WylieDistrictChamps2014.jpg (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/WylieDistrictChamps2014.jpg.html)

briandumith*
11-08-2014, 04:38 PM

The Jackets played with a lot of heart and pride. They left it all on the field. As a fan and product of the program, that is all you can ask for.

Absolutely nothing wrong with loving your team.. Especially when they have a hard fought loss...We in Graham get the same CRAP when we lose... Shows the colors of true fans NOT fair weather fans... Cu-do's Sville keep it up!

Inmateboss
11-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Absolutely nothing wrong with loving your team.. Especially when they have a hard fought loss...We in Graham get the same CRAP when we lose... Shows the colors of true fans NOT fair weather fans... Cu-do's Sville keep it up!

Win or lose I will stand there after the game and give hugs and handshakes to all of the guys, because that's my way of showing support for a bunch of young men that just sacrificed their time and bodies for our entertainment!!! But with Dallas I'll talk crap!!

garciap77
11-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Win or lose I will stand there after the game and give hugs and handshakes to all of the guys, because that's my way of showing support for a bunch of young men that just sacrificed their time and bodies for our entertainment!!! But with Dallas I'll talk crap!!

Boss Man are you going to be there?http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd185/garciap77/Smilies/viannen_77_zps1ad41b93.gif (http://s220.photobucket.com/user/garciap77/media/Smilies/viannen_77_zps1ad41b93.gif.html)

JVDAD
11-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Great ball game period! No shame anywhere, all of those boys left it all on the field. Been to most every Bulldog game since 2010 and this was by far the most involved crowd since the last meeting with the Jackets in 12'.

football8
11-09-2014, 01:29 AM
The '12 game was awesome. The '14 game was pretty great as far as high school football goes. But, what will be a really electric atmosphere is if Stephenville and Wylie meet down the road to see who goes on.

Aguilafanatico
11-09-2014, 09:52 AM
As for the Wylie team, I was most impressed by the Johnston player. He is one heck of a football player! For his size, he is quick, fast, shifty and runs tough! Ralston who?! And to comment further, he's a better linebacker. He was everywhere tonight. Very impressive. The D-line was the best I've seen since Carthage 2010. Contain the LOS with penetration on almost every play. Wylie defense is very sound and just downright nasty. Not dominating but damn good. The best in region 1 without question.

Ralston who???? :fnypost::fnypost:

hollywood
11-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Ralston who???? :fnypost::fnypost:

;) :wave: