PDA

View Full Version : How much is too much and what do you do??

lostaussie
11-01-2014, 08:29 PM
85 points last night and if the coaches hadn't given back a TD it would have been 92. I know that Navasota has scored 80+ twice this year. Numerous others have been in the 70's. Saying that, I know the coaches want to get the offensive involved for further down the road. What do you do? We made punt returners fair catch, played kids I had rarely ever seen on the field and tried to get the game over as fast as possible. Don't comment to just kneel and punt......nobody s doing that. Probably more of an insult than scoring again. Have the offensives changed that much that 70 is the new 50? I hate it for the teams on the receiving end. Last night the Nevada Braves played with a lot of heart. I hope they make the playoffs. The QB was a lot of fun to watch.

Saggy Aggie
11-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Did yall have a running clock?

lostaussie
11-01-2014, 08:41 PM
Oh yea

defense51
11-01-2014, 08:45 PM
Run the ball, running clock, use 2's & 3's, and use as much of the play clock as you can between snaps... That's about it short of simply kneeling, and that's not a viable answer in my opinion.

regaleagle
11-01-2014, 08:57 PM
When I was in high school, the coach made us punt on first down against a team we were drilling 60-0 at half. So that's what we did....everytime we got the ball we punted it back to them.

movethechain
11-01-2014, 09:41 PM
When I was in high school, the coach made us punt on first down against a team we were drilling 60-0 at half. So that's what we did....everytime we got the ball we punted it back to them.

That's not a good solution for us. Our defense already has more game time in this one season than many players see in their entire varsity career. We don't need to be on defense, we need more snaps on offense. Just ignore what the scoreboard says about how good our offense is, we still need to get more work in before the playoffs and it just ain't happenin.

regaleagle
11-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Goliad(my alma mater) was leading 73-0 at halftime this week, and the final score was 73-0. No point scoring more points....just clear the bench and don't score if at all possible. Try long field goals that are almost impossible, or work on your punting game....even with the subs of the subs.

On a side note...it is now 11:30 pm not 12:30 am. Happy Central Standard Time:doh:

stardog
11-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Goliad(my alma mater) was leading 73-0 at halftime this week, and the final score was 73-0. No point scoring more points....just clear the bench and don't score if at all possible. Try long field goals that are almost impossible, or work on your punting game....even with the subs of the subs.

On a side note...it is now 11:30 pm not 12:30 am. Happy Central Standard Time:doh:

Offical time doesn't change until 2 AM.