PDA

View Full Version : Buckeyes to Rains to Close District Play

buckeyebob
11-01-2014, 08:17 AM
The Gilmer Buckeyes journey on Friday Night to Emory Rains to close out District Play with a perfect record for the 2014 Season. The Buckeyes are averaging 67 points per game & giving up 5 points to our opponents in District Play. Will Rains be able to undo the streak the Bux have going or will the wilt under the onslaught of the Buckeyes?

ronwx5x
11-01-2014, 11:16 AM
The Gilmer Buckeyes journey on Friday Night to Emory Rains to close out District Play with a perfect record for the 2014 Season. The Buckeyes are averaging 67 points per game & giving up 5 points to our opponents in District Play. Will Rains be able to undo the streak the Bux have going or will the wilt under the onslaught of the Buckeyes?
Rains lost to Community and Canton, giving up a combined total of 94 points. Gilmer beat.the two of them by a combined score of 155 to 14. Is there really any question?

poisoned10
11-01-2014, 05:59 PM
The biggest question is will Rains learn from Gilmer's 1st 9 opponents and elect to receive if they win the toss?

Gilmer has received the opening kickoff every game this year. Each possession has led to a TD and the longest drive lasted 6 plays.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
11-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Rains lost to Community and Canton, giving up a combined total of 94 points. Gilmer beat.the two of them by a combined score of 155 to 14. Is there really any question?

You play what you have...gotta get ready for each & every one of them...2006...Bux were #1 with everyone since Week 0...had 7 Div 1 incl 3 NFLers...1st Round Liberty Eylau came to Longview to meet the highly favored Bux with a RB named James & a QB named Middleton...we started Round Ball Monday.

buckeyebob
11-01-2014, 07:44 PM
The biggest question is will Rains learn from Gilmer's 1st 9 opponents and elect to receive if they win the toss?

Gilmer has received the opening kickoff every game this year. Each possession has led to a TD and the longest drive lasted 6 plays.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Doubt it...

lostaussie
11-01-2014, 08:16 PM
You play what you have...gotta get ready for each & every one of them...2006...Bux were #1 with everyone since Week 0...had 7 Div 1 incl 3 NFLers...1st Round Liberty Eylau came to Longview to meet the highly favored Bux with a RB named James & a QB named Middleton...we started Round Ball Monday.Well, his name was Will Middlebrooks.........he kicked our ass......I would think you could remember his name. Hell I still remember the name of the RB from Cameron Yoe that kicked our ass in 81. As Tim McGraw says........things like that just don't happen twice!!

ronwx5x
11-01-2014, 08:22 PM
You play what you have...gotta get ready for each & every one of them...2006...Bux were #1 with everyone since Week 0...had 7 Div 1 incl 3 NFLers...1st Round Liberty Eylau came to Longview to meet the highly favored Bux with a RB named James & a QB named Middleton...we started Round Ball Monday.And LE had a really good team, winning the state championship. Rains, not so much.

buckeyebob
11-02-2014, 03:26 PM
I am old...proud that I could remember it started with a "M"...

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 03:40 PM
Never heard of any these schools Gilmer is playing in district. Are these first year varsity programs? Regardless, I see about another 90 raining down on Rains.:doh: Rains?:spitlol:

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 03:54 PM
Digging deeper. Ya'll the Refugio of Northeast Texas. Talking about a soft schedule with them creme puff's you have played. Toughest game, appears maybe Daingerfield. And, I don't think they've won a game.

Yet, they keep you ranked #1 based on what? Potential? How about ranking, what someone's done and against whom. Amazing they have not noticed this yet.:vrycnfsd:

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Maybe you should get out and see more of the world snottybubbles.

buckeyebob
11-02-2014, 04:56 PM
Digging deeper. Ya'll the Refugio of Northeast Texas. Talking about a soft schedule with them creme puff's you have played. Toughest game, appears maybe Daingerfield. And, I don't think they've won a game.

Yet, they keep you ranked #1 based on what? Potential? How about ranking, what someone's done and against whom. Amazing they have not noticed this yet.:vrycnfsd:

AP has us @ 3rd...ranking don't mean squat...other wise, you play what is presented to the best of your ability...see below for the one I am most proud of

Aesculus gilmus
11-02-2014, 05:08 PM
At least Rains has a new stadium.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1678

When we were in District 11-3A with them in 2002-03, a major worry was our players getting injured in their cow pasture on which they played football games in Emory.

In fact, speedster Andrew Hines suffered a torn meniscus on that field in 2002. Hines may have been the fastest Gilmer back I'd ever seen at the time. Of course, on this team, there are two and possibly three players who are faster than Hines was.

I just looked up that old district. Gilmer and Rains are the only ones still in this classification. Three moved down, one moved up.
"District 11 - Emory Rains, Gilmer, Lindale, Mineola, Mount Vernon, Winnsboro."

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Maybe you should get out and see more of the world snottybubbles.

Don't take the questioning personal down under lost one. Which of your opponents (overall record 32-49) win's this years warrants #1 ranking then? Name the signature big Buckeye win? Sorry, Daingerfield has won a game, finally. Not saying you will not be #1 when all is said and done. Just, you have done nothing this season to deserve it IMO. Based on who you've played, and those listed in the current top 10, not sure you even belong in the top 10, yet.

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 05:16 PM
I've seen lots of High School Football........I've never seen a team do it with such ease. Maybe it will be our downfall or maybe it will be a blessing because of no injuries. Time will tell. I've seen enough to know its gonna take a very special team to beat us.

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 05:21 PM
I've never seen a team do it with such ease.

I think those listed below you in the top 10 could do it just as easy if they played your schedule. Was wondering if you had a signature win to base all this on, is all.

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 05:25 PM
We played Carthage Tatum and Dangerfield all with multiple state titles. Who new they would all suck with the exception of Tatum who has been disappointing to say the least. I'm thru defending our schedule. Everyone will get a chance to see soon enough

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 05:47 PM
We played Carthage Tatum and Dangerfield all with multiple state titles. Who new they would all suck with the exception of Tatum who has been disappointing to say the least. I'm thru defending our schedule. Everyone will get a chance to see soon enough

What I thought. Isn't one that warrants your ranking. Hell, the #6 team Atlanta played Tatum (your only worthy opponent IMO) better than ya'll Friday. You mentioned, who would know Carthage and Daingerfield would suck this year? Hell, I think anyone that get's out, would've known that. So, maybe you should leave your trailer more in the piney woods? Play Longview, the real team from there. I think Harleton, New Diana and Ore City hangs with Pine Tree.

I think that team ranked #2, beats you by 3, 4 TD's. Your right, time will tell, if having a Refugio type schedule is Gilmugio's downfall. Meanwhile, those ranking you #1 should use facts, not potential, when ranking.

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Longview will not schedule us......just saying, they have absolutely nothing to gain for that.. Finding a schedule for us is hard. I have personally wanted to venture out but that gets hard also due to finances........ BTW way Snotty......what team you follow. Just curious

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 07:36 PM
I find it amusing that someone who trolled this thread all day would not answer when I asked him his team.

Snotbubbles
11-02-2014, 07:54 PM
I find it amusing that someone who trolled this thread all day would not answer when I asked him his team.

Sorry. Ate dinner and caught some of the Den/NE game. Currently, I live in the sticks between Floresville, Stockdale and LaVernia. Oil/gas business. I follow LaVernia past couple years, since moving to the great town of Sutherland Springs. Old fart, who likes to give it, as much as receive it. I often do know my facts before posting, and have been known to make wild predictions, which has resulted in me eating crow a few times. I acknowledge when I miss, and eat it. LOL. So, regards to my LaGrange beating you by 3, 4 TD's, if you meet up sometime and win or lose closer than my prediction, I'll feast again on some crow.

lostaussie
11-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Personally I think LV is probably pretty good. Unfortunate as it is this year I think either Gilmer or Gladewater advances from R2. Not a lot of competition in R2 D2 this year. Coldspring Mexia and Fairfield may have a little to say about that. Depth is not there

buckeyebob
11-02-2014, 09:38 PM

No one from Gilmer does any of the rankings...the UIL put us in the district we are in...we played Canton in 2012 Bi-District, Bullard & Rains in past district schedule...Melissa & Community are new to us...maybe you need to take our ranking up with those who rank...we do not care about the ranking at all as it means nothing